Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Dunno really!!! I had a few--154, then 133.
We measure in stones and pounds-14lbs to a stone and so I thought 8st sounds good! If I'm really honest I would like to be lighter than that. Dunno I suppose i think if BMI wise I'm technically underweight, then I'll believe I'm 'thin'. Believe me, I know that sounds crazy! I go by celeb weits too.
Now I really go by goal measurements too, and I really want the measurements for a US size 0. I know that's crazy too. Again it's like, i know if you wear a O then you're 'thin'. I'm not too far off really, even though I don't get that at all cos there is no way in hell I'd fit into a UK/Ire 4!!!
I think goal weight are different for everyone. And I def wouldn't take any notice of me. I know mine isn't that healthy!
GT your weight is really low right now for your height , and I notice your goal is even lower ! Wowzer
You have lost a ton of weight
You started on Atkins then moved to Stillmans right ?
How much weight did you lose on Atkins before moving over
Did you exercise the whole time or start later in your weight loss program?
Do you find it harder to lose as your current weight goes down?
Are you strict on stilmans or do you have fruit or veggies ?
Also how many days do you work out ?
Sorry for all the questions !!! I hope you can give me a few answers !! Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
My goal weight is 150. I have never been anything lower but you never know- maybe I'll go lower.

Hey
What is your typical menu ICDI ..
Old 04-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My goal weight is 150. I have never been anything lower but you never know- maybe I'll go lower.
You have lost a lot of weight and this has included some cheats ?
Wow you r losing rapidly
Old 04-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
Hello everyone! I was doing Stillman's back in January, and lost weight quicker than any other method I've ever tried. However, I couldn't stick with it and have since gained my weight back. But I want to try again, and I hope that some of you might have the answers to some questions I have:

1) Can I really eat as much meat as I want?
Some meals I was hungry enough to eat 4 plain turkey burgers. Another time it took 40 pieces of shrimp until I was satisfied. I'm afraid that my appetite will never die down, and that I'll be eating a lot of meat and won't be losing weight because I'll be eating at the caloric level needed to sustain my weight.

2) Bowel movements
After a few days on Stillman's, I just stopped going #2. I know it's normal because meat creates no residue in your body, but it felt SO WEIRD to not eliminate every day. Do you just get used to it? Do you take fiber or magnesium supplements?

3) What's your eating schedule like?
3 meals a day? Mini meals throughout the day? Just eat when you're hungry?

4) Have you been able to go off plan for a meal, and then get right back to Stillman's?
I'll be spending this Easter with my friend's family at an Indian restaurant, and while I'll try to pick the meatiest options, I know that I'll be sampling some non-meaty fair. I'm going to try to limit eating out, but I know that it's going to happen, and my plan is to stick to soups and salads. If I do Stillman's for a couple of months, and there are a handful of "cheat" meals in there, I'll still lose weight, right?

5) Deli meats
Do any of you eat deli meats? I don't want to try to live off of them, but oftentimes I find myself with 7-11's as my only food option. I might be eating packages of turkey slices for a couple meals a week, and I'm hoping that won't affect my weight loss tooo much.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #305
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
love our new baby girls!

okay kids, it's time to clean out the ole inbox.....here we go.

Here are some ways to combat dry skin that are effective if practiced consistently:

Use a humidifier in the winter. Set it to around 60%, a level that should be sufficient to replenish the top layer of the skin.
Limit yourself to one 5- to 10-minute bath or shower daily. If you bathe more than that, you may strip away much of the skin’s oily layer and cause it to lose moisture. Use lukewarm rather than hot water, which can wash away natural oils.
Minimize your use of soaps; if necessary, choose moisturizing preparations such as Dove, Olay, and Basis, or consider soap-free cleansers like Cetaphil, Oilatum-AD, and Aquanil. Steer clear of deodorant soaps, perfumed soaps, and alcohol products, which can strip away natural oils.
To avoid damaging the skin, stay away from bath sponges, scrub brushes, and washcloths. If you don’t want to give them up altogether, be sure to use a light touch. For the same reason, pat or blot (don’t rub) the skin when toweling dry.
Apply moisturizer immediately after bathing or washing your hands. This helps plug the spaces between your skin cells and seal in moisture while your skin is still damp.
To reduce the greasy feel of petroleum jelly and thick creams, rub a small amount into your hands and then rub it over the affected areas until neither your hands nor the affected areas feel greasy.
Never, ever scratch. Most of the time, a moisturizer can control the itch. You can also use a cold pack or compress to relieve itchy spots.
Use fragrance-free laundry detergents and avoid fabric softeners.
Avoid wearing wool and other fabrics that can irritate the skin.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/07/op...nes&emc=tha212
Read the entire article. . . here is an excerpt:

uring the Occupation, the ***** and their French allies recognized the power and national prestige of the French fashion industry and sought to harness it. When the collaborationist Vichy government took over direction of the French lifestyle magazine Paris Soir, it announced in its pages a “summer of couture ... and shopping.” The ***** were so enamored with fashion’s place in French culture that in their plans for postwar Europe, they stipulated that, unlike other industries, the fashion sector would remain in France.

Many in fashion were eager to play along. Lucien Lelong, a designer who supported Vichy and whose house stayed open during the war, saw couture as a political force: “Our role is to give France the face of serenity. The more elegant Frenchwomen are, the more our country will show the world that we are not afraid.”

French fashion publications advocated a deep connection between the cultural splendor of couture and Frenchwomen’s national, even genetic identity.

“Every woman in Paris is a living propaganda poster, the universal function of the Frenchwoman is to remain chic,” wrote one fashion journalist in the early 1940s. “Frenchwomen are the repositories of chic, because this inheritance is inscribed in their race,” wrote another. And as Vichy continued to toe the **** line about Aryan physical fitness, more French fashion magazines began focusing on exercise and diet for women.

Although not everyone in the world of French fashion fell in line with fascist ideas, it’s no coincidence that many did. After all, there are deep and unsettling parallels between the industry, particularly in Europe, and fascism’s antidemocratic aesthetic.

Both, for example, rely on a handful of oracular, charismatic leaders who issue proclamations to (select) crowds. Fascist leaders offered their followers the prospect of an enhanced, mythic identity — a dream of youth and beauty, the same attributes promised by high fashion."

"At the root of the whole system is the most elusive myth of all: the impossible promise that fashion can vanquish physical inadequacy and aging, conferring the beauty and youth we see on the runways and on every page of Vogue — a cult of physical perfection very much at home in the history of fascism."

still a girls best friend.............

Rapaport Weekly Market Comment Mar. 18, 2011

Financial markets slump as Japan’s earthquake, tsunami and radiation threat increases uncertainty about a global economic recovery. Prices for commercial quality diamonds steady. Dealers expecting higher prices for large expensive diamonds at next week’s important Basel Show as global economic and political uncertainty surge due to Japanese and Mid-East crises. Luxury jewelry and diamond mining shares drop while polished and rough demand continues to be strong. Interfax reports that Russia’s Gokhran plans to sell diamonds worth $105m in 2011. Gem Diamonds’ 2010 revenues +9% to $266m, profits +43% to $36m. U.K. watch & jewelry sales +2% to $7.5b in 2010.

"Nearly 1 in 4 postmenopausal women with fractures is obese"
(Eurekalert [American Association for the Advancement of Science], Mar.
25, 2011).
Nearly 1 in 4 postmenopausal women with fractures is obese

I gotta get me one of these.........

"An Older Generation Falls Prey to Eating Disorders," by Tara Parker-Pope
(_New York Times_, March 29, 2011, Blog). Note: _NYT_ requires free
registration before providing articles.
Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Affect Older Generation Too - NYTimes.com

Nutrition Express Voluntarily Recalls Protein Supplements Because Of Possible Health Risk
Wed, 30 Mar 2011 06:26:00 -0500

Nutrition Express of Torrance, CA is voluntarily recalling specific products containing whey protein isolate sourced from one supplier because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella,

QUOTATION OF THE DAY

"Of all the things we could be exporting to help people around the world, really negative body image and low self-esteem are not what we hope is going out with public health messaging."
ALEXANDRA BREWIS, executive director of Arizona State University's School of Human Evolution and Social Change.

THE SMOKEHOUSE LLC RECALLS ONE BATCH OF PORTIER FINE FOODS NORWEGIAN SMOKED SALMON BECAUSE OF POSSIBLE HEALTH RISK
Wed, 30 Mar 2011 17:16:00 -0500

The Smokehouse LLC of Mamaroneck, New York, is conducting a voluntary recall of PORTIER FINE FOODS Norwegian Smoked Salmon of various size packages including 4 oz., 8 oz., 16 oz. and random weight sizes, Batch Code 066 only, due to potential contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.

"Diabetes tied to higher Parkinson's disease risk," by Amy Norton
(_Reuters_, March 30, 2011).
Diabetes tied to higher Parkinson's disease risk | Reuters

Frankly Fresh Inc. Voluntarily Recalls Seafood Salad Products Because Of Possible Health Risk
Thu, 31 Mar 2011 16:47:00 -0500

Frankly Fresh, Inc. of Carson, CA. Is voluntarily recalling its seafood line of products, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes

Minnesota Firm Recalls Turkey Burger Products Due to Possible Salmonella Contamination
Fri, 01 Apr 2011 22:33:29 -0500

Jennie-O Turkey Store, a Willmar, Minn. establishment, is recalling approximately 54,960 pounds of frozen, raw turkey burger products that may be contaminated with Salmonella.

Expecting people to treat you fairly because you are an honest person is like expecting the bull not to charge you because you are a vegetarian.

"Researchers link herpes to Alzheimer's disease" (Eurekalert [American
Association for the Advancement of Science], Apr. 4, 2011).
Researchers link herpes to Alzheimer's disease

"Exercise may prevent stress on telomeres, a measure of cell health"
(Eurekalert [American Association for the Advancement of Science], Apr. 4,
2011).
Exercise may prevent stress on telomeres, a measure of cell health
Old 04-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
ICDI- You will certainly make it with the discipline that you have
AkaGal and Amelie-I am absolutely impressed with the people that I have 'chatted' with on this site..Genuine, warm and very inclusive with such a personal issue among many individuals around the world..I think the support through honest discussion whether it be blunt or easy is very comforting..I feel completely welcomed here and anyone that is lurking like I was for several months should join...It is nice to have others to talk to and get advice from whether it be on the main topic or other areas of life..
Mar, GT, Al and others--I can understand the wanting to get lower and lower..My initial goal was 140 and now I've changed it to 130..I think for me I will look healthy at that weight without looking anorexic...I would hate to be trying to tell my patients with Body Dysmorphic Disorder one thing and practicing self loathing myself..Whatever weight you settle on, just make it a healthy one...I only say it because I care about your inside as well as your outside..That is a very slippery slope that I do not wish for any of you women and men (?)...You have gotten this far..Take care...

Last edited by PsychDoc3; 04-05-2011 at 05:21 PM..
Old 04-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momtocj7mea
Stats: 282/179/162
WOE: Paleo/Primal..whole foods FTW!
Start Date: 11/30/11
Milo, I have gotten used to not ummmm eliminating everyday. If I go too long I will take some milk of magnesia or magnesium tablets.

I have also found that my goal weight has gone lower and lower. Originally it was 175--my good enough goal, then it went to 165 and now it is 155, but will probably end up being 145, LOL!! In the beginning I calculated how much weight I had to lose and pretty much chose a number I thought I could attain; now that I have accomplished so much I feel I can go further. I never in a million years would have thought I would be sitting here almost 100lbs lighter. Now if I can just get over this stall it will be all good
Old 04-05-2011, 05:12 PM   #308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well look who's baaaaaaaaaaack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
Hello everyone! I was doing Stillman's back in January, and lost weight quicker than any other method I've ever tried. However, I couldn't stick with it and have since gained my weight back. But I want to try again, and I hope that some of you might have the answers to some questions I have:

1) Can I really eat as much meat as I want?
Some meals I was hungry enough to eat 4 plain turkey burgers. Another time it took 40 pieces of shrimp until I was satisfied. I'm afraid that my appetite will never die down, and that I'll be eating a lot of meat and won't be losing weight because I'll be eating at the caloric level needed to sustain my weight.

2) Bowel movements
After a few days on Stillman's, I just stopped going #2. I know it's normal because meat creates no residue in your body, but it felt SO WEIRD to not eliminate every day. Do you just get used to it? Do you take fiber or magnesium supplements?

3) What's your eating schedule like?
3 meals a day? Mini meals throughout the day? Just eat when you're hungry?

4) Have you been able to go off plan for a meal, and then get right back to Stillman's?
I'll be spending this Easter with my friend's family at an Indian restaurant, and while I'll try to pick the meatiest options, I know that I'll be sampling some non-meaty fair. I'm going to try to limit eating out, but I know that it's going to happen, and my plan is to stick to soups and salads. If I do Stillman's for a couple of months, and there are a handful of "cheat" meals in there, I'll still lose weight, right?

5) Deli meats
Do any of you eat deli meats? I don't want to try to live off of them, but oftentimes I find myself with 7-11's as my only food option. I might be eating packages of turkey slices for a couple meals a week, and I'm hoping that won't affect my weight loss tooo much.
in order...

1 um.yeah
2 um yeah and no supplements
3 eat when hungry
4 yup all the time
5 yup lotsa water

Milo, please check the links I have posted in the last two pages. Until you enbrace the LC Paleo lifestyle you will continue to use this as a diet and not a WOE WOL. This is not temporary. You can't eat grain and expect to stay thin.
I am not the authority on this, only done a lot of research and having watched those who did so well only to blow right up thinking that their previous eating habits were the norm and then crashed and burned had firmly convinced me this is the true path of righteousness.

And we all have the right to be slim and hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
ICDI- You will certainly make it with the discipline that you have
AkaGal and Amelie-I am absolutely impressed with the people that I have 'chatted' with on this site..Genuine, warm and very inclusive with such a personal issue among many individuals around the world..I think the support through honest discussion whether it be blunt or easy is very comforting..I feel completely welcomed here and anyone that is lurking like I was for several months should join...It is nice to have others to talk to and get advice from weather it be on the main topic or other areas of life..

Mar, GT, Al and others--I can understand the wanting to get lower and lower..My initial goal was 140 and now I've changed it to 130..I think for me I will look healthy at that weight without looking anorexic...I would hate to be trying to tell my patients with Body Dysmorphic Disorder one thing and practicing self loathing myself..

Whatever weight you settle on, just make it a healthy one...I only say it because I care about your inside and well as outside..That is a very slippery slope that I do not wish for any of you women and men (?)...You have gotten this far..Take care...
GT alert.....112 at 5'6; think about it...

and, yes it's NOMB and if you're happy then that's what matters.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:00 PM   #309
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

all right babes, read up and be empowered. Food is not the enemy, knowing what our true physiology is and relearning what is right is bliss!

good night and eat like a Catwoman,,,,,,,,,bring on the sashimi!

Old 04-05-2011, 06:35 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
,,,,,bring on the sashimi!

I LOVE sashimi...Now that is good food to enjoy....Take care CC!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:48 PM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Hey
What is your typical menu ICDI ..
I am doing Stillmans and Intermittent fasting together. With Intermittent fasting I only eat between 8-12pm bit sometimes I change it up but only eat for 5 hours.

My typical menu is either grilled chicken breasts/grilled salmon/grilled lean ground beef/light tuna/eggs/lunchmeat/ with a cup or cup and a half of salad. The salad is roma tomatoes, cucumber,bell pepper,lettuce all cut up real small.

I use to weigh my food but I memorized them by now.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:58 PM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
I have more questions!

6) Calories/Food Diaries
Is anyone keeping a food diary or counting calories?
Do calories even matter if you're eating nothing but meat?
(I hope the answer is no, because I really just want to eat all the meat I need to eat to feel satisfied, and still lose weight)

I've been reading and re-reading the threads from the past couple of months, and I've definitely learned some new things since the last time I attempted Stillman's. I'm going to pay more attention to drinking water, because I think my body often confuses thirst for hunger.

Before I thought it was necessary to rotate the animal foods I ate on a daily basis. But now I know it's cool to just eat tuna, or turkey, or chicken, if that's what I feel like eating for several days in a row.

Tomorrow I'm restarting Stillman's with tuna, pickle juice, and a little bit of nonfat greek yogurt to make a tuna salad. And even if I have to eat 10 cans of tuna to feel satisfied, that's what I'll do.

If there's anyone out there who can't deal with black coffee (like me!), I've found that I can drink black coffee if it's iced. I actually prefer my iced coffee black. I've noticed that coffee houses will sometimes charge more money for iced coffee, so I don't get it from those places if I don't have to. I bring my reusable mug to 7-11, fill it 75% of the way with ice from the soda fountain, and then fill the rest with coffee.

So excited to be doing Stillman's with y'all!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:04 PM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am doing Stillmans and Intermittent fasting together. With Intermittent fasting I only eat between 8-12pm bit sometimes I change it up but only eat for 5 hours.

My typical menu is either grilled chicken breasts/grilled salmon/grilled lean ground beef/light tuna/eggs/lunchmeat/ with a cup or cup and a half of salad. The salad is roma tomatoes, cucumber,bell pepper,lettuce all cut up real small.

I use to weigh my food but I memorized them by now.
Why did you decide to add in the fasting?
Do you exercise at all as well?

I see cheese is not on your menu at all, Did you eat cheese( stillmans approved) at one point and then remove?
Old 04-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
I have to get back to my workouts! I used to do treadmill, bowflex, zumba and wii games. I don't like eating breakfast and was just eating this way but didn't know there was a name for it. No cheese unless it's a cheat day.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:51 AM   #315
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
And we never kick anyone off the board just because they try to find what works for them. That's why we're LCFs, we're not all eating the same but we are like minds who bounce theories and knowledge off each other all the time.

Tomayto, tomahto........

that's why ye teach language?
:::Yup, i think we all agree LC is the way to go!!

:::I say tomahto!!!

:::And too funny!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 01:53 AM   #316
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Sounds good for 5'7.5!!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:28 AM   #317
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
GT your weight is really low right now for your height , and I notice your goal is even lower ! Wowzer
You have lost a ton of weight
You started on Atkins then moved to Stillmans right ?
How much weight did you lose on Atkins before moving over
Did you exercise the whole time or start later in your weight loss program?
Do you find it harder to lose as your current weight goes down?
Are you strict on stilmans or do you have fruit or veggies ?
Also how many days do you work out ?
Sorry for all the questions !!! I hope you can give me a few answers !! Thank you
Wow the questions!!!
No, no, no, I never did Atkins!!! Well I did did the FF a couple of times to break a stall, and I did eat a small amount of mayo in tuna at the beginning (before I discovered mustard!)but that's it.

I really did probably Stills protein plus-at the time I thought it was low fat Atkins!! I ate eggs, tuna, salmon, chicken, turkey and salad veg-that was it-I was sooo good at not cheating those days-wish I could say that now! Started in November08 , got down to 190 maybe(i was never that great at weighing-I really went by the tape measure-did not want to see those numbers on the scale!) and then i think around May09 i started to stall, or at least get impatient! So I cut the veggies, and really upped the exercise. Think I was mostly on QWL til Dec09, with a few salads thrown in. And that has kind of been the way ever since. I do eat lf natural yoghurt, berries and apples from time to time now, and sometimes a small bowl of oatmeal, but actually even though I love the stuff, i know it spikes my blood sugar cos it makes me so hungry! If I do pure QWL I feel really awful (dizzy and fainting) and so it just that i really couldn't stick it anymore! I do think though if I really really wanted to I could, my willpower at the beginning was soo good! I do sometimes wonder where it went!
I have always eaten real foods though (apart from cheats, andthere have been a few along the way!) so i do practice what I preach!
Exercise-oh yeah!! I'm a firm believer! I started day 1-really because I've read the stories on the loose skin!! So i did Mari Winsor Pilates and her aerobic one every day, twice a lot! Then in May 09 i bought a stationary bike and used to cycle for hours-and did the Pilates. Since October this year, I've been doing Callanetics, Bar Method and since December interval training. I exercise a lot, twice a day, every day. I really believe i wouldn't be this toned or have this shape without it. And Callanetics does amazing things for your hips-I was always a pear,even when I was slim, now I'm def an hourglass. But in a way i do think the exercise has become a bit of an obsession, so I'm gonna try and cut it a little!
The weight loss has grinded to a halt-big time!! In a year, nearly to the day I lost 100lbs, then til now, like another 30or something---in 16months!!!! But I'm still losing 'mass' if you know what I mean!! I'm def getting smaller, clothes from last Summer just hang. And I seem to be getting smaller, quicker now. Like I notice every pound I loose-strange!! Good, obviously but strange!!
Ok my novel is over!! Bet ya wished ya hadn't asked now!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 04-06-2011, 02:32 AM   #318
Big Yapper!!!!

Just on another note-while I was writing that, i realise my dates and stuff are sketchy! I really wish I had kept really accurate acounts, and had done regular weigh ins, and taken progress pics. If I had known I was gonna do this 'well'--that sounds so big-headed, but you guys know what I mean, I would have! It would be nice to have it all to look back on. Sometimes I can't actually believ I have lost or changed my body this much.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:45 AM   #319
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Milo! Welcome back! I'm so sorry you gained.
Yup, eat as much as you can-stuff it in, especially at the begining! Your apetite will eventually go down, and even if it doesn't you'll still lose weight. Anyway Still said to eat until you are satisfied, and that's different for everyone.
I don't go that often on Still, but it doesn't bother me, I never feel constipated, I go when I go!
Eating little and often is probably best-keep munching!! It stops you feeling hungry!
That's the one thing I'm def able to do--cheat and start right back!!! Box it in for yourself-as in I'll cheat this day but get right back to it, even as quicly as the next meal. It stops the -i've cheated so I might as well eat everything in site! If you're going to a restaurant, stuff yourself before you go!! Then a salad with no dressing is always good! And remember too, that's one meal, if it's in the evening, then breakfast and lunch are still to be on plan
Of course you'll still lose with a couple of cheats(look at the rest of us, nobody's 100% perfect!) the most imprtant thing is to start right back---don't let those cheats roll into one long carbfest!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:49 AM   #320
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm wondering do ye think we'd all do better if we called our cheats , treats, especially if they're planned with family and friends. Wouldn't it stop all the negative associations we have about them and especially the -oh well I've failed now, I might as well give up-mentality. We'd see them positively, enjoy them, and then just go straight back to our WOE! Dunno!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:51 AM   #321
Big Yapper!!!!

Loooove the French style and Parisian women are just sooo chic and well turned out---and sooo thin!!! But then they mostly all smoke!!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:55 AM   #322
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
Milo, I have gotten used to not ummmm eliminating everyday. If I go too long I will take some milk of magnesia or magnesium tablets.

I have also found that my goal weight has gone lower and lower. Originally it was 175--my good enough goal, then it went to 165 and now it is 155, but will probably end up being 145, LOL!! In the beginning I calculated how much weight I had to lose and pretty much chose a number I thought I could attain; now that I have accomplished so much I feel I can go further. I never in a million years would have thought I would be sitting here almost 100lbs lighter. Now if I can just get over this stall it will be all good
I know! Cool right! You must be feeling soooo good!!! Don't worry you'll get over the stall! And I keep hearing (and i do believe it) that even if you're not losing on the scale or inches, your body is still losing fat, it's just filling the cells up with water-then you'll eventually get tbe whoosh!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:59 AM   #323
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

GT alert.....112 at 5'6; think about it...
HEY!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 03:00 AM   #324
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
I LOVE sashimi...Now that is good food to enjoy....Take care CC!
was thinking that too!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 03:02 AM   #325
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Your menu is exactely like mine was!!!

Gawd I weigh tomatoes!!!! and always pick the smallest one!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 03:06 AM   #326
Big Yapper!!!!

Milo, it's each to his own on the calories. Most will say no, and in the beginning i think that's true! Just eat up!
I can't drink black tea, just can't do it! Well i could if i reeeeeeaaallly wanted to, but i don't! I like my tea, it's the thing that keeps me sane--so I've always had skimmed milk in it!! And I don't think it's done me any harm!!
Old 04-06-2011, 03:14 AM   #327
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok peeps, i've gotta get my lazy backside off the couch and go do some work!! I't a gorgeous day so I'm gonna work-out, then meet coworkers for ice-cream, and no, I won't be indulging!! And then I've got to teach late classes-which I really hate in the Winter, but it's actually really cool when the weather's good cos you get the whole day in the sun while it's warm(ish!) and sunny!! BBL oh and BTW, my tan took really well!!
Old 04-06-2011, 03:49 AM   #328
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Amélie
Hey girls! Good morning - good evening to SE Asian me. <3

Today, had more carbs, but in the form of vegetables. So I'm not really counting that as a failure. Tom, will be stricter.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:51 AM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Ok I also wonder about working out because I've been a competitive athlete all my life and as I get older it gets harder to lose weight at all. Because my body is so used to super hard work outs I have to scale mount Everest or train for a triathlon to see results unless I diet

I notice stillman is working right now without any exercise so I'm gonna let it roll and then when I see a slow down I'll pick back up slow and steady

I assume most of you see a gain during TOM due to water retention and then you just stay focused and it goes away ?
Old 04-06-2011, 05:39 AM   #330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
I have more questions!

6) Calories/Food Diaries
Is anyone keeping a food diary or counting calories?
Do calories even matter if you're eating nothing but meat?
(I hope the answer is no, because I really just want to eat all the meat I need to eat to feel satisfied, and still lose weight)

I've been reading and re-reading the threads from the past couple of months, and I've definitely learned some new things since the last time I attempted Stillman's. I'm going to pay more attention to drinking water, because I think my body often confuses thirst for hunger.

Before I thought it was necessary to rotate the animal foods I ate on a daily basis. But now I know it's cool to just eat tuna, or turkey, or chicken, if that's what I feel like eating for several days in a row.

Tomorrow I'm restarting Stillman's with tuna, pickle juice, and a little bit of nonfat greek yogurt to make a tuna salad. And even if I have to eat 10 cans of tuna to feel satisfied, that's what I'll do.

If there's anyone out there who can't deal with black coffee (like me!), I've found that I can drink black coffee if it's iced. I actually prefer my iced coffee black. I've noticed that coffee houses will sometimes charge more money for iced coffee, so I don't get it from those places if I don't have to. I bring my reusable mug to 7-11, fill it 75% of the way with ice from the soda fountain, and then fill the rest with coffee.

So excited to be doing Stillman's with y'all!
I tracked my food on My Plate when I first started. It can be a bit misguided, tho. You have to really watch the numbers....and it's such a riot to see the percentages at the end of the day........1 % daily value of carbs that is based on the FDA recommended intake of 40 g per day the fools.

But it is very satisfying to see what you ate and more importantly, what you didn't.

I don't care enough about cream in coffee stalling or slowing me down, I refuse to give it up and if I lose slower then so be it. That way there's no readjustment to get back on it.
Quote:
:::Yup, i think we all agree LC is the way to go!!

:::I say tomahto!!!

:::And too funny!!!
LOL wawtah there wahhder here (water)

Quote:
I'm wondering do ye think we'd all do better if we called our cheats , treats, especially if they're planned with family and friends. Wouldn't it stop all the negative associations we have about them and especially the -oh well I've failed now, I might as well give up-mentality. We'd see them positively, enjoy them, and then just go straight back to our WOE! Dunno!!!
I prefer it, when I cheat it's a decision I make because I want something, not an incredible cave in moment where the food wins.
Quote:
Loooove the French style and Parisian women are just sooo chic and well turned out---and sooo thin!!! But then they mostly all smoke!!
really? What's that argument like over there GT? Are they taxed so much that you have to be rich to smoke like over here? And sooooo taboo in public...yep, that's me sneaking a *** out on the back porch
Quote:
Ok peeps, i've gotta get my lazy backside off the couch and go do some work!! I't a gorgeous day so I'm gonna work-out, then meet coworkers for ice-cream, and no, I won't be indulging!! And then I've got to teach late classes-which I really hate in the Winter, but it's actually really cool when the weather's good cos you get the whole day in the sun while it's warm(ish!) and sunny!! BBL oh and BTW, my tan took really well!!
Lazy LMAO so not true. Do they not have SF ice cream there? Pity.
Closed Thread