Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 12:08 PM   #1561
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
Quote:
I have a coffession to make I am a Penut Butter addict and I often eat a spoonful (of 3) of Peunut butter most nights. So as of today less Peanut Butter if I just stop cold turkey I might go through withdrawl and thats bad!
MAR922 - ME TOO!!!!!! I love pb sooooo much - just ask anyone who knows me well! If I stay away from it I will lose if I eat it I just sit still. hmmmm....might be a plan for maintenance! JK!

To quote: AL -
Quote:
and then theres the portion problem, but thats a whole nother story.. lol
03-28-2011 12:56 PM
Portion control is one of my biggest problems!!!
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2011, 01:24 PM   #1562
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cat430
Stats: 5'3ish 160/147.2/110
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart March 14 2011
So I am having a near-death experince. TurboFire is way intense but I never quit once I hit play, must be my competitive nature.
I ended up having a a small gyro salad today for lunch it was so heavenly, roasted lamb sometimes just hits the spot YUM! I had some yogurt yesterday so I am feeling so much better. Could just be the medicine is wearing off for the day?!?!?!. Since I had the salad for lunch I am still feeling incredibly full so maybe just an egg later or an all beef hotdog. Tomorrow strict meat and a possible egg or two. I don't think that scale is going to budge much tomorrow due to the salad but who knows.

Night all!

151 .8 150 149 148 147 146 145 144 143 142 141 140 139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130 129 128 127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120 119 118 117 116 115 114 113 112 111 Goal 110
Cat430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #1563
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
[QUOTE=msgirl;14510904]MAR922 - ME TOO!!!!!! I love pb sooooo much - just ask anyone who knows me well! If I stay away from it I will lose if I eat it I just sit still. hmmmm....might be a plan for maintenance! JK!QUOTE]

Yeah I am the same way and I just jkeep telling myself well atleast it isn't a gain but to get back into losing weight I will have to cut it out
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:51 PM   #1564
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Hello All :)

So I have been lurking around this forum for about 2 months to live vicariously through each of your progress thus far. Bravo Ladies and Gents!! I did my Stillman research and started about 10 days ago and have lost 10lbs thus far. The problem I had was the cream(half and half) in my coffee. I decided to just cut out coffee to get serious 10 days ago and take out the mayo and switch to mustard and that made a load of difference. I was 151 this morning and hoping to get to the 140's in the next couple of days. I just discovered the wonders of canned salmon this morning and have thus incorporated it into my day. Delicious in patties with eggbeaters and herbs/garlic and placed in the oven. My new favorite thing. Yummy. Anyway, you guys are awesome and I am so happy to join you on your journey. You all seem to be such wonderful and inspiring individuals. I'm looking forward to learning and sharing together on this journey.
PsychDoc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #1565
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hi Doc!!!! Oh wow!! So many new friends! This is so cool. We are gonna rock this!! Great job on the 10 pounds in 10 days! Thats the results Ive been waitin for!!! and a big congrats on the progress youve already made before joining us to get to goal!!! After all the weight you loss you must already feel like a superstar!!!! WTG!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #1566
Senior LCF Member

Hey Al!!

Thanks so much for your inspiration..From reading your many posts on the wonders of ground turkey (I like it too), I thought to try ground chicken on a whim this weekend. Yuck, I'll just stick to ground turkey. You are awesome as well and have had great success..I love reading your posts and Mar's and others on the post. I value all the support that you all give to one another even through let downs and those creeps to the fridge. One thing I did when I was on Atkins is to not eat after certain times. I don't eat after 6pm and don't drink after 8pm. This really helps me to adjust my eating times around the day. It was hard at first but I still do it on Stillman's. Honestly, repetition is a way of life on these lifestyle changes. I thought I was the weird one when I would just eat the same boring food for a few weeks at a time and then change to a new one for the same amount of time until I realized last year that others do the same. I was on a quiche kick with ground turkey last week (of course no crust, egg beaters and herbs to make it yummy). Over the weekend it was all about steak and now canned salmon. I bought a couple of cans along with canned crab last week and used the crab in the egg drop soup I made last week (using the recipe that Al post awhile ago). I didn't know what I was gonna do with the canned salmon until I saw the recipes except I didn't add the milk, or the bread crumbs or sour cream..I used the egg beaters and a little parmesan cheese (yes I know) and some herbs..I try to not use eggs if at all possible..Eggbeaters for everything..Then, I didn't want to fry so I baked using some pam spray for the aluminum foil..Scrumptious..It's really nice to have the atkins foundation. It makes Stillman's plan easy to follow excluding the array of cheeses. I can't get away from parmesan. I guess if I'm losing, I don't need to let that go unless I notice a stall like I did with the cream..
Old 03-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #1567
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CoCo
Stats: Ex: 175/157/135
Start Date: June 11th 2012
Welcome psychdoc. You guys are the best! I'm going to follow your advise and stay away from the cheese all togather. I'm already running into trouble from friends and family that want to take me out for a b-day dinner/lunch. It was last week, but they won't take no for an anwser. I'm soooooo nervous, how can I do just meat with these people who will be trying to force b-day cake into my month. Oh I could just srceam! I wish my book would get here, I need to read more about the diet. I know I will do this, with all the help I can get from you all.
CoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:46 PM   #1568
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by anniebell View Post
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks. I started Stillmans mid-march and lost about 7 pounds. I haven't been very strict and then Saturday I went to a party and well let's just say Saturday night and Sunday were not exactly on plan. :blush: I'm not sure what the damage was bc I was running late today and didn't weigh in. I do better with support and accountability so I knew I should start posting. You all have a great group, so supportive! I'm excited to get to know everyone.

(I post from my phone during the week so apologies in advance for any typos or weird autocorrects).

Annie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo View Post
Hi Cylone, thanks for the welcome and for your menue. Babybell light cheese, we can have them? That was one of my questions, what cheese can we have, I don't want to screw up and get the wrong type of cheese. You are such an encouragement. Losing 60lbs, you make me feel like there is hope for me!
some do some don't YMMV

Quote:
Can we have laughing cow light cheese?
some do some don't YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
Happy Monday!

Okay - so I did have veggies (via salad) this weekend. Darn it! I was trying to just have meat only but I ate my salad on Saturday and Sunday. I just don't like the weird looks and comments I get from people who watch what I eat Since both times were social occasions.

Anyways.....Back to meat, eggs, ff cottage cheese and waters!!!

I am up 1.4 from the veggies - so I am hoping today to flush that with lots of water.

As Mar922 says - I guess it was better than having ice cream.

It's crazy that veggies can add pounds. Even the lowest carb ones!
again, truly no need for veg in the true paleo diet.......I know, I'm a broken record
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I'm with MS on the cheese... It might be ok for maintenence or maybe slow weight loss. It seemed to help me stay bouncing around the same number for weeks. That may be mainly because I have serious contol issues with it. It's very hard for me to stop.

Back in January I hit 149 for ONE day... Then started bouncing back up. I'm on my second week of meat and eggs. I will have coffe with a little cream or H&H for breakfast and then eat 4 boiled eggs for lunch... And steak or chicken for supper. Sometimes I may switch that around.

This is serving me well... I'm going to stick with it as long as I'm losing. I'll tweak aroun when I stop losing.

Typing on my phone... Please excuse the typos!
Becky try stir fry teryaki pork for brekkie.....kitties loved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Dr says its safe to stay on til you reach goal!! I like to say give it 2 strict weeks because you will be blown away by the results, and very eager at that point to keep on going!!!!

I lasted 9 months on meat without a single veggie and I live to tell about it!
our science project proves again veg are optional not required
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat430 View Post
So I am having a near-death experince. TurboFire is way intense but I never quit once I hit play, must be my competitive nature.
I ended up having a a small gyro salad today for lunch it was so heavenly, roasted lamb sometimes just hits the spot YUM! I had some yogurt yesterday so I am feeling so much better. Could just be the medicine is wearing off for the day?!?!?!. Since I had the salad for lunch I am still feeling incredibly full so maybe just an egg later or an all beef hotdog. Tomorrow strict meat and a possible egg or two. I don't think that scale is going to budge much tomorrow due to the salad but who knows.

Night all!
GYRO.........mmmmmmmmmmm........and it's so sexy when it's done up on the pole thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
So I have been lurking around this forum for about 2 months to live vicariously through each of your progress thus far. Bravo Ladies and Gents!! I did my Stillman research and started about 10 days ago and have lost 10lbs thus far. The problem I had was the cream(half and half) in my coffee. I decided to just cut out coffee to get serious 10 days ago and take out the mayo and switch to mustard and that made a load of difference. I was 151 this morning and hoping to get to the 140's in the next couple of days. I just discovered the wonders of canned salmon this morning and have thus incorporated it into my day. Delicious in patties with eggbeaters and herbs/garlic and placed in the oven. My new favorite thing. Yummy. Anyway, you guys are awesome and I am so happy to join you on your journey. You all seem to be such wonderful and inspiring individuals. I'm looking forward to learning and sharing together on this journey.
yay a lurker...er, someone who studied! i lurked for months!

ugh BF came home early begging off cuz his back hurt...........I stuffed him in bed and was lucky to get in two eggs over easy on two slices of Canadian bacon.....I know, the salt will slay me but it was what I wanted and it was fast and stealthy.....kitties and I had it cooked and eaten while he slumbered in bliss
nothing at the ready-BIG Stilly mistake-all we had to nosh on was bologna.........I have an elder cat who has taken a liking and I'm hoping the fat puts some weight on him.
Gawd it was like we were evacuated or in a disaster no real food, thank goodness I have almonds stashed in the truck can't keep them in the house

with an inverter and some creativity I'll bet I could rig a GF grill in the truck
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:58 PM   #1569
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Welcome psychdoc. You guys are the best! I'm going to follow your advise and stay away from the cheese all togather. I'm already running into trouble from friends and family that want to take me out for a b-day dinner/lunch. It was last week, but they won't take no for an anwser. I'm soooooo nervous, how can I do just meat with these people who will be trying to force b-day cake into my month. Oh I could just srceam! I wish my book would get here, I need to read more about the diet. I know I will do this, with all the help I can get from you all.
Coco, the book will prob not give you more info on the diet, just a feel for the doc's writing style, which was more like a car salesman than a trained physician.
I am truly convinced that's why he didn't become a shooting star of diet and nutrition. Of course, mainstream media and technology back then were nothing as compared to now. You actually had to READ.
The diet's beauty is the simplicity. That's where he failed. He was honest and he didn't covet money. He wanted to help people.
Others like Dukan Suzanne Somers South Beach etc. have succeeded because they make it complicated. Science like.
The truth is it's simple. Unbelievably so that people don't trust it.

NEWBIES.....for more on why it's not a diet and why fruits and veggies are unnecessary for optimal health and just a treat go to

Second Opinions UK and read why five a day is BS

read all the other stuff, too

you can follow the 'diet' and get to goal and leave, but only after you embrace the paleo lifestyle will you really get it

as for the bday fling

read back to my outing at Chuck E. Cheez with my niece this past Sunday.

I scraped the cheese off the pizza, ordered wings, and had two forkfuls of icing off the cake. Nobody said a damn thing.

and if they did?

recently diagnosed with celiac disease (no wheat/gluten) and borderline diabetic (no sugar)

you wouldn't force me to eat that cake knowing you would have to take me to the ER wouldya?

Last edited by CCGirl; 03-28-2011 at 05:07 PM..
Old 03-29-2011, 05:13 AM   #1570
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
ugh BF came home early begging off cuz his back hurt...........I stuffed him in bed and was lucky to get in two eggs over easy on two slices of Canadian bacon.....I know, the salt will slay me but it was what I wanted and it was fast and stealthy.....kitties and I had it cooked and eaten while he slumbered in bliss
nothing at the ready-BIG Stilly mistake-all we had to nosh on was bologna.........I have an elder cat who has taken a liking and I'm hoping the fat puts some weight on him.
Gawd it was like we were evacuated or in a disaster no real food, thank goodness I have almonds stashed in the truck can't keep them in the house

with an inverter and some creativity I'll bet I could rig a GF grill in the truck
Hope BF is feelin better today! You two are having a rough week! Dont feel bad about bacon and eggs and bologne girlie! If thats the worst you can do, we are in good shape!! I have 4 lbs of sugar free bacon and pounds of prime rib waitn for me. Once i hit 120 those fatty foods are MINE!!!!! Give the kitty some carbs, that'll put some weight on him- KIDDING!!!

and dont be jealous of my shopping trip yesterday..(2) 10 lb bags o chicken, and 12 lbs. of ground turkey. Should last me til the weekend, right?

yesterdays menu was coffee w/ sweet&low, one chicken breast and 2ish pounds of turkey...with salt.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:23 AM   #1571
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
as for the bday fling

read back to my outing at Chuck E. Cheez with my niece this past Sunday.

I scraped the cheese off the pizza, ordered wings, and had two forkfuls of icing off the cake. Nobody said a damn thing.

and if they did?

recently diagnosed with celiac disease (no wheat/gluten) and borderline diabetic (no sugar)

you wouldn't force me to eat that cake knowing you would have to take me to the ER wouldya?

This is the perfect explanation.

Seriously, no matter how embarrasing being on a diet is, there comes a point when we have to put ourselves first and do what we got to do. As silly as people may think we are, the results we get from Stillmans prove themselves very quickly. I know its tough, but we cant prolong being overweight for another day. If this is the diet we choose (because of the quickest results) we have to give it our best shot and not look back. Its torture eating this way the first week or so, and any slip up makes us have to start all over agian..Not a good cycle to be in. Very depressing.. This is the perfect time to put our foot down and stick it out, no matter what. Picture 50 pounds gone by the fourth of July, or for peeps that dont have that much to lose, we will already be at goal. I will bet on it...

So who's in?
Old 03-29-2011, 05:30 AM   #1572
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks so much for your inspiration..From reading your many posts on the wonders of ground turkey (I like it too), I thought to try ground chicken on a whim this weekend. Yuck, I'll just stick to ground turkey. You are awesome as well and have had great success..I love reading your posts and Mar's and others on the post. I value all the support that you all give to one another even through let downs and those creeps to the fridge. One thing I did when I was on Atkins is to not eat after certain times. I don't eat after 6pm and don't drink after 8pm. This really helps me to adjust my eating times around the day. It was hard at first but I still do it on Stillman's. Honestly, repetition is a way of life on these lifestyle changes. I thought I was the weird one when I would just eat the same boring food for a few weeks at a time and then change to a new one for the same amount of time until I realized last year that others do the same. I was on a quiche kick with ground turkey last week (of course no crust, egg beaters and herbs to make it yummy). Over the weekend it was all about steak and now canned salmon. I bought a couple of cans along with canned crab last week and used the crab in the egg drop soup I made last week (using the recipe that Al post awhile ago). I didn't know what I was gonna do with the canned salmon until I saw the recipes except I didn't add the milk, or the bread crumbs or sour cream..I used the egg beaters and a little parmesan cheese (yes I know) and some herbs..I try to not use eggs if at all possible..Eggbeaters for everything..Then, I didn't want to fry so I baked using some pam spray for the aluminum foil..Scrumptious..It's really nice to have the atkins foundation. It makes Stillman's plan easy to follow excluding the array of cheeses. I can't get away from parmesan. I guess if I'm losing, I don't need to let that go unless I notice a stall like I did with the cream..
Sounds like you are very creative in the kitchen!!! One of our old friends, nermo, used to make meat scrambles. Always added eggs with her meat, and lost like 60 pounds in a week! exaggerating a bit. but 3-4 months is pretty exciting!!!... good idea with the eggbeaters. I dont usually use them. I know they are fat free, do they have carbs? (probably minimal, right?)
Old 03-29-2011, 05:33 AM   #1573
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
friends and family that want to take me out for a b-day dinner/lunch.
order filet mignon and lobstertail. They will never ask you out again!

In reality....I would never order something expensive that my friends had to pay for, but I would order a steak and baked potato. The baked potato always come all shriveled up. Very easy to pass on that.

Good luck!!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:43 AM   #1574
Blabbermouth!!!

Cyone-check in! I cant wait for your wedding day!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:52 AM   #1575
Blabbermouth!!!

Check out the Stillmans by the Book thread. I just bumped it up.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:31 AM   #1576
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momtocj7mea
Stats: 282/179/162
WOE: Paleo/Primal..whole foods FTW!
Start Date: 11/30/11
Hello everyone!! I have lost a total of 97lbs. over the last year on Atkins but have been stuck bouncing between 183-186 for the past 6 weeks or so And before that my weight loss had slowed to a crawl. So I am going to give Stillman's a try to see if I can't get to goal already, I've only got 25-30lbs to go since I have a modest goal. I would be happy between 150-155. I will wait for the April thread to start checking in since it is so close to the end of March, but I am starting today!!!! I am excited
momtocj7mea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:37 AM   #1577
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 199/192/160 5'5.5"
Start Date: :::again::: December 26, 2013
AL, you are so encouraging...so good at acknowledging everyone...thank you for being our cheerleader!!
I know what you mean about wanting the ribeye...I have been eating sirloin...with some fat but not as much as the ribeye. I know my eggs have fat too...but I don't know how much. I've not been eating mayo or butter...

I've been really pleased with my losses these past two weeks. I'm so close to those 140's! It will be so exciting when I see 148...that will be ground I haven't been on since waaaaaay back probably 20 years ago. Wow...my mind can hardly get wrapped around that....didn't think it was possible!!

Welcome to our new friends on this thread!!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:53 AM   #1578
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You really have had a great loss!

I found having the atkins background helped me too, maybe I should have done it longer and I would have more recipe ideas haha
Old 03-29-2011, 06:56 AM   #1579
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cat430
Stats: 5'3ish 160/147.2/110
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart March 14 2011
Well I am down exactly 1 pound today even with the salad. My back is a tad sore from the workout but nothing a little motrin won't fix.

So great to be back on track and heading in the right direction finally Spring is in the air and I can't wait

everyone out of the lurking zone glad to have you here . I have been known to live there a lot myself

Had coffee today for breakfast but I am better without it because I can't have it without cream.

Starting on my first liter of water for the day and not sure what lunch will bring .

Have a great day everyone, hope you are a bunch of losers
Cat430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:57 AM   #1580
Major LCF Poster!

I am still at 150 but it is also TOM so I am not going to worry about it til the end of the week, I really just want to see 147, as I haven't been at that weight in years! I was trying to remember when I was ever at my goal weight and the last low weight I remember being was 135 when I was in grade 11 haha Does that make my goal unreasonable?
Old 03-29-2011, 07:35 AM   #1581
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Mom2cj!!!! Welcome aboard!! With almost 100 pounds lost, we will surely be looking to yu for advice. WTG!!! Please do check in. If this is your first run with Stillmans, we'll keep ya going these next few days and beyond!!!

Becky- I am so happy for you. You are gonna do it!!! Only a few short pounds away!! .... Im glad you like my cheers! Sometimes I get on a roll here and then I think I may have gone overboard. Let me know if I ever get out of hand and need to back off. I just get so excited and meat makes me feel so great that i want everyone to feel this way!!

Mar- High School weights are totally reasonable!!! Look at Becky!! I never ever thought I would get to 113, and meat got me there last year.. (totally sucks that I put it back on though- )

Cat just reminded me theres this thing called water..... THX!!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:36 AM   #1582
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hope BF is feelin better today! You two are having a rough week! Dont feel bad about bacon and eggs and bologne girlie! If thats the worst you can do, we are in good shape!! I have 4 lbs of sugar free bacon and pounds of prime rib waitn for me. Once i hit 120 those fatty foods are MINE!!!!! Give the kitty some carbs, that'll put some weight on him- KIDDING!!!

and dont be jealous of my shopping trip yesterday..(2) 10 lb bags o chicken, and 12 lbs. of ground turkey. Should last me til the weekend, right?

yesterdays menu was coffee w/ sweet&low, one chicken breast and 2ish pounds of turkey...with salt.
we survived he's back off to work today so far. I haven't eaten anything yet and I'm going to make a veal stew for lunch/dinner, prob stir fry pork for brekkie....kitties love it!
mmmmmmm ground turkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
Hello everyone!! I have lost a total of 97lbs. over the last year on Atkins but have been stuck bouncing between 183-186 for the past 6 weeks or so And before that my weight loss had slowed to a crawl. So I am going to give Stillman's a try to see if I can't get to goal already, I've only got 25-30lbs to go since I have a modest goal. I would be happy between 150-155. I will wait for the April thread to start checking in since it is so close to the end of March, but I am starting today!!!! I am excited
you go girl!
[quote:=becky123abc;14512988]AL, you are so encouraging...so good at acknowledging everyone...thank you for being our cheerleader!!
I know what you mean about wanting the ribeye...I have been eating sirloin...with some fat but not as much as the ribeye. I know my eggs have fat too...but I don't know how much. I've not been eating mayo or butter...

I've been really pleased with my losses these past two weeks. I'm so close to those 140's! It will be so exciting when I see 148...that will be ground I haven't been on since waaaaaay back probably 20 years ago. Wow...my mind can hardly get wrapped around that....didn't think it was possible!!

Welcome to our new friends on this thread!![/quote]

wow Becks shrinking away.....I'll bet you look ten years younger too

time for food! BBL
Old 03-29-2011, 07:38 AM   #1583
Blabbermouth!!!

I lurked so long that I can't even view this website without loggin in!!! LOL

Happen to anyone else??
Old 03-29-2011, 07:49 AM   #1584
Major LCF Poster!

Al I was just on the weigh in page, you are doing great this month!

you are my motivation to get my butt in gear
Old 03-29-2011, 07:59 AM   #1585
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Al I was just on the weigh in page, you are doing great this month!

you are my motivation to get my butt in gear
Thanks!!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:36 AM   #1586
Senior LCF Member

CCgirl, thats a great idea, celiac disease, i love it and it just might work! i already blew it (sort of) last night but in future I will know what to say. Thanks for the info on the book, it really is simple to follow from what I have learned on forum. just protein and low fat.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:49 AM   #1587
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!
Al-eggbeaters:0 fat,0 cholesterol,6g protein, 1 carb..I buy like 4-5 each week and they have an array of flavors from chives to southwestern..On my quiche kick last week I used shrimp, and ground turkey..I got bored at the end of the week..Also, I try to plan meals as you all do..I have been doing that since last year so that has sparked my creativity..I will be going chicken breast shopping tomorrow so I have planned my week of chicken in advance with all of the wonderful recipes that I have uncovered on this site..Looking forward to it
Mar-Thanks young lady..I don't remember being in the 140's..Probably in High School..I am looking forward to it..I am at 150 so I hope it comes by the end of the week! Bacon was raised in this post yesterday and today..I eat Jenni O's Extra Lean Turkey with 1.5g of fat..I don't eat pork so I guess I don't really look at it has fat laden..In fact, putting a couple of slices in the microwave and putting it in ziplock in the morning before heading off to work has saved me money and calories since it is only 20 calories per slice (Sort of like beef jerky)..It is also lower in sodium so a win win!!
Well,have a good day everyone and in a little while, we will all accomplish this one of many goals in life...You know if you think about it, all of us have many goals in life pertaining to a plethora of things..Once you reach it, you don't want to give it back..Whether it be career, house, children, etc..You don't want to give those accomplishments back..Let's strive to have that as a focus on weight loss..After attaining your goal, don't give it back this time..Maintain and treat it like your career..I would never give my career back, I worked hard for it..I would not want to put weight back on, I worked hard to get to where I am right now and where I'm headed..Let's all keep that in mind, this time, right now..Take care everyone and have a pleasant day
Old 03-29-2011, 08:49 AM   #1588
Senior LCF Member

WoW, there are several newbies here, including yours truely. Is that cool. I hope even more come out from the lurking and into the light! I am trying to get some of my girlfriends to join in on Stillmans, but they seem to waver around and do nothing. I'm hoping as they see my progress they will deside to give it a go. If they read how good all of you have done and see the support we have it can't help but be impressive.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:58 AM   #1589
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
WoW, there are several newbies here, including yours truely. Is that cool. I hope even more come out from the lurking and into the light! I am trying to get some of my girlfriends to join in on Stillmans, but they seem to waver around and do nothing. I'm hoping as they see my progress they will deside to give it a go. If they read how good all of you have done and see the support we have it can't help but be impressive.
I have been trying to get my best friend to join too! Now that I have lost 25 pounds she wants to try it too, so just be patient.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:16 PM   #1590
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I have been trying to get my best friend to join too! Now that I have lost 25 pounds she wants to try it too, so just be patient.
25lbs yee haa, Oh I can't wait to loss 25lbs.:kicking