Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #541
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
you love them dearly, but some days he's just an.............

gawd I used to love that commercial.......
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #542
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

this is what happens when there's nothing on primetime at eight.....except Dog the Bounty Hunter
Old 03-10-2011, 02:55 AM   #543
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Kinda! It's green! But much much better! As in it tastes of something! Kinda herby!
and has strong peppery taste. High in potassium too.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:14 AM   #544
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
You guys are doing great! I'm sorry I didn't post in a long time. I lost 17 pounds so far. I'm thinking of making today a fish or tuna fish day with a small salad.
Welcome back! You are doing great!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:17 AM   #545
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, Im a little disappointed today in my numbers but I will press on. 2 full weeks of QWL and only 2 pounds gone this week. At least it was something...
Old 03-10-2011, 05:20 AM   #546
Blabbermouth!!!

and I didnt end up on the floor last night, CC!!! I was ridden with the guilt of breaking the rules. Probably wouldve seen better results. I always lose after a night of spirits...

Gonna be a quiet day for me today. Laundry, chicken, water, more laundry, more chicken. so exciting...
Old 03-10-2011, 05:51 AM   #547
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
and has strong peppery taste. High in potassium too.
Oh never knew it had potaSs! Thanks!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:52 AM   #548
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Well, Im a little disappointed today in my numbers but I will press on. 2 full weeks of QWL and only 2 pounds gone this week. At least it was something...
it all helps! I totally understand tho!
Old 03-10-2011, 05:54 AM   #549
Big Yapper!!!!

Eating tuna with a chopped up tomato!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:01 AM   #550
Big Yapper!!!!

Dilema! My boss wants me to teach extra classes during the Semester hols. Ok it would mean extra money (always good!) and brownie points but it also means less time at home. I can go home for a week-cos I just wanna go home!-then come back, teach for the 2weeks, and then go back home for Easter. If I didn't teach the extras I would get a month of hols at home. What do do????
Old 03-10-2011, 06:35 AM   #551
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
and I didnt end up on the floor last night, CC!!! I was ridden with the guilt of breaking the rules. Probably wouldve seen better results. I always lose after a night of spirits...

Gonna be a quiet day for me today. Laundry, chicken, water, more laundry, more chicken. so exciting...
same here....bracing for the rain and flooding later. We have about 6 " of snow down and it's coming down steady. I am hoping the temps hold and we don't change to rain until as late as possible..
Quote:
Dilema! My boss wants me to teach extra classes during the Semester hols. Ok it would mean extra money (always good!) and brownie points but it also means less time at home. I can go home for a week-cos I just wanna go home!-then come back, teach for the 2weeks, and then go back home for Easter. If I didn't teach the extras I would get a month of hols at home. What do do????
such a tough call GT.......are you his go to gal when it comes to the extra time? As in you're the one most likely to say yes? Or is it your success that he has in mind?
My Dad's wife taught for thirty years and couldn't stand the politics.......
Old 03-10-2011, 07:01 AM   #552
Blabbermouth!!!

I would say yes, because Im the person that has a hard time saying no. But I would really be wanting to just go home. Big decision here. yikes.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:04 AM   #553
Blabbermouth!!!

CC- my brother has been feeding a stray cat and it just had two kittens yesterday. My mom is now attached but wont let them in the house. Shes gonna set up an area on the back porch for them. Litterbox, clean towels, food/water. She was told the mama wouldnt leave the babies for a month. Any other tips would be great. thx!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 07:42 AM   #554
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
I have decided that salt is evil, I never really liked it and now I definitely don't like it haha I feel like a balloon haha

Does anyone else find that when they do eat carbs even small amounts that they see a gain the next day? I was reading a book (I got for $5 in a discount bin) called the Dukan diet which to me kinda seems to like it takes a lot of its principles from stillmans (it doesn't actually say that, but it was written after so I am just assuming). If you don't know what the dukan diet is you do the first 2-10 days on pure protein (PP), then alternate between PP days and Protein Veg (PV) days, you can do it every other day or 5 days on PV and 5 days on PP until you reach your goal weight and then he eases normal food back into the diet until you are just doing 1 PP day a week.

Anyways my point was that he says you will see a gain after the PV days but not too worry that it jst your body retaining the water and the true weight loss would be seen on the PP days once your body flushes it out again, so I am wondering if anyone else has seen this (I kinda have) and if that is the case what is going to happen when ppl start eating Vegetables again after stills?
Has anyone tried the inches off diet? did you see a gain in water weight then too?

Ok I am done rambling, I've only been at work an hour and don't feel like working so I decided to go off on a tangent haha
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #555
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I have decided that salt is evil, I never really liked it and now I definitely don't like it haha I feel like a balloon haha

Does anyone else find that when they do eat carbs even small amounts that they see a gain the next day? I was reading a book (I got for $5 in a discount bin) called the Dukan diet which to me kinda seems to like it takes a lot of its principles from stillmans (it doesn't actually say that, but it was written after so I am just assuming). If you don't know what the dukan diet is you do the first 2-10 days on pure protein (PP), then alternate between PP days and Protein Veg (PV) days, you can do it every other day or 5 days on PV and 5 days on PP until you reach your goal weight and then he eases normal food back into the diet until you are just doing 1 PP day a week.

Anyways my point was that he says you will see a gain after the PV days but not too worry that it jst your body retaining the water and the true weight loss would be seen on the PP days once your body flushes it out again, so I am wondering if anyone else has seen this (I kinda have) and if that is the case what is going to happen when ppl start eating Vegetables again after stills?
Has anyone tried the inches off diet? did you see a gain in water weight then too?

Ok I am done rambling, I've only been at work an hour and don't feel like working so I decided to go off on a tangent haha
Hi mar!! Love the tangent!! The inches off diet was meant for after we get to our goal weight and we still see trouble spots, (as in my big calves). On that diet Stills says we lose the fat between the muscles, which could possibly be the muscle itself, so I never went for it. Any bite off QWL makes me gain, but if I kept it healthy, and the calories lower, Im sure I could make it work. Gonna try real hard to do it this time!!! One thing Im sure of though. We will not gain all our weight back eating vegetables. For me, its those vegetables that lead to the dressings, that lead to the cheese, that lead to the garlic bread, that lead to dessert, etc.

I like that your researching!!! You will be so much better off!!! (dont think I answered yur questions, but someone will!!!!)
Old 03-10-2011, 08:03 AM   #556
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi mar!! Love the tangent!! The inches off diet was meant for after we get to our goal weight and we still see trouble spots, (as in my big calves). On that diet Stills says we lose the fat between the muscles, which could possibly be the muscle itself, so I never went for it. Any bite off QWL makes me gain, but if I kept it healthy, and the calories lower, Im sure I could make it work. Gonna try real hard to do it this time!!! One thing Im sure of though. We will not gain all our weight back eating vegetables. For me, its those vegetables that lead to the dressings, that lead to the cheese, that lead to the garlic bread, that lead to dessert, etc.

I like that your researching!!! You will be so much better off!!! (dont think I answered yur questions, but someone will!!!!)
Thanks anyways,

I worried about muscle loss too, I am kinda funny shaped because I am muscular (my legs are solid and I have been told by men who work out a lot that they are envious of them ... I did not take it as a compliment hahah) but its like someone took an ice cream scoop of fat and just put it on my tummy and chest (although I don't wanna lose those lol)
Old 03-10-2011, 08:36 AM   #557
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
CC- my brother has been feeding a stray cat and it just had two kittens yesterday. My mom is now attached but wont let them in the house. Shes gonna set up an area on the back porch for them. Litterbox, clean towels, food/water. She was told the mama wouldnt leave the babies for a month. Any other tips would be great. thx!!!!!!!!!
Oh, boy, They need to be warm. Get a heating pad on the lowest setting under some towels at least two inches thick NOW. Normal body temp for a cat is about 102F.

The greatest chance of survival is three days with the mother. If it's less than that it's a 50-50 crapshoot no matter how well you take care of them.

Ours were left by the mother halfway into the second day. I waited until dusk for her return and then brought them in.

If they are abandoned you can successfully feed them 8 oz. whole milk mixed with one egg yolk for twenty four hours ONLY. The yolk is for extra fat which is CRITICAL at this time. They need to put on weight and fast.

They will then need kitten milk replacer. WalMart, about eight bucks for the large container. This will last you about four days. They need to be bottle fed (Walmart may have it but I wound up at PetSmart). They will need to be fed about every three to four hours.

Keep me posted. If she only had two there may be more on the way orthere may be complications and if there's a stillborn in there she may take off. And not return.

Last edited by CCGirl; 03-10-2011 at 08:38 AM..
Old 03-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #558
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al, be careful to watch the mother if she gets up and comes back, ours missed getting one to the teat and smothered it.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:52 AM   #559
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey Mar yep Dukan is a total ripoff of QWL. But he sounds more science-y so people suck it up.

vegetables are carbs. Plain and simple. Protein won't wash away water weight, only water can. JMHO...

and what exactly is normal food after the DD?

if you really want to know what is a normal diet for humans see second opinions UK and read some of Barry's articles. Start off with the Five a Day essay. Then go for the the naive vegetarian.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:13 AM   #560
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
You have done so well though...bet there is a woosh coming your way!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:36 AM   #561
Big Yapper!!!!

I have the Dukan Diet. I think he talks a lot of sense especially about you having a set weight-a weight your body loves (a normal weight)and that is really hard to get under! Also i like the way he lays out the 4 steps to 'normal' eating. He places a lot ofemphasis on stabilising, and that is sooo important-you can't go straight from QWL to eating everything or you just blow up!!! And more importantly he tells it as it is-nope we will never be able to eat what we want, and he says to have a protein day once a week. I think that's a good idea! Yeah fruit and veg are carbs, but not bad ones. They're low cal, low GI( some fruits much less so), and I think Al is right no one ever got fat eating veg-it was the sauces!
Water flushes out salt, and drinking more water helps you retain less, but also eating enough protein does that. Lack of protein in the diet also causes water retention.
Now my novel over!! Soooo agree though, he basically stole QWL, tweaked it to make it more conventional for the medical profession-and made it a WOE for life! Also appealing!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 03-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #562
Big Yapper!!!!

Mar-i have really thought about the inches off diet too-a lot!!! But all I read I think eating no protein is a really bad idea. You'll lose muscle so your metabolism will drop and you will have to keep cals really low to even maintain. Plus just like you can't choose where you want to lose fat, you can't chose where you lose muscle either. Remember your heart and brain are also musles!
I know I sound like a broken record about the exercise-and no I don't particularly like it if I'm really honest, i'm lazy!-but you can truly change your shape with it. When you do the right ones-yes weights will bulk you up. I hate that look. I hate the way Paris Hilton and Cam Diaz have bulked up. I'm sorry but in clothes that will just look like fat. I even bulked up my thighs with the cycling. But ones like Callanetics and the Bar Method etc really stretch you out and make you 'long and lean'. I'm not just saying it, they do work. i've seen the changes-and in my calves too.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #563
Big Yapper!!!!

Love love love Rihanns S&M song!!! Listening to it now!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #564
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you sooooo much CC! I'll pass it on. The hardest part is going to be moving them from the front of the house to the back.. they are in a cardboard box, and the mom hasnt left yet. Im worried shes gonna freak when they pick it up..my brother doesnt get home til 4. thanks again!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #565
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
You have done so well though...bet there is a woosh coming your way!
thanks MM!!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #566
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Love love love Rihanns S&M song!!! Listening to it now!
the video is hilarious.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #567
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I know I sound like a broken record about the exercise-
I appreciate your constant reminders girlie!!! One day I will take you up on it!! So a big thank you to you, for tellin it like it is!!!!

Long and lean..here I come!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #568
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mar-i have really thought about the inches off diet too-a lot!!! But all I read I think eating no protein is a really bad idea. You'll lose muscle so your metabolism will drop and you will have to keep cals really low to even maintain. Plus just like you can't choose where you want to lose fat, you can't chose where you lose muscle either. Remember your heart and brain are also musles!
I know I sound like a broken record about the exercise-and no I don't particularly like it if I'm really honest, i'm lazy!-but you can truly change your shape with it. When you do the right ones-yes weights will bulk you up. I hate that look. I hate the way Paris Hilton and Cam Diaz have bulked up. I'm sorry but in clothes that will just look like fat. I even bulked up my thighs with the cycling. But ones like Callanetics and the Bar Method etc really stretch you out and make you 'long and lean'. I'm not just saying it, they do work. i've seen the changes-and in my calves too.
I thought about doing Pilates and Yoga to lengthen my muscles, I walk everyday with my dogs so I might start jogging with them in a few months (right now my puppy can't run because its bad for her growing bones)
Old 03-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #569
Blabbermouth!!!

oh I cant get little kittys off my mind....no ones answerin at moms.... sigh... biting nails....
Old 03-10-2011, 10:09 AM   #570
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I thought about doing Pilates and Yoga to lengthen my muscles, I walk everyday with my dogs so I might start jogging with them in a few months (right now my puppy can't run because its bad for her growing bones)
I want to walk dogs!!!!!!

I am crazy. Theres always a catch with me and exercise. Theres alwys an excuse. Like, I need new sneakers first, I need to buy a Kinect, I need a treadmill. I need to buy a dog was in fact one of the latest ones..... I am soooo bad, when all I really need to do is flop on that floor and get too it... but then I would need a yoga mat... get me?