Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 12:10 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lilnurse
Stats: 202/197/160
WOE: Stillman Diet (The Doctor's Quick Weight Loss Diet
Start Date: 02/28/2011
How much did you lose in first 2 months (8 weeks)? Need inspiration.

I messed up, but I am still in Onederland (Under 200 pounds). I'm a 25 year old female who started at 204 pounds last week. I am now 199 pounds...was 197..but messed up twice pretty darn bad. I noticed it's ALWAYS when I have diet coke..so I am steering clear of fake sugars. I plan on doing Stillman's as long as I can..my only complaint is nausea. My cravings for bad stuff aren't really strong..but I have this feeling that I want to have bread or something to calm my nausea. That's the only thing I dislike for now. I messed up last night so I am trying to stay on it today. I'm already sick of the food choices lol. I'm a meat eater, but this is restricted. Hey, at least it's easy.

I'm feeling a little pressured because I have an event in exactly 2 months from Monday. I really want to be as "slimmed" down as possible by then. I won't be anywhere near my goal weight, but hopefully look halfway acceptable. I do carry my weight really well. I was curious, how much did you guys lose in the first 2 months? What is your height, age, and starting weight? I have done calorie counting diets where I maintained 1,450/day and I lose around 30 pounds in just under 3 months..no working out involved. I was also 196 pounds to start. So yes, like now, I was chunky.

Lastly, how long did it take you guys to go into ketosis, and after that did you notice your weight loss increase?

PS. Right now I am taking a multi-vitamin, potassium, calcium, and occasional magnesium tablet.
lilnurse is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2011, 06:20 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hi lilnurse!!! I lost 10 pounds this week! I normally feel a little off the first few days of Stillmans. Sometimes I feel like I have a cold, sometimes Im sick to my stomach, and most of all, Im really cranky. This lasts about 2-3 days. Those first 2-3 days are also the hardest to get through because we feel so crappy. I can assure you, and the others will agree, that this passes, and by day 4 and 5, your appetite and cravings will be minimal, and you'll get your energy back. If you feel nauseous, just eat a little more meat, or have an egg. (the extra fat in the egg will probably help).

Im guessing it takes me 2-3 days for ketosis, cause thats about the time when I feel like myself again! If you get a week under your belt you'll think your eyes are playin tricks on you when you look at the scale!!

If you can commit to the first few days, you will be golden. Its gonna take a lot of willpower, so summon it up!!! The worst thing we can do to ourselves is get through those days and then cheat. Then we are stuck doing it all over again.

You can lose this weight in time for your event, but any bite off plan will set you back a week. Those arent my words, they are Stillmans.

I also wanted to point out his 14-day Shape up plan. It includes small amounts of yogurt, and veggies. This might be an option for you if you are having trouble sticking to plain ole meat.

I want you to succeed and I know you can. We're here if you need to chat, or complain, or have more questions! Keep checkin in and you will be amazed at your results!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lilnurse
Stats: 202/197/160
WOE: Stillman Diet (The Doctor's Quick Weight Loss Diet
Start Date: 02/28/2011
I'm on day 2..I didn't mess up yesterday...lost about 3 pounds in a day...most obviously from all those carbs I pigged out on the day before. I'm now 196.2 pounds. Not bad. I just had a shrimp omelette with ketchup. That seems to be my saving grace...ketchup. I'm going to start a thread on moderation. I use leftover small packets from my guy's eating out or order-in stuff. I honestly used about 3, which means I had about 30 calories in ketchup. Those things are small. I would like to get to the point where I'm not using them at all. Tonight I am going to use my george foreman and chop up onions and season some ground turkey with adobe to make burgers. I will squeeze some mustard on those. I know I am probably only following the QWL about 90ish%, but I am getting there. I feel OK today, funny enough. I was a little blah when I first started...then I ended up cheating that next day...today I want to stick to this QWL for more than a week..that's my mini-goal. Thanks aleria
lilnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:51 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CuteScoot
Stats: 253/216/145,5'4
WOE: Keto!!
Start Date: May 17th 2007,restarted May 29th 2014
hello!

You were asking how much weight I lost in the first 2 months....49 lbs.No kidding!

You will never lose weight faster on any other diet!
CuteScoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteScoot View Post
You were asking how much weight I lost in the first 2 months....49 lbs.No kidding!

You will never lose weight faster on any other diet!
Remarkable results, Cutescoot!!! What were your menus like? You have done sucha great job!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CuteScoot
Stats: 253/216/145,5'4
WOE: Keto!!
Start Date: May 17th 2007,restarted May 29th 2014
Hi aleriaaa!

I just hard cored it,because there is no other way!I ate TONS of eggs everyday,sometimes up to a dozen a day,scrambled,plain omelettes,over easy (with a few sprays of Pam,you can do it very carefully,lol),you name it!TONS of tuna mixed with mustard and hot sauce (sounds nasty,but I grew to love it!),90% lean ground meat for burgers,(sometimes wrapped in lettuce),sometimes mixed ground with my eggs,turkey burgers out the YIN YANG!Regular turkey when my cheap butt could afford it!Tons of coffee,but I switched to decaf because I thought regular was hindering my weight loss,and I was right!Just black coffee,no fake sugars,no creamers,no cheese at all!Just meat and eggs,meat and eggs!Oh,and TONS,and TONS of water,lol!!

The beauty of this diet is that you don't even have to exercise to get results....I didn't move a muscle for about a month lol.But I will tell you the very best exerciser EVER for getting small FAST is a rebounder!I tried everything else,my very expensive elliptical trainer for an hour a day,and wasn't getting the results that jumping 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes at night were doing!Very good investment!Oh,and it's alot of fun!

~pep
CuteScoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swella73
Stats: 230/199.6/165
WOE: Atkins - converting to HHCG!!
Start Date: January 18, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteScoot View Post
I just hard cored it,because there is no other way!I ate TONS of eggs everyday,sometimes up to a dozen a day,scrambled,plain omelettes,over easy (with a few sprays of Pam,you can do it very carefully,lol),you name it!TONS of tuna mixed with mustard and hot sauce (sounds nasty,but I grew to love it!),90% lean ground meat for burgers,(sometimes wrapped in lettuce),sometimes mixed ground with my eggs,turkey burgers out the YIN YANG!Regular turkey when my cheap butt could afford it!Tons of coffee,but I switched to decaf because I thought regular was hindering my weight loss,and I was right!Just black coffee,no fake sugars,no creamers,no cheese at all!Just meat and eggs,meat and eggs!Oh,and TONS,and TONS of water,lol!!

The beauty of this diet is that you don't even have to exercise to get results....I didn't move a muscle for about a month lol.But I will tell you the very best exerciser EVER for getting small FAST is a rebounder!I tried everything else,my very expensive elliptical trainer for an hour a day,and wasn't getting the results that jumping 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes at night were doing!Very good investment!Oh,and it's alot of fun!

~pep
CuteScoot: Hi there! I'd love some advice and menu help from a veteran such as yourself. Would like to start on tomorrow, however I have two days next week when I will be on travel and that will make this a little more difficult. Should I go ahead and start or wait until after my trip?? What would you suggest??

Thanks!!
swella73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:30 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Amélie
I lost around 30 pounds from March 20 to today doing a low fat, low carb non-specific diet. I've been stalling though, and I want to get back to losing.

My question is, I want to hardcore Stillman, but can I retain my morning flax cereal (almond milk + water + 2tbsp flax + 1 tbsp 1g carb cocoa powder + 2 splenda)? This will be my only cheat, if possible. I quit coffee cold turkey and this is my something hot in the morning.
Amélie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Stats: Lost 100 lbs. & 6 sizes; 30 lbs. and 2 sizes left!
WOE: Low cal, mod carb, and cycle it all
Start Date: Summer 2002
First, great movie and name choice, Amelie

2nd, I'm certainly not a long-time Stillmans. I've only been at this a few days. However, I cheat at one meal a day and am down 2.5 lbs in 3 days. I don't cheat a huge amount - mostly I throw in an oreo or two, have a granola bar, or a piece of toast. Pretty much at this point I'm doing whatever I can to still stay compliant with diet the rest of the time. If I were to give up my cheat, I would give up Stillman's entirely. Low carb often lowers my blood pressure too much and I feel faint, so just a bit of carb helps me comply with the other two Stillman meals.

While your cheat isn't Stillman legal, it isn't anywhere near my cheating with toast and oreos.

A lot of the other girls are hardcore Stillmans and have amazing success. I'm hoping to eventually get there. But for now, I need a bit of carb. Hopefully one of the others will pop in soon. If they don't, I would post your question in a new thread.

My blog http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/bl...-vintageously/
Live Vintageously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:50 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: swoosie41
WOE: low carb dietier
Start Date: Feb 2014
I did the Atkins about 10 years ago and lost 30 lbs in 2 months. I am on it now after all these years to lose 10-15 lbs.
swoosie41 is offline   Reply With Quote