Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 03:15 AM   #571
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
I want a chocolate chip bagel!! And a cranberry orange one!! And a cinnamon cruch one!!! It's no wonder ye love bagels!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2011, 03:23 AM   #572
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Rebecca, you poor poor thing. You really have been through the mill. Your health is so much more important than any diet so take good care of yourself, lots of rest and healthy healing foods.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #573
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
GT you were deprived! I thought they had bagels of different flavors in Europe..I never tried the frozen ones, but the fresh ones were awesome in NY..I don't think I had never eaten one until I moved to NY after college..Bagels in NY are an institution and finding the perfect shop is prized by NYers..It is kinda like the NY pizza vs. The Chicago pizza..Once you find the perfect one, it is impossible to eat them anywhere else and feel the same enjoyment concerning the nice crust and soft inside..Yummy..Just thinking about it makes me crave a buttered onion bagel..ummmm....I think it is the visual feeling that satisfies me about this..This is how it is with most of the foods I use to eat..The visual satisfaction is amazing to me and enough..I guess that is my new 'cheat'..Visual is enough..

Milo-Water Water Water is a great thing..Thanks for reminding us all how great it is...Ever since last year when I started my journey, I incorporated water and like you, I can tell I'm hydrated enough if my urine is clear..If I see a tinge of yellow, I up my water immediately..Very good indicator..You really did't 'cheat' in the since of those empty calorie carbs..It is not like you went to the Mexican Restaurant and gorged on the fresh and warm tortilla chips and freshly made salsa that they continue to replace on your table...If cactus salad is all you can 'cheat' on, it really isn't worth beating yourself over..When was it ever a cheat to eat vegetables? I think this was asked and questioned before out of pure fun..No worries Milo (love your cute LCF name). Milo, I think that CC made a valid point a few posts ago..Moderate switch of normal eating habits to catch up with friends or other events are the normal flow of life....We don't live on this planet alone..We have friend and family that we spend time with as well as working environments that are not always conducive to 'our plan'. But, it is at those times that we test our resolve...In an ideal situation we could always be on plan..Realistically, if you spend time outside your house, that is not the case..Remember that this is a majority lifestyle change not all the time.. .Also, I didn't make the soup yesterday as I spoke about on Friday, but maybe in the week at some point..I don't have a desire for it at the moment..eggs and chicken breasts are what I had yesterday and probably will repeat today..But just remember to add the crab right after you have allowed the eggs to puff up..Yummy
Amelie-I usually use a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in marianated chicken breasts over night..Whatever marianate I put together uses vinegar for a tenderizer...

Well, today is my lazy day..I'm eating boiled eggs this morning and soon as I get off my couch and chicken breasts for lunch and dinner...

This is an aside...I'm watching this surfing program..A true confession is that I can understand the adrenaline rush of all these extreme sports and I appreciate the documentaries, but to do them myself and risk limb or possibly life? Not my cup of tea..I guess being a medical professional I have always ran scenarios of a bad outcome in my mind over and over again..I guess this is the reason why, although I love to travel and go to different countries, I never get out of my plane seat and always get a window seat..But watching the surfing is so scary ri me..The only thing I think about is death by drowning or a GW shark..

Well, enough of my paranoia..I feel like my profession dictates this state of mind..Anyway, have a great day everyone..Take care and enjoy your day

Last edited by PsychDoc3; 04-10-2011 at 08:47 AM..
Old 04-10-2011, 10:42 AM   #574
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/230.2/150 Female 5’ 7'
I just woke up with my neck and face feeling tight. I love when that happens! I always show the weight lOst in my face. Makes me want to stay on plan with my head held up high ( and my neck) loool.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:27 PM   #575
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
I have a question to all of you about cheese

Can you all tell me how you approach cheese on your diet?

Do you eat cheese at all, if you do, how much ? What kindc?

Has anyone seen more loss with out cheese ,

Should I cut out all cheeses ?

Need advice , right now I have only stillman approved cheeses , some everyday , I've been losing but I wonder if the cheese can be removed
Old 04-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #576
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
girlies!!!

Just wanted to pop in real quick and give hugs!

I partied it up like a rockstar last night and Im running on 3 hours of sleep. Such a good time though..steak, singing, dancing, drinking But 0 carbs!! I lost 3 pounds of water which was cool to see on the scale, but Im sure it wont stick...Im guzzlin water and just polished off the family pack of tuna.

Im sorry I cant respond right now, but I will catch up later!!!

rebecca-
Old 04-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #577
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
girlies!!!

Just wanted to pop in real quick and give hugs!

I partied it up like a rockstar last night and Im running on 3 hours of sleep. Such a good time though..steak, singing, dancing, drinking But 0 carbs!! I lost 3 pounds of water which was cool to see on the scale, but Im sure it wont stick...Im guzzlin water and just polished off the family pack of tuna.

Im sorry I cant respond right now, but I will catch up later!!!

rebecca-

What dd you drink that was 0 carbs ?
Old 04-10-2011, 01:36 PM   #578
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
AkaGal--To eat cheese or not to eat cheese? While I was on Atkin's I ate cheese on a daily bases, but I was always a cheese eater...On Stillman's, since the cheese that is allowable is not available in any of the markets that I shop at, I have cut cheese out from the beginning..I have a variety of unopened cheeses in my fridge..Now I do sprinkle some parmesan cheese in my boiled eggs with mustard in the morning, but it is about half a teaspoon and not enough to matter...That is the only cheese I eat..I think that like other condiments and things that have a higher fat content, you must test and see if it slows down your steady decrease..Some people are not bothered by a little cheese and others are..It is just like the cream in coffee..When I decided to start Stillman's in mid-March, I decided to cut it out and even stopped drinking coffee because of my preference of cream..Since last week, I have added coffee back but without the cream..Cream and cheese will probably be the first things that I moderately add back into my diet when I reach goal. But right now, cheese is not something that I consume except for the speck in my boiled eggs..It's simple really...2-3 boiled eggs, pepper, garlic/onion powder a little mustard and a pinch of parmesan..Delicious and very filling..
Old 04-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #579
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccadeel View Post
hiiii everyone i am back. haven't been doing stillmans....went to the Dr last week because i was vomiting after everymeal (not intentional) and found out i had a hernia in my poor belly and because ive lost so much weight i have basically an empty space behind my stomach so my intestines tangled up behind my stomach and went into the hernia so had to have emergency surgery to fix it and while he was in there saw cyst on my ovaries that were about to rupture that he removed AND my appendix was on the verge of bursting also and removed that. SOOO basically i've been in a lot of pain recovering ....was down before surgery to 167 (-100lbs woooop woooop!!!) but after getting home from the hospital i was 173. so tomorrow is day uno back on stills!! will find out wednesday when i will be able to exercise again but i'm getting sick of laying in bed all damn day!!! already getting out eggs to boil for breakfast, chicken to boil for lunch and ground turkey for dinner...YUM i can't get enough of the turkey!!!!
OMG SCARY girl, blessings and prayers for your recovery!
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
I would guess vodka.......most all of the straight hard liquors are zero carb
Old 04-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #580
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
GT are ye following Rory over here at the Masters? We adore him!
Old 04-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #581
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/230.2/150 Female 5’ 7'
So much for not cheating this month. The weekends are so hard. I did good until we got to the movies!
Old 04-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #582
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
So much for not cheating this month. The weekends are so hard. I did good until we got to the movies!
Entertain me , what did you have at the movies ?? My mouth is watering
Old 04-11-2011, 06:25 AM   #583
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning! Im back to myself after 11 hours of catch up sleep!!! Im off today thank goodness, and I can even see another nap in my future!!! I have to go shopping for a major stock up. Lots of ground turkey, tuna packs, and Im gonna pick up some steak.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:32 AM   #584
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
patron on ice! and lots of water in between. We had our own area at the club so we were able to get pitchers. having the water there made a huge difference on the amount of drinks I was ordering. Usually I am so thirsty and I make the mistake of ordering more drinks.. I think at one point I was walking around with my own private pitcher.. I was thinking of Milo!

I so needed a night out like that though. Felt like I was 21 again! and with the extra pounds I lost, I was almost the same size. meat rocks peeps. Lets get this weight off and be rockstars together!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:40 AM   #585
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I have a question to all of you about cheese

Can you all tell me how you approach cheese on your diet?

Do you eat cheese at all, if you do, how much ? What kindc?

Has anyone seen more loss with out cheese ,

Should I cut out all cheeses ?

Need advice , right now I have only stillman approved cheeses , some everyday , I've been losing but I wonder if the cheese can be removed
Of all the the meat threads Ive read, everyone has proclaimed that they have done better without dairy. (Probably because its easy to eat too much) For me, I would cut it out until I got real close to goal, and then add it back as a way of slowing the losses and maintaining.

If you can survive Stillmans without it, thats the route I would take. But if we're talking ff cottage cheese, thats one that most of us probably wouldn't overdo to begin with. Its kinda like tuna. everyone's least fav cheese. eat it to eat it, but not so much enjoyable where you want seconds!!

So if you like your cottage cheese, keep it! Your still losing and doing great!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:43 AM   #586
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
guzzle the water with us today! and eat chicken and tuna!! The losing train hasnt left yet so hop back on quick!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:50 AM   #587
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Good Morning! Im back to myself after 11 hours of catch up sleep!!! Im off today thank goodness, and I can even see another nap in my future!!! I have to go shopping for a major stock up. Lots of ground turkey, tuna packs, and Im gonna pick up some steak.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:51 AM   #588
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
We had our own area at the club :
dig you and your VIP area!!!!!!!!:
Old 04-11-2011, 06:54 AM   #589
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
This is an aside...I'm watching this surfing program..A true confession is that I can understand the adrenaline rush of all these extreme sports and I appreciate the documentaries, but to do them myself and risk limb or possibly life? Not my cup of tea..I guess being a medical professional I have always ran scenarios of a bad outcome in my mind over and over again..I guess this is the reason why, although I love to travel and go to different countries, I never get out of my plane seat and always get a window seat..But watching the surfing is so scary ri me..The only thing I think about is death by drowning or a GW shark..

Well, enough of my paranoia..I feel like my profession dictates this state of mind..Anyway, have a great day everyone..Take care and enjoy your day
My how we all see things differently. When I look at surfers, Im envious of their skill and physique (the chica's). Wishing I could look like that in their bikinis or stretchy suits (whatever they are called)! I never thought of the sharks!! and for the plane, I need the window so I can look out! I always say a quick little prayer that landing will be OK, but I actually look forward to plane rides! Not as fun as a roller coaster, of course.

Since having kids I am more careful about the choices I make that may risk injury or death. I have shyed away from amusement parks over the years since hearing of too many accidents. So, as much as I would like to try surfing or water skiing, I may not take that chance now. But what really would stop me is my belief that it would be impossible for me to pull it off without embarrasing myself, being the weeakling I am..
Old 04-11-2011, 06:57 AM   #590
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Its kinda like tuna. everyone's least fav cheese. eat it to eat it, but not so much enjoyable where you want seconds!!

I agree, if you can do without it then don't eat the cheese. Also again, if it's fattier cheese, then remember it won't be QWL, it will become more Atkins, and so you won't get QWL results!......though seriously who gets his promised results after the first week!!

I looooooove all dairy, me!! I don't think it stalls me either----but if I do eat it then I eat waaaay to much, so it's easier to do without most of the time!! If you really want some cheese then def go for the lf versions!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 04-11-2011, 06:57 AM   #591
Big Yapper!!!!

Just glugged down 1.5 litres of water!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #592
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
GT are ye following Rory over here at the Masters? We adore him!
Rory McIntyre? Or however you spell it! A young lad with curly hair? Yeah we love him here to! We love all our golfers, they always do really well! I'm not following-don't watch any sport! And def not golf, my Dad loved it though!!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:02 AM   #593
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
commandments? dust off that bible and tell them to us please!

Have a good time Al, do that steak justice!

Im gonna search for them and let everyone know which month to check out. dont you remember them?? "THE THIN COMMANDMENTS" I wont repost them here because they take up soooo much room..

About the steak and eating out. I perused the menu the other night and ordered steak skewers..requested them plain, no sauce. ( I was disappointed that I couldnt get a king cut prime rib- but hey! ) The skewers came on a beautiful bed of lettuce with garnishes. i was with a lot of old friends, new friends, and complete strangers and no one even noticed/cared about what I ate. We can go out to eat and stick to plan.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:03 AM   #594
Big Yapper!!!!

I never take risks!!!!! I envy people who can jump out of planes etc!! I 'd be too scared-that the parachute wouldn't open!!!
And I always have a window seat in a plane!!! Have to look out!! I love flying-not the airport---that bugs me---but actually flying!!! Loooove landing!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:19 AM   #595
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
Aleriaaa, I'm so excited for you with all the progress you've made. And I can't wait for enough time to pass so I can catch up with you! How much time had to pass/how many pounds did you lose before you noticed a difference in the way your body looked?
Thanks so much!!! I notice the difference right now!! I am actually happy and content and feeling really good about myself. I realize too its all about having the right outfits and clothes that fit! Im trying not to be so concerned about being perfect anymore. Everyone has a little tummy sticking out now and then or a little hip chunk hanging over their jeans- Im living in the real world. realizing Im never gonna look like a model finally, so its all good. Right now. I think I look like a healthy normal person. I have some extra weight but I still look slim (er).. I still want to lose more because I dont think Im bathing suit ready, but I really start to look unhealthy in my face and upper body once I get to 115 and lower...

I realize too that its the exercise and being fit that I am missing. In my mind the smaller I am the 'fitter" I am but thats not the case. If I was this size right now but firm and shapely, I think I could live with it. The fact that Im a smaller fatty person, (like we talked about a few days ago) makes me want to keep dieting to get the fat off! I should be reshaping and toning up! Im coming to these conclusions and its all taken a very long time to really seep in. It has been so much easier for me to diet that exercise. I really need to go the next step now, because thats when I can be truely happy and healthy...

thanks for letting me ramble on and on..
Old 04-11-2011, 07:22 AM   #596
Big Yapper!!!!

Al, I'm so happy you're feeling this good!! WTG you!!! I'm sure you look lovely!.......well I know ya do but ya know what I mean!!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:24 AM   #597
Big Yapper!!!!

I just bought Super Callanetics on Amazon-hope it comes quick!!! Apparantley 1move in this one is equal to 20 in the 10 years younger one!! We shall see!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:24 AM   #598
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok gotta go!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:24 AM   #599
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
dig you and your VIP area!!!!!!!!:
it wasnt really like that. but hell ya it was!! Go me!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:25 AM   #600
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Al, I'm so happy you're feeling this good!! WTG you!!! I'm sure you look lovely!.......well I know ya do but ya know what I mean!!
thank you sooooo much!!
Closed Thread