Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 12:03 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I think the thing with eggs is that 1. They have a lot of fat---and remember Still insisted on LEAN meats!!!! And 2. They have a carb count of .5, which ok is tiny, but if you ate lots and lots then it could add up.
But hey, he also said nothing else was permitted-if it ain't on the list you can't have it! So no yoghurt, no CL, no skimmed milk, no nuts, no sausages, no cheese, no veg------Mmmmm what else do we eat that Still said no to!!!

Quarter pounders with pickle . I was always told to count 3 eggs a 1 carb, but I suppose it depends on their size...gonna buy the real small ones from now on.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2011, 12:06 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Also, this is prob a very daft question, but which is the carby bit of the egg? Do you think the white and the yolk have equal amounts of carbs? I know alot of people doing "normal" calorie controlled diets use only the whites. I guess the fat comes from the yolk but what about the carbs?. Might Wiki it.

Last edited by makemeslim; 03-05-2011 at 12:11 AM..
Old 03-05-2011, 12:19 AM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
The chuck is the top shoulder cut BTW...
LOL there are no bad cows. Love eatin' them, love wearin' them.

me neither!

When I do eggs I ditch all the yolks except for one.......the whites are pure protein.

Also, looks like you answered my question about the eggs before I even asked it, LOL.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:31 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So I washed my wool coat, my Carharrt snowsuit-the super heavy one I use for below twenty degrees- and my puffer jackets so I can kiss winter goodbye. How's that for optimism? Even did a pedicure last weekend, filed those hooves down real good. Hooray the return of the Oak King!
I confess I was bad and did not do the pedicure the other night. I paint my toes all year round though...been stuck on black and navy for years. In the summer its nice to have a french pedicure. I've got the varnish with the little white strips that help you paint the white bits, looks great when its done.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:35 AM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyJo View Post
Hello all! I am new and wanted to introduce myself. I am going to start Stillmans for 2 weeks (stall buster) on Sunday the 6th. I am excited to start and just getting my menu all figured out.
Hello Cody. Stillman's will certainly bust your stall. Congrats on your weightloss so far and welcome.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:49 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
One more thing; found this after I googled Egg Diet:"Soda pop is totally off limits - even diet soda. The reason for this is because diet soda contains an artificial sweetener called aspartame. The Atkins Research Center has discovered that aspartame inhibits your body from converting stored fat into glucose. If you absolutely have to have something sweet to drink, get Diet Rite. Diet Rite is a soft drink that comes in many different flavors including cola and orange. It does not contain any aspartame and is sweetened with Splenda instead. You can also mix unsweetened Kool-Aid packets with Saccharin based artificial sweeteners. Saccharin and Spelnda are both safe for the Egg Diet. Also, don’t let the government cancer warning on the front of every Saccharin based sweetener fool you. The warning was put there by congress in the mid 1970’s and not by the FDA. It is there for political reasons and not medical ones. It is a tribute to the corruptness of the lawmakers of the 1970’s. Just disregard it. Saccharin has been in use for over a hundred years and nobody has ever gotten cancer from it yet."

This explains the stalls that some people on this board have had. I would say go for TAB which has sacchrine and if TAB isn't available then go for the Diet Rite, if you have to have soda at all...
I always buy Sainsurys (my local supermarket) diet sodas or drinks. They only use splenda which is great coz they sell everything from cola, lemonade, orange and even sparkling Elderflower or pear...too many others to list.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:51 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Gt, are you up yet. Its ten to nine already.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:01 AM   #218
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Hello all! I am new and wanted to introduce myself. I am going to start Stillmans for 2 weeks (stall buster) on Sunday the 6th. I am excited to start and just getting my menu all figured out.
Hi Cody! you're gonna love Stillman's results!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:05 AM   #219
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Also, this is prob a very daft question, but which is the carby bit of the egg? Do you think the white and the yolk have equal amounts of carbs? I know alot of people doing "normal" calorie controlled diets use only the whites. I guess the fat comes from the yolk but what about the carbs?. Might Wiki it.
Dunno bout the carbs!! Yeah the fat is in the yolk! I reckon the carbs are in the white!
Old 03-05-2011, 01:11 AM   #220
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Gt, are you up yet. Its ten to nine already.
It's 10 to 10!!! Now it's 10 past!(i'm in Germany!) well I'm up! Sitting in my pink Hello Kitty dressing gown (such a good look!) drinking tea and eating a little bit of tuna and watching crap tv-squinting cos I've no lenses in! I have to go shopping for eggs!

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 03-05-2011 at 02:01 AM.. Reason: Spelling is getting worse!
Old 03-05-2011, 01:46 AM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It's 10 to 10!!! Now it's 10 past!(i'm in Germany!) well I'm up! Sitting in my pink Hello Kitty dressing gown (such a good luck!) drinking tea and eating a little bit of tuna and watching crap tv-squinting cos I've no lenses in! I have to go shopping for eggs!
I'm just of to Sainsburys because I have decided to quit QWL...
I want to do the Stillman's 14 day program, I know you started out with this. I did say at the end of Feb that my plan was to include salad if I felt like a cheat and well after reading through the allowed foods lists, I made the decision to switch because I do love my veggies...I am not saying never to QWL, I might decide after a few days (if I don't lose) to return but hopefully I'll continue to lose well. I am going to be very strict about the veggies and salad portions. keep forgetting you are in Germany. Do you speak fluent German?
Old 03-05-2011, 02:00 AM   #222
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
keep forgetting you are in Germany. Do you speak fluent German?
hmmm that's debatable!! It's what I did my degree in though, that and Music. So it's not too bad!
Yeah I like the 14day plan-I feel better on it-the dizzyiness killed me on QWL. That really is what I do now-very little veg-like chopped peppers or tomatoes in tuna and cucumber or lettuce with chicken. It's just more palatable! And easier if you have to eat out! Good luck with it, I think it will work!
Old 03-05-2011, 02:02 AM   #223
Big Yapper!!!!

Have a date with Claire now!! BBL
Old 03-05-2011, 04:39 AM   #224
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
an egg is 70 caliries, an egg white 20. I tsp. buttter=100 calories.
Don't do it Al!

Make sure you wear boxers so you look cool as they sag around your hips!

for all of us!
No worries! No butter for me!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:41 AM   #225
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi Cody!!! You have already done an amazing job and Stillmans will make it even better!! So glad you joined us!

Buy lots of chicken breast and tuna!
Old 03-05-2011, 04:43 AM   #226
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
I got the 3 egg rule from the original 1970's diet... which I was able to look into the book on amazon months ago which was a treat, but that option is no longer there, I just checked. It was a different diet than what is listed on the boards in as much as the meat you could eat actually had measurements. Like 6 oz beef, etc.... much stricter than what is on the lc boards like 'eat as much as you want" Even the diet jello was measured to so many oz per day. And you could have one 8 oz cup of non-fat milk, 2 if you were under a certain age. Greek yogurt and coconut oil were pretty much unheard of back in the 70's but they are not listed as okay on the original diet. Also diet colas were made with sacharine, not the neurotoxic aspartame which now is becoming more known for messing with the hypothalamus and appetite control. TAB diet cola still is made with sacharine but it is hard to find. So Stillman couldn't address that issue, however, in the original 1970's he allowed all the diet colas you wanted (I drank them by the case back then) but you still had to have all your water!! Okay, those have been my findings...

Like Al said pages back, she finds it easier to stick with the more stricter it is... and I am the same.

By and large, people just have to do whatever works, but I just wanted to give an overview of the original 70's diet. I need to order the oldie off of Amazon!
wow.wow.wow. nice write-up!! Gonna skim my book again today..I couldve sworn mine was from '69..could be wrong.. also need to check my CL. THat probably is aspartame too..
Old 03-05-2011, 04:46 AM   #227
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I have 12 ounces of chicken per day planned. On Sunday, I made 12 of these egg muffins: Pepperoni Egg Muffins Recipe.
Thanks for this recipe!! I think my little ones will love it. Neither of them willl eat eggs, and I was just browsing the last few days for egg type muffins. I have cream cheese to mix too, so if you have any other recipes like that, please let me know!! If this doesnt work, Im gonna try to give them "Green eggs and ham" Perhaps for St. Patty Day!!!
Old 03-05-2011, 04:47 AM   #228
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myungsunkim22 View Post
Morning ladies

Sadly...
I slipped a little yesterday. So the scale was up...plus I haven't um..."gone" in awhile...BUT today is going to be an ALL EGG day. I saw someone else on here have good results with that (right? or am I seeing things?) so we'll see what happens!

~K
No worries Kelsey!!! Just start over. Promise yourself two weeks. If QWL is not working, join makeme in the 14 day shape-up!!!
Old 03-05-2011, 04:50 AM   #229
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I always buy Sainsurys (my local supermarket) diet sodas or drinks. They only use splenda which is great coz they sell everything from cola, lemonade, orange and even sparkling Elderflower or pear...too many others to list.
Oh my. I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE Pear soda!!!!!!! I may have to write a letter to Crystal Light today and beg...
Old 03-05-2011, 04:51 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
hmmm that's debatable!! It's what I did my degree in though, that and Music. So it's not too bad!
Yeah I like the 14day plan-I feel better on it-the dizzyiness killed me on QWL. That really is what I do now-very little veg-like chopped peppers or tomatoes in tuna and cucumber or lettuce with chicken. It's just more palatable! And easier if you have to eat out! Good luck with it, I think it will work!
So you can sing in German. No seriously that is cool. I wish I had a second language...feel its probably a bit too late to learn now. Of course I did French at school but I can barely remember anything apart from the obvious basics like poulet and fromage, LOL.

For lunch I am having fillet steak, grilled red pepper, 2 cherry tomatoes (also grilled) and some baby spinach. I will not go past a cup. So hope this works for me coz I am really enjoying planning my meals.

Last edited by makemeslim; 03-05-2011 at 04:52 AM..
Old 03-05-2011, 04:59 AM   #231
Blabbermouth!!!

I just posted in another thread that I looked in my journal and lost 28 pounds in 8 weeks (and 37 lbs in 10 weeks) my last run. I am gonna do it again!!! Actually, Im gonna beat those stats!!!! I Chicken!!!!! I have to!!!

To all the newcomers- Stillmans works. You have to stay strong and strict, but you can do this!!!! Do it now and get it over with!!!

I hope hope hope I can do it this time and get back to goal for my bday!!!
Old 03-05-2011, 05:02 AM   #232
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
For lunch I am having fillet steak, grilled red pepper, 2 cherry tomatoes (also grilled) and some baby spinach. I will not go past a cup. So hope this works for me coz I am really enjoying planning my meals.
drooling here Suddenly chicken doesnt sound that great!! But I will not break!

I think this is gonna work out perfect for you. Your getting what you want and not feeling deprived. You'll be able to stick with it no prob! Heres to your next whooshy-woosh!
Old 03-05-2011, 05:20 AM   #233
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Oh my. I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE Pear soda!!!!!!! I may have to write a letter to Crystal Light today and beg...
Hi Al!!
Old 03-05-2011, 05:23 AM   #234
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
So you can sing in German. No seriously that is cool. I wish I had a second language...feel its probably a bit too late to learn now. Of course I did French at school but I can barely remember anything apart from the obvious basics like poulet and fromage, LOL.

Never too old!! you'll be able to order Stillmans so!!
Menu looks good!
Old 03-05-2011, 05:24 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I just posted in another thread that I looked in my journal and lost 28 pounds in 8 weeks (and 37 lbs in 10 weeks) my last run. I am gonna do it again!!! Actually, Im gonna beat those stats!!!! I Chicken!!!!! I have to!!!

To all the newcomers- Stillmans works. You have to stay strong and strict, but you can do this!!!! Do it now and get it over with!!!

I have every confidence in you Al. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:24 AM   #236
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Wowieee!
Old 03-05-2011, 05:28 AM   #237
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks girlies!!!
Old 03-05-2011, 05:29 AM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
drooling here Suddenly chicken doesnt sound that great!! But I will not break!

I think this is gonna work out perfect for you. Your getting what you want and not feeling deprived. You'll be able to stick with it no prob! Heres to your next whooshy-woosh!
Thanks Al...as long as I see losses. I will try not to mention my food as of now, just in case I discourage anyone on QWL. If this for whatever reason does not work for me, I'll be straight back to QWL. I feel good about this though and it is Stillman's.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:32 AM   #239
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks Al...as long as I see losses. I will try not to mention my food as of now, just in case I discourage anyone on QWL. If this for whatever reason does not work for me, I'll be straight back to QWL. I feel good about this though and it is Stillman's.
Post away makeme! Stillmans is Stillmans! I think your menus will help!! If we can cheat on salad/veggies we will be in good shape! stike that. GREAT SHAPE! up to 25lbs in 2 weeks. Thats what he said!!! You can do it!!!!

Give it the two weeks and show us some results!!!
Old 03-05-2011, 05:59 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

[QUOTE=Getting there!!!;14438579]you'll be able to order Stillmans so!!
QUOTE]
This is true.