Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 08:24 AM   #1711
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CoCo
Stats: Ex: 175/157/135
WOE: QWL
Start Date: June 11th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I googled a height weight ratio chart with images and it helped, it doesn't have bone structure or how muscular these ppl are but it helped me get an idea of what I would look like at that weight, I was also happy to realize that I look like I weigh 10 pounds less than I actually do and I will take whatever I can.
Mar 130 is my first goal also, I am 5.2
CoCo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2011, 08:27 AM   #1712
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CoCo
Stats: Ex: 175/157/135
Start Date: June 11th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi peeps! Just off the plane and having tea! Read all yor 4pages of posts! WTG! I want the recipe for the turkey sausages too please!
Welcome back!
CoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:05 AM   #1713
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo View Post
Hi tracyann I am 5.2 and small boned, I'm 163.6 this morning. I sure hope I can do as well as you have. About your legs, you might not see them as they really are. When we lose we can sometimes morf what we see in the mirror, almost see ourself as not have lost at all. It's a mental thing. I bet your legs look great!
I think we all have the problem to some degree, I find with myself when I lose weight quickly I have to take breaks otherwise my brain doesn't catch up with my body.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #1714
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momtocj7mea
Stats: 282/179/162
WOE: Paleo/Primal..whole foods FTW!
Start Date: 11/30/11
Ok here it is peeps, now this is a spicy turkey sausage recipe so if you don't like spicy food you can leave out the cayenne and pepper or just adjust the seasonings to your liking. I like spicy things, lol!! Also, you can use whatever ground turkey you want, obviously the more fat it has in it the better it will taste, I know the extra lean ground turkey is not very good for this recipe...it's just too dry. But if you can stomach it, by all means go ahead

1 lb. ground turkey ( I use the 93/7)
1-1 1/2 tsp of salt
1 1/2 tsp of dried sage ( I use ground sage)
1/4-1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 tsp thyme

Mix all of your seasonings together with the ground turkey until well blended and form into 2oz. patties. Heat in a non stick skillet...it should take about 10-15 minutes total. Adjust the seasonings as needed or desired. Enjoy!!

ETA:Also the recipe originally called for 2lbs. of ground turkey but I found it to be very bland with 2lbs. Of course, I love spices and seasonings. So just use your best judgement

Last edited by momtocj7mea; 04-01-2011 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: Update
momtocj7mea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:53 AM   #1715
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Thank you tracyann71 and aleriaa

I am logging on to this site every 2 minutes looking for support.
Time for me to eat more food

I ate a lot of turkey for dinner last night and it seemed like an hour later i was hungry again

I have a history of being a super athlete so I am accustomed to a lot of heavy duty working out. I havent worked out yet at all on this plan, I don't think I could right now, and I notice some people are suggesting light walking and light work outs until you get past that "Sketchy feeling".

I am pretty good at staying the course when it comes to diets and now clearly I have 2 huge motivations. I am graduating from my university in May with my masters and getting married RIGHT after that in June, I need to look my very best because the cameras are gonna be a-flashing.

Time to go to the grocery store again.
I can totally do this.

I look forward to being able to post a nice loss and adjust my stats

Thanks everyone so much for your support and updates
akagal20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #1716
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
I always have trouble on the weekends and I think it is because I don't have internet access at home right now and I need the boards for moral support over the weekends so I am making myself accountable right now by saying I will be down at least 2 pounds by Monday.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #1717
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 199/195/160 5'5.5"
Start Date: :::again::: December 26, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyann71 View Post
I have no limit when it comes to pnut butter. I have to simply avoid!!
Oh boy, me too...
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #1718
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Cyone
Stats: To hit 199 by 08/27/2012
WOE: 17 Day Diet Cycles 1-4
Start Date: August 2011
Good afternoon everyone! And Happy April

Finally weighed in and sad that I didn't see the number I wanted to but I thought about it and Aunt Flo came in town Tuesday and I think I'm retaining water though I've been drinking like a fish lol. Not going to get down though and just hope this will lead to a whoosh when she leaves.
Cyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:33 PM   #1719
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbassplayer
Stats: 209/187/160
Start Date: 5/5/10
Quote:
Hi peeps! Just off the plane and having tea! Read all yor 4pages of posts! WTG! I want the recipe for the turkey sausages too please!
Welcome back GT. Hope you had a great time back home.
bigbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:47 PM   #1720
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Ditch the half and half and have regular cream, less carbs. it could be becuse I did atkins first but I will always pick fat over sugar, I think it was CC (I could be wrong here) who said yesterday that your body won't store the fat you eat as fat but it will store the carbs as fat.
yep, you got it right!
Quote:
Hey everyone!

I am 148.8 today so with any luck I will be 145 by next week!
wow WTG you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateL110 View Post
Alright, so i know the last time i posted was like 10 pages ago lol but i am finally on spring break and the week before spring break was a Killer! I wish i could tell you all that the last couple weeks I have been on track, sadly that is not the case :blush:..... But it sounds like everyone is doing amazingly well! I didnt read all the posts, just skimmed. I am down 4 lbs from yesterday, thats a pretty good restart.
wow nice restart!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Sugar free PB Cup Pie!?!?!?! Nobody go to this site!! ......drool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyann71 View Post
I am on track, but I feel a binge looming. I am craving something and that is why I am posting here, hoping for good cyber vibes to steer me clear of the kitchen. I think I should go and buy some sexy heels as a deterrant. That ought to do it!! lol
yay! the 'will trade food for shoes' deal......works for me!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #1721
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Hey Everyone,
I feel late to the party today. Al- No worries my dear..If it is a little fat that constitutes a cheat, then tomorrow or over the weekend, I know u have the motivation to get back on track..Mar-You r doing great!!Congratulations!!AB--I similar thing happened to me..After the initial 100lbs, I decide to maintain it for awhile..When I was ready to continue to my goal, I would just stay stagnant, so I decided to reduce the carbs even further and the fat, thus Stillman's was my option...I also have a vanity issue moreso than ever..Since I have lost the weight, I find myself looking in mirrors(when no one is watching) and looking at my stomach and my legs and my arms..I feel like a deflated balloon and that bothers me tremindously..I am proud that I went from a size 22 to between a 6 and an 8, but the excess skin is really disheartening..No one can see it but me which is why, if it doesn't tighten up within the next two years, I'll probably have surgery...Ok enough of that...I am still grateful for what I have accomplished, and I know I can do this little extra bit...
So against the advice of CC, I did order the Walden Farm's PB..I read good and bad reviews..I guess I need to try it for myself...
So, I feel like I need to change something...Today I had crepes (cinnamon,splenda,vanilla extract that is SF) along with a little canned salmon..about 1/3rd of the can...I had crepes again for lunch and for dinner...I also had water and a 20oz bottle of dt dr pepper...What am I doing wrong?
PsychDoc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #1722
Senior LCF Member

Sorry--I didn't finish..I've lost 11lbs since beginning Stillman's in mid-March and find it a very good and compatible lifestyle as it aligns nicely with my food choices which revolves around meat..However, I need some guidence as to this stall I feel I am in..Should I stop the Splenda?..I've never done that..I'm perplexed as to my stall problem..Should I eat after 6pm..I never do..And I stop drinking after 8..My body has been accustomed to this for months..Maybe exercise is the answer..I was a jogger for months on Atkin's and I haven't been motivated recently..Is that something I need to incorporate again? I've read mixed reviews regarding vigorous cardio..Any advice?
Old 04-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #1723
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
PsychDoc- And so you should be proud of your accomplishments!!

Have you been stalled over a week? I have had a week go by without a loss, and then had 5 the following week. The salmon has extra fat, but Im thinking its the vanilla extract and sugar free stuff that could be slowing you down. Also, is there any other ingredient in the eggbeaters thats not egg? Could there be a few sneaky additives??.

Try eating chicken, turkey, and tuna for a couple days with mustard and hotsauce, and have two real eggs! That always seem to do the trick!!! Eat if your hungry, and if its after 6PM, go for it!!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:14 PM   #1724
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I always have trouble on the weekends and I think it is because I don't have internet access at home right now and I need the boards for moral support over the weekends so I am making myself accountable right now by saying I will be down at least 2 pounds by Monday.
Hold me accountable too!! Two pounds gone for each of us by the time you get back!!!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #1725
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyone View Post
Good afternoon everyone! And Happy April

Finally weighed in and sad that I didn't see the number I wanted to but I thought about it and Aunt Flo came in town Tuesday and I think I'm retaining water though I've been drinking like a fish lol. Not going to get down though and just hope this will lead to a whoosh when she leaves.
Here's to wishing for whooshes!!! Get ready, its comin your way!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #1726
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
I am logging on to this site every 2 minutes looking for support.
Time for me to eat more food

I ate a lot of turkey for dinner last night and it seemed like an hour later i was hungry again
I will be here every 2 minutes starting at 7 AM tomorrow..

Keep eating turkey til you cant stuff in another bite!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 03:19 PM   #1727
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
1 lb. ground turkey ( I use the 93/7)
1-1 1/2 tsp of salt
1 1/2 tsp of dried sage ( I use ground sage)
1/4-1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 tsp thyme

Mix all of your seasonings together with the ground turkey until well blended and form into 2oz. patties. Heat in a non stick skillet...it should take about 10-15 minutes total. Adjust the seasonings as needed or desired. Enjoy!!
THANKS FOR THE RECIPE!!! Sounds good!!
Old 04-01-2011, 03:20 PM   #1728
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks goodness your almost home!!!! Check back soon!!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 03:23 PM   #1729
Blabbermouth!!!

MAr, Coco, annie, tracey - I love having other shorties on the board!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #1730
Senior LCF Member

Tuna

Any ideas on stillman friendly tuna meals ?

I love tuna and I'm gonna eat that for a few days

What can I add to it , that's safe .
Old 04-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #1731
Senior LCF Member

Al-Eggbeater Ingredients: egg whites, less than 1 percent of the following-natural flavor, color, spices, salt, onion powder, vegetable gums (xanthan gum,guar gum), maltodextrin..All kinds of vits and min..I use to eat eggs during Atkins, but I looked at how much cholesterol a single egg had one day and was aghast as too how many eggs I ate in comparison to cholesterol consumption..For health purposes I switched to egg beaters..As for the vanilla extract there is no carbs in it according to an on line search, but I will cut it out just in case..Other than that I don't eat any thing sugar free..Now I ordered some Walden Farm's item the other day, but I haven't received it yet and I probably won't eat it for a few weeks when I see movement down on the scale..I don't try things until I know for sure they are not inhibiting downward movement..Is that too much fat in the Salmon..I purchased the one with the least amounrt of fat..It has the same as tuna in a can, I think...But, I'll change to tuna ans turkey per your suggestion...Thanks!
Old 04-02-2011, 02:36 AM   #1732
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Morning peeps! It's gonna hit 27degrees celcius today-too lazy to look it up in fahrenheit-but that's Summer hot!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:52 AM   #1733
Big Yapper!!!!

Psych-11lbs since March is def not a stall! WTG! But if you're worried about stalling then cut the eggbeaters,syrup, diet drinks, etc. I know they say they have no carbs-but seriously the ingredients aren't even food! QWL works best if it's clean and lean, (everything does)as in just whole-foods, ie. meat and fish and water as fluids. I would dump the crepes etc, keep the salmon. You're right, some has the only same amount of fat as tuna-i never buy it! It's double the price with none of the good fats. But i would reccommend eating it,the good omega filled stuff, if you're worried about your skin. I think i prob ate a tin of salmon nearly every day for a year at the beginning, and I really think it helped mine. It's not completely perfect (inside of my upper arms is def not great) but you would never know I lost so much weight.
And on the question of exercise-yes, yes and yes!! It will tone you up no end and you'll burn calories-and if you up the intensity or change something then you'll break a stall.
But seriously 11lbs since mid-March is def not a stall!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 04-02-2011, 05:01 AM   #1734
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Morning peeps! It's gonna hit 27degrees celcius today-too lazy to look it up in fahrenheit-but that's Summer hot!
Lucky you!!! Its going to be sunny, but still chilly here today!!
Old 04-02-2011, 05:02 AM   #1735
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Psych-11lbs since March is def not a stall! WTG! But if you're worried about stalling then cut the eggbeaters,syrup, diet drinks, etc. I know they say they have no carbs-but seriously the ingredients aren't even food! QWL works best if it's clean and lean, (everything does)as in just whole-foods, ie. meat and fish and water as fluids. I would dump the crepes etc, keep the salmon. You're right, some has the only same amount of fat as tuna-i never buy it! It's double the price with none of the good fats. But i would reccommend eating it,the good omega filled stuff, if you're worried about your skin. I think i prob ate a tin of salmon nearly every day for a year at the beginning, and I really think it helped mine. It's not completely perfect (inside of my upper arms is def not great) but you would never know I lost so much weight.
And on the question of exercise-yes, yes and yes!! It will tone you up no end and you'll burn calories-and if you up the intensity or change something then you'll break a stall.
But seriously 11lbs since mid-March is def not a stall!!
I agree with all of this!!! even the exercise!
Old 04-02-2011, 05:06 AM   #1736
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Any ideas on stillman friendly tuna meals ?

I love tuna and I'm gonna eat that for a few days

What can I add to it , that's safe .

mustard or hot sauce

really watered down soy sauce

cumin + cayenne

basil + garlic powder

celery salt

seasonings are endless!

my favorite way is right out of the pouch..
Old 04-02-2011, 05:14 AM   #1737
Blabbermouth!!!

I dont believe any product that says zero carbs. I wish I could, but it always makes me think of Hellmans Mayo. 0 Carbs, yet sugar is listed in the ingredients!

PsyDoc, if you are truly enjoying your current meals, dont change unless you really know its not working. GT made sense. 11 pounds is really great!!! Im like the slash and cut it out girl, and I sometimes forget that other items can still work for someone else!!
Old 04-02-2011, 05:23 AM   #1738
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I dont believe any product that says zero carbs. I wish I could, but it always makes me think of Hellmans Mayo. 0 Carbs, yet sugar is listed in the ingredients!

PsyDoc, if you are truly enjoying your current meals, dont change unless you really know its not working. GT made sense. 11 pounds is really great!!! Im like the slash and cut it out girl, and I sometimes forget that other items can still work for someone else!!
Nope I don't believe them either! That's why I have barely even eaten gum! Too afraid!
Old 04-02-2011, 06:17 AM   #1739
Senior LCF Member

What the heck.

Hey ok so I haven't even been on Stillman for a week and I'm down 3 lbs
Seriously ?

I have 60 days and I'm trying to lose 15 to 20

I've lost 3 lbs since freaking Thursday, yeah !!!!

I'm sooo motivated now , it's possible that I can reach my goal
Its a simple program and before on my " calorie counting" diets I would lose 2 lbs every 7 days plus kill myself in the gym

I have not worked out once

Ive seen all the evidence I need to see , now let's get ready for April !!!
Old 04-02-2011, 07:15 AM   #1740
Senior LCF Member

Congrats akagal!!You will reach goal in no time..
MomtoCJ..I used your ingredients for my tube o louis rich and I added some jalepeno seasoning along with the caynne this morning..Al I added the chickeb broth idea to it to make it crumbly instead of patties and it smells good..I put all of it in the fridge for later..
Yeah..Helmann's is my favorite Mayo but I haven't touched it since beginning Stillman's because of the restriction on carbs..unfortunate..About the eggbeaters, I think, since you can freeze unopened cartons, they went up to the freezer this morning joining the cream cheese that has been retired up there a few weeks ago..
I only at two portions of my Salmon tin yesterday so I ate a little this morning...I think I'll have a little more for lunch since I have the day off and the rest tonight..Thanks everyone..Have a great weekend..