Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 05:17 AM   #211
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Good Morning!!! I love coming back to lots of posts! you girls are great!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2011, 05:20 AM   #212
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
kind of snot err, nutty. yeah I add equal otherwise it's really unpalatable.

Cheers!
Old 04-05-2011, 05:22 AM   #213
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Does everyone see my photo in the thread when I post ? I see everyone else but not my own
Is that normal ?
Quite the beauty, you are!! I can't imagine you being any more stunning at your wedding, but you will! (Your pic is up in your public profile, if we click on your name..)
Old 04-05-2011, 05:25 AM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
morning Cat, Al.......

menu looks great Cat, rockin' it! Bacon salad..........mmmmmmmmmmmm

' I always like the excuses brought up here, my family has a history of diabetes, I am lactose intolerant, I am allergic to gluten, etc... For some reason people have a problem when you make your own conscious decision to make dietary changes unless there is some medical reason for it. '

never had to use 'em but it's been my game plan since I started....

BtW being cold is a well known side effect of Stills.....
Old 04-05-2011, 05:31 AM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

aka your photo is stunning! another side effect of Stills.........we're all hot mommas!
Old 04-05-2011, 05:35 AM   #216
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I used to love eating now I'm dreading ... I guess in a way that's a good thing , they say it's best not to let food control you

I have a lot of events coming up surrounding my graduation and my wedding and there is going to be a lot of food , I'm getting anxious in advance but if I have to bring my own personal chicken to an event , then so be it
Someone has a problem with that then oh well I'm ready to be the old me , the fit me
One of the best things (besides weight loss) about going meat only, for me, is getting all the control back. I think if you keep this up you'll start to enjoy eating again. You will sit down to that grilled chicken or steak, and savor every bite like it was the greastest meal ever prepared. dont think that'll ever happen with a can of tuna though . Also, with meat,even if it tastes extra good that day and we have more than we think we should, it doesnt make a bit of differnence on the scale the next day. Thats the power of meat.

So AKAGAL, you can totally get through these events! Theres gotta be some chicken, theres gotta be some beef involved, right? Go at it. Even if its legs or thighs, or roast. At that point dont worry about the fat. As long as its coming from meat! and if its a pasta event, darn it, make a request! These days are set up in your honor, so you should get what you want!
Old 04-05-2011, 05:38 AM   #217
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
My husband bought a box of chocolates! Guess what I am craving!! AHHH
Whenever this happens, go to your fridge, grab the pre-cooked egg, or chicken, or chop (that you always have on hand, right? ) and shovel it in. Hungry or not. Dont even sit down. Dont even warm it up. Just eat it!
Old 04-05-2011, 05:56 AM   #218
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
dunno about that....I look forward to eating because I know I can't 'hurt' myself with it anymore. It's not the enemy anymore.

and if ppl don't like your food choices they're just jealous!!!!!!!!
Yeah! What CC said. Thats what I was getting at!!!

and I'd like to add to what people think of our food choices....the skeptical friends or family out there and how some of us will respond to them eventually.... For anyone that decides to continue on the meat path, (for some,even after you get to goal), you amazingly will feel so great. Inside and out. Im talking physically and emotionally. It wont happen in a week, it may take months, but you will change and at that point, you will let nothing stand in the way of your health and happiness.

You will question if what you are doing is right because it all goes against popular belief, but just let the results speak for themselves and keep doing what you do best. Make the best choices for yourself and dont let anyone persuade you otherwise. Its easier to say I'm allergic, but one day you will stand tall and proud of the accomplishments you have made with the help of meat and you will be honest and wont think twice of telling people what you eat. It took me about 6 months to get to that point the first time, but Im so glad to have experienced the freedom, because now thats all I want back.

I realize that what Im talking about is deeper than a quick weight loss diet, and by all means ignore me. I never expected to be cured in so many ways and I just feel the need to share it.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:01 AM   #219
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
mmmmmmm........eggs with chipotle southwest sauce..........must find a recipe to fake that ........
can you add, chipotle, garlic and onion powder to some hot sauce, maybe water it down a smidge??

Hey El Clummo, if you find one do share!!

i used chipotle on some leftover turkey yesterday. It's not hot but has that yummy smoky flavor, if someone out there never had it.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:03 AM   #220
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat430 View Post
Down another pound this morning! I am so excited. Worked out yesterday and thought I was going to die but afterward I was so happy I did it. The second week on this program is going to be tough. I would really like to see the 130's by the end of next week, darn it all.
CAT - you are doing great! I'd love to hear what the gyro spices are.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:13 AM   #221
Blabbermouth!!!

So since Im on a meat high, I'll just tell you ladies now that its gonna be a fatty day and Im drooling at the thought. I have a nice 4" prime rib slab thawed, thats gettin thrown on that grill today. I may share with hubby. I may not. lol...

So, for anyone whose QWL'd for a while, just a reminder, if you are feeling fatigue, cranky, nausea, cold, foot cramps, uncontrollable desire for carbs, the feeling that you are going crazy.... just have a few chicken legs, a couple strips of bacon, or a ribeye. (NOT ALL AT ONCE- LOL) and you may just be shocked that you still lose 4 pounds this week.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:07 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Yeah! What CC said. Thats what I was getting at!!!

and I'd like to add to what people think of our food choices....the skeptical friends or family out there and how some of us will respond to them eventually....
For anyone that decides to continue on the meat path, (for some,even after you get to goal), you amazingly will feel so great. Inside and out. Im talking physically and emotionally. It wont happen in a week, it may take months, but you will change and at that point, you will let nothing stand in the way of your health and happiness.

You will question if what you are doing is right because it all goes against popular belief, but just let the results speak for themselves and keep doing what you do best. Make the best choices for yourself and dont let anyone persuade you otherwise. Its easier to say I'm allergic, but one day you will stand tall and proud of the accomplishments you have made with the help of meat and you will be honest and wont think twice of telling people what you eat. It took me about 6 months to get to that point the first time, but Im so glad to have experienced the freedom, because now thats all I want back.

I realize that what Im talking about is deeper than a quick weight loss diet, and by all means ignore me. I never expected to be cured in so many ways and I just feel the need to share it.

It's more about learning the truth about food. Once you embrace the science and proven facts sbout why diets like paleo and LC are truly the way we were meant to eat, and seeing the results for tourself, it's a no brainer.

Again, for the newbies, I strongly reccomend this long but eye opening read.

What if It's All Been a Big Fat Lie? - The New York Times

Quote:
So since Im on a meat high, I'll just tell you ladies now that its gonna be a fatty day and Im drooling at the thought. I have a nice 4" prime rib slab thawed, thats gettin thrown on that grill today. I may share with hubby. I may not. lol...

So, for anyone whose QWL'd for a while, just a reminder, if you are feeling fatigue, cranky, nausea, cold, foot cramps, uncontrollable desire for carbs, the feeling that you are going crazy.... just have a few chicken legs, a couple strips of bacon, or a ribeye. (NOT ALL AT ONCE- LOL) and you may just be shocked that you still lose 4 pounds this week.
LOL had corned beef and a small wedge of cabbage....oh yeah, baby ate all of the fat too!!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:10 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Morning!

So I am still all salt logged I was really good yesterday and only lost .2 pounds which to me says I am still retaining water. I had an extra coffee yesterday and they put way too much cream in it and then I added some caesar salad dressing to my dinner chicken, I was soo tired all day and I was getting a little dizzy, not as bad as last week, anyways I think the fat helped!

Today is a fish day!
I made 4 tilapia fillets yesterday, and added a bit of fat to them.
I already had 2 for brakfast
Will have 2 for lunch with the other half of my diet Dr Pepper from yesterday
Dinner: ??? more fish?
Old 04-05-2011, 07:10 AM   #224
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Yay on the loss Cat!! And my excuse is always i've a tummy bug!!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:11 AM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

this seems to be the sauce basis of most out there, it's really a chipotle mayo.

Chipotle Southwest Sauce
1 Quart mayonnaise
2 Ounces Dijon mustard
2 Ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
4 Ounces chipotle in adobo, pureed
1 Ounce fresh garlic, minced
To taste salt

reduce by a fourth or whatever, don't know why you'd want a quart of the stuff unless doing a large party.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:11 AM   #226
Big Yapper!!!!

Akal-stunning is not the word!! You are a model!!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:13 AM   #227
Big Yapper!!!!

Yup-control is the best part!! Well the weigh-loss obviously! But I'm with ya on the control, Al!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:15 AM   #228
Big Yapper!!!!

Al, what a post!! You go girl! And thank you!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:17 AM   #229
Big Yapper!!!!

I really have to start thinking about adding spices and stuff-i'm afraid mustard is about all i do for any kind of sauces!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:10 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momtocj7mea
Stats: 282/179/162
WOE: Paleo/Primal..whole foods FTW!
Start Date: 11/30/11
Everyone is doing great!!! I didn't lose anything last week, but I didn't gain either!! And considering I was a not so good girl over the weekend I think that is awesome. I won't go into details but it involved a trip to the Cheesecake Factory----combine that with TOM and I'm doomed, LOL. So we will see what next weeks weigh in brings. Scale is stuck at 182.8. I am also going to try eating a little more this week, I know my calories were way too low last week and I have to be careful as I have been down that road before and it took a long time to recover, so I don't want to go that way again.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:31 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
One of the best things (besides weight loss) about going meat only, for me, is getting all the control back. I think if you keep this up you'll start to enjoy eating again. You will sit down to that grilled chicken or steak, and savor every bite like it was the greastest meal ever prepared. dont think that'll ever happen with a can of tuna though . Also, with meat,even if it tastes extra good that day and we have more than we think we should, it doesnt make a bit of differnence on the scale the next day. Thats the power of meat.

So AKAGAL, you can totally get through these events! Theres gotta be some chicken, theres gotta be some beef involved, right? Go at it. Even if its legs or thighs, or roast. At that point dont worry about the fat. As long as its coming from meat! and if its a pasta event, darn it, make a request! These days are set up in your honor, so you should get what you want!
Al-

This is good advice. I am being over the top about nothing.
It will all be fine. I found out they are having fajitas at my bridal shower, so thats easy, No worry
Old 04-05-2011, 08:36 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Down another 1 lb today.

I am hoping to implement some low fat fish into the picture but I want to hold off on that, until I am ready to rotate, i want to keep eating the same things until I am sick of it and then rotate, and then rotate again

In the stillman book it says that is a great way to avoid getting bored.

Beef one week, chicken the next, turkey the next, etc etc
that is working well for me.....

I found this stuff called Splenda-Flavors for coffee and I put it in my coffee instead of creamer, and its very good. Adds more taste but no cream/sugar, Nada.

I feel like once I hit 10lbs lost then I can feel like I am really officially a Big Loser
Old 04-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

I am so hungry, I always find I am hungriest on fish days, I have gone for a couple walks and am pounding back the water like crazy and its not helping. I want to wait until noon to eat my lunch because then I don't eat agin til I get home from the dog park at about 7.

I have some 2 carb protein bars that I am debating snacking on, but I don't know if I should or not or maybe I should just have a coffee, ideas?
Old 04-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momtocj7mea
Stats: 282/179/162
WOE: Paleo/Primal..whole foods FTW!
Start Date: 11/30/11
Having my turkey chops seasoned with chili lime seasoning for lunch and they are actually very good!! I fried them in a little Smart Balance cooking spray and periodically spritzed chicken broth over them to keep them from drying out. That is a tip I learned when I tried the Mcdougall plan a while ago.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:54 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I am so hungry, I always find I am hungriest on fish days, I have gone for a couple walks and am pounding back the water like crazy and its not helping. I want to wait until noon to eat my lunch because then I don't eat agin til I get home from the dog park at about 7.

I have some 2 carb protein bars that I am debating snacking on, but I don't know if I should or not or maybe I should just have a coffee, ideas?
can you eat some more meat, of perhaps, another kind which may fill you up today?
Old 04-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
can you eat some more meat, of perhaps, another kind which may fill you up today?
Its hard because I am at work and all there is here is cafeteria food, I caved and got a coffee with milk instead of cream,which i normally get, in hopes that the extra carbs would satiate me, so far its working but I guess my no cheat april is out the window now haha.

I find it funny that back in the day, a tub of ice cream was a cheat and now my cheats are a tbsp of PB or 2 tbsp of cream or milk in my coffee, I like it, I can live with cheats like this, I could also live with the ice cream but then I couldn't leave the house because my pants didn't fit so maybe I couldn't haha
Old 04-05-2011, 10:15 AM   #237
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
Everyone is doing great!!! I didn't lose anything last week, but I didn't gain either!! And considering I was a not so good girl over the weekend I think that is awesome. I won't go into details but it involved a trip to the Cheesecake Factory----combine that with TOM and I'm doomed, LOL. So we will see what next weeks weigh in brings. Scale is stuck at 182.8. I am also going to try eating a little more this week, I know my calories were way too low last week and I have to be careful as I have been down that road before and it took a long time to recover, so I don't want to go that way again.
Mmmmmm the Cheesecake Factory----sounds good!!!! We don't have it-thankfully, probably!! I heard-as in read on LCF that they have a lc one! Yay on keeping your weight the same though!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #238
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Down another 1 lb today.

I am hoping to implement some low fat fish into the picture but I want to hold off on that, until I am ready to rotate, i want to keep eating the same things until I am sick of it and then rotate, and then rotate again

In the stillman book it says that is a great way to avoid getting bored.

Beef one week, chicken the next, turkey the next, etc etc
that is working well for me.....

I found this stuff called Splenda-Flavors for coffee and I put it in my coffee instead of creamer, and its very good. Adds more taste but no cream/sugar, Nada.

I feel like once I hit 10lbs lost then I can feel like I am really officially a Big Loser
Yay on another pound gone!!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:19 AM   #239
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Sitting here hungry too!! Gonna have dins soon though!
I would try and stay away from the bars-I dunno about you but they just give me cravings, cos they always taste like (bad!) chocolate! Also they kick me out of ketosis! The only time I use them is travelling, on the plane.
Is there anything else you could eat? I think you're gonna have to do as Al and buy the tuna pouches and keep them in your drawer!!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #240
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Its hard because I am at work and all there is here is cafeteria food, I caved and got a coffee with milk instead of cream,which i normally get, in hopes that the extra carbs would satiate me, so far its working but I guess my no cheat april is out the window now haha.

I find it funny that back in the day, a tub of ice cream was a cheat and now my cheats are a tbsp of PB or 2 tbsp of cream or milk in my coffee, I like it, I can live with cheats like this, I could also live with the ice cream but then I couldn't leave the house because my pants didn't fit so maybe I couldn't haha
Is there a salad bar? Maybe you could get some chopped up chicken or even a few slices of ham-ok it has salt, but still. Even just eat a small plate of salad veg, lettuce and some cukes. I think that would be better than the protein bars.
I'm with you on the cheats! It's sooo funny! I do eat salad veg on Stills so for me thats not cheating-but at home when I ate a banana and a small bowl of oatmeal, i was thinking I' cheating!! But I mean come on, a poor old banana is a cheat!! i even think I'm cheating if I eat a strawberry!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 04-05-2011 at 10:25 AM..
Closed Thread