Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #811
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Congrats Amelie and ICDI..
I just knew that after mentioning that sandwich, Al would be the first to jump in!! I notice however that you wanted to MODIFY it to make it more Stillman friendly...The ground beef that they use would obviously not be as low in fat that we use in our lifestyle and the added items that they use in the meat would probably not be so Stillman friendly..I love the turkey burger idea to incorporate into this and you can use extra lean jenny o turkey bacon..I get this all the time...Every slice has .5g of fat and no carbs..It's pretty good and a great substitute for me since I don't eat pork...Low in sodium as well...It is odd, however, that they try it in the Japanese market before somewhere that actually eats those products in that way like here..

I understand your ideology, CC and I agree...There are few, however, that can do what you or I or others can do on this thread wholeheartedly...Everyone has a different want/need factor...I am very strict and disciplined and acknowledge that lean meats are certainly better for my body in acquiring and maintaining my goals..I know for myself, I love cheese and putting cream in my coffee..Do I miss it at the moment? No..Do I want to put it back into my diet without feeling miserable? Yes, on occasion....

CC, tomato and tomahto is right, but there is no one here trying to castigate or convince you..We agree, it is just some, realistically, will not be able to maintain this 6 days out of the week on maintenance without just a little treat...Some need salad or carrots or other items in the maintenance plan which is a modified Stillman's and others do not and want those things...I'm just looking at immediate and long term plans for people..Not everyone will stick to it..Just an observation from my lurking before participating...But that's life...BTW, the mushroom appetizer sounds devine..Good move exchanging the parm for moz chesse....

No, I am not a fast typer CC by any means...I look at the key board mostly as I type....I'm sllooowww...

Last edited by PsychDoc3; 04-13-2011 at 07:52 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #812
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/230.2/150 Female 5’ 7'
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
good lord girl, where the heck are you that it's not bedtime soon?

WTG 214!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm in TN but I'm a night owl! I just came back from college too
Old 04-13-2011, 08:25 PM   #813
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Ok, i don't think i should have joked about having a tummy bug tomorrow! It's 4.20am here and I've just been pucking my guts up for the last 2hrs. I think I must have eaten rotten tuna or something. Or maybe the chicken in the canteen. Anyway, yuk. And I've to get uo in 2hrs-I've to teach at 8. Oh the ironry!!!!!! Oh and my face is all swollen from pucking-i know I always want a chubbier face-hmm now i'm not to sure! Ok gonna try and get some sleep. I saw something about a meat monster coming to the US-i shall read properly tomorrow!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 04-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #814
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Ok, i don't think i should have joked about having a tummy bug tomorrow! It's 4.20am here and I've just been pucking my guts up for the last 2hrs. I think I must have eaten rotten tuna or something. Or maybe the chicken in the canteen. Anyway, yuk. And I've to get uo in 2hrs-I've to teach at 8. Oh the ironry!!!!!! Oh and my face is all swollen from pucking-i know I always want a chubbier face-hmm now i'm not to sure! Ok gonna try and get some sleep. I saw something about a meat monster coming to the US-i shall read properly tomorrow!!
My tummy is hurting just reading this !!
Rotten tuna? Possibly , ugh that sounds awful
I hate puking , yuck, sorry about that bug there dear
Old 04-13-2011, 10:35 PM   #815
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 173/180/120
WOE: Atkins72 five days/Stillmans 2 days
Start Date: November 1st, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
I think I lost two pounds today.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:12 AM   #816
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
I'm on a roll- after I weighed myself I did again after a while and got 214.2. I feel like singing! I don't know if it's because TOM came or if I cheated the other day. Please let me lower tomorrow!!

Off to clean- have lots to do!!
Look at her!!! She is so doing it!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:50 AM   #817
Senior LCF Member

Tanya's Rant

Ok first thing : Getting sandwiches without the bun at fast food places
Last night , prior to gym- I did not have a safe snack and felt lightheadef andi knew I could not work out unless I ate something. I went to the fast food place to get a grilled chicken sandwich and it was expensive and I was so mad ! I get the sandwich and it smells so good ! The bun is hot and it sure feels soft and warm in my hands. I start to frown . I get rid of the bun and am staring at this oily looking chicken Breast, and I don't want any part of it! I had 30 minutes before my kickboxing class started and I knew it was going to be a standoff between me and the sketchy chicken with oil and fatty pieces!!
Literally I closed my eyes , like a psychopath, and ate about half then threw the rest out. I chugged a ton of water and hoped for the best

Eveything turned out ok but I think I'm going to avoid fast food places unless pure emergency !

Ok now for the good, my scale has loosened up on me!
A semi-woosh ! I think my working out again and trimming back fat is getting the loss chugging .
I am 149.6 as of this morning
I haven't seen a 14# in a long long time !

Every day Stillmans gets easier , just like you all said
Results motivate me
I'm not starving myself nor am I killing myself at the gym

This plan just plain works !!

I am going to be a star in my photos on Monday, with no worries

I am obsessed with Stills!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 08:19 AM   #818
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Good morning, everyone. Unbelievably, the scale was down another 2 pounds this morning, so I've lost 8 of the 10 pounds I gained last month. I have to be honest, I am mostly fasting and eating one Stillman's "meal" (if a hardboiled egg or a little chicken counts as a meal ) per day, so that's why the weight is coming off so fast this week. I'm listening to my body though, so if I feel like I really need to eat, I will. I'm feeling good, actually. Drinking TONS of water, and I've been going to bed early every night, so I'm rested and not dragging like I was before.

I think I just needed to jump start the weight loss since it was just not happening on Atkins. My big challenge this weekend is going to be my birthday on Saturday. I *might* do Atkins that day so I can have some veggies or salad and fat, but I'm not sure. I'm definitely not going to cheat though!

Congrats to those of you who are seeing the scale move down. AK, way to go on the 140's!!! GT, I hope you're feeling better. How crazy that you jinxed yourself about the stomach bug. Hope it passes quickly! Thanks again to everyone for welcoming me to the group.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:56 AM   #819
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
OH MY GOSH! WHEN IS THE MEAT MONSTER COMING TO THE US????!?!?!

picking myself off the floor...dusting off....
And Europe!!!! Wow is it huuuuuuuge!! What a big mouth ya'd need!!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:57 AM   #820
Big Yapper!!!!

Butterlfy--yay on the loss!!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:58 AM   #821
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay on the loss Amelie!!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #822
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay on the loss ICDI!!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:01 AM   #823
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
Start Date: Feb 2011
Hi Guys!

I finally have time to write more than one sentence today!

CC- Most of the snow is gone because we had a couple days of rain snd then it was 15C for a couple days too but the last 2 days the temp has dropped below 0 and we may be expecting flurries... so nothing is growing yet but hopefully the weather gets nice again as I am freezing!

AL- way to go on being below 130!

AKA- in the 140's! I hit was so excited when I hit that weight!

GT-Sorry you are sick, feel better soon

Psychdoc- I love your posts, and I am also happily sitting at 146!

ICDI- you are losing like crazy!

Butterfly- 8 pounds this week!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:02 AM   #824
Big Yapper!!!!

I enjoyed Tanya's rant!!!!

Yay on the loss!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:04 AM   #825
Big Yapper!!!!

Feeling better today-totally wrecked and boy do I look it! Have only drunk tea all day!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:05 AM   #826
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anniebell
Stats: 183.2/172/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: March 2011
Good morning all! Or is it afternoon yet?

Congrats on all the great losses!! We have some great results lately!!

I'm down .8 today. I can see the 160s, I hope I get there next week. That's my goal!

Work has been crazy and yesterday I found out I will be traveling all week on an emergency project. Any travel tips for stills would be much appreciated! Now I have to call the people to schedule the meetings. I hate the phone so much I'm totally anxious about these phone calls. The people I'm calling don't know that I will be calling or that their employer has asked me to set up these meetings. So I'm sure to get resistance from them. Ugh. I just need to get it over with. I really want some chocolate!

I hope everyone is having a good day!

Annie
Old 04-14-2011, 10:05 AM   #827
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Mar!!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:06 AM   #828
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Annie!!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:09 AM   #829
Major LCF Poster!

So I have been testing maintenence this week, because I have been busy and just grabbing take out and its easier to follow more of an atkins, 14 day shape up and its not going so bad mostly I have just been adding veggies and a few berries. I have finally kicked the coffee using green smoothies which have 3-6 cups of spinach, 1 cup of almomd milk (only 1 carb for a cup!!!!) some berries or 1/5 of a banana and almond butter, without the banana and halving the almond butter I might keep this shake when I get back onto stills fully just because I love it and it isn't that high in carbs.

I have still been doing stills when I have time to precook my chicken etc so I have lost 2 pounds since my binge weekend putting me at 146 this week which isn't too bad.

Hopefully I will have time after this week to get back on stills 97% (I need that 3% for my smoothie) and will start losing again or I am toying with the idea of continuing what I am doing for a couple more weeks just to see if I can do maintenance, by just eating clean and no grains!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:22 AM   #830
Big Yapper!!!!

Downloaded Dr. Dre and Eminem-I need a Doctor----hmmm think I should have gone for the 'clean' version!!!

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 04-14-2011 at 10:23 AM..
Old 04-14-2011, 10:26 AM   #831
Big Yapper!!!!

That smoothie sounds good!! I keep hearing about Almond Milk, been to afraid to try it, cos I tried soya milk and I swear I nearly threw up!!
Yay on the loss! And yup I think you've pretty much got maintenance covered!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:37 AM   #832
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
That smoothie sounds good!! I keep hearing about Almond Milk, been to afraid to try it, cos I tried soya milk and I swear I nearly threw up!!
Yay on the loss! And yup I think you've pretty much got maintenance covered!
I was scared to try it too cuz i don't like soy milk but I like it, I have even had it on cereal which I could never do with soy.

I just want to try it and see if I can keep doing it, one thing I figured out is if I start eating fruit and grains then I juist want more sugar but I think that has something to do with the grains more than the fruit, something with spiking my blood sugar or something because I can eat a huge meal and then I just want to keep eating, whereas with stills I know when to stop and once I have eaten I am done until the next meal I don't need a continuous buffet of food in front of me haha
Old 04-14-2011, 11:13 AM   #833
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Thursday brings good news for all..
Congrats on weight lose AkaGal, ICDI, Mar, AB, BFM..Fantastic!!!

AkaGal-No problem with ranting..It amazes me that I, like some of us, use to eat those grilled chicken sandwiches and all those other sandwiches from many of these fast food restaurants and never really inspected the meat portion as we do now..Back then I was more interested in the bread and the sauces and the veggies..I was also more interested in the fries and the vanilla milkshake...I use to get the crispy chicken sandwich and now, I won't even breath on it let alone lift it to my mouth..Rants are ok Rant on....BTW, congrats on the 140s...It makes your goals with this task seem so close to being achieved..I'm so proud of you

GT- Glad you are feeling sooo much better..It is never good to be sick for your own party..I hope you have a fantastic day...

BFM-WTG you Doesn't it feel good?! Nothing wrong with eating chicken and eggs..Why today before going to work I took that chicken breast that I cooked with broth in the oven per Milo's suggestion and broke it up in little pieces...I took the broth and made egg drop soup and added some of the chicken pieces..I ate lunch early because I wanted to taste it..Yummy...Keep on going for your goal!!

AB-Congrats..Steady weight lose wins the race to your desired weight...On a road trip maybe tuna pouches, boiled eggs, (in the Atkin's era I would have suggested nuts but not now), you can even take some oven roasted/boiled chicken breasts...These are pretty good options on the road...Happy Trails...

Mar-Your plan sounds good..Your smoothie sounds scrumptious..I hope you stay inside in the warmth

Today is a busy day for me, but I took some time this morning to make the chicken egg drop soup and it was good and seasoned well...Take care all and have a productive day
Old 04-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #834
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Thursday brings good news for all..
Congrats on weight lose AkaGal, ICDI, Mar, AB, BFM..Fantastic!!!

AkaGal-No problem with ranting..It amazes me that I, like some of us, use to eat those grilled chicken sandwiches and all those other sandwiches from many of these fast food restaurants and never really inspected the meat portion as we do now..Back then I was more interested in the bread and the sauces and the veggies..I was also more interested in the fries and the vanilla milkshake...I use to get the crispy chicken sandwich and now, I won't even breath on it let alone lift it to my mouth..Rants are ok Rant on....BTW, congrats on the 140s...It makes your goals with this task seem so close to being achieved..I'm so proud of you

GT- Glad you are feeling sooo much better..It is never good to be sick for your own party..I hope you have a fantastic day...

BFM-WTG you Doesn't it feel good?! Nothing wrong with eating chicken and eggs..Why today before going to work I took that chicken breast that I cooked with broth in the oven per Milo's suggestion and broke it up in little pieces...I took the broth and made egg drop soup and added some of the chicken pieces..I ate lunch early because I wanted to taste it..Yummy...Keep on going for your goal!!

AB-Congrats..Steady weight lose wins the race to your desired weight...On a road trip maybe tuna pouches, boiled eggs, (in the Atkin's era I would have suggested nuts but not now), you can even take some oven roasted/boiled chicken breasts...These are pretty good options on the road...Happy Trails...

Mar-Your plan sounds good..Your smoothie sounds scrumptious..I hope you stay inside in the warmth

Today is a busy day for me, but I took some time this morning to make the chicken egg drop soup and it was good and seasoned well...Take care all and have a productive day
Can I be directed to the Egg Drop Soup recipe?
is It in this month's Thread ?

Thanks
Old 04-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #835
Major LCF Poster!

I just make my own egg drop soup with chicken breast cooked in chicken broth and some hot sauce and then add an egg and some skim milk cheese right before I eat it.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #836
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Good evening, ladies! What did everyone eat today? I had black coffee (with a few drops of stevia), 2 chicken tenders cooked in broth (thanks for that tip!)with dijon mustard, and I just made egg drop soup (thanks for that tip as well!) for dinner (2 eggs, broth, ginger, chives). Then I was really craving *something*, so I had about a half cup of Fage fat free yogurt with a little stevia. I am hoping the yogurt doesn't cause me to gain or affect my rate of loss, but I worked hard in yoga tonight and was feeling quite hungry. Now it's just water, water, water until bed.

I'm still a little nervous about Saturday/my birthday. I know I'll be fine most of the day, and I already know I'm having grilled fish and maybe some veggies for dinner, but I am worried that the cake will be too much temptation (and there will be cake because there will be 3 little girls EXPECTING CAKE). I'm wondering if I should make myself a LC cheesecake or something so I can have a "birthday treat" without totally derailing my efforts. Knowing myself though, I would probably eat like 4 servings of it. :blush: What to do, what to do?

Hope everyone had a great day! TGIF tomorrow, woohoo!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:50 PM   #837
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/230.2/150 Female 5’ 7'
I cheated with a apple, cereal and popcorn. I only had small amounts and will be cheat free Friday. I am not expecting a gain Come on 213
Old 04-15-2011, 04:32 AM   #838
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Amélie
Funny I cheated with a banana today. And melon.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:25 AM   #839
Major LCF Poster!

I always find the cheats funny, where it used to be ice cream and nachos now its fruit or a small amount of carbs. Those are healthy cheats so I have decided those ones are ok haha
Old 04-15-2011, 07:44 AM   #840
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
Funny I cheated with a banana today. And melon.
Banan and melon sounds like SO wonderful right now

I think if I were to cheat right now, I would cheat with Oatmeal with a bit of cinnamon on top, plus a banana chopped up in slices.

I would also like sugar cereal with milk! yeah!!

ok , time to be depressed! LOL
Closed Thread