Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2011, 09:32 AM   #1111
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Tanya, you pics are stunning!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2011, 09:33 AM   #1112
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
im goin out tonight for surf & turf!!! dining out doesnt have to be boring peeps!! (but expensive, yes!)
yumm!!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #1113
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy Easter, peeps!!!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:36 AM   #1114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
I'm going out to eat today but I'm not planning on cheating. I don't know where we will go. If it's olive garden again then I'll order the salmon, veggies and salad with no dressing. I went down 2 pounds when I ate there last time. fingers crossed. I'm sick of the 200's!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:53 AM   #1115
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/173/120
WOE: stillman weekdays/Atkins week-ends
Start Date: September 2nd 2014
Aleriaaa,
Thanks for starting the April weigh in thread! MY gosh, documentation helps motivation!
Old 04-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #1116
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hey girlies! Hope everyone's enjoying the day!!!

I was just reading in the QWL book, and Stillmans suggests that once we get between 5 to 15 pounds of our goal weight, we should maintain the weight on the Stay Slim plan for "a few months", and then go back to QWL to lose the remainder. I never knew that. (or chose to ignore it)

I'm tempted to eat a salad tonight, or perhaps a Cadbury Creme egg? just kidding!!
Old 04-24-2011, 04:17 PM   #1117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Amélie
Restarting today!
Old 04-24-2011, 04:54 PM   #1118
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Hey girlies! Hope everyone's enjoying the day!!!

I was just reading in the QWL book, and Stillmans suggests that once we get between 5 to 15 pounds of our goal weight, we should maintain the weight on the Stay Slim plan for "a few months", and then go back to QWL to lose the remainder. I never knew that. (or chose to ignore it)

I'm tempted to eat a salad tonight, or perhaps a Cadbury Creme egg? just kidding!!
Al
I saw that in my book but ignored
I don't know about that
I'm going full stills then stay slim once at goal then Back to stills If I go up
Old 04-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #1119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
I see we're all keeping it together................yay!

Tanya, it's a holiday with family, eat a little fatty ham and chicken skin, it' won't kill you but more importantly you will not feel deprived, the undoer of all weight loss efforts.

Busy weekend for me, shopping Saturday and Sunday run for hay and grain for the horsies.
Sir Lancelot decided he's had enough of BF complaining about his bum hip/back so he barelled into him while coming in for the night. So here I am seeing my babe hunched over and in pain and wondering call 911, beat a horse, etc????????
So BF laughed it off and thought well maybe it was a cheaper alternative to the chiropractor
Thank you Bacchus, the Greek god of wine LOL

so tonight's feature is the Untouchables with Kevin Costner, with bourbon and diet cola.

Good night and Happy Easter Passover Ostara to all!

GT you won't see this til morn but is there any way you can skip school and attend Catherine's wedding (LOL I know you can't) at least call in sick to watch it on the box.

yes I will be watching here at four a.m., I love them and remember watching Diana's wedding too.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:01 PM   #1120
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Al
I saw that in my book but ignored
I don't know about that
I'm going full stills then stay slim once at goal then Back to stills If I go up
Me too!!
Old 04-24-2011, 05:02 PM   #1121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tanya I'm with you, I would rather get to goal then worry about maintenance then go to maintenance and not get to goal

Gotta be strict for the next month cos Big Momma is coming May 23 and I so want to be buff!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2011, 05:04 PM   #1122
Senior LCF Member

I ending up eating at olive garden. 2 plates of salad with no dressing, salmon and broccoli. I feel great
Old 04-24-2011, 05:23 PM   #1123
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I have been so busy at work, but I see that temptation has been the worst enemy for all of us during this weekend..It has been hard for me, I confess..Today with my family I was in charge of the salad and the roasted chicken...My sister made the broccoli bake casserole (a staple and the absolute reason to even come to a family meal..) And the sweet potato pie...I realize that when I sat down to dinner with my family, my 'cheat' mentality didn't manifest internally because the occasional salad and chicken with skin really isn't that bad..It's a free range whole chicken that I purchased and seasoned over night and then baked will basting it..This cannot be that bad....I do know that the sliver of sweet potato pie that I ate was absolutely way tooo sweet and the broccoli casserole that I consumed, made me feel like a rock was in my stomach..I ate moderately which I feel good about..I feel this way...If Ii eat the majority of the time on plan (ie..2 months on and 1 meal off) I've done well..I made sure to drink plenty of water and I am still drinking water for the remainder of the night..I am ok with this...I've been able to lose 15 pounds in a month and a half and am doing relatively well..If this sets me back a few days..So be it..Also, I am within my goal by about 15lbs and if I get there in a couple of months relative to weeks, that's ok...Slow and steady wins the race, but I'm ready to get my meat on tomorrow..Right now, my stomach feels like lead, and water is the only thing that is making me feel ok at the moment...Take care and have a good week...
Old 04-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #1124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

XLNT WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you sure got that under control!
Old 04-24-2011, 05:31 PM   #1125
Senior LCF Member

Just updating on my " eating of the ham" experience
I normally eat bacon every day for breakfast with an egg but usually turkey bacon and some times normal bacon with the least fat but I do eat bacon

So while on vacay this weekend I had only two slices if " regular " bacon a few hard boiled eggs and that worked out fine

I cooked baked chicken Tenders( a bunch of em) and literally ate them all weekend at every meal, one meal I made chicken soup using my new qwl cookbook !

The Easter dinner included tons of soul food that I can't eat and ham and chicken wings( roasted)

I ignored the wings cause I already had the chicken tenders cooked in broth and I decided to use my eggs and have some ham like an omelet..
Thankfully I only took a small piece !
So turns out the ham is a honey baked ham!
I got about half way through and I could feel the sugar and honey taste in my mouth. I had to keep quiet and pretend it was no big deal because the " cook" was so happy she had made something I could eat

I was upset privately because I don't even like Ham that much and now I've ingested goodness knows how much sugar and fat and carbs . Why would I waste a cheat on ham? Ugh
I'm a little unhappy and I know my weight is probably going to spike
I avoid sugar like the plague ... Stupid holiday honey ham..
Old 04-24-2011, 06:12 PM   #1126
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
AkaGal, you are way to hard on yourself..I've watched your progression and you are doing well and sticking to plan..Be happy that you are well on your way to getting to your goal, not just wedding wise, but health wise...The constant comparison to your sister should not be...You are beautiful and you should embrace that..You are getting ready to start a wonderful life with a partner that treats you well and someone you describe as a wonderful mate..You also are very career oriented and are almost finished with your post graduate work..Again, you need to embrace how wonderful you are progressing not just in this small goal, but the broader outlook in life...It is a wonderful thing..A little sugar in honey ham(hince the name) is not going to completely wreck your plans...Get a grip on that..These are little things..Nonsensical...Your a smart young lady..Relax..Perhaps in a couple of days the broader outlook will prevail...

ICDI--The OG sounds wonderful..You are doing so well..Celebrate losing all that weight with a little retail therapy..Celebrate yourself

CC, I'm trying to fit the pieces together..Are you a horse raiser or something awesome like that? I hear barn kitties, getting feed and hay...Sounds interesting...I hope you had a great weekend..

GT-I'm assuming that you are getting ready for the royal nuptuals...

Al-Yes, I read that to concerning the slow down of weight loss and the maintaining for awile until you ultimately get there...It sounds interesting..I need to get through this month before I contemplate getting to a place to think about this..I have decided, however, that if it takes another couple of months to get to 130, because of the slowdown, then that's ok...I have about 15lbs to get rid off..I've gotten this far and I know I can get there soon..Thanks for bringing up this topic..It is a good discussion starter..
Old 04-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #1127
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
AkaGal, you are way to hard on yourself..I've watched your progression and you are doing well and sticking to plan..Be happy that you are well on your way to getting to your goal, not just wedding wise, but health wise...The constant comparison to your sister should not be...You are beautiful and you should embrace that..You are getting ready to start a wonderful life with a partner that treats you well and someone you describe as a wonderful mate..You also are very career oriented and are almost finished with your post graduate work..Again, you need to embrace how wonderful you are progressing not just in this small goal, but the broader outlook in life...It is a wonderful thing..A little sugar in honey ham(hince the name) is not going to completely wreck your plans...Get a grip on that..These are little things..Nonsensical...Your a smart young lady..Relax..Perhaps in a couple of days the broader outlook will prevail...

ICDI--The OG sounds wonderful..You are doing so well..Celebrate losing all that weight with a little retail therapy..Celebrate yourself

CC, I'm trying to fit the pieces together..Are you a horse raiser or something awesome like that? I hear barn kitties, getting feed and hay...Sounds interesting...I hope you had a great weekend..

GT-I'm assuming that you are getting ready for the royal nuptuals...

Al-Yes, I read that to concerning the slow down of weight loss and the maintaining for awile until you ultimately get there...It sounds interesting..I need to get through this month before I contemplate getting to a place to think about this..I have decided, however, that if it takes another couple of months to get to 130, because of the slowdown, then that's ok...I have about 15lbs to get rid off..I've gotten this far and I know I can get there soon..Thanks for bringing up this topic..It is a good discussion starter..
I am too hard on myself, its always been that way and everyone says that
It doesnt see to be changing as I get older
I have accomplished a lot in life in a short amount of time but getting to my goal weight and staying there, has been the single one which has alluded me.
I am upset about the ham only because it was pointless and not worth it.
It will all be over in a few days. I am looking at all of this past my wedding date, and into the future.
I like the different programs from Stillman and look forward to trying the stay slim plan and seeing what that will do mixed with my exercise program..we will see
Old 04-25-2011, 12:09 AM   #1128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Amélie
I'm back! Bathroom scale said 210, scale at the clinic 208.5. But I'm eating clean starting today!
Old 04-25-2011, 05:16 AM   #1129
Senior LCF Member

Guess honey ham isn't that bad

I weighed in to see if I was able to maintain from Easter
After the bacon , grilled chicken , eggs, baked fish and honey ham! Lol

I was down ? Honey ham= loss ?
What ?

I'm down 1.6

Hey whatever, I'll take it !
Old 04-25-2011, 05:40 AM   #1130
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I was down ? Honey ham= loss ?
What ?

I'm down 1.6

Hey whatever, I'll take it !
Now thats awesome!!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 05:42 AM   #1131
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
I'm back! Bathroom scale said 210, scale at the clinic 208.5. But I'm eating clean starting today!
todays the day!! You can do it Amelie!
Old 04-25-2011, 05:49 AM   #1132
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
Mondays are great start fresh days, start clean days.
I always feel very confident and ready on mondays, I always feel like its a clean start to wipe my slate clean.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:49 AM   #1133
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Im with you and CC. I wish Stillman explained why we should maintain for a while,before losing the rest, but Im guessing it has to do with learning a better way to control what and how much we eat, after QWL. In the past, I went strict down to goal, and once I got there I wasnt prepared or used to making the right choices. This time has to be different for me!! Trying to figure out now how to tackle it!

The book says my calories should be 1300-1600 for my height, on Stay Slim. Ive never counted calories before. Does this make for a pretty good menu, peeps?
Old 04-25-2011, 05:52 AM   #1134
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

CC is our everything! Theres nothing she doesnt or cant do!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 05:53 AM   #1135
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
I ending up eating at olive garden. 2 plates of salad with no dressing, salmon and broccoli. I feel great
This is a girl on a mission!!! You are so gonna prove mom wrong!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 05:58 AM   #1136
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Im with you and CC. I wish Stillman explained why we should maintain for a while,before losing the rest, but Im guessing it has to do with learning a better way to control what and how much we eat, after QWL. In the past, I went strict down to goal, and once I got there I wasnt prepared or used to making the right choices. This time has to be different for me!! Trying to figure out now how to tackle it!

The book says my calories should be 1300-1600 for my height, on Stay Slim. Ive never counted calories before. Does this make for a pretty good menu, peeps?
Al,

1300-1600 isnt bad and you could eat a decent menu for sure!

For regular people , under 1500 calories is too little, and that is considered pretty low, but you are pretty short,plus you are used to dieting and if your weight gets down to goal you wont need a heck of a lot to manage on .

If you follow stillmans stay slim plan ( since I have the cookbook, I read all the recipes for both QWL, inches off and STay slim). You can eat a lot of food for 1300-1600 to CAL if you wisely eat within Stillmans requirements for Stay slim.

Prior to stillmans I was an old fashioned calorie counter, so I am the QUEEN of calorie counting. And to me its no big deal.
To be honest with you when I looked at Stillmans Inches off diet, I was rather pleased with the menus and also for stay slim.
Its not bad at all. I think Stillmans QWL gets us so strict that pretty much ANY other diet plan looks like heaven.

I want to stay fit for the long haul, so I am really looking into inches off and stay slim and means to help me transition once I hit the goal, which is coming up sooner than I expected! I am kind of scared...not sure I am going to be ready to get off stillmans at that point.

Does this bulletin board allow for attachments?
I want to include some recipes from my stillmans QWL cookbook but they are so many and so long, I cant type them all but I can copy and scan them!

Any ideas on who I can get those recipes on here ?

-Tanya

Last edited by akagal20; 04-25-2011 at 05:59 AM..
Old 04-25-2011, 05:59 AM   #1137
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I've been able to lose 15 pounds in a month and a half and am doing relatively well..If this sets me back a few days..So be it..Also, I am within my goal by about 15lbs and if I get there in a couple of months relative to weeks, that's ok...Slow and steady wins the race, but I'm ready to get my meat on tomorrow..Right now, my stomach feels like lead, and water is the only thing that is making me feel ok at the moment...Take care and have a good week...
Just looking at your stats again psychedoc- you have come so far and have done so well!!! You totally have the right attitude to continue on this path, make good decisions,yet still enjoy yourself, and get to goal!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 06:05 AM   #1138
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al,

1300-1600 isnt bad and you could eat a decent menu for sure!

For regular people , under 1500 calories is too little, and that is considered pretty low, but you are pretty short,plus you are used to dieting and if your weight gets down to goal you wont need a heck of a lot to manage on .

If you follow stillmans stay slim plan ( since I have the cookbook, I read all the recipes for both QWL, inches off and STay slim). You can eat a lot of food for 1300-1600 to CAL if you wisely eat within Stillmans requirements for Stay slim.

Prior to stillmans I was an old fashioned calorie counter, so I am the QUEEN of calorie counting. And to me its no big deal.
To be honest with you when I looked at Stillmans Inches off diet, I was rather pleased with the menus and also for stay slim.
Its not bad at all. I think Stillmans QWL gets us so strict that pretty much ANY other diet plan looks like heaven.

I want to stay fit for the long haul, so I am really looking into inches off and stay slim and means to help me transition once I hit the goal, which is coming up sooner than I expected! I am kind of scared...not sure I am going to be ready to get off stillmans at that point.

Does this bulletin board allow for attachments?
I want to include some recipes from my stillmans QWL cookbook but they are so many and so long, I cant type them all but I can copy and scan them!

Any ideas on who I can get those recipes on here ?

-Tanya
Thanks so much for your input!! Im so excited that you are into this and looking to follow the plans through! I'm gonna need major help when the time comes so it'll be so good for me to have someone else to stick it out with!!

I was actually playing around with my QWL pdf file over the weekend, trying to figure out how to copy and paste the text. It wasnt working out for me, but I kinda gave up a little to soon. If you email me the cookbook scans, I dont mind typing them out (over the weekend)..

Definitely fill us in on that soup though!! We cant wait!!
Old 04-25-2011, 06:12 AM   #1139
Blabbermouth!!!

My fridge is filled with decorated eggs. Hubby and kids do not eat them, and I hate letting food go to waste. I havent had and egg since I restarted this, but Im gonna try it out. How many eggs do you guys eat in a day. Im practicing some control, and will follow whatever you say, otherwise, I'll eat them all..
Old 04-25-2011, 07:09 AM   #1140
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My fridge is filled with decorated eggs. Hubby and kids do not eat them, and I hate letting food go to waste. I havent had and egg since I restarted this, but Im gonna try it out. How many eggs do you guys eat in a day. Im practicing some control, and will follow whatever you say, otherwise, I'll eat them all..
AL,

ok so great, I will email you the scans. I can do those at work easily. There are so awesome recipes. Literally I can not wait to go the grocery store and get the meat and the ingredients and everything is Stillman friendly, so so cool

OK I eat like 5 eggs per day, sometimes more.
Eggs are my central point of life right now. I make a quiche a lot too, and then eat the quiche as a "Snack!" lol
Closed Thread