Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 06:22 AM   #1441
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Yay on the loss, Becky!! You'll be in that suit in no time!!......and i sooo know what you mean!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2011, 06:23 AM   #1442
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
AL, if u find a karaoke machine, I think that calls for a video on YouTube! I think that would motivate and inspire us all!!!
Oh yeah!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:24 AM   #1443
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
Well I was down .4 today - putting me at 148.4 - I know little digits make me happy so I have to share!

)
yup! They all add up----to make big digits!!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:40 AM   #1444
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Dunno about the headache-probably not drinking enough. Feeling freezing-welcome to my world! Seriously, i sit with my back against the radiator at work and at home I'm like the Michelin woman! And most days I sit with a hot-water bottle on my back! I feel for you, I do, it's awful! It's because (so i keep reading and hearing) you're losing weight and not eating enough. Just think we have to put up with it. It sucks!
never this bad tho.......
Quote:
Now ya know why I'm always drinking tea!!
aha!
Quote:
Are you still stalled at 171, CC? That's a long time. Good on ya for not giving up. Or are you not weighing, can't remember!
both LMAO seriously my scale is buried in the living room by all nthe stuff in the laundry room that had to be moved for the flooding. Tummy's still flat and just bought another pair of Lauren jeans sz 8 last Saturday.
Trying to eat up the last bits of veg and cheese in the house so I can go stricter.
Quote:
AL, if u find a karaoke machine, I think that calls for a video on YouTube! I think that would motivate and inspire us all!!!

[QUOTE=msgirl;14499431]Sorry I missed this...I get so cold too - thus my love of hot tea/coffee. I have several decaf boxes in my pantry for when I need the heat but not the caffeine.
[QUOTE]

so that's why I couldn't get to sleep til midnight!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:41 AM   #1445
Big Yapper!!!!

Was sorting out clothes this morning. Putting away some Winter ones-I think Spring is finally here to stay with no more snow interruptions! Yay!! I took out lasts years Summer clothes-not exactely time for them yet though!! Anyway, everything has got too big. I'm not kidding. I can barely hold the skirts up. Stuff that should sit on the waist-are way down on my hips. And tops that were fitted are just loose and hanging. And everything I own are size4s.(i threw out everything that was bigger!) I really don't get it. I mean I weigh probably only max 10lbs less, and I mean max. And I have barely lost any inches according to my tape measure-like on the hips and waist I reckon 3max. It's just so weird. I mean i know I was never good at Maths but numbers on a tape measure??!! I mean come on!!!
I guess it's what we keep saying-you really do lose 'better' on Stills!! (i love that man!)So I guess, even though I don't see it, I'm still losing inches!!! Weird, non-tape ones!!!
It's a really strange feeling that those clothes are too big. I don't see myself anywhere near that small. Nor do i really think I've got thinner since last year. Another excuse to go shopping though!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 03-24-2011, 06:45 AM   #1446
Big Yapper!!!!

CC, i don't really go by the scale either! Keep it burried!!!! Mine is in the cellar-or else I would be on it everyday! Keep on plan and just watch those sizes go down, down, down!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:50 AM   #1447
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

okay I found the scale, and after eating a two egg omelette with the last of the spinach and feta plus three cups of coffee, I think I can safely say 169.

huzzah!

Last edited by CCGirl; 03-24-2011 at 07:01 AM..
Old 03-24-2011, 07:00 AM   #1448
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Was sorting out clothes this morning. Putting away some Winter ones-I think Spring is finally here to stay with no more snow interruptions! Yay!!

I took out last years Summer clothes-not exactely time for them yet though!! Anyway, everything has got too big. I'm not kidding. I can barely hold the skirts up. Stuff that should sit on the waist-are way down on my hips. And tops that were fitted are just loose and hanging. And everything I own are size4s.(i threw out everything that was bigger!)
I really don't get it. I mean I weigh probably only max 10lbs less, and I mean max. And I have barely lost any inches according to my tape measure-like on the hips and waist I reckon 3max. It's just so weird. I mean i know I was never good at Maths but numbers on a tape measure??!! I mean come on!!!
I guess it's what we keep saying-you really do lose 'better' on Stills!! (i love that man!)So I guess, even though I don't see it, I'm still losing inches!!! Weird, non-tape ones!!!
It's a really strange feeling that those clothes are too big. I don't see myself anywhere near that small. Nor do i really think I've got thinner since last year. Another excuse to go shopping though!
gosh GT I'm sure when you think people are looking if you're eating it's prob cuz they are amazed that you actually eat! (remembering those legs)

I WISH spring would show up but we'll be a balmy 39F then struggling to make it above freezing for at least the next week.

washing tops in superhot water to shrink them........I've weeded out the unposh stuff as Mom has been sending me her wardrobe over the course of the last six months.....I now look to Catherine for inspiration instead of my soap stars I finally figured out looking posh does not mean looking old.
I will keep some of my fave junior label stuff like Guess and Fang and Lucky, but the cheap stuff will be getting donated unless I can't part with it.

And sweatpants! How many do we really need, honestly? And wearing them in public? Unless you just came from the track or gym it's sooooo 1999 Sopranos...........unfortunately the good housewives downstate haven't caught on...

okay we're up to 26 so I'll run (not really) out and let the horsies out, BBL
Old 03-24-2011, 07:07 AM   #1449
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
okay I found the scale, and after eating a two egg omelette with the last of the spinach and feta plus three cups of coffee, I think I can safely say 169.

huzzah!
Which if ya'v already eaten--is really 168-thems the rules according to GT!!
No, seriously yay on the loss!!! change those stats!!
Old 03-24-2011, 07:18 AM   #1450
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
gosh GT I'm sure when you think people are looking if you're eating it's prob cuz they are amazed that you actually eat!
Ha!I nearly spewed my tea!! No, i look at people and think that!
With ya on the sweatpants-not for public viewings!!!
Don't you think tho that Kate-or yes Catherine as she's to be called now!-dresses really old for her age??? I mean she's in her 20s. There's not a fun bit of clothing everywhere! I know it's classic-but for that I read old!! But then i wear teenagers' clothes sometimes!-well i'm not that embarrassed-just when I'mactually buying them!! Wearing a top right now that's for 14yr olds! I'll stop when I'm 30!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 08:31 AM   #1451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
I am on the west coast, just blocks from the beach... radiation is showing on zmag pretty heavy over here. Specifically xenon... which there are no known side affects, except that pulmonologists are cautioned to contain it well during administration for lung testing. I have not been low carb for days. If I am going to die early, I figure I will enjoy my last days. I haven't gained too much weight. Still under 150 which is fine for me. Am detoxing with diatomaceous earth, fulvic acid, infrared sauna and chollera... these are things I just happened to have and can use since I am broke. It isn't pretty. I have a bit of kidney pain this morning, most likely due to uranium... So I have to get back to low carb, which is recommended for radiation anyway. Did you know that?
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:32 AM   #1452
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
CC congrats on that weight loss since I have last been on the board... Good work!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:56 AM   #1453
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Which if ya'v already eaten--is really 168-thems the rules according to GT!!
No, seriously yay on the loss!!! change those stats!!
maybe, I really just did the math for the scale being 6 lb over (old dial type) and the two pouinds for the heavy denim jeans and clothes.....I got up to around 174-175 over the hols so I indeed am happy.

But my BFF will be green on Sunday when we host her daughter's bday at ChuckECheez cos I will look good LOL....my idea (I'm splitting with her)
Her house is too small for the party now, the kids want to wrassle and run, tough to do in a 14X20 living room with a dozen adults.
Quote:
Ha!I nearly spewed my tea!! No, i look at people and think that!
With ya on the sweatpants-not for public viewings!!!
Don't you think tho that Kate-or yes Catherine as she's to be called now!-dresses really old for her age??? I mean she's in her 20s. There's not a fun bit of clothing everywhere! I know it's classic-but for that I read old!! But then i wear teenagers' clothes sometimes!-well i'm not that embarrassed-just when I'mactually buying them!! Wearing a top right now that's for 14yr olds! I'll stop when I'm 30!!!
I'm not trying to insult (I'm glad you laughed) tying to say this gently-but I would be thinking about ppl thinking I was ano not a former overweight, and then gloating cos they're jealous of my thin thighs and tight bootay.

I felt that way, too, when I was a twenty, now I have realised what my Mum has been trying to tell me.....you don't look old, just posh.
We still have our fun clothes but those are for girls day in/out or Sundays louging about at the estate (farm) or villa (flat)....
as long as the top for the tween is from Burberrys you're fine (joking.....remember my stash of HK and Tink tops here)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
CC congrats on that weight loss since I have last been on the board... Good work!
welcome baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

it wasn' work, trust me........it's just normal eating now. That's the best part!

oooh my 't' key is sticking, time for a blast of canned air BBL

Last edited by CCGirl; 03-24-2011 at 09:03 AM..
Old 03-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #1454
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

mmmmmmmmmm.........just in
you can sign up for recipes at Pillsbury.com

Greek Chicken with Yogurt Sauce

INGREDIENTS Sauce
1medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
1/4cup plain yogurt
1/4cup sour cream just use yogurt
2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2teaspoons lemon juice
1/4teaspoon ground cumin

Chicken
4boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
1/4teaspoon salt we omit of course
1/4teaspoon ground cinnamon
2teaspoons vegetable oil
2tablespoons water
Fresh parsley, if desired
DIRECTIONS
In medium bowl, mix all sauce ingredients. Cover; refrigerate until serving time. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and cinnamon. In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown. Reduce heat to low; add water. Cover; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (165°F). Serve chicken with yogurt sauce. Garnish with parsley..To easily seed the cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and run a small spoon down each half to remove seeds.
Try Greek plain yogurt in place of the regular yogurt; the sauce will be a bit thicker.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #1455
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/193/160 5'5.5"
A parent from school gives me eggs from her farm...

I just boiled a dozen and ate four...they were still nice and warm...quite a treat!! That's all I plan to eat until about 5ish this evening...

CC!! I'm so happy for your loss!! Way to Go!!!
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:33 AM   #1456
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
a former overweight
ya know who you sound like??????? Dr. Maxwell Stillman!!!!
And i would never gloat-it's not in my nature! I've nothing to gloat about! Seriously I'm the most self-critical (body wise) person I know---apart from Al---she does come a close second, gotta say!!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #1457
Big Yapper!!!!

Speaking of-----------are ya sleeping off you hangover???!!
Old 03-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #1458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

I just boiled a dozen and ate four...they were still nice and warm...quite a treat!! That's all I plan to eat until about 5ish this evening...

CC!! I'm so happy for your loss!! Way to Go!!!
O thanks Becks I am not as much as happy for the loss but moreso for sticking it out and waiting patiently.

It would have been sooooo easy to say screw it, I'm not losing so give me the bread and potatoes.

Knowing what I do now has really changed me........there is no going back.

And I'm no saint, either.......a bite of hot buttered toast when bringing himself's supper in, a crazy moment of SF ice cream, but they were just moments. Not days.

And I feel for me that's the key. Meat, fat, vegs are maintenance. Watch your waistline.

Don't lie to yourself for months telling yourself 'Ugh, (jump, leg kick) at least I still fit into these (grunt, pull, belt loop rips) and then the final look in the mirror where the muffin top is a 31 series mud boggin truck tire and all you do is want to scream and cry.........I was there for awhile and I do NOT have a round trip flight.

Quote:
ya know who you sound like??????? Dr. Maxwell Stillman!!!!
And i would never gloat-it's not in my nature! I've nothing to gloat about! Seriously I'm the most self-critical (body wise) person I know---apart from Al---she does come a close second, gotta say!!
dam girl if I had that butt I would seriously be wearing the most unposh things oh but tights and ankle boots and a skirt oh yes! and bring on the jealous stares when the boyfriends stare crap I was always like that anyway. Nothing revealing just classy and fabulous. Wondering if I should dumb it down for the kid party and wear baggies (oops, don't have any) and sneakers. I hate to look better than my BFF but she thinks camo at the Army Navy store is fashion. It seriously took me ten years to get her to wear a Coach.

Quote:
Speaking of-----------are ya sleeping off you hangover???!!
Earth to Al, did ya run outta aspirin? How was the date.

heck maybe it went so well they're still in the sack.....a dirty weeknight!

hey speaking of Coach where is Squishy? Loved us and left again?
and
BBP
Yam Glam
Sharon
and the rest Gwyn Mim, the list goes on and on.....?
Old 03-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #1459
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/193/160 5'5.5"
Four boiled eggs and a T-Bone steak...
That's what I've had today with 2 cups of coffee. One cup with 2tsp. cream and the other with two "mini-moos" half and half. (10 calories each) Oh yeah, Davinci's 2-3 tsp SF syrup with each cup of coffee.

Now, what about SF gum?? Do you all chew it? I've been quite reliant on it...maybe up to 4 - 6 pieces throughout the day. Do you think that can hinder?? I love tridents Layers...but I might should cut down... the package says 2 carbs each.
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #1460
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

never did gum, no info here.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:24 PM   #1461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

EU girls nitey nite

Al oks check in or I will start calling ER's........kidding :wink:

watching cooking channel.......dam basketball YAWN booooooooooring!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #1462
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wish lamb was cheap.........mummy grinds her own

Print Recipe .
Latin-Spiced Lamb Burgers
Recipe courtesy Michael Sohocki at The Cove in San Antonio, TX

.Prep Time:30 minInactive Prep Time:--Cook Time:15 minLevel:
--Serves:
6 servings.Ingredients
Patties:
•1 1/2 teaspoons whole black pepper
•1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds
•1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
•1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons cayenne powder
•2 cloves minced fresh garlic
•Salt
•2 pounds grass-fed ground lamb (antibiotic free, hormone free)
Directions
Toast pepper, coriander and cumin together in a dry pan until they crackle and pop (shake pan constantly). Their color should be light brown, and spices should smell like toast, popcorn, smoky, etc. Pour them straight into a coffee grinder and blend the seeds to a fine powder. Mix all spices, garlic and salt well into the lamb. Form into 6 even patties.

Sauce:
•About 1/3 cup dried ancho chiles, caps removed and seeded
•About 1/3 cup dried pulla, caps removed and seeded
•About 1/3 cup dried pasilla, caps removed and seeded
•1 cup water
•1 tablespoon sour cream
•1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
•1 small clove garlic, chopped
•2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
•1/2 tablespoon salt
•Cream (just enough to thin mixture to a saucy consistency)
After weighing, rip the dried peppers open to shake out the seeds (a few seeds left in is ok). Throw the peppers in a saucepan with the water, and boil over medium heat until only 1/4 cup of liquid remains at the bottom. Add the peppers (with cooking liquid), sour cream, oil, garlic and lime to the blender, and blend it until very smooth. Add salt and blend again. Add cream and pulse a few times just to incorporate and get a saucy, squirtable consistency.

Sandwiches:
•6 ciabatta buns, about 6 by 4-inches
•3 ounces Cotija cheese
•Red onion, sliced
•Tomato, sliced
•Lettuce or spring green mix
Grill the lamb patties and the ciabatta until nice, dark grill marks are everywhere (lamb is at its juiciest around medium rare). Put about 1 teaspoon of sauce on each side of the bun. Slice the patties in half to lay lengthwise on the bread, and crumble Cotija cheese on top. Dress with plenty of juicy tomato slices, onion and lettuce. Cut sandwich lengthwise (along the seam of the lamb patty) and plate with cross-section facing outward.

.Printed from FoodNetwork.com on Thu Mar 24 2011
© 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All Rights Reserved
Advertisement will not be printed

nix on the bread but what a great idea

gawd I do love animals

Last edited by CCGirl; 03-24-2011 at 06:28 PM..
Old 03-24-2011, 06:49 PM   #1463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

okay when y;all catch up tomorrow be it known that I am the Queen of the chick flix

my fav scene from Charlies Angels Full Throttle is on HBO

the one where they are dancers at the Treasure Chest

I freakin' love this movie.........so much that I accidentally bought two of the DVDs

g'nite y'all

Old 03-25-2011, 02:51 AM   #1464
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracyann71
Stats: 166/102/99
WOE: vlc
Quote:
Was sorting out clothes this morning. Putting away some Winter ones-I think Spring is finally here to stay with no more snow interruptions! Yay!! I took out lasts years Summer clothes-not exactely time for them yet though!! Anyway, everything has got too big. I'm not kidding. I can barely hold the skirts up. Stuff that should sit on the waist-are way down on my hips. And tops that were fitted are just loose and hanging. And everything I own are size4s.(i threw out everything that was bigger!) I really don't get it. I mean I weigh probably only max 10lbs less, and I mean max. And I have barely lost any inches according to my tape measure-like on the hips and waist I reckon 3max. It's just so weird. I mean i know I was never good at Maths but numbers on a tape measure??!! I mean come on!!!
Yipppeee, It is time to go shopping and reward yourself.... Nothing like retail therapy. I almost enjoy it as much as food...
tracyann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:55 AM   #1465
Senior LCF Member

CCGirl thanks for the recipes. I want to try that lamb spiced one. Sounds Great. I love spicy food and I am always looking for some inspirational recipes which are low carb. I wonder if they will work with ground beef instead of lamb (our ground beef here is less fatty than the lamb) You can also send me one of those dvd's if ya want I also love that movie!!! lol.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:00 AM   #1466
Senior LCF Member

I gotta get this stilmans qwl plan on track. I know this works and I just want to lose a few pounds to get me looking great before our winter comes around (boo hoo I hate winter but I am promising myself lots of divine boots and jackets, looking spiffy is my thing) I am just craving fat at the moment it is so frustrating, those spare ribs are just shouting at me and I find it so tempting..... just one crispy piece and I am done... (I wish someone could just knock some sense into me)
Old 03-25-2011, 07:16 AM   #1467
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
I am on the west coast, just blocks from the beach... radiation is showing on zmag pretty heavy over here. Specifically xenon... which there are no known side affects, except that pulmonologists are cautioned to contain it well during administration for lung testing. I have not been low carb for days. If I am going to die early, I figure I will enjoy my last days. I haven't gained too much weight. Still under 150 which is fine for me. Am detoxing with diatomaceous earth, fulvic acid, infrared sauna and chollera... these are things I just happened to have and can use since I am broke. It isn't pretty. I have a bit of kidney pain this morning, most likely due to uranium... So I have to get back to low carb, which is recommended for radiation anyway. Did you know that?
Anything - I am so sorry you are suffering so!
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:17 AM   #1468
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Yum!!! I enjoy my boiled egg whites. I occasionally will eat the yolk but I try to stick with the white.

I think I had 7 yesterday - all before 3:00!!!!!:blush::blush::blush:
Old 03-25-2011, 07:18 AM   #1469
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

huzzah!
Wohooo!!!

I am celebrating with you!!!
Old 03-25-2011, 07:19 AM   #1470
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
mmmmmmmmmm.........just in
you can sign up for recipes at Pillsbury.com

Greek Chicken with Yogurt Sauce

INGREDIENTS Sauce
1medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
1/4cup plain yogurt
1/4cup sour cream just use yogurt
2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2teaspoons lemon juice
1/4teaspoon ground cumin

Chicken
4boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
1/4teaspoon salt we omit of course
1/4teaspoon ground cinnamon
2teaspoons vegetable oil
2tablespoons water
Fresh parsley, if desired
DIRECTIONS
In medium bowl, mix all sauce ingredients. Cover; refrigerate until serving time. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and cinnamon. In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown. Reduce heat to low; add water. Cover; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (165°F). Serve chicken with yogurt sauce. Garnish with parsley..To easily seed the cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and run a small spoon down each half to remove seeds.
Try Greek plain yogurt in place of the regular yogurt; the sauce will be a bit thicker.
YUM!!! I may have to try this one! thanks for sharing!