Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 07:26 AM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Good Morning!!!! So happy to see everyone getting such great results!!! You girlies are inspiring me to keep this up and get these extra pounds off for good!!!!

138 this morning (had wine last night). Gonna rehydrate today but stay off the scale for a few days. Im so happy for seeing that "3" and I want it to last!!!!

mmmmmm- i want a quarter pounder w/ pickles and cheese...
Al you are on a roll! yeah I'll take a QP with pickles...maybe two
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Peeps, I'm late, late, latey late. And I don't mean for work!!! I used to be really irregular, like I could go months and months without TOM-even had hormones to regulate it (the start of my mega-weight gain) but ever since low-carb I've been as regular as clockwork. Better not be little cupcakes rising in the oven!!!
GT maybe you should change to Getting Some
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Becky; I ditto Al; sans the cream for results... and the nuts. I tossed out a jar of peanuts that was sabotoging me. I didn't miss them! I hate to waste food but even worse is damaging myself with it!

AL: Congrats on that 10 lbs. You really deserve it, having gotten back in the saddle!

I am at 146.4 today. My goal is 140 so that I can vascillate between 140 and 145... in case of social occassions or that rare "got to have it" moment. Which is extremely rare these days. I am thankful for the loss. I was 149 this time last week, and gained five lbs at the retreat. So I am very thankful for the progress.

Seems like the woosh fairy is busy on this board. Keep up the great work and don't get discouraged. I stayed in one place all of November before I began losing again. But I stuck with Stillmans thanks to this board. November seems so far away now!!

I wonder what the deal is with the big loses in March ... is the moon in the right place for us or what?
send the fairy my way!
Quote:
Protein powder in coffee? That does not sound good!! I don't really drink coffee-but tea-I could drink it all day!! I do put a tiny bit of skimmed milk in it-(we always put milk in tea) -I know Still says no-but he would have to guarantee me a drop of 2 dress sizes a day for me to give that up!
GT thankx for the tip, switching to skim from now on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
Hello ladies. It's been a while. It's good to see yall here working the plan. Just thought I would drop in and say hi. GT, OMG you are withering away to nothing. GT, IM, al, CC, makeme and others, yall are addicting. While I was gone, I thought about yall a lot and wondered how yall were doing.
Holy Cow, Batman! Look who's back!

BBP, seriously you have no idea how worried I (we) were when you dissappeared. I know that the loss of your friend took it's toll.Many prayers were sent your way. I am so glad to see your are still around.
Quote:
Hello there... I am going to change my avitar to the 70 lb club, from the 60 lb club! As of this morning, that is how much I have lost since August 2nd.

1 oz cheese
3 HB eggs
2 diet pepsi's (does not stall me, just kills my neurons)

Have been exhausted lately, not sure why. Have been taking my supplements. I think it is because I am confused as to what to do with my career next...
70 lbs. kicked outta here! WTG!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccadeel View Post
well well...started with a small slip up of 2 beers last night and it's been down hill since. weighed the same when i woke up this morning but ive been eating poop all day so hopefully it doesnt go up getting back on it hardcore starting...now!
yesterday is the past, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present...
Quote:
Rebecca; You can do this... it was just a small slip, I understand poop has no carbohydrates... lOl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Thanks Al...what is chuck? Is it rump?
The bone-in chuck steak or roast is one of the more economical cuts of beef. In the United Kingdom, this part is commonly referred to as "braising steak". It is particularly popular for use as ground beef, due to its richness of flavor and balance of meat and fat.

Chuck steak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2011, 07:28 AM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well I've got a half dozen eggs boiled up......going to dig through the freezer to see what the options are!
Have a great day y'all! Yeehaa happy Friday!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #183
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Myungsunkim22
WOE: Medifast/Stillman's
Morning ladies

Sadly...
I slipped a little yesterday. So the scale was up...plus I haven't um..."gone" in awhile...BUT today is going to be an ALL EGG day. I saw someone else on here have good results with that (right? or am I seeing things?) so we'll see what happens!

~K
Myungsunkim22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:43 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Eggs; Stillmans sets it at 3 a day... so I would watch your calories if that is all you are going to eat... to no more than 1200 which is also the Stillmans calorie limit on the QWL diet... as I understand it.
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:41 AM   #185
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Eggs; Stillmans sets it at 3 a day... so I would watch your calories if that is all you are going to eat... to no more than 1200 which is also the Stillmans calorie limit on the QWL diet... as I understand it.
No way does he say 1200!!!!!! Think it was eat as little as possible!! Keep cals low low low!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:37 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Al you are on a roll! yeah I'll take a QP with pickles...maybe two

GT maybe you should change to Getting Some

send the fairy my way!

GT thankx for the tip, switching to skim from now on!

Holy Cow, Batman! Look who's back!

BBP, seriously you have no idea how worried I (we) were when you dissappeared. I know that the loss of your friend took it's toll.Many prayers were sent your way. I am so glad to see your are still around.

70 lbs. kicked outta here! WTG!

yesterday is the past, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present...

The bone-in chuck steak or roast is one of the more economical cuts of beef. In the United Kingdom, this part is commonly referred to as "braising steak". It is particularly popular for use as ground beef, due to its richness of flavor and balance of meat and fat.

Chuck steak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks for that...I now know my fave is the tail end of the tenderloin, lol. Never realised, there was so many different edible bits....suppose I just thought you had nice cows and not so nice cows. only joking
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myungsunkim22 View Post
Morning ladies

Sadly...
I slipped a little yesterday. So the scale was up...plus I haven't um..."gone" in awhile...BUT today is going to be an ALL EGG day. I saw someone else on here have good results with that (right? or am I seeing things?) so we'll see what happens!

~K
Don't sweat it...we all do it the scale will go down! An all egg day...keep us informed. I wonder if I could do an all egg day??? will you cook them in different ways or just boiled?
Old 03-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Seriously...I never new...how did I miss that! I mean the 3 eggs bit.

Last edited by makemeslim; 03-04-2011 at 11:07 AM..
Old 03-04-2011, 11:21 AM   #189
Junior LCF Member

OMG.

I didn't know about the 3-egg rule either!!

GOOD THING I haven't had any yet! I already broke my plan for the day, haha. So far I've had:

- 3 pcs lean turkey bacon
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt w/splenda

going to have a 3-egg salad (w/greek yogurt as binder) in a few minutes here...

and chicken for dinner!
Old 03-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #190
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
OMG.

I didn't know about the 3-egg rule either!!

GOOD THING I haven't had any yet! I already broke my plan for the day, haha. So far I've had:

- 3 pcs lean turkey bacon
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt w/splenda

going to have a 3-egg salad (w/greek yogurt as binder) in a few minutes here...

and chicken for dinner!
He also never mentioned Greek yoghurt!!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #191
Big Yapper!!!!

I think the thing with eggs is that 1. They have a lot of fat---and remember Still insisted on LEAN meats!!!! And 2. They have a carb count of .5, which ok is tiny, but if you ate lots and lots then it could add up.
But hey, he also said nothing else was permitted-if it ain't on the list you can't have it! So no yoghurt, no CL, no skimmed milk, no nuts, no sausages, no cheese, no veg------Mmmmm what else do we eat that Still said no to!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 01:27 PM   #192
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I think the thing with eggs is that 1. They have a lot of fat---and remember Still insisted on LEAN meats!!!! And 2. They have a carb count of .5, which ok is tiny, but if you ate lots and lots then it could add up.
But hey, he also said nothing else was permitted-if it ain't on the list you can't have it! So no yoghurt, no CL, no skimmed milk, no nuts, no sausages, no cheese, no veg------Mmmmm what else do we eat that Still said no to!!!
Haha! ^_^

I was going off of the 14-Day Shape Up plan- I saw that he said yogurt was allowed but I've definitely been having more than the said amount!

I'm still losing pretty well (down 6-7 pounds in 4 days) so I'm still happy! I may try to be a little stricter tomorrow though!
Old 03-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #193
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Haha! ^_^

I was going off of the 14-Day Shape Up plan- I saw that he said yogurt was allowed but I've definitely been having more than the said amount!

I'm still losing pretty well (down 6-7 pounds in 4 days) so I'm still happy! I may try to be a little stricter tomorrow though!
Thats what I lost the beginning of my weight with-14day plan---so meat and veg really (which for me is salad cos I don't like cooked veg!)------but if I'd known yoghurt was allowed????!!!! And I have the book!!! Actually maybe it was better not knowing, i DO like yoghurt!!
Congrats on the loss BTW!!
Old 03-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks for that...I now know my fave is the tail end of the tenderloin, lol. Never realised, there was so many different edible bits....suppose I just thought you had nice cows and not so nice cows. only joking
The chuck is the top shoulder cut BTW...
LOL there are no bad cows. Love eatin' them, love wearin' them.
Quote:
Seriously...I never new...how did I miss that! I mean the 3 eggs bit.
me neither!
Quote:
When I do eggs I ditch all the yolks except for one.......the whites are pure protein.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #195
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
LOL there are no bad cows. Love eatin' them, love wearin' them.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #196
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hi Ladies and BASS!!!!

Fridays are soo tough for me to login, but all is well in my world. No cheats. I drank two plain waters today, and my jeans are baggy!!!! So exciting!! I didnt weigh today and my sinus infection is here, but I stuck with all chicken again, and added a little hot sauce to see if I could taste it. I felt the burn on my tongue, but no taste!!! I guess this cold is a blessing in desguise. More chicken for supper and tomorrow will be the same. (Im even eating it baked which is unheard of for me)
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #197
Blabbermouth!!!

I didnt know we had a real count for eggs and calorie limits. I don't think I ever found it in my book. Thanks for the info Anything!!! We may have to get thoses pages posted!
Old 03-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #198
Blabbermouth!!!

so, if the Doc allows the fat of 3 eggs, how much butter can we use if we eliminate eggs....

Im just kidding...but not really...
Old 03-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #199
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hi Ladies and BASS!!!!

Fridays are soo tough for me to login, but all is well in my world. No cheats. I drank two plain waters today, and my jeans are baggy!!!! So exciting!! I didnt weigh today and my sinus infection is here, but I stuck with all chicken again, and added a little hot sauce to see if I could taste it. I felt the burn on my tongue, but no taste!!! I guess this cold is a blessing in desguise. More chicken for supper and tomorrow will be the same. (Im even eating it baked which is unheard of for me)
Go you-Miss BaggyPants!! Here's to them actually falling down!!
Old 03-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #200
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
thanks.. :blush: but I should be ashamed that they are 11's in the first place...my thighs are holding them up!!
Old 03-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

California Firm Recalls Chicken and Pork Products for Possible Listeria Contamination
Tue, 01 Mar 2011 21:03:47 -0600

Taylor Farms Pacific, a Tracy, Calif., establishment, has recalled approximately 64,000 pounds of chicken and pork products because the broccoli used in these products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.

"Don't worry, be happy and live longer: studies" (Reuters Health, Mar.
2, 2011).
Don't worry, be happy and live longer: studies | Reuters

Research suggests alcohol consumption helps stave off dementia"
(Eurekalert [American Association for the Advancement of Science], Mar. 2,
2011).
Research suggests alcohol consumption helps stave off dementia

two good reasons to party!

Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight!
-Zelda Wisdom

"Ibuprofen may lower risk of Parkinson's disease," (Eurekalert [American
Association for the Advancement of Science], March 2, 2011).
Ibuprofen may lower risk of Parkinson's disease

Dementia link to middle-age obesity," by Mark Metherell (_Age_
[Melbourne], March 5, 2011).
Dementia link to middle-age obesity

"Exercise, diet and humour provide perfect tonic for a healthy lifespan,"
by Fiona Gartland (_Irish Times_ [Dublin], March 4, 2011).
Exercise, diet and humour provide perfect tonic for a healthy lifespan - The Irish Times - Fri, Mar 04, 2011

I knew I was onto something, here's proof!
Old 03-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
so, if the Doc allows the fat of 3 eggs, how much butter can we use if we eliminate eggs....

Im just kidding...but not really...
an egg is 70 caliries, an egg white 20. I tsp. buttter=100 calories.
Don't do it Al!
Quote:
Hi Ladies and BASS!!!!

Make sure you wear boxers so you look cool as they sag around your hips!
Quote:
for all of us!
Old 03-04-2011, 05:22 PM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So I washed my wool coat, my Carharrt snowsuit-the super heavy one I use for below twenty degrees- and my puffer jackets so I can kiss winter goodbye. How's that for optimism? Even did a pedicure last weekend, filed those hooves down real good. Hooray the return of the Oak King!
Old 03-04-2011, 05:23 PM   #204
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CodyJo
Stats: Start 310 lbs/ Goal 180 lbs/ Current 237 lbs
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal/Low Fat (formerly on Medifast)
Start Date: 9/20/10
Hello all! I am new and wanted to introduce myself. I am going to start Stillmans for 2 weeks (stall buster) on Sunday the 6th. I am excited to start and just getting my menu all figured out.
CodyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Weclome Cody Jo! Did you look at the menu in the forum? Please go by that! Some people have found that they can add in this or that, but I suggest you stick with the menu at first to ensure the quickest results...
Old 03-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member

I got the 3 egg rule from the original 1970's diet... which I was able to look into the book on amazon months ago which was a treat, but that option is no longer there, I just checked. It was a different diet than what is listed on the boards in as much as the meat you could eat actually had measurements. Like 6 oz beef, etc.... much stricter than what is on the lc boards like 'eat as much as you want" Even the diet jello was measured to so many oz per day. And you could have one 8 oz cup of non-fat milk, 2 if you were under a certain age. Greek yogurt and coconut oil were pretty much unheard of back in the 70's but they are not listed as okay on the original diet. Also diet colas were made with sacharine, not the neurotoxic aspartame which now is becoming more known for messing with the hypothalamus and appetite control. TAB diet cola still is made with sacharine but it is hard to find. So Stillman couldn't address that issue, however, in the original 1970's he allowed all the diet colas you wanted (I drank them by the case back then) but you still had to have all your water!! Okay, those have been my findings...

Like Al said pages back, she finds it easier to stick with the more stricter it is... and I am the same.

By and large, people just have to do whatever works, but I just wanted to give an overview of the original 70's diet. I need to order the oldie off of Amazon!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #207
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CodyJo
Stats: Start 310 lbs/ Goal 180 lbs/ Current 237 lbs
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal/Low Fat (formerly on Medifast)
Start Date: 9/20/10
Quote:
Weclome Cody Jo! Did you look at the menu in the forum? Please go by that! Some people have found that they can add in this or that, but I suggest you stick with the menu at first to ensure the quickest results...
I have 12 ounces of chicken per day planned. On Sunday, I made 12 of these egg muffins: Pepperoni Egg Muffins Recipe. After I made them, I realized I should have excluded pepperoni, but they are made already, so lesson learned My nutrition for Sunday looks like this:
Cal 970 Carbs 12 Fat 30 Protein 153

Starting on Monday, I am going to do 12 oz of chicken and 3 hard boiled eggs & 1 cup of 2% cottage cheese. This should put me at:
Cal 808 Carbs 10 Fat 24 Protein 128
CodyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:34 PM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Codyjo; I checked out that egg muffin recipe... it looks perfect for a maintenance plan, I can hardly wait till I lose those last 5 lbs so I can try it!

Good deal that you are counting everything... it will help you stay accountable.

Blessings to everyone. Nighty night!
Old 03-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Oh one last thing; CC: The daisies are coming up here in California, you will have a beautiful spring as all that snow melts! Keep up the optimism... we are ALL ready for spring, thats another reason for springing into March with Stillmans! chuckle...
Old 03-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

One more thing; found this after I googled Egg Diet:"Soda pop is totally off limits - even diet soda. The reason for this is because diet soda contains an artificial sweetener called aspartame. The Atkins Research Center has discovered that aspartame inhibits your body from converting stored fat into glucose. If you absolutely have to have something sweet to drink, get Diet Rite. Diet Rite is a soft drink that comes in many different flavors including cola and orange. It does not contain any aspartame and is sweetened with Splenda instead. You can also mix unsweetened Kool-Aid packets with Saccharin based artificial sweeteners. Saccharin and Spelnda are both safe for the Egg Diet. Also, don’t let the government cancer warning on the front of every Saccharin based sweetener fool you. The warning was put there by congress in the mid 1970’s and not by the FDA. It is there for political reasons and not medical ones. It is a tribute to the corruptness of the lawmakers of the 1970’s. Just disregard it. Saccharin has been in use for over a hundred years and nobody has ever gotten cancer from it yet."

This explains the stalls that some people on this board have had. I would say go for TAB which has sacchrine and if TAB isn't available then go for the Diet Rite, if you have to have soda at all...