Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 06:38 AM   #541
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I was meant to go home on Monday week, but I just wanna go home so badly so I changed my flight til Friday. Cost me 95E extra!! But it gives me an extra weekend at home! And I literally have 20mins to make the bus to the airport after class!!!
95E well spent!!! 20 minutes is cuttin it close but you'll make it! wear your flats!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2011, 06:40 AM   #542
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I've got my legs out too!! Short skirt and no black tights! It's a big day when I get my legs out peeps!!
funny girl!!! Go YOU!!!! Strut your stuff today!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:44 AM   #543
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Im so glad you dodged the run-in!! You did good with the other one.. Smiled. Responsed. Moved ON!! Woohoo!
Yeah I just thought peeee off!! I mean, actually I have nothing to be embarrassed about! I like eating this way! I like what it does to my body, I like how I feel,mostly! I know I've always taken the comments of you've lost so much as-yeah and you had it to lose-but now I reckon, that's a while ago. I've lost it, kept it off, and intend to. I eat healthily (or at least as healthily as anyone else)so what's the big deal. And if people don't like it well that's their problem. It's my choice to eat like this, and their's to eat another way!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 04-09-2011, 06:48 AM   #544
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
daydreaming about the tops! love the tops. They actually make a muffin top bake pan for maximum tops..

actually..these jeans Im wearing are giving me a little too much muffin toppage..
Yeah if i eat a muffin-like nowadays when???? but it's the top that's the best!! On ours we always have little bits of sugar on top!!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:50 AM   #545
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
95E well spent!!! 20 minutes is cuttin it close but you'll make it! wear your flats!
I think there's a bus stop somewhere right outside the college though-somebody told me it would stop thete---so I'm gonna check it out! Pray it's true! she didn't move her lips!!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:55 AM   #546
Big Yapper!!!!

Had theee best homemade corned beef yesterday!! Didn't even know you could home make it! Friend made it! Had it with a homemade brown seedy roll---twas sooooo good!! I know not Stilly friendly!! Bold me!! But bread doesn't give me any cravings, I can take it or leave it, so I'b back to plan today!
Old 04-09-2011, 07:57 AM   #547
Blabbermouth!!!

So I think we have a new rule! if a friend makes us food, it doesnt count as a cheat, counts as a treat, and we will not gain from it. Oh this is fun!

Penciled it in on page 121 (GT's weight and my next goal!)

Im glad you enjoyed it! and more power to ya for gettin right back on!! I dont know how you girls do it!
Old 04-09-2011, 07:59 AM   #548
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
On ours we always have little bits of sugar on top!!
so do ours!!!!! why is there not a drool smily.. that'll work!
Old 04-09-2011, 08:02 AM   #549
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Had theee best homemade corned beef yesterday!! Didn't even know you could home make it! Friend made it! Had it with a homemade brown seedy roll---twas sooooo good!! I know not Stilly friendly!! Bold me!! But bread doesn't give me any cravings, I can take it or leave it, so I'b back to plan today!
So Im curious and nosey...do you stick to a very small portion when you treat yourself or do you have a full plate. I have to learn to not pig out. I think I would have had two seedy rools and seconds. I know its not good, but Im gonna try real hard come maintenace time. promise.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #550
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
so do ours!!!!! why is there not a drool smily.. that'll work!
i know i wish there was!! He'd be used a lot!!!
Old 04-09-2011, 10:16 AM   #551
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
So Im curious and nosey...do you stick to a very small portion when you treat yourself or do you have a full plate. I have to learn to not pig out. I think I would have had two seedy rools and seconds. I know its not good, but Im gonna try real hard come maintenace time. promise.
I usually don't treat! Mine were always big bad cheats! But I have to work at maintanance too! It def can't be the all or nothing thing. Yeah I know staying strictly to meat, for you and meat and veg, for me works and works well. on all levels. I'm def with you, it's easier to stay away from everything else, and that's prob what I'll always do-it's easier than the guilt. But I reckon sometimes for maintenance a small bit of something else is ok. I think i said it before, but I do find it easy to go back to Still after a treat or cheat. Dunno why!!
Having said all that bread etc. is not something I ever crave-So it wasn't that harmful to have it! I mean don't get me wrong, i like bread but I can easily live without it! Now if it had been cookies or chocolate or something sweet I would have wanted more and more. That really is a slippery slope!!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:12 AM   #552
Blabbermouth!!!

I know you dont usually do it, GT! You hit it on the head. Staying strictly meat works for me because its the easiest to do. I dont have to think about it, count anything, watch my portions, get full or bloated, or feel guilty about any bite. I dont have to gain weight.

So, I am missing things, but I dont know if I could go back to QWL if I treated right now , and thats what scares me to not treat. (Remember I tried it that one time, and then I gained back 40lbs.)

It would be nice to have a little of this and that though...Do you think I should start changing things up a bit as I get closer to goal? I really dont want a repeat. Or, do you think since meat is easy for me, I should try to stick with it long term again.. I dont know... sorry for the drama..
Old 04-09-2011, 11:15 AM   #553
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
i like bread but I can easily live without it!
How could you say such a thing!!

Im impressed!!!

Dont be shocked but I guess I could live without Cadbury Creme Eggs...
Old 04-09-2011, 11:24 AM   #554
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Dont be shocked but I guess I could live without Cadbury Creme Eggs...
OH!!!! Herassy!!! How could ya say such a thing!!!!!! I have to live without them-not cos I want to!!!! I could eat them all day everyday!! That and Nutella!!!
I was sitting less than 59meters away from a crepe stand today-the smell from that hot melting Nutella was unreal!!!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #555
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
OH!!!! Herassy!!! How could ya say such a thing!!!!!! I have to live without them-not cos I want to!!!! I could eat them all day everyday!! That and Nutella!!!
I was sitting less than 59meters away from a crepe stand today-the smell from that hot melting Nutella was unreal!!!
you're so cute!!

imagine if they used Nutella Body Masks in the spas...or a face mask, like they do with chocolate.. actually..dont imagine it!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:39 AM   #556
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I know you dont usually do it, GT! You hit it on the head. Staying strictly meat works for me because its the easiest to do. I dont have to think about it, count anything, watch my portions, get full or bloated, or feel guilty about any bite. I dont have to gain weight.

So, I am missing things, but I dont know if I could go back to QWL if I treated right now , and thats what scares me to not treat. (Remember I tried it that one time, and then I gained back 40lbs.)

It would be nice to have a little of this and that though...Do you think I should start changing things up a bit as I get closer to goal? I really dont want a repeat. Or, do you think since meat is easy for me, I should try to stick with it long term again.. I dont know... sorry for the drama..
I have no idea, Al. I'll never eat like a 'normal' person so 98% of the time will be Stills. I honestly think it's harder to eat bits of everything. Dunno but I reckon if you think you won't get back to QWL quickly then don't eat anything other than meat. Not for a while, until you really think you can do it. And I wouldn't treat with the thing you like the best. I know that sounds crazy! But I really thought that 10Commandments book was brilliant. I meant to buy it actually. It was def a bit depressing, but hey if we have to do what he says to keep our weight in check, then....... So treat with the thing you think you can control. That's why I can do it with bread or something.
I just keep repeating over and over again, when I really want something bad ie chocolate or cookies---tried them all before, made me unhappy and then always be there, i can have them someday--and so then it's not like i have to have them now.
Honestly, girl, I wish I had the answers, for all of us. as i've said before, it would be my wish from Aladdin-to have a healthy relationship with food and my body!!!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:42 AM   #557
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
you're so cute!!

imagine if they used Nutella Body Masks in the spas...or a face mask, like they do with chocolate.. actually..dont imagine it!

When I was doing my groceries---ya know, my usual cans of tuna, some chicken,cukes, tomatoes, skimmed milk--and um strawberries!!!-----there was a big promotion on Nutella on-buy one and get one free! I swear these things are sent to tempt me!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #558
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok gonna go do my tan!! I'm so stuffed from dinner!! Had huge bowl of tuna, mixed with cukes and some herby Phily stuff, and then loads of strawberries! And glugged a pile of water down too!
Old 04-09-2011, 12:59 PM   #559
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
ok I have come back and alive and fighting from the "no food" nightmare from last night

I have another 6 hour event tonight and BOY AM I READY

I went to the grocery store and I got stocked on all the proper Stillman friendly items.

My plan is to get full of meat before my work shift, and then at about 7pm, open my cooler and eat my prepared dinner.

No worries, no issues, no problems. The preparation is done

And on a positive note, I went into the Ralph Lauren store with my fiancee, who was buying shirts and I found a nice pair of pants on sale. I tried on size 6 and they fit perfect! I bought them, of course...we arent supposed to be spending money, but when a pair of pants from Ralph Lauren, are on sale, and they fit. you buy them and you run!!

yeah...

ok time to pack my cooler! No starving tonight and no dizzyness

oh and I also I bought a multivitamin and a " veggie nutrient replacement" vitamin... I feel like my skin starting to go to HECK , among other problems. I read that most people on Stillmans or atkins take a vitamin to replace what they are missing.. I am going to take these vitamins

They are called 10 Vegetable muliplex and contains no sugar or milk, or wheat product!
10 Vegetable Multi-Plex™ Caplets | Green Food Products Supplements | Vitamin World

My fiancee said he would not stand by any diet that made me sick, so I am going to make sure I am careful and doing everything right, or he is going to make me eat a lot of bread and vegetables...
Old 04-09-2011, 01:11 PM   #560
Big Yapper!!!!

Tanya-that sounds like a plan!!!! Go you!! And don't work too hard!!
Yay on the pants! CC will be proud-she loooove RL!!
Old 04-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #561
Blabbermouth!!!

GT- Thank you so much! I think I need to revisit the commandments before maintenance time for sure! Wonder what month they were in?? I guess I'll keep up with the meat cause i know it works and then when I hit goal, I will cut back my protein, and add cukes, tomatoes, skimmed milk and strawberries! Becuase that sounds delightful!

Tanya- You are ready to GO! Awesome!!! and nice score on those pants!

Im off for the evening peeps, got some dinner plans that include the biggest steak on the menu!!! I'll be back tomorrow!
Old 04-09-2011, 01:53 PM   #562
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
GT- Thank you so much! I think I need to revisit the commandments before maintenance time for sure! Wonder what month they were in?? I guess I'll keep up with the meat cause i know it works and then when I hit goal, I will cut back my protein, and add cukes, tomatoes, skimmed milk and strawberries! Becuase that sounds delightful!

Im off for the evening peeps, got some dinner plans that include the biggest steak on the menu!!! I'll be back tomorrow!
Enjoy!!! xx
Old 04-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #563
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
did I ever tell ya you give great advice! Im always sooo gung ho about not cheating, but then you step in, and give great simple advice. Shows me that you have all the control, and I still have a lot to learn!

But that doesnt mean Im gonna change and start going easy on anyone!
nah, it's not about control, it's about love and life is precious. And learning not to punish yourself when in a food situation. Stilly will always be there, but that wonderful spring eve when you spent dinner with a friend can never be repeated.
Quote:
So sorry you went through this! Planning is the key for the next time, but please dont forget that a hamburger patty (or 2) is a good choice in a time of need. Vitamins may also be a good thing to add if you arent doing so already. (Although, I dont take them myself)

If anyone is feeling fatigue, nausea, dizziness, or legs like lead, I feel the next best thing to continue the weight loss streak is fat. It also helps get things moving, if ya know what I mean. I really believe it's necessary from time to time if QWL is to be followed long term.

I would never suggest to not eat at all, so on a veggie note, this is a good option too if someone is not feeling well but understand you will change the way your body burns, and you will not be able to eat as much meat as you like on those veggie days without gaining. If we are feeling sick on our diet, a change must be made. We cant have anyone passing out on us and falling on their pretty faces! As much as some of us would pick weight loss over health - Health has to come first.
now look at some great advice!
Quote:
And PS-ye have blueberry bagels??? Yes that was the first thing that jumped out at me from your post!!! We only have plain and seedy ones!
OMG cheddar and jalapeno are the greatest!
from the Brueggers site (their bagels suck BTW)
Bagels
Cheddar Pesto Bagel (Limited Time!)

Asiago Parmesan

Blueberry

Chocolate Chip (select markets)

Cinnamon Raisin

Cinnamon Sugar

Cranberry Orange (select markets)

Egg

Everything

Fortified (select markets)

Garlic (select markets)

Honey Grain

Onion

Plain

Poppy

Pumpernickel

Rosemary Olive Oil

Salt (select markets)

Sesame

Sourdough (select markets)

Sundried Tomato (select markets)

Whole Wheat
Bagel Bowl

Jalapeno Cheddar (select markets)

Trail Mix Bagel (Select Markets)

Cinnamon Crunch Bagel
Quote:
I didn't see Mr.Comment!! He was busy at a meeting so I quickly made my excuses and left!!.......but he's still around til Wednesday!! Saw his cow of a secretary-who goes oh you're still on the diet,I see! So I said yup I am-and loving it! ha! (like you guys know how much I look forward to my bowls of mustardy tuna!) The cow starred at my waist theee whole time-like a leery man who would stare at boobs!!! i actually thought I had spilled something! And I know I'm being really beeetchy here-but omg I swear she was wearing what can only be described as flowery pajamas!!!
Mr. Comment I'll bet his cow fumes when he fawns over you. Now we know-he doesn't much like her minding his stall when there are so many lovely hens in the barnyard!
Ugh, tent clothes......
Quote:
Gorgeous weather here-and theres a huge antique market in the street where I live. And there's another Spring market in the tomorro-mainly food!! But the shops are open!!!! They're never open a Sunday in Germany!
I've got my legs out too!! Short skirt and no black tights! It's a big day when I get my legs out peeps!!
yay junk shopping! My second lover!
and I was happy with no socks, open toes and even was brave enough to whip off my jacket at the market! Wearing tucked in CKJeans tee and RL jeans with a black harness belt! OMG haven't done that in years! Felt soooo good.
Quote:
I have no idea, Al. I'll never eat like a 'normal' person so 98% of the time will be Stills. I honestly think it's harder to eat bits of everything. Dunno but I reckon if you think you won't get back to QWL quickly then don't eat anything other than meat. Not for a while, until you really think you can do it. And I wouldn't treat with the thing you like the best. I know that sounds crazy! But I really thought that 10Commandments book was brilliant. I meant to buy it actually. It was def a bit depressing, but hey if we have to do what he says to keep our weight in check, then....... So treat with the thing you think you can control. That's why I can do it with bread or something.
I just keep repeating over and over again, when I really want something bad ie chocolate or cookies---tried them all before, made me unhappy and then always be there, i can have them someday--and so then it's not like i have to have them now.
Honestly, girl, I wish I had the answers, for all of us. as i've said before, it would be my wish from Aladdin-to have a healthy relationship with food and my body!!!
sometimes you don't see the forest for the trees....
I think you may not realize that this is normal eating and a healthy relationship.
And kudos to GT on Treat with the thing you think you can control.
That really says a lot in very little space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
ok I have come back and alive and fighting from the "no food" nightmare from last night

I have another 6 hour event tonight and BOY AM I READY

I went to the grocery store and I got stocked on all the proper Stillman friendly items.

My plan is to get full of meat before my work shift, and then at about 7pm, open my cooler and eat my prepared dinner.

No worries, no issues, no problems. The preparation is done

And on a positive note, I went into the Ralph Lauren store with my fiancee, who was buying shirts and I found a nice pair of pants on sale. I tried on size 6 and they fit perfect! I bought them, of course...we arent supposed to be spending money, but when a pair of pants from Ralph Lauren, are on sale, and they fit. you buy them and you run!!

yeah...

My fiancee said he would not stand by any diet that made me sick, so I am going to make sure I am careful and doing everything right, or he is going to make me eat a lot of bread and vegetables...
RL 6 tel himself to kiss your sweet bootay and you're never eating carbs again!
Quote:
Tanya-that sounds like a plan!!!! Go you!! And don't work too hard!!
Yay on the pants! CC will be proud-she loooove RL!!
yep, Mom and me, we feel like stalkers in the store
and all the staff are always wowed when we shop, head to toe in RL. They love us
Quote:

commandments? dust off that bible and tell them to us please!

Have a good time Al, do that steak justice!

well, back early from my weekly retail terror......no nails, nothing good at the dept.store, although I did score a cute pair of black shades with rhinestones in them. Was wearing a black jacket and grey pants, the brown and gold shades did not go well.
Of course, when I opened the center console I found my other black ones but these are much cuter!
got himself the lumber list from the Home Depot........GT you would have been ROFL, me picking out 2X4's in black wedge heels
Cool you're home a bit longer.........make it a dirty week instead of just weekend
Old 04-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #564
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
sorry I'm a drive by tonight, must go feed barn kitties then a movie.......actually got himself to watch DaVinci code last eve!

Must pick one a bit more light hearted.....let's see.......Clear and Present Danger, Out for Justice, the Ninth Gate.......oh yeah, babes, I love my cop shoot 'em up flicks and pagan scaries!

Have lots of fun skinny chiicks! It's Saturday eve!
Old 04-09-2011, 04:07 PM   #565
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rebeccadeel
Stats: 267/167/117
WOE: stillmans qwl
hiiii everyone i am back. haven't been doing stillmans....went to the Dr last week because i was vomiting after everymeal (not intentional) and found out i had a hernia in my poor belly and because ive lost so much weight i have basically an empty space behind my stomach so my intestines tangled up behind my stomach and went into the hernia so had to have emergency surgery to fix it and while he was in there saw cyst on my ovaries that were about to rupture that he removed AND my appendix was on the verge of bursting also and removed that. SOOO basically i've been in a lot of pain recovering ....was down before surgery to 167 (-100lbs woooop woooop!!!) but after getting home from the hospital i was 173. so tomorrow is day uno back on stills!! will find out wednesday when i will be able to exercise again but i'm getting sick of laying in bed all damn day!!! already getting out eggs to boil for breakfast, chicken to boil for lunch and ground turkey for dinner...YUM i can't get enough of the turkey!!!!
Old 04-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #566
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Rebecca-I hope you get better soon...Remember your health is the most important thing...
GT and Al--Your conversations are hilarious....I've never been a muffin person, but I LOVE bagels (I lived in NY for a few years)...Your bagel list CC had me drooollliinnnggg....I was the garlic/onion and asiago cheese girl....Love those with lox, cucumber and tomato...I would order that from this breakfast shop each day on my way to work....Funny how I don't miss it and haven't thought of bagels for many months....Thanks for the memories...
AkaGal--I'm so happy that you prepared this time and averted the disaster from yesterday happening again....

I went to this Children's Festival in the late morning/early afternoon with my little niece...Cotton candy, funnel cakes, mini donuts, frozen lemonades (my favorite at 6 Flags), pizzas and then all the games...It was so much fun...I love to challenge my resolve at events like this and come home "The Happy Warrior with Discipline"...I love it!! I had three boiled eggs with mustard before I left and was ready...After getting her cotton candy and ice cream (she's a skinny little kid) I was fine...I held it for her and didn't want any..Even when the Ice cream dripped onto my hand....We got home and she wanted corn and a hot dog(she really likes corn). I had my two chicken breasts....It was fantastic....I love these types of challenges...It makes me feel good that I have embraced this lifestyle for the better....

CC, Al and GT you are right....The majority of your lifestyle will stay true to the Stillman creed...I have no problems, as Al has said, eating as much meat as I can until I am satisfied...There is no restrictions that I have come across that make me unhappy about eating meat...I try to make it interesting with the seasonings...That it what makes it not boring....I haven't cheated at all and I don't plan to unless it is planned out...I do know that my neice's b-day is coming up at the end of May...By that time I hope to be very close to goal (cross my fingers)...I know that I very small slice of cake won't kill me....I can control my eating to some degree...Chips no! Bread no! Until I get some control in my life about these things, they are off limits...We know our weaknesses....GT you discussed sweets (You brought up nutella again..YUM)...You can control the bread and other things, but those cadberry eggs and chocolate, will put you over the top....This lifestyle is challenging, but so are others....The struggle to eat properly will always be there. Now how we decided and make proper choices is up to us....
Old 04-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #567
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Amélie
I'm thinkng of adding apple cider vinegar to my diet. It helps with my BP problems. However I found conflicting articles of it affecting blood clotting. Some says it promotes, some says it prevents.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #568
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Just letting everyone know the event tonight was fine
No dizzy , no crazy stuff

I even told my manager that I was on a special program where I have to eat every two hours and she said I could take as many breaks as I needed

I had my travel cooler stocked with approved foods and ate happily and felt good !

So simple , I work again tommorow and I'm just gonna repack my cooler and go at it again

No problem

Thanks everyone for your help !!!!

This gets easier every day
Old 04-09-2011, 11:12 PM   #569
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
Only a few days in, and I already had to eat off plan. BUT, I did it with vegetables, so I don't feel terrible about it. I went out for brunch at a Mexican restaurant this morning with a friend, hoping to get eggs & turkey bacon, but when we got there, they were only serving lunch items. I was hoping they would have some kind of meaty soup, but it was just various combinations of tortillas, rice, beans, & meat...so I ordered a cactus salad. And, because I drank a lot of water before and during the meal, I couldn't even finish it. I couldn't finish a salad! And this is coming from the girl who only weeks ago was buying bags of Easter candy and eating them all in 1 sitting.

This water cure is no joke! My new water goal is to always pee clear. If my urine isn't clear, I start drinking more.

I went out with some other friends for dinner, and ordered a burger with a side salad, and didn't eat the bun. Tomorrow I'll be at a BBQ potluck, and the plan is to only eat meat & vegetables. Then it's back on the Stillman's wagon Monday.

I'm amazed, AMAZED, that I haven't been tempted to eat carby foods AT ALL. And I can't believe that drinking lots of water controls my binge eating urges. I'm mad that I even became overweight in the first place! All the binge eating help I've read says that binge/overeating is emotional, and that when we have these urges, we should check in with our emotions. It makes me so angry that this whole time I've been led to believe that it's a psychological problem when it's actually a physiological one! My body isn't giving me these urges because it's feeling emotional, it's giving me this urge because I'M THIRSTY!

Aleriaaa, I'm so excited for you with all the progress you've made. And I can't wait for enough time to pass so I can catch up with you! How much time had to pass/how many pounds did you lose before you noticed a difference in the way your body looked?

What is everyone most looking forward to happening once you reach your goal weight? Here's mine:
1) primarily I'm looking forward to having self esteem again! It's something I'm working on now while I'm still overweight, but man, my self esteem has been in the toilet for awhile now. When I'm out socializing (which I have to do often as a DJ/musician), the entire time I'm thinking to myself: "All the other women here are prettier than me. These people probably feel awkward around me because I'm unattractive and socially awkward." And I know how bad this is, but I can't stop these thoughts! I'm positive that confidence will come once I become my best possible self. I'm already feeling a little more confident now that I've discovered the SOLUTION to my lifelong problem. I can't wait for enough time to pass so that I'll be able to see the results!

2) clothes! I lost weight a few years ago and bought all new clothes. Then I gained it all back. I've hung on to these clothes this whole time, so I have a new wardrobe waiting for me in the back of my closet. All the clothes I've bought since then have been to cater to my expanding body. When I went shopping, I would buy pieces that were stretchy and tops that were long enough to cover my hips. I stopped wearing pants because I couldn't fit into my old pairs and I didn't want to buy new bigger ones. So my uniform since I gained the weight back has been leggings and cotton empire waist dresses. When I get to goal, I can wear pants! And I won't have to wear leggings under my dresses all the time! And I can wear pencil skirts! And sleeveless tops! And a bikini! I've never worn a bikini in my life.

3) Praise. As someone who is slowly building up her self-esteem again, I know I shouldn't care about others' opinions of me, but it's going to feel SO GOOD when the compliments start coming in. The praise will build the self-esteem up, and the fact that I set and achieved a lifelong goal with insure that the self-esteem sticks.

On a lighter note, I can't wait to try the egg drop soup with crab!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:46 PM   #570
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Amélie
Mine, actually better health. I want to be off my meds.
Closed Thread