Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 08:07 AM   #871
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Had lots of turkey the last few days, and Im still dabbling in cream from time to time. Nothing new or interesting to report, 'cept I lost a pound!

Its funny..AKAGAL loves even numbers, and I'm all for odd!!! I need to see 127 stat!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2011, 09:05 AM   #872
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
So how was it?
It was ok, nothing special
I wouldd rather have just been at a movie or something
Old 04-16-2011, 09:15 AM   #873
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CoCo
Stats: Ex: 175/157/135
Start Date: June 11th 2012
Hello to all you stillies,
Here I am with my knees schuffed up and my nose bleeding because I fell off the stills waggin. I ate carbs. I'm so ashamed and really mad at myself. I am going to have some veggies this weekend and them start back up on Monday.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #874
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Glad to hear about all the losses...

Firstly, ICDI, your shish kabobs look incrdible! I can invision a nice mustard based worchester sauce to accompany them..Delicious and a great idea for the foreman grill...I'm hoping you see less than 213!

AkaGal-I just read your request..Sorry so late, but I make my egg drop soup similar to Mar but without the dairy and I use chicken breast, canned crab meat or shrimp...I add a dash of pepper, onion/garlic powder...Nice refreshing and filling without lots of calories and of course lean..Glad to hear that your night was great..I guess you could have drank anything that is a liquor (without carbs)..Our resident cavewoman drinks wine on occasion without it affecting her downward trend..I don't consume -OH, but those are some suggestions...

I guess you are getting your gobble on Al..I'm having ground turkey as well all weekend..I started with 2 boiled eggs with mustard and garlic powder this am..You are doing excellent..You are at the range I want to maintain at 128-132..That would make me very happy...You are doing fantastic!!!

I hope you have a great and relaxing weekend with you family GT...If you eat a nutella dough ball, remember me...

Happy Birthday BFM! Enjoy your day..Remember LIFE happens and don't be ashamed at having a good time on your special day...I had Indian food on mine last October and didn't think anything of it since I had been doing so well on Atkins at the time..I didn't even gain any weight so enjoy YOU and celebrate YOU!!!

Mar/GT and AkaGal I love oatmeal, but I haven't eaten any since the end of 2009..But one thing I love more than oatmeal is Malt-O-Meal..I love that with butter, a little cinnamon, milk and sugar..I use to love love love that combination..That and Grape Nuts with milk are my favorite breakfast or anytime foods..Fortunately, I haven't eaten any in soooo long.....Malt O Meal sounds so yummy at the moment..I'll enjoy my ground turkey and imagine malt o meal...

CoCo the most important thing is that you have caught yourself and recognize what you should do and you are going to implement a plan to move forward...Jump back on the wagon and apply some bandages to your wounds...Use a little antibiotic cream and you will be ok...Cat, you can do it to...It's good that you are working out your issues...We all have them or else we wouldn't be here...

.I ate some no carb 2g fat mexican cheese that I found two days ago...It stopped my wobbly 146/145 and landed me at 145 on the nail...I hope you all have a good losing weekend..Take care..
Old 04-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #875
Senior LCF Member

Hey all!!

I just has canned crab meat for the first time

Yum yum !

I'm going to find recipes for crab meat
Love it but it's expensive , oh well I'm buying it

I went out last night to the party and didn't drink , I feel good that I didn't because I still have a long way to go! It was tough because we were in VIP with open bar! The waitress brought me diet cherry Coke in a high ball glass so I could fake the funk :$

My fiancé said I'm looking thin and shouldn't lose anymore and I told him I'm not at the goal. He knows that!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 10:56 AM   #876
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Hey all!!

I just has canned crab meat for the first time

Yum yum !

I'm going to find recipes for crab meat
Love it but it's expensive , oh well I'm buying it

I went out last night to the party and didn't drink , I feel good that I didn't because I still have a long way to go! It was tough because we were in VIP with open bar! The waitress brought me diet cherry Coke in a high ball glass so I could fake the funk :$

My fiancé said I'm looking thin and shouldn't lose anymore and I told him I'm not at the goal. He knows that!!!
Im gonna have to get me some crab too! Steak and crab. Thats what I want!

Tanya, WTG on avoiding the drinks. I dont know how you did it!! Seriously, open bar!! But I especially like that you set out with a goal and didnt let anything get in your way!! YOU ROCK!

One thing to remember about Stillmans and spirits : 2 drinks equals 4 cause we have nothing in us to soak it up! I love being a cheap date.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:02 AM   #877
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
I guess you are getting your gobble on Al..I'm having ground turkey as well all weekend..I started with 2 boiled eggs with mustard and garlic powder this am..You are doing excellent..You are at the range I want to maintain at 128-132..That would make me very happy...You are doing fantastic!!!
Thank you so much!!! You'll be there in no time!!! gobble gobble..heheh

Theres something about ground turkey that is sooo good to me. I love it. I love the little crispies. I love it more than ground beef. I dont get tired of it, thank goodness. I rotate between the 94% and the 83%. NOw nothing compares to a good steak, but turkey is my #1 go to meal!!! Who needs Grapenuts when we can have a big bowl of turkey!!
Old 04-16-2011, 11:06 AM   #878
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Im gonna have to get me some crab too! Steak and crab. Thats what I want!

Tanya, WTG on avoiding the drinks. I dont know how you did it!! Seriously, open bar!! But I especially like that you set out with a goal and didnt let anything get in your way!! YOU ROCK!

One thing to remember about Stillmans and spirits : 2 drinks equals 4 cause we have nothing in us to soak it up! I love being a cheap date.
I look forward to having drinks when I to to LA for my bachelorette weekend , I won't need too many to have a good time

Vodka / water and then a water in between each one !

And stillmans friendly food all that weekend , I've already told my friend

I have until June 4 to be awesome but I want to get to 140 before may 14th
Old 04-16-2011, 11:22 AM   #879
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo View Post
Here I am with my knees schuffed up and my nose bleeding because I fell off the stills waggin. I ate carbs. I'm so ashamed and really mad at myself. I am going to have some veggies this weekend and them start back up on Monday.
Dont feel bad coco! Im just so glad you came back here and your ready to jump back in!!!!

Same for the others too!! It takes a lot of courage to come back and a heck of a lot of strength to get right back to Stillmans!!! My cheats turn into weeks so you girlies are awesome for getting right back to business.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:24 AM   #880
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Theres something about ground turkey that is sooo good to me. I love it. I love the little crispies. I love it more than ground beef. I dont get tired of it, thank goodness. I rotate between the 94% and the 83%. NOw nothing compares to a good steak, but turkey is my #1 go to meal!!! Who needs Grapenuts when we can have a big bowl of turkey!!
I love ground turkey !
Old 04-16-2011, 11:31 AM   #881
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
I look forward to having drinks when I to to LA for my bachelorette weekend , I won't need too many to have a good time

Vodka / water and then a water in between each one !

And stillmans friendly food all that weekend , I've already told my friend

I have until June 4 to be awesome but I want to get to 140 before may 14th
Oh you are gonna have a blast!!! You can also add Crystal Light to that for a refreshing twist!! I dont think I could handle vodka/waters..

You are already awesome, but will be awesomer!!! Woohoo!! the awesomest!! full of awesomeness!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #882
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh you are gonna have a blast!!! You can also add Crystal Light to that for a refreshing twist!! I dont think I could handle vodka/waters..

You are already awesome, but will be awesomer!!! Woohoo!! the awesomest!! full of awesomeness!!!
Oh yes, I plan to add crystal light !
Old 04-16-2011, 12:01 PM   #883
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Al,I rotate between fat content as well when it comes to ground turkey and ground beef..I try to get ground beef as lean as possible, but it is so hard to fry up with very little fat..I can make meat balls and meat loaf far better with ground beef with a higher percentage than with ground turkey..But ground turkey taste better in quiche than ground beef..I try to make it interesting...Oh, AkaGal, add a few sprigs of cilantro to the egg drop..It makes it so fresh...

Question...I noticed that after eating the mexican cheese with a little fat, my weight went down and will hopefully continue in that direction...The question is, do any of you do that on a supposed plateau? Eat a little something higher in fat and see what happens the next day? Does that constitute a cheat even though you ate something on plan, but with a higher fat content?

By the way...I had to go to the store and look at grapenuts the other day..I have such great memories of grapenuts at home and when I was in college...It was the perfect breakfast or snack for me then..Oh the memories..Thank goodness I can think and visualize without partaking...
Old 04-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #884
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymama View Post
Good morning! I hope everyone is having a fabulous, relaxing weekend. I'm taking the day off of Stillman's for my birthday. Started off the day with 2 cups of coffee with, GASP, 1/2 & 1/2! I might even have eggs cooked in butter for breakfast. Definitely keeping it lowcarb, but I want to enjoy myself today and not freak out over having a salad or some veggies. The scale has been stuck for a few days anyway, so I'm thinking a day off might even help me start losing again when I get back to Stillman's. Hoping that the Atkins day doesn't make me GAIN, but boy, I'm looking forward to some fiber and fat. Have a great Saturday, everyone!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:37 PM   #885
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I want shish kabobs and a banana!!! what spices go on the meat, icandoit?
Oh yeah that meat looked scrummy!!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:38 PM   #886
Big Yapper!!!!

Eating salmon, BTW!!! Well it's better than tuna!!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:39 PM   #887
Big Yapper!!!!

Al, do I see you've dropped another pound!? Go you!!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:41 PM   #888
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Had lots of turkey the last few days, and Im still dabbling in cream from time to time. Nothing new or interesting to report, 'cept I lost a pound!

Its funny..AKAGAL loves even numbers, and I'm all for odd!!! I need to see 127 stat!
My question answered! and
Old 04-16-2011, 12:43 PM   #889
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo View Post
don't feel bad. Just get back up and start again. We've all been there. It does get easier, promise.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #890
Big Yapper!!!!

Pysch-whyyyyy did you bring up the Nutella balls!!!!!! Nope, haven't had any--and don't intend to!!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #891
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh and what's Malt a Meal? Sounds def something I'd like!

Do you guys get Ovaltine chocolate? And the choc drink? Yuuuuuuummmm!!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #892
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Looooove the stufff!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #893
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok peeps, enough with the foood that I don't have!!!! What are grapenuts??
Old 04-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #894
Big Yapper!!!!

Psych-lots of people rotate the fat and it seems to work, for most. I have to keep it really lean, I gain with the fat!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #895
Big Yapper!!!!

Went shopping-bought size 2 tshirts---sooooo happy!!! And I've been completely on plan and have no desire to cheat whatsoever!!? Yay!!
Old 04-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #896
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Went shopping-bought size 2 tshirts---sooooo happy!!! And I've been completely on plan and have no desire to cheat whatsoever!!? Yay!!
Heck yeah !

Great progress

I do want a biscuit Right now but I'm just tired and need to go nap
Let the feeling pass
Old 04-16-2011, 02:49 PM   #897
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
Question...I noticed that after eating the mexican cheese with a little fat, my weight went down and will hopefully continue in that direction...The question is, do any of you do that on a supposed plateau? Eat a little something higher in fat and see what happens the next day? Does that constitute a cheat even though you ate something on plan, but with a higher fat content?
How did you just eat a little mexican cheese?!?!

I cant realy answer your questions but I have different reasons for adding fat. Since I am going strictly meat, long-term, I have to include fat. A meat diet (or zero carb) can be perfectly healthy, but the only way to get the proper nutrients my body needs is to eat protein+fat. When I am eating properly, I feel amazing. Energy, great mood, able to conquer anything. WHen I go too many days lean, I start to feel sluggish, weak, tired, cranky. Thats my sign I need to up the fat. My scale is slow going this time around, but Im OK with it because the weight is coming off steady, and Im not jeopardizing how I feel. What I find most valuable here is that my body is dictating what I need and not my emotions/cravings.

So, I think that adding the fat does slow rapid weight loss, but wont hinder your great results in any way as long as you are not including carbs. and I mentioned before, the fat gets things moving, so a pound down could be from that! Its a win/win!!

We had an amazing member, Sharon, who lost weight with the quickness. Like 60 pounds in 4 months!!! She used to add fatty meats and coconut oil. But veggies, not. Perhaps she could have done better (i feel nuts even saying that because her results speak for themselves), but I think thats pretty good results for feeling great the whole time. Becky used to use coconut oil too to break a stall, but eventually she gave it up. That chica had some awesome results too and included ribeyes now and then. (Hi Becky!!)

Ramblin now and going off topic cause Im on a roll...lol

Fat will satisfy the urge to cheat, and I highly suggest adding it before diving into anything else! GT takes another stance. When she's not feeling up to par on Stillmans, she likes to add veggies. (But I'll always stay true to encouraging her to add fat. ) She is very good at controlling her portions and doesnt get the aftermath cravings from the veggie carbs that some of us do.

I am also in agreement on adding real cheese (no singles!) If you guys are still seeing results, eat it up, just not too much. The cheese and cream, I find, produce cravings for more cheese and cream, so too much will halt weight loss. You have to test to find that perfect amount.

Yes, with fat, it's considered a Stillmans cheat, since we are supposed to be eating lean, but Stillmans wasn't meant to last forever. He never gave a limit on eggs though, and those have fat too, so technically it shouldt be a cheat if we get fat somewhere else. I say, lol, that you dont have to declare a cheat if your meat has a little fat. (penciled that one in with some of the others. )

I ramble because Stilmans is a crash diet. Very hard to follow but will produce quick loss. what was once just a strong desire , for me to be skinny and do anything necessary to get there, has really turned into a desire to feel good too. What good am I if Im skinny but too tired or cranky to live life, right?

sigh..i talked too much again..
Old 04-16-2011, 02:49 PM   #898
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Eating salmon, BTW!!! Well it's better than tuna!!
YUM!
Old 04-16-2011, 02:52 PM   #899
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Awesome GT!!!!! Ive never seen a t-shirt with a number size. that must mean XXXS!!
Old 04-16-2011, 02:54 PM   #900
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh and what's Malt a Meal? Sounds def something I'd like!

Do you guys get Ovaltine chocolate? And the choc drink? Yuuuuuuummmm!!
I dont know what malt-o-meal is either...

My kids drink Ovaltine, cause its supposedly got vitamins!
Closed Thread