Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 08:49 AM   #751
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I often wonder why I have never gotten through a real maintenance session, but Im looking forward to it. You are already slim, and like I was a year ago, I ate a bunch of bad stuff, then hopped back on Stills to remedy it and then kept bouncing back and forth until I gained 40 pounds. It may not be like this for you, but when I was 113, I knew I could afford to eat whatever I wanted, then I would come back to my senses and have to lose the couple pounds I gained. Once I got the taste of the bad stuff it was too much fun to stop.

Im approaching this waaaay differently this time around. The key thing, after I get to goal is to find a controlled and healthy meal plan. Stillmans is a crash diet and if we dont get a hold of our urges to overeat carbs, we will be on this rollercaoster forever. I am going to be counting on my friends here to help me through maintenance because it is gonna be harder than anything.
I'm still a couple months away from maintenance, but I'm also thinking about a plan for life after Stillman's. No matter what way of eating I'll be following, I know that I will continue to drink A LOT of water. For me, water with a pinch of salt kills cravings, and constant daily water intake suppresses my desire to overeat. I'm also considering incorporating Stillman's into my maintenance plan. The Dukan Diet is very similiar to Stillman's - it's 3-10 days of Stillman's, followed by alternating days of Stillman's & Stillman's + unlimited vegetables until you get to your goal weight. Then when you get to goal, you slowly start incorporating more foods until finally you're at maintenance. On Dukan maintenance, you can eat whatever you want, but you must eat pure protein (Stillman's) one day a week. If eating one day of Stillman's every week for the rest of my life guarantees that I'll maintain my goal weight, I'm in!

Ooh, I thought I'd share with ya'll my new favorite way to cook chicken breast. I put frozen chicken breast in a casserole dish, cover it with chicken broth, and then put it in the oven for the amount of time/temperature listed on the bag instructions. About halfway through the cooking time, I'll flip it over. It stays moist this way, and is much easier to eat plain. Broth is also good for sauteing ground turkey in.

What meat is everyone else eating, and how are you preparing it?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #752
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Oooh aka, stunning! So much for the budget LOL and soooo worth it!
Loooove royal blue on brunettes! Just like Princess Catherine! And the RL ruffle rip off, too cool.....I like Express, moreso years ago then now...

we know where we get our good taste!

yay! Mine booked her flight finally, May 23-June 6.

LOL, dontcha wish hunnys came with a remote and a mute button?

I just don't like the search pane gone from the upper right. Seems a bit faster tho.
I find that the clothes at Express are meant for younger girls, I think, or more truly thin thin girls ( i.e. NOT ME).. However I found this dress and was very happy with the fit and the quality of the fabric and the cut..I am picky about necklines and how the waist fits. My fiancee has a polo shirt near the same color for our photos and I think it will look good..
And with all the money I am saving on not drinking and not going out to eat, I have a bit to work with to buy a few new items...The diet is good for a lot of things!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #753
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
LOL it's so closer to lunchtime kitties and I shared a steak.........

had ground turk for lunch yesterday

going tto make some party food for a friend of mine who comes to the woods every spring for a big girls weekend in up by the lake past our house. She brings a wine and I make piles of food for lunch and for her to take up to the ladies.

So I am making italian sausage stuffed mushrooms topped w/mozzerella and five pounds of hot wings. I thought I'd do the wings today as they're better the second day anyway and shrooms tomorrow.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:20 AM   #754
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
I'm still a couple months away from maintenance, but I'm also thinking about a plan for life after Stillman's. No matter what way of eating I'll be following, I know that I will continue to drink A LOT of water. For me, water with a pinch of salt kills cravings, and constant daily water intake suppresses my desire to overeat. I'm also considering incorporating Stillman's into my maintenance plan. The Dukan Diet is very similiar to Stillman's - it's 3-10 days of Stillman's, followed by alternating days of Stillman's & Stillman's + unlimited vegetables until you get to your goal weight. Then when you get to goal, you slowly start incorporating more foods until finally you're at maintenance. On Dukan maintenance, you can eat whatever you want, but you must eat pure protein (Stillman's) one day a week. If eating one day of Stillman's every week for the rest of my life guarantees that I'll maintain my goal weight, I'm in!

Ooh, I thought I'd share with ya'll my new favorite way to cook chicken breast. I put frozen chicken breast in a casserole dish, cover it with chicken broth, and then put it in the oven for the amount of time/temperature listed on the bag instructions. About halfway through the cooking time, I'll flip it over. It stays moist this way, and is much easier to eat plain. Broth is also good for sauteing ground turkey in.

Milo-

Great idea with the broth!
I am SO stealing that idea.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:22 AM   #755
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
I find that the clothes at Express are meant for younger girls, I think, or more truly thin thin girls ( i.e. NOT ME).. However I found this dress and was very happy with the fit and the quality of the fabric and the cut..I am picky about necklines and how the waist fits. My fiancee has a polo shirt near the same color for our photos and I think it will look good..
And with all the money I am saving on not drinking and not going out to eat, I have a bit to work with to buy a few new items...The diet is good for a lot of things!
Express is their more casual line (like RL green label) and Limited is their highline (RL Blue label) these days I'm finding that everyone's just copying RL so why not wear the real deal?

your honey's not wearing a jacket and tie? Throw a jacket over him maybe? Or you just want to show his buff self off, too........I KNEW it!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:23 AM   #756
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

might try the slow cooker for the frozen breast and broth.....set and forget! Easy. Some girls throw in a pack of onion soup mix, too.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:26 AM   #757
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Express is their more casual line (like RL green label) and Limited is their highline (RL Blue label) these days I'm finding that everyone's just copying RL so why not wear the real deal?

your honey's not wearing a jacket and tie? Throw a jacket over him maybe? Or you just want to show his buff self off, too........I KNEW it!
Yeah, I am not crazy about Ralph Lauren to the point where I wouldnt settle for a knock off that cost less, but I do like certain looks and the quality of RL. I am not dedicated to one label or another, so I just pick what I like. For these photos I was looking for a very very specific look, so I was lucky to find what I did for a reasonable price.

The photos will be casual, and I think my fiance would kill me if I said he had to stand outside for hours in the Texas heat doing a photo shoot in a jacket and tie!
I am lucky he has agreed to wear a tuxedo for the wedding. I can't push it!
However, you are right, my fiance is extremely hot and good looking and every thing, blah blah, so he could wear a paper sack and still look like a million bucks. I have to get in shape just to match him properly!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:36 AM   #758
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I put a few photos of he and I in my profile album labeled "Tanyas Progress"..
Old 04-13-2011, 10:37 AM   #759
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
He's hot! and he must be tall if he towers over you like that and you are 5'8, I am officially jealous haha
Old 04-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #760
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O girl he is fiiiiine! Such a beautiful warm smile!

I'm not dedicated to one label but I am picky about them. Love CKJeans and DKNY, the Limited and Guess.

shoes Jessica Simpson, Coach, Nine West, Calvin Klein, RL. I don't think I could afford the Laboutins! They are smokin' hot tho!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #761
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
He's hot! and he must be tall if he towers over you like that and you are 5'8, I am officially jealous haha
Mar!

OMG, Thanks!

I hope your day is going well and the diet is on target!

He is actually 6'5... A gentle Giant

-Tanya
Old 04-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #762
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
O girl he is fiiiiine! Such a beautiful warm smile!

I'm not dedicated to one label but I am picky about them. Love CKJeans and DKNY, the Limited and Guess.

shoes Jessica Simpson, Coach, Nine West, Calvin Klein, RL. I don't think I could afford the Laboutins! They are smokin' hot tho!
CC_

Thank you, I will not tell him about the compliments because that would just blow his head right up! ( ha ha)

I love Jessica Simpson and Coach too!

I am glad you posted this.. I am having a stressful day and was on the verge of hitting up the vending machine..nothing good there....but now I can spend more time thiniking about clothes and shoes! LOL and not chips and booze!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #763
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Mar!

OMG, Thanks!

I hope your day is going well and the diet is on target!

-Tanya
My day is going well and I am right on target! I have been busy at work and that is when I usually check in, but I have been lurking haha

Wow 6'5 is super tall!
Old 04-13-2011, 11:13 AM   #764
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/178/130
WOE: medifast/Atkins
Start Date: June 11th 2014
Hello Stillers,
I am in ketosis, I'm not hungry, I have no plan to eat today until I feel hunger. I Lost two pounds. I I I I I. Sorry for all the I's. I guess it sounds better than me me me me. I'm really not a narcissist. I'm just happy today.

Have a great day ladies.....Let's lose lose lose.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #765
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Oooh I always get clothes from places for younger girls!!
Old 04-13-2011, 11:26 AM   #766
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
So I am making italian sausage stuffed mushrooms topped w/mozzerella
Yummmmm!!
Old 04-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #767
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Oh he's definitely a hottie! You make one sizzling couple!!
Old 04-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #768
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

-Tanya
wow!!
Old 04-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #769
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Hello Stillers,
I am in ketosis, I'm not hungry, I have no plan to eat today until I feel hunger. I Lost two pounds. I I I I I. Sorry for all the I's. I guess it sounds better than me me me me. I'm really not a narcissist. I'm just happy today.

yay on the loss!!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #770
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
I am in total agreement with the hotness factor, Tanya! Good thing your puttin a ring on it!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:26 PM   #771
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
LOL it's so closer to lunchtime kitties and I shared a steak.........

had ground turk for lunch yesterday

going tto make some party food for a friend of mine who comes to the woods every spring for a big girls weekend in up by the lake past our house. She brings a wine and I make piles of food for lunch and for her to take up to the ladies.

So I am making italian sausage stuffed mushrooms topped w/mozzerella and five pounds of hot wings. I thought I'd do the wings today as they're better the second day anyway and shrooms tomorrow.
You are the bestest friend ever!!! Those mushrooms sound divine!!

When can we all show up by the lake in the woods?
Old 04-13-2011, 12:26 PM   #772
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
CC_

Thank you, I will not tell him about the compliments because that would just blow his head right up! ( ha ha)

I love Jessica Simpson and Coach too!

I am glad you posted this.. I am having a stressful day and was on the verge of hitting up the vending machine..nothing good there....but now I can spend more time thiniking about clothes and shoes! LOL and not chips and booze!
oh, def thinking about shoes and new clothes, especially one's you've just bought, are a huge motivator to stay clean.
So, we can safely assume you're a handbag addict as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
My day is going well and I am right on target! I have been busy at work and that is when I usually check in, but I have been lurking haha

Wow 6'5 is super tall!
go girl! See anything popping up out of the soil yet? We have about two inch leafs here and there...where ther is no snow, that is.
Quote:
Hello Stillers,

woot woot there it is!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Oooh I always get clothes from places for younger girls!!
LOL I love HK and Tink little girls 12-14!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Yummmmm!!
It's a new recipe, I was scouring the LC sites for appetizers......plus got a three pound pak of the daudage for 5.99 so it was a no brainer.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #773
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I Lost two pounds.
Woohhoo!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #774
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
215 and TOM is even here
Old 04-13-2011, 12:37 PM   #775
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
grillin as much as I can! steak, chicken, and tomorrow is pork chops. Havent had those in a while...

I've used the "Montreal Chicken Seasoning" on my chicken. Its pretty good.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #776
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
215 and TOM is even here
Great job!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #777
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
The Dukan Diet is very similiar to Stillman's - it's 3-10 days of Stillman's, followed by alternating days of Stillman's & Stillman's + unlimited vegetables until you get to your goal weight. Then when you get to goal, you slowly start incorporating more foods until finally you're at maintenance. On Dukan maintenance, you can eat whatever you want, but you must eat pure protein (Stillman's) one day a week. If eating one day of Stillman's every week for the rest of my life guarantees that I'll maintain my goal weight, I'm in!
You made dukan sound simple. I always thought there was more thought involved, but now it actually sounds quite doable. thx!

are carrots in his list of unlimited veggies..if so, Im game.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #778
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
215 and TOM is even here
Old 04-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #779
Blabbermouth!!!

I am really tired. I think I may close my eyes for a while...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Maybe Im metabolising so much fat on the inside that my body needs to rest! crossing fingers xxx
Old 04-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #780
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
You made dukan sound simple. I always thought there was more thought involved, but now it actually sounds quite doable. thx!

are carrots in his list of unlimited veggies..if so, Im game.
This doesnt sound horrible
I am going to research Dukan diet

I am DESPERATE for veggies again, one day...Even one green bean or even nasty old peas! lol

Dukan for Maintenance? will definitely look into it.
Closed Thread