Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 06:26 AM   #601
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
it wasnt really like that. but hell ya it was!! Go me!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2011, 06:28 AM   #602
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I just bought Super Callanetics on Amazon-hope it comes quick!!! Apparantley 1move in this one is equal to 20 in the 10 years younger one!! We shall see!
wow...more exercise videos... guess its time for me to step up!!!!

gonna go bust out some wall push ups and squats!!

BYE!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:34 AM   #603
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
OK once again, hitting the boards to seek HELP

Frustrations!

ok first, congrats to all on sticking with Stillmans, and the weights keep dropping.
Also thanks for the advice on cheese ! I have been eating Stillmans approved cheeses all this time but I am thinking it may be time to tailor back.

I notice my weight has been on the same number for about 3 days and I am not sure what to do. This week I am kicking my exercise back to my " old regime".. I have let down for a while due to feeling more tired on Stillmans. This week I am back to 5 days a week, "hard time in the gym". LOL.

I know at first you see fast loss and then it slows down, but I didnt think I would see a slow down so soon!
I am down 8 and now the scale is like, sorry, not gonna move anymore...
I am sure I am being a major drama queen, but I am following the book to the freaking letter...ok so I am going to start writing down what I eat to make sure that I am really not going overboard or anything.

I dont want to start cutting this and cutting out that, because then I wont be able to add anything back without gain.. I want to make smart decisions.

Is three days at one weight, considered a stall? Should I just see what happens in a few more days?
I think I am about to cut cheese completely, stillman approved... I dont drink alcohol at all, nor have I cheated, not even one single cheat....what gives?

My plan:
Write down my food
Exercise 5 days per week
Cut Cheese out completely

Any one have any other great advice for the " ever complaining Tanya"?

Thanks !!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:11 AM   #604
Senior LCF Member

You may have noticed my avatar is NEW. I changed my avatar to a photo I took of myself yesterday right after the GYM

I am doing that for motivation..If I have to look at this photo every day, it will let me see how far I have come as of now and not to BACK DOWN and ruin my results!!

My fiancee ate an entire Medium Meat Lovers Papa Johns Pizza yesterday and I had a fish and grilled shrimp meal that I prepared and I hid in the Master bedroom until the delicious smell went away

Last edited by akagal20; 04-11-2011 at 07:12 AM..
Old 04-11-2011, 07:37 AM   #605
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Have you tried the ice coffee yet? The first few days, just slug it down with a straw and it'll get easier. headaches stink.

another thought is the cream has a little fat. Perhaps if you decide to add the cream, you could try to stay away from the eggs. Dont know if the results would differ, but thats one excuse I gave myself this week. I cream.
I haven't tried the iced coffee yet, I am scared of my teeth turning yellow, I have tried the coffee instead of eggs thing and it seems to work except I very rarely eat eggs so I only do it sometimes.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:40 AM   #606
Blabbermouth!!!

I think you have an awesome shape Tanya!! Thats exactly what I was talkin about for myself! Fit, toned.. You are lovely!!

I think we need to put the scales away peeps. Weekly weigh-ins work so much better on Stills. A few days will go by where the scale doesnt budge, but give it a week and you will be surprised by the results. Its such a tough act to folllow, eating lean meat. Takes a lot of willpower and its so discouraging when we down see a pound a day! tanya, I promise you will have a loss this week. You are doing so well. Keep it up!!

Congrats on keeping from the pizza. Even if you had to run and hide! lol
Old 04-11-2011, 07:41 AM   #607
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anniebell
Stats: 183.2/172/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: March 2011
Hey Tanya,

You are doing so great! I understand the frustration though. I think I get so used to fast losses on stillmans and then a couple of days go by at the same weight and I wonder what I'm doing wrong. Most likely nothing. We're probably not going to lose everyday but it will come off if we stick to it. Dropping the cheese is a good idea. Cheese always slows me down unforunately. You're doing everything right so just keep it up!

One thing about the exercise, Lyle McDonald has some interesting articles about the effects of exercise when on a lower calorie, lower fat diet. Some people, especially women closer to goal, may find that the exercise stalls them. I don't know how to link from my phone but if you do a google search you should come up with the articles.

Annie
Old 04-11-2011, 07:42 AM   #608
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh one more thing. If you are exercising heavy again, you may need the cheese, and definitely extra meat!! You are gonna get hungry!!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:43 AM   #609
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniebell View Post
Hey Tanya,

You are doing so great! I understand the frustration though. I think I get so used to fast losses on stillmans and then a couple of days go by at the same weight and I wonder what I'm doing wrong. Most likely nothing. We're probably not going to lose everyday but it will come off if we stick to it. Dropping the cheese is a good idea. Cheese always slows me down unforunately. You're doing everything right so just keep it up!

One thing about the exercise, Lyle McDonald has some interesting articles about the effects of exercise when on a lower calorie, lower fat diet. Some people, especially women closer to goal, may find that the exercise stalls them. I don't know how to link from my phone but if you do a google search you should come up with the articles.

Annie
Good advice anniebell!!! How you makin out?
Old 04-11-2011, 08:09 AM   #610
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
I had a bad bad delicious weekend haha, I don't know why I keep doing this, On friday I went for ice cream which I have been cravibg for weeks so I was ok with it, then on sunday I had Nachos and I wasn't even hungry nor did I find them satisfying and last night I had more Ice cream I didn't need it a second time in 2 days haha, so back on plan today hopefully I will have maintained this week I weighed myself this morning but I am gonna give it til friday to see if its a real gain or moslty salt and water.

The thing is I am aware I don't want it and yet I eat it like the Nachos how do I stop that?
Old 04-11-2011, 08:09 AM   #611
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey Tanya,

Annie
Annie

I have been very concerned about this and its another reason I have been hesistant to hit the gym hard ( like I am used to)
I will google this topic and see..the last thing I want to do is get in my OWN way. you know what I mean?
I will look this up.

-T
Old 04-11-2011, 08:12 AM   #612
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I think you have an awesome shape Tanya!! Thats exactly what I was talkin about for myself! Fit, toned.. You are lovely!!

I think we need to put the scales away peeps. Weekly weigh-ins work so much better on Stills. A few days will go by where the scale doesnt budge, but give it a week and you will be surprised by the results. Its such a tough act to folllow, eating lean meat. Takes a lot of willpower and its so discouraging when we down see a pound a day! tanya, I promise you will have a loss this week. You are doing so well. Keep it up!!

Congrats on keeping from the pizza. Even if you had to run and hide! lol
AL-

you make a heck of a GOOD POINT
I think this weighing every day is about to drive me insane
Maybe a once per week will be better for me mentally
I assumed that if I did the weigh in every day it would help me monitor if I made any wrong decisions, so I Could adjust my menu to the " perfect menu"..
I am a perfectionist and I annoy myself, so I can only imagine how everyone else must feel.. my poor fiancee ( I better speed up the wedding before he changes his mind about this crazy meat eating gal he is engaged to).

Maybe I can start doing every other day, and then wean myself to the 1 time per week. I know I couldnt resist for a whole week...
numbers mean too much to many ( my career is accounting/financial)... I like to SEE a number...that could be my downfall though!!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:27 AM   #613
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anniebell
Stats: 183.2/172/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: March 2011
Quote:
Good advice anniebell!!! How you makin out?
I'm doing well, thanks! I scratched my cornea on Thursday so I had to take a break from the computer the last few days. The screen was really bothering me. Doing much better today and I'm down 1.4 lbs since Friday yay!!

Menu for today:
B- eggs
L- grilled chicken
D- tuna steak yum!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:29 AM   #614
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CoCo
Stats: Ex: 175/157/135
Start Date: June 11th 2012
Good Morning to all. I was without a computer for a few days and I missed all of you! I am down 1.8 this morning and I needed that, the scale has not moved much until today. All of you are doing great! Check back later.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:05 AM   #615
Big Yapper!!!!

Gorgeous pick tanya!! You look like you never need to step foot inside a gym again!
Ok, re the exercise-----and yes, I'm gonna rant!!!!!!!
But exercise ONLY DOES GOOD. Yes, at the beginning you will gain a little water weight-and if you are losing fat at the same time(which with QWl you are) , then that will show up as a 'stall' on the scale.
Cardio will burn calories, so your calorie deficit will be greater, so the fat loss will be greater.
Toning or lifting weights will buil muscle (some peolpe say you can't build muscle with a calorie deficit, dunno, but then you'll preserve what you have) and so what you loose will be fat, not muscle.
The more muscle you have, the higher you're BMR is, so you'll burn more calories by doing nothing.
Also a pound of muscle takes up a lpot less space than a pound of fat, so a person weighing 140 with a lot of muscle will look a lot smaller than someone who weighs the same but has no muscle tone.
I know I sound like a broken record, but it kills me that people keep asking the exercise question. There is nothing bad about exercise. If you can lose weight without it, then great, go for it! But you will always look smaller and more toned with it.
Rant over!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 04-11-2011 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: I meant -----with it!!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #616
Big Yapper!!!!

3days is def not a stall!!! Yup the weight loss does slow down-big time! And you don't have much to lose Tanya! Keep sticking to the plan, ridgidly and the scale will move, and if it doesn't you will still be losing inches all over! You've already seen that with your wedding dress!

Dunno, but I don't and def didin't weigh everyday at the beginning. It would have driven me crazy if I had seen a stall, it would have been-well I'm not losing so I might as well eat everything in sight!!! I think it's the thing that kept me going. Only works if you stick to plan 100% though.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #617
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I think we need to put the scales away peeps. Weekly weigh-ins work so much better on Stills. A few days will go by where the scale doesnt budge, but give it a week and you will be surprised by the results. Its such a tough act to folllow, eating lean meat. lol
What she said!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:18 AM   #618
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I had a bad bad delicious weekend haha, I don't know why I keep doing this, On friday I went for ice cream which I have been cravibg for weeks so I was ok with it, then on sunday I had Nachos and I wasn't even hungry nor did I find them satisfying and last night I had more Ice cream I didn't need it a second time in 2 days haha, so back on plan today hopefully I will have maintained this week I weighed myself this morning but I am gonna give it til friday to see if its a real gain or moslty salt and water.

The thing is I am aware I don't want it and yet I eat it like the Nachos how do I stop that?
The thing is too that you know your gonna jump back on the meat wagon, so you need to make it count before you give everything up again! We are a lot alike and the only thing I have been able to do is not have the initial cheat. Thats why Im so freaked out about maintenance. Once I get another taste in my mouth I want to try it all out! I know you really want to succeed and its gonna take a lot of willpower. Once you go 2 weeks, no matter what, you will find it much easier to stick to. Anytime you think of going off plan, go to bed, run out with the dogs. You have to decide ahead a time what you can and can not eat when you go out. You really dont have that much to lose, but I cant tell you how amazing you will feel once you get it off.

Let me bring up the hamburger patty again..After a while on lean meat, it gets real boring! Heck after 2 meals its already boring. If you really feel you want or need something else, have a steak, a hamburger, or a chicken leg. It will taste soooooo awesome, and you will be totally satisfied. the trick is to not add carbs. Eating a little fat now and then is what keeps me sane when Im really having a tough time.

Tanya- you are doing so well. How do you not cheat? I can't really explain it, but I just want to be thinner with a passion.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:21 AM   #619
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Gorgeous pick tanya!! You look like you never need to step foot inside a gym again!
Ok, re the exercise-----and yes, I'm gonna rant!!!!!!!
But exercise ONLY DOES GOOD. Yes, at the beginning you will gain a little water weight-and if you are losing fat at the same time(which with QWl you are) , then that will show up as a 'stall' on the scale.
Cardio will burn calories, so your calorie deficit will be greater, so the fat loss will be greater.
Toning or lifting weights will buil muscle (some peolpe say you can't build muscle with a calorie deficit, dunno, but then you'll preserve what you have) and so what you loose will be fat, not muscle.
The more muscle you have, the higher you're BMR is, so you'll burn more calories by doing nothing.
Also a pound of muscle takes up a lpot less space than a pound of fat, so a person weighing 140 with a lot of muscle will look a lot smaller than someone who weighs the same but has no muscle tone.
I know I sound like a broken record, but it kills me that people keep asking the exercise question. There is nothing bad about exercise. If you can lose weight without it, then great, go for it! But you will always look smaller and more toned without it.
Rant over!!!
FANTASTIC POST!!!!

I did my squats... I think Im firmer already!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:23 AM   #620
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo View Post
Good Morning to all. I was without a computer for a few days and I missed all of you! I am down 1.8 this morning and I needed that, the scale has not moved much until today. All of you are doing great! Check back later.
Finally!! and like GT points out, Youve probably lost inches too!!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:25 AM   #621
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm doing well, thanks! I scratched my cornea on Thursday so I had to take a break from the computer the last few days. The screen was really bothering me. Doing much better today and I'm down 1.4 lbs since Friday yay!!

Menu for today:
B- eggs
L- grilled chicken
D- tuna steak yum!
oooooo that stinks. i fell asleep with my contacts in and ripped both corneas (when I peeled them off) Glad youre better and congrats on the loss!

BTW: What a perfect menu.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:30 AM   #622
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
AL-

you make a heck of a GOOD POINT
I think this weighing every day is about to drive me insane
Maybe a once per week will be better for me mentally
I assumed that if I did the weigh in every day it would help me monitor if I made any wrong decisions, so I Could adjust my menu to the " perfect menu"..
I am a perfectionist and I annoy myself, so I can only imagine how everyone else must feel.. my poor fiancee ( I better speed up the wedding before he changes his mind about this crazy meat eating gal he is engaged to).

Maybe I can start doing every other day, and then wean myself to the 1 time per week. I know I couldnt resist for a whole week...
numbers mean too much to many ( my career is accounting/financial)... I like to SEE a number...that could be my downfall though!!
I hope you dont think you are annoying us, girly!! Ive been at this for a long time, and I have had a million and one questions and concerns. Im still concerned, but the one thing Ive learned is if I stick with the meat, good things happen. Start measuring and watch those numbers transform. The measurements are really the important part right? They are the ones that speak the truth. Not the darned scale that cant keep up its mind.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:37 AM   #623
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
The thing is too that you know your gonna jump back on the meat wagon, so you need to make it count before you give everything up again! We are a lot alike and the only thing I have been able to do is not have the initial cheat. Thats why Im so freaked out about maintenance. Once I get another taste in my mouth I want to try it all out! I know you really want to succeed and its gonna take a lot of willpower. Once you go 2 weeks, no matter what, you will find it much easier to stick to. Anytime you think of going off plan, go to bed, run out with the dogs. You have to decide ahead a time what you can and can not eat when you go out. You really dont have that much to lose, but I cant tell you how amazing you will feel once you get it off.

Let me bring up the hamburger patty again..After a while on lean meat, it gets real boring! Heck after 2 meals its already boring. If you really feel you want or need something else, have a steak, a hamburger, or a chicken leg. It will taste soooooo awesome, and you will be totally satisfied. the trick is to not add carbs. Eating a little fat now and then is what keeps me sane when Im really having a tough time.

Tanya- you are doing so well. How do you not cheat? I can't really explain it, but I just want to be thinner with a passion.
A hamburger does sound good , I just don't know for sure about the fat...and Deer meat tastes BETTER than a burger and I know its super super lean. yeah for deer !I know everyone is tired of me talking about Deer, but heck, I am from Texas. What do you expect? ( ha ha)

I havent cheated for two reasons
1. I am terrified, I will taste one bite of something and then completely go off the deep end and then feel so unhappy that I give up the whole thing
2. My very expensive and beautiful wedding dress fits and I have this vision in my head that if I have like one drop of vodka, I Will gain like 5 lbs over night.

I am slightly sad at the idea of cutting cheese out from my diet, its like the one little light of hope..

I will have to have some alcohol next month at my showers and wedding, but I think by then, my weight will be fairly low, and it will be ok.

I just know that it will come down the road, and with any luck my tolerance will be down and after just a few drinks I will be satisfied!!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:38 AM   #624
Blabbermouth!!!

Im also thinking that events/deadlines help me stick to plan. Like with Tanya's wedding. She knows she has to get in that dress before a certain time. I know that I have to get in a bathing suit. (we have a pool and spend the whole summer in it) I cant be wearing a t-shirt, like I did for so many years prior.

I say we all treat ourselves to new outfit that doesnt fit!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #625
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
oooooo that stinks. i fell asleep with my contacts in and ripped both corneas (when I peeled them off) Glad youre better and congrats on the loss!

BTW: What a perfect menu.
OMG!!!!!!! i wear contacct too, and I've slept in them by accident!!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #626
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
(we have a pool and spend the whole summer in it)
Must ya keep saying that!!!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #627
Blabbermouth!!!

I wouldnt even know where to get deer! Glad you like it! and Tanya, you dont have to give up the cheese if you like it. Your not piggin out on it right? Like 1/2 cup cottage should be fine. Its part of the rules so its all good!!

I think that figure came from the 14 day plan. QWL doesnt even list a limit. I stay away because I would probably take out the whole container..
Old 04-11-2011, 09:48 AM   #628
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Im also thinking that events/deadlines help me stick to plan. Like with Tanya's wedding. She knows she has to get in that dress before a certain time. I know that I have to get in a bathing suit. (we have a pool and spend the whole summer in it) I cant be wearing a t-shirt, like I did for so many years prior.

I say we all treat ourselves to new outfit that doesnt fit!
Al -

Deadlines do help !

I also have a vacation to the Bahamas, later this year AND there is no way I can look bad then, so even after the wedding, I have more and more reason to keep trucking!

Also I have like 15 items of sweet designer clothes that wont fit until I am in the 140's, SO talk about motivation..I dont want to give away my clothes to my greedy friends! ( love them, but greedy!!)
Old 04-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #629
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I wouldnt even know where to get deer! Glad you like it! and Tanya, you dont have to give up the cheese if you like it. Your not piggin out on it right? Like 1/2 cup cottage should be fine. Its part of the rules so its all good!!

I think that figure came from the 14 day plan. QWL doesnt even list a limit. I stay away because I would probably take out the whole container..
AL-

I dont like cottage cheese, but I do like it mixed in with my tuna ouch, may 1/2 a tablespoon? Hardly any and I get the small curd, 1% milkfat , super low fat kind...its hardly any taste to it, but it makes a world of difference in my tuna, plus its good with an egg white omelet..it adds just that pinch of flavor to stop me from wanting to gag

Deer is only available if you literally hunt the dang deer yourself.
I have friends who hunt and then have the meat processed..then they give it to friends ( like me!)...

Its tough to find deer in the stores...
Old 04-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #630
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Must ya keep saying that!!!!!
sorry...

Even though its in my own backyard, Id still wear a t-shirt. Theres something wrong with me!!! I only go to public beaches out of the country.. I would never wear a bikini down the street no matter what weight I was!
Closed Thread