Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #391
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
don't change them Al there is a whoosh on the horizon.........yay
You were right! 138 today!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #392
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
GT, she's doing awesome. She took some kind of standarized test at school and scored in the top 1% in the nation. We are so proud. Of course, we cant take credit for her intelligence or her looks since we adopted her but we are proud anyway.
what wonderful news!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:41 AM   #393
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyJo View Post
My strips are saying I am in a mild state of Ketosis now, so that is great! I did get a small headache this morning, but 2 Aleeve took care of that.

I even went out to dinner with my husband tonight & ordered just a grilled chicken breast. The waiter didn't make me feel odd either, which has been an issue ordering off menu at places.

I made my hubby hide the bathroom scale until Wednesday. I am getting too obsessed with it. Also, we got an XBOX Kinect today. I have to say that I much prefer it to the Wii. The Kinect Adventures game is really fun!

Hope everyone else had a great day Day 1 of Stillmans for me is a success!
Nice job at the restaurant! If you can do that, you can do anything!!! Check out the free download section on the xbox. theres some other kinect demos to try out. I like the racing game but i forget what its called. That one is a blast.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #394
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I caved yesterday evening. Don't want to talk about what I ate. Back to it this morning. Hoping if anything, I will have just gained a bit of water weight but I am avoiding the scales today...TOM arrived yesterday also. lets see what tomorrow brings.
just a minor slip! lets get back in the game!!! starting now!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #395
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi all, just a quick drive by as we have spent the entire day digging trenches/laying sand/mopping up flood waters in the house with towels as the house was flooding as well as the horse stalls... It finally turned back to snow and everything is drying up . I've got fans running in the basement (really the laundry room, there is no formal basement as we are built into the side of a hill....we're pretty beat/ Thank Goddess for alcohol.....
who needs Jillian and Callenetics when we can head over to CC's ranch?!?! Damn girl. how do you keep up!!! oh yeah the alcohol
Old 03-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #396
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
he slept with my exwife while we were married.
yikes. not so wonderful news.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #397
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
CC-sorry you're flooded. Hope it's not too bad.................and that it hasn't reached the shoe closet!!
not the shoooooooeeeesssssss!!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #398
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I have a few of them here but I have never really found a great one. The only one that I think is ok and have actually even had a bit of a thing for is the Tomato sauce. I use to have it with bacon and eggs and it worked great...but it did not seem to work well with much else, I don't know why?? It did not stall me. The others are just sitting in the fridge. I have Blue Cheese dip, Sweet Onion dressing, BBQ sauce, Italian Sun Dried Tomato dressing and Marinara sauce. Has anyone tried a good one?
I would have never thought of the tomato sauce, egg, bacon combo... and I dont think my grocery store carries as much waldens as you!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #399
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
But you keep your skinny measurements to yourself, you hear!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #400
Blabbermouth!!!

so peeps. I'm a bit tired. the lack of fat is startin to get to me, i think. thursday is my 2 weeks, so Im not switchin up until then. I had that 'legs feel like lead' going up the stairs last night and that is a big lightbulb to me that i may need something more.. feelin fine now, so we'll see how it goes...BBL
Old 03-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
I have been on stillmans for a week now and I lost 1.5 inches off my bust, waist and hips and I'm down 5 pounds as long as this keeps up I should be at goal in a couple months!

For those of you who have lost 10#'s in a week, what have you been eating? I have stuck right to the plan, should I be cutting out cheese?
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #402
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I have been on stillmans for a week now and I lost 1.5 inches off my bust, waist and hips and I'm down 5 pounds as long as this keeps up I should be at goal in a couple months!

For those of you who have lost 10#'s in a week, what have you been eating? I have stuck right to the plan, should I be cutting out cheese?
Great job Mar!! I only lose big numbers the first week, then it slllooowwws down. I'm just eating lean meat right now. Chicken and tuna, no dairy and eggs. Not to say that you still can't get great results with it. I just find that I eat too much of it, once I start I cant stop! so Im staying away for now.

I would bet if you stick to plan, goal will come in a few weeks. Not months!

Last edited by aleriaaa; 03-07-2011 at 10:47 AM..
Old 03-07-2011, 11:08 AM   #403
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
So, so happy for you, I really am...you deserve it! But you keep your skinny measurements to yourself, you hear!
they're not my measurements-----yet!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #404
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Oh GT!!! That is fantastic!!!! No one deserves it more than you, and youve inspired me once again. I will get into an exercise routine. I have too. I thought I was stuck with my legs forever, and you have proven we can get what we want. (but its gonna take work, I know) Job well done!!!
Thanks! It was sooo weird cos even though my clothes have definitely got loser, I have been the same measurements on the tape since like November! You should get Callanetics-no sweating or anything! And my calves have got smaller-can tell from my boots!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #405
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
120s here you come!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #406
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I would have never thought of the tomato sauce, egg, bacon combo... and I dont think my grocery store carries as much waldens as you!!!
Loooooooooove that combo!!! Bacon(rasher), sausages and eggs on a Sunday morning with a hangover!! Or brown sauce-yuuuuuum! And put together in a 2slices of white bread!...................days before Stilly!! .........then again days before Skinny jeans!!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #407
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
so peeps. I'm a bit tired. the lack of fat is startin to get to me, i think. thursday is my 2 weeks, so Im not switchin up until then. I had that 'legs feel like lead' going up the stairs last night and that is a big lightbulb to me that i may need something more.. feelin fine now, so we'll see how it goes...BBL
You still lose really well when you add fat so I say go for it!!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #408
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

yay on the loss! I'm not sure I ever lost 10lbs a week but I'll put in my cents worth anyway! The easiest way to lose fastest is to eat clean and lean-no cheese, no eggs, no fattier meats, no little extras like cream or milk or a tiny bit of sauce. So chicken, tuna , turkey, really. And bucket loads of water. And to keep the hunger away I think eating little and often helps.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #409
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Once I am done with the cheese I have in my fridge I will start eating cleaner because I need to have my little bit of milk or cream in my coffee which I need if people want to live through the day, otherwise I am a 3 headed monster
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #410
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Once I am done with the cheese I have in my fridge I will start eating cleaner because I need to have my little bit of milk or cream in my coffee which I need if people want to live through the day, otherwise I am a 3 headed monster
that's what I feel about milk in my tea!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Just a quick Hi! Gotta go home and get the little peepers dinner before they shrivel up and just Die!!! OMG.. you would think I never cooked. .

Glad to see so much activity on the board. Took me all my "free time" to catch up now I have no time to write.

Except. . CONGRATS! You losers!!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #412
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CodyJo
Stats: Start 310 lbs/ Goal 180 lbs/ Current 237 lbs
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal/Low Fat (formerly on Medifast)
Start Date: 9/20/10
Call me crazy but I like the taste of the Walden Farms Honey Dijon dressing. I am using it and I hope it will be okay - should be from the sounds of it.

I have a question about duration people do the QWL diet. How many pounds are you wanting to lose with QWL or how many weeks are you planning on staying on it?

Thanks for all the support, you all are great!
CodyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Hi all........I have been shoveling since seven a.m. and I almost wish it were horse poop.........heavy wet snow.

Up here they call it heart attack snow. And, yes, I do know personally of some lovely people who were attacked by it and lost.

We had twenty three inches of the lovely white stuff overnite. BF stayed home so I could enjoy all of the epithets associated with hard work, sweating in 26F temps and the like.

and now, to the action on the board........

Quote:
GT, she's doing awesome. She took some kind of standarized test at school and scored in the top 1% in the nation. We are so proud. Of course, we cant take credit for her intelligence or her looks since we adopted her but we are proud anyway.
children are products of their environment. Done.
Quote:
CC, I'll be honest, it was tough for a while, until I found out he slept with my exwife while we were married. He's lucky he lived this long.
O my, at least she is your ex now. And the lesson learned is that some we respect are undeserving. Likewise, some we don't actually do. Look at it as a gift of exemption from persecution of homicide!
Quote:
CC-sorry you're flooded. Hope it's not too bad.................and that it hasn't reached the shoe closet!!
O no girl, and I rescued himself's beer. The shoes are in the closet with the jewelry box...er, casket. that Mum sent me. I have it all planned. Cats, bird, jewels, shoes. And himself if he's light enough to carry.
Flood doesn't worry me. Most of the valuables are on the second floor. And fire? That will be me on the news, the crazy person with all of the taps open flooding the house and armed with a garden hose out in the yard.
Quote:
Cody, i second what CC said about ketosis-it's like being pregnant-you either are or your not!
And about the dressings-def make your own!

Quote:
Bored as a tart but loads to do...
tart as in edible pastry or like in a working girl (prostitute)?

Quote:
Peeps, i am soooooo happy! I smiled all the way to work! Yes peeps I'm a simpleton-the little things make me happy! I measured myself this morning-and in the last couple of weeks I have lost inhes!!! i've been really upping the Callanetics(gotta say, I was wondering would it ever work, but it does, who knew?!) I could feel that my super skinnies-that seriously,I could barely breathe in after Xmas were def getting loser-and now longer,weird! Guess it's cos they're loser! But when I measured it just was not showing up on the tape!
Anyway I lost an inch from my bra strap, an inch from my waist (i now have Posh's waist measurement! -now if I just had the rest!) an inch and a half from my hips and nearly 2inches from each thigh!!!!
I was googling a while back for size zero measurements-yes i know i shouldn't blah...! Anyway they come up as 31-23-33.........so I'm only a couple of inches off (brastrap&hips)......2yrs ago I never would have even dreamed that!!!!!!!
GT are you sure you're not on thin overload? Take a good look at those gaunt photos from awhile back....or maybe I'm jealous, in a good way of course.
Quote:
ahhhh..... the whoosh spell worked. Is there a candle color for body mass loss? Must consult the handbook...........
Quote:
who needs Jillian and Callenetics when we can head over to CC's ranch?!?! Damn girl. how do you keep up!!! oh yeah the alcohol
yep it keeps me from hurting others.....listening to BF rant all day between shoveling OMG I love him but thank Goddess for hearing loss in one ear

Quote:
not the shoooooooeeeesssssss!!!!
they are safethat's why I have a pickup with a tonneau, I can stuff my fashionista stuff in it and could probably get all the small animals in the cab!
Quote:
vitamins Al, I know you're impaired like me taking them regular but it might help....of course i got to eat two thigh skins today as a reward for shoveling, cats were jealous
Quote:
go you!
your call, if it keeps you sane and you are losing then do it.
Quote:
Loooooooooove that combo!!! Bacon(rasher), sausages and eggs on a Sunday morning with a hangover!! Or brown sauce-yuuuuuum! And put together in a 2slices of white bread!...................days before Stilly!! .........then again days before Skinny jeans!!
GT thanks for the info I thought rasher was sausage...oh wait that would be bangers, right?
I will continue to trade bread for skinny jeans. Forever.
Quote:
Bwaaaaaaahahaha me too. Today was a monster alert so we had Bailey's in our coffee. Normally a nono but I figure after eating one egg one egg white and three slices bacon and two chik thighs the calorie deficit was still huge.
Quote:
Call me crazy but I like the taste of the Walden Farms Honey Dijon dressing. I am using it and I hope it will be okay - should be from the sounds of it.

I have a question about duration people do the QWL diet. How many pounds are you wanting to lose with QWL or how many weeks are you planning on staying on it?
I want to lose 60 lb.lost 29 so far.
I will stay on or close to QWL/Paleo/Atkins for life.

Last edited by CCGirl; 03-07-2011 at 04:41 PM..
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:46 PM   #414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

okay, off topic here but I have found two dopplegangers today.
Cody Jo..........

meet Dana Delany

Becky, if you're out there, here you are with a long bob........

Diane Sawyer

Last edited by CCGirl; 03-07-2011 at 04:57 PM..
Old 03-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lo Carb Honey Dijon Dressing

1 Cup of Low Fat, Plain Greek Yogurt
1/4 Cup of Splenda
4 TBSP of Dijon mustard
1 tsp of celery seed

whisk together, thin with water if too thick

and Walden farms dressings average 4.00 per pound, I'm sure this is much cheaper and no preservatives/strange crap you don't want to eat!

Last edited by CCGirl; 03-07-2011 at 05:36 PM..
Old 03-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #416
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CodyJo
Stats: Start 310 lbs/ Goal 180 lbs/ Current 237 lbs
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal/Low Fat (formerly on Medifast)
Start Date: 9/20/10
Thanks CCGirl for the recipe and the compliment about Dana Delany. She is gorgeous!
CodyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:23 AM   #417
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I lost all my weight on it-well a version of it anyway-lean meat, eggs, fish and some salad vegetables-(always under 20carbs). I think I did it without any veg straight for about 5months, but I didn't feel good.
I intend to eat like this forever, will prob have oatmeal for breakfast (cos I like it!) and will def add back in yoghurt(cos I like that too!).
Old 03-08-2011, 12:29 AM   #418
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

GT are you sure you're not on thin overload?

I will continue to trade bread for skinny jeans. Forever.

I will stay on or close to QWL/Paleo/Atkins for life.
I'm still not thin, far from it!! Actually my face looks a bit 'rounder'. I've been eating a bit more! And drinking lots of water!
Amen to the trade-off!
Old 03-08-2011, 04:18 AM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Have you seen the new Guinness HP Brown sauce?
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:32 AM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Today is weigh in day over on the Stillman's March weigh in thread. I lost a total of 5lb. I'm not thrilled coz I am guessing 3 of those are down to water weight but on the other hand, I did have a pig out and it is also TOM, so maybe I need to lighten up a bit. Daughter has started diet with me today...she does not have much to lose at all but wants to slim down in time for the warmer weather. Its nice having her on board...we spent this morning doing what teenage girls love to do and looked through all the latest celeb mags (I caved GT), over steak and eggs. Feeling really positive about this week...we will keep each other in check...plus, I'm going to beat this weeks numbers!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote