Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #691
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
munching on thighs on a bed of romaine and arugula-which is rocket over there and roquette in Canada BTW....with hot sauce and BC dressing YUM. The arugula was cheap and I caved.....
Arugula is rocket??? Never heard that! Cool! I loooooove rocket!! Had it last week-yup was on sale!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2011, 09:57 AM   #692
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Is it the new single- til the world ends?? Heard the sample. Dont feel like spending 1.29 at the moment..Ke wrote it.
No it's Hold it again! Oooh haven't heard the new one!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:00 AM   #693
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Too funny about Oliver. Guess I better wait a few weeks before I start investigating the goods.

and thank you CC and GT!!! Gonna cook up that beef in some broth and go at it!
Yes you do what we say!!! eating tuna and cukes! Had a coffee too! Usually don't but wanted one!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:03 AM   #694
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Yes you do what we say!!! eating tuna and cukes! Had a coffee too! Usually don't but wanted one!
I splurged on expensive tuna. It really does make a huge difference. That chunk light stuff is horrible to me now...off to get another cup of joe!!

Oh yeah. and Im gonna drink a bottle of water too..
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #695
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I splurged on expensive tuna. It really does make a huge difference. That chunk light stuff is horrible to me now...off to get another cup of joe!!

Oh yeah. and Im gonna drink a bottle of water too..
I'm too mean to buy good tuna! I buy the cheapest can! .69c. (euro). Gonna check that in dollars, so ya tell me if that's cheap in the US!
Thats $.96c.

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 03-14-2011 at 10:14 AM..
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #696
Senior LCF Member
 
KateL110's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California!
Posts: 78
Gallery: KateL110
Stats: 140/129/115
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2011
hi everyone...im back! Why did I ever try anything other than stillmans??
Im giving stillman's another try, and no cheats. lol. Im too scared to look at the scale this morning so I will weigh myself tomorrow after a good day on stillmans. im sure im up at least 7 lbs
KateL110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:39 AM   #697
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateL110 View Post
hi everyone...im back! Why did I ever try anything other than stillmans??
Im giving stillman's another try, and no cheats. lol. Im too scared to look at the scale this morning so I will weigh myself tomorrow after a good day on stillmans. im sure im up at least 7 lbs
Hi Kate! Welcome back! Wait 2 days-all the water weight will be gone!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #698
Senior LCF Member
 
KateL110's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California!
Posts: 78
Gallery: KateL110
Stats: 140/129/115
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2011
I hope so!!
Todays menu looks like:
b- egg whites
L- chicken breast
D-? probably tuna
KateL110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #699
Senior LCF Member
 
KateL110's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California!
Posts: 78
Gallery: KateL110
Stats: 140/129/115
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2011
Who is exercising? I go to a gym and work my arms...but anything more, even cardio tends to stall my weight loss. Even on stillman's my weight doesnt go down. I love going to the gym and doing lots of cardio and weights but I cant stand to see that same number on the scale....do I stick with it or hold off for a while?
KateL110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:17 PM   #700
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateL110 View Post
I hope so!!
Todays menu looks like:
b- egg whites
L- chicken breast
D-? probably tuna
Looks good!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:22 PM   #701
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateL110 View Post
Who is exercising? I go to a gym and work my arms...but anything more, even cardio tends to stall my weight loss. Even on stillman's my weight doesnt go down. I love going to the gym and doing lots of cardio and weights but I cant stand to see that same number on the scale....do I stick with it or hold off for a while?
Me! I do Pilates, Callanetics, Bar Method and interval training. I dunno about the stalling-I just seem to kinda be in a permanent stall!!! i think though with exercise you lose weight better than without, as in you're smaller. I would keep it going, especially as you love it! Even if the scale isn't going down you will still be losing fat and probably gaining muscle. Keep off the scale for a while and just measure and go by how your clothes fit!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #702
Senior LCF Member
 
KateL110's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California!
Posts: 78
Gallery: KateL110
Stats: 140/129/115
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Me! I do Pilates, Callanetics, Bar Method and interval training. I dunno about the stalling-I just seem to kinda be in a permanent stall!!! i think though with exercise you lose weight better than without, as in you're smaller. I would keep it going, especially as you love it! Even if the scale isn't going down you will still be losing fat and probably gaining muscle. Keep off the scale for a while and just measure and go by how your clothes fit!
I was also gonna ask if anyone else tried callanetics! I have the 10/10 video and have done about 11 hours. I like it because it doesnt make me look bulky like running does. I think I will keep working out and alternate it with callanetics to keep my thighs from looking so big haha. Grrrrrrr, the scale is just so addicting!
KateL110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:17 PM   #703
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
has any ever lost the 5 pounds a week that stillmans says is possible, other than the first week?

I'm just curious
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #704
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
you never could resist a good sale! Plus, its sounds scrumptious!
o yeah it is! You so know me and markdowns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Arugula is rocket??? Never heard that! Cool! I loooooove rocket!! Had it last week-yup was on sale!
I was gonna ask you too what it was then I saw it on the box
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I'm too mean to buy good tuna! I buy the cheapest can! .69c. (euro). Gonna check that in dollars, so ya tell me if that's cheap in the US!
Thats $.96c.
too mean......the chunk light is around .69 US, the solid 1.00 per 5 oz tin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateL110 View Post
hi everyone...im back! Why did I ever try anything other than stillmans??
Im giving stillman's another try, and no cheats. lol. Im too scared to look at the scale this morning so I will weigh myself tomorrow after a good day on stillmans. im sure im up at least 7 lbs
Kate what was your other plan? Inquiring minds want to know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
has any ever lost the 5 pounds a week that stillmans says is possible, other than the first week?

I'm just curious
O yes if you stay strict and hammer the water down....off to get some
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #705
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
has any ever lost the 5 pounds a week that stillmans says is possible, other than the first week?

I'm just curious
ALeriaaa!!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:25 PM   #706
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Aaaagh it has taken me nearly an hour to sync my ipod and ipad----and I didn't want all those fotos on the ipad either!!!!
Listening to Adele-Someone like you-gorgeous song. Do you guys have her? She's English.
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #707
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Everything is dearer here
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:52 PM   #708
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Aaaagh it has taken me nearly an hour to sync my ipod and ipad----and I didn't want all those fotos on the ipad either!!!!
Listening to Adele-Someone like you-gorgeous song. Do you guys have her? She's English.
I don't listen to the radio much, unless you count trash talking conservative talk radio....yep, there it is, out in the open.....Rush, Hannity, I love 'em all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Everything is dearer here
I don't get that GT, translation?
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #709
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

I don't get that GT, translation?
OMG!!!!!! Ye really use different language!!!
Dear=expensive, dearer=more expensive!

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 03-14-2011 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: Editing to say-I was talking about the tuna!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #710
Senior LCF Member
 
KateL110's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California!
Posts: 78
Gallery: KateL110
Stats: 140/129/115
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

Kate what was your other plan? Inquiring minds want to know!
Well it was a low calorie plan, eating mostly fresh fruit and veggies and complex carbs (oatmeal) and some lean protein. I liked what I was eating but it ended up being wayyyyyy too many carbs and one thing led to another and it just made me want to eat the bad carbs (ice cream!) lol
Also, the weight loss was not fast enough for me...I tend to get very discouraged and quit when I dont see it happen fast enough hahaha. Stillman's for me!
KateL110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:29 PM   #711
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
What can I put in tuna to make it better? I do lemon and pepper and sometimes a tsp of mayo(bad I know) and some Dijon mustard, I have never liked plain yellow mustard so I need some ideas please

I just started eating my chicken with hot sauce today I am in love! I've always loved spicy I don't know why I waited til now to do this? Haha
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:53 AM   #712
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
I hate plain tuna too!!! I just can't do it-chew, chew, chew!!! I do sometimes(mostly!) put a teaspoon of mayo in it-fat free and with the lowest carbs I can find. I do eat it with mustard too-doing that at the moment! Other than that I dunno!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:31 AM   #713
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
What can I put in tuna to make it better? I do lemon and pepper and sometimes a tsp of mayo(bad I know) and some Dijon mustard, I have never liked plain yellow mustard so I need some ideas please

I just started eating my chicken with hot sauce today I am in love! I've always loved spicy I don't know why I waited til now to do this? Haha
for the tuna: hot sauce, splash of soy sauce, or just dont drain it. Take a bite and swig it down with some crystal light. Try different seasonings. I like celery salt and Cayenne Pepper.

(Dont know if you are watching your salt- I dont)
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:32 AM   #714
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
has any ever lost the 5 pounds a week that stillmans says is possible, other than the first week?

I'm just curious
I beleive it can be done, but without a single cheat.
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:36 AM   #715
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
My Bumblebee tuna (just the albacore in water, not the gold can) is 6.99 for 4 cans.... horrible....then again Juicy Juice just went up to $4.69. rediculous..
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:57 AM   #716
Senior LCF Member
 
Cat430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 386
Gallery: Cat430
Stats: 5'3ish 160/147.2/110
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart March 14 2011
Down 2.2 pounds today Water I am sure but I don't even care...after this first week it is the real deal

Yesterday's menu:

B: coffee 2 creams (cant let this go yet) 5 splendas (very large coffee)
L: 2 all beef hotdogs...minimum LC ketchup and mustard
D: 2 hamburger patties
1 Diet Mtn Dew
Water: 90 oz

Hopefully if I post my menu and my weight loss I will keep my momentum going
Cat430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:57 AM   #717
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
OMG!!!!!! Ye really use different language!!!
Dear=expensive, dearer=more expensive!
LOL and so we learn , thanks teach!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateL110 View Post
Well it was a low calorie plan, eating mostly fresh fruit and veggies and complex carbs (oatmeal) and some lean protein. I liked what I was eating but it ended up being wayyyyyy too many carbs and one thing led to another and it just made me want to eat the bad carbs (ice cream!) lol
Also, the weight loss was not fast enough for me...I tend to get very discouraged and quit when I dont see it happen fast enough hahaha. Stillman's for me!
OMG the classic diet recipe for disaster that the world falls for over and over....so glad you came to your senses!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
My Bumblebee tuna (just the albacore in water, not the gold can) is 6.99 for 4 cans.... horrible....then again Juicy Juice just went up to $4.69. rediculous..
yikes....I forgot how expensive it is to live down there...
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:59 AM   #718
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat430 View Post
Down 2.2 pounds today Water I am sure but I don't even care...after this first week it is the real deal

Yesterday's menu:

B: coffee 2 creams (cant let this go yet) 5 splendas (very large coffee)
L: 2 all beef hotdogs...minimum LC ketchup and mustard
D: 2 hamburger patties
1 Diet Mtn Dew
Water: 90 oz

Hopefully if I post my menu and my weight loss I will keep my momentum going
WTG you!post away! I hope your momentum is catching
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:25 AM   #719
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat430 View Post
Down 2.2 pounds today Water I am sure but I don't even care...after this first week it is the real deal

Yesterday's menu:

B: coffee 2 creams (cant let this go yet) 5 splendas (very large coffee)
L: 2 all beef hotdogs...minimum LC ketchup and mustard
D: 2 hamburger patties
1 Diet Mtn Dew
Water: 90 oz

Hopefully if I post my menu and my weight loss I will keep my momentum going
Great job CAT!!!

I had a chicken breast and a bowl of extra drained ground beef! Today will be chicken and beef. Had the slow cooker going last night with my stew meat. Its in the fridge right now, so I can scrap off all the fat later.

Im still Crystal Light free, peeps! Although I have had some diet soda. drinking my water. all is good!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:34 AM   #720
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
OMG the classic diet recipe for disaster that the world falls for over and over....so glad you came to your senses!

yikes....I forgot how expensive it is to live down there...
I am so excited about maintenance for the first time ever!!! I will NOT let disaster stike this time around!!!!

It is so expensive!!! I usually try to stock up on sales, but its getting to the point where the sale prices are the original prices(they cant trick me) and the current prices are double!!! Im not eating as much meat this time around, so i am spending a lot less. 3 chicken breasts are 9 something, and if I buy the tray of 8 its, 16 bucks. Diet Pepsi is $1.89, but I did score a 99 cent deal a few weeks ago and bought a bunch...

Ridiculous I say..sorry for the rant.
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:19 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.