Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #991
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
You guys!! I just weighed myself and I'm 210!!! That was a 2 pound loss yesterday and a 2 pound lost today!!!! I am really surprised!!! Off to workout. Maybe I'll be back to say I lost another pound like always lol.
Thats awesome!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #992
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Yay on the loss ICDI!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #993
Major LCF Poster!

I am so tired today... I just had some fatty meat so hopefully I will perk up this afternoon and hopefully I will still lose today, I really want to be as close to 140 as I can by the weekend so if I overdo it on easter dnner it won't be so bad.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #994
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Quote:
You guys!! I just weighed myself and I'm 210!!! That was a 2 pound loss yesterday and a 2 pound lost today!!!! I am really surprised!!! Off to workout. Maybe I'll be back to say I lost another pound like always lol.
Yay! That is AWESOME!
Old 04-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #995
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
BFM, next time you go out remember that you can eat sushimi instead of sushi...You are doing well this morning..Stick to you plan and everything will go well....Water, Water, Water...
Thanks, PsychDoc! I knew I could have gotten sashimi, but I don't really like it, so I would have ended up getting the carb-laden sushi that is pretty much my favorite food in the whole world. Funny that I basically ended up getting sashimi (seared Ahi) at PF Chang's, except I would have been better off with plain sashimi and wasabi/soy sauce at the sushi place instead of the sweet sesame sauce at Chang's. Oh well.

Today is not going so great for me. I have been ravenous all day, and after eating 2 eggs, 3 slices of turkey bacon, and a bowl of shrimp, I was STILL hungry, so I decided to add some fat and made a cheese crisp, which I decided to put a little peanut butter on. Then I made another one. Then I still wasn't satisfied, so I had a bowl of Fage yogurt with walnuts and sliced up strawberries. That did the trick, but now I'm off track. I'm going to stay really lowcarb for the rest of the day and hopefully I won't be so hungry tomorrow and can get back to Stillman's. I've been drinking lots of water, but once my appetite came back, it came back with a vengeance.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #996
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
My sister is actually way better looking than me and super thin and everything, plus she has twins herself!
Twins run in our family..

I defiintely got the short end of the stick genetically, between the two of us

We arent identical, we are fraternal..so we look like normal sisters except she looks kind of like a frail model, and I am the more large, taller and athletic looking one.
My sister is actually way better looking than me....

honestly AKA, I can't imagine that. Put up a pic. She's the wimpy stick kid and your the fine toned and tawny momma.....i would have to say imagine her in that fine royal blue dress and the Laboutins and I'll bet you win that one.

My mom is a frat twin too. My aunt is a dead ringer for Kate Hepburn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
OK. Here goes.. If your crockpot is big enough..... I like to roll up a few aluminum foil balls, and place the chicken on top, like a platform. you'll still be able to get the chicken out whole if its not boiling in all those juices.

If you cant fit the alum, the chicken will still be delish, just kinda messy and falling/breaking apart. Season as you wish!

You can cook it frozen for 8 hrs, or thawed for 4-5..
Al, just throw it in, no liquids or spices??????? Gawd, I hate simple

but I did figure out what to do with all the shrooms....can you say Coq Au Vin...I cut up the chick and browned everything 'cept the breast which I am saving.........then tossed in three carrots half an onion a pound of shrooms and some garlic powder, rosemary and thyme. Covered in about a cup of pinot noir, she is sitting on the counter brewing for tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
BFM, next time you go out remember that you can eat sushimi instead of sushi...You are doing well this morning..Stick to you plan and everything will go well....Water, Water, Water...

Al that crockpot idea for a whole chicken sounds good...I wonder if you could do something similar with chicken breasts or should I stick with basting them in the over with chicken broth? Any ideas..I love experimenting with foods..It is kind of nice with the restrictions that we have and trying to make the foods edible without getting board...With all the different herbs, spices, condiments (not too many are available on plan), meats and eggs, it is so much fun making and building meals that are on plan, but delicious...It is kind of like a cooking contest....
oh babe you have no idea I am Emeril's lost twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I need some egg ideas! I don't like egg yolks but I have making myself eat them because the extra fat keeps me full and because I just can't give my dogs that many yolks, they would get fat haha

So I need an easily transportable egg idea I cannot eat another hard bolid egg but they are so handy haha, I tried making mini quiches and that wasn't bad but I got sick of them too.

I have 18 eggs in my fridge and I need to find something to do with them! I go through egg phases I either love them or hate them and right now I am in a hate phase lol
deviled eggs! Portable, acceptable by the masses, and Stillman friendly using greek yogurt and mustard instead of mayo!
Quote:
Onederland for you by May easily!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymama View Post
Thanks, PsychDoc! I knew I could have gotten sashimi, but I don't really like it, so I would have ended up getting the carb-laden sushi that is pretty much my favorite food in the whole world. Funny that I basically ended up getting sashimi (seared Ahi) at PF Chang's, except I would have been better off with plain sashimi and wasabi/soy sauce at the sushi place instead of the sweet sesame sauce at Chang's. Oh well.

Today is not going so great for me. I have been ravenous all day, and after eating 2 eggs, 3 slices of turkey bacon, and a bowl of shrimp, I was STILL hungry, so I decided to add some fat and made a cheese crisp, which I decided to put a little peanut butter on. Then I made another one. Then I still wasn't satisfied, so I had a bowl of Fage yogurt with walnuts and sliced up strawberries. That did the trick, but now I'm off track. I'm going to stay really lowcarb for the rest of the day and hopefully I won't be so hungry tomorrow and can get back to Stillman's. I've been drinking lots of water, but once my appetite came back, it came back with a vengeance.
ugh the evening out was a bummer. Back on the horse and ride back to ketosis! You can shake it off in no time!

ugh, still 40s and windy and raw, snow/sleet/raining again. Nothing prepped so two egg whites and one ounce smoked gouda (Boars Head........not great BTW) for lunch and that was it. I did have a handful of almonds at eleven, and some carrot stix at three but I think that's pretty good for today. I could eat but I'm not ravenous. So i won't.

Gotta go feed the barn cats so BBL
Old 04-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #997
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
I've been her a lot today which means I'm bored at work..I caught up on charts over the weekend and everything...I usually have a couple of days reprieve until I'm slammed again after a trough...

BFM, something that I did when I started Atkin's is to prepare in case of cravings or hunger..I did this in the beginning and then my appetite tapered off..The same thing happened when I began Stillman's a little over a month ago to continue and get to 'my' ideal weight..This time instead of preparing a great salad mix to stave these cravings or rolled processed turkey with cream cheese or asparagus, I make a few more chicken breasts or have ground turkey on stand by that just needs a fast warm up in the microwave..Tuna is always a back up that you can have waiting in the wings in emergency or, of course, the standby boiled egg..These items along with water should stave the cravings until you have worked the plan for awhile...Take care...
:
Old 04-18-2011, 06:47 PM   #998
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Hey

Does anyone have any good ground turkey recipes? Stillman friendly of course.

The next few weeks I have to get down and dirty, I am all about tuna and turkey, and grilled chicken.

I think I am going to turn into a turkey but whatever.

I need a few ideas on how to add some interest to the ground turkey. If I eat another bowl of ground turkey , I may just barf!

I did buy some fish and scallops tooo, but I want to hold off on those and keep it very simple this week. Turkey and Tuna for Tanya.

I need to see the scale move... I am getting nervoous, that 149 is holding strong...April 30 is approaching...ARGGHHH.

I stopped chewing sugar free gum...I've been chewing that every day since I started, and now I am finally giving it up...Today was really hard, my first day without gum.. I got anxious and fidgety like someone who had given up smoking.
I had a pack on my desk at work and I kept staring at it and imagining its delicious strawberry taste. I have no choice. If the weight wont keep moving, then I have to keep making changes... If I could just see 148.9, I would take it. 148.99999.

My fiancee has just made butter popcorn and I am pretty much about to kill him...
I am drinking water, studying for an exam, and trying to ignore the buttery and salty smells wafting through the HOUSE...

I think I am going to take a sleeping pill and put a pillow over my head....ugh, just been one of those days.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #999
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
My sister is actually way better looking than me....

honestly AKA, I can't imagine that. Put up a pic. She's the wimpy stick kid and your the fine toned and tawny momma.....i would have to say imagine her in that fine royal blue dress and the Laboutins and I'll bet you win that one.

My mom is a frat twin too. My aunt is a dead ringer for Kate Hepburn.

Al, just throw it in, no liquids or spices??????? Gawd, I hate simple

but I did figure out what to do with all the shrooms....can you say Coq Au Vin...I cut up the chick and browned everything 'cept the breast which I am saving.........then tossed in three carrots half an onion a pound of shrooms and some garlic powder, rosemary and thyme. Covered in about a cup of pinot noir, she is sitting on the counter brewing for tomorrow.

oh babe you have no idea I am Emeril's lost twin

deviled eggs! Portable, acceptable by the masses, and Stillman friendly using greek yogurt and mustard instead of mayo!

Onederland for you by May easily!!!!!!!!!!!

ugh the evening out was a bummer. Back on the horse and ride back to ketosis! You can shake it off in no time!

ugh, still 40s and windy and raw, snow/sleet/raining again. Nothing prepped so two egg whites and one ounce smoked gouda (Boars Head........not great BTW) for lunch and that was it. I did have a handful of almonds at eleven, and some carrot stix at three but I think that's pretty good for today. I could eat but I'm not ravenous. So i won't.

Gotta go feed the barn cats so BBL
CC-
my sister is so beautiful she makes me look like an old warlock
Its awful
but thats neither here nor there. Once I hit my goal weight, there will be nothing anyone can say! LOL
I have a sweet 2 carat diamond ring, my Masters degree coming in about 3 weeks, getting married about a month after that, I have a great job, a hot and loving guy, plus SOON a great figure.. A lot of people are about to hate me bad.
I shouldnt care at all about comparing myself to my sister or anyone else!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #1000
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

news flash...................princess Catherine rumored to use the Dukan diet!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stillmans only gussied up!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #1001
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
CC-
my sister is so beautiful she makes me look like an old warlock
Its awful
but thats neither here nor there. Once I hit my goal weight, there will be nothing anyone can say! LOL
I have a sweet 2 carat diamond ring, my Masters degree coming in about 3 weeks, getting married about a month after that, I have a great job, a hot and loving guy, plus SOON a great figure.. A lot of people are about to hate me bad.
I shouldnt care at all about comparing myself to my sister or anyone else!
I swear girl, yer getttin it but kindaslow wassuppwit the moneys no object
-ok we get it yer rich 2c ring goddblessya yer blessed but

there's a lot of baggage in those words

If ye are not willing to post pics and address opinion then ok wit us and
know we love you first
all will come out in time
and ye will be the finest amen
Old 04-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #1002
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ok to bed and sweet dreams I'm so tired gnite
Old 04-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #1003
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I swear girl, yer getttin it but kindaslow wassuppwit the moneys no object
-ok we get it yer rich 2c ring goddblessya yer blessed but

there's a lot of baggage in those words

If ye are not willing to post pics and address opinion then ok wit us and
know we love you first
all will come out in time
and ye will be the finest amen
hahah ok I will post a pic, right now

And money is an object with me...my fiancee has a bit more to work with. LOL
I still have to work, so if money truly wasnt an object I would a nice stay at home house wife, working out during the day and cooking and cleaning.

I have to bring home the $$$ too.. Now that I have my Masters, he is going to expect me to earn, earn, earn !! I have to carry my weight, so to speak! LOL

ok ok ok, enough jib jab..let me find a photo and in the mean time, I need turkey recipes!!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #1004
Senior LCF Member

Alright
I added one photo of my, my fiancee and my sister ( she is in pink)
Its in my album called Tanyas Progress

so there!
Old 04-18-2011, 08:27 PM   #1005
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 230.8/159.2/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 05/24/2011
Good evening! Just wanted to say hello and join in. I have done lcing before but just recently decided I had better start back. It's the only way I've been able to take off the weight and keep it of. Then why don't I do it???? lol

We are going on a vacation in three weeks to see family that we haven't seen in a couple of years. I am going to start Stillman's tomorrow to try to give myself a headstart.

I have @75 pounds total to lose. I'd like to lose as much as possible in the next three weeks. I ordered the qwl book on amazon tonight, so I should have it before the weekend. Just spending lots of time researching on the net tonight.

I started lcing last week but didn't stick with it over the weekend. My weigh in on the 11th was 227.8. My weigh in today was 225. Hoping for a good loss this next week!!

Toodles!
Lenise
Old 04-18-2011, 09:47 PM   #1006
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
ICDI yes you can..Congratulations!!

AG--Welcome Welcome..You will find an amazing group of people that are supportive and looking for support as well to maintain or get to their goals..

CC, yes it was stated a few months ago that both Catherine, her mom and her sister, Pipa (or whatever) have been doing that diet in preparation for the wedding..I could tell by past posts that you were an amazing cook...Your last recipe post of those stuffed mushrooms was amazing...Thx for that

Turkey recipes--well, I try to incorporate different things to the regular ground product as it is cooking..sometimes savory sage herbs, or lemon pepper, or rosemary/thyme..for a bbq kick I use liquid smoke, for cajun I use a few seasonings like paprika, a little bit of hot sauce, jalapeno powder, garlic/onion powder, there are a plethora of steak seasonings (just make sure they are 0 carbs and low sodium)...I try to get different herbs and spices for different flavors...Now you have a base of flavors you can make patties, throw it in omlettes (pre-cook it of course), meatloaf, meatballs...The list is endless...

Tuna-omlettes, you can make tuna patties(with egg, seasoning and non stick pan or add pam), mix with boiled eggs(with powder/onion mustard and a pinch of parmesan), quiche...this list is endless...you can mix tuna with cottage cheese (I've never done this because cottage cheese is not something texture wise that I appreciate in my mouth)...

Goodnight ladies...As Al would say 'Meat Dreams'

Last edited by PsychDoc3; 04-18-2011 at 09:59 PM..
Old 04-19-2011, 05:30 AM   #1007
Senior LCF Member

I am not what you would call a "Chef". I am just getting my feet wet in the kitchen. My fiancee is glad that I am cooking now but I am sure he is getting bored but is too afraid to say anything because he is just glad I am in the kitchen at all.
After years of working two jobs and going to school at night(since 2004), all I know is fast fixes and microwave style meals. Stillmans has forced me to prepare food and I think that is a great thing! It does suck having to prepare separate portions and side dishes for another person, instead of just making food for myself and sitting down to eat it.
I am glad I dont have kids, so at least I don't have to worry about that right at the moment ( as far as making food, but I definitely do want kids!)

I think I may try to do the turkey meatballs tonight with italian seasonings, and then fix a pasta side for "him"...

I've been working out more now and I am feeling more strained and more tired, but its the only thing moving the scale

Today's weigh in was 148.0.
I got the move I wanted..no complaints on that.

I got my tuna and mustard plus hard boiled egg to add, on hand at work today for lunch!

seems like when I eat a lot of tuna versus other meats, my weight moves...

I am going to try the tuna omelette PsychoDoc mentioned..sounds good..

Last edited by akagal20; 04-19-2011 at 05:35 AM..
Old 04-19-2011, 05:34 AM   #1008
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
Ii believe turkey has too many calories versus the tuna. How much turkey are you eating?
Old 04-19-2011, 05:37 AM   #1009
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ii believe turkey has too many calories versus the tuna. How much turkey are you eating?
I really dont eat much of anything when I eat it. it takes all I have in me to finish 1 can of tuna with 1 boiled egg and mustard

I am starting to get full really fast
For example, for dinner yesterday I made turkey burgers
I ate one with mustard and could barely make it through and I buy the ultral lean turkey that is literally white in color because its so lean

I notice that I do lose when I eat turkey or tuna, so either one for me produces a loss. I will stick with those for a little while, then go back to fish.
I see a loss with light fish too!
Old 04-19-2011, 05:52 AM   #1010
Senior LCF Member

I had a terrible day yesterday, and I ended up binging on quesadillas, toast, and a grilled peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwich. Oh, I was BAD. I was just so flipping hungry all day and I couldn't be satisfied. Today I feel like crap, like my blood sugar is wonky. I'm determined to stay on track today. I did SO well over the weekend, and then BAM, I'm off plan. Ugh. Ok, back to Stillman's. Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 04-19-2011, 06:02 AM   #1011
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I had a terrible day yesterday, and I ended up binging on quesadillas, toast, and a grilled peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwich. Oh, I was BAD. I was just so flipping hungry all day and I couldn't be satisfied. Today I feel like crap, like my blood sugar is wonky. I'm determined to stay on track today. I did SO well over the weekend, and then BAM, I'm off plan. Ugh. Ok, back to Stillman's. Hope everyone has a good day!
Butterfly!
ok yes, back on track today, for sure

my mouth is watering at your binge though
peanut butter, banana, honey ...oh man, I almost cant blame you!

Today is a new day ok. lets get at it!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:40 AM   #1012
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bphotomama3
Stats: 217/215/160
Start Date: April 17, 2011
Checking in!

So yesterday I was hard core and stuck to it!! I was even drinking lots of water and well... peeing alot too!! So this morning I got on the scale and down 2lbs!! WAHOO!! I have to work tonight so I am packing a lunch with some lemon pepper tuna and some water!! YAY!!

Have a wonderful Tuesday ladies!!
Old 04-19-2011, 10:21 AM   #1013
Major LCF Poster!

Man I do not want to lose weight right now! I am just in Maintenance mode, maybe I am just so lazy lately I don't even want to precook my food so I am gonna ride out this mood but I promised myself no binges! I am following something close to Dukans maintenance where I am allowed 2 treat MEALS a week not DAYS like I normally do, so hopefully I will maintain til the wekend is done and then I promise you ladies I will be back on track come Monday! If not feel free to guilt me into getting back on track, please.

If I get over 150 again I will cry, so far I have been maintaining between 146-149 (that was after a giant ice cream, cuz I saw my ex) so I am staying healthy and being good just maintaining, if I get higher than 149 I will jump back on even if it isn't Monday yet.

I am weird but when I get to a weight sometimes I just want to sit there for a couple weeks and live with it to see if I want to lose more, I am pretty sure I do but I will give it a few more days.

Last edited by Mar922; 04-19-2011 at 10:22 AM..
Old 04-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #1014
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Alright
I added one photo of my, my fiancee and my sister ( she is in pink)
Its in my album called Tanyas Progress

so there!
LOL

so, we have you on the left and sis on the right. What do we see?

I see Tanya, going with her natural good looks and a pretty dress. The only accessory she needs is her inner beauty and strength. Proud, generous and big hearted, her stature says she has nothing to hide, standing squarely to the camera, big smile and hair off the face.

And I see her twin who has been studying style, putting some thought into accessories and a good hair relaxer. The dangle earrings and necklaces along with the longer, straighter hair naturally draw the eye down, accentuating length and the vertical. She stands coyly sideways to the camera, the angle accentuating the cheek and brow, long locks grazing the cheekbone.

So she was having a better camera day, more accessories, and her hair is longer.
Hmmmmmmmm....strip off the glam and have both at the same angle and same hair, maybe your arms are a tad bigger or is it the camers?
A tie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
Good evening! Just wanted to say hello and join in. I have done lcing before but just recently decided I had better start back. It's the only way I've been able to take off the weight and keep it of. Then why don't I do it???? lol

We are going on a vacation in three weeks to see family that we haven't seen in a couple of years. I am going to start Stillman's tomorrow to try to give myself a headstart.

I have @75 pounds total to lose. I'd like to lose as much as possible in the next three weeks. I ordered the qwl book on amazon tonight, so I should have it before the weekend. Just spending lots of time researching on the net tonight.

I started lcing last week but didn't stick with it over the weekend. My weigh in on the 11th was 227.8. My weigh in today was 225. Hoping for a good loss this next week!!

Toodles!
Lenise
welcome and lots of support to your goal!
Quote:
I am not what you would call a "Chef". I am just getting my feet wet in the kitchen. My fiancee is glad that I am cooking now but I am sure he is getting bored but is too afraid to say anything because he is just glad I am in the kitchen at all.
After years of working two jobs and going to school at night(since 2004), all I know is fast fixes and microwave style meals. Stillmans has forced me to prepare food and I think that is a great thing! It does suck having to prepare separate portions and side dishes for another person, instead of just making food for myself and sitting down to eat it.
I am glad I dont have kids, so at least I don't have to worry about that right at the moment ( as far as making food, but I definitely do want kids!)

I think I may try to do the turkey meatballs tonight with italian seasonings, and then fix a pasta side for "him"...

I've been working out more now and I am feeling more strained and more tired, but its the only thing moving the scale

Today's weigh in was 148.0.
I got the move I wanted..no complaints on that.

I got my tuna and mustard plus hard boiled egg to add, on hand at work today for lunch!

seems like when I eat a lot of tuna versus other meats, my weight moves...

I am going to try the tuna omelette PsychoDoc mentioned..sounds good..
one of the most traditional and best gifts to a new bride....get yourself a copy of the Joy of Cooking at a yard sale if you don't get one. It is still the go to American standard, even after forty years. Cookbooks come and go, the internet is loaded with DIY recipes but the ones here are tried and true.

Quote:
Today is a better day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bphotomama3 View Post
So yesterday I was hard core and stuck to it!! I was even drinking lots of water and well... peeing alot too!! So this morning I got on the scale and down 2lbs!! WAHOO!! I have to work tonight so I am packing a lunch with some lemon pepper tuna and some water!! YAY!!

Have a wonderful Tuesday ladies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Man I do not want to lose weight right now! I am just in Maintenance mode, maybe I am just so lazy lately I don't even want to precook my food so I am gonna ride out this mood but I promised myself no binges! I am following something close to Dukans maintenance where I am allowed 2 treat MEALS a week not DAYS like I normally do, so hopefully I will maintain til the wekend is done and then I promise you ladies I will be back on track come Monday! If not feel free to guilt me into getting back on track, please.

If I get over 150 again I will cry, so far I have been maintaining between 146-149 (that was after a giant ice cream, cuz I saw my ex) so I am staying healthy and being good just maintaining, if I get higher than 149 I will jump back on even if it isn't Monday yet.

I am weird but when I get to a weight sometimes I just want to sit there for a couple weeks and live with it to see if I want to lose more, I am pretty sure I do but I will give it a few more days.
whatever works! we all need a break sometimes.

Last edited by CCGirl; 04-19-2011 at 11:06 AM..
Old 04-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #1015
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
LOL

so, we have you on the left and sis on the right. What do we see?

I see Tanya, going with her natural good looks and a pretty dress. The only accessory she needs is her inner beauty and strength. Proud, generous and big hearted, her stature says she has nothing to hide, standing squarely to the camera, big smile and hair off the face.

And I see her twin who has been studying style, putting some thought into accessories and a good hair relaxer. The dangle earrings and necklaces along with the longer, straighter hair naturally draw the eye down, accentuating length and the vertical. She stands coyly sideways to the camera, the angle accentuating the cheek and brow, long locks grazing the cheekbone.

So she was having a better camera day, more accessories, and her hair is longer.
Hmmmmmmmm....strip off the glam and have both at the same angle and same hair, maybe your arms are a tad bigger or is it the camers?
A tie.

welcome and lots of support to your goal!

one of the most traditional and best gifts to a new bride....get yourself a copy of the Joy of Cooking at a yard sale if you don't get one. It is still the go to American standard, even after forty years. Cookbooks come and go, the internet is loaded with DIY recipes but the ones here are tried and true.

Today is a better day!

whatever works! we all need a break sometimes.
CCGirl, its so funny reading your wordy description of me and my sister, and its clear that you are saying she looks better. I know that. There is no point in my putting up a photo. I have had 28 long years to figure it out.
She is more glam girl, I am more tomboy. Always have been
I am about 30 to 40 lbs heavier than her on any given day. Granted I am slimmer now than I was in that photo, I was at a fairly heavy weight there.
My sister doesnt even go to the grocery store without dangle earrings, full makeup and heels.
I don't believe it all that. I am more comfy in tennis shoes and athletic clothes and a ponytail.
When I do wear fancy shoes, its once or twice and then they sit in the closet until one of my friends comes to borrow ( they always come to borrow!)..

She is into fashion, trends, make up. I try, but am just a poser, trying. Deep down, I am not very fashionable or trendy at all.

I figure what I can do is get my weight down, and let the rest work itself out!

Last edited by akagal20; 04-19-2011 at 11:52 AM..
Old 04-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #1016
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the support, everyone! Today is a new day, albeit a really, really crummy one. The good news is that I'm on plan today and doing fine with my food. I waited until 3:00 to eat anything, and I honestly do better that way. The bad news is that my day started out with a huge fight with DH, then I left and got into a minor car accident, then I came home and got my blood work results and found out that I'm classified as "pre-diabetic" and my insurance company is making me take some BS 2 hour class about diabetes and nutrition. My mom has type 2, and I've seen the ridiculous nutritional advice they gave her, so I am SO not interested. Ugh. At least this really motivates me to stay away from sugar and carbs and get my butt to the gym. I do not want diabetes. My fasting glucose was perfect, but I was just a tiny bit above normal ranges in the other tests they ran, so I know I can stop it with diet (THIS diet) and exercise. Sigh. I feel like crawling under a rock. I hope everyone else is having a good Tuesday!
Old 04-19-2011, 12:55 PM   #1017
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks for the support, everyone! Today is a new day, albeit a really, really crummy one. The good news is that I'm on plan today and doing fine with my food. I waited until 3:00 to eat anything, and I honestly do better that way. The bad news is that my day started out with a huge fight with DH, then I left and got into a minor car accident, then I came home and got my blood work results and found out that I'm classified as "pre-diabetic" and my insurance company is making me take some BS 2 hour class about diabetes and nutrition. My mom has type 2, and I've seen the ridiculous nutritional advice they gave her, so I am SO not interested. Ugh. At least this really motivates me to stay away from sugar and carbs and get my butt to the gym. I do not want diabetes. My fasting glucose was perfect, but I was just a tiny bit above normal ranges in the other tests they ran, so I know I can stop it with diet (THIS diet) and exercise. Sigh. I feel like crawling under a rock. I hope everyone else is having a good Tuesday!
That is some big time motivation right there

Sorry about the minor car accident. goodness, thats just awful

However, the plus is you know the diet can help you , and exercise is just icing on the cake (ummmm cake)

You can do this.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #1018
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
CCGirl, its so funny reading your wordy description of me and my sister, and its clear that you are saying she looks better. I know that. There is no point in my putting up a photo. I have had 28 long years to figure it out.
She is more glam girl, I am more tomboy. Always have been
I am about 30 to 40 lbs heavier than her on any given day. Granted I am slimmer now than I was in that photo, I was at a fairly heavy weight there.
My sister doesnt even go to the grocery store without dangle earrings, full makeup and heels.
I don't believe it all that. I am more comfy in tennis shoes and athletic clothes and a ponytail.
When I do wear fancy shoes, its once or twice and then they sit in the closet until one of my friends comes to borrow ( they always come to borrow!)..

She is into fashion, trends, make up. I try, but am just a poser, trying. Deep down, I am not very fashionable or trendy at all.

I figure what I can do is get my weight down, and let the rest work itself out!
No, I am so NOT saying that!

She looks better in the photograph but she is not better lookingthan you.

You both have the right equipment, she just presents better at that certain moment!

Beleive me, when you get happy with your body the fashionista will be revealed.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:27 PM   #1019
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
That is some big time motivation right there

Sorry about the minor car accident. goodness, thats just awful

However, the plus is you know the diet can help you , and exercise is just icing on the cake (ummmm cake)

You can do this.
D2 is not a good thing.......but eating like a diabetic should is very healthy. Motivation abound!

Hope things with DH clean up good...and tell me if you need anything for the car, I do auto parts for a living.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #1020
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
I did not lose weight today so i am going to a little higher carb. I am not going to over do it on the calories. Let's hope i lost 2 pounds again.
Closed Thread