Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 09:57 AM   #691
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CoCo
Stats: Ex: 175/157/135
WOE: QWL
Start Date: June 11th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Hi ladies,
DD is getting married and I'm gonna do a 31 day radical attempt to lose weight before the rehersal dinner. Thought I'd pop in here to do the major work. Hi to all who remember me from before.......
Hi and welcome back.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2011, 09:59 AM   #692
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CoCo
Stats: Ex: 175/157/135
WOE: QWL
Start Date: June 11th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
I weighed myself all happy but then I stepped on the scale 5 second later and it's up a pound??!! What?!
I would have a long talk with that scale and tell it to stop messing with you!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:24 AM   #693
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Hi ladies,
DD is getting married and I'm gonna do a 31 day radical attempt to lose weight before the rehersal dinner. Thought I'd pop in here to do the major work. Hi to all who remember me from before.......
Hi! a wedding-no better incentive!!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:26 AM   #694
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo View Post
Good morning all, I am down .4 down this am. That makes a move of 2.2 on the scale in two days. I am so happy, I just hope I keep it up. I had a long talk with my scale this morning and told it not to mess with me. All of us are really doing so good!! I'm so proud of all of you!
I have a question. My clothes a fiting much loser. Could I have lose inches without losing pounds? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am new at the weight loss thing. I went shopping yesterday and tryed on a size 10 (my usual size) jeans, they were way to big. So I tryed on an 8 and they were perfect! I sound like baby bear! I might go shopping again it felt great.
Yay on the lose jeans!!!! and yup inch loss is a big part of Stlls!! Even you're stuck on the scale, you'll always be losing inches!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #695
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anniebell
Stats: 183.2/172/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: March 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
And on the 4th day... He made the scale move.

Yay!! Persistence pays off!
Old 04-12-2011, 11:10 AM   #696
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi ladies,
Welcome back!!
Quote:
Good morning all, I am down .4 down this am. That makes a move of 2.2 on the scale in two days. I am so happy, I just hope I keep it up. I had a long talk with my scale this morning and told it not to mess with me. All of us are really doing so good!! I'm so proud of all of you!
I have a question. My clothes a fiting much loser. Could I have lose inches without losing pounds? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am new at the weight loss thing. I went shopping yesterday and tryed on a size 10 (my usual size) jeans, they were way to big. So I tryed on an 8 and they were perfect! I sound like baby bear! I might go shopping again it felt great.
You're doing so well!! Loose jeans, what a great feeling that must be.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #697
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I have a bad cold!

My mother thinks I won't be able to lose that much since before June 1st. I'll show her lol.

Hope everyone does good today!
I hope you feel better soon. I'm sure you'll prove your mom wrong.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:26 AM   #698
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I weighed myself all happy but then I stepped on the scale 5 second later and it's up a pound??!! What?!
I hate that! When I get a good number on the scale I try not to weigh again until the next day just in case of that. We know the first number is the right one anyway.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #699
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by anniebell View Post
I hate that! When I get a good number on the scale I try not to weigh again until the next day just in case of that. We know the first number is the right one anyway.
Literally I won't even LOOK At my scale after the 1st weight in of the day
no way, no how!

My fiancee just randomly gets on the scale and weighs himself at various times, even at the END of the day, and with clothes on.
I screamed at him, what are you doing?
he said " weighin myself"?... I was like, ok with full clothes? and a full tummy?
You are insane. It must be nice to be a MAN
Old 04-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #700
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
Nevermind, my weight went down some more! I guess my scale felt threatened haha
Old 04-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #701
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Hello ladies, may I join you all? I just started Stillman's yesterday after being on Atkins for a month with hardly any loss. I lost close to 50 pounds on Atkins/occasional Stillman's back in 2004 and maintained for a while, then got pregnant and gained it all back. My youngest is now 5 years old, and I have started and stopped lowcarb/
Atkins SOOOO many times, it is ridiculous. I will stick with it, only lose a few pounds, then get discouraged and give up. It wasn't easy the first time I lost so much, but at least I consistently saw my weight going down that time instead of just staying put.

Anyway, I started Stillman's yesterday and was UP a pound today, so that is super irritating, but I'm going to stick with it. I would love to check in here and be held accountable. I am really determined and I know I HAVE to do this. Will check back later!
Old 04-12-2011, 01:38 PM   #702
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
I have a bad cold!

My mother thinks I won't be able to lose that much since before June 1st. I'll show her lol.

Hope everyone does good today!
oh, you'll lose better for sure! Lots of chick broth (no salt) does wonders! Don't forget to mainline the vitamin C and zinc!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyann71 View Post
Wow everyone is doing so well!!! good for you guys. I haven't checked in for a while and had a few bad turns with bingeing (it is my 2nd name) so I don't check in when that happens. Typical, have to work on my attitude!!! Anyway I am back on plan and ready to go. I know Stillmans does work and it gives way better results when you are almost at goal weight. I just don't get my cheating and sabotaging my efforts part. It is so damn frustrating for me. I am reading a new book which is about getting from where you are to where you want to be. This might be my catalyst for a new me and a new attitude to loving myself.
good luck on keeping goal! Sometimes more difficult than losing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
All the wonderful experiences at the beginning of the day sound so encouraging!!

AkaGal-I see that your body had to give it up..WTG...Persistence pays off and never underestimate the wonders of the human body...It is certainly mysterious and so amazing...

Al-Just as GT noticed, so did I...YAY lady!!120's..That is amazing..I am sooo very proud of you...Because of you last night when I got home from a very busy day, I looked up the leanest portions of steak...Please remember me when you are licking your chops from tonight's carnage of ribeye..Oh and don't worry about the extra crispy fatty morsels of goodness...Eat a small little one for me BK,MD,Wendy's: I haven't been to these places in a very long time, but when I have to go, I am usually successful in ordering with no bun...About the salt: I don't add salt to anything I make..Herbs and spices usually help with taste for me..Even my broth is sodium free

CC-Loved your Disease wine list and thanks for the support-I think with my profession compartmentalization is key for the success of patient rapport..I've always been able to separate my human side from the more analytical side...This is quite a dynamic time in my life appearance wise..I have never really paid that much attention to it..To be professional, with clean and manageable hair, short nails and no blemishes constituted the professional look to me..Now I look at lines and shape a lot more...I'm smaller than my sister by 2 sizes now..It is odd but very rewarding..

Ameilie-Al is right..We cannot really give you advice without an idea of what you eat..

Cat-Congrats! You are doing great!

Milo-BBQ..Sounds fantastic!

ICDI-Drink plenty of water and take care of your body...Get well soon

Well, slow day at work..Paperwork Paperwork Paperwork...Have a very productive day everyone and I look forward to catching up later
now you can skip the bland look and find out the new professional you........with style!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Ooooh! Always good to be thinner than your sister!!
sooo good!
Quote:
Hi ladies,
look who's baaaaaack!
Quote:
I would have a long talk with that scale and tell it to stop messing with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymama View Post
Hello ladies, may I join you all? I just started Stillman's yesterday after being on Atkins for a month with hardly any loss. I lost close to 50 pounds on Atkins/occasional Stillman's back in 2004 and maintained for a while, then got pregnant and gained it all back. My youngest is now 5 years old, and I have started and stopped lowcarb/
Atkins SOOOO many times, it is ridiculous. I will stick with it, only lose a few pounds, then get discouraged and give up. It wasn't easy the first time I lost so much, but at least I consistently saw my weight going down that time instead of just staying put.

Anyway, I started Stillman's yesterday and was UP a pound today, so that is super irritating, but I'm going to stick with it. I would love to check in here and be held accountable. I am really determined and I know I HAVE to do this. Will check back later!
atkins is soooo frustrating....unless you are working out to death it's a slow go. Welcome to easy peasy!
Old 04-12-2011, 01:42 PM   #703
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniebell View Post
The lowest number is always the right one!!
Old 04-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #704
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymama View Post

Old 04-12-2011, 01:51 PM   #705
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/178/130
WOE: medifast/Atkins
Start Date: June 11th 2014
I feel so welcome,,,,,thanks ladies
Old 04-12-2011, 01:53 PM   #706
Big Yapper!!!!

Just finished watching TBL Germny---wow do they lose slowly compared to the US and UK! Like half a pound a week, with a lot of weight to lose----shoot me now!!!
After it there was another programme-people losing weight at home, testing different diets? Guess what came out on top??? Ya'll never guess yup low-carb-it's called the Massei diet-basically QWL with a bit of yoghurt and cheese allowed. Anyway a Dr. was supervising-he has a weight -loss clinic--and he has developed a carb free bread. It half showed a woman making it and then eating it. It never said the ingredients though, but the Doc said it was just Protein powder and butter. Ok obviously it has other things in it. I googled but couldn't find it. I don't miss bread but sometimes it would be nice to make a loaf. He said it was carb free, not just low carb or with good carbs, so I wonder how you make it?

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 04-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #707
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
Quote:
Loooove the avi, Milo! The BBQ sounds yuuuuuummmmyyyyy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Milo-If I remember correctly, she looks just like you! Very cool!
Thanks, ladies! I got it from this site: FACE YOUR MANGA | Shake yourself!
After being on Still's for a couple of months, I'll update it so my avatar is in a bikini

Here's my take on salt: I think we've all been duped into thinking it's a bad thing. The same people who are telling us to avoid salt are also telling us to eat lots of grains and limit meat consumption. In my experience, drinking lots of water with a pinch of sea salt has been working miracles! Have you ever seen electrolyte water? That's all it is: water and sea salt! Sea salt and table salt are very different things. Table salt is isolated sodium while sea salt has other minerals attached to it. Here is some more information - Sea Salt benefits

Drinking lots of water with a pinch of sea salt, in only 1 week, has cleared and smoothed my skin, reduced my appetite, suppressed my urges to binge eat, and improved my mood. And it's only been 1 week!

In fact, it's improved my mood so much that I've decided to tackle all the little road blocks that are preventing me from becoming my best self. One thing that's been bothering me for awhile are workout shoes. I hate clunky sneakers, and I especially hate socks, and generally prefer to workout barefoot. However, I have to be careful because I once got a splinter from my hardwood floor, and I don't like being barefoot outside. Has anyone read about barefoot running? For those people who don't want to take the full plunge and workout barefoot, they recommend different brands of thinly soled shoes as an alternative. However, most of these shoes are ugly and expensive! On a barefoot running/natural lifestyle forum, someone suggested using Aquasox or water shoes as an alternative. Today I went to Payless, & bought a cute pair of water shoes for $15. I LOVE THEM. I walked 2 miles home from the store in them, and they were super comfy. I then did a short workout in my room, and it felt like working out barefoot, but without worrying about splinters or stepping on a paperclip or something. It's silly, but just like the water bottle, I am so excited about these shoes! I'm going to keep them in my bag with me at all times so I'll always have the option of walking.

I said this before, but here's my opinion of the scale: I'm not weighing myself. At least not regularly. I have no control over how much weight my body hangs on to/releases. I only have control over what I put into my mouth, and how much I move. I'm going to base my success on how many days I eat cleanly. If I'm eating lean meat to satiety, and drinking lots of water with pinches of sea salt, and moving every day, that's all I can do. From my knowledge, nobody has ever done Stillman's for an extended period of time and not lost weight. I'll focus on Stillman's, and I'll leave it up to my body to focus on weight loss.

With that said, it's dinner time. There's a chicken breast and ground turkey waiting for me.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #708
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Amélie
Went to the park, did some walking, a bit of running and stretching...baby steps
Old 04-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #709
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Just finished watching TBL Germny---wow do they lose slowly compared to the US and UK! Like half a pound a week, with a lot of weight to lose----shoot me now!!!
After it there was another programme-people losing weight at home, testing different diets? Guess what came out on top??? Ya'll never guess yup low-carb-it's called the Massei diet-basically QWL with a bit of yoghurt and cheese allowed. Anyway a Dr. was supervising-he has a weight -loss clinic--and he has developed a carb free bread. It half showed a woman making it and then eating it. It never said the ingredients though, but the Doc said it was just Protein powder and butter. Ok obviously it has other things in it. I googled but couldn't find it. I don't miss bread but sometimes it would be nice to make a loaf. He said it was carb free, not just low carb or with good carbs, so I wonder how you make it?
O carb free bread, now THAT would be heaven......
it's late, good night sweet skinny girl!
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
Thanks, ladies! I got it from this site: FACE YOUR MANGA | Shake yourself!
After being on Still's for a couple of months, I'll update it so my avatar is in a bikini

Here's my take on salt: I think we've all been duped into thinking it's a bad thing. The same people who are telling us to avoid salt are also telling us to eat lots of grains and limit meat consumption. In my experience, drinking lots of water with a pinch of sea salt has been working miracles! Have you ever seen electrolyte water? That's all it is: water and sea salt! Sea salt and table salt are very different things. Table salt is isolated sodium while sea salt has other minerals attached to it. Here is some more information - Sea Salt benefits

Drinking lots of water with a pinch of sea salt, in only 1 week, has cleared and smoothed my skin, reduced my appetite, suppressed my urges to binge eat, and improved my mood. And it's only been 1 week!

In fact, it's improved my mood so much that I've decided to tackle all the little road blocks that are preventing me from becoming my best self.

One thing that's been bothering me for awhile are workout shoes. I hate clunky sneakers, and I especially hate socks, and generally prefer to workout barefoot. However, I have to be careful because I once got a splinter from my hardwood floor, and I don't like being barefoot outside. Has anyone read about barefoot running? For those people who don't want to take the full plunge and workout barefoot, they recommend different brands of thinly soled shoes as an alternative. However, most of these shoes are ugly and expensive! On a barefoot running/natural lifestyle forum, someone suggested using Aquasox or water shoes as an alternative. Today I went to Payless, & bought a cute pair of water shoes for $15. I LOVE THEM. I walked 2 miles home from the store in them, and they were super comfy. I then did a short workout in my room, and it felt like working out barefoot, but without worrying about splinters or stepping on a paperclip or something. It's silly, but just like the water bottle, I am so excited about these shoes! I'm going to keep them in my bag with me at all times so I'll always have the option of walking.

I said this before, but here's my opinion of the scale: I'm not weighing myself. At least not regularly. I have no control over how much weight my body hangs on to/releases. I only have control over what I put into my mouth, and how much I move. I'm going to base my success on how many days I eat cleanly. If I'm eating lean meat to satiety, and drinking lots of water with pinches of sea salt, and moving every day, that's all I can do. From my knowledge, nobody has ever done Stillman's for an extended period of time and not lost weight. I'll focus on Stillman's, and I'll leave it up to my body to focus on weight loss.

With that said, it's dinner time. There's a chicken breast and ground turkey waiting for me.
O my, must check out sea salt. So right salt being taboo and didn;t now sea was different than table!

barefoot for years, then I got into pedicures, and liking sweet pink clean feet rather than calloused and dirty hooves. Seriously, up until about five yrs ago couldn't bear sox or shoes.......then I got a pedicure and BOOM

it's late skinnies see ya in the a.m.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #710
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O Al when you get up ask your DH his opinion of IE9

just loaded it up.........not impressed on speed or ease of browsing but maybe better security??????????
My MasterCard has been toyed with lately...........annoying.......if you want to rob me just pull a gun don't eff with my internet purchases cuz you'll lose
Old 04-12-2011, 05:54 PM   #711
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ok maybe a little faster but I'm on satellite internet (=faster than dial up but oh so slow) so who friggin knows?????????
Old 04-12-2011, 07:31 PM   #712
Senior LCF Member

Well. I am down 9 lbs..Almost to 10.. I think hitting that 10 LB mark is going to just put a REAL fire under me to keep pushing and keep driving.

Had over cooked turkey tonight and I had to force it down....
yuck

on a positive note, I found a great new royal blue dress from Express ( a store I hate but they had a the color I wanted) for my engagement photo session on Monday!

Also I bought myself a pair of Christian Louboutin sandals as a prize for losing weight, and to keep me motivated.. every 10 lbs, I get a new prize...thats how it works for me! I havent lost 10 yet but by the time the shoes are delivered to me, I will be at 150 ..or I dang well better be.

Welll here they are, red soles and all

Last edited by akagal20; 04-12-2011 at 07:35 PM..
Old 04-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #713
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/178/130
WOE: medifast/Atkins
Start Date: June 11th 2014
Wow akagirl! Beautiful motivation!
Old 04-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #714
Junior LCF Member

Tanya,

Love the dress, love the shoes, love the prize idea (I may have to steal that). Just love it all.

And now I have shoe envy.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:29 AM   #715
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post

So well said!! My thoughts exactely!!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:30 AM   #716
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
Went to the park, did some walking, a bit of running and stretching...baby steps
All counts!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:36 AM   #717
Big Yapper!!!!

Tanya the dress is lovely-will look stunning on those fab toned arms!!!

And OMG on the Louboutins!!! Absolutely gorgeous, really classic and will go with everything!!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:45 AM   #718
Big Yapper!!!!

When I staretd losing weight, my Mum used to buy me little things as treats. She never actually said at the time cos you're losing weight or cos you're on a diet---cos I never told her I was starting it. I actually never told her what I was doing until the July after I started----but she'd buy me a mascara or something and say cos you're not eating sweets.
And then in that Summer she bought me a Louis Vuitton hot pink belt--to put on my 'new tiny waist, that I worked so hard for'. I was so thrilled!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 04:24 AM   #719
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
When I staretd losing weight, my Mum used to buy me little things as treats. She never actually said at the time cos you're losing weight or cos you're on a diet---cos I never told her I was starting it. I actually never told her what I was doing until the July after I started----but she'd buy me a mascara or something and say cos you're not eating sweets.
And then in that Summer she bought me a Louis Vuitton hot pink belt--to put on my 'new tiny waist, that I worked so hard for'. I was so thrilled!!!
Your mom sounds like one great mom!!
Old 04-13-2011, 04:35 AM   #720
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Your mom sounds like one great mom!!
She is! and get to see her on Friday! Yay!
Closed Thread