Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2011, 04:04 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Myungsunkim22
WOE: Medifast/Stillman's
New to Stillman's- a few Questions! ^_^

Hi there!

I am currently doing Medifast (lost about 70lbs initially) and gained some weight back over the holidays. I was introduced to the Stillman diet by a fellow MFer who uses it to break her plateaus and now I'm very interested! I will go back to Medifast after breaking this plateau!

I am reading all the "rules" for the plan and love how simple it seems!

I have a FEW questions!

1) What is the BEST kind of cottage cheese to use? Non-fat seems to have a lot of carbs (I've used this as my Lean before for MF and opted for low-fat instead). Also, is there a limited amount? I notice that it says you can have as much as you want, but realistically, what seems to work best for you?

2) Canned Tuna: Same as above- how much do you think would be too much? I LOVE tuna!

3) EXERCISE!! I am doing a Warrior Dash run in July so I want to start going back to the gym. I usually run for about 30 minutes (about a 5k) and/or do ellipticals. On Medifast, exercise is limited...how about on Stillman's?

Thank you for any advice you can give!! I wasn't able to find the answers for these in the "official" documents so thank you!!!

~Kelsey
Myungsunkim22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2011, 06:04 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hi Kelsey! Congratulations on such a remarkable loss and welcome to the group! On this diet, the lower your fat intake, the quicker the results. Stillman was much more concerned with fat, then the few carbs we would get in the cheese or condiments. (he even allows ketchup, but I dont go there )

You can exercise on Stillmans, but you may feel fatigue after a while do to the lack of fat. I would try it and see how it goes. Quite a few of us were able to lose 40-50 pounds in 4-6 months, without it.

Fellow tuna eater here! So glad you like it cause its my staple right now, along with chicken. I dont think you can eat too much of it! I have eaten 2 cans at a time or the family pack pouch.

I can't answer your questions exactly, but there are some great members in the Feb. thread that Im sure can! Jump right in!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:06 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

BTW- what was your menu like for medifast cause those are some awesome results!!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 11:24 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Myungsunkim22
WOE: Medifast/Stillman's
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
BTW- what was your menu like for medifast cause those are some awesome results!!!!
Thanks for all the info/advice! ^_^

I saw your stats- you're just an inch taller than me! I'm 5'1 and it sucks to be short, since our goal weights have to be so much lower. My initial goal weight IS 125 but I'll probably lower it to 115 too!

Have you heard of Medifast before? It's actually a plan where you eat 5 Medifast Meals a day plus a "Lean & Green" which consists of protein & veggies! Here's the website!

Medifast Official Site | Quick, Easy Clinically Proven Weight Loss

It SEEMS pricey at first but it's definitely worth it. I started out at 198 lbs and that much weight on MY height/frame was NOT good...and even though I'm at around 144 now, it's still a whole different way of life for me now! I'm 22 so it's good that I found that early!

YAY for tuna!! ^_^
Myungsunkim22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:26 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the info on Medi!! Im glad you decided to do Stillmans for just the cost of meat, and free endless hugs and support! Dont forget to check out February. A lot of us miss these single threads. Not on purpose, of course!!!

So, we do have the same stats!! I went down from 189 - 113 on Stillmans. Took me 9 months (with higher fat days). The first 60 came off fairly quick, then it was slow moving. 125 was a good weight for me (although I complained at the time)

The height does make it that much more difficult!! For sure!! but this plan works and you will get to where you want to be!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lilnurse
Stats: 202/197/160
WOE: Stillman Diet (The Doctor's Quick Weight Loss Diet
Start Date: 02/28/2011
Ale~ How much weight did you lose in first 2 months? Just curious.
lilnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CodyJo
Stats: Start 310 lbs/ Goal 180 lbs/ Current 237 lbs
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal/Low Fat (formerly on Medifast)
Start Date: 9/20/10
I did Medifast too and lost 66 lbs in 20 weeks. I stopped using Medifast products, but still follow similar guidelines. Towards the end of my time on Medifast to now my weight loss had slowed and I am afraid I may have hit a plateau. I am going to do Stillmans to break my stall. I plan to do Stillmans for 2 weeks, from 3/6 to 3/19.
CodyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi CodyJo! Congrats on your loss with Medifast! Looking forward to seeing you on the March thread as you start your Stillman journey. Stillman= amazing results!!
Old 03-05-2011, 04:30 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnurse View Post
Ale~ How much weight did you lose in first 2 months? Just curious.
Hey lilnurse!!! Sorry I didnt spot this sooner.. Just checked my journal and I lost 28 pounds in 8 weeks. How are you makin out? The best part of Stillmans is the constant support we get here. A girl could go crazy eatin tuna all alone! Check in!!
Old 03-05-2011, 12:01 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lilnurse
Stats: 202/197/160
WOE: Stillman Diet (The Doctor's Quick Weight Loss Diet
Start Date: 02/28/2011
Thanks! I messed up yesterday, but I am back at it again.
lilnurse is offline   Reply With Quote