Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 05:56 AM   #421
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Ok I'm sitting here-stressed!! Seriously, I'm chewing gum, and I never chew gum! I have a meeting with that coworker that comes once in a while-the one who always comments on my weight. Seriously I never know what to say-I just stand there feeling majorly uncomfortable and going a mega shade of red!! And he doesn't do it in a mean bad way-he's actually a really nice, witty guy. I just don't think he gets it. He just says out what he thinks-in front of everyone!! I hope we don't have to go to dinner-the last time omg every bit I put into my mouth was watched! I wanted to throw up!
And ya know, if I hadn't have taken these extra hours, as a favour to my boss, I would be safely x thousand miles away!!!!
It's a gorgeous day here 28c, 78f!! I'm thinking I might go and sit in the sun to calm myself down. I feel physically sick!!!
Ok I feel better now getting that off my chest! I'm gonna go make tea--the Irish cure for everything!!
GT-

OMG, what a nightmare!

I know you will get through it, tommorow it will be over over over!
The weather sounds great, you need to get out there too and get some sun and air!
Oh tea is the Irish cure?
In America, everyone thinks its beer, or something like that

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2011, 06:05 AM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Now I sound like a stalker!!! i reckoned they were probably long cos you're 5'8!!!
Looooove Pilates and I can't speak highly enough of Callanetics if you wana change the shape of your legs-do it!!! I also found I bulked up slightly in the front of my thighs when I was doing a lot on the bike--i only noticed it when I got leaner(don't see muscles when they're covered in fat! he!) But they are flattening out nicely now!
I am sure they are flattening out! You are 121 lbs for Goodness sakes, is anyting on you not flat
I am 5'8, 2 inches taller than you and when I hit 140, I literally look completely straight, and very thin and people start questioning me about if I am eating! And thats at 140.

Girl you are being so silly! I did quit cycling because my legs essentially looked like, well, a cyclist. My goal now is slimness and slight tone , not like major major buff gal... I am over that phase

Looks like Pilates is in my future, and Power Yoga!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:09 AM   #423
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
he caught you!!

also, we can tell your on Stillmans when its described as "Hot Steamy Bread" instead of just bread. Im daydreaming over here of sitting in a hot steamy bagel shop!

AL-( or anyone who can help)

What do you suggest for eating " on the run"

I work a second job at Trade Shows, where I work for like 10 hours standing at a booth talking to people about products. I get breaks to eat, and I have no fridge or microwave, and of course, they have the FOOD COURT which is essentially a complete nightmare.
I can't bring my tuna or eggs because my coworkers complain and make jokes about the smell ( so annoying. I am like, really, can we GROW UP).

I need something else I can keep on me for a lunch, or snack to eat on the go, but I need to stay Stillman friendly

Help!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:10 AM   #424
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
No, it's tea for everything!! As in --will ya have a cup o tea?? You'll feel better!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:13 AM   #425
Big Yapper!!!!

[QUOTE=akagal20;14540906
I am 5'8, 2 inches taller than you and when I hit 140, I literally look completely straight, and very thin and people start questioning me about if I am eating! And thats at 140.

[/QUOTE]

That's cos you're so toned! I'm smalled boned too. And yeah unfortunately there are some places where I'm too flat!!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:19 AM   #426
Big Yapper!!!!

Dunno! I was ginna say bring tuna!! And pee off coworkers-you'll be skinnier than them!!! I know you've no fridge but if you have a cold locker, then I would say cooked chicken pieces would keep pretty well. I've kept them in my bag and they've been fine! And they don't smell! Ha!
Or I dunno what the food court is like, but I find if they have a salad bar, they'll have cooked meats. The other thing you could do is get a hamburger and toss the bun.
But really I would just bring my own.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 04-07-2011, 06:21 AM   #427
Big Yapper!!!!

I see green lights!!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:04 AM   #428
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Morning!

Down 2 today! and I got the bike out yesterday, but after reading the posts about cyclist legs I am worried haha I have always had muscular legs, I don't want them to get any meatier haha
Old 04-07-2011, 07:19 AM   #429
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Morning!

Down 2 today! and I got the bike out yesterday, but after reading the posts about cyclist legs I am worried haha I have always had muscular legs, I don't want them to get any meatier haha
Mar922,

Ok as a former cyclist, I will say that there is a love and hate relationship for me with cycling or " Spinning" as they call it in the gym classes.
The calorie burn that you get from 1 hour of cycling or spin class is like no other, period, hands down. Not even running or swimming beats it. ( no matter what people tell you).

However the muscle building in the legs is serious business unless you are constantly cycling on super low resistance at a very high rate of speed.
I think if you are genetically inclined to build muscle in your legs, you will get big legs from cycling.
If you are naturally leaner, it wont be too much of an effect on you.

If I even look at a bike, my legs double in size.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:20 AM   #430
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Morning!

Congrats on the 2 !
Old 04-07-2011, 07:52 AM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Mar922,

Ok as a former cyclist, I will say that there is a love and hate relationship for me with cycling or " Spinning" as they call it in the gym classes.
The calorie burn that you get from 1 hour of cycling or spin class is like no other, period, hands down. Not even running or swimming beats it. ( no matter what people tell you).

However the muscle building in the legs is serious business unless you are constantly cycling on super low resistance at a very high rate of speed.
I think if you are genetically inclined to build muscle in your legs, you will get big legs from cycling.
If you are naturally leaner, it wont be too much of an effect on you.

If I even look at a bike, my legs double in size.
I have been cycling for years, even went on a cycling trip through Costa Rica! I have never gained muscle in my legs so I will be ok I think, that being said I have always, always had super muscular legs, I have actually had guys who work out constantly tell me they are jealous of them haha.

I either rollerblade or cycle so either way I will be working the legs, I don't really like any other forms or cardio, are there any fun ones that don't bulk you up?
Old 04-07-2011, 08:04 AM   #432
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CoCo
Stats: Ex: 175/157/135
WOE: QWL
Start Date: June 11th 2012
Good morning, I love coming back to all these posts.
Al I must have messed up somehow, I did what you said and had a little more meat then I was have before and the next day I was up 2.4. It really freaked me out! I don't know what went wrong. This morning I was down .8 from there, so I will just keep working on this. I don't seem to be losing the same way all of you have. The story of my life!! I'm going to set down today and try to figure out why and how to tweak things to work better.
My ex-hubby is staying with me right now and maybe thats why, HA HA! just kidding, we are the best of friends and care very much about each other. That said he can still drive me crazy sometimes, but then I just send him on his way for a while. It's the best of both worlds.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:09 AM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I've never had the jiggily poof thing, but I def have noticed that my fat percentage goes up before I lose weight!
It's what we keep saying-you just keep to plan and everything will come good! Your body will eventually have to give up that fat----sometimes eventually being the operative word!!!
I would do cart wheels if I could have one of those jiggly poof things!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #434
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Cyone
Stats: To hit 199 by 08/27/2012
WOE: 17 Day Diet Cycles 1-4
Start Date: August 2011
Hello lovely Stillman followers!

I'm a little sad because I just havent't been able to stick to plan wholeheartedly Makes me wonder am I a little afraid of succeeding because I know this plan definitely works, gotta find my mindset, I would love to stick to Stillmans until May and hit my first goal just doesn't seem to working@ Does anyone have any tips?
Old 04-07-2011, 08:21 AM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
I did general LC eating (low carb, weekends I had more carbs, but weekdays were stricter but not Stillman-ish coz I had melon every now and then - I didn't know the rules then) starting March 22, and yesterday I found out I lost 20 pounds! Well, that was because the scale dial wasn't on ZERO haha Imagine how bummed I was when I realized. It was off by 5, so I did lose 15.

Here's hoping for more weight loss with Stillman!
Hi Amelie, 15 pounds good for you!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:24 AM   #436
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
A successful first day down, many more to come!

I'm amazed at how different my mood is today compared to yesterday...I really think it's because of all the water. I'm going to do some more research on the effects of mild dehydration & come back with more info.

The last time I did Stillman's I definitely wasn't eating enough meat (because I was trying to keep my calories low) and I definitely wasn't drinking enough water.

I'm confident that this time will be different because I know that lots of meat + lots of water = lots of weight loss.

Al, good call on putting pickle juice on tuna! I'm going to try it on canned salmon next.

Tomorrow I'll be having 2 large chicken breasts (cooked in the toaster oven in a shallow pool of broth), lean ground beef with chili powder and greek yogurt, and lots of WATER.

Good job everyone!!
Looks like you have done stillman before, but best of luck this time too.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:26 AM   #437
Senior LCF Member

Hi Aka, you are very pretty! What a knock out bride you will be. Congrats on the 2 down.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyone View Post

I'm a little sad because I just havent't been able to stick to plan wholeheartedly Makes me wonder am I a little afraid of succeeding because I know this plan definitely works, gotta find my mindset, I would love to stick to Stillmans until May and hit my first goal just doesn't seem to working@ Does anyone have any tips?
It took me forever to actually not cheat every couple days, I think it was a mental block I have been chubby my whole life and I was scared I wouldn't still be me or ppl wouldn't like me the same if I was smaller or something I don't know haha

For me it took losing the weight to see that ppl wouldn't treat me differently and I know the more weight I lose the easier it is to stick to plan. I started atkins and just told my self 2 weeks, I would do it for 2 weeks and if I hated it I would stop but after 2 weeks it got easier and Now its been 2 months and it gets easier everyday, it also helped me to not go near tempting places til I knew either what to order or that I had the will power to avoid and to get rid of all my tempting food except PB which if you have read my previous posts can occasionally still get me haha

I also find walking helps sometimes I feel like I want something bad and I will go for a walk and I don't want it anymore, also if I really want something I will have it but I have to wait a week or so because if its really what I want ai will still want it a week later, I do the same thing with shoes lol
Old 04-07-2011, 08:35 AM   #439
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyone View Post

Hi Cyone, I undersdtand and I think that happens to all of us. One thing that I know is that what ever we do in life it will usually start with a state of mind, a determination. I know that I have to make up my mind to something or I will not get her done. So set down and get yourself in the right state of mind, you can do this just like you already have and it will work for you because you will make it work. Now go girl
Old 04-07-2011, 08:36 AM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have been cycling for years, even went on a cycling trip through Costa Rica! I have never gained muscle in my legs so I will be ok I think, that being said I have always, always had super muscular legs, I have actually had guys who work out constantly tell me they are jealous of them haha.

I either rollerblade or cycle so either way I will be working the legs, I don't really like any other forms or cardio, are there any fun ones that don't bulk you up?
Well I guess I was more or less referring to competitive cycling, in reference to my experience, so in my cycling training we are doing speed drills, hills, high resistance drills, etc etc, so that is going to build ya right up

but like I said, some build and some dont, depending on if you are putting max effort or minimum effort
Old 04-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #441
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Hey
I am obsessed with Cardio Kickboxing
The class is offered at various gyms and some called Turbo Kick or Kickbox aerobics..

I burn around 800 per 1 hour class and its so fun, the music it great. Its sweet!!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:39 AM   #442
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
Quote:
I have a meeting with that coworker that comes once in a while-the one who always comments on my weight. Seriously I never know what to say-I just stand there feeling majorly uncomfortable and going a mega shade of red!! And he doesn't do it in a mean bad way-he's actually a really nice, witty guy. I just don't think he gets it. He just says out what he thinks-in front of everyone!! I hope we don't have to go to dinner-the last time omg every bit I put into my mouth was watched! I wanted to throw up!
And ya know, if I hadn't have taken these extra hours, as a favour to my boss, I would be safely x thousand miles away!!!!
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry that you have to deal with this. This is NOT OKAY. If this were me, I would straight up say: "Please don't make comments about my weight/body. It's very intrusive and makes me really uncomfortable." You could even throw in about how you find all of his other comments to be witty, or that you appreciate his humor. But seriously, if someone is making you uncomfortable, you need to stand up for yourself, because no one else will...and because you deserve to feel comfortable in your workplace.

Quote:
AL-( or anyone who can help)

What do you suggest for eating " on the run"

I work a second job at Trade Shows, where I work for like 10 hours standing at a booth talking to people about products. I get breaks to eat, and I have no fridge or microwave, and of course, they have the FOOD COURT which is essentially a complete nightmare.
I can't bring my tuna or eggs because my coworkers complain and make jokes about the smell ( so annoying. I am like, really, can we GROW UP).

I need something else I can keep on me for a lunch, or snack to eat on the go, but I need to stay Stillman friendly

Help!
I agree with the cooked chicken. You could also do deli slices. I'm going to try eating the occassional block of tofu & see if it affects my weight loss. My local Vietnamese market sells preseasoned & sliced tofu. I'm pretty sure I've seen similiar versions of it in regular grocery stores.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:41 AM   #443
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo View Post
Hi Aka, you are very pretty! What a knock out bride you will be. Congrats on the 2 down.
Coco

Thank you for the compliment!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:01 AM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey
I am obsessed with Cardio Kickboxing
The class is offered at various gyms and some called Turbo Kick or Kickbox aerobics..

I burn around 800 per 1 hour class and its so fun, the music it great. Its sweet!!
I will have to try that, I have p90x ad was debating just doing some of the cardio workouts, I am not ready for 90 days of intense exercise yet haha

Last edited by Mar922; 04-07-2011 at 09:09 AM..
Old 04-07-2011, 09:07 AM   #445
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
Aka....I say rock the shorts and the tight shirt, before you know it you will be the envy of all the ladies at the gym
wear 'em tight, girl!
Quote:
I only get tuna in water
me 2
Quote:
Akagirl, are you calledTanya?? Love that name, one of my best friends is called Tanya! She just had a baby last week and I missed seeing her by a day-so I'll have to wait til Easter now.
And I bet you still looked hot in those shorts-it's those long brown legs!!! Jealous, slightly orange me!!!!
And i read if you did loads of exercise or dance in the past then your muscles remember and you tone up quicker!!
oh good, will mine remember the weight training days when I looked like Schwarzenegger?
Old 04-07-2011, 09:16 AM   #446
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I will have to try that, I have p90x ad was debating just doing some of the cardio workouts, I am not ready for 90 days of intense exercise yet haha
The same company who does P90X does a program called Turbofire
and its the same thing, turbo kick style workouts, good, hot music, and lots of calorie burn..the best part..its a DVD you can do right from home.

I really enjoy it and it has a easy version for beginners and then you gradually work your way up
it creates a nice toning and fun way to burn a lot of CALS

I highly highly recommend
Old 04-07-2011, 09:23 AM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
The same company who does P90X does a program called Turbofire
and its the same thing, turbo kick style workouts, good, hot music, and lots of calorie burn..the best part..its a DVD you can do right from home.

I really enjoy it and it has a easy version for beginners and then you gradually work your way up
it creates a nice toning and fun way to burn a lot of CALS

I highly highly recommend
I will have to look into that!

I don't really like exercising but I have to start doing it because I don't want to be skinny fat, I also don't want to be super toned, just healthy looking, but I know if I got to goal and was say a size 6 the way I am now, or I could get to goal and be a size 4 if I work out... these are just made up numbers but I do better when I can visualize something.

Is cardio the way to go, if I want to get smaller without necessarily losing weight? I lift weights for my arms about 3 times a week so I probably need to do more.

Last edited by Mar922; 04-07-2011 at 09:26 AM..
Old 04-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #448
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
Hi girlies! You are are doing soooooo well!!! Noce job on the losses!!!!

Got a busy day today, but i'll be back!!

GT- I like Milo's take on the work situation. Theres been one to many times this guy has put you through it, and its gotta stop. If you cant say it in front of everyone, smile, change the subject, but definitely pull him aside before the day is thru.

coco- Give it a week. The weight will even out and start to drop again. depends on how low your calories were to start and how much youve upped them. (you could just be full of meat too, if you havent "gone")Give us an idea of what/how much youve been eating when you get a chance.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #449
Blabbermouth!!!

Tanya- If you cant bring a cool pack, then I would just order grilled chicken from the food court. I dont like to do it cause Im cheap and they'll probably charge ya the same price for the sandwich/meal.. HB eggs can sit out a long time. I would eat them even if they werent refrigerated, but that me..... and I wouldnt care about the smell from the tuna.

Youve got a goal. Dont let anything get in your way!!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #450
Blabbermouth!!!

does anyone make their own jerky? This would also be a good idea for snacks and portability.. but not the store-bought kind...

OK peeps! Have a great day!!
Closed Thread