Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 04:03 PM   #361
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
ooooo. I want to find my max carb level too!!! Havent tried the Waldens. Are there any that you like? I havent heard very good things about the way they taste, but I bet they would taste great after a week of plain chicken.
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2011, 04:35 PM   #362
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CodyJo
Stats: Start 310 lbs/ Goal 180 lbs/ Current 237 lbs
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal/Low Fat (formerly on Medifast)
Start Date: 9/20/10
I like most of the Walden Farms products, you just have to keep in mind that it is diet food and isn't going to taste like the real thing. I really like the Honey Dijon dressing. I have used a bit with my chicken today and it has made day 1 very easy
CodyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Hi all, just a quick drive by as we have spent the entire day digging trenches/laying sand/mopping up flood waters in the house with towels as the house was flooding as well as the horse stalls... It finally turned back to snow and everything is drying up . I've got fans running in the basement (really the laundry room, there is no formal basement as we are built into the side of a hill....we're pretty beat/ Thank Goddess for alcohol.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post

I'm watching Men in Black II with the kiddios. . it is kinda/sorta good in a weird kinda/sorta way. . Will Smith is quite funny and kinda/sorta cute, too!! eheheh
My 'dad' (Mom's DH number three) loves the MIB movies....me, once was enough...do love Will Smith tho, Wild Wild West is a keeper!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
No mini cupcakes peeps-TOM has eventually decided to vist! ............not really sure which smiley to put there!
they don't have an aaargh sniley........how about
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
So angry at the minute...silly family row, but it made me want to sabotage my diet...I haven’t but it would have been easy to do so...learning my triggers.
LOL 'row', you UK gals are learnin' us up good (redneck phraseology there for ya) tell them all you are the boss...make them watch Supernanny rerunsor Nanny McPhee!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Good job makeme!!! Dont let anything get in you way of getting what you want! Sorry for the troubles tho!

Good Luck with the meatzza!!! Let us know what you come up with!
meatzza lovin that!
Quote:
Your already up and at em!!! You must be feeling better- I hope!!!
So, I hopped on the scale today and it gave me some bad news. Up 2 - 140. I knew I shouldnt have gotten on the darn thing. Not changing my stats though! I've been doing the same old thing. Coffee, CL, Chicken (but I did add hot sauce the last 2 days)
I know from experience that the scale flucuates. So newbies, dont get discouraged if this happens to you. Just keep going and you will be presently surprised in a few days with a big whoosh! (at least thats what Im hoping for)

Come on Peeps! Lets rock this!!!
don't change them Al there is a whoosh on the horizon.........yay

Quote:
Hi CC!!!! thanks for always makin us smile!!!!!!!
I'm doing my job well, thenI feel it is my role here
Quote:
Thanks Al...nothing serious...laying the law down with my young son (11). He knows that I'm a softie and pushes the boundaries sometimes, but I have decided that he is at the age where I really need to put my foot down, for his own good you know...so he is confined to his room for the rest of the day and I have removed all the little "luxuries" like games and stuff for the next week (I already limit week time play). What most annoyed me is that other half did not back me up as much as I would of liked because I am afraid he is also a bit into Xbox...I warned him that’s why its called the Xbox, lol...if he is not careful, he will soon end up one.
O that's tough...my BFF's DH is a super weenie when it comes to her DH then when she breaks out the discipline it's meltdown city, not so good
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyJo View Post
Day 1 is going great so far! I got some ketostix so I can test when I am deep in ketosis. This will be a great time for me to figure out my max carb level too (when I transition back off Stillmans.)

Question for you all...have you successfully used Walden Farms Dressings? (0 cal/0 fat /0c carb)
CJ there is no 'deep' ketosis, you are either there or not. Deeper color=dehydration. Have you had the screaming induction headache as your body exhausts available carbs to burn and frantically switches to fat? It's a better indicator if you are there.
The general consensus is WF products suck big time and we make our own dressings and condiments. Someone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong but if I am correct none of us use them. If you read the ingredients you will be shocked to find what you are paying big bucks for.

I may be back but if not, good night and meat dreams. MMS and GT are already in meat dreamland......may the thin fairy visit us all!

Last edited by CCGirl; 03-06-2011 at 06:33 PM..
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #364
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbassplayer
Stats: 209/187/160
Start Date: 5/5/10
GT, she's doing awesome. She took some kind of standarized test at school and scored in the top 1% in the nation. We are so proud. Of course, we cant take credit for her intelligence or her looks since we adopted her but we are proud anyway.
bigbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:00 PM   #365
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbassplayer
Stats: 209/187/160
Start Date: 5/5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Al you are on a roll! yeah I'll take a QP with pickles...maybe two

GT maybe you should change to Getting Some

send the fairy my way!

GT thankx for the tip, switching to skim from now on!

Holy Cow, Batman! Look who's back!

BBP, seriously you have no idea how worried I (we) were when you dissappeared. I know that the loss of your friend took it's toll.Many prayers were sent your way. I am so glad to see your are still around.

70 lbs. kicked outta here! WTG!

yesterday is the past, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present...

The bone-in chuck steak or roast is one of the more economical cuts of beef. In the United Kingdom, this part is commonly referred to as "braising steak". It is particularly popular for use as ground beef, due to its richness of flavor and balance of meat and fat.

Chuck steak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
CC, I'll be honest, it was tough for a while, until I found out he slept with my exwife while we were married. He's lucky he lived this long.
bigbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:35 PM   #366
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CodyJo
Stats: Start 310 lbs/ Goal 180 lbs/ Current 237 lbs
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal/Low Fat (formerly on Medifast)
Start Date: 9/20/10
My strips are saying I am in a mild state of Ketosis now, so that is great! I did get a small headache this morning, but 2 Aleeve took care of that.

I even went out to dinner with my husband tonight & ordered just a grilled chicken breast. The waiter didn't make me feel odd either, which has been an issue ordering off menu at places.

I made my hubby hide the bathroom scale until Wednesday. I am getting too obsessed with it. Also, we got an XBOX Kinect today. I have to say that I much prefer it to the Wii. The Kinect Adventures game is really fun!

Hope everyone else had a great day Day 1 of Stillmans for me is a success!
CodyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:32 AM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
My hubby is an xbox junkie too!!!

Im trying hard to start early and lay down the law now!!! It so hard sometimes to back up my little threats, but the little ones need it or they will walk all over us in their teens. Raising my voice doesnt help, and I dont like to anyway, so I found that taking away the toys is the only thing I can do. Works on my son, but my daughter could care less. She'll sit on her bed and look out the window and be content, she is so stubborn. If I threaten no snack, that doesnt even work on her. She's only 4 so the timeouts dont last long.
So funny! I have a 19 year old girl and I have always secretly joked that if I had my son first, I would have had no more children. My daughter (I know you might find it hard to believe), never threw tantrums and was really easy to guide through the younger years...my son however, was sent to try me... He use to throw wappa tantrums before he could even walk. I use to have to hold him to stop him banging his head or he would quite happily have banged it on the floor or the walls and it was not like "let him do it once he won't do it again", oh he would have. You know when he had his baby jabs he did not even blink when they gave them to him...a little odd don't ya think? I don't want to paint a picture of a little Damien child here, he really is a charming and well mannered young man but when they get to this age (he is at the very beginning of puberty) you need to be even more careful not to slip or it can happen that one becomes a doormat!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:34 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Not planned for another couple of years-but lets just say if there was a surprise I wouldn't be too upset!! Daddy cupcake, now hmmmm!!!
I'm sure he'd be thrilled.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:40 AM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
and yay on not giving in!
I caved yesterday evening. Don't want to talk about what I ate. Back to it this morning. Hoping if anything, I will have just gained a bit of water weight but I am avoiding the scales today...TOM arrived yesterday also. lets see what tomorrow brings.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:41 AM   #370
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
GT, she's doing awesome. She took some kind of standarized test at school and scored in the top 1% in the nation. We are so proud. Of course, we cant take credit for her intelligence or her looks since we adopted her but we are proud anyway.
And so you should!!! Wow!! And have you ever heard of the 'nature versus nurture' saying?? So I'm sure you and your wife will help her realise her true potential.
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:42 AM   #371
Big Yapper!!!!

CC-sorry you're flooded. Hope it's not too bad.................and that it hasn't reached the shoe closet!!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:44 AM   #372
Big Yapper!!!!

Cody, i second what CC said about ketosis-it's like being pregnant-you either are or your not!
And about the dressings-def make your own!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:45 AM   #373
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
CC, I'll be honest, it was tough for a while, until I found out he slept with my exwife while we were married. He's lucky he lived this long.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:47 AM   #374
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I even went out to dinner with my husband tonight & ordered just a grilled chicken breast. The waiter didn't make me feel odd either, which has been an issue ordering off menu at places.

!
i always get the weird looks and questions!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:49 AM   #375
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
You know when he had his baby jabs he did not even blink when they gave them to him...a little odd don't ya think?
Old 03-07-2011, 02:50 AM   #376
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I caved yesterday evening. Don't want to talk about what I ate. Back to it this morning. Hoping if anything, I will have just gained a bit of water weight but I am avoiding the scales today...TOM arrived yesterday also. lets see what tomorrow brings.
just put yesterday behind you!!
Old 03-07-2011, 03:01 AM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Day 1 is going great so far! I got some ketostix so I can test when I am deep in ketosis. This will be a great time for me to figure out my max carb level too (when I transition back off Stillmans.)

Question for you all...have you successfully used Walden Farms Dressings? (0 cal/0 fat /0c carb)
I have a few of them here but I have never really found a great one. The only one that I think is ok and have actually even had a bit of a thing for is the Tomato sauce. I use to have it with bacon and eggs and it worked great...but it did not seem to work well with much else, I don't know why?? It did not stall me. The others are just sitting in the fridge. I have Blue Cheese dip, Sweet Onion dressing, BBQ sauce, Italian Sun Dried Tomato dressing and Marinara sauce. Has anyone tried a good one?

Last edited by makemeslim; 03-07-2011 at 03:05 AM..
Old 03-07-2011, 03:14 AM   #378
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

And yes my other half has an xbox too -and worshipps it! And remember we have no kids so he has no excuse to have one! And all his friends r the same!!! When I come home they're like oh hi-and how long are you off this time-in otherwards please go back to Germany so we can get back to xbox, movies and beer in your house!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 03:29 AM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGrey View Post
I feel very thin right now. It's a good feeling!
Old 03-07-2011, 03:31 AM   #380
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I find QWL very easy once Im in the groove (and Im groovin right now) What to do after QWL is the tough part for me. You guys are gonna have to keep me in check when the time comes. I dont want to do this again..

im on my knees beggin!
Go Al, Go!
Old 03-07-2011, 03:35 AM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
OMG...that must have been so hard to deal with.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:37 AM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
My strips are saying I am in a mild state of Ketosis now, so that is great! I did get a small headache this morning, but 2 Aleeve took care of that.

I made my hubby hide the bathroom scale until Wednesday. I am getting too obsessed with it. Also, we got an XBOX Kinect today. I have to say that I much prefer it to the Wii. The Kinect Adventures game is really fun!

Hope everyone else had a great day Day 1 of Stillmans for me is a success!
Well done Codyjo!
Old 03-07-2011, 03:40 AM   #383
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
CC-sorry you're flooded. Hope it's not too bad.................and that it hasn't reached the shoe closet!!
Must have missed that bit, bit scatty brained this morning. I'm sorry too.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:43 AM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
just put yesterday behind you!!
Thanks GT.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:34 AM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Wow, you must be really proud. Well done to your daughter!
Old 03-07-2011, 05:29 AM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

Bored as a tart but loads to do...
Old 03-07-2011, 06:06 AM   #387
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Bored as a tart ..
Old 03-07-2011, 06:21 AM   #388
Big Yapper!!!!

Peeps, i am soooooo happy! I smiled all the way to work! Yes peeps I'm a simpleton-the little things make me happy! I measured myself this morning-and in the last couple of weeks I have lost inhes!!! i've been really upping the Callanetics(gotta say, I was wondering would it ever work, but it does, who knew?!) I could feel that my super skinnies-that seriously,I could barely breathe in after Xmas were def getting loser-and now longer,weird! Guess it's cos they're loser! But when I measured it just was not showing up on the tape!
Anyway I lost an inch from my bra strap, an inch from my waist (i now have Posh's waist measurement! -now if I just had the rest!) an inch and a half from my hips and nearly 2inches from each thigh!!!!
I was googling a while back for size zero measurements-yes i know i shouldn't blah...! Anyway they come up as 31-23-33.........so I'm only a couple of inches off (brastrap&hips)......2yrs ago I never would have even dreamed that!!!!!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 03-07-2011, 06:30 AM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Peeps, i am soooooo happy! I smiled all the way to work! Yes peeps I'm a simpleton-the little things make me happy! I measured myself this morning-and in the last couple of weeks I have lost inhes!!! i've been really upping the Callanetics(gotta say, I was wondering would it ever work, but it does, who knew?!) I could feel that my super skinnies-that seriously,I could barely breathe in after Xmas were def getting loser-and now longer,weird! Guess it's cos they're loser! But when I measured it just was not showing up on the tape!
Anyway I lost an inch from my bra strap, an inch from my waist (i now have Posh's waist measurement! -now if I just had the rest!) an inch and a half from my hips and nearly 2inches from each thigh!!!!
I was googling a while back for size zero measurements-yes i know i shouldn't blah...! Anyway they come up as 31-23-33.........so I'm only a couple of inches off (brastrap&hips)......2yrs ago I never would have even dreamed that!!!!!!!
So, so happy for you, I really am...you deserve it! But you keep your skinny measurements to yourself, you hear!

Last edited by makemeslim; 03-07-2011 at 06:51 AM..
Old 03-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #390
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Oh GT!!! That is fantastic!!!! No one deserves it more than you, and youve inspired me once again. I will get into an exercise routine. I have too. I thought I was stuck with my legs forever, and you have proven we can get what we want. (but its gonna take work, I know) Job well done!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote