Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #481
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
you are right!
Yesterday I was shocked, I added just a touch of Mustard to my tuna pouch, and it made a whole world of difference

Speaking of that, its time to go to the grocery store and re-stock on the tuna.

One time I made the mistake of grabbing one of the pre-seasoned/flavored tuna pouches, and I Read the nutrients, and my eyes bugged out of my black little head!! so much additives that are not stillman friendly..

WE are better off buying plain and seasoning accordingly, like you said..
OMG and the price, too! Plain is best for me! I'm too cheap!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
haha we are up in the wilds. Not that far up North for me thank goodness! My family is From Nunavut I wouldn't want to live there year round

I hate hills! I once biked up a false flat, where it looks like you are biking on is flat road but its a very gradual incline, I almost died! I actually got off my bike and jumped into someones van and got them to drive me haha
she called a cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
I was going to cheat yesterday! I pictured everyone saying I'm fat (I'm going to a wedding) and that stopped me from cheating.
yay you! Just picture the cheat food stuck to your hips.....eek....so not worth it!
Quote:
Sometimes I wish I was allergic to carbs. That way I wouldn't be tempted lol.
we all are...when we eat them we break out in fat!

Aka sounds like our goals are similar......but are you big boned? I'm a monster amazon....I bet I could still bench 135

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #482
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
I forgot mention I'm 216 today!
Old 04-07-2011, 04:26 PM   #483
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Quote:
Congrats

I like coming to this thread because I always know someone is going to give me a little morsel of good news in their life...You and others provide that for me...Regardless of our everyday lives, we can always get some happy decrease news from someone in the world...It helps each and everyone of the determined bunch to stick with the plan and know that everything will work out with patience....

Last edited by PsychDoc3; 04-07-2011 at 04:31 PM..
Old 04-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #484
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Yeah baby yeah !!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:58 PM   #485
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
OMG and the price, too! Plain is best for me! I'm too cheap!

she called a cab

yay you! Just picture the cheat food stuck to your hips.....eek....so not worth it!

we all are...when we eat them we break out in fat!

Aka sounds like our goals are similar......but are you big boned? I'm a monster amazon....I bet I could still bench 135
Hi CC
I'm normal boned for sure
At any weight under 140 I look extremely thin
I really like 140 to 145 , that 5 Lb range , prefer 140 on the dot
I was 153 this morning so it seems like Stillman will take me on home soon!!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:00 PM   #486
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I think I want to start Jogging on Monday too, I have been waiting for the weather to get nicer to start, I printed up the couch to 5K program 2 months ago in anticipation of spring and although there is still some snow and ice on the ground I think I will be ok for now because its mostly walking at first.

I don't know if I can do 6 days a week! once summer statrs I will be able to, so maybe it will give me time to work my way up haha, right now I walk 5X a week and do weights 3... Does walking count as Cardio? I never think it does.
Walking totally counts !
Especially on an incline on the treadmill with arms pumping !
Old 04-07-2011, 07:41 PM   #487
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Checkin in to see what happened to GT today. Hope all is well, girl.

and wow! All the exercise talk! One conversation I have absolutley nothing to contribute too. LOL!

I went to the mall tonight and walked for 3 hours. All the trying on clothes, the grunting and jumping to puull the jeans up, all 45 pairs...sigh... that has to count as cardio, right? LOL! I was starting to sweat peeps....and I couldnt even find a pair I liked....

I wouldnt be surprised if I were sore tomorrow...
Old 04-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #488
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post

and wow! All the exercise talk! One conversation I have absolutley nothing to contribute too. LOL!

I went to the mall tonight and walked for 3 hours. All the trying on clothes, the grunting and jumping to puull the jeans up, all 45 pairs...sigh... that has to count as cardio, right? LOL! I was starting to sweat peeps....and I couldnt even find a pair I liked....

Im jealous !! Thats what I go through with all my nice expensive designer jeans sitting in my closet that are 1 or 2 sizes too small but you are trying on jeans that fit ! Lucky
Old 04-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #489
Senior LCF Member

I have news !!!!!

10 days ago my wonderful wedding dress was delivered and unfortunately did not fit, as in , the zipper stopped half way up my back and my friennd could not work it up

Thanks to Stillman and only 7 days of hard time Im down 7 lbs and..... I tried on my dress and that puppy zipped right on up!! Wowzaaaaaa

I did a happy dance for 20 minutes then went to eat meat!!

I was devastated when I got the dress and now the dress is seeming loose.. I'm not even half way to my goal

I just told my fiancee that I am getting used to this, I don't think i want to give this up, its like ive found a secret weapon

My cravings are going away.... All I crave now is to be lean and mean!!

Last edited by akagal20; 04-07-2011 at 08:43 PM..
Old 04-07-2011, 10:03 PM   #490
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
Yeahhh, aka! That's awesome!!!

It's still really early in the game for me, but I'm incredibly optimistic that I've finally found a cure for my binging/compulsive overeating...drinking water!

For the past 2 days I've been carrying around a 32oz water bottle & sipping from it and refilling it constantly. I used to think that the advice to drink more water was bunk...that if I drank more water, it would feel like I was forcing myself. But I've found I'm not forcing myself at all, I'm actually craving it.

In my research about intuitive eating, I learned the difference between real hunger and compulsive hunger. Real hunger is a gentle hollowness. Compulsive hunger is an urgent sensation of "oh my god I need to eat something right now!" Every diet I've ever been on, successfully or not, never made a difference with my constant compulsive eating cravings. I had 2 compulsive eating urges today. Instead of eating, I filled up my water bottle and drank and drank until the feeling went away in a couple of minutes. Then later in the day, even after I drank my water, I noticed a gentle warm hollowness in my belly that made me realize: "Oh, now this is what hunger feels like. Time to eat."...and then I ate meat and drank water until the warm hollow feeling went away.

I have been confusing hunger with thirst for my entire life! If any of y'all suffer from compulsive urges to binge/overeat, I can't recommend "the water cure" enough.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:30 AM   #491
Blabbermouth!!!

AKAGAL!!!! What awesome news! I am so happy for you!!! Now dont go losin too much or you'll be swimming in it!! Not only was it 7 pounds but inches too!!!

Milo- It wasnt until I found Stillmans that I realized what real hunger was. If Im hungry, chicken sounds like a good idea, if Im not, chicken is the last thing on my mind. I really enjoyed the watercure site. Im ready to up my fluids now and drink my h2o straight! If I can do black coffee, I should be able to handle a little water, right??! ! Can't wait to pick up a really cool water bottle, but for now I will refill my Poland Springs all day!
Im so glad it's all working out for you!

Who's up for a little water drinking competition? I bet Akagal is game..
Old 04-08-2011, 04:33 AM   #492
Blabbermouth!!!

So guess what Al lost this week? 2 pounds...Im thrilled of course, but can I get a 3 at some point??

Isn't this the typical Atkins loss? and those guys get to eat bacon cheeseburgers!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:36 AM   #493
Senior LCF Member

What do you guys think about creme cheese? I'm thinking about making a oopsie bun. I just need to go out and get the creme cheese. If creme cheese isn't a good idea, what can i substitute it with?

I tried on my dress as well but it was tight. I am going to be wearing it to the wedding i'm going to. The last time i wore it i was about 170 or 180? I'm not sure so let's see when it fits me!!

edited to add: the wedding is in the end of May.

Last edited by icandoit; 04-08-2011 at 05:39 AM..
Old 04-08-2011, 05:52 AM   #494
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
woot woot! rock on, girl!
Quote:
Hi CC
I'm normal boned for sure
At any weight under 140 I look extremely thin
I really like 140 to 145 , that 5 Lb range , prefer 140 on the dot
I was 153 this morning so it seems like Stillman will take me on home soon!!
I thought so, you have a lovely bone structure. Seriously, JLo got nuthin' on you, babe!
Quote:

shopping burns cals...check out the amounts with a full grocery cart at Livestrong-it's like 500/hour!

Quote:
I have news !!!!!

10 days ago my wonderful wedding dress was delivered and unfortunately did not fit, as in , the zipper stopped half way up my back and my friennd could not work it up

Thanks to Stillman and only 7 days of hard time Im down 7 lbs and..... I tried on my dress and that puppy zipped right on up!! Wowzaaaaaa

I did a happy dance for 20 minutes then went to eat meat!!

I was devastated when I got the dress and now the dress is seeming loose.. I'm not even half way to my goal

I just told my fiancee that I am getting used to this, I don't think i want to give this up, its like ive found a secret weapon

My cravings are going away.... All I crave now is to be lean and mean!!
dresses can be altered......don't sweat it.
And welcome to the secret weapon! LC for life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
Yeahhh, aka! That's awesome!!!

It's still really early in the game for me, but I'm incredibly optimistic that I've finally found a cure for my binging/compulsive overeating...drinking water!

For the past 2 days I've been carrying around a 32oz water bottle & sipping from it and refilling it constantly. I used to think that the advice to drink more water was bunk...that if I drank more water, it would feel like I was forcing myself. But I've found I'm not forcing myself at all, I'm actually craving it.

In my research about intuitive eating, I learned the difference between real hunger and compulsive hunger. Real hunger is a gentle hollowness. Compulsive hunger is an urgent sensation of "oh my god I need to eat something right now!" Every diet I've ever been on, successfully or not, never made a difference with my constant compulsive eating cravings. I had 2 compulsive eating urges today. Instead of eating, I filled up my water bottle and drank and drank until the feeling went away in a couple of minutes. Then later in the day, even after I drank my water, I noticed a gentle warm hollowness in my belly that made me realize: "Oh, now this is what hunger feels like. Time to eat."...and then I ate meat and drank water until the warm hollow feeling went away.

I have been confusing hunger with thirst for my entire life! If any of y'all suffer from compulsive urges to binge/overeat, I can't recommend "the water cure" enough.
confusing hunger with thirst for my entire life.........yep, that would be me.
Quote:
So guess what Al lost this week? 2 pounds...Im thrilled of course, but can I get a 3 at some point??

Isn't this the typical Atkins loss? and those guys get to eat bacon cheeseburgers!!!
but they have to excersize....to lose eating like that
Old 04-08-2011, 05:52 AM   #495
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

2 lbs this week. Wow and thats with the wine? Now I am beyond JEALOUS!
That is great news, 130 is a great round number
I hate odd numbers, I guess its an OCD thing

Yeah I would be down for water drinking contest, because right now I know I drink half of what I should be for this program. I am always dehydrated too!
What a mess.

Lets play ball girls!!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:54 AM   #496
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
What do you guys think about creme cheese? I'm thinking about making a oopsie bun. I just need to go out and get the creme cheese. If creme cheese isn't a good idea, what can i substitute it with?

I tried on my dress as well but it was tight. I am going to be wearing it to the wedding i'm going to. The last time i wore it i was about 170 or 180? I'm not sure so let's see when it fits me!!

edited to add: the wedding is in the end of May.
it will fit soon, I know it will
End of May is so far from now, you have FOREVER( kind of , right?)

Where is the dress tight at? waist area or maybe hips?
even if nots perfect fit you can prob pull it off by end of May.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:04 AM   #497
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
it will fit soon, I know it will
End of May is so far from now, you have FOREVER( kind of , right?)

Where is the dress tight at? waist area or maybe hips?
even if nots perfect fit you can prob pull it off by end of May.
I have a hour glass figure so everywhere! Boobs, waist, stomach, and hips. The good thing is when I lose, I lose everywhere too.

I can do this!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 06:20 AM   #498
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have a hour glass figure so everywhere! Boobs, waist, stomach, and hips. The good thing is when I lose, I lose everywhere too.

I can do this!!!
If you loose everywhere, then clearly you are good to go on this dress
There are no questions in my mind!
Old 04-08-2011, 06:43 AM   #499
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
I am down to 144.6 today! lightest I have been since before I graduated highschool thats for sure!

Now I'm thinking it wasn't so bad that the puppy ate my dinner last night because it helped me get below my first mini goal lol
Old 04-08-2011, 08:22 AM   #500
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps! Just a quick fly by. Loved all the exercise talk---and yup Al shopping and trying on clothed def counts!
CC-ya were on a roll with those putdowns! I was laughing out loud!
Tanya-yaaaaaay on tbe dress!
Mars-yay on the loss! You too, Al! And ICDI!!
Cream cheese, as in Philadelphia? I reckon if you get the low fat version it would be ok. Still. allows cottage cheese so it sjould be ok.
Ok gotta go! BBL
Old 04-08-2011, 08:27 AM   #501
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Just thinking about the cream cheese-I've mixed a low fat herb Philadelphia-like cheese into my tuna a couple of times a while ago. I'd forgotten about that-it was good, must to it again!
Old 04-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #502
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
2 lbs this week. Wow and thats with the wine? Now I am beyond JEALOUS!
That is great news, 130 is a great round number
I hate odd numbers, I guess its an OCD thing

Yeah I would be down for water drinking contest, because right now I know I drink half of what I should be for this program. I am always dehydrated too!
What a mess.

Lets play ball girls!!
ok coach water it is!
Quote:
I am down to 144.6 today! lightest I have been since before I graduated highschool thats for sure!

Now I'm thinking it wasn't so bad that the puppy ate my dinner last night because it helped me get below my first mini goal lol
it's getting light and thin up in Winnipeg!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi peeps! Just a quick fly by. Loved all the exercise talk---and yup Al shopping and trying on clothed def counts!
CC-ya were on a roll with those putdowns! I was laughing out loud!
Ok gotta go! BBL
my mission in life.....to keep us smiling!

so let us know how mister smartypants did
Old 04-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #503
Major LCF Poster!

Help! Going to a my friends house for dinner and she is vegan, she is making a walnut lentil loaf for dinner and I am bringing the sides, spinach and asparagus, I am sure dinner will be great but I am scared about the loaf, If I don't eat it thats insulting, so should I just eat a small piece?

I mean its all vegan and no one gets fat eating just veggies but I still worry about the carbs from the lentils and oats that are in the loaf.

This is the recipe for the loaf, its healthy but bad for stills haha

1 cup dry lentils
3 cups vegetable stock
3 TBS ground flax seed
1/2 cup warm water
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup sweet onion, diced
1 celery stock or green onion, chopped finely (optional)
1 medium carrot, grated
1/3 of an apple, peeled, grated (makes 1/3 cup grated apple)
1/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
1 tsp kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 cup regular oats, ground into a flour (I processed the oats in food processor)
1 tbsp ground flax seed
3/4 cup breadcrumbs (I used 2 slices of Ezekiel bread, lightly toasted, and processed in food processor)

Sweet Glaze

2 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp apple butter

Last edited by Mar922; 04-08-2011 at 09:00 AM..
Old 04-08-2011, 08:59 AM   #504
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Good Morning,
It seems like things are on the up and up here today..People are decreasing as normal, wedding dresses are being fit into nicely (congrats AkaGal ), people are shopping and fitting into lower sizes (YAY AL ) and the H2O challenge is underway(no cheat April and water challenge all in the same month..Awesome)...Great news all around..

I guess this week, I lost 3 lbs while adding coffee back in (no creme,) and I forgot to mention that my Walden Farms items came in....I know CC, you don't approve...I actually made peanut butter and chocolate drops...I take a drop of peanut butter spread and top it with some of the chocolate and place it in the freezer for a couple of hours...Voila!! A nice treat..It satisfies my peanut butter craving and it is nice to indulge in every now and again...Also and most importantly, it didn't add any weight whatsoever..

The cream cheese in the tuna sounds excellent GT and ICDI..Unfortunately, I have no control over cream cheese because I love it so much...I took the three pkgs that I had and put them in the frezzer..Sounds great ICDI, but use GT's advice to get the low fat kind...I cannot and will not be joining you on that venture..

I think I started my own version of repetition Stillman's on Wednesday by eating 2 eggs for breakfast lunch and dinner, yesterday chicken breasts for breakfast/ lunch and two boiled eggs for dinner then today it is all ground turkey in chicken broth day...I have certainly notice the scale wanting to slip on down....

So on to the second week of April...My goal is to lose 2-3lbs...Since I will begin jogging in the morning again on Monday, I hope that the decrease is even more...Take care everyone and I will drop in periodically on the weekend!!

Again, if you make a mistake, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again....No one ever said it was going to be easy on any path..We all make mistakes....Fortunately, you have complete control over this and through this lifestyle change, I know you can do it...

Last edited by PsychDoc3; 04-08-2011 at 09:12 AM..
Old 04-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #505
Major LCF Poster!

Is it possible to lose 10 pounds this month? I mean I am sure I could with no cheats but with my Moms Bday and Easter dinner (not going to touch the chocolate) could I still do it?

Looking at last months weigh in It took me a mont to lose 10 because of my cheat weekend, I need ideas to keep me on track here.

If I work out extra will that help?
Old 04-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #506
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Is it possible to lose 10 pounds this month? I mean I am sure I could with no cheats but with my Moms Bday and Easter dinner (not going to touch the chocolate) could I still do it?

Looking at last months weigh in It took me a mont to lose 10 because of my cheat weekend, I need ideas to keep me on track here.

If I work out extra will that help?

Mar,

I would say 10 lbs in 1 month is doable for you. However you may actually to avoid cheating, like, at all. It depends on fast your lbs are moving currently.
You said you lost 10lbs last month, so I am sure you could pull a repeat act!
IT seemed liked if you just have to lose 10 before the end of the month, you have to round up any and all cheat situation and make the best of them.
My mom is having a bday too, we are going to seafood restaurant. You can bet your butt that is not a cheat for me. And it doesnt have to be for you. The holidays dont have to be automatic cheats for you.

Personally, I think if you worked out, you could probably get away with the alleged cheats and still lose,but it would be easier if you didnt do any major cheats AND worked out real good all month!

-T
Old 04-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #507
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Help! Going to a my friends house for dinner and she is vegan, she is making a walnut lentil loaf for dinner and I am bringing the sides, spinach and asparagus, I am sure dinner will be great but I am scared about the loaf, If I don't eat it thats insulting, so should I just eat a small piece?

I mean its all vegan and no one gets fat eating just veggies but I still worry about the carbs from the lentils and oats that are in the loaf.

This is the recipe for the loaf, its healthy but bad for stills haha

1 cup dry lentils
3 cups vegetable stock
3 TBS ground flax seed
1/2 cup warm water
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup sweet onion, diced
1 celery stock or green onion, chopped finely (optional)
1 medium carrot, grated
1/3 of an apple, peeled, grated (makes 1/3 cup grated apple)
1/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
1 tsp kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 cup regular oats, ground into a flour (I processed the oats in food processor)
1 tbsp ground flax seed
3/4 cup breadcrumbs (I used 2 slices of Ezekiel bread, lightly toasted, and processed in food processor)

Sweet Glaze

2 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp apple butter

MAR,
I dont think its insulting not to eat her loaf
She is vegan, and has a strict diet. IF she went to your house and you tried to offer her something off her diet, and she declined, would you be mad?
No, you would not, because she is on a special diet. A good friend will understand, bring something that you can also eat, and you guys can have a good time and it will be fine. I just dont see how someone who is a Vegan, of all things, can not understand another friend who is also on a very particular diet.
do you see what I am saying?
Old 04-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #508
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
Here are some water drinking tips:

- Carry around a water bottle with you at all times. The larger the bottle, the less often you have to fill it up.

- Find a bottle that you like. I have a Rubbermaid 20 oz bottle. I like it because it's spill proof, and the mouth opening is comfortable. (I really hate drinking from a sports type bottle because you have to make your mouth use a lot of suction just to get a small amount of water. And I don't like wide mouth bottles because I don't like the feeling of water touching my upper lip.) I know this sounds weird, but hey, whatever works.

- Find a temperature that you like. I prefer room temperature water to cold or ice water.

- Don't wait until you're thirsty to drink. If you keep your water bottle with you & constantly filled, you'll find yourself drinking from it just because it's there.

- Fill up your water bottle before you go to bed. That way in the morning, it will be the first thing that you drink.

Here are some reservations I had before becoming a water drinking advocate, and how I got over them:

- But won't I have to pee a lot?
At first, yes. But I'd rather be skinny and peeing all the time than overweight. Maybe some of the magic of water is that it makes you burn calories by walking to the bathroom all the time. And, from what I've read, after a while your body gets used to being properly hydrated and you won't have to go as often.

- I heard that 8 glasses a day isn't necessary, and I can get that water from eating watery foods and drinking other liquids.
If you follow this advice, nothing bad will happen to you, but then you won't get the benefits that come with drinking more water!

- Isn't too much water bad for you?
It can be if you don't have enough salt in your diet. The Water Cure recommends putting a pinch of sea salt in your water, or you can put a pinch on your tongue before you drink the water. I bought some fancy Celtic sea salt and I really like the flavor. I don't bring salt with me to work, so I just drink my water plain during the day. Then when I come home, I add the salt. A pinch of salt doesn't make water salty, it gives it a nice flavor.

I've only been drinking water for 3 DAYS, and here are some benefits I've noticed:

1) It remedies my urge to binge! An urge I've had my entire life. An urge that I've tried to treat unsucessfully by white-knuckling it, breathing techniques, supplements, changes in diet. Drinking water doesn't entirely stop the urges from coming on, but it makes them go away within MINUTES! And I suspect that the more I keep up with my water intake, the fewer and far between these binges will be.

2) My skin is smoother!

3) My mood has changed. I don't know if I can entirely credit it to water (it could be from eating only meat, or it could just be a fluctuation, etc.), but before I started drinking a lot of water, I was miserable. I know feel calm and upbeat.

If you need more convincing, there are some good websites and videos on youtube when you search for "water cure".
Old 04-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #509
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
MAR,
I dont think its insulting not to eat her loaf
She is vegan, and has a strict diet. IF she went to your house and you tried to offer her something off her diet, and she declined, would you be mad?
No, you would not, because she is on a special diet. A good friend will understand, bring something that you can also eat, and you guys can have a good time and it will be fine. I just dont see how someone who is a Vegan, of all things, can not understand another friend who is also on a very particular diet.
do you see what I am saying?
That is very true I never thought of it that way, thanks for the advice! I would never try and make her eat meat.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #510
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mar,

I would say 10 lbs in 1 month is doable for you. However you may actually to avoid cheating, like, at all. It depends on fast your lbs are moving currently.
You said you lost 10lbs last month, so I am sure you could pull a repeat act!
IT seemed liked if you just have to lose 10 before the end of the month, you have to round up any and all cheat situation and make the best of them.
My mom is having a bday too, we are going to seafood restaurant. You can bet your butt that is not a cheat for me. And it doesnt have to be for you. The holidays dont have to be automatic cheats for you.

Personally, I think if you worked out, you could probably get away with the alleged cheats and still lose,but it would be easier if you didnt do any major cheats AND worked out real good all month!

-T
For my Mom's Bday the dinner I can pull it off because it is just added veggies, and the ice cream afterwards I may be able to say I'm too full or just have a bite, lately thats all I need anyways.

Everyone knows I am a picky eater so it shouldn't be too bad for easter anyways. OK I have my eating confidence back, I get so worried that it won't just be one meal but one week.
Closed Thread