Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 05:43 AM   #1171
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillman's_Chick View Post
I'm giving myself 6 months to get this 55-60 pounds off and hopefully Stillman's will give me a good head start.
With that name, you cant go wrong!!! I say you can do it in 4 months with QWL!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2011, 05:46 AM   #1172
Blabbermouth!!!

Tanya- we are really lucky to have you here, girl!! Who woulda thunk Stillmans could be fun?? I love that your getting results and able to enjoy your menus too!!! It totally beats me urging everyone to eat a can of plain tuna.. LOL.. Thank you so much!!

Size 4!!!! You rock!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:54 AM   #1173
Blabbermouth!!!

So....yesterday I had 6 eggs, 2 chicken breasts, and some ground turkey (apprx. a cup)

Still wanna try that egg,tuna, mustard mix...
Old 04-26-2011, 05:55 AM   #1174
Blabbermouth!!!

has anyone heard the til the world ends remix? britney,nicki, ke$ha rock!!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:21 AM   #1175
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I never knew Stills allowed mozzerella-i loooove the stuff but it is really high in fat and cals---but hey if he says it's ok!!!!! I'm reckoning the mozz sticks are not the breaded ones in McDees tho!!!!
I wonder do we have the weird fake cheese seasoning-that would be handy! And I just bought a packet of sugar free strawberry jello yesterday, was gonna have it with low fat natural yoghurt (i do eat yoghurt from time to time)
WTG on the size 4pants!!!
GT, Stillmans allows any cheese that is make with skim milk, so according to my stillmans research and my NEW cookbook, thats Mozzerella, Ricotta and Parmesan .And I eat all three in small portion ( and of course cottage cheese).

I eat the string cheese, I know I said cheese sticks so it made it sound like something else. But Its just the skim milk cheese sticks from the grocery store, they are great snacks in a pinch and I dont have more than 2 per day. They are about 2g fat each, and the calorie count is super low, maybe 1 carb?
So I am not sure what you mean by high in fat? Maybe we are getting our communication mixed up.

-Tanya

Last edited by akagal20; 04-26-2011 at 06:39 AM..
Old 04-26-2011, 06:29 AM   #1176
Senior LCF Member

Flavor Sprinkles! Flavor Sprinkles!

Ok that brand I buy is called Molly McButter Natural Flavor Sprinkles.

They have bazillion flavors and they are all fat free,sugar free,cholesterol free, you name it, its free!

I have the Butter flavor and the Cheese flavor.

Each "sprinkle" is 5 calories, but a little goes a long way. ( especially for us Stills followers)

I notice the store brand is cheaper and is exactly the same, so I am going to move over to GENERIC!!

I think everyone should buy flavor sprinkles and tell me how great their life is ( ha ha!)
Old 04-26-2011, 06:35 AM   #1177
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
So....yesterday I had 6 eggs, 2 chicken breasts, and some ground turkey (apprx. a cup)

Still wanna try that egg,tuna, mustard mix...
AL

The tuna, egg, mustard mix is what I eat nearly every day for lunch.
I am having trouble eating it now, so thats why I am doing lemon pepper for a few days to clear my head!
When I go to LA this weekend for my "bachelorette" trip, I will prob be eating more tuna ( as a snack). My only cheat this weekend will be drinks. I plan to eat on stillmans, I have my wedding dress fitting in a few weeks, so I have to be really careful right now.

However, the tuna & egg mix is my lifeline

Last edited by akagal20; 04-26-2011 at 06:48 AM..
Old 04-26-2011, 07:12 AM   #1178
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
Hey everyone!

I am back after my week off and down 3 pounds since yesterday!

I forgot my glasses today so I can't even catch up on all the posts I missed, have a great day and I will be back tomorrow when I have my glasses and hopefully I can catch up on all I missed, there seems to be alot!
Old 04-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #1179
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Good Afternoon All,

Yay ICDI!!!You are doing a remarkable job and if you are able to lose with a modified plan, that bodes well for your max carb amount possible daily when you get down to your ideal weight..WTG!!!
Becky-I only respond in earnest to those who need the most support at times and I missed your posts..When I was a "lurker', your posts were very encouraging for me... Regardless of your struggles that you spoke of, you endured and continued on your mission..It is always good that people hold themselves accountable for any decision they make in life and your observation of sticking to it through using this forum is great..I use it that way as well..It is sooo easy to get wrapped up in the typical daily grind..I know it does for me, which is why I try to jump in and at least read what people have been having success with or set backs with to calibrate myself accordingly..Like today when AkaGal talked about the three additional cheeses that she found are allowable on the Stillman lifestyle change according to his rules..Because of his rules, I have never taken parmesan out of my diet..I guess because of my research before beginning, I new that certain ingredients could be used that were not apart of the original plan, but because they meet the criteria, they are fair game..I value your observations and am happy that you are commenting again on your progress..
Al-tuna,egg,parm,seasoning and mustard is great..I usually take a large can of chicken of the sea and put it in tubberware with all the other ingredients..Perhaps two large cans and three eggs pre-mixed lasts about 2 days..Good for a snack..We pretty much ate the same thing yesterday but I didn't have eggs..Chicken breast strips for B,L, and D..(With mustard)..More of the same today...
GT-You are doing a good job with the maintaining of your weight for this length of time..When you are ready to go down even further (even though technically you are at a good weight for your height)you will..You are such a beautiful person on thread that you visual apperance is just icing on the cake..BTW, my grandmother is from Wales and she would always, put cream or milk in her tea and coffee..I guess this is why it was hard for me to break the habit, but I did those weeks ago when I started stillman's and I added some last week to my tea and it tasted weird..I guess I don't miss it...
AkaGal-I will certainly be getting that Molly McButter..When I was larger and not doing any kind of lower carbs, I use to sprinkle this on my popcorn and baked potatoes...I haven't had either in sometime..I think,however, I'll pick this up next time I make groceries..You know, when I bake my chicken breasts or strips, I use the Pam flavored with butter with 0 carbs,0fat and it helps make it crispy with parm and other seasoings..Great with chicken strips...
Mar-Glad you returned and glad you got some of the weight off..Maybe if you add some if the things like salad to your weight loss, you won't feel so deprived everyday..Your weight loss might be slower, but at least you would be able to stick to plan and also continue to lose..Al brought this up a few days ago..Ultimately we will all have to stop at our ideal weight..We cannot continue to lose because that would be obviously unhealthy..To start adding a few things and continue to lose is certainly worth looking into...
Well, it is another frozen chicken strips day for me with mustard..Take care all..Have a pleasant day

Last edited by PsychDoc3; 04-26-2011 at 10:00 AM..
Old 04-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #1180
Senior LCF Member

I am eating a big plate of grilled chicken tenderloins for lunch today with my favorite diet Snapple tea
I cant believe in the old days I used to eat this tiny horrible salad with almost no toppings or dressing and I would be so hungry after

I am going to eat these tender chickies until no more can fit
Old 04-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #1181
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
Good Afternoon All,

Yay ICDI!!!You are doing a remarkable job and if you are able to lose with a modified plan, that bodes well for your max carb amount possible daily when you get down to your ideal weight..WTG!!!
Becky-I only respond in earnest to those who need the most support at times and I missed your posts..When I was a "lurker', your posts were very encouraging for me... Regardless of your struggles that you spoke of, you endured and continued on your mission..It is always good that people hold themselves accountable for any decision they make in life and your observation of sticking to it through using this forum is great..I use it that way as well..It is sooo easy to get wrapped up in the typical daily grind..I know it does for me, which is why I try to jump in and at least read what people have been having success with or set backs with to calibrate myself accordingly..Like today when AkaGal talked about the three additional cheeses that she found are allowable on the Stillman lifestyle change according to his rules..Because of his rules, I have never taken parmesan out of my diet..I guess because of my research before beginning, I new that certain ingredients could be used that were not apart of the original plan, but because they meet the criteria, they are fair game..I value your observations and am happy that you are commenting again on your progress..
Al-tuna,egg,parm,seasoning and mustard is great..I usually take a large can of chicken of the sea and put it in tubberware with all the other ingredients..Perhaps two large cans and three eggs pre-mixed lasts about 2 days..Good for a snack..We pretty much ate the same thing yesterday but I didn't have eggs..Chicken breast strips for B,L, and D..(With mustard)..More of the same today...
GT-You are doing a good job with the maintaining of your weight for this length of time..When you are ready to go down even further (even though technically you are at a good weight for your height)you will..You are such a beautiful person on thread that you visual apperance is just icing on the cake..BTW, my grandmother is from Wales and she would always, put cream or milk in her tea and coffee..I guess this is why it was hard for me to break the habit, but I did those weeks ago when I started stillman's and I added some last week to my tea and it tasted weird..I guess I don't miss it...
AkaGal-I will certainly be getting that Molly McButter..When I was larger and not doing any kind of lower carbs, I use to sprinkle this on my popcorn and baked potatoes...I haven't had either in sometime..I think,however, I'll pick this up next time I make groceries..You know, when I bake my chicken breasts or strips, I use the Pam flavored with butter with 0 carbs,0fat and it helps make it crispy with parm and other seasoings..Great with chicken strips...
Mar-Glad you returned and glad you got some of the weight off..Maybe if you add some if the things like salad to your weight loss, you won't feel so deprived everyday..Your weight loss might be slower, but at least you would be able to stick to plan and also continue to lose..Al brought this up a few days ago..Ultimately we will all have to stop at our ideal weight..We cannot continue to lose because that would be obviously unhealthy..To start adding a few things and continue to lose is certainly worth looking into...
Well, it is another frozen chicken strips day for me with mustard..Take care all..Have a pleasant day
Hey Doc!

Um yeah I would go INSANE if I didnt have my parmesan cheese! I don't see how some of you are able to manage with NO cheese at all..
I found this super ultra reduced fat kind too, and now that I have my cheese flavor sprinkles I can probably swap those in and out.
Parm gives the chicken and turkey a bit of crispy too it, like maybe its a crust ( haah hardly a crust, but you know what I mean!)

-T
Old 04-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #1182
Senior LCF Member

I never knew about this Land o Lakes Fat Free half & half! maybe I can afford a touch of this in my coffee sometimes in the morning. Right now, I put one tiny drop( half of TSP) of regular creamer every morning

This is interesting article, for those of us CREAM HEADS

This is what you get for 2 whole large TABLESPOONS, imagine if I just put a TSP

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 2 tbsp (30ml)

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 0Calories 20

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 30mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 3g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 2g
Protein 1g

http://www.cspinet.org/nah/04_08/creamed.pdf

Last edited by akagal20; 04-26-2011 at 10:47 AM..
Old 04-26-2011, 02:48 PM   #1183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cat430
Stats: 5'3ish 160/147.2/110
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart March 14 2011
I have sure missed reading all the great posts from everyone. I haven't been able to read much online at work since someone got in trouble and I get busy when I get home and never seem to get a chance to jump online. Maybe during lunch tomorrow I can pop on to read all I have missed! Not much ahas changed as far as my weight but my workouts are keeping me from spiraling out of control. I feel like I'm starving all the time and my lack of prep gives me the excuse to cheat. Every day is a new opportunity to make good choices. Have a great night.

151 .8 150 149 148 147 146 145 144 143 142 141 140 139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130 129 128 127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120 119 118 117 116 115 114 113 112 111 Goal 110
Old 04-26-2011, 02:49 PM   #1184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cat430
Stats: 5'3ish 160/147.2/110
Start Date: Restart March 14 2011
I have sure missed reading all the great posts from everyone. I haven't been able to read much online at work since someone got in trouble and I get busy when I get home and never seem to get a chance to jump online. Maybe during lunch tomorrow I can pop on to read all I have missed! Not much has changed as far as my weight but my workouts are keeping me from spiraling out of control. I feel like I'm starving all the time and my lack of prep gives me the excuse to cheat. Every day is a new opportunity to make good choices. Have a great night.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:25 PM   #1185
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stillman's_Chick
Stats: 210.2/190/150
Start Date: April 27, 2011
Quote:
With that name, you cant go wrong!!! I say you can do it in 4 months with QWL!!

LOL. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this name works wonders for me as well as the eating plan. Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. You're such a spirited group and I can see that the pounds are falling off like crazy. Can't wait to report my own results but I'm thinking about not weighing at all for the first month and just sticking to the eating plan and exercise.

Also, if anyone knows is it safe to go straight with Stillman's till goal or is it better to rotate it with another eating plan every couple of weeks?

I don't have the book but I've seen people say not to stay on the plan for too long and others say it's o.k. to stay on until you've dropped all the fat. Which way is the right way?

If I can lose all the excess fat in 6 months I'd be happy. I'm not willing to do it any faster than that if it will be bad for my health. Thanks for any advice you can give.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:49 PM   #1186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hey y'all. ny internet is still acting up so here's my drive by........I think the pending thunderstorms are messing with the satellite.

It was amazing today........65 degrees and by the afternoon I was sweating! Peeled all of the plastic sheeting and wood closing in the back porch........ahhhhhh spring!
Took BF to the dentist and was wearing capris and high heeled wedge thing sandals and a tee shirt.......this compared to sweater and jacket on Saturday...........so typical of our Adirondacks, winter, less wintery, BAM summer like! I'll so take it, originally from Miami I can't stand it out less than 68F

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Just updating on my " eating of the ham" experience
I normally eat bacon every day for breakfast with an egg but usually turkey bacon and some times normal bacon with the least fat but I do eat bacon

So while on vacay this weekend I had only two slices if " regular " bacon a few hard boiled eggs and that worked out fine

I cooked baked chicken Tenders( a bunch of em) and literally ate them all weekend at every meal, one meal I made chicken soup using my new qwl cookbook !

The Easter dinner included tons of soul food that I can't eat and ham and chicken wings( roasted)

I ignored the wings cause I already had the chicken tenders cooked in broth and I decided to use my eggs and have some ham like an omelet..
Thankfully I only took a small piece !
So turns out the ham is a honey baked ham!
I got about half way through and I could feel the sugar and honey taste in my mouth. I had to keep quiet and pretend it was no big deal because the " cook" was so happy she had made something I could eat

I was upset privately because I don't even like Ham that much and now I've ingested goodness knows how much sugar and fat and carbs . Why would I waste a cheat on ham? Ugh
I'm a little unhappy and I know my weight is probably going to spike
I avoid sugar like the plague ... Stupid holiday honey ham..
sugar is the plague.......but I see in your post after it turned out well!

Small amounts of hidden sugars won't kill us...now that we're smarter than the average bear and know it's evil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
AkaGal, you are way to hard on yourself..I've watched your progression and you are doing well and sticking to plan..Be happy that you are well on your way to getting to your goal, not just wedding wise, but health wise...The constant comparison to your sister should not be...You are beautiful and you should embrace that..You are getting ready to start a wonderful life with a partner that treats you well and someone you describe as a wonderful mate..You also are very career oriented and are almost finished with your post graduate work..Again, you need to embrace how wonderful you are progressing not just in this small goal, but the broader outlook in life...It is a wonderful thing..A little sugar in honey ham(hince the name) is not going to completely wreck your plans...Get a grip on that..These are little things..Nonsensical...Your a smart young lady..Relax..Perhaps in a couple of days the broader outlook will prevail...

ICDI--The OG sounds wonderful..You are doing so well..Celebrate losing all that weight with a little retail therapy..Celebrate yourself

CC, I'm trying to fit the pieces together..Are you a horse raiser or something awesome like that? I hear barn kitties, getting feed and hay...Sounds interesting...I hope you had a great weekend..

GT-I'm assuming that you are getting ready for the royal nuptuals...

Al-Yes, I read that to concerning the slow down of weight loss and the maintaining for awile until you ultimately get there...It sounds interesting..I need to get through this month before I contemplate getting to a place to think about this..I have decided, however, that if it takes another couple of months to get to 130, because of the slowdown, then that's ok...I have about 15lbs to get rid off..I've gotten this far and I know I can get there soon..Thanks for bringing up this topic..It is a good discussion starter..
BWAAAAAAAAAAHAHA nice testimony to AKA, Amen!

No, we're just two crazy city people that ran away to sanity........or insanity, if you please.

All the pets are unwanted strays. Some would call us gentleman farmers. We just love our babies and we have lotsa room for the unwanteds (ten acres)

It's all moms fault, she was a stray catterer when I was young. Sometimes it doesn't take a village.
I know how to train and ride 'em (horses not cats LOL) but there's no time so they convalesce in the happy spa farm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
I'm back! Bathroom scale said 210, scale at the clinic 208.5. But I'm eating clean starting today!
woot woot hang in there girl and stay with us...we've been there and done it and you will, too!
Quote:
Guess honey ham isn't that bad

I weighed in to see if I was able to maintain from Easter
After the bacon , grilled chicken , eggs, baked fish and honey ham! Lol

I was down ? Honey ham= loss ?
What ?

I'm down 1.6

Hey whatever, I'll take it !
I knew it wouldn't be a disaster........remember there's sugar in your regular bacon too.......but protein and fat kill all the bad stuff, yay!
Quote:
CC is our everything! Theres nothing she doesnt or cant do!!!
nope, no lottery jackpot yet....and the trust fund is light years away so...not true!
Quote:
My fridge is filled with decorated eggs. Hubby and kids do not eat them, and I hate letting food go to waste. I havent had and egg since I restarted this, but Im gonna try it out. How many eggs do you guys eat in a day. Im practicing some control, and will follow whatever you say, otherwise, I'll eat them all..
when I have boilds on hand I do three mashed less two yolks and call it a meal or snack.
Quote:
got some exercise planned for the afternoon. chasing the kids on their bikes!! Its 70 degrees out. Lovin it!

gotta start up on my fake tan again....my arms are blinding in the sun!
AL I got the sulime bronze by Loreal and it so rocks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hi Everyone!

I've been reading a little here and there...I apologize for not posting...I'm trying to get back to eating the way I ate when I was losing.

For about 3 or 4 weeks...I ate carby foods on the weekend...I was so close to the 140's before that...but now I'm 156...

Looking back, my cravings really seemed to get stronger when I added a few things to my diet...
cheese, nuts (peanuts, almonds, even sunflower seeds) and nut butters...they are NOT my friends! Maybe I can handle them when I'm not trying to lose...but they really did a number on my cravings.

I'm back to meat...eggs...boring, safe foods...

Much love to you all!!!
she's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.....no big deal Beck you are the NCIS of losses!
Quote:
Hello gentle folks! Mind if I join the party?

I'm starting Stillman's tomorrow morning. I currently weigh 210 pounds and would eventually like to get down to 155 and maintain between 150-160 pounds. I'm 30 years young and 5' 7".

To start off I'll go till the end of May and see where I am at that point then reassess and make a new goal. My goal for the next 5 weeks is to shave off 25 pounds and I think that's possible if I am strict with the program and also do 30 minutes of exercise daily.

You ladies (and any gents lurking) are fantastic and an inspiration. I've been gearing up my mind to just deal with plain ole chicken and eggs for a while. I'm highly motivated and ready to shift this weight.

I'm giving myself 6 months to get this 55-60 pounds off and hopefully Stillman's will give me a good head start.
go girl u can do it!
Quote:
No i can't! Buuut I will def be keeping an eye on it!! Our coverage starts at 6am so I'll be watching that with brekkie! Then some more after work!! I see she and Will didn't go to the Easter cermonies with the Queen-they were spending their last weekend of freedom together! And Kate was seen out and about shopping for dresses for their honeymoon----the stuff that she bought has completely sold out!! I was in that store too (Warehouse) and tried on dresses there but didn't buy anything! If I had I woukd put it up on eBay!!!
LOLOL you're too cool...she bot a dress from Banana Republic.........sooooooooo boring!
We are going to be watching at 4AM our time, my adopted mom is taping it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
209 wohoooo! I even had nuts yesterday too.
soo paleo good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Oh AL, I just can't give up my cream....it's what gets me through a craving quite often!! But I will try to be more accountable...because when I was losing the best I was eating the cleanest AND participating daily on this wonderful thread!!

Thanks Doc, I appreciate those encouraging words! You're stats are really inspiring to me. I love to read your writings too!

I'm so impressed with everyone's losses. It's really helped me to get my focus back on my goal. I really want to see those 140's!!

Ican, you will be in Onederland before you know it!!! We are going to ROCK the house when that happens!! Good for you for not going crazy with the nuts. I can't handle nuts right now!

Welcome SC!! You are going to do great here!!

GT, you could probably write your own book about your journey...I'd love to read it!!

Hey CC! I love your quotes and juicy tidbits you throw out...good stuff!!
I'm sacking them for another newscast.........thanks, glad you like 'em!
Quote:
Flavor Sprinkles! Flavor Sprinkles!

Ok that brand I buy is called Molly McButter Natural Flavor Sprinkles.

They have bazillion flavors and they are all fat free,sugar free,cholesterol free, you name it, its free!

I have the Butter flavor and the Cheese flavor.

Each "sprinkle" is 5 calories, but a little goes a long way. ( especially for us Stills followers)

I notice the store brand is cheaper and is exactly the same, so I am going to move over to GENERIC!!

I think everyone should buy flavor sprinkles and tell me how great their life is ( ha ha!)
O man thise are so old school, must reinvestigate!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Hey everyone!

I am back after my week off and down 3 pounds since yesterday!

I forgot my glasses today so I can't even catch up on all the posts I missed, have a great day and I will be back tomorrow when I have my glasses and hopefully I can catch up on all I missed, there seems to be alot!
MAR
Quote:
I am eating a big plate of grilled chicken tenderloins for lunch today with my favorite diet Snapple tea
I cant believe in the old days I used to eat this tiny horrible salad with almost no toppings or dressing and I would be so hungry after

I am going to eat these tender chickies until no more can fit
that's the new religion!
Quote:
I never knew about this Land o Lakes Fat Free half & half! maybe I can afford a touch of this in my coffee sometimes in the morning. Right now, I put one tiny drop( half of TSP) of regular creamer every morning

This is interesting article, for those of us CREAM HEADS

This is what you get for 2 whole large TABLESPOONS, imagine if I just put a TSP

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 2 tbsp (30ml)

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 0Calories 20

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 30mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 3g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 2g
Protein 1g

http://www.cspinet.org/nah/04_08/creamed.pdf
careful about FF stuff, the trade off is more carbs and sugars.......I'm just sayin'
Quote:
LOL. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this name works wonders for me as well as the eating plan. Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. You're such a spirited group and I can see that the pounds are falling off like crazy. Can't wait to report my own results but I'm thinking about not weighing at all for the first month and just sticking to the eating plan and exercise.

Also, if anyone knows is it safe to go straight with Stillman's till goal or is it better to rotate it with another eating plan every couple of weeks?

I don't have the book but I've seen people say not to stay on the plan for too long and others say it's o.k. to stay on until you've dropped all the fat. Which way is the right way?

If I can lose all the excess fat in 6 months I'd be happy. I'm not willing to do it any faster than that if it will be bad for my health. Thanks for any advice you can give.
do hardcore until you need a break and then add in some veggies or whatever you think you can't do without.......it's the deprivation that kills dieting..JMHO

Last edited by CCGirl; 04-26-2011 at 05:56 PM..
Old 04-26-2011, 06:04 PM   #1187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

okay what have you all got planned for Big Momma on Mother's Day?

sooo ADHD changing the subject LOLOL!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #1188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh and BTW was reading in Family Circle mag (yikes) that when dieters have lots of choices in food options they overeat 50 percent of the time...........another testament to Stills........
Old 04-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #1189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
I didn't lose today but I think it's because if the 6 slices of turkey bacon I had- lots of sodium! I also had tuna, tomatoes and eggs yesterday.

Today is only eggs so hopefully the sodium from the turkey bacon leaves me!

Come on 207!!
Old 04-26-2011, 11:37 PM   #1190
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
has anyone heard the til the world ends remix? britney,nicki, ke rock!!
No!!! Love Keisha too though!
Old 04-26-2011, 11:45 PM   #1191
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Stay on it for as long as possible-as pure and clean for as long as you cab stick it!!! If you feel tired or bored or your willpower is lacking then add either veggies or fattier meats for a couple of days, then cut them tostart losing again. I don't think nutrient wise QWL dies any harm. Good luck!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:08 AM   #1192
Big Yapper!!!!

I want flavour sprinkles and Molly Mc Butter!!!! I could have cheesy chicken! Yuuum!!

Our cheese is definitely fattier-even the lf versions--so Stilly would not really approve!! I have eaten the lowest fat mozzorella I can find on occassion though-it is soooo filling!!
And we don't have the sticks at all-just weird processed chedder ones!

I loooove cheese-the creamy stuff like ricotta and mascarpone!!! Have ya ever seen the fat and cals in mascarpone though---eeeeekie!!! The good Dr would turn in his grave!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:10 AM   #1193
Big Yapper!!!!

Psych-i loooove your posts! Seriously don't know how you type so much!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:15 AM   #1194
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
!

do hardcore until you need a break and then add in some veggies or whatever you think you can't do without.......it's the deprivation that kills dieting..JMHO
We're like a cult singing from the same Hymn sheet!! Scarey!!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:19 AM   #1195
Big Yapper!!!!

Speaking of your wedges,CC, I got gorgeous denim peeptoe ones with a bow on the front-loooove the height they give with comfort!!! Better not trip over on them though!!!

Got loads of cute girlie dresses for the Summer--oh yeah and sleeveless--the first time in years peeps!

I literally thank Maxwell Stillman everytime I stand in a changing room!! I loooooove shopping again!!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:24 AM   #1196
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
okay what have you all got planned for Big Momma on Mother's Day?

sooo ADHD changing the subject LOLOL!
Ooh when's your Mothers Day?? Ours was on 3rd April. If it's this Sunday then my Mama will be with me-yay!!! She's coming back wih me! Sitting on the bus to the airport as I type! I'm so glad Mum's coming back with me til Monday-I'd be majorly depressed this morning otherwise. That was waaaaay too short a break. oh but we have half-term from the 13th June--so my flight is booked already!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:25 AM   #1197
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Oh and BTW was reading in Family Circle mag (yikes) that when dieters have lots of choices in food options they overeat 50 percent of the time...........another testament to Stills........
Yeah I think that's so true!......that's why maintenance is so hard--the choice!
Old 04-27-2011, 01:02 AM   #1198
Big Yapper!!!!

I've brought a bag of chocolate eggs and sweets back with me-gonna offload them to my coworkers tomorrow! Dunno why my family still buy me Easter eggs like a child!!
I did eat a Cadbury's Creme egg though.
I also def ate off plan-I'm seriosly scared to step on the scale!! I didn't really eat anything bad, just more calories and veggies and I did have a couple of slices of homemade brown bread. That was the only downside of being at home-everyone got on my case about eating too little and being too thin. My Uncle told my Gran that I looked sick and so when I visited her she literally forced me to eat-sat there and watched me. My Mum also told me I should stop now-that I was borderline anorexic and that she wasn't gonna go down that road again. And that I was 'losing my looks'---that hurt,gotta say---she really knows where to stick the knife! And that if I continued I was gonna start to look old abd wisened(can't spell).
On the one hand I don't think I'm too thin, I don't think anyone of my height and weight is. And I still want to lose more-I can still pinch inches!!! On the other hand though I'm slightly worried that what I'm doing is becoming a bit obsessive. I know we're all so rigid and talk about planned treats etc. And we all looove when the scale goes down. I just wonder when I'm gonna be satisfied-i thought if Iwore a size 8 I'd be happy. I was,but then I wanted a size 4-can wear that--but it's still not good enough. I can wear 2s in a lot of things. Except in skinny jeans-could put them up but they wouldn't close. It's like I have to wear the smallest size in the store-in some of ours it's a 4, in othet's it's a 2. But even with that I'm not satisfied. And I don't think I really know what I look like-as in I don't think I'm thin, but everyone keeps saying I am. I always think it's because yeah in comparisan to 250lbs I am, but not if compared to 'normal' people.
It's not even that though, it's that I love the feeling of being hungry-and I can be even on Stills. I'm scared to eat things that I haven't prepared myself. I'm fine with plain chicken and co. It's like they're 'safe' foods. Again I know we all think like that when we're on a diet. But I just wonder. I'm seriously scared of maintenance-I don't think I'm gonna be able to do it. I don't ever wanna put that weight back on again. I'm scared that if I start eating I won't ever be able to stop. And if I eat 'bad' things then I get rid of them. It's like, I'm not stupid, I know it's not normal. But in a way I don't think there's any other way. I want to be thin and this is the only way-if I eat I put on weight. Period. It just kinda sucks though cos I do wonder when I'll be satisfied.
Ok wonderings over for the day!!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 04-27-2011, 05:36 AM   #1199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
We're like a cult singing from the same Hymn sheet!! Scarey!!
like minds.....and skinny butts!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Speaking of your wedges,CC, I got gorgeous denim peeptoe ones with a bow on the front-loooove the height they give with comfort!!! Better not trip over on them though!!!

Got loads of cute girlie dresses for the Summer--oh yeah and sleeveless--the first time in years peeps!

I literally thank Maxwell Stillman everytime I stand in a changing room!! I loooooove shopping again!!
O GT please Google the image and insert the picture!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Ooh when's your Mothers Day?? Ours was on 3rd April. If it's this Sunday then my Mama will be with me-yay!!! She's coming back wih me!
Sitting on the bus to the airport as I type! I'm so glad Mum's coming back with me til Monday-I'd be majorly depressed this morning otherwise. That was waaaaay too short a break. oh but we have half-term from the 13th June--so my flight is booked already!
Ours is May 8, early this year. Must go shopping for her.

GT what is half term? summer break?
Quote:
I've brought a bag of chocolate eggs and sweets back with me-gonna offload them to my coworkers tomorrow! Dunno why my family still buy me Easter eggs like a child!!
I did eat a Cadbury's Creme egg though.

I also def ate off plan-I'm seriosly scared to step on the scale!! I didn't really eat anything bad, just more calories and veggies and I did have a couple of slices of homemade brown bread.

That was the only downside of being at home-everyone got on my case about eating too little and being too thin. My Uncle told my Gran that I looked sick and so when I visited her she literally forced me to eat-sat there and watched me.
My Mum also told me I should stop now-that I was borderline anorexic and that she wasn't gonna go down that road again. And that I was 'losing my looks'---that hurt,gotta say---she really knows where to stick the knife! And that if I continued I was gonna start to look old abd wisened(can't spell).

On the one hand I don't think I'm too thin, I don't think anyone of my height and weight is. And I still want to lose more-I can still pinch inches!!!

On the other hand though I'm slightly worried that what I'm doing is becoming a bit obsessive. I know we're all so rigid and talk about planned treats etc. And we all looove when the scale goes down.

I just wonder when I'm gonna be satisfied-i thought if Iwore a size 8 I'd be happy. I was,but then I wanted a size 4-can wear that--but it's still not good enough. I can wear 2s in a lot of things. Except in skinny jeans-could put them up but they wouldn't close. It's like I have to wear the smallest size in the store-in some of ours it's a 4, in othet's it's a 2. But even with that I'm not satisfied.

And I don't think I really know what I look like-as in I don't think I'm thin, but everyone keeps saying I am. I always think it's because yeah in comparisan to 250lbs I am, but not if compared to 'normal' people.

It's not even that though, it's that I love the feeling of being hungry-and I can be even on Stills.

I'm scared to eat things that I haven't prepared myself. I'm fine with plain chicken and co. It's like they're 'safe' foods. Again I know we all think like that when we're on a diet. But I just wonder.

I'm seriously scared of maintenance-I don't think I'm gonna be able to do it. I don't ever wanna put that weight back on again.
I'm scared that if I start eating I won't ever be able to stop. And if I eat 'bad' things then I get rid of them.

It's like, I'm not stupid, I know it's not normal. But in a way I don't think there's any other way. I want to be thin and this is the only way-if I eat I put on weight. Period. It just kinda sucks though cos I do wonder when I'll be satisfied.
Ok wonderings over for the day!!!!
Whew! Psych, please weigh in on this..........heavy stuff.

where to start.............

when I look at me now i see acceptable thin. US size 8/10.

when I look at pics from twenty years ago I see thin. But I never felt that way. All I saw was thunder thighs.

I guess only when you have stood at the cliff of the 200's you can look back at yourself and say OMG I was so thin WTH was I thinking?

Your mums only concerned because she knows the battles you had to face in the past. Like any addiction, it doesn't go away, you just learn to deal with them in a more sane way each day. And each day is one giant step farther away from it.
Unfortunately, mums also know what buttons to push and they can hurt badly.

Are you really scared to eat things that you are mentally unprepared for? Or are you unwilling to eat things that could possibly derail you.

The difference is how you quantify things in your mind. Using terms like scared only makes you loathe yourself and think you're a weakling. Empower yourself by realizing your choices are a positive.

Recovery and maintenance will come in time. Your time and no one else's. You can lead the horse to water but won't make him drink.

You mum forcing you to eat could blow up in her face and create huge emotional and psychological setbacks.....she needs to be supportive. Like Al Anon for relatives of alcoholics, there is a regimen for loved ones of the addicted. What she an outsider when you were in treatment? That may explain her ineptitude dealing with your recovery.......

GT this is not only for you but for all of us.

I found the way to get those fat goggles off was to look at pictures from the past and remembering how I felt about my body at the time. The biggie was when I saw one from when I was nineteen and I loathed my figure then, and would have killed to have it that way now. It was literally a BOOM light bulb going off....

Feelings about your choices.....look carefully how you describe them. Scared to do something vs. careful choices that the end result has been considered.
Off plan vs. fell down and screwed up........just some thoughts.....

Old 04-27-2011, 05:48 AM   #1200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

if you have never heard Whitney sing this, please click the video link. Play it when you need to remind yourself that you love you. It kills me that as women it's so easy to love our others but loathe ourselves............

"Greatest Love Of All"

I believe the children are our are future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be
Everybody searching for a hero
People need someone to look up to
I never found anyone to fulfill my needs
A lonely place to be
So I learned to depend on me

[Chorus:]