Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #781
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
seriously..if I could have anything right now, it would be a carrot.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2011, 02:36 PM   #782
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I am really tired. I think I may close my eyes for a while...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Maybe Im metabolising so much fat on the inside that my body needs to rest! crossing fingers xxx
That's it!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #783
Big Yapper!!!!

Just found out tomorrow night I've to go to the leaving party for the foreign students I was teaching-which involves dinner. No.1, I wana pack!! And No.2, I hate going to restaurants and No3, I hate eating in front of people I don't know! Aaaaagh!!! Looks like I'm gonna wake up with a tummy bug tomorrow morning! My usual excuse!

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 04-13-2011 at 02:44 PM..
Old 04-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #784
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
I remember on my previous " calorie counting" Diets I would eat carrots all the time and complain!
What do you know? Now I would chop off someones head just to smell a carrot!
How things change , dont they?

I do like not having to count calories on stillmans, that was such a chore!
Old 04-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #785
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am in total agreement with the hotness factor, Tanya! Good thing your puttin a ring on it!
Al-
its so funny. Men tell him that I am a great catch and women tell me that he is a great catch! So I guess we are just equal catches then...except right now, I am the only one with a ring and a pretty one at that!

He is happy I am on stillmans, because he was getting tired of me complaining about my weight!
Now we are taking action.

I am proving to everyone that just because you are in a relationship doesnt mean you have to gain " love weight"...well, ok so I did gain it, but then you can lose it too

Lovers can lose..that ought to be my new slogan...
Old 04-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #786
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Just found out tomorrow night I've to go to the leaving party for the foreign students I was teaching-which involves dinner. No.1, I wana pack!! And No.2, I hate going to restaurants and No3, I hate eating in front of people I don't know! Aaaaagh!!! Looks like I'm gonna wake up with a tummy bug tomorrow morning! My usual excuse!
Good excuse!

I had to do some detective work in regards to my moms bday dinner this weekend. I found a place that I new had fresh fish, and then convinced everyone to go there.
The original place was SOUL FOOD ( mashed potatoes, corn bread, rice, waffles, fried chicken, creamed corn, fried onions, and fried pickles!!) ahahah, I was able to work my magic and get them all to agree to another place...close call... I was having a panic attack...if not, I will use your trick GT, STOMACH BUG baby!!
Old 04-13-2011, 03:47 PM   #787
Big Yapper!!!!

Was it wrong that I was literally drooling reading the soul food menu????? Stuff the fresh fish-I want fried onions!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #788
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh and mashed potatoes!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 03:52 PM   #789
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My eyes watered up while I was writing it
I would love fried air right now , whatever!

Time to go cry and try on pants , then let the feeling pass
Old 04-13-2011, 05:05 PM   #790
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Brilliant!

It seems as though everyone is doing excellent! It's nice to hear...FYI, if I don't mention your name it is not because I am not paying attention..I try to read everyone's comments and respond accordingly..

To all the joiners on this little part of the LCF, congratulations on beginning your new you! It is such a wonderful treat to let us be apart of this extraordinary lifestyle change whether it is for a wedding (ITM), to get over a plateau from another diet plan, or to be a true cavewoman like our resident Al...Welcome Welcome Welcome...

ICDI--Congrats on the lose You are doing marvelous, and I hope you are feeling better...

Al-Steak and Chicken and Pork Chops..I haven't received my invite yet...

AkaGal-It is so nice that you are happy with your finacee..Of all the trials and tribulations that we go through in life, it absolutely wonderful to have a support mate by your side...Soul food..I'm glad you were able to negotiate away from that establishment...I will not get on my soapbox about the negligence of people and their health, but I read this article today about a new burger that will be introduced in Japan by Burger King called the Meat Monster which includes the following: 2 hamburger patties, a chicken breast, 2 slices of cheese, 3 pieces of bacon, lettuce, tomato and onion (just as bad as that bohemoth Double down burger from KFC..seemed a disgusting idea then and now)...I realize that we consume a lot of meat on our lifestyle change, but our preparation is completely different and the calorie count here is astronomical...Amazing! And I didn't even mention the bun...

CC--A combination of your mushroom talk with those delicious appetizers and Al's talk about Ground beef and Whopper's made me want some extra fat..I made a huge patty today for lunch (day off from work)...I got on the scale just because of my obsession about 3 hours later and was the same 146 that I have been for the last few days..However, it is later in the day, so hopefully that will be lower in the morning?! I have no idea..What I do know is that ground beef patty sure was good . I've never baked one before and it turned out beautifully and seasoned well..

Milo-I hear you on weight lose..We need to feel confident that we are doing well and let our biochemistry working in our liver do it's thing in our body...Well said..Also, I put your chicken breast in broth to use tonight and it smells like Thanksgiving stuffing in my apt..I'll let it cool down and put it in the fridge for tomorrow..Yummy..I'm full from lunch so, it will be eaten tomorrow...

BFM-Congrats on your reduction! It's easy to cycle up and down as I am reading..It is another thing to actually really take charge and stick to it this time and I commend and support your efforts...I did Atkin's for the first part of my weight lose and took a 3 month break to make sure I could control and maintain myself before continuing forward, but switched plans..It is a struggle, but not one that you cannot overcome..Congratulations on your first step

Maintenence--Many are discussing this which is good because ultimately we will settle at our 'idea' weight and will have to make some choices about how to maintain all of the efforts that we invested..How you decide to maintain is up to you..Remember that there will be times when you do not eat as you would normally due to LIFE!! Be honest with yourself and choose your 'cheats' wisely..You cannot expect everything to be perfect..You must be realistic with your plan and not as restrictive as you are now..Yes, the majority of the time you will be eating the way that is best for your body whether it be Stillman's or a modified plan, South Beach, Atkins in it's various forms, OMG HCG, Dukan's, EFGT, WW or any of the other ones..Your long term goal has to be something practical for you and you alone..What works for others might not for you and vice versa...It is wise to start thinking now about what plan you will want then..Make a list as to what foods you really enjoy on a daily or semi-daily basis and build from there..If you know you like vegetables, you better have a plan to start introducing them into your diet gradually so you don't start to gain weight..If you like cheese, do this as well along with other staple things that you miss..You have to be practical with your dietary needs and desires, but also those extras that are not so good for us..I don't consider liking cookies or chocolate or chips or any of these other things 'bad' per se..They are wants. There is nothing wrong with a Cadbary Creme Egg(right GT)...It is how many and for how long you consume them is the problem..We all must learn moderation and self control..Yes we are getting a handle on our eating and getting to a good weight for our health..That's great..But common..Should anyone eat the amount of meat that we eat on a daily basis? We have to get some control on that as well..Moderation is key..We are eliminating certain unnecessary items in our lives thus helping us get to a regular weight, but moderation and controlling amounts is still a struggle that we have to overcome..We all have this struggle which is why we have found each other in this media..Let's make sure to understand each other and support each other where ever we are on this journey..Take care everyone..
Old 04-13-2011, 05:08 PM   #791
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
215 and TOM is even here
woot woot WTG!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
grillin as much as I can! steak, chicken, and tomorrow is pork chops. Havent had those in a while...

I've used the "Montreal Chicken Seasoning" on my chicken. Its pretty good.
mmmmmm pork chops, must get some.....grillin' season already? Seems like we just packed up the back porch only yesterday....long winter coma
Quote:
You made dukan sound simple. I always thought there was more thought involved, but now it actually sounds quite doable. thx!

are carrots in his list of unlimited veggies..if so, Im game.
Al should we call ya Bugs? as in Bunny lol?
Quote:
carrot lust
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
I remember on my previous " calorie counting" Diets I would eat carrots all the time and complain!
What do you know? Now I would chop off someones head just to smell a carrot!
How things change , dont they?

I do like not having to count calories on stillmans, that was such a chore!
and such a non working equation glad that crap is in the past.....oh the low fat low cal merry go round that makes you fatter, so glad I got off that ride!

Quote:
its so funny. Men tell him that I am a great catch and women tell me that he is a great catch! So I guess we are just equal catches then...except right now, I am the only one with a ring and a pretty one at that!

He is happy I am on stillmans, because he was getting tired of me complaining about my weight!
Now we are taking action.

I am proving to everyone that just because you are in a relationship doesnt mean you have to gain " love weight"...well, ok so I did gain it, but then you can lose it too

Lovers can lose..that ought to be my new slogan...
love it!.............love weight hahahahaha too funny!
Quote:
Good excuse!

I had to do some detective work in regards to my moms bday dinner this weekend. I found a place that I new had fresh fish, and then convinced everyone to go there.
The original place was SOUL FOOD ( mashed potatoes, corn bread, rice, waffles, fried chicken, creamed corn, fried onions, and fried pickles!!) ahahah, I was able to work my magic and get them all to agree to another place...close call... I was having a panic attack...if not, I will use your trick GT, STOMACH BUG baby!!
mmmmmmmm soul food.......collard greens.........also one of my favorite movies!

Girls, before you get the 'bug' to get out of one day off plan, think about the non food issues.

GT, those students obviously love you enough to throw a dinner for you, Aka that was a good move, but by not showing up you are trading memories that can never be recovered for one day, just one meal, off plan.
Who knows? Tomorrow they could be on the plane that has the air traffic controller asleep in the tower (yep, another one tonight, in Vegas)

I'm just sayin'........life is too short. Kiss your pets, hug your kids, call your mom, tell your SO that you love them.

(that's my tag line in my ebay auctions)
Old 04-13-2011, 05:13 PM   #792
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Was it wrong that I was literally drooling reading the soul food menu????? Stuff the fresh fish-I want fried onions!!!
stuff the fish WITH the onions!
Quote:
miss them.....but I like my thighs better without
Quote:
My eyes watered up while I was writing it
I would love fried air right now , whatever!

Time to go cry and try on pants , then let the feeling pass
naw, don't cry, smile at your bad self in those new jeans!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #793
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
It seems as though everyone is doing excellent!

To all the joiners on this little part of the LCF, congratulations on beginning your new you! It is such a wonderful treat to let us be apart of this extraordinary lifestyle change whether it is for a wedding (ITM), to get over a plateau from another diet plan, or to be a true cavewoman like our resident Al...Welcome Welcome Welcome...

ICDI--Congrats on the lose You are doing marvelous, and I hope you are feeling better...

Al-Steak and Chicken and Pork Chops..I haven't received my invite yet...

AkaGal-It is so nice that you are happy with your finacee..Of all the trials and tribulations that we go through in life, it absolutely wonderful to have a support mate by your side...Soul food..I'm glad you were able to negotiate away from that establishment...

I will not get on my soapbox about the negligence of people and their health, but I read this article today about a new burger that will be introduced in Japan by Burger King called the Meat Monster which includes the following: 2 hamburger patties, a chicken breast, 2 slices of cheese, 3 pieces of bacon, lettuce, tomato and onion (just as bad as that bohemoth Double down burger from KFC..seemed a disgusting idea then and now)...I realize that we consume a lot of meat on our lifestyle change, but our preparation is completely different and the calorie count here is astronomical...Amazing! And I didn't even mention the bun...

CC--A combination of your mushroom talk with those delicious appetizers and Al's talk about Ground beef and Whopper's made me want some extra fat..I made a huge patty today for lunch (day off from work)...I got on the scale just because of my obsession about 3 hours later and was the same 146 that I have been for the last few days..However, it is later in the day, so hopefully that will be lower in the morning?! I have no idea..What I do know is that ground beef patty sure was good . I've never baked one before and it turned out beautifully and seasoned well..

Milo-I hear you on weight lose..We need to feel confident that we are doing well and let our biochemistry working in our liver do it's thing in our body...Well said..Also, I put your chicken breast in broth to use tonight and it smells like Thanksgiving stuffing in my apt..I'll let it cool down and put it in the fridge for tomorrow..Yummy..I'm full from lunch so, it will be eaten tomorrow...

BFM-Congrats on your reduction! It's easy to cycle up and down as I am reading..It is another thing to actually really take charge and stick to it this time and I commend and support your efforts...I did Atkin's for the first part of my weight lose and took a 3 month break to make sure I could control and maintain myself before continuing forward, but switched plans..It is a struggle, but not one that you cannot overcome..Congratulations on your first step

Maintenence--Many are discussing this which is good because ultimately we will settle at our 'idea' weight and will have to make some choices about how to maintain all of the efforts that we invested..How you decide to maintain is up to you..Remember that there will be times when you do not eat as you would normally due to LIFE!! Be honest with yourself and choose your 'cheats' wisely..You cannot expect everything to be perfect..You must be realistic with your plan and not as restrictive as you are now..Yes, the majority of the time you will be eating the way that is best for your body whether it be Stillman's or a modified plan, South Beach, Atkins in it's various forms, OMG HCG, Dukan's, EFGT, WW or any of the other ones..Your long term goal has to be something practical for you and you alone..What works for others might not for you and vice versa...It is wise to start thinking now about what plan you will want then..Make a list as to what foods you really enjoy on a daily or semi-daily basis and build from there..If you know you like vegetables, you better have a plan to start introducing them into your diet gradually so you don't start to gain weight..If you like cheese, do this as well along with other staple things that you miss..You have to be practical with your dietary needs and desires, but also those extras that are not so good for us..I don't consider liking cookies or chocolate or chips or any of these other things 'bad' per se..They are wants. There is nothing wrong with a Cadbary Creme Egg(right GT)...It is how many and for how long you consume them is the problem..We all must learn moderation and self control..Yes we are getting a handle on our eating and getting to a good weight for our health..That's great..But common..Should anyone eat the amount of meat that we eat on a daily basis? We have to get some control on that as well..Moderation is key..We are eliminating certain unnecessary items in our lives thus helping us get to a regular weight, but moderation and controlling amounts is still a struggle that we have to overcome..We all have this struggle which is why we have found each other in this media..Let's make sure to understand each other and support each other where ever we are on this journey..Take care everyone..
PD, for me,the outrage, IMHO, is the bun, The continuing conspiracy that grains and carbs are healthy is the true lie here. For me....the sandwich is actually healthy. Calories don't count anymore, amen. And meat is really all we need.
And I don't need moderation anymore because I'm not eating things that will make me fat or sick. I will not be eating sugar or carbs on a regular basis. If life happens and I do, it will be a treat then back to plan.

tomayto, tomahto......

Again, just my opinion.......

And, you must be an awesome fast typist cos your posts are so big, I wish I could really type, not fake type looking at the keys....
Old 04-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #794
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Amélie
I think I lost two pounds today.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:42 PM   #795
Blabbermouth!!!

OH MY GOSH! WHEN IS THE MEAT MONSTER COMING TO THE US????!?!?!

picking myself off the floor...dusting off....
Old 04-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #796
Blabbermouth!!!

CC- The address bar is the search bar now.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:45 PM   #797
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al I'm with you.........show me the monster!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #798
Blabbermouth!!!

I am so gonna make my own meat monster...
Old 04-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #799
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Al I'm with you.........show me the monster!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:56 PM   #800
Blabbermouth!!!

For a Stillman Friendly Meat Monster: just sub turkey burgers, plain unfried chicken breast, one slice o fat free turkey bacon, and a dollop of cottage cheese!

that wont be on my menu anytime soon..

Last edited by aleriaaa; 04-13-2011 at 06:57 PM..
Old 04-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #801
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
I think I lost two pounds today.
I hope so.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:59 PM   #802
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh, divine! Must try this!

yep I figured the search bar is the address bar which sux, cuz I don't want to search for wevsites just webpage content.........back to IE8 I am I am.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #803
Blabbermouth!!!

The only thing its missing is an egg!! Its beautiful....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meat monster.jpg (2.3 KB, 60 views)
Old 04-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #804
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe : Ina Garten : Food Network
137 reviews - 1 hr 30 mins

16 extra-large white mushrooms
5 tablespoons good olive oil, divided
2 1/2 tablespoons Marsala wine or medium sherry
3/4 pound sweet Italian sausage, removed from the casings
6 scallions, white and green parts, minced
2 garlic cloves minced
2/3 cup panko crumbs
5 ounces mascarpone cheese, preferably from Italy
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
2 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop them finely. Set aside. Place the mushroom caps in a shallow bowl and toss with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and Marsala. Set aside.

Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage, crumbling it with the back of a wooden spoon. Cook the sausage for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until it's completely browned.
Add the chopped mushroom stems and cook for 3 more minutes.
Stir in the scallions and garlic and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the panko crumbs, stirring to combine evenly with all the other ingredients.
Finally, swirl in the mascarpone and continue cooking until the mascarpone has melted and made the sausage mixture creamy. Off the heat, stir in the Parmesan, parsley, and season with salt and pepper, to taste, Cool slightly.

Fill each mushroom generously with the sausage mixture. Arrange the mushrooms in a baking dish large enough to hold all the mushrooms in a snug single layer. Bake until the stuffing for 50 minutes, until the stuffing is browned and crusty.

I will be deleting the panko crumbs (overrated) and marsala. May possibly sub cream cheese for the mascarpone (can't stand the stuff) or deleting as well. ill use sweet Texas onions instead of scallion (spring onion). Using mozzerella instead of parmesan.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #805
Blabbermouth!!!

I would never be able to bite into a sandwich like that though. Deffy a knife and fork meal...... but the mixture of burger, chicken and bacon in every bite sounds soooo good. (and cheese)

I used to mix chicken chunks in my ground beef. In my mind, I was cutting down on the fat, but getting more flavor. I will definitely be adding some bacon soon. 10 more pounds to bacon!!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:09 PM   #806
Blabbermouth!!!

and just one more thing before I go to bed....the meat monster has cured my cravings for carrots. Thank you psychdoc!!!!!!!

Meat Dreams Everyone.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:11 PM   #807
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL an egg on the monster! We could do a breakfast monster..........

the Breakfast Meat Monster which includes the following:

2 turkey breakfast sausage patties, 1 slice canadian bacon, 2 slices of cheese, 1 egg, 3 pieces of bacon, salsa and onion
Old 04-13-2011, 07:13 PM   #808
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I would never be able to bite into a sandwich like that though. Deffy a knife and fork meal...... but the mixture of burger, chicken and bacon in every bite sounds soooo good. (and cheese)

I used to mix chicken chunks in my ground beef. In my mind, I was cutting down on the fat, but getting more flavor. I will definitely be adding some bacon soon. 10 more pounds to bacon!!
LOL I'll bet you didn't know (GT back me up here) in Germany when they see American tourists eating pizza with their hands they are horrified.......knife and fork all the way.

yeah screw carrots show us the monster good nite all!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #809
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/230.2/150 Female 5’ 7'
I'm on a roll- after I weighed myself I did again after a while and got 214.2. I feel like singing! I don't know if it's because TOM came or if I cheated the other day. Please let me lower tomorrow!!

Off to clean- have lots to do!!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:20 PM   #810
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good lord girl, where the heck are you that it's not bedtime soon?

WTG 214!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread