Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lilnurse
Stats: 202/197/160
WOE: Stillman Diet (The Doctor's Quick Weight Loss Diet
Start Date: 02/28/2011
Nearly in tears...

I have been at this a week and I have to admit..I have probably been averaging 20 carbs a day. I was using regular ketchup..and I did have 1 tbsp of milk in my coffee. What kills me those is that YES I realize I didn't follow it 100%...only some days..I followed it around 95%, but my weight hasn't budged and I have honestly been eating like 1/3 of what I used to eat..I'm averaging around 1,400 calories a day. I have been stuck at 197 for a week. This is not normal or like before. I am so depressed I want to cry. Last year I was on a strict calorie diet of 1,200 cals a day..and I did light walking and I was able to lose 10 pounds the first month and another 6 pounds in less than another month. This is extremely discouraging and depressing. I have never ever been on a diet where my weight didn't budge..esp. not being so heavy. I went from 185 to 179 in 6.5 weeks last year during the Spring on a 1,200 cal/day diet. I know that's low..I have been able to lose on 1,500 cal/day. But this..I just don't understand. I'm near tears..I just cannot bear the thought of being huge for another summer. Has anyone out there just been so depressed about their weight they literally couldn't take it anymore? I'm not even PMSing or anything..so there's no reason I should be stalled out like this. I am so depressed today it's insane.
lilnurse is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2011, 06:00 PM   #2

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
sure, I've been stalled for 6 months now and it's unnerving to say the least. but I sure don't think eating MORE is the solution! LOL

good luck
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
Try cutting out the Ketchup, that seemed to help alot with me when I wasn't losing much at first.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:19 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracyann71
Stats: 166/102/99
WOE: vlc
I feel for you and can only say and agree with Mar922 maybe it is the ketchup. Another thing might be: Are you eating a lot of cottage or other low fat cheese? Or a lot of sodium would definitely cause the body to retain water, maybe look at that. It is very frustrating for you at the moment and especially the fact that you are being 100% good.
Hang in there!!
tracyann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: madison_mom
Maybe try Atkins

Hey there,

It almost sounds to me like you're eating too *few* calories. Have you considered trying classic Atkins? I didn't think it would be possible for me to lose weight (ever) but I'm down 15 pounds on Atkins. That said, oh my gosh, we've all been there. Have faith and hang in. I'm sending you a good weight loss vibe!
madison_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:32 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hazelgreen
Stats: 283/233/180
WOE: General LowCarb/Atkins
Start Date: Restart again Dec 5, 2010
what else are you eating besides ketchup and milk? Post a day's menu or two. Sounds like you know what you're doing, but for me I know, even a tiny bit of sugar of any type stalls me like crazy. Plus if you started 2-28 then it's just post induction stall, maybe? (even though this isn't Atkins)

I haven't done Stillman for many years but I imagine the principle is the same. First week or so, lose a lot; next 2 weeks, not so much, if any.
TOM, sodium? don't fret, it'll work if you tweak things I'm sure. Don't give up. I hear you about summer, I feel the same way!!!

My weight loss journal http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...b-journey.html
hazelgreen is offline   Reply With Quote