Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 05:50 AM   #331
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Smoking in Ireland is a dirty word!!! It's not really accaptacle anymore-like sunbeds! It's banned in public places, places of work, pubs, cafes etc. If ya wanna smoke ya go outside and freeeeze! We were the first in the EU to bring it in! Our budget is in December and yup the tax goes up every year. Dunno how much they cost now, but I think approx 7E a box.
In France and Germany it's a different story. It's totally accaptable-they even talk of smokers' rights!!! It's banned indoors in some places but not really in cafes etc.
I hate it, hate the snell of it, even when I sit outside and everyone smokes around me. Oh yeah I'm one of those!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2011, 05:51 AM   #332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
sorry double post

Last edited by CCGirl; 04-06-2011 at 05:57 AM..
Old 04-06-2011, 05:55 AM   #333
Big Yapper!!!!

Theres diabetic ice-cream, but whats in that??? Sugar alcohols etc. That's not a thing I'm gonna start! I'll do without! I did have a plain yoghurt ice cream once or twice last Summer from an ice-cafe. I looked up the ingrediets and it had the least amount of sugar, it's made with full-fat natural yoghurt and milk and some cream as far as I can see so it's the best if I really want some, but I'll wait til the Summer heat for that! I get it in a cone-cos I like licking! But then throw the cone away!
Old 04-06-2011, 05:58 AM   #334
Big Yapper!!!!

Eating a huuuuge strawberry! I think they've been taking growth hormones!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 05:58 AM   #335
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
sorry double post
Saw that!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:03 AM   #336
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
Hello everyone! I was doing Stillman's back in January, and lost weight quicker than any other method I've ever tried. However, I couldn't stick with it and have since gained my weight back. But I want to try again, and I hope that some of you might have the answers to some questions I have:

1) Can I really eat as much meat as I want?
Some meals I was hungry enough to eat 4 plain turkey burgers. Another time it took 40 pieces of shrimp until I was satisfied. I'm afraid that my appetite will never die down, and that I'll be eating a lot of meat and won't be losing weight because I'll be eating at the caloric level needed to sustain my weight.

2) Bowel movements
After a few days on Stillman's, I just stopped going #2. I know it's normal because meat creates no residue in your body, but it felt SO WEIRD to not eliminate every day. Do you just get used to it? Do you take fiber or magnesium supplements?

3) What's your eating schedule like?
3 meals a day? Mini meals throughout the day? Just eat when you're hungry?

4) Have you been able to go off plan for a meal, and then get right back to Stillman's?
I'll be spending this Easter with my friend's family at an Indian restaurant, and while I'll try to pick the meatiest options, I know that I'll be sampling some non-meaty fair. I'm going to try to limit eating out, but I know that it's going to happen, and my plan is to stick to soups and salads. If I do Stillman's for a couple of months, and there are a handful of "cheat" meals in there, I'll still lose weight, right?

5) Deli meats
Do any of you eat deli meats? I don't want to try to live off of them, but oftentimes I find myself with 7-11's as my only food option. I might be eating packages of turkey slices for a couple meals a week, and I'm hoping that won't affect my weight loss tooo much.
Hi Milo!!! You were missed!!! So glad you are back and ready to get to goal with us!!

1- YES! Eat as much as you need or want.

2- I hardly ever go and when I do, it's nothing compared to what I ate for the previous 5-7 days.. I never feel discomfort from it, and Ive always joked that we would make Charmin (toilet paper company) go out of business..

3- My eating schedule varies. My 3 work days I may eat tuna or skip it for lunch but then a huge dinner. Non-work days I tend to eat more throughout the day, and still have my huge dinner. When Im home I eat when Im not hungry-thats bad but with meat, it doesnt make a difference.

4- I have not. Not because Im super-dieter but because I know I wont get right back on. If we do have a day or a meal off plan, and got right back on, the extra pounds we gain would come right back off. For me, once I get the taste of carbs back in my system its like a drug and I want more and more and it get so much harder each time to go back to meat to stick with it. I cant take that chance.

5- I dont agree with deli meat at all (sorry ), but many have included them in a pinch. I would get an ice pack lunch bag to hold my meats, or keep tuna on hand.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:06 AM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Smoking in Ireland is a dirty word!!! It's not really accaptacle anymore-like sunbeds! It's banned in public places, places of work, pubs, cafes etc. If ya wanna smoke ya go outside and freeeeze! We were the first in the EU to bring it in! Our budget is in December and yup the tax goes up every year. Dunno how much they cost now, but I think approx 7E a box.
In France and Germany it's a different story. It's totally accaptable-they even talk of smokers' rights!!! It's banned indoors in some places but not really in cafes etc.
I hate it, hate the snell of it, even when I sit outside and everyone smokes around me. Oh yeah I'm one of those!
$9 per pack of 100 cigarettes here....about the same in EU.
And hate when going in or exiting stores and such and there's that cloud in front of the door. Don't like to smell like an ashtray. It's trashy so I stay in the closet.
Quote:
Theres diabetic ice-cream, but whats in that??? Sugar alcohols etc. That's not a thing I'm gonna start! I'll do without! I did have a plain yoghurt ice cream once or twice last Summer from an ice-cafe. I looked up the ingrediets and it had the least amount of sugar, it's made with full-fat natural yoghurt and milk and some cream as far as I can see so it's the best if I really want some, but I'll wait til the Summer heat for that! I get it in a cone-cos I like licking! But then throw the cone away!
yum frozen yogurt! Good to know!

Sugar alcohols are all over the LC recipe sites, haven't really looked into them. I figure a lifetime of Splenda is questionable at best. Thankfully, I only use it in yogurt and coffee........not a whole lotta baking going on here xcept for himself.
Who again begged for baking powder biscuits (rolls, not pastry) last night.
Lucky for him it's still cold here (telly/box sez 24F out) and I need to cook up some meat....so he will have them.
I hate to run the oven when it's warm out and for only one dish, such a waste!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:11 AM   #338
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
I have more questions!

6) Calories/Food Diaries
Is anyone keeping a food diary or counting calories?
Do calories even matter if you're eating nothing but meat?
(I hope the answer is no, because I really just want to eat all the meat I need to eat to feel satisfied, and still lose weight)

I've been reading and re-reading the threads from the past couple of months, and I've definitely learned some new things since the last time I attempted Stillman's. I'm going to pay more attention to drinking water, because I think my body often confuses thirst for hunger.

Before I thought it was necessary to rotate the animal foods I ate on a daily basis. But now I know it's cool to just eat tuna, or turkey, or chicken, if that's what I feel like eating for several days in a row.

Tomorrow I'm restarting Stillman's with tuna, pickle juice, and a little bit of nonfat greek yogurt to make a tuna salad. And even if I have to eat 10 cans of tuna to feel satisfied, that's what I'll do.

If there's anyone out there who can't deal with black coffee (like me!), I've found that I can drink black coffee if it's iced. I actually prefer my iced coffee black. I've noticed that coffee houses will sometimes charge more money for iced coffee, so I don't get it from those places if I don't have to. I bring my reusable mug to 7-11, fill it 75% of the way with ice from the soda fountain, and then fill the rest with coffee.

So excited to be doing Stillman's with y'all!
I dont count anything, or keep track of what I ate. I know that as long as its meat, good things will happen. I did keep track the first time and it was a pretty boring journal...chicken,chicken,tuna....tuna,turkey,turk ey...chicken, steak, steak.. wine, wine,tuna.... The weight tracking was the fun part though...kept going down down down!!!

I totally agrree with Milo on the iced black coffee!!! I feel bad for never mentioning it to everyone before!!! Try some iced black today!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:12 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I dont count anything, or keep track of what I ate. I know that as long as its meat, good things will happen. I did keep track the first time and it was a pretty boring journal...chicken,chicken,tuna....tuna,turkey,turk ey...chicken, steak, steak.. wine, wine,tuna.... The weight tracking was the fun part though...kept going down down down!!!

I totally agrree with Milo on the iced black coffee!!! I feel bad for never mentioning it to everyone before!!! Try some iced black today!!!
I think I am going to try ice black coffee

Its that time of the month for me and my tummy is so bloated and my scale did not go up, but it did stay the same as yesterday. Is there anything I can do to help fight the bloat?

DO you guys normal just stay on target and then when its over you level back out?
Old 04-06-2011, 06:14 AM   #340
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
That's the one thing I'm def able to do--cheat and start right back!!! Box it in for yourself-as in I'll cheat this day but get right back to it, even as quicly as the next meal. It stops the -i've cheated so I might as well eat everything in site! If you're going to a restaurant, stuff yourself before you go!! Then a salad with no dressing is always good! And remember too, that's one meal, if it's in the evening, then breakfast and lunch are still to be on plan
Of course you'll still lose with a couple of cheats(look at the rest of us, nobody's 100% perfect!) the most imprtant thing is to start right back---don't let those cheats roll into one long carbfest!
Great advice!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:16 AM   #341
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I know! Cool right! You must be feeling soooo good!!! Don't worry you'll get over the stall! And I keep hearing (and i do believe it) that even if you're not losing on the scale or inches, your body is still losing fat, it's just filling the cells up with water-then you'll eventually get tbe whoosh!
RIGHT!!! Woohoo to the whoosh!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:17 AM   #342
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Ok peeps, i've gotta get my lazy backside off the couch and go do some work!! I't a gorgeous day so I'm gonna work-out, then meet coworkers for ice-cream, and no, I won't be indulging!! And then I've got to teach late classes-which I really hate in the Winter, but it's actually really cool when the weather's good cos you get the whole day in the sun while it's warm(ish!) and sunny!! BBL oh and BTW, my tan took really well!!
Enjoy the day!! So glad the tan worked out!!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:21 AM   #343
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post

I assume most of you see a gain during TOM due to water retention and then you just stay focused and it goes away ?
Im always the odd one.. I see no difference when TOM comes around except, that he's now on time every month, and much heavier. Weightloss seems to keep its course over my week. Definitely stay focused though, thats the key!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:23 AM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Im always the odd one.. I see no difference when TOM comes around except, that he's now on time every month, and much heavier. Weightloss seems to keep its course over my week. Definitely stay focused though, thats the key!!!
ok this is good news
I dont want to mistake TOM issues with a real gain, that is why I asked
Gonna keep on trucking!
MAke sure I keep this water flowing... I do feel kind of down, but I am going to eat 100 baked chicken tenders for lunch and keep my sodium intake down. I think that will help too
Old 04-06-2011, 06:24 AM   #345
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I don't care enough about cream in coffee stalling or slowing me down, I refuse to give it up and if I lose slower then so be it. That way there's no readjustment to get back on it.
this is my take on wine....
Old 04-06-2011, 06:31 AM   #346
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
$9 per pack of 100 cigarettes here....about the same in EU.
And hate when going in or exiting stores and such and there's that cloud in front of the door. Don't like to smell like an ashtray. It's trashy so I stay in the closet.
Ha! 7E for 20!!!!!!
Yeah i think trashy too! And I laugh because you see people eating soooo healthily.....and then they light up!!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:32 AM   #347
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I am going to eat 100 baked chicken tenders for lunch and keep my sodium intake down. I think that will help too
GO GAL GO!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:33 AM   #348
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
No odd here too! Ne ver gain with TOM!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:35 AM   #349
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
but I am going to eat 100 baked chicken tenders for lunch and keep my sodium intake down. I think that will help too
go you!!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:36 AM   #350
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok gotta go!!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:36 AM   #351
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Ha! 7E for 20!!!!!!
Yeah i think trashy too! And I laugh because you see people eating soooo healthily.....and then they light up!!
they cant quit now or they'd start eating everything in site. I dont care if people smoke, but the smoke clouds in front of the stores do get to me when I have the kids. I dole out the evil eye and everyone backs off a few steps hiding their cigs behind them.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:38 AM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
No odd here too! Ne ver gain with TOM!

Hey I am glad I got TWO responses,

I should not expect to gain with TOM : )

Thats great news.. I just want to be prepared for any reason to ebb and flow.

I am so strict right now, and I dont have time for even 1 lb to creep up for any reason. My best friend is on the diet too, she is a lot heavier than me, and has been losing and is cheating MAJORLY. I am a little jealous! She said she had crackers with her tuna and I am like, WHAT?!?!

I am down 6lb, and I feel like if I hit 10, that dress is gonna zippity do dah!!

My personality type is EXTREME go-getter. I hate failure. And I feed off of success. How else could I have planned a wedding, prepared for my Masters graduation plus worked two jobs all in the same Year...
I think Stillmans was made for me. My main issue is that I get edgy when the scale is acting funny, as is ( does not move!)....this morning was the first day since I started that it didnt go down, and instantly I started wondering what mistake I made the day before. LOL

Isnt that silly? The scale is not going to go down by 1 lb every day, that is nonsense.. Can I be anymore ridiculous right now?
Old 04-06-2011, 06:39 AM   #353
Blabbermouth!!!

So I had my prime rib yesterday. 2 steaks, and wine. Scale still holding at 131..

Have a great day!!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:41 AM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
How tall are you, Mar? Maybe you said!
I'm 5'3 but I always tell ppl I am 5'4, which is true when I am wearing shoes haha
Old 04-06-2011, 06:42 AM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So I had my prime rib yesterday. 2 steaks, and wine. Scale still holding at 131..

Have a great day!!
That is awesome. What a nice tasty day of food, and scale still holding.
SWEET!!!
You had like 1 glass right ? It wasn't a whole bottle of anything?
Old 04-06-2011, 06:43 AM   #356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
this is my take on wine....
and mine on vodka
Quote:
Ha! 7E for 20!!!!!!
yep, that would be me
Quote:
they cant quit now or they'd start eating everything in site. I dont care if people smoke, but the smoke clouds in front of the stores do get to me when I have the kids. I dole out the evil eye and everyone backs off a few steps hiding their cigs behind them.
wonder about that, too, eating frenzy when quit. Didn't really happen the few times I did

Oh and HATE it in front of kids...my BFF and her DH do in front of their seven y.o. and it makes me want to scream....they even taught her to fetch their beers......trashy

Last edited by CCGirl; 04-06-2011 at 06:49 AM..
Old 04-06-2011, 07:06 AM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
ok this is good news
I dont want to mistake TOM issues with a real gain, that is why I asked
Gonna keep on trucking!
MAke sure I keep this water flowing... I do feel kind of down, but I am going to eat 100 baked chicken tenders for lunch and keep my sodium intake down. I think that will help too
I find when its my tom I don't gain bu I don't lose either but as soon as its done I will start losing again or I will just drop 3 pounds over night, which is always fun to see on the scale, keep away from the salt! its taken be 3 days to get back down to my presalt binge weight, I know its just water weight but blech!
Old 04-06-2011, 07:10 AM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cat430
Stats: 5'3ish 160/147.2/110
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart March 14 2011
Finally got to the end of the all the posts

I am only down about a 1/2 pound today but really I am OK with that. I am still exercising like crazy and eating on plan.

B: Coffee
L: 1 cup romaine lettuce with 1/2 pound ground turkey & 1 SF Jell-O
D: 1 cup romaine lettuce with about 3/4 pound lean hamburger (tough time seeing the lettuce in all that meat
Water, Water, Water.

OMG - confession - my son hates his cheese on his pizza and I was eating that yesterday it was almost like the real thing

Today maybe tough, it is my sons b-day so there will be cake and ice cream around. Going to have to find a really small cake to eliminate leftovers. Out of sight...out of mind.

Exercise would be near impossible for me if I didn't add that 1 cup of lettuce with lunch and dinner. However, I know that it will slow my weight loss. I think that I would pass out as well if I did exercised and ate only meat. I am an all or nothing girl, which is horrible because if I cheat with a bite then I go all out. I am not a taster, I am an eater . I am doing the TurboFire plan that lasts I think 12 weeks. It includes those HIIT workouts that are 1 minute tough, 1 minute rest. They are short but powerful.

If I still feel crappy I will scramble some eggs with a little cheese, that always seems to make me feel better.

Have a great day everyone! Can't wait to catch up again tomorrow

151 .8 150 149 148 147 146 145 144 143 142 141 140 139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130 129 128 127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120 119 118 117 116 115 114 113 112 111 Goal 110
Old 04-06-2011, 07:18 AM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Morning!

I am finally back down to the weight I was last friday! no more salt craziness for me for a while! I have decieded that I would like to lose 10 pounds this month, thats what I lost last Month with 2 cheat (treat) weekends so I don't think it will be a problem as I only have my Moms Bday and easter dinner, they are on the same week but I am only going to treat myself to a day each not the whole week like last time lol

For my Mom's bday she wants to go for etheopian food which is actually quite healthy, the place we go to has stews that you eat with inera bread, so if I eat more stew than bread it won't be too bad... but after dinner we are going to the banana boat which is this great ice cream place that uses real cream! and I already know what I am going to get, a small PB cup blizzard with extra PB, I have never been able to eat a whole one I always used to share with the ex so I will have to have the will power to throw it out when I am done instead of try to eat the whole thing myself or freeze it to eat later.

What is everyone doing for easter?

I have always been a Ham with home made mustard (the only mustard I will eat) and mashed potatoes with Gravy girl, and maybe A veg haha seriously half the plate is always potatoes my whole "family" (I call them "family" because I am not actually related to any of them but I know them better than my own Fam and we spend all our holidays together) always makes fun of me for it. I tried the cauliflower mash and it is pretty good, so maybe I will have that with no gravy and extra ham?
Old 04-06-2011, 07:21 AM   #360
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anniebell
Stats: 183.2/172/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: March 2011
Quote:

And we all have the right to be slim and hot!
Love this! Your whole post is great but this especially speaks to me. I think I have done self sabotage in the past because I didn't believe I deserved to be thin, slim, fit, hot, all that stuff. Not anymore! I am turning that thinking around.
Closed Thread