Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 09:46 AM   #1231
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Hi ladies! I haven't been around for a little while, and I had several days of eating Atkins style instead of Stillman's. As a result, the scale absolutely hasn't moved. I have been stuck at 186 for weeks. I'm back on track with Stillman's this week and have been keeping calories low. Yesterday I ate 1 lean hamburger patty, 1 small can of tuna, 1 skim string cheese, and 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese (organic, no weird additives or huge amount of sodium). I've been doing an hour of intense yoga 3 times a week. Still, the scale is stuck and my clothes are still too tight. I'm going to stick with Stillman's and hope that I start seeing more of a loss. I've only lost 8 pounds in 2 months, and I'm assuming that much of that was the initial water weight, but I'm trying not to get super discouraged. I hope everyone else is having a good week!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #1232
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stillman's_Chick
Stats: 210.2/190/150
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: April 27, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
HI there
I have a question for you. why are you doing it completely scale free?
I think seeing the scale and the results every now and then, is a big part of the motivation to stay strong.
I am just curious as to how , not getting on the scale is part of your program. How will that be a help/motivator for you ?

I've always had issue with the scale and tend to react based on the numbers I see on it....if it goes down I rationalize that I can sneak a mouth full of something here and there and it shouldn't hurt too much, and if it goes up even slightly from one day to the next I get discouraged and want to go off plan. I know everyone doesn't have this problem but I do so I act accordingly.

When I buckle down and focus on the eating plan and ignore the scale I always do great because I'm not psychologically affected by what it says. I find that using the way my clothes fit and the way my body looks and feels to monitor my progress works much better for me.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #1233
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillman's_Chick View Post
I've always had issue with the scale and tend to react based on the numbers I see on it....if it goes down I rationalize that I can sneak a mouth full of something here and there and it shouldn't hurt too much, and if it goes up even slightly from one day to the next I get discouraged and want to go off plan. I know everyone doesn't have this problem but I do so I act accordingly.

When I buckle down and focus on the eating plan and ignore the scale I always do great because I'm not psychologically affected by what it says. I find that using the way my clothes fit and the way my body looks and feels to monitor my progress works much better for me.
Hey,
ok I get it!
I was curious, but that sounds like a great plan
I know I am the opposite. On days when I started Stillman and literally felt like I couldnt take it anymore, I would weigh in see the huge loss, and just get a second wind of energy and excitement. Also weighing in helped me make sure I was taking in the wrong foods or slipping in too much fat. Kind of keeping me honest.

I have always heard that people who have issues with the scale should stay OFF and go by the way their clothes fit.
I understand your strategy 100%
Old 04-28-2011, 10:03 AM   #1234
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymama View Post
Hi ladies! I haven't been around for a little while, and I had several days of eating Atkins style instead of Stillman's. As a result, the scale absolutely hasn't moved. I have been stuck at 186 for weeks. I'm back on track with Stillman's this week and have been keeping calories low. Yesterday I ate 1 lean hamburger patty, 1 small can of tuna, 1 skim string cheese, and 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese (organic, no weird additives or huge amount of sodium). I've been doing an hour of intense yoga 3 times a week. Still, the scale is stuck and my clothes are still too tight. I'm going to stick with Stillman's and hope that I start seeing more of a loss. I've only lost 8 pounds in 2 months, and I'm assuming that much of that was the initial water weight, but I'm trying not to get super discouraged. I hope everyone else is having a good week!

I think Atkins is a great way of eating for maintenance but for me it just doesn't work to take the pounds off in a meaningful way. Have you thought of cycling Stillman's with Atkins until you hit your goal?
Old 04-28-2011, 10:06 AM   #1235
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey,
ok I get it!
I know I am the opposite. On days when I started Stillman and literally felt like I couldnt take it anymore, I would weigh in see the huge loss, and just get a second wind of energy and excitement. Also weighing in helped me make sure I was taking in the wrong foods or slipping in too much fat. Kind of keeping me honest.

I have always heard that people who have issues with the scale should stay OFF and go by the way their clothes fit.
I am exactly the same way, Tanya. If I put the scale away, I can hide from reality. That's what gets me in trouble, big time. I'm not scale obsessed at all, but I do weigh myself every couple of days just to check in and see where I'm at. Unfortunately, the scale has been quite discouraging lately.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:09 AM   #1236
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey,
ok I get it!

Oh yes. It's crazy but true. It's so sad how we let numbers control our lives but until I learn to not let the scale affect my disposition I have to just let it be. I use it to document progress but not as motivation.

What I DO use to motivate me is my big black X's trick. I have a huge wall calendar that I use to track my daily progress. Every time I have a perfect eating day I use a black marker and put a big black X over that day. My goal is always to make the longest string of black X's that I can. It works for me and it's fun to see the line get longer and longer. I guess it's kind of my gold star like what you'd get from teacher back in the day. Silly I suppose but it works for me.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #1237
Junior LCF Member

Oh I forgot to mention that I bought a mini trampoline that I'm waiting to have delivered. I thought I'd try something different along the lines of working out so that will be my cardio for my summer challenge along with walking an hour about 3 times a week. I'm planning on bouncing about 60 minutes every day while I watch TV or listen to music. Anybody ever used on for fitness and fat loss?
Old 04-28-2011, 10:23 AM   #1238
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Oh yes. It's crazy but true. It's so sad how we let numbers control our lives but until I learn to not let the scale affect my disposition I have to just let it be. I use it to document progress but not as motivation.

What I DO use to motivate me is my big black X's trick. I have a huge wall calendar that I use to track my daily progress. Every time I have a perfect eating day I use a black marker and put a big black X over that day. My goal is always to make the longest string of black X's that I can. It works for me and it's fun to see the line get longer and longer. I guess it's kind of my gold star like what you'd get from teacher back in the day. Silly I suppose but it works for me.
I like the idea of the Black X, or the Gold star. I may try to implement that.

I understand what they are saying about the weight and the number on the scale, and normally I would agree. But on a plan like Stillmans that is so brutal and takes so much mental toughness to stay on, that number on the scale, actually matters a little more than it would , on say, a normal diet plan

I've never trusted going by how my clothes fit, because sizing is so random in different clothing. I have big sizes that run small and small sizes that run big. I know when I hit a certain weight, I look a certain way and I wear a certain size. I have to look at my scale to make sure I am staying in the ball park

It always seems like the moment I stop weighing in or kind of kick the scale under the bed, I start gaining.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #1239
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
No movement on the scale today but I was expecting it because I was good all day and then I got home at about 10pm and stuffed myself! It was all stillmans friendly so am not beating myself up about it but I was ravenous my body must have ben burning off the last of the carbs it had stored from my week off so I should start losing again tomorrow!

I just have to remember that its like starting again so I should be bringing extra meat then I was before the cheat so I don't make bad choices while at work.

Hope everyone is having a great day so far!
Old 04-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #1240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hi gals, I like the different scale theories.........I guess we all have a love hate relationship with ours.

Switched out the winter clothes for srping/summer........dozens of trips up and down the attic stairs lugging Rubbermaid storage toes up and down. My knees are killinn' me!

I think I might be leaning toward the Al theory of skipping breakfast.haven't had one this week, just hungry a little before noon. Kitties and I shared two pork chops for lunch.

GT pleasse tell me you were not offended by our remarks.......we are just trying to be supportive........

On a higher note I am washing tops and sweaters in super hot water and drying the piss out of them to shrink them.

Will the tornadoes never end in the south? Too sad.....
Old 04-28-2011, 05:12 PM   #1241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
I'm still 207 today. I had chicken leg 2 hotdogs and a beef burger, no bun and salad. I might go back for some more since I was out all day running errands, just cut the grass and still have to clean. I'm trying to finish everything today so I can start studying for my finals tomorrow.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #1242
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Good Evening,

I have been observing for a day now, just to see if GT was still out there...I really hope you are okay and not upset at any of the comments I made...If I offended you, I am truly sorry...I did not have that as my intention...
Old 04-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #1243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG GT please tell us we suck and it's NOMB..........and we all want to look like you too
Old 04-28-2011, 06:34 PM   #1244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ican WTG on your progress..........love it!

gT sweet dreams and yes I will be up at 4 am our time to see Catherine become a duchess
Old 04-29-2011, 03:51 AM   #1245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

anyone watching the wedding?
Old 04-29-2011, 05:16 AM   #1246
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Yes CC..Beautiful..What a wonderful start of the day..I'm so glad that I have the day off, because I have been up waiting for it...I guess I wasn't as impressed...Her dress was fine, but I really liked her sisters' dress better...Princess was and is beautiful, but sort of a boring wedding...JMHO...
Old 04-29-2011, 07:23 AM   #1247
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
Morning everyone!

I went eating crazy again at like 9 last night but I got my . this mroning so now I understand haha

Hope everyone has a great weekend, we are expecting 12-15 cm of snow and winds up to 70 km/hr
Old 04-29-2011, 10:37 AM   #1248
Senior LCF Member

Good morning, ladies! I'm amazed that so many people watched the wedding at 4:00 am! I would have checked it out if I had been awake, but I was not. The pictures today are pretty though!

I finally lost another pound, so I'm at 185 today. I ate 800 calories yesterday, plus did an hour of yoga and 20 minutes of walking. I'm on track today, so I'm hoping to see more loss this weekend. It's so frustrating to me that I have to keep my calories so low to lose, but it is what it is. I hope everyone is having a good Friday!
Old 04-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #1249
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Ican WTG on your progress..........love it!
Thanks but I won't be happy till I'm out of the 200s!! Only 7 pounds left. I was so hoping to be out by the end of the month! Boooo
Old 04-29-2011, 02:02 PM   #1250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ican and BFMama WTG!!!!!! You did good!

GT?????????????

missed the start of the wedding but started watching at 5:15 and watching highlights still!

And I KNEW for some reason the dress would be a McQueen!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 02:11 PM   #1251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YouTube - TheRoyalChannel's Channel
Old 04-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #1252
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps! Just caught up on your posts now-well I only skim read some-sorry. No way did ye offend-never. I'm sorry ye think that. Thank you for the support. You guys talk a lot of sense! I've just been really busy with work and Mum's here with me. It's 12:50 here so I'm literally falling asleep in bed. I'll respond tomorrow. I just wanted to know if CC got up to watch the wedding!! I watched it-well between classes! And then the highlights later. Thought Catherine looked lovely, and Pippa, oh and Beatrice! The dress so did not look like McQueen!!! It's very like Grace Kelly's wedding dress. And as always Harry had the glint in his eyes!!!
Ok my eyes are literally closing! Nite nite!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 04-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #1253
Senior LCF Member

The night owl is checking in lol..

I stayed on plan today. I had BBQ salmon, veggies and salad. I'm in love with salmon! I still have some leftovers so I'll probaly have it again tommorrow . I am sick of chicken now.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:03 AM   #1254
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
The night owl is checking in lol..

I stayed on plan today. I had BBQ salmon, veggies and salad. I'm in love with salmon! I still have some leftovers so I'll probaly have it again tommorrow . I am sick of chicken now.
Great job! I wish I could love salmon, but it just doesn't do it for me. I eat it and like it ok, but I would choose chicken if I had a choice. I just bought some frozen Mahi Mahi at Costco, so I need to grill some of that up. Does anyone here have a George Foreman grill? I used to many years ago, but I eliminated all of my non-stick cookware, the grill included. Now I'm wishing I had it again because I'm getting tired of firing up the propane grill every time I want a burger or something.

I'm down another pound today, so I've officially lost the 10 pounds I gained this year. Now I just have to stay on track and lose the remaining 40 or so. :blush: I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 04-30-2011, 08:41 AM   #1255
Junior LCF Member

Hi ladies. Good job butterfly and everybody else who's going down on the weight scale. I think I'm in ketosis because my desire for food is little to none and I've been peeing like crazy! I definitely feel smaller and lighter. I think I just might hop on the scale in the morning to see where I am and then put it away for the month of May....hey I rhymed! lol

I'll be more than pleased if I can lose the Stillman standard of 5 pounds per week for the 4 weeks in May. If that's the case then whatever I've lost so far in April will just be gravy.

I'm just glad to have my energy back and can't wait for my trampoline to get here so I can bounce up a storm. What do you ladies do for exercise?
Old 04-30-2011, 08:55 AM   #1256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Amélie
Hi I'm back!!!

I intend to do strict Stillman for three months. I hope it makes me lose 30 pounds at least.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:41 AM   #1257
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi ladies. Good job butterfly and everybody else who's going down on the weight scale. I think I'm in ketosis because my desire for food is little to none and I've been peeing like crazy! I definitely feel smaller and lighter. I think I just might hop on the scale in the morning to see where I am and then put it away for the month of May....hey I rhymed! lol

I'll be more than pleased if I can lose the Stillman standard of 5 pounds per week for the 4 weeks in May. If that's the case then whatever I've lost so far in April will just be gravy.

I'm just glad to have my energy back and can't wait for my trampoline to get here so I can bounce up a storm. What do you ladies do for exercise?
Awesome, SC! The energy burst, plus feeling smaller and lighter is a fantastic sign! I bet you'll be pleased when you step on the scale.

Amelie, welcome back! You can do it, and I'll be right here along with you! If I can lose 10 pounds a month, I will be soooooo much more comfortable in 3 months. I have a whole wardrobe of sizes 6-10 (from years ago, pre-insane vanity sizing) that I'm dying to wear again. Of course, it is probably all out of style now. If I can lose MORE than 10 per month, I will be super happy. I'm just a slow loser, so I don't want to set myself up to fail. We will succeed!
Old 04-30-2011, 12:38 PM   #1258
Junior LCF Member

I really hope so butterfly! After the first dramatic drop on the scale I too am looking forward to about a 10-12 pound loss a month for the next 3 or so months. I think that's a safe, reasonable and sustainable goal with a low carb eating plan plus daily exercise. Good luck to us all and I'm looking forward to seeing the May thread!
Old 04-30-2011, 02:22 PM   #1259
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hey Everyone!!! I missed you so!! Hope all is well and everyone's losin! Life has been insane, but I hope to catch up on the happenings tomorrow!!!
Old 04-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #1260
Senior LCF Member

I'm at the same weight and it's driving me crazy. Hopefully it starts going down. Tomorrow starts a new month and I always try to be good then. It's something about the 1st being a fresh restart.
Closed Thread