Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 05:53 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lilnurse
Stats: 202/197/160
WOE: Stillman Diet (The Doctor's Quick Weight Loss Diet
Start Date: 02/28/2011
Hello there "Stillman-ites" ;)

Hey you guys! I'm so glad I found this forum. You practically cannot find anything about the Stillman Diet online and most people know nothing about it. I bought the book from Amazon and I am almost finished reading it, but I started 3 days ago at around 202 pounds. I have to add that I cheated mostly....I started Sunday after enjoying a Starbucks coffee and chocolate banana cake, then from that point on I ate Stillman style..for the night...next day I did perfectly..hardly ate, it was weird. Day 3 I was supposed to eat Stillman style..I sort of did..then I fell and tripped inside of Burger King and the value menu attacked me! OMG.

It was strange because I can honestly eat (easily) 3 whopper juniors and 2 value fries..or at least TWO whopper juniors. This time, I was full after 1 whopper junior and one french fry..it felt SO strange. I had a cookie and later ate the chicken sandwich we ordered..then I went to my guy's family's house and had coffee and a roll with cheese. I knew I messed up and was determined NOT to do it again..culprit? Diet Coke. Yep, every time I drink it I get SO HUNGRY. Today I woke up expecting to have gained...nope..I am 197! So in 3 days (with some HARDCORE cheating) I have lost 5 pounds. Today I haven't messed up..but I feel weird...haven't had a BM lol.

Anyone else want to share their experience so far? I want to know your weight loss. Do you think it's possible for me to lose 45 pounds (or more) in 9 weeks on Stillman?

Last edited by lilnurse; 03-02-2011 at 06:02 PM..
lilnurse is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #2

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
I hope not! LOL there is a good reason people here talk about a woe (way of eating) rather than a DIET which implies something temporary. if you eat differently to lose weight and go back to the way you ate before, you will regain and usually go higher than you were previously. Do that often enough and your metabolism gets so messed up it's hard to lose at all. far better to figure a way you can eat forever to lose weight, maintain it, and be healthy. I wish you luck with THAT! *hug*
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Oh no way, I just can't go back to regular eating..I have wasted my whole life being fat. I realize people gain because they add too many carbs back in too quick and some people don't seem to realize what healthy carbs are. I am determine not to mess it up this time. Why would you say you hope not? I have just over 9 weeks for a major event, so I was curious.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:32 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
welcome to the group lilnurse! Going on QWL will produce dramatic results but it has to be followed to a T, if you'd like to meet your goal. I beleive you can do it!

This is my second round of strict QWL, and Ive lost 10 pounds in one week.

Check out the march thread, cause thats where we usually are.. again welcome! I look forward to hearing your progress!!

BTW- I have an event too, let's get this over with!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:50 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
I just started too!

I haven't cheated and i'm still only down 2 pounds but I am pretty sure that is because its my TOM on the plus side I didn't binge on junk lat nnight because of it I just ate a litle extra haha.

I'm not trying to lose for an event but I would like to lose my weight in about 8-10 weeks, if you want to be a buddy he is also new to share war stories with I'm here!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:19 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Newbies, go over to the March thread. You will get more results with feedback. It sounds
like you have had some improvement in your diet lilnurse. Continue to be inspired by that, but also, work your way toward a strict plan.

I have lost 70 lbs on Stillmans as of today... one must be careful on maintenance. I took a brief break and not a full break, just added some healthy carbs to maintain and didn't eat after 4 pm,and then went back on and began losing again as wanted. I have 6 more lbs to go before I can stop losing and work on maintenance. I am giving myself a 5 lb window in case of social occassions or that rare "got to have this" moment. Very rare indeed now days.

See you at the March thread.
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:21 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
OH, and the Diet Coke... watch "sweet misery" on youtube (the kennedy upload, not the journeyman.tv). It will scare you straight... Watched it again last night.
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:38 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Thanks you guys! Well, I had a slight cheat today...had 4 big tablespoons of a beet/pea salad. *Sigh* I told my guy not to bring food home like that, but he did and I was tempted. I'm still pretty sure I haven't had more than 1,300 calories today. Hopefully tomorrow is better.