Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #781
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateL110 View Post
Yeah, I think the fast weight loss gets people hooked and by the time it evens out to 1-2 lbs a week it doesnt bother them cause they feel soooooo good! haha
Yeah def! And I know I keep saying it but I do believe you lose 'better' on a low-carb/enough protein diet than on a low-fat one, which essentially becomes a high-sugar one!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2011, 12:15 PM   #782
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KateL110
Stats: 140/129/115
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Now if I only had the hips of a 12yr old!!!!
Oh Yeah!! Im with you on that one!
Quote:
Yeah def! And I know I keep saying it but I do believe you lose 'better' on a low-carb/enough protein diet than on a low-fat one, which essentially becomes a high-sugar one!
I completely agree...any other way of eating besides Stillman's, makes me think its ok to have just a little bit of something like ice cream.... and its all down hill from there!
KateL110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:19 PM   #783
Big Yapper!!!!

That too!! But I meant you get smaller quicker, that a 10lb loss on lc looks better than 10lbs on a high-carb one--if that makes sense!!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 12:21 PM   #784
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeah people think something as strict as Stillman must be really hard to do-you cut out practically everything! But honestly I dunno how pple do WW, little bits of everything, Stills-if it aint on the list, ya can't have, that's it!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #785
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That too!! But I meant you get smaller quicker, that a 10lb loss on lc looks better than 10lbs on a high-carb one--if that makes sense!!!!
Ohhhhhh, Yah you are so right on that too cause people Ive seen lose weight on a high carb diet dont look like its as much. I think that might have something to do with a lot of the water that is lost as well when low carbing. Yay for us!
Old 03-15-2011, 12:26 PM   #786
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yeah people think something as strict as Stillman must be really hard to do-you cut out practically everything! But honestly I dunno how pple do WW, little bits of everything, Stills-if it aint on the list, ya can't have, that's it!!!
OMW. I know... I was at walgreens in the gum isle and right nxt to the candy and on the shelf is WW candy hahah like 2 or 3 points or somethin but I know if I had the candy Id want, and eat way more than one serving!
Old 03-15-2011, 12:45 PM   #787
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
I was doing WW when I started losing weight in January I lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks, when I was being healthy but tghen I discovered I could save all my points and eat chips for dinner haha and that was the end of WW for me, I ned something I can be healthy on not something I can try and find ways to work around the plan. stillmans is easy if its not on the list I can't have it
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:56 PM   #788
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Ohhhhhh, Yah you are so right on that too cause people Ive seen lose weight on a high carb diet dont look like its as much. I think that might have something to do with a lot of the water that is lost as well when low carbing. Yay for us!
Ya Stillies is the best!! Also we keep our muscles cos of the protein!!
Old 03-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #789
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
OMW. I know... I was at walgreens in the gum isle and right nxt to the candy and on the shelf is WW candy hahah like 2 or 3 points or somethin but I know if I had the candy Id want, and eat way more than one serving!
Oh yeah me too! I have noooooo control when it comes to choc-one square a day???? Not likely!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 12:59 PM   #790
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I was doing WW when I started losing weight in January I lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks, when I was being healthy but tghen I discovered I could save all my points and eat chips for dinner haha and that was the end of WW for me, I ned something I can be healthy on not something I can try and find ways to work around the plan. stillmans is easy if its not on the list I can't have it
Congrats on the 8lbs in 2 weeks! Ya I gotta say, I would try to find all the loop holes in every diet plan so that I could have all my fav. goodies... in the end it defeated the purpose of the diet lol
Old 03-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #791
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Yeah I'd do that too!! technically I could eat 3 Mars bars a day or something and still be under 1500 cals!!
I really don't like the idea of WW-I mean I get it works for a lot of people, and I get it's concept of everything in moderation--but I don't thonk they go far enough on the health-they promote ready-meals etc., it doesn't seem to matter where the cals come from, as long as they're in your limit.
I know that is beginning to change though. And BTW I don't agree with all the Atkins-type products either! I do think lean and clean eating is the way to lose weight and to be healthy.
Now that's my rant over for the day!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 03-15-2011, 01:06 PM   #792
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So True! I build muscle faster too when on stillmans.
Quote:
Oh yeah me too! I have noooooo control when it comes to choc-one square a day???? Not likely!!!
I know right!? Especially in my family.... got a bunch of siblings and mom who can eat whatever they want and look great They bring all sorts of goodies around, to taunt me... oh well at least i got a big chest to make up for it hahaha yeah that makes me feel better
Old 03-15-2011, 01:07 PM   #793
Big Yapper!!!!

It just bugs me that WW is really hailed as THE only good way to lose weight and keep it off. Ok rant def over!!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #794
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
And BTW I don't agree with all the Atkins-type products either! I do think lean and clean eating is the way to lose weight and to be healthy.
Now that's my rant over for the day!!!
I tried the atkins bars a while back.... its just like a candy bar! Makes me crave sweets too.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #795
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I tried the atkins bars a while back.... its just like a candy bar! Makes me crave sweets too.
I know, I stay far away from the atkins foods, they just make me want the real thing!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #796
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I've had them too----and yup just makes me want more!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #797
Big Yapper!!!!

We need help, peeps!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #798
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
Chocolate gets me every time. I don't allow it in my house or i'll be eating it. I'm trying to ignore the chocolate cereal in my cabinet!
icandoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #799
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
Chocolate gets me every time. I don't allow it in my house or i'll be eating it. I'm trying to ignore the chocolate cereal in my cabinet!
I know the feeling... I can tell you where everything, with anything chocolate, is in my house right now. haha
Old 03-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #800
Major LCF Poster!

I have no chocolate in my house because I can't not eat it but sadly right now I am house sitting and the house is filled with temptation everywhere!

Last edited by Mar922; 03-15-2011 at 02:18 PM..
Old 03-15-2011, 02:25 PM   #801
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have no chocolate in my house because I can't not eat it but sadly right now I am house sitting and the house is filled with temptation everywhere!
I am so sorry for you. Stay strong, you can do it!
Old 03-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #802
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I wouldn't even be able to resist the cereal!!
Old 03-15-2011, 03:32 PM   #803
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
and about the fake tan, if anyone is interested... I picked up Jergens- one for the body and one for the face. Its working!! no streaks, no orange (but I may be color blind) Anything is better than ghost!!
Al is it the real tanner or the body lotion with gradual tan? I tried the latter last year and it sukked.
Quote:
Always interested!!!!!! Don't have Jergens. Put light Fake Bake on the tops of my feet last night!!! We have 63 degrees today-read it and weep peeps!!!!!!
O so jealous....we crept up to fifty but snow and sleet tonight, ick.
Quote:
and I love you!!! I really have NO moves either, unless Im drunk!

Quote:
Go dance around to Rihanna and Brit!! Was doing the hoovering to them!!!! (vacuming)
Hoovering
Quote:
Yay for you! My delight and smugness will be short lived though cos it's gonna plummet at the weekend and snow has been threatened go away!
Ugh, same here.......going thought clothes all week for transitional weather. Washed up all the puffer jackets and heavy woolen ones, they wait in thier suit bags for the tripp back to the attic 'til next season.
Of course, the moment I put them away we will have a sudden sub zero snap
Quote:
Gotta go and wash up my tuna dishes!! I hate washing up with a vengeance!!! I have no dishwasher here. i literally hug mine when I go home!!! Then I'm thinking about doing some laundry!! BTW we say 'do some washing' for laundry!! Cos ya wanted to know!!
I do I do! DWs must be very 'dear' (expensive) there? Or the landlord's cheap
Quote:
but now there are video phones and youtube....I would love to see some of the wedding videos of events Ive been too. Well maybe not..

Funny story... My wedding video..I got married in a church with a full mass. Fast forward to my reception and we're all crazy on the dance floor singing, or screaming "the roof the roof the roof is on fire" then the camera zooms on the so called elegant bride, as she continues with "we dont need no water let the mother bleeeper burn." I could slap that guy for recording that..

I dont know if you ever heard that song GT.. but that was not good.. I dont even say shut up in real life..
Miss Al, the real you all prim and proper, and secretly Gagadoes your DH know the demon inside you?

Quote:
I dont have a dishwasher. But my son is just gettin to the right age... (insert evil laugh here)
OMg you poor things, I refused to live without. Let the splinters rip into my feet from the unfinished floor but no soap and water touches these hands
Quote:
I like how fast I get full on stills, I just had half a turkey breast for breakfast and I'm good, before stills I was always eating, I'm not exaggerating, that is actually what people in my office knew me for, I was the girl who was always crunching away in the back (I was always eating Carrots and Celery), I guess now I'm the girl that eats tuna and chicken for breakfast lol
no sweat they will know you as skinny soon
Quote:
I find the longer I do this the easier it gets plus I like not having to worry about what I eat. Its like is it meat? Yes - its ok, No - no thank you haha

I think I will continue to have some on top, my mom is tiny and still has lots on top haha

don't want to look so skinny I'm boney I just want to look healthy, and hot (just in case I run into my ex and his new ugly GF haha)
the very best of reasons........revenge is a dish best served cold!
Quote:
Thats awesome!

Maybe some of us are just meant to be carnivores?
Aaaahhhhhh again read the naive vegetarian at Second Opinions UK....we don't even need veggies! And grain is a total stranger to the true human diet!
Quote:
Thanks!

all of us are, we just choose to deny it!!

Go Meat Go!!! (and the occasional carrot.. )

Quote:
I was going to cheat yesterday but i just thought of myself skinny and that stopped everything. I'm waiting to see 219 come on already!! Only chicken for me today! I have to workout out too!
WTG good thinking
Quote:
I know! I decided to try it because Im taking a nutrition class this semester and we have started going over diets and why they do or don't work and in my textbook low carb diets apparently cause faster weight loss in the beginning and then level off as you continue eating that way. Which may be true, idk but I dont have that much weight to lose so ill take the fast weight loss!!!
Besides on Stillman's I don't crave unhealthy food after the first couple days...unlike on that other diet, it led me to the bad carbs LOL

Oh and on this subject, does anyone take vitamins on Stillman's? I bought the women's One A Day Active metabolism multivitamins. Haven't used em yet though.
vits are recommended by the good doc....take them!

Interesting that the LC is even mentioned in a textbook after so many years being a dirty little secret....
Quote:
Now if I only had the hips of a 12yr old!!!!
me too!
Quote:
and the girls didn't shrink either
Quote:
Quote:
I know, I stay far away from the atkins foods, they just make me want the real thing!
Quote:
I've had them too----and yup just makes me want more!
good to know I will not go there then.....never had them.
Quote:
I know the feeling... I can tell you where everything, with anything chocolate, is in my house right now. haha
yep, same here, it's all in himself's jumk food cabinet....yes, he has his own cabinet in the kitchen with Hersheys miniatures and Andy Capp hot friesI have five hot fries (they are really like spicy potato sticks) on Friday movie night. He chows the bag

Last edited by CCGirl; 03-15-2011 at 04:05 PM..
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:41 PM   #804
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Poor you.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:50 PM   #805
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
I do I do! DWs must be very 'dear' (expensive) there? Or the landlord's cheap
both!!!
And...i hate those gradual self-tanners-they're the worst orange streak offenders!!!
And....yeah din't go near those Atkins bars, seriously the ingredient list is like an excerpt from the Periodic Table!!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:08 PM   #806
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

yep, same here, it's all in himself's jumk food cabinet....yes, he has his own cabinet in the kitchen with Hersheys miniatures and Andy Capp hot friesI have five hot fries (they are really like spicy potato sticks) on Friday movie night. He chows the bag
Oh MY Goodness! I love spicy things In fact, to who ever suggested hot sauce, Thank you SO much! I love it on like everything, especially chicken and even a lil on an egg white.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:19 PM   #807
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
both!!!
And...i hate those gradual self-tanners-they're the worst orange streak offenders!!!
And....yeah din't go near those Atkins bars, seriously the ingredient list is like an excerpt from the Periodic Table!!
yeah, I tried the Jergens and even used it religiously, it has a mind of it's own, tan some here, some there, none theremy legs looked like giraffes
I'm not into skirts and only wear shorts while garage sailing on Sundays in the summers, but it would be nice to see tan ankles below those capri pant hems.
Before I bed tanned I used to lay out in the yard in summers....then after tanning beds my doc told me to quit. I'll settle for the farmer tan I get from mowing......O to be mowing again.

I'm not into pre made stuff, thankfully. I can be a food snob at times. No canned broth, even made my own bread (no machine) for a year, until I did the math and with our power costs so high (.14 per kw hour, one of the highest in the nation) it's not worth it......I will cave once in awhile for mozz stix or jalapeno poppers, but it's only cuz I haven't tried making them from scratch.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:23 PM   #808
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh MY Goodness! I love spicy things In fact, to who ever suggested hot sauce, Thank you SO much! I love it on like everything, especially chicken and even a lil on an egg white.
It's one of our faves. On chicken it's like having wings. And for ground meat, like having taco salad. Love it!

Kate where are you in general, your location is not in your profile. Just curios....on a beach in Tahiti?
Old 03-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #809
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
. Just curios....on a beach in Tahiti?
Wish i was there!!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #810
Big Yapper!!!!

And with those dreamy thoughts of lazy Summer days on the strand, i'm off to the land of nod! Nite nite!