Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 05:34 AM   #721
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyann71 View Post
Wow everyone is doing so well!!! good for you guys. I haven't checked in for a while and had a few bad turns with bingeing (it is my 2nd name) so I don't check in when that happens. Typical, have to work on my attitude!!! Anyway I am back on plan and ready to go. I know Stillmans does work and it gives way better results when you are almost at goal weight. I just don't get my cheating and sabotaging my efforts part. It is so damn frustrating for me. I am reading a new book which is about getting from where you are to where you want to be. This might be my catalyst for a new me and a new attitude to loving myself.
Hi Tracey!! Im thinking this is an all or nothing for you, as I have done so many times in the past. I often wonder why I have never gotten through a real maintenance session, but Im looking forward to it. You are already slim, and like I was a year ago, I ate a bunch of bad stuff, then hopped back on Stills to remedy it and then kept bouncing back and forth until I gained 40 pounds. It may not be like this for you, but when I was 113, I knew I could afford to eat whatever I wanted, then I would come back to my senses and have to lose the couple pounds I gained. Once I got the taste of the bad stuff it was too much fun to stop.

Im approaching this waaaay differently this time around. The key thing, after I get to goal is to find a controlled and healthy meal plan. Stillmans is a crash diet and if we dont get a hold of our urges to overeat carbs, we will be on this rollercaoster forever. I am going to be counting on my friends here to help me through maintenance because it is gonna be harder than anything.

Why dont you start now and when I catch up, I'll join you. I think its a good idea for you to check in everyday with a plan. We will help you see that plan through. Just like we're so good at staying true to Stillmans for a week, we have to stay true to the new plan. Think about it. You look great, and my hope is that you'll feel great too! Im thinking give the 14 Day shape up, two weeks. You can still lose a couple pounds that you may have gained, but you will be including a few items that the real world eats.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2011, 05:39 AM   #722
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
Al-Just as GT noticed, so did I...YAY lady!!120's..That is amazing..I am sooo very proud of you...Because of you last night when I got home from a very busy day, I looked up the leanest portions of steak..
Thank you so much!!! What did you come up with? Filet Mignon? Wish I could have that everyday!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:41 AM   #723
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Hi ladies,
DD is getting married and I'm gonna do a 31 day radical attempt to lose weight before the rehersal dinner. Thought I'd pop in here to do the major work. Hi to all who remember me from before.......
Welcome back frances!!! What are the guidelines of the new plan? Do you think the results will be better than QWL? Nothing's gonna stop you now! I look forward to hearing about your progress every day for the next 30 days!!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:43 AM   #724
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo View Post
Could I have lose inches without losing pounds? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am new at the weight loss thing. I went shopping yesterday and tryed on a size 10 (my usual size) jeans, they were way to big. So I tryed on an 8 and they were perfect! I sound like baby bear! I might go shopping again it felt great.
You are absolutely losing inches. Your body is going through a reorg right now morphing into what it is meant to be!

So happy for you!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:47 AM   #725
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymama View Post
Hello ladies, may I join you all? I just started Stillman's yesterday after being on Atkins for a month with hardly any loss. I lost close to 50 pounds on Atkins/occasional Stillman's back in 2004 and maintained for a while, then got pregnant and gained it all back. My youngest is now 5 years old, and I have started and stopped lowcarb/
Atkins SOOOO many times, it is ridiculous. I will stick with it, only lose a few pounds, then get discouraged and give up. It wasn't easy the first time I lost so much, but at least I consistently saw my weight going down that time instead of just staying put.

Anyway, I started Stillman's yesterday and was UP a pound today, so that is super irritating, but I'm going to stick with it. I would love to check in here and be held accountable. I am really determined and I know I HAVE to do this. Will check back later!
Oh goody. More friends. Hi Butterflymama!! Welcome to the group!! We have had some amazing results over the past few weeks, and Im sure you will get what you want too!!! Are you following QWL? Fill us in!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:50 AM   #726
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
He said it was carb free, not just low carb or with good carbs, so I wonder how you make it?
I dont believe him. You'll have to make a meatloaf and slice that up for your bread.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:52 AM   #727
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
Went to the park, did some walking, a bit of running and stretching...baby steps
phew! sounds like a triatholon to me! :blush: Nice job!!

I played Kinectables, and jumped around my living room like a baby african tiger.. (That game is sooooo adorable)
Old 04-13-2011, 05:59 AM   #728
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
O Al when you get up ask your DH his opinion of IE9

just loaded it up.........not impressed on speed or ease of browsing but maybe better security??????????
My MasterCard has been toyed with lately...........annoying.......if you want to rob me just pull a gun don't eff with my internet purchases cuz you'll lose
He surprised me with it last week! I was complaining.. where are my links! Why is everything so small! Get rid of these add-ons everything is going so slow! AHHHHH! I need my LCF now and I dont want to type in the whole address.. He said give yourself a minute and figure it out. Asked me if he has to do everything for me. I told him stop messing with my pc! Although, he's the first one I turn to when something goes wrong.. I love him!

But honestly CC, if I ask hubby his real opinion, he would go on and on and I my brain shuts off after a few minutes..

Sorry about the money mishap. That rots!!! Who dares to mess with you!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:01 AM   #729
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Tanya the dress is lovely-will look stunning on those fab toned arms!!!

And OMG on the Louboutins!!! Absolutely gorgeous, really classic and will go with everything!!
Tanya- Your shoulders and arms were the first thing I though of with this beautiful dress. You picked out the perfect style for you! Cant wait to see the pics!!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:02 AM   #730
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Thanks for the welcomes! Great news...the scale moved a bit. I'm down 1.5 pounds plus the 1 pound I was up yesterday! I've been really mad at myself because I had lost some weight in Jan/Feb, then we had some birthdays, trips to Disney, etc. where I went off track and I gained 10 pounds in one month. I've only lost 6 of those pounds so far. So when people say "You didn't gain the weight overnight, don't expect to lose it overnight", I feel like screaming because seriously, TEN pounds in a month, and then it takes 3 times that to lose it. Anyway, just ranting. I'm happy that the scale is moving down, and I feel like I'm going to stay on track this time. I hope everyone is having a great day so far!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:03 AM   #731
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
When I staretd losing weight, my Mum used to buy me little things as treats. She never actually said at the time cos you're losing weight or cos you're on a diet---cos I never told her I was starting it. I actually never told her what I was doing until the July after I started----but she'd buy me a mascara or something and say cos you're not eating sweets.
And then in that Summer she bought me a Louis Vuitton hot pink belt--to put on my 'new tiny waist, that I worked so hard for'. I was so thrilled!!!
Your mum rocks!!!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:03 AM   #732
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
She is! and get to see her on Friday! Yay!
that came quick!!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:08 AM   #733
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
From my knowledge, nobody has ever done Stillman's for an extended period of time and not lost weight. I'll focus on Stillman's, and I'll leave it up to my body to focus on weight loss.
She speaketh the truth!!! Nice score on the shoes and great idea to keep them with you!!! You are armed girl, with water bottle in one hand, meat in the other!!!

I love how motivated and informed you are!!!!! WTG!!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:09 AM   #734
Blabbermouth!!!

Today is another steak and turkey day for me... BBL
Old 04-13-2011, 06:11 AM   #735
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Oh goody. More friends. Hi Butterflymama!! Welcome to the group!! We have had some amazing results over the past few weeks, and Im sure you will get what you want too!!! Are you following QWL? Fill us in!
Hi! Thanks for the welcome! I am following QWL, though I'm also kind of IFing. I've been fasting in the mornings, eating around 2:30, then possibly eating again for dinner. The hardest thing for me was giving up cream in my coffee, but I'm doing better with that than I thought I would. I also hate HB eggs, but I'm dealing with them. It's such a freeing feeling to not be constantly thinking about food since my appetite is gone. I was 184 in Feb, then went up to 194 in March, now at 188.5 and hoping to see that number drop quickly!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:16 AM   #736
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks for the welcomes! Great news...the scale moved a bit. I'm down 1.5 pounds plus the 1 pound I was up yesterday! I've been really mad at myself because I had lost some weight in Jan/Feb, then we had some birthdays, trips to Disney, etc. where I went off track and I gained 10 pounds in one month. I've only lost 6 of those pounds so far. So when people say "You didn't gain the weight overnight, don't expect to lose it overnight", I feel like screaming because seriously, TEN pounds in a month, and then it takes 3 times that to lose it. Anyway, just ranting. I'm happy that the scale is moving down, and I feel like I'm going to stay on track this time. I hope everyone is having a great day so far!
Wow! what a great update and its only been 2 days!! I hear ya on putting the weight back on overnight!!! But the good news is, Stillmans will help get it off a lot quicker than the other alternatives. Keep it up! You can do it!!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:23 AM   #737
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi! Thanks for the welcome! I am following QWL, though I'm also kind of IFing. I've been fasting in the mornings, eating around 2:30, then possibly eating again for dinner. The hardest thing for me was giving up cream in my coffee, but I'm doing better with that than I thought I would. I also hate HB eggs, but I'm dealing with them. It's such a freeing feeling to not be constantly thinking about food since my appetite is gone. I was 184 in Feb, then went up to 194 in March, now at 188.5 and hoping to see that number drop quickly!
I kinda IF too by default. I like to eat a big dinner and then Im not hungry for breakfast, and then eat a late lunch. I can easily skip the lunch if Im at work, but then Im ready again for my big dinner. Goes against the eat 6 times a day, but it works for me. With meat, I just eat when Im hungry. Maybe I still eat when Im not, but then, why would anyone eat plain chicken breast if they didnt really need it? Great job on giving up cream! If you can do that, you can do anything!!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:46 AM   #738
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Well. I am down 9 lbs..Almost to 10.. I think hitting that 10 LB mark is going to just put a REAL fire under me to keep pushing and keep driving.

Had over cooked turkey tonight and I had to force it down....
yuck

on a positive note, I found a great new royal blue dress from Express ( a store I hate but they had a the color I wanted) for my engagement photo session on Monday!

Also I bought myself a pair of Christian Louboutin sandals as a prize for losing weight, and to keep me motivated.. every 10 lbs, I get a new prize...thats how it works for me! I havent lost 10 yet but by the time the shoes are delivered to me, I will be at 150 ..or I dang well better be.

Welll here they are, red soles and all]
Oooh aka, stunning! So much for the budget LOL and soooo worth it!
Loooove royal blue on brunettes! Just like Princess Catherine! And the RL ruffle rip off, too cool.....I like Express, moreso years ago then now...
Quote:
When I staretd losing weight, my Mum used to buy me little things as treats. She never actually said at the time cos you're losing weight or cos you're on a diet---cos I never told her I was starting it. I actually never told her what I was doing until the July after I started----but she'd buy me a mascara or something and say cos you're not eating sweets.
And then in that Summer she bought me a Louis Vuitton hot pink belt--to put on my 'new tiny waist, that I worked so hard for'. I was so thrilled!!!
we know where we get our good taste!
Quote:
She is! and get to see her on Friday! Yay!
yay! Mine booked her flight finally, May 23-June 6.
Quote:
He surprised me with it last week! I was complaining.. where are my links! Why is everything so small! Get rid of these add-ons everything is going so slow! AHHHHH! I need my LCF now and I dont want to type in the whole address.. He said give yourself a minute and figure it out. Asked me if he has to do everything for me. I told him stop messing with my pc! Although, he's the first one I turn to when something goes wrong.. I love him!

But honestly CC, if I ask hubby his real opinion, he would go on and on and I my brain shuts off after a few minutes..

Sorry about the money mishap. That rots!!! Who dares to mess with you!
LOL, dontcha wish hunnys came with a remote and a mute button?

I just don't like the search pane gone from the upper right. Seems a bit faster tho.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:04 AM   #739
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

LOL, dontcha wish hunnys came with a remote and a mute button?

I just don't like the search pane gone from the upper right. Seems a bit faster tho.

Oh yes! The search. I know we can get it back, that was one of the things he left for me to figure out. darn him. I'll have our answers tonight!! Once I disabled the add-ons, it did go much faster. I think they were analizing every character on the page at first!!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:50 AM   #740
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CoCo
Stats: Ex: 175/157/135
Start Date: June 11th 2012
Quote:
Hello ladies, may I join you all? I just started Stillman's yesterday after being on Atkins for a month with hardly any loss. I lost close to 50 pounds on Atkins/occasional Stillman's back in 2004 and maintained for a while, then got pregnant and gained it all back. My youngest is now 5 years old, and I have started and stopped lowcarb/
Atkins SOOOO many times, it is ridiculous. I will stick with it, only lose a few pounds, then get discouraged and give up. It wasn't easy the first time I lost so much, but at least I consistently saw my weight going down that time instead of just staying put.

Anyway, I started Stillman's yesterday and was UP a pound today, so that is super irritating, but I'm going to stick with it. I would love to check in here and be held accountable. I am really determined and I know I HAVE to do this. Will check back later!
You are most welcome!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:52 AM   #741
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
I dont believe him. You'll have to make a meatloaf and slice that up for your bread.
Actually that's not such a crazy idea! It's not as if I'd be putting anything sweet on my bread anyway. Then again meat loaf topped with tuna and Philly??? Hmmm maybe not!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:54 AM   #742
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
phew! sounds like a triatholon to me! :blush: Nice job!!

I played Kinectables, and jumped around my living room like a baby african tiger.. (That game is sooooo adorable)
Yay! and would love to have seen that!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:56 AM   #743
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
Thanks, ladies! I got it from this site: FACE YOUR MANGA | Shake yourself!
After being on Still's for a couple of months, I'll update it so my avatar is in a bikini

Here's my take on salt: I think we've all been duped into thinking it's a bad thing. The same people who are telling us to avoid salt are also telling us to eat lots of grains and limit meat consumption. In my experience, drinking lots of water with a pinch of sea salt has been working miracles! Have you ever seen electrolyte water? That's all it is: water and sea salt! Sea salt and table salt are very different things. Table salt is isolated sodium while sea salt has other minerals attached to it. Here is some more information - Sea Salt benefits

Drinking lots of water with a pinch of sea salt, in only 1 week, has cleared and smoothed my skin, reduced my appetite, suppressed my urges to binge eat, and improved my mood. And it's only been 1 week!

In fact, it's improved my mood so much that I've decided to tackle all the little road blocks that are preventing me from becoming my best self. One thing that's been bothering me for awhile are workout shoes. I hate clunky sneakers, and I especially hate socks, and generally prefer to workout barefoot. However, I have to be careful because I once got a splinter from my hardwood floor, and I don't like being barefoot outside. Has anyone read about barefoot running? For those people who don't want to take the full plunge and workout barefoot, they recommend different brands of thinly soled shoes as an alternative. However, most of these shoes are ugly and expensive! On a barefoot running/natural lifestyle forum, someone suggested using Aquasox or water shoes as an alternative. Today I went to Payless, & bought a cute pair of water shoes for $15. I LOVE THEM. I walked 2 miles home from the store in them, and they were super comfy. I then did a short workout in my room, and it felt like working out barefoot, but without worrying about splinters or stepping on a paperclip or something. It's silly, but just like the water bottle, I am so excited about these shoes! I'm going to keep them in my bag with me at all times so I'll always have the option of walking.

I said this before, but here's my opinion of the scale: I'm not weighing myself. At least not regularly. I have no control over how much weight my body hangs on to/releases. I only have control over what I put into my mouth, and how much I move. I'm going to base my success on how many days I eat cleanly. If I'm eating lean meat to satiety, and drinking lots of water with pinches of sea salt, and moving every day, that's all I can do. From my knowledge, nobody has ever done Stillman's for an extended period of time and not lost weight. I'll focus on Stillman's, and I'll leave it up to my body to focus on weight loss.

With that said, it's dinner time. There's a chicken breast and ground turkey waiting for me.
That was very interesting, thanks for the imformation.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:56 AM   #744
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Mine too! And he can be such a nerd!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:58 AM   #745
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Tanya- Your shoulders and arms were the first thing I though of with this beautiful dress. You picked out the perfect style for you! Cant wait to see the pics!!
Me too! Me, jealous of Tanya's arms??? Never!!!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:00 AM   #746
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Yeah unfortunately it can be scarily quick for me too. ok Stills may not work overnight, but it definitely as quick as it gets! yay on the loss already! See?
Old 04-13-2011, 08:02 AM   #747
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Way to go!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:07 AM   #748
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

yay! Mine booked her flight finally, May 23-June 6.

yay! And mine's coming back with me for a few dsys after Easter!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:21 AM   #749
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:

Oh yes! The search. I know we can get it back, that was one of the things he left for me to figure out. darn him. I'll have our answers tonight!! Once I disabled the add-ons, it did go much faster. I think they were analizing every character on the page at first!!
I lurked on Google and the general consensus is no search box. I uninstalled it. If you find the search box option by all means lemme know!
Quote:
yay! And mine's coming back with me for a few dsys after Easter!
My mum loves Easter...still sends baskets every year!

Any ideas on breakfat? It's rainy and chilly, can't bear the thought of eating something cold.........
Old 04-13-2011, 08:27 AM   #750
Big Yapper!!!!

No ideas! Mine consists of gobbled down tuna! With tea in the other hand!
How about a nice bowl of ground turkey??? Thinking of buying some for dins! Have a craving!
Closed Thread