Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 12:09 PM   #511
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Stay away from the meat loaf, Mar. If she's your friend she'll completely understand you wanting to lose weight. Eat the veggies that you're bringing.
I'm don't know if it's possible to lose 10lbs a month---but if not you'll be very very close!!! So give it a shot!
Again though, it will only work if you're strict-no extras whatsoever, nothing! Read the QWL sticky again---and if it's not on the list, don't eat it.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #512
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Is it possible to lose 10 pounds this month? I mean I am sure I could with no cheats but with my Moms Bday and Easter dinner (not going to touch the chocolate) could I still do it?

Looking at last months weigh in It took me a mont to lose 10 because of my cheat weekend, I need ideas to keep me on track here.

If I work out extra will that help?
And just to say, if you workout extra, of course that will help, but I reckon ya know that already. Exercise always helps-cardio for calorie burning and resistance training for toning and to build muscle, which in turn burns more fat.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #513
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Stay away from the meat loaf, Mar. If she's your friend she'll completely understand you wanting to lose weight. Eat the veggies that you're bringing.
I'm don't know if it's possible to lose 10lbs a month---but if not you'll be very very close!!! So give it a shot!
Again though, it will only work if you're strict-no extras whatsoever, nothing! Read the QWL sticky again---and if it's not on the list, don't eat it.
I have been pretty good lately if I were following 14 day shape up, which I am not, except I have cream in my coffee, I went 2 days without and then had the worst headache ever, I will have to slowly wean myself off of it and then I culd be stricter

Last edited by Mar922; 04-08-2011 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 04-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #514
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
I am down to 144.6 today! lightest I have been since before I graduated highschool thats for sure!

Now I'm thinking it wasn't so bad that the puppy ate my dinner last night because it helped me get below my first mini goal lol

and by puppy, do you mean teddy bear? Very cute pic!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #515
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
2 lbs this week. Wow and thats with the wine? Now I am beyond JEALOUS!
That is great news, 130 is a great round number
I hate odd numbers, I guess its an OCD thing

Yeah I would be down for water drinking contest, because right now I know I drink half of what I should be for this program. I am always dehydrated too!
What a mess.

Lets play ball girls!!
I just consider the wine my condiment.... I happen to like odd numbers better.... looking forward to 129, 127...

I only drank 2 bottles of water today...but there's still time left!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #516
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
the wedding is in the end of May.
Plenty of time to knock off some serious pounds. You are doing so well!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #517
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Just thinking about the cream cheese-I've mixed a low fat herb Philadelphia-like cheese into my tuna a couple of times a while ago. I'd forgotten about that-it was good, must to it again!
good idea GT!

I'm wondering how an over easy egg mixed in the tuna would taste.....I would try it if I ate eggs..
Old 04-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #518
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
I lost 3 lbs while adding coffee back in (no creme,)

I think I started my own version of repetition Stillman's on Wednesday by eating 2 eggs for breakfast lunch and dinner, yesterday chicken breasts for breakfast/ lunch and two boiled eggs for dinner then today it is all ground turkey in chicken broth day...I have certainly notice the scale wanting to slip on down....
Congrats on the 3!!! Menu sounds great!!! I dont add broth all the time, but when I do, its such a treat!!!!

I wonder what tuna + broth would taste like. Tuna soup anyone?? Dont mind me, just thinking of different concoctions now..
Old 04-08-2011, 02:50 PM   #519
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Help! Going to a my friends house for dinner and she is vegan, she is making a walnut lentil loaf for dinner and I am bringing the sides, spinach and asparagus, I am sure dinner will be great but I am scared about the loaf, If I don't eat it thats insulting, so should I just eat a small piece?

I mean its all vegan and no one gets fat eating just veggies but I still worry about the carbs from the lentils and oats that are in the loaf.

This is the recipe for the loaf, its healthy but bad for stills haha

1 cup dry lentils
3 cups vegetable stock
3 TBS ground flax seed
1/2 cup warm water
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup sweet onion, diced
1 celery stock or green onion, chopped finely (optional)
1 medium carrot, grated
1/3 of an apple, peeled, grated (makes 1/3 cup grated apple)
1/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
1 tsp kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 cup regular oats, ground into a flour (I processed the oats in food processor)
1 tbsp ground flax seed
3/4 cup breadcrumbs (I used 2 slices of Ezekiel bread, lightly toasted, and processed in food processor)

Sweet Glaze

2 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp apple butter

bring on the steak!!! Im just joking, but not really. The glaze sounds amazing though!!

Does she know your a meat eater now?
Old 04-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #520
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I have been pretty good lately if I were following 14 day shape up, which I am not, except I have cream in my coffee, I went 2 days without and then had the worst headache ever, I will have to slowly wean myself off of it and then I culd be stricter
Have you tried the ice coffee yet? The first few days, just slug it down with a straw and it'll get easier. headaches stink.

I remember going to a Dave Matthews show a while back, and all you could order was beer. I hate beer, but I sucked it down no problem with the straw!!

another thought is the cream has a little fat. Perhaps if you decide to add the cream, you could try to stay away from the eggs. Dont know if the results would differ, but thats one excuse I gave myself this week. I cream.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:58 PM   #521
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
OK I have my eating confidence back, I get so worried that it won't just be one meal but one week.

Promise us you will get right back on this board so we can help you make sure its just one day!!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #522
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
Here are some water drinking tips:

- Carry around a water bottle with you at all times. The larger the bottle, the less often you have to fill it up.

- Find a bottle that you like. I have a Rubbermaid 20 oz bottle. I like it because it's spill proof, and the mouth opening is comfortable. (I really hate drinking from a sports type bottle because you have to make your mouth use a lot of suction just to get a small amount of water. And I don't like wide mouth bottles because I don't like the feeling of water touching my upper lip.) I know this sounds weird, but hey, whatever works.

- Find a temperature that you like. I prefer room temperature water to cold or ice water.

- Don't wait until you're thirsty to drink. If you keep your water bottle with you & constantly filled, you'll find yourself drinking from it just because it's there.

- Fill up your water bottle before you go to bed. That way in the morning, it will be the first thing that you drink.

Here are some reservations I had before becoming a water drinking advocate, and how I got over them:

- But won't I have to pee a lot?
At first, yes. But I'd rather be skinny and peeing all the time than overweight. Maybe some of the magic of water is that it makes you burn calories by walking to the bathroom all the time. And, from what I've read, after a while your body gets used to being properly hydrated and you won't have to go as often.

- I heard that 8 glasses a day isn't necessary, and I can get that water from eating watery foods and drinking other liquids.
If you follow this advice, nothing bad will happen to you, but then you won't get the benefits that come with drinking more water!

- Isn't too much water bad for you?
It can be if you don't have enough salt in your diet. The Water Cure recommends putting a pinch of sea salt in your water, or you can put a pinch on your tongue before you drink the water. I bought some fancy Celtic sea salt and I really like the flavor. I don't bring salt with me to work, so I just drink my water plain during the day. Then when I come home, I add the salt. A pinch of salt doesn't make water salty, it gives it a nice flavor.

I've only been drinking water for 3 DAYS, and here are some benefits I've noticed:

1) It remedies my urge to binge! An urge I've had my entire life. An urge that I've tried to treat unsucessfully by white-knuckling it, breathing techniques, supplements, changes in diet. Drinking water doesn't entirely stop the urges from coming on, but it makes them go away within MINUTES! And I suspect that the more I keep up with my water intake, the fewer and far between these binges will be.

2) My skin is smoother!

3) My mood has changed. I don't know if I can entirely credit it to water (it could be from eating only meat, or it could just be a fluctuation, etc.), but before I started drinking a lot of water, I was miserable. I know feel calm and upbeat.

If you need more convincing, there are some good websites and videos on youtube when you search for "water cure".
Great update MILO!!! Im also throughly impressed that you are just a few days into Stills and your mood is up!!! Must be the magic water!!
Old 04-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #523
Blabbermouth!!!

hey... what happened to IM2, Becky and msgirl??? come in IM2. come in Becky. come in msgirl..
Old 04-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #524
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Help! Going to a my friends house for dinner and she is vegan, she is making a walnut lentil loaf for dinner and I am bringing the sides, spinach and asparagus, I am sure dinner will be great but I am scared about the loaf, If I don't eat it thats insulting, so should I just eat a small piece?

I mean its all vegan and no one gets fat eating just veggies but I still worry about the carbs from the lentils and oats that are in the loaf.

This is the recipe for the loaf, its healthy but bad for stills haha

1 cup dry lentils
3 cups vegetable stock
3 TBS ground flax seed
1/2 cup warm water
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup sweet onion, diced
1 celery stock or green onion, chopped finely (optional)
1 medium carrot, grated
1/3 of an apple, peeled, grated (makes 1/3 cup grated apple)
1/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
1 tsp kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 cup regular oats, ground into a flour (I processed the oats in food processor)
1 tbsp ground flax seed
3/4 cup breadcrumbs (I used 2 slices of Ezekiel bread, lightly toasted, and processed in food processor)

Sweet Glaze

2 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp apple butter
I beg to differ.

I gained all of my weight as a vegan. Lost my hormones and had bad dental problems, too.

If you love her eat half a slice, diet can wait, freinds may not be there tomorrow.

aside from the obvious sugars, the flax and nuts may not make it a suicide bomb.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #525
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
I didn't get a chance to weigh myself today-still out! I wanted to see if I went down another pound. Booooo
Old 04-08-2011, 04:14 PM   #526
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Mar- I agree with the ladies..Your friend should be understanding with your dietary needs..Perhaps you will not bring meat over to her house out of respect, I don't think it would be unreasonable for you to just stick with the plain non-starchy vegetables and NO loaf..If she is a true friend, she will certainly understand and not take it personal. Also, stay motivated. You can do it. Besides we are going to start virtual jogging in the morning together on Monday..

Al- Tuna and broth..That is interesting (not in a good way for me) JK...You know what I do? I love egg drop soup. In fact I haven't made it in awhile..I make the basic recipe that is listed on the tread above and add either shrimp or canned crab..I tell you the crab in the egg drop is delicious..There is this broth that I get that has no sodium..It is sodium free and comes in a package of 8 that dissolves..I only buy this because the other broths have so much sodium..

GT- curious as CC is what happened with the co-worker that isn't minding his business..
Milo- Thanks so much for the water tips

Looks like an egg drop and ground turkey weekend....
Old 04-08-2011, 04:17 PM   #527
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
Good Morning,
It seems like things are on the up and up here today..People are decreasing as normal, wedding dresses are being fit into nicely (congrats AkaGal ), people are shopping and fitting into lower sizes (YAY AL ) and the H2O challenge is underway(no cheat April and water challenge all in the same month..Awesome)...Great news all around..

I guess this week, I lost 3 lbs while adding coffee back in (no creme,) and I forgot to mention that my Walden Farms items came in....I know CC, you don't approve...I actually made peanut butter and chocolate drops...I take a drop of peanut butter spread and top it with some of the chocolate and place it in the freezer for a couple of hours...Voila!! A nice treat..It satisfies my peanut butter craving and it is nice to indulge in every now and again...Also and most importantly, it didn't add any weight whatsoever..

The cream cheese in the tuna sounds excellent GT and ICDI..Unfortunately, I have no control over cream cheese because I love it so much...I took the three pkgs that I had and put them in the frezzer..Sounds great ICDI, but use GT's advice to get the low fat kind...I cannot and will not be joining you on that venture..

I think I started my own version of repetition Stillman's on Wednesday by eating 2 eggs for breakfast lunch and dinner, yesterday chicken breasts for breakfast/ lunch and two boiled eggs for dinner then today it is all ground turkey in chicken broth day...I have certainly notice the scale wanting to slip on down....

So on to the second week of April...My goal is to lose 2-3lbs...Since I will begin jogging in the morning again on Monday, I hope that the decrease is even more...Take care everyone and I will drop in periodically on the weekend!!

Again, if you make a mistake, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again....No one ever said it was going to be easy on any path..We all make mistakes....Fortunately, you have complete control over this and through this lifestyle change, I know you can do it...
naw, I don't care if ppl do WF, I just report the surveys show most ppl think they're awful.

cheers to your goal!
Old 04-08-2011, 08:57 PM   #528
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Struggled a lot at my events this week . Without my food at hand , I felt dizzy and almost passed out twice

I was so embarrassed and everyone was accusing me of starving myself and i was trying to explain to them that I didn't have time to pack and prep my foods, so I was stuck

I had a black coffee and an egg during 6 hours of work tonight and it was brutal , but all my fault

Tomm morning , first thing I'm stocking up on " travel Stillman" lunch and dinner!! I learned the hard way
Ugh
Everyone kept saying just eat something from the food court , I couldn't do it

As soon as I got Home, I ate the rest of my deer meat with mustard
Then had a large water and sugar free jello as a treat

I'm going to the grocery store and getting turkey and chicken slices from the deli, plus tons of tuna pouches

Tonight was a nightmare
But I did not touch that food court , my friend offered me half her blueberry bagel and I was horrified, she looked at me like I was crazy.... Rightfully so

Last edited by akagal20; 04-08-2011 at 09:00 PM..
Old 04-09-2011, 04:42 AM   #529
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
If you love her eat half a slice, diet can wait, freinds may not be there tomorrow.

aside from the obvious sugars, the flax and nuts may not make it a suicide bomb.
did I ever tell ya you give great advice! Im always sooo gung ho about not cheating, but then you step in, and give great simple advice. Shows me that you have all the control, and I still have a lot to learn!

But that doesnt mean Im gonna change and start going easy on anyone!
Old 04-09-2011, 05:09 AM   #530
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Struggled a lot at my events this week . Without my food at hand , I felt dizzy and almost passed out twice

I was so embarrassed and everyone was accusing me of starving myself and i was trying to explain to them that I didn't have time to pack and prep my foods, so I was stuck

I had a black coffee and an egg during 6 hours of work tonight and it was brutal , but all my fault

Tomm morning , first thing I'm stocking up on " travel Stillman" lunch and dinner!! I learned the hard way
Ugh
Everyone kept saying just eat something from the food court , I couldn't do it

As soon as I got Home, I ate the rest of my deer meat with mustard
Then had a large water and sugar free jello as a treat

I'm going to the grocery store and getting turkey and chicken slices from the deli, plus tons of tuna pouches

Tonight was a nightmare
But I did not touch that food court , my friend offered me half her blueberry bagel and I was horrified, she looked at me like I was crazy.... Rightfully so
So sorry you went through this! Planning is the key for the next time, but please dont forget that a hamburger patty (or 2) is a good choice in a time of need. Vitamins may also be a good thing to add if you arent doing so already. (Although, I dont take them myself)

If anyone is feeling fatigue, nausea, dizziness, or legs like lead, I feel the next best thing to continue the weight loss streak is fat. It also helps get things moving, if ya know what I mean. I really believe it's necessary from time to time if QWL is to be followed long term.

I would never suggest to not eat at all, so on a veggie note, this is a good option too if someone is not feeling well but understand you will change the way your body burns, and you will not be able to eat as much meat as you like on those veggie days without gaining. If we are feeling sick on our diet, a change must be made. We cant have anyone passing out on us and falling on their pretty faces! As much as some of us would pick weight loss over health - Health has to come first.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:19 AM   #531
Big Yapper!!!!

You talk so much sense, Al!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:22 AM   #532
Big Yapper!!!!

Tanya-you poor thing. QWL is thee worst diet to be doing if you've to eat out. You'll always get low-fat stuff but it's hard finding QWL stuff. You've gotta bring your own. Wow on not giving in even though you must have been starving!
And PS-ye have blueberry bagels??? Yes that was the first thing that jumped out at me from your post!!! We only have plain and seedy ones!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:28 AM   #533
Blabbermouth!!!

GT!!!!!! Ive never had a blueberry bagel, but a blueberry cake donut...yum!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:29 AM   #534
Big Yapper!!!!

I didn't see Mr.Comment!! He was busy at a meeting so I quickly made my excuses and left!!.......but he's still around til Wednesday!! Saw his cow of a secretary-who goes oh you're still on the diet,I see! So I said yup I am-and loving it! ha! (like you guys know how much I look forward to my bowls of mustardy tuna!) The cow starred at my waist theee whole time-like a leery man who would stare at boobs!!! i actually thought I had spilled something! And I know I'm being really beeetchy here-but omg I swear she was wearing what can only be described as flowery pajamas!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 04-09-2011, 06:30 AM   #535
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
GT!!!!!! Ive never had a blueberry bagel, but a blueberry cake donut...yum!
Hey you!! Yeah and blueberry muffins..........heated........with ice-cream........!!!oh the good old days!!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:32 AM   #536
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I didn't see Mr.Comment!! He was busy at a meeting so I quickly made my excuses and left!!.......but he's still around til Wednesday!! Saw his cow of a secretary-who goes oh you're still on the diet,I see! So I said yup I am-and loving it! ha! (like you guys know how much I look forward to my bowls of mustardy tuna!) The cow starred at my waist theee whole time-like a leery man who would stare at boobs!!! i actually thought I had spilled something! And I know I'm being really beeetchy here-but omg I swear she was wearing what can only be described as flowery pajamas!!!
Im so glad you dodged the run-in!! You did good with the other one.. Smiled. Responsed. Moved ON!! Woohoo!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:33 AM   #537
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok I was ratty yesterday and I know I took the head of Mar (irish expression for I was a cow to you) Sorry.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:35 AM   #538
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hey you!! Yeah and blueberry muffins..........heated........with ice-cream........!!!oh the good old days!!
daydreaming about the tops! love the tops. They actually make a muffin top bake pan for maximum tops..

actually..these jeans Im wearing are giving me a little too much muffin toppage..
Old 04-09-2011, 06:35 AM   #539
Big Yapper!!!!

I was meant to go home on Monday week, but I just wanna go home so badly so I changed my flight til Friday. Cost me 95E extra!! But it gives me an extra weekend at home! And I literally have 20mins to make the bus to the airport after class!!!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:38 AM   #540
Big Yapper!!!!

Gorgeous weather here-and theres a huge antique market in the street where I live. And there's another Spring market in the tomorro-mainly food!! But the shops are open!!!! They're never open a Sunday in Germany!
I've got my legs out too!! Short skirt and no black tights! It's a big day when I get my legs out peeps!!
Closed Thread