Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 05:37 AM   #1531
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cat430
Stats: 5'3ish 160/147.2/110
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart March 14 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyone View Post
What exercise program is it?
I ordered Chalene Johnson's TurboFire. I start today...wish me luck it will be hard but the results will be worth it.
Cat430 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2011, 05:37 AM   #1532
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Lets see..what else? I had mentioned earlier in the month that I would be out of the 130s by April 1. Judging by my results, I guess I should be happy with another 2 pounds this week. At least its consistent... I wonder why there is a differnece between QWL results when you are heavier than when you arent as heavy.....Stillman doesnt say anything about that. He still promises those 5 pounds a week.
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:41 AM   #1533
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Tracey!!! just when you mention how positive we all are, I have to go an ruin it by complaining.. Sorry!! That is so cool that you will have a stocked up fridge!!! You are doing so well!! Speaking of crispy bits- I cant get enough. I burn that turkey up to a crisp and love every bite! (and then some) lol
Old 03-28-2011, 05:41 AM   #1534
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracyann71
Stats: 166/102/99
WOE: vlc
I sometimes feel a little nauseous, I am not sure if it has something to do with Stilmans and all the protein although I don't think I overdo the protein at all. I have just enough to feel satiated. It is just occasionally after I have finished eating and I might be sipping on some water or drinking a sugar free soda. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this it is not very bad just a mild nausea. Just wondering?
tracyann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:42 AM   #1535
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat430 View Post
I ordered Chalene Johnson's TurboFire. I start today...wish me luck it will be hard but the results will be worth it.
Enjoy it... Nothing like ordering a chosen exercise programme to keep you motivated.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:45 AM   #1536
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Wow. You exercisers you! Awesome Cat. You got a plan, you will stick to it! Let us know how it is!! I cant wait for you to take your after pics!!! You wont even recognise yourself!!!

Isnt it tough to exercise when on QWL? I dont know how you girls do it. I wish I wasnt so darn lazy... Im looking at my Kinect and thinking...nah....

So go Cat GO!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 05:47 AM   #1537
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Lets see..what else? I had mentioned earlier in the month that I would be out of the 130s by April 1. Judging by my results, I guess I should be happy with another 2 pounds this week. At least its consistent... I wonder why there is a differnece between QWL results when you are heavier than when you arent as heavy.....Stillman doesnt say anything about that. He still promises those 5 pounds a week.
Hi Aleriaaa

I think it is natural for weight loss to slow down as you get lighter, even if the Dr did say we should lose 5lb a week. Your results are looking good and it is much better to lose slightly slower anyway blah,blah,blah No seriously I know we all just want to get there (that is natural) but really the slower it comes off the easier you can maintain this weight
Old 03-28-2011, 05:49 AM   #1538
Blabbermouth!!!

I usually only feel a nausea the first few days I switch to all meat, and then after that, Im good to go! If it continues on, I would suggest changing some things.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:49 AM   #1539
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cat430
Stats: 5'3ish 160/147.2/110
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart March 14 2011
Morning All! Starting today with a new attitude.
Reviewed my new exercise program and am soooo excited to get my first workout done tonight. Hopefully I am feeling up to it.
The anti-biotics they put me on for my sinus infection are leaving me feeling quite yuck...so not sure how much food I will get in today. All I have had is some tea to settle my stomach and not sure if I will get any lunch in, probably just dinner. Doing steak and eggs, YUM!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Cat430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:52 AM   #1540
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyann71 View Post
Hi Aleriaaa

I think it is natural for weight loss to slow down as you get lighter, even if the Dr did say we should lose 5lb a week. Your results are looking good and it is much better to lose slightly slower anyway blah,blah,blah No seriously I know we all just want to get there (that is natural) but really the slower it comes off the easier you can maintain this weight
Oh thank you dear tracey!!! I kinda new it, but it means a lot to hear you say it! I think my losses were slower a this weight last time too, but I blamed it on all the fat I was eating. (loads of fatty meat) Now Im being so strict and was really expecting a miracle! No biggie though. Summers not hear yet for met!!! (and you are going into winter, right)
Old 03-28-2011, 05:55 AM   #1541
Blabbermouth!!!

mmmmmm. steak and eggs... I'll say it again! Go CAT GO!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 06:24 AM   #1542
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Calories That Don't Count
1. FOOD ON FOOT. All food eaten while standing has no calories. Exactly why is not clear but the current theory relates to gravity. The calories apparently bypass the stomach, flowing directly down the legs and through the soles of the feet into the floor, like electricity. Walking appears to accelerate this process, so that an ice cream bar or hot dog eaten at the state fair actually has a calorie deficit.
2. TV FOOD. Anything eaten in front of the TV has no calories. This may have something to do with radiation leakage, which negates not only the calories in the food, but all recollections of having eaten it.
3. UNEVEN EDGES. Pies and cakes should be cut neatly in even wedges or slices. If not, the responsibility falls on the person putting them away to "straighten up the edges" by slicing away the offending irregularities, which have no calories when eaten.
4. BALANCE FOOD. If you drink a diet soda with a candy bar, they cancel each other out.
5. LEFT-HANDED FOOD. If you have a glass of punch in your right hand, anything eaten with the other hand has no calories. Several principles are at work here. first of all, you're probably standing up at a wedding reception (see FOOD ON FOOT). Then there's the electronic field. A wet glass in one hand forms a negative charge to reverse the polarity of the calories attracted to the other hand. It's not quite known how it works, but it's reversible if you're left handed.
6. FOOD FOR MEDICINAL PURPOSES. Food used for medicinal purposes never counts. This includes hot chocolate, malted milk, toast and Sara Lee cheesecake.
7. WHIPPED CREAM, SOUR CREAM, BUTTER. These all act as a poultice that actually "draws out" the calories when placed on any food, leaving them calorie-free. Afterward, you can eat the poultice, too, as all calories are neutralized by it.
8. FOOD ON TOOTHPICKS. Sausage, mini-franks, cheese and crackers are all fattening unless impaled on frilled toothpicks. The insertion of a sharp object allows the calories to leak out the bottom.
9. CHILDREN'S FOOD. Anything produced, purchased or intended for minors is calorie-free when eaten by adults. This category covers a wide range beginning with a spoonful of baby-food custard, consumed for demonstration purposes, up to and including cookies baked to send to college.
10. CHARITABLE FOODS. Girl Scout Cookies, bake-sale cakes, ice cream socials and church strawberry festivals all have religious dispensation from calories.
11. CUSTOM-MADE FOOD. Anything somebody makes "just for you" must be eaten regardless of calories because to do otherwise would be uncaring and insensitive. Our kind intentions will not go unrewarded.

Just in case you were wondering. . .
Old 03-28-2011, 07:35 AM   #1543
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Morning Everyone!!!!

CC- funny stuff, and scary stuff!! Guess I wont mind the $75.00 I spend today filling the suv!! I say 75 because its actually the limit for the station! I have to use two transactions if I really wanted to top it off.

So glad the party went well. You are right about Chuckys being Las Vegas for kids! I actually use the tokens as rewards for the kids and they put them in the piggy banks. It means more to them, at this age, than a quarter.
I hate that at the pump-BFs truck is a thirty gallon so I have to double swipe, too.
Quote:
I so need to go food shopping. heading to the warehouse (BJs) and gonna pick up a few bags of frozen chicken. I usually buy fresh but Im too lazy to do all the rewrapping for the freezer. Also going to pick up pounds and pounds of ground turkey! I realize its so satisfying becasue it had just the tiniest bit of fat. that 7% makes all the difference taste wise.

So, I had my chicken breast last night (and 1.21 lb of ground turkey) and my daughter asked for a pickle for snack. (thats my little girl. would pick a pickle over ice cream) Anyway... I dont know what came over me but I could smell the pickle juice and I dumped it all over my chicken. YUM! I refrained from drinking out of the jar, but it was almost irresistable. So, I either cheated, or Im counting it as my condiment!!!! Horray for pickle juice! Try it on your next salad peeps!
as they say in New Orleans (vouch for me here, BBP) 'It's dah vinegah!'
Quote:
Morning All! Starting today with a new attitude.
Reviewed my new exercise program and am soooo excited to get my first workout done tonight. Hopefully I am feeling up to it.
The anti-biotics they put me on for my sinus infection are leaving me feeling quite yuck...so not sure how much food I will get in today. All I have had is some tea to settle my stomach and not sure if I will get any lunch in, probably just dinner. Doing steak and eggs, YUM!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Cat try some yogurt to counteract the antibiotics.

IM2 FUNNY! calories leak out of food pierced by sharp objects LOL
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:59 AM   #1544
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anniebell
Stats: 183.2/172/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: March 2011
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks. I started Stillmans mid-march and lost about 7 pounds. I haven't been very strict and then Saturday I went to a party and well let's just say Saturday night and Sunday were not exactly on plan. :blush: I'm not sure what the damage was bc I was running late today and didn't weigh in. I do better with support and accountability so I knew I should start posting. You all have a great group, so supportive! I'm excited to get to know everyone.

(I post from my phone during the week so apologies in advance for any typos or weird autocorrects).

Annie
anniebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:10 AM   #1545
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CoCo
Stats: Ex: 175/157/135
Start Date: June 11th 2012
Hi Cylone, thanks for the welcome and for your menue. Babybell light cheese, we can have them? That was one of my questions, what cheese can we have, I don't want to screw up and get the wrong type of cheese. You are such an encouragement. Losing 60lbs, you make me feel like there is hope for me!
CoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:21 AM   #1546
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for all the welcomes and for listing what you are eating. It really helps. I have a question, how long can I stay on QWL, reading back it is in thread it is confusing on this issue. Is it 2 wks or longer? I have ordered the Dr books, but there not here yet.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:29 AM   #1547
Senior LCF Member

Can we have laughing cow light cheese?
Old 03-28-2011, 09:25 AM   #1548
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
Happy Monday!

Okay - so I did have veggies (via salad) this weekend. Darn it! I was trying to just have meat only but I ate my salad on Saturday and Sunday. I just don't like the weird looks and comments I get from people who watch what I eat Since both times were social occasions.

Anyways.....Back to meat, eggs, ff cottage cheese and waters!!!

I am up 1.4 from the veggies - so I am hoping today to flush that with lots of water.

As Mar922 says - I guess it was better than having ice cream.

It's crazy that veggies can add pounds. Even the lowest carb ones!
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #1549
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome to all you NEWBIES

You will love the results from Stillmans and the key to my success and many others is that we log in here and check the board frequently!

It helps so much to have a support system!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:27 AM   #1550
Major LCF Poster!

AL - YAY!!! You've lost even more weight and you had a fun weekend!!!

Oh to have your will power and determination. Maybe when I grow up
Old 03-28-2011, 09:28 AM   #1551
Major LCF Poster!

CoCo - I would stay away from the Laughing Cow cheese at least for the first few weeks. Then, you could try adding it in and see if it slows you down.

I just can't seem to do cheese and still lose But YMMV!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #1552
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 199/192/160 5'5.5"
Start Date: :::again::: December 26, 2013
I'm with MS on the cheese... It might be ok for maintenence or maybe slow weight loss. It seemed to help me stay bouncing around the same number for weeks. That may be mainly because I have serious contol issues with it. It's very hard for me to stop.

Back in January I hit 149 for ONE day... Then started bouncing back up. I'm on my second week of meat and eggs. I will have coffe with a little cream or H&H for breakfast and then eat 4 boiled eggs for lunch... And steak or chicken for supper. Sometimes I may switch that around.

This is serving me well... I'm going to stick with it as long as I'm losing. I'll tweak aroun when I stop losing.

Typing on my phone... Please excuse the typos!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #1553
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo View Post
, how long can I stay on QWL, reading back it is in thread it is confusing on this issue. Is it 2 wks or longer?
Dr says its safe to stay on til you reach goal!! I like to say give it 2 strict weeks because you will be blown away by the results, and very eager at that point to keep on going!!!!

I lasted 9 months on meat without a single veggie and I live to tell about it!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:50 AM   #1554
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Annie!!! So happy you decided to join in the fun!!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:54 AM   #1555
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
AL - YAY!!! You've lost even more weight and you had a fun weekend!!!

Oh to have your will power and determination. Maybe when I grow up
thanks!!! You'll still do awesome eating meat through the week and a salad at social hour!!! Wish I had a social life... the few people I do get out with know how I am with dieting, so if they are giving me weird looks, I dont even notice it! or care.. Im sure if i were at a business meeting, I may think differently...
Old 03-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #1556
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I hit 149 for ONE day... Then started bouncing back up. I'm on my second week of meat and eggs. I will have coffe with a little cream or H&H for breakfast and then eat 4 boiled eggs for lunch... And steak or chicken for supper. Sometimes I may switch that around.
You'll you'll hit it again, sooner than you think!!! Go Becky Go!!!

ps- I cant wait to start eating ribeyes again......
Old 03-28-2011, 10:58 AM   #1557
Blabbermouth!!!

It may seem like Im ignoring the cheese questions, but I dont eat it on QWL. I have in my head that I will lose this darn weight faster without it. and then theres the portion problem, but thats a whole nother story.. lol
Old 03-28-2011, 11:16 AM   #1558
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
Hello!

So my "veggie cheat" didn't do anything to me I am still at 150 I can't seem to get lower than that these last couple weeks but I haven't been super strict on weekends either.

I have a coffession to make I am a Penut Butter addict and I often eat a spoonful (of 3) of Peunut butter most nights. So as of today less Peanut Butter if I just stop cold turkey I might go through withdrawl and thats bad!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:32 AM   #1559
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Hello!

So my "veggie cheat" didn't do anything to me I am still at 150 I can't seem to get lower than that these last couple weeks but I haven't been super strict on weekends either.

I have a coffession to make I am a Penut Butter addict and I often eat a spoonful (of 3) of Peunut butter most nights. So as of today less Peanut Butter if I just stop cold turkey I might go through withdrawl and thats bad!
Now dontcha feel better after getting that out! I always feel the need to confess here. You girlies are sooooo understanding!!

But , like with my wine, any bite off plan can set us back a week- per the good ole doctor himself.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:33 AM   #1560
Blabbermouth!!!

BTW IM2- That was the most brilliant article on Calories I have ever read!!! Good find!!!