Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 04:31 PM   #1261
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
I'm at the same weight and it's driving me crazy. Hopefully it starts going down. Tomorrow starts a new month and I always try to be good then. It's something about the 1st being a fresh restart.
Oh, I totally hear you on that! I was stuck for like 2 weeks (of course, it was because I had a cheat one day and then was eating lowcarb, but not Stillman's), and it was soooo frustrating. I'm finally losing again, and you will too! Just stick with it and you'll do great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hey Everyone!!! I missed you so!! Hope all is well and everyone's losin! Life has been insane, but I hope to catch up on the happenings tomorrow!!!
Welcome back!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #1262
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stillman's_Chick
Stats: 210.2/190/150
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: April 27, 2011
Does anyone incorporate a "cheat day" once or twice a month where you purposefully up your fat and carbs, essentially kicking yourself out of ketosis for a moment? I'm concerned about my metabolism slowing down on this low carb/low fat/low calorie WOE and have been doing some research.

A lot of fitness guru's recommend having what they call a refeed day every so often on a ketogenic eating plan to help regulate hormones like leptin which regulate fat loss and metabolism. Apparently the more you have to lose the less often you should do it, but supposedly it's necessary to keep your metabolism fired up to it's highest potential. I suppose it works off the same premise as carb cycling which is to keep your body guessing.

Has anyone done it while on Stillman's? When I'm on an eating plan I'm very strict so I wouldn't have a problem adding fat and carbs (fatty meat, a bit of cheese with fruit and veg) for a day then going back to Stillman's for another stretch.

I'm just really wondering if this works with a plan like Stillman's or if it would just be better to not deviate at all while also not suffering a metabolism slow down. Any opinions are appreciated.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #1263
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
Stillman's_Chick- I do this all the time and I still lost 10 pounds this month. If i were to have no cheats then i would lose more. My cheats are carbs from nuts and fruit. I am not adding in bread, rice or potatoes!
Old 04-30-2011, 07:40 PM   #1264
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Hey guys
I'm in california , I'm on vacation and having a hard time with the food

My group of friends are not supporting my diet and making me feel like a huge hassle

This was a bad idea

I have a lot of anxiety and my stomach is upset from butter , oils and whatever is in this restaurant food

I am extremely unhappy because I asked on advance for patience and understanding , I'm getting none

This is awful

I can't work out or anything
This was supposed to be my trip , it's not
Old 04-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #1265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Amélie
Re: refeeds, I'm thinking of doing this. Two weeks strict then a refeed for a day (just higher carb, but not gonna go crazy with breads, pasta, rice, etc), then another two weeks of strict Stillman, then a refeed again. Will this work? Or do the refeeds need to be several days?
Old 04-30-2011, 09:20 PM   #1266
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Hey guys

My group of friends are not supporting my diet and making me feel like a huge hassle

This was a bad idea

I have a lot of anxiety and my stomach is upset from butter , oils and whatever is in this restaurant food

I am extremely unhappy because I asked on advance for patience and understanding , I'm getting none

This is awful

Oh, that STINKS! I'm sorry your friends aren't being supportive. They probably don't mean to not be supportive, they just don't get it. I hope you feel better and are able to enjoy the rest of your vacation.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:06 AM   #1267
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymama View Post
Oh, that STINKS! I'm sorry your friends aren't being supportive. They probably don't mean to not be supportive, they just don't get it. I hope you feel better and are able to enjoy the rest of your vacation.
This sums it up perfect, Tanya!!! How are you makin out with the drinks??

New thread is up peeps! May is the month for MEAT!!!!
Old 05-01-2011, 08:57 AM   #1268
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Stillman's_Chick- I do this all the time and I still lost 10 pounds this month. If i were to have no cheats then i would lose more. My cheats are carbs from nuts and fruit. I am not adding in bread, rice or potatoes!
When you say you do it "all the time" how often are we talking? I'm not looking to sneak in small portions every couple of days but rather structure it where I take a period of maybe 4 hours every two weeks to eat off plan and then immediately return to Stillman's the next day.

That's good that you lost 10 with lots of cheats!

Quote:
Hey guys

This was a bad idea

This is awful

I feel so bad for you. It's hard to be around people who don't understand your goals and what you're working for. Friends and family mean well but they have a tendency to help us sabotage our plans. As soon as you get back buck up and get right back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
Re: refeeds, I'm thinking of doing this. Two weeks strict then a refeed for a day (just higher carb, but not gonna go crazy with breads, pasta, rice, etc), then another two weeks of strict Stillman, then a refeed again. Will this work? Or do the refeeds need to be several days?
This is what I'm thinking of doing as well. You want to be experiment buddies?

I started Stillman's on Wednesday so my first refeed wouldn't be until the 11th. I'm thinking about going higher fat and carbs but keep it down to a 4 hour window of eating for the whole day, sort of like intermittent fasting. So I'd eat off plan but only from 2pm-6pm that day then right back to Stillman's on Thursday morning for another 14 days.

I'm going to try it for this month and see what kinds of results it yields.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:15 AM   #1269
Junior LCF Member

Oh and almost forgot...I hoped on the scale this morning and it registered 203.6.

I was 210.2 on Wednesday morning so that's 6.6 pounds in the last 4 days. I'm happy with that and clearly my body isn't playing tricks on me by feeling lighter and smaller. The scale has once again been put away. I'll take it out and weigh again on the 11th right before I have my refeed and then again two weeks later before my second refeed. I've decided to do it this way so I can record the changes that take places between each planned "cheat". I definitely will NOT be weighing the day after the refeed because I know the scale will bump up a few pounds from water weight gain.

Hopefully the end result is that my system gets shocked enough to keep the fat loss going and a good and steady pace.

Congrats on wrapping up the month of April....now it's on to May!
Old 05-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #1270
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
This sums it up perfect, Tanya!!! How are you makin out with the drinks??

New thread is up peeps! May is the month for MEAT!!!!
Drinks are what the issue is , they r pressuring me to drink and making me feel guilty and like a spoilsport for saying no
Even though I said in advance that I would not drink heavy due to my wedding dress fitting in 8 days

Im still annoyed and frustrated , and I think people hate to see you stick to your guns because it makes them feel slothlike or weak or fat or whatever
If I cheat, they feel better
If I lose my focus they are relieved
I had two drinks this weekend and did not enjoy either cause all I could I imagine was my weight loss being reversed with every sip, I drank a 1/2 glass champagne one night . It was not good at all and then I had a vodka/water the second night , which was also nothing special

My only saving grace is that I dd not step out of line on my diet with food , not once and this was annoying at restaurants because I was laughed at by my friends and met with sighs and eye rolls when I tried to modify the items and ask for no oil/butter or at least less! It was a very high anxiety situation for me , and it didn't have to be . My fish dinner last night def had a ton of oil, I could see it floating , I was not happy but had to just pretend
Even my sister was acting so put out and beyond exasperated ( keep in mind she is 100 lbs, size 0 and never diets or exercises )

If a friend of mine came to see me and called me in advance and Asked for understanding on her diet, I would do all I could plus not make jokes about her or tempt her or egg her on

I am eager to return home , and of course face the scale , and then look ahead into the future
I have Lost faith in some people and I feel my sister betrayed meb

I am unhappy and I hate California
Old 05-01-2011, 10:47 AM   #1271
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Drinks are what the issue is , they r pressuring me to drink and making me feel guilty and like a spoilsport for saying no
Even though I said in advance that I would not drink heavy due to my wedding dress fitting in 8 days

Im still annoyed and frustrated , and I think people hate to see you stick to your guns because it makes them feel slothlike or weak or fat or whatever
I had two drinks this weekend and did not enjoy either cause all I could I imagine was my weight loss being reversed with every sip, I drank a 1/2 glass champagne one night . It was not good at all and then I had a vodka/water the second night , which was also nothing special

My only saving grace is that I dd not step out of line on my diet with food , not once and this was annoying at restaurants because I was laughed at by my friends and met with sighs and eye rolls when I tried to modify the items and ask for no oil/butter or at least less! It was a very high anxiety situation for me , and it didn't have to be . My fish dinner last night def had a ton of oil, I could see it floating , I was not happy but had to just pretend
Even my sister was acting so put out and beyond exasperated ( keep in mind she is 100 lbs, size 0 and never diets or exercises )

If a friend of mine came to see me and called me in advance and Asked for understanding on her diet, I would do all I could plus not make jokes about her or tempt her or egg her on

I am eager to return home , and of course face the scale , and then look ahead into the future

Awww....cheer up. It's not as bad as it seems. The few sips of alcohol aren't going to totally undo all the progress you've made in the last month. Even if the scale is up a pound or two the saving grace is that within a few days of being back on plan perfectly you'll lose those pounds plus a few more with them. Keep your chin up and try to enjoy your time. Your wedding is fast approaching and you should be happy!
Old 05-01-2011, 10:58 AM   #1272
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillman's_Chick View Post
Awww....cheer up. It's not as bad as it seems. The few sips of alcohol aren't going to totally undo all the progress you've made in the last month. Even if the scale is up a pound or two the saving grace is that within a few days of being back on plan perfectly you'll lose those pounds plus a few more with them. Keep your chin up and try to enjoy your time. Your wedding is fast approaching and you should be happy!
You don't know That for sure

I don't need to be coddled or cheered up

I just need to go home and focus on myself and not anyone else

All anyone cares about if themselves and I'm just going to go back to that way of thinking
Old 05-01-2011, 03:14 PM   #1273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi peeps! Just caught up on your posts now-well I only skim read some-sorry. No way did ye offend-never. I'm sorry ye think that. Thank you for the support. You guys talk a lot of sense! I've just been really busy with work and Mum's here with me. It's 12:50 here so I'm literally falling asleep in bed. I'll respond tomorrow. I just wanted to know if CC got up to watch the wedding!! I watched it-well between classes! And then the highlights later. Thought Catherine looked lovely, and Pippa, oh and Beatrice! The dress so did not look like McQueen!!! It's very like Grace Kelly's wedding dress. And as always Harry had the glint in his eyes!!!
Ok my eyes are literally closing! Nite nite!!
O girl you know it! up at five a.m. and still watching reruns!
Quote:
The night owl is checking in lol..

I stayed on plan today. I had BBQ salmon, veggies and salad. I'm in love with salmon! I still have some leftovers so I'll probaly have it again tommorrow . I am sick of chicken now.
you go girl!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymama View Post
Great job! I wish I could love salmon, but it just doesn't do it for me. I eat it and like it ok, but I would choose chicken if I had a choice. I just bought some frozen Mahi Mahi at Costco, so I need to grill some of that up. Does anyone here have a George Foreman grill? I used to many years ago, but I eliminated all of my non-stick cookware, the grill included. Now I'm wishing I had it again because I'm getting tired of firing up the propane grill every time I want a burger or something.

I'm down another pound today, so I've officially lost the 10 pounds I gained this year. Now I just have to stay on track and lose the remaining 40 or so. :blush: I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
SWEEEEEEET!
Quote:
Hi ladies. Good job butterfly and everybody else who's going down on the weight scale. I think I'm in ketosis because my desire for food is little to none and I've been peeing like crazy! I definitely feel smaller and lighter. I think I just might hop on the scale in the morning to see where I am and then put it away for the month of May....hey I rhymed! lol

I'll be more than pleased if I can lose the Stillman standard of 5 pounds per week for the 4 weeks in May. If that's the case then whatever I've lost so far in April will just be gravy.

I'm just glad to have my energy back and can't wait for my trampoline to get here so I can bounce up a storm. What do you ladies do for exercise?
drink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
Hi I'm back!!!

I intend to do strict Stillman for three months. I hope it makes me lose 30 pounds at least.
you can!
Quote:
Hey Everyone!!! I missed you so!! Hope all is well and everyone's losin! Life has been insane, but I hope to catch up on the happenings tomorrow!!!
(singing) 'I was born this way" always thinking of you when I hear our girl!
Quote:
Hey guys

This was a bad idea

This is awful

SUXX some friends huh!
Quote:
Oh and almost forgot...I hoped on the scale this morning and it registered 203.6.

I was 210.2 on Wednesday morning so that's 6.6 pounds in the last 4 days. I'm happy with that and clearly my body isn't playing tricks on me by feeling lighter and smaller. The scale has once again been put away. I'll take it out and weigh again on the 11th right before I have my refeed and then again two weeks later before my second refeed. I've decided to do it this way so I can record the changes that take places between each planned "cheat". I definitely will NOT be weighing the day after the refeed because I know the scale will bump up a few pounds from water weight gain.

Hopefully the end result is that my system gets shocked enough to keep the fat loss going and a good and steady pace.

Congrats on wrapping up the month of April....now it's on to May!
way to go!!!!!1
Quote:

don't hate Cali, but question your friends' motives........maybe they think you need to loosen up???????
Quote:
You don't know That for sure

I don't need to be coddled or cheered up

I just need to go home and focus on myself and not anyone else

All anyone cares about if themselves and I'm just going to go back to that way of thinking
don't sink to their level....hang in there, be yourself and tell 'em like it is...'you're not being the spportive friend I need you to be right now'

seeya on the May thread!
Old 05-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #1274
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
This is what I'm thinking of doing as well. You want to be experiment buddies?

I started Stillman's on Wednesday so my first refeed wouldn't be until the 11th. I'm thinking about going higher fat and carbs but keep it down to a 4 hour window of eating for the whole day, sort of like intermittent fasting. So I'd eat off plan but only from 2pm-6pm that day then right back to Stillman's on Thursday morning for another 14 days.

I'm going to try it for this month and see what kinds of results it yields.
Sure, let's do it!!!
Old 05-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #1275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks CCGirl!!
Closed Thread