Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 09:12 AM   #1051
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Good Afternoon Everyone,
to all of you who are seeing changes in the downward direction on the scale !!! Congratulations...

And CC, this morning I sliced a few of those olives into my tuna/egg/mustard concoction and they were fantastic...I read the label 0carbs, .5gfat per 2 serving and 15 calories....If that is registered as a 'cheat' then I guess I'm doing fine overall...I think I will have a little of this throughout the day....I'm craving ground turkey, but I'll wait for tomorrow for that...Gotta Run..Take care everyone...

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2011, 09:43 AM   #1052
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
Forgot to say that I ordered the QWL book and cookbook. I should get them both by tomorrow!! Can't wait! I owned the book years ago, but I've never seen the cookbook.

Lenise
I just bought the cookbook, just $5.17 on amazon.com plus free overnight shipping ( I am an Amazon Prime member, sweet shipping deals!)

I can't wait, I am going out of town this weekend to see my "in laws" and I will happily use their kitchen to make stillman friendly meals! yeah!
Old 04-20-2011, 10:13 AM   #1053
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
There is nothing like trying on a old pair of jeans to give me more motivation! I can see my waist. The dancing is paying off.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:48 AM   #1054
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
There is nothing like trying on a old pair of jeans to give me more motivation! I can see my waist. The dancing is paying off.
Jeans are always a true joy when you are losing!
They can be a nightmare though, when you are gaining right

I have about 5 pair of jeans and 8 pair of pants that fit now, with room

I do the happy dance every morning.

PArty time!
Old 04-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #1055
Senior LCF Member

I could do 2 hours of dancing today and could keep on going.

How's everyone today?
Old 04-20-2011, 06:12 PM   #1056
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
I should get my book and cookbook tomorrow. Can't wait! Hope there are lots of good recipes.

I still haven't managed to do strict Stillman yet. But staying pretty low carb. Need to read some more and get psyched up!!
Old 04-20-2011, 06:50 PM   #1057
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Hello everyone! I had a mostly Atkins day today, but did really well with that. Inlaws took me out to dinner and we went to Carrabba's instead of PF Changs, thankfully. I had Filet Bryan, which was flipping delicious. A little carby with the sundried tomatoes, but really not that bad for a restaurant meal. I had spinach and zucchini as my sides. Not eating the scrumptious bread was challenging, but I resisted. Even though I was totally NOT on Stillman's today, I feel good. My blood sugar feels stable, and I don't feel bloated. Tomorrow will need to be a strict Stillman's day...I really want to get back on track! I hope everyone is having a good night.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:36 PM   #1058
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Hey, thought I would pop up... to share an article that CC might be interested in, as well as you all; it is an old article I think after WWI extolling the benefits of a low carb diet, see second page of article that extols the benefits of high protein diet; http://doctorapsley.com/Documents/Ar...r%20Tables.pdf

PLEASE do NOT drink milk, creamer, dairy although the good Doc in the article talks about it. Our milk is extremely contaminated with radiation and so is our cheese... EPA has quit measuring the rads in milk for now...
Old 04-21-2011, 04:52 AM   #1059
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Hmm a cookbook? I think I may order this book too

I have the original QWL book but it seems like half the books talks about the stay slim plan, which is great for later on down the road, but now I need the QWL recipes!

I am going to amazon and ordering it right now.

I am getting excited about recipes! Stillmans is truly changing my whole outlook on food.

I have friends on calorie count diets right now and they are killing themselves in the gym every day, and watching me disappear and they are confused, and I am saying to them, you dont have to work so dang hard, just join me! they try, but they never last. Silly gals.. Its ok some times a person just has to learn the hard way.
It's so frustrating learning that what we were taught all along to lose weight is such bullcrap........the grand conspiracy.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
Good Afternoon Everyone,
to all of you who are seeing changes in the downward direction on the scale !!! Congratulations...

And CC, this morning I sliced a few of those olives into my tuna/egg/mustard concoction and they were fantastic...I read the label 0carbs, .5gfat per 2 serving and 15 calories....If that is registered as a 'cheat' then I guess I'm doing fine overall...I think I will have a little of this throughout the day....I'm craving ground turkey, but I'll wait for tomorrow for that...Gotta Run..Take care everyone...
oooh yummy.....I'm thinking picadillo......I don't like the raisins so I leave them out........I ate this growing up in Miami at all my friends' houses

Cuban-Style Picadillo Bon Appétit | March 2005

by Eli Gorelick, West Orange, NJ

Eli Gorelick of West Orange, New Jersey, writes: "As a kid growing up in Cuba, I worked alongside my mother every day in the kitchen, learning how to make specialties like picadillo and fried bananas. I still think Havana has the best Cuban food in the world, and I continue to love the recipes I learned during my childhood."

Picadillo is a traditional dish in many Latin American countries; it's made with ground meat, tomatoes, and regional ingredients. The Cuban version includes olives and is usually served with black beans and rice.

Yield: Makes 6 servings
Active Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes

1/4 cup olive oil
1 large white onion, chopped
8 garlic cloves, minced
6 Turkish bay leaves
2 pounds ground beef (15 to 20 percent fat)
1 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
3/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup sliced drained pimiento-stuffed green olives (from 5-ounce jar)
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and bay leaves; sauté until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add beef; sauté until cooked, breaking up with back of fork, about 7 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients. Simmer until picadillo thickens, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Discard bay leaves. Serve picadillo warm.

Quote:
I just bought the cookbook, just $5.17 on amazon.com plus free overnight shipping ( I am an Amazon Prime member, sweet shipping deals!)
I can't wait, I am going out of town this weekend to see my "in laws" and I will happily use their kitchen to make stillman friendly meals! yeah!
note to self check out prime membership....thanks aka!!!!!!!!!
have fun this weekend..I'll bet they adore you.
Quote:

Quote:
Jeans are always a true joy when you are losing!
They can be a nightmare though, when you are gaining right

I have about 5 pair of jeans and 8 pair of pants that fit now, with room

I do the happy dance every morning.

PArty time!

Quote:
I should get my book and cookbook tomorrow. Can't wait! Hope there are lots of good recipes.

I still haven't managed to do strict Stillman yet. But staying pretty low carb. Need to read some more and get psyched up!!
you're on the right path
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Hey, thought I would pop up... to share an article that CC might be interested in, as well as you all; it is an old article I think after WWI extolling the benefits of a low carb diet, see second page of article that extols the benefits of high protein diet; http://doctorapsley.com/Documents/Ar...r%20Tables.pdf
PLEASE do NOT drink milk, creamer, dairy although the good Doc in the article talks about it. Our milk is extremely contaminated with radiation and so is our cheese... EPA has quit measuring the rads in milk for now...
heeeeeeeeeeey girl! OMG what's the deal with milk???????????
Old 04-21-2011, 06:41 AM   #1060
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
It's so frustrating learning that what we were taught all along to lose weight is such bullcrap........the grand conspiracy.......

oooh yummy.....I'm thinking picadillo......I don't like the raisins so I leave them out........I ate this growing up in Miami at all my friends' houses

Cuban-Style Picadillo Bon Appétit | March 2005

by Eli Gorelick, West Orange, NJ

Eli Gorelick of West Orange, New Jersey, writes: "As a kid growing up in Cuba, I worked alongside my mother every day in the kitchen, learning how to make specialties like picadillo and fried bananas. I still think Havana has the best Cuban food in the world, and I continue to love the recipes I learned during my childhood."

Picadillo is a traditional dish in many Latin American countries; it's made with ground meat, tomatoes, and regional ingredients. The Cuban version includes olives and is usually served with black beans and rice.

Yield: Makes 6 servings
Active Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes

1/4 cup olive oil
1 large white onion, chopped
8 garlic cloves, minced
6 Turkish bay leaves
2 pounds ground beef (15 to 20 percent fat)
1 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
3/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup sliced drained pimiento-stuffed green olives (from 5-ounce jar)
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and bay leaves; sauté until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add beef; sauté until cooked, breaking up with back of fork, about 7 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients. Simmer until picadillo thickens, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Discard bay leaves. Serve picadillo warm.

note to self check out prime membership....thanks aka!!!!!!!!!
have fun this weekend..I'll bet they adore you.

you're on the right path

heeeeeeeeeeey girl! OMG what's the deal with milk???????????

CC-

You are right! When my fiancee brought me home to his mom and dad for the first time they were kissing my feet, they were so happy.
Their son had finally found the one! And they realized I was completely normally and nice and everything they ever wanted, no baggage or crazy behavior!
His parents are so great. And I know they will be understanding about my diet. i could already see his mom saying" well sweetie, do you need me to buy you some eggs and chicken tenderloins?"...haha they are great

Anyway, on another note my STillman cookbook should be here today in the mail and I cant wait.. i am getting bored stiff of these same old recipes, I need new material down here in Texas!

I am really trying to save my last LB of deer meat, and my fiancee keeps texting me " When are we gonna eat the deer?" or " do you want me to thaw out the deer meat?"... haha, um NO way dude. Do you know how hard it is to get deer. We will eat baked chicken tonight, and thats that.
He isnt on stillmans and is eating up all my good meat, and I am not happy about that.
LAst night I made turkey balls with italian season and a light dusting of Parmesan, he had pasta on the side plus delicious sauce and a thick layer of cheese.
I only ate the turkey balls with mustard to dip in.
I ate 3 balls and was hoping to maybe have 1 more. I go back in the kitchen and he was getting a large helping of SECONDS< including all the rest of the meat balls!
Being with a tall and strapping lad is great sometimes, but they sure do require a LOT of food to live.. No wonder I am losing weight, I cook the meat but eat a few bites and he devours the rest !

Last edited by akagal20; 04-21-2011 at 06:44 AM..
Old 04-21-2011, 06:45 AM   #1061
Senior LCF Member

The new diet to go on is called "Tallmans"..just marry a "Tall" man, and he will vacuum up all your food in the entire house, leaving none for you, therefore you lose TONS of weight due to malnutrition

HA HAHA
Old 04-21-2011, 06:55 AM   #1062
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 04-21-2011, 08:27 AM   #1063
Senior LCF Member

Cute. My dh is 6 foot and my ds is 6'3". My son seems to be a bottomless pit sometimes. Though his diet isn't the best and he's heavier than he should be. Hopefully I can stick with this and show him it is possible to lose the weight.

Still didn't stick with Stillman's yesterday <slap> even though I wanted to. But the amount of food I ate was defnitely WAY down. I love the diminished appetite. I'm down to 222.2 this morning - a loss of 2.4 pounds from yesterday. Just need to be focused and not overeat at all!!

Have a great day!!

Toodles!
Lenise
Old 04-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #1064
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Cute. My dh is 6 foot and my ds is 6'3". My son seems to be a bottomless pit sometimes. Though his diet isn't the best and he's heavier than he should be. Hopefully I can stick with this and show him it is possible to lose the weight.

Still didn't stick with Stillman's yesterday <slap> even though I wanted to. But the amount of food I ate was defnitely WAY down. I love the diminished appetite. I'm down to 222.2 this morning - a loss of 2.4 pounds from yesterday. Just need to be focused and not overeat at all!!

Have a great day!!

Toodles!
Lenise
That is super results! Keep at it.
My fiancee is 6'5 and I am 5'8 so I know if we have a son or ( sons) they are going to be Monsters... so I better just start getting mentally prepared!
Old 04-21-2011, 09:56 AM   #1065
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Have a great day!!

Toodles!
Lenise
Wow, way to go!!! That is a great loss. I'm with you on needing to focus. I've had a rough week, but I'm back on track.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #1066
Senior LCF Member

I'm 5'8" too. My daughter is the short one of the family at 5'5 or 6" -- she's 15. My ds is 17 and still has some growing to do probably! He and my dh both wear size 14 shoes!!! Yikes!!!

I got both my books. The cookbook looks like it has recipes for qwl diet, inches off diet and stay slim plan. Guess what I'm going to be doing tonight!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #1067
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
CC, that picadillo sounds delicious ......I think I will try this weekend -the rice, beans and tomato paste and with ground turkey...I wonder if the tomato taste can be substituted with the tomato spicy mustard that I picked up at the store the other day? I found at Target this whole line of mustards with 0fat,0carbs and 5calories per serving with yummy flavors of spicy brown, chipotle flavor, spicy tomato flavor and a few others like honey mustard with 1 carb, but I didn't get that one....I think this would taste rather good with this...Also, of course I would add some jalapeno powder, paprika and other spices...I LOVE spicy, hot food....Thanks CC...

Well, I lost a lb...So I am officially 144...I notice that my weight loss comes around the beginning of the weekend of 2-3 lbs...That's ok to me...Just as long as I don't gain...I will talk to you all later..Take care...
Old 04-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #1068
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm 5'8" too. My daughter is the short one of the family at 5'5 or 6" -- she's 15. My ds is 17 and still has some growing to do probably! He and my dh both wear size 14 shoes!!! Yikes!!!

I got both my books. The cookbook looks like it has recipes for qwl diet, inches off diet and stay slim plan. Guess what I'm going to be doing tonight!!!
Me too
I made a chicken soup tonight !!
The book has tons of qwl recipes , wow !!
I'm eager to get going !
Old 04-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #1069
Senior LCF Member

Hello my friends.

I did get copies of my engagement photos.

I posted a brand new album under my photos, on my profile

There are tons, but I just posted my favorite ones.

These were taken this past Tuesday, 4/19/11

-Tanya
Old 04-21-2011, 11:09 PM   #1070
Senior LCF Member

Beautiful pics!!! You look perfect. Now I feel fat lol. That's how good you look
Old 04-22-2011, 04:21 AM   #1071
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Beautiful pics!!! You look perfect. Now I feel fat lol. That's how good you look
Thank you ICDI. I can see there is improvement but I'm still a ways from goal
Thank you for looking at them you are a good person
Old 04-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #1072
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hello my friends.

I did get copies of my engagement photos.

I posted a brand new album under my photos, on my profile

There are tons, but I just posted my favorite ones.

These were taken this past Tuesday, 4/19/11

-Tanya
Gorgeous, Tanya! You and your DF look amazing!
Old 04-22-2011, 02:36 PM   #1073
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
CC, that picadillo sounds delicious ......I think I will try this weekend -the rice, beans and tomato paste and with ground turkey...I wonder if the tomato taste can be substituted with the tomato spicy mustard that I picked up at the store the other day? I found at Target this whole line of mustards with 0fat,0carbs and 5calories per serving with yummy flavors of spicy brown, chipotle flavor, spicy tomato flavor and a few others like honey mustard with 1 carb, but I didn't get that one....I think this would taste rather good with this...Also, of course I would add some jalapeno powder, paprika and other spices...I LOVE spicy, hot food....Thanks CC...

Well, I lost a lb...So I am officially 144...I notice that my weight loss comes around the beginning of the weekend of 2-3 lbs...That's ok to me...Just as long as I don't gain...I will talk to you all later..Take care...

WTG on the loss! Those mustards sound really good...I'm going to have to check them out.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #1074
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymama View Post
Gorgeous, Tanya! You and your DF look amazing!
Thank you for the compliment !
Old 04-22-2011, 11:53 PM   #1075
Senior LCF Member

CC: The thing with the milk is that iodine 133 which is an isotope from the Fukushima nuclear power plants that have been melting down, has now crossed the entire north american continent depositing many different isoptopes such as strotium 90, uranium, cesuim all over our nation and in its food supply. Milk is heavily polluted with iodine 133 in ALL states. I have been researching for hours, days, and over a month on this subject, which is why I haven't been on line. Tillomock Cheese is still good to buy I found out today, because they have a 60 day hold on their age cheese, so it hasn't surpassed the March 11th fallout date. I am not sure what to do about the egg, meat situation. But large leafy veggies, cabbages, and lettuces grown outside need to be nixed from the diet as they soak up cesium like nothing! And anything that has been contaminated by rain, due to the fallout from the rain. It isn't just the west coast that now is contanminated. So, ladies, no cream in thy coffee, okay? I am going to purchase my meat from a butcher that can guarantee that its been butchered and frozen before March 11th, and then slowly savor every bit so as to last. I will eat sprouts that I will make at home using water from reverse osmosis. Anyway, that is the short of it... since you asked.... : ) And I lost all this weight so that I could finally have a salad! Oh well, a canned veggie salad maybe... yuck!
Old 04-23-2011, 12:03 AM   #1076
Senior LCF Member

This sums the food situation up; Radiation fallout from Japan affects food safety across North America | The Bovine
Old 04-23-2011, 12:09 AM   #1077
Senior LCF Member

There is a useful link that acts as a monitoring station and information hub to resources at enviroreporter.com This is out of west LA in Santa Monica. But the info hub is great, and there are links to info in the chat room. This was started after the nuclear meltdown from Fukushima. Unless I am specifically asked about detox, food info, etc... this will be the last doom and gloom post I make. But there you have it folks, for your own research adventures on the new enviroment we all have to deal with, for quite some time... Diet is something that we all can control, and our discipline to Stillman's will help us in the long run with the discipline we will need to detox and make wise food choices. So we are one up on the general public...
Old 04-23-2011, 05:34 AM   #1078
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
CC: The thing with the milk is that iodine 133 which is an isotope from the Fukushima nuclear power plants that have been melting down, has now crossed the entire north american continent depositing many different isoptopes such as strotium 90, uranium, cesuim all over our nation and in its food supply. Milk is heavily polluted with iodine 133 in ALL states. I have been researching for hours, days, and over a month on this subject, which is why I haven't been on line. Tillomock Cheese is still good to buy I found out today, because they have a 60 day hold on their age cheese, so it hasn't surpassed the March 11th fallout date. I am not sure what to do about the egg, meat situation. But large leafy veggies, cabbages, and lettuces grown outside need to be nixed from the diet as they soak up cesium like nothing! And anything that has been contaminated by rain, due to the fallout from the rain. It isn't just the west coast that now is contanminated. So, ladies, no cream in thy coffee, okay? I am going to purchase my meat from a butcher that can guarantee that its been butchered and frozen before March 11th, and then slowly savor every bit so as to last. I will eat sprouts that I will make at home using water from reverse osmosis. Anyway, that is the short of it... since you asked.... : ) And I lost all this weight so that I could finally have a salad! Oh well, a canned veggie salad maybe... yuck!
I am also very concerned about radiation in our food, but what will you eat when there is no longer a supply of meat, cheese, etc. that was made before March 11th? Homegrown sprouts are a great idea, but what about other things? I was planning to buy almond milk for my kids instead of the grass-fed, non-homogenized milk that they normally get, but it sounds like that wouldn't be safe either. I'm off to look at the link you posted, and thank you for the info!
Old 04-23-2011, 05:44 AM   #1079
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

remember to share recipes!
Quote:

144! Some recipes call for fresh tomatoes, less carbs? Dunno........
Quote:
TY!!!!!!!!! must read!

woke this morning to an inch of snow overnight and rain until midday.....another winter wardrobe day. Blech.

Happy Passover and Easter and blessed Ostara to all this weekend!

Off to ckeck coupons online for the weekly jaunt. The meat locker is getting a bit bare so I will be haunting the meat cases for markdowns.......BBL
Old 04-23-2011, 06:25 AM   #1080
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hi everyone!!

Tanya- What lovely pics!!! Thank you so much for sharing!! You are so beautiful!!

Im still going strong on meat! Havent weighed this week, but Im guessing the scales havent changed much. Went out to eat a few times and stuck with steak. At home its been ground turkey..

Please post some recipes from the cookbook!!!
Closed Thread