Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 09:37 AM   #451
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat430 View Post
Putting away the scale today..nothing good ever comes from it anyway. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Ok I'm sitting here-stressed!! Seriously, I'm chewing gum, and I never chew gum! I have a meeting with that coworker that comes once in a while-the one who always comments on my weight. Seriously I never know what to say-I just stand there feeling majorly uncomfortable and going a mega shade of red!! And he doesn't do it in a mean bad way-he's actually a really nice, witty guy. I just don't think he gets it. He just says out what he thinks-in front of everyone!! I hope we don't have to go to dinner-the last time omg every bit I put into my mouth was watched! I wanted to throw up!
And ya know, if I hadn't have taken these extra hours, as a favour to my boss, I would be safely x thousand miles away!!!!
It's a gorgeous day here 28c, 78f!! I'm thinking I might go and sit in the sun to calm myself down. I feel physically sick!!!
Ok I feel better now getting that off my chest! I'm gonna go make tea--the Irish cure for everything!!
what's the meeting for????????? Can he affect your carreer?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
GT-
In America, everyone thinks its beer, or something like that
too true!
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
AL-( or anyone who can help)

What do you suggest for eating " on the run"

I work a second job at Trade Shows, where I work for like 10 hours standing at a booth talking to people about products. I get breaks to eat, and I have no fridge or microwave, and of course, they have the FOOD COURT which is essentially a complete nightmare.
I can't bring my tuna or eggs because my coworkers complain and make jokes about the smell ( so annoying. I am like, really, can we GROW UP).

I need something else I can keep on me for a lunch, or snack to eat on the go, but I need to stay Stillman friendly

Help!
like, really, can we GROW UP a cooler for me, if I'm unprepared I keep a tin of nuts in the car, I grab a one pounder of FF cottage cheese or a chik breast or burger sandwich less the bun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Mar922,
If I even look at a bike, my legs double in size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo View Post
Good morning, I love coming back to all these posts.
Al I must have messed up somehow, I did what you said and had a little more meat then I was have before and the next day I was up 2.4. It really freaked me out! I don't know what went wrong. This morning I was down .8 from there, so I will just keep working on this. I don't seem to be losing the same way all of you have. The story of my life!! I'm going to set down today and try to figure out why and how to tweak things to work better.
My ex-hubby is staying with me right now and maybe thats why, HA HA! just kidding, we are the best of friends and care very much about each other. That said he can still drive me crazy sometimes, but then I just send him on his way for a while. It's the best of both worlds.
renting is so easy..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry that you have to deal with this. This is NOT OKAY. If this were me, I would straight up say: "Please don't make comments about my weight/body. It's very intrusive and makes me really uncomfortable." You could even throw in about how you find all of his other comments to be witty, or that you appreciate his humor. But seriously, if someone is making you uncomfortable, you need to stand up for yourself, because no one else will...and because you deserve to feel comfortable in your workplace.



I agree with the cooked chicken. You could also do deli slices. I'm going to try eating the occassional block of tofu & see if it affects my weight loss. My local Vietnamese market sells preseasoned & sliced tofu. I'm pretty sure I've seen similiar versions of it in regular grocery stores.
yep what she said.........you could just smile sweetly and also say, 'Tell us how you really feel.'then laugh out loud. That's American slang for when someone is really being blunt or outspoken and the statement means 'like wow we get your drift'
__________________
Laissez les bon temps rouler!!!!
If you can read this thank a teacher; since you are reading it in English, thank a veteran.
“Enjoy the little things, for some day you may look back and realize they were the big things” – Robert Brault
CCGirl is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2011, 09:37 AM   #452
Senior LCF Member
 
akagal20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 738
Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I will have to look into that!

I don't really like exercising but I have to start doing it because I don't want to be skinny fat, I also don't want to be super toned, just healthy looking, but I know if I got to goal and was say a size 6 the way I am now, or I could get to goal and be a size 4 if I work out... these are just made up numbers but I do better when I can visualize something.

Is cardio the way to go, if I want to get smaller without necessarily losing weight? I lift weights for my arms about 3 times a week so I probably need to do more.
I am glad you asked. Fitness, and Exercise are my areas of expertise!
Cardio will help you lose weight, its hard not to lose weight while doing cardio if you are on a good diet.
If you want to maintain and not lose, you can still do cardio just keep track of how many calories you are burning in relation to how many you are eating. If you are trying to not lose then make you sure you arent creating that calorie deficit they are always talking about.
Most people find that 30 to 1 hour of cardio is fine to maintain but you can do much more difficult cardio to lose weight.
3 times a week to do weights is right on target, no more than that is required.

Thats why I like Cardio Kickboxing, I am not lifting weights technically but I get defined arms due to the punching combos you have to do, People ask me if I lift, and I say NO, I just punch the air to cool music for like an hour.
What do ya know!!
akagal20 is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #453
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
GT the comeback lines are storming in now...........

"Okay, can I just slap you?'

"Oh, good, it's just my stalker!'

"I hear they're looking for judges at the Miss Universe pageant.'

'Listen to you.......all Clinton like from What Not To Wear!'

Keep talking, one day you might say something smart

"You hair looks great!...for a guy who's got his head stuck up his ass'

"are you ... hitting on me?"

"Save your breath, you'll need it later to blow up your date"

"There's just not enough Valium in this world'
CCGirl is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 09:55 AM   #454
Senior LCF Member
 
PsychDoc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Posts: 143
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Good Day Everyone,

Busy busy two days for me...
Good job everyone on the decrease
CoCo-Give yourself time...Things don't happen over night....I upped meat last week, which was a suggestion by Al, CC, GT and others...I had to wait for a bit while maintaining on 150 and went down to 149 over the weekend and now I'm down another 2 pounds to 147....Remember, it didn't take 2 days to put your weight on, it is not gonna take 2 days to take it off...Everyone's progress is different and please don't compare your progress to anothers...Just steadily watch your carb intake and make sure you are eating when hungry and not all the time...Make sure it is lean and go forth with your day...It will all work out...Eventually, your body has to give it up...I had to remember that I had not eliminated for a while and when I did, PRESTO, weight was gone the next day...Make sure to gulp lots of water and you will be fine....I'm wishing you all the best
AkaGal and Mar--Happy biking...That sounds like fun I think the last time I biked was when I was studying abroad in France and rented a bike to go around Pau...It was great....Congrats on the reduction you two!! Fantastic
GT-Forget about the person at work...You know what you are doing and can ignore...I have only had those "don't get too small" comments from my Dad who I rarely see(only on the phone all the time), So no big deal...
So I reintroduced coffee into my diet yesterday (2) cups with 2 Splenda and noooo cream...It was okay..I had some again today...As of this morning my weight is 147 so I am happy that the trend is going down...We all have goals, and mine is to be around 140 by the end of the month...I hope I make that mini goal...I need to start exercising again, I know that would make the weight go down much faster which is what happened when I started jogging on Atkin's at 200lbs....
Well, take care lovely ladies (and gents)...Have a wonderful day
PsychDoc3 is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 09:55 AM   #455
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Man: If I could see you naked, I'd die happy.
Woman: If I saw you naked, I'd probably die laughing.

Man: Haven't I seen you someplace before?
Woman: Yes, that's why I don't go there anymore.

Man: Is this seat empty?
Woman: Yes, and this one will be if you sit down.

Man: Your place or mine?
Woman: Both. You go to yours, and I'll go to mine.

Man: So, what do you do for a living?
Woman: I'm a female impersonator.

Man: Hey baby, what's your sign?
Woman: Do not enter.

Man: How do you like your eggs in the morning?
Woman: Unfertilized.

Man: Your body is like a temple.
Woman: Sorry, there are no services today.

Man: I would go to the end of the world for you.
Woman: But would you stay there?

Man: Why aren't you married yet?
Woman: What? And spoil my great sex life?

Man: Why aren't you married yet?
Woman:Why aren't you thin?

Man: Why aren't you married yet?
Woman: Because having a husband and a child would be redundant.
CCGirl is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #456
Senior LCF Member
 
PsychDoc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Posts: 143
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Congrats to Amelie as well I certainly didn't mean to leave you out of the decrease congradulatory honors
PsychDoc3 is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #457
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
I'd insult you, but you're not bright enough to notice.

Does your train of thought have a caboose?

I have a computer, a vibrator, & pizza delivery. Why should I leave the house?

Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.

A cubicle is just a padded cell without a door.

Not all men are annoying. Some are dead.

If I throw a stick, will you leave?

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.

Chaos, panic, & disorder - my work here is done.

I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted paychecks.
CCGirl is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
Congrats to Amelie as well I certainly didn't mean to leave you out of the decrease congradulatory honors
OMG Psych, your stats are killer! It must be heaven so close to goal!
CCGirl is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #459
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
I am glad you asked. Fitness, and Exercise are my areas of expertise!
Cardio will help you lose weight, its hard not to lose weight while doing cardio if you are on a good diet.
If you want to maintain and not lose, you can still do cardio just keep track of how many calories you are burning in relation to how many you are eating. If you are trying to not lose then make you sure you arent creating that calorie deficit they are always talking about.
Most people find that 30 to 1 hour of cardio is fine to maintain but you can do much more difficult cardio to lose weight.
3 times a week to do weights is right on target, no more than that is required.

Thats why I like Cardio Kickboxing, I am not lifting weights technically but I get defined arms due to the punching combos you have to do, People ask me if I lift, and I say NO, I just punch the air to cool music for like an hour.
What do ya know!!
I used to be a furniture sales person so I was on my feet all the time and we had to pull all our own furniture when it was sold, so I used to just do cardio for fun and I had nicer arms than I do now and I weigh less now. Now I am at a desk job and I do cardio to stay fit, although all I really do is walk I just started trying to work more in there.

As of right now if I am trying to lose weight, will an hour biking help me loses inches and weight? I am ok with it not helping with the weight but i would like to lose a few more inches, there are ppl my height and weight who are half the size I am right now, I know part of it is I carry all my weight right under my belly button which is where pants sit but I would like to lose the Pouch but keep my hour glass shape.
Mar922 is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #460
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
OMG Psych, your stats are killer! It must be heaven so close to goal!
I was just thinking the same thing, WTG
Mar922 is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #461
Senior LCF Member
 
akagal20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 738
Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
Congrats to Amelie as well I certainly didn't mean to leave you out of the decrease congradulatory honors
PsychDoc, your stats do you look very good
Do you work out all the time now, since you are so close?

You may have already answered this but oh well, lets simply revisit this!
fun fun fun
akagal20 is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #462
Senior LCF Member
 
PsychDoc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Posts: 143
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Different kinds of Tuna? Ummmm your best bet is to buy tuna in water like most of us (actually that is the only way I have bought tuna) and add herbs/spices and condiments (approved of course)...I don't think I have every seen flavored tuna except with it prepared in veg. oil..Ewww... I do see achovies and sardines, however, prepared in oil and lemon and tomato, etc. The list goes on and on...But stay away from the oil based preparations and make your own little concoction to your taste...I usually add Asian or Italian or even bbq seasonings to spice up a can or two...This is with mustard to make it taste good...Just doodle around in your kitchen with the herbs and spices...You'll be amazed at your culinary prowess....
PsychDoc3 is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:10 AM   #463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Mar every time we watch Alaska State Troppers I think of you (and me) up here in the wilds :laugh;

don't know about biking, tried it once and only got 3/4 mile before enormous hill won that fight
CCGirl is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:12 AM   #464
Senior LCF Member
 
akagal20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 738
Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I used to be a furniture sales person so I was on my feet all the time and we had to pull all our own furniture when it was sold, so I used to just do cardio for fun and I had nicer arms than I do now and I weigh less now. Now I am at a desk job and I do cardio to stay fit, although all I really do is walk I just started trying to work more in there.

As of right now if I am trying to lose weight, will an hour biking help me loses inches and weight? I am ok with it not helping with the weight but i would like to lose a few more inches, there are ppl my height and weight who are half the size I am right now, I know part of it is I carry all my weight right under my belly button which is where pants sit but I would like to lose the Pouch but keep my hour glass shape.
Mar922,

I dont know if you currently use a heart rate monitor, or if you are familiar with them? I would imagine you are.
But that is the key to getting 1 hour of cardio to work for you

Once you realize what your goal heart rate is to maintain for the 1 hour, and you make sure every time you do cardio you are working at that rate, you will be right on target
Biking is going to help you a lot, as long as you are at the correct heart rate to put you in that fat burning zone.
I use to teach spin class so I am familiar with the zones, etc etc
Some people get on a bike or go to spin class and just do the bare minimum to get by and then dont get what they are losing or toning and they are always at the gym. You waste time if you arent working in your target zone.
Some people go TOO hard, and that is also counterproductive! lol
its like you cant WIN right?

oh but yes you can! that heart rate monitor will be the key

But to answer your questions, biking is good, very good. I would also throw in some type of aerobics ( fun aerobics, of course)
akagal20 is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #465
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Mar922,

I dont know if you currently use a heart rate monitor, or if you are familiar with them? I would imagine you are.
But that is the key to getting 1 hour of cardio to work for you

Once you realize what your goal heart rate is to maintain for the 1 hour, and you make sure every time you do cardio you are working at that rate, you will be right on target
Biking is going to help you a lot, as long as you are at the correct heart rate to put you in that fat burning zone.
I use to teach spin class so I am familiar with the zones, etc etc
Some people get on a bike or go to spin class and just do the bare minimum to get by and then dont get what they are losing or toning and they are always at the gym. You waste time if you arent working in your target zone.
Some people go TOO hard, and that is also counterproductive! lol
its like you cant WIN right?

oh but yes you can! that heart rate monitor will be the key

But to answer your questions, biking is good, very good. I would also throw in some type of aerobics ( fun aerobics, of course)
Sorry for all the questions But i want to do this right and you seem to be the expert, what about running? I have always wanted to try running but all I usually do is interval running if anything, is it the same thing just stay in the target heart rate zone?
Mar922 is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #466
Senior LCF Member
 
akagal20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 738
Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
Different kinds of Tuna? Ummmm your best bet is to buy tuna in water like most of us (actually that is the only way I have bought tuna) and add herbs/spices and condiments (approved of course)...I don't think I have every seen flavored tuna except with it prepared in veg. oil..Ewww... I do see achovies and sardines, however, prepared in oil and lemon and tomato, etc. The list goes on and on...But stay away from the oil based preparations and make your own little concoction to your taste...I usually add Asian or Italian or even bbq seasonings to spice up a can or two...This is with mustard to make it taste good...Just doodle around in your kitchen with the herbs and spices...You'll be amazed at your culinary prowess....
you are right!
Yesterday I was shocked, I added just a touch of Mustard to my tuna pouch, and it made a whole world of difference

Speaking of that, its time to go to the grocery store and re-stock on the tuna.

One time I made the mistake of grabbing one of the pre-seasoned/flavored tuna pouches, and I Read the nutrients, and my eyes bugged out of my black little head!! so much additives that are not stillman friendly..

WE are better off buying plain and seasoning accordingly, like you said..
akagal20 is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:16 AM   #467
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Mar every time we watch Alaska State Troppers I think of you (and me) up here in the wilds :laugh;

don't know about biking, tried it once and only got 3/4 mile before enormous hill won that fight
haha we are up in the wilds. Not that far up North for me thank goodness! My family is From Nunavut I wouldn't want to live there year round

I hate hills! I once biked up a false flat, where it looks like you are biking on is flat road but its a very gradual incline, I almost died! I actually got off my bike and jumped into someones van and got them to drive me haha

Last edited by Mar922; 04-07-2011 at 10:21 AM..
Mar922 is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #468
Senior LCF Member
 
icandoit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 776
Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
I was going to cheat yesterday! I pictured everyone saying I'm fat (I'm going to a wedding) and that stopped me from cheating.
icandoit is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #469
Senior LCF Member
 
akagal20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 738
Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Sorry for all the questions But i want to do this right and you seem to be the expert, what about running? I have always wanted to try running but all I usually do is interval running if anything, is it the same thing just stay in the target heart rate zone?
Mar922

Great Question. And keep em coming! i dont mind, answering your questions keeps my mind off the cookies sitting in our office breakroom right now!!

Running is great cardio. I personally hate it because normally to get in the right heart rate zone with running, you have to be going fairly fast, and the only thing I hate more than running, is running FAST. LOL

I am 28, and thanks to running, my knees are bad, I have tendonitis like you wouldnt believe and I am lucky I can still manage high impact cardio like I Do!

TO be honest with you, the Interval running is probably going to give you the same overall burn/result as if you were to run at a snails pace for 1 hour.
They say Interval as the BEST workout you can give yourself as far as calories

For example, if you and I were at a track. I ran 4 times around the track at like 10min/mile and ran for 1 hour ( like a black snail).. and you did just 30 minutes and did walk and sprint combos. like 1 lap sprint, 1 lap walk...your final burn would exceed mine. Even though you only did 30 minutes!!


Keep doing those Intervals girl. Sprint baby Sprint!

Last edited by akagal20; 04-07-2011 at 10:23 AM..
akagal20 is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #470
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Mar922


For example, if you and I were at a track. I ran 4 times around the track at like 10min/mile and ran for 1 hour ( like a black snail).. and you did just 30 minutes and did walk and sprint combos. like 1 lap sprint, 1 lap walk...your final burn would exceed mine. Even though you only did 30 minutes!!


Keep doing those Intervals girl. Sprint baby Sprint!
I already have bad ankles so I worry about running sometimes, but when I used to play sports it always ended up being more interval style anyways so I was ok.

I was just looking up heart rate online and what window to sat in, would you recommend staying in he 50-75% window of max heart rate or the over 75% there seem to be 2 views on this and both say they are best for fat burning haha For interval training would you still need a heart rate monitor?
Mar922 is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #471
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
I was going to cheat yesterday! I pictured everyone saying I'm fat (I'm going to a wedding) and that stopped me from cheating.
I hope no one would actually call you fat! That is a good thing to do I always think no one would say it to me but they are all probably thinking it
Mar922 is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #472
Senior LCF Member
 
akagal20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 738
Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I already have bad ankles so I worry about running sometimes, but when I used to play sports it always ended up being more interval style anyways so I was ok.

I was just looking up heart rate online and what window to sat in, would you recommend staying in he 50-75% window of max heart rate or the over 75% there seem to be 2 views on this and both say they are best for fat burning haha For interval training would you still need a heart rate monitor?
ok The intervals will be fine for you, ankles and all ( I think biking would be even better because no impact, and swimming would be good too)

If you do intervals, then yes, you are going to be in the 75% range during those high intervals ( or serious sprints).
If you were do a normal cardio workout than the 50 to 75% is where you want to be

If I were you, I would try to get the heart rate monitor.
I bought my first one, used from craigslist, for $20
Cheap, and of course now I am on to bigger and better but thats neither here nor there.

Anyway, when doing intervals you are going to jump from super high heart rate to the lower zone, thats just how intervals work their magic.
akagal20 is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #473
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
ok The intervals will be fine for you, ankles and all ( I think biking would be even better because no impact, and swimming would be good too)

If you do intervals, then yes, you are going to be in the 75% range during those high intervals ( or serious sprints).
If you were do a normal cardio workout than the 50 to 75% is where you want to be

If I were you, I would try to get the heart rate monitor.
I bought my first one, used from craigslist, for $20
Cheap, and of course now I am on to bigger and better but thats neither here nor there.

Anyway, when doing intervals you are going to jump from super high heart rate to the lower zone, thats just how intervals work their magic.
Thank you for all your knowledge, I love biking and rollerblading, I am not sure how good of a cardio workout rollerblading is but I get a heart rate monitor and see!

I am excited to lose inches to go along with the weight loss!

Do you have a goal size in mind or are you just aiming for the weight?

Last edited by Mar922; 04-07-2011 at 10:41 AM..
Mar922 is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #474
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
I slept in the morning so I just brought 3 hard boiled eggs to work with me today. I looked up the nutritional info, if I had the 3 eggs and No coffee (with cream and splenda) the eggs are almost the same if not better, anyways I didn't think I would make it through the day off 3 eggs but I am actually full and I just had my second egg.

I was loking up the repetition diets and when I saw 3 eggs I never thought that would be enough food for a day, I am still on the fence about that but I thought it was interesting that I was full after only 2 eggs, I will be eating turkey for dinner tonight to go with my 3 eggs, but i am thinking maybe the repetition thing works better than I thought.
Mar922 is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 11:36 AM   #475
Senior LCF Member
 
milo_juniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: east coast
Posts: 132
Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
More Reasons to Drink Your Water!!!

WaterCure | Frequently Asked Questions
milo_juniper is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #476
Senior LCF Member
 
icandoit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 776
Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
Sometimes I wish I was allergic to carbs. That way I wouldn't be tempted lol.
icandoit is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #477
Senior LCF Member
 
PsychDoc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Posts: 143
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
AkaGal-Ok, an answer to your question...When I first started reducing my size I walked until I got to 200lbs..I then walked/jogged and then started jogging obsessively in the mornings before rounds...Then, when I got to my first goal (160lbs) and it was cold outside where I lived prior, my exercise deminished...I really enjoy jogging, and I need to get the motivation to start it back up...A complete overhall of your dietary needs isn' the only piece of the puzzle with weight reduction...Exercise and diet go hand and hand and you are more apt to maintain at your goal if you continue exercising..It holds you accountable...Anyway, I need to get back to jogging and since the weather is better, I'll probably begin again soon. A possible Monday start date is in my immediate future..
Mar-Getting a heart monitor is good, but not necessary..I started walking first for 2 minute and jogging for 30 seconds and my interval decreased for walking and increased for jogging over the weeks..There are several websites to help people go from walking to jogging..I agree with AkaGal that for wt reduction, an hour is the minimum amount of cardio you should do 6X's per week...Even if you think you are going slow, your body will adjust and you will naturally want to go faster..Take your time. ..When I was fully jogging, I would go about 3-5 miles on most days and have a long jog on a weekend of 7-8miles..Remember a habit is formed after 21 days (I was obsessed because I would jog for 35 days and take a break for a day and do it again..Not VERY good..You tear muscle fibers when you exercise and need to give them a rest every now and again for recovery).. .I was NEVER an athlete in school..I was the marching band/science/math person in school. So exercising was something I had to get use to..I never thought I would be a jogger, but it truly is my me time..I really need to get back to it..Mar it is the spring and it would be fantastic to begin now and continue into the summer...About your ankles..If you feel that the intensity and impact are going to negativlely affect them, your bike riding is good enough and perhaps swimming would better suite you..Be careful and don't overdo it..Exercise is so good with any lifestyle change especially if you are doing this for life like I KNOW everyone is doing here
Well, I need to see some patients..Talk to you all soon..Take care and thanks for the compliments....

Last edited by PsychDoc3; 04-07-2011 at 12:41 PM..
PsychDoc3 is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #478
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
Anyway, I need to get back to jogging and since the weather is better, I'll probably begin again soon. A possible Monday start date is in my immediate future..
Mar-Getting a heart monitor is good, but not necessary..I started walking first for 2 minute and jogging for 30 seconds and my interval decreased for walking and increased for jogging over the weeks..There are several websites to help people go from walking to jogging..I agree with AkaGal that for wt reduction, an hour is the minimum amount of cardio you should do 6X's per week.....Mar it is the spring and it would be fantastic to begin now and continue into the summer...Well, I need to see some patients..Talk to you all soon..Take care and thanks for the compliments....
I think I want to start Jogging on Monday too, I have been waiting for the weather to get nicer to start, I printed up the couch to 5K program 2 months ago in anticipation of spring and although there is still some snow and ice on the ground I think I will be ok for now because its mostly walking at first.

I don't know if I can do 6 days a week! once summer statrs I will be able to, so maybe it will give me time to work my way up haha, right now I walk 5X a week and do weights 3... Does walking count as Cardio? I never think it does.
Mar922 is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #479
Senior LCF Member
 
akagal20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 738
Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Thank you for all your knowledge, I love biking and rollerblading, I am not sure how good of a cardio workout rollerblading is but I get a heart rate monitor and see!

I am excited to lose inches to go along with the weight loss!

Do you have a goal size in mind or are you just aiming for the weight?
The clothes in my closet are a size 4 and some are size 6, they are too tight
I would like to a be an even size 6, which means 145 lbs, I want to get to 135 for the fact of my wedding and honeymoon, and that gives me 10 lbs to gain when I eat up the honeymoon food,
THen i would like to remain at 145!

Thats my goal
thats it!
akagal20 is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #480
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
The clothes in my closet are a size 4 and some are size 6, they are too tight
I would like to a be an even size 6, which means 145 lbs, I want to get to 135 for the fact of my wedding and honeymoon, and that gives me 10 lbs to gain when I eat up the honeymoon food,
THen i would like to remain at 145!

Thats my goal
thats it!
Thats a pretty healthy goal! a good idea to make room for eating haha. I would also like to be a 4-6 but I am shorter than you so I need to weight less.
Mar922 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:19 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.