Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #181
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
WARNING

QWL may lead to

obsessive fashionista impulses and behaviour
watching biographies of divas and models (now watching Tyra for great hair)
excessive gifts of large clothing to charity that was once considered a safe haven to hide in
excessive purchases of sexy shoes and skinny jeans
hatred feelings from close friends and relatives

GO GIRLS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lovin it!!!!! we rock!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #182
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, Im exhausted but I feel good. made it through another glorious meat day! thanks for being here for me girlies!!! It was nice to hang out all day and night. cant beleive Im still up. Perhaps Im ketosising with Jeanie!!!

The most important thing to remember is to check in!!! Stillmans is tough and we shouldnt have to do it alone!!!!

I'll be back tomorrow!! lets make it cheat free!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Its not that I wanted to do it, more like its just what happened..

the one I read a while back is available free online. "the fast-5 diet" by Bert Herring

I didnt/dont follow it exactly, cause I drink cream in my coffee and thats my breakfast, but as far as food goes, it is just easier for me to not eat all day. (this usually happens more when Im at work or have a day Im not at home with a full fridge) If we're talking real hunger and not just wanting to eat, or feeling like I should eat, Im probably good till 4 or even 6PM. Then I would have my real dinner around 8..I cant say i ever truly fast cause Im usually drinking coffee or Crystal light inbetween...

The only time I eat food for breakfast is when Im cheating.

I guess its skipping meals like this that made me never believe in the "you should eat 6 small meals a day". I cant eat like that. some of you can, but not me. I would rather go without and then have a nice big full plate for dinner with seconds. and I mean that. I can eat the whole days worth in one shot. Then Im full and go to bed happy. I get in trouble though cause if I eat throughout the day, I still want that big portion come dinner.

Dont think my metabolism got messed up skipping meals. But maybe Im just lucky.

Hopefully Milo will come back with more info and useful advice!!!.
I don't have much more to say because you said all the things I would have.

There are a bunch of different ways you can fast, my favorite being the daily eating window, a la Fast 5: Welcome to the Fast-5 website | Fast-5 Life

I've never been a breakfast eater, but have always heard how it's the most important meal of the day, and how people who maintain their weight loss all have breakfast. So for awhile I was forcing myself to have breakfast, which would just make me hungrier throughout the day. It's so much easier for me to not eat than it is for me to eat a little bit, and then have to moderate my eating all day. (It's the same reason I quit drinking...it's impossible for me to moderate once I start).

Another good IF resource is The Lean Saloon | Intermittent Fasting. Liberate Your Life..

Fasting is not scary, I promise. I fasted for 2 whole days last week and felt fine...I even did the 30 Day Shred workout! For every pound that you're overweight, that's 3,500 calories stored away that your body is not burning. You could actually safely fast 1 day for every pound you are overweight.

I bet Stillman's combined with IF'ing would be the most powerful fat burner ever!
milo_juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:42 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
I'm still here. I got back on the all-meat wagon yesterday, like I said. I'm just a little bummed this morning because I decided to be a big girl and face my weight after the "slip up". I am now 127.6, which is a lb MORE than when I first started weighing myself a week ago. *sigh*. I obviously won't make the 120 goal I set for this Friday. Let this be a lesson to all here- don't eff things up, even if you are really going crazy! Don't be like me and gain 5 lbs in three days- just don't.

And, I might add, that is with me jogging 30 minutes daily (on day 21 for that). Which one of you mentioned that exercise could make it harder to lose weight? I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one- it was adding jogging to the mix of atkins induction-style eating that got me down to my lowest weight last summer.

I mean, besides allowing my muscles to shrink along with my fat stores, how would it benefit me? Unfortunately, I'm one of the unlucky few who has a huge problem with leg cellulite (icky!), and I mean it. It's not pretty. I feel like exercise might be the only way to tighten that area up, kwim?

On another note, I'm considering today a fresh start. My pee stick barely turned the slightest shade of pink this morning, but I read a poster on another lcf group's opinion: being in ketosis is like being pregnant: you either are, or you are not. That makes me feel a little better.

Okay, I'm going to try a mini-fast thing. I will have my morning coffee, and skip breakfast entirely. I will eat a little for lunch because I won't get home until after 7. If I could get my butt to bed without eating that would be great!
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:18 AM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
emk, I'm with ya. I have to stop the free for all eating. Nice to know that it will work for maintenance tho.

I've never been a big fan of breakfast either. The LC way was like an excuse to eat it.

I have to concur with Al, too....six meals a day isn't my style. I don't like a big meal after dark....it's psychological, mostly....one of those old diet myths, eat at night and you're wearing it the next morning, bla bla bla. I'm a big lunch gal. I get hungry around ten a.m. then again around one.
I even had to train mom to listen to herself for hunger...another one programmed for three a day no matter what. I still like the theory 'eat when you're hungry.' The trick for most is learning what hunger really feels like.
Have a great day y'all....off to check out the fasting sites-thanks Milo for posting them!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:30 AM   #186
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Peeps!!!

First things first. Christinas avi has got to go! Who botches up the National Anthem!!!??!!! unbelievable....

Second.... I like the Black Eyed Peas and all, but someone told me GLEE was doing half time.. so a little disappointed. yes I was...

Third... I am really lovin Skylar Grey.. For those who havent heard of her, she actually wrote the Eminem and Rihanna "Love the way you Lie". Shes got a great voice and I think she'll be going places.. So... no more blonde avis for a while..

Fourth.... Im ready for another meat day!! I am so siked. This is it folks. Im ready to make my touchdown! I stayed up late. I got up early. I am in the zone!!

Fifth.... Im colorin the hair today and I think Im gonna get my nails done. Ive been quite frumpy for a few months and its time to get girlie again!!!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:31 AM   #187
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
I'm still here.
well I sure hope so!!! your stuck here. Your one of us now! Not allowed to go anywhere!!

Old 02-07-2011, 05:38 AM   #188
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm not into the true fasting thing. Skipping meals OK, but my body needs meat!!! I also say this coming from a Mom standpoint though. I need all the energy I can to keep up with things around here!! Thats why its also inevitable that I add fat to this diet because lean meat alone for weeks does eventually make me weak..

But then again, Milo felt fine runnin with Jillian. maybe I should try it!!!

Last edited by aleriaaa; 02-07-2011 at 05:39 AM..
Old 02-07-2011, 05:45 AM   #189
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
The trick for most is learning what hunger really feels like.
We, as in us on meat , might have to look at it this way.... if chicken or steak sound good at any moment, then were hungry! eat up! if it doesnt sound good, were not really hungry so dont.

carbs trick us into thinking we're hungry...even after we just ate. so evil...
Old 02-07-2011, 05:48 AM   #190
Blabbermouth!!!

and Im off.....hittin the ground runnin....

BBL
Old 02-07-2011, 05:50 AM   #191
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
[QUOTE=CCGirl;

OMG GT what DID you wear today pray tell? Pumps and a skirt with a pink HK cardi I hope
It was 38 today and I was in and out with jeans and a tee shirt at one point.

[/QUOTE]

Noooo! Black ASOS shorts (black tights obviously!) and a fine-knit sweater from Topshop, creamy striped with a pick of Eifel tower on it and my shoe-boots! And a beret-to hide the roots! He! Now ye know!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:51 AM   #192
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
WARNING

QWL may lead to

obsessive fashionista impulses and behaviour
watching biographies of divas and models (now watching Tyra for great hair)
excessive gifts of large clothing to charity that was once considered a safe haven to hide in
excessive purchases of sexy shoes and skinny jeans
hatred feelings from close friends and relatives

GO GIRLS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love Tyra!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:53 AM   #193
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Did I ever tell you guys my fear of crossing the street? Not cause I think Im gonna die, but I hate having the people in the car watch me walk...
OMG!! Spewing tea! I you!!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:54 AM   #194
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
go Al, here's a slap on the butt for ya! I know you've been a bit bewitched, bothered and bewildered lately, but as a team leader amd QWL star............you are a hero for us. We need you.
:
What she said!!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:56 AM   #195
Big Yapper!!!!

Why am I the weirdo!!!!! I have to eat breakfast-i'm starving in the mornings!!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:59 AM   #196
Big Yapper!!!!

Emky, exercise makes you gain a bit at the beginning-your muscles hold onto water or something! I know it's soooo frustrating-believe me I do!! But it will even out! I'm a true believer in exercise ,it makes you smaller and tighter! Hang in there! (talking to myself here too!)
Old 02-07-2011, 06:05 AM   #197
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Morning Peeps!!!

First things first. Christinas avi has got to go! Who botches up the National Anthem!!!??!!! unbelievable....

Second.... I like the Black Eyed Peas and all, but someone told me GLEE was doing half time.. so a little disappointed. yes I was...

Third... I am really lovin Skylar Grey.. For those who havent heard of her, she actually wrote the Eminem and Rihanna "Love the way you Lie". Shes got a great voice and I think she'll be going places.. So... no more blonde avis for a while..

Fourth.... Im ready for another meat day!! I am so siked. This is it folks. Im ready to make my touchdown! I stayed up late. I got up early. I am in the zone!!

Fifth.... Im colorin the hair today and I think Im gonna get my nails done. Ive been quite frumpy for a few months and its time to get girlie again!!!
Oooh how did she mess up?? The words, I'm thinking-i mean the girl can sing!
Love "love the way you lie"-is she your avi??
I dyed my hair last night-is is ash blonde peeps??? Nope it is not!! My roots look suspiciously red!!
Enjoy getting your nails done! I'm too mean to get mine done professionally-always have them painted tho! I love the really dark colours, and unfortunately I kinda have a penchant for Chanel polishes!
Old 02-07-2011, 06:08 AM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Morning Peeps!!!

LOL poor Christina........botched anthem AND looking so horribly gothwhat happened to the good old days when she was fresh and adorable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Noooo! Black ASOS shorts (black tights obviously!) and a fine-knit sweater from Topshop, creamy striped with a pick of Eifel tower on it and my shoe-boots! And a beret-to hide the roots! He! Now ye know!
O to be able to show some leg.......you deserve it!I don't dare, my thighs are still marriedwill not do shorts or leggings til they get divorced, or at least a separation

Here's our lass wiping the floor with their hearts in Deutschland....GT could this be you as a brunette?

Old 02-07-2011, 06:15 AM   #199
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

O to be able to show some leg.......you deserve it!I don't dare, my thighs are still marriedwill not do shorts or leggings til they get divorced, or at least a separation

Here's our lass wiping the floor with their hearts in Deutschland....GT could this be you as a brunette?

too funny! I just finally gave into leggings-i'm still not a major fan, and I'm really paranoid about my thighs when I wear them, or anything short, for that matter! People prb think I'm really vain cos I'm always looking in mirrors or shop windows!
I will never be a brunette-was once, years ago-actually it was kind of a coppery brown! Loooooove the outfit though! And the boots-me want!

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 02-07-2011 at 06:16 AM..
Old 02-07-2011, 06:21 AM   #200
Big Yapper!!!!

CC, do ye have shoes called Irregular Choice?? They are really fun shoes, unusual! I love them! You can check them out at Schuh.co.uk
Old 02-07-2011, 06:21 AM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL me too-always looking/paranoid; if I was your size/weight my house would be like a disco-mirrors everywhere
Old 02-07-2011, 06:24 AM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
CC, do ye have shoes called Irregular Choice?? They are really fun shoes, unusual! I love them! You can check them out at Schuh.co.uk
not that I am aware of........unless they're low end (see Payless shoes...crappy shoes for the same that you'd pay at TJMaxx for good/better ones) which I am sure you would never wear

checking it out now..........
Old 02-07-2011, 06:27 AM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O wow wild wild wild! Here's a milder style.........

Irregular Choice Alphabite Tapestry
Old 02-07-2011, 06:32 AM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

L49 and on sale....how do you gals afford anything over there? How much is a dozen eggs? $1.09 at Aldi here.........= 0.68 pounds UK........so that pair of heels is 78.9 US holy cow I could never do that.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:50 AM   #205
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rebeccadeel
Stats: 267/167/117
WOE: stillmans qwl
ugh superbowl i hate you. i had exactly 1billion carbs yesterday and i feel like **** today. back to meat. my goal of losing 20 in 2 weeks prob not happening since i have 9 days left and i've lost 0 after yesterdays 12 hour carb binge.
rebeccadeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:58 AM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yesterday is the past and today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

No fear, Bebe; here's a hand to help you up and a boot in the a$$ to keep you going forward
Old 02-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
Maybe one day this week I'll have an all egg day, but for now, I'm back on the meat. Coffee & EZ-Sweetz for breakfast, hard boiled eggs and tuna for the rest of the afternooon, and then class this evening. I usually prefer the 5pm-10pm eating window, but I'd rather not be sneaking hard boiled eggs while I'm listening to a lecture.

I read this tip on the main lowcarb lobby: eating psyllium husk mixed with your food instead of in a beverage. I can't stand the texture of psyllium in drinks ::shudder::, but I do like the extra fiber it provides on Stillman's. I'm thinking about mixing some psyllium into an omelet this week. Let me know if anyone tries it!

My band is playing our first show on the 19th. I'm so excited! I haven't picked out what I'm going to wear because I don't know what size I'll be, and my closet is full of different sizes. It's good motivation to remain STRICT until then. I'm also going to keep chugging away at Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.

Let's all have a great month!
milo_juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:55 PM   #208
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
Day 3 and down 6lbs!! Mentally I feel good, but physically I have a little less stamina than normal. Turkey bacon blech
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Emky, exercise makes you gain a bit at the beginning-your muscles hold onto water or something! I know it's soooo frustrating-believe me I do!! But it will even out! I'm a true believer in exercise ,it makes you smaller and tighter! Hang in there! (talking to myself here too!)

I'm glad you told me that- I was going to quit exercising altogether! I didn't exercise this morning, but that's only the second time in exactly three weeks. I'm sure my body enjoyed the break, so I shouldn't feel too bad!

Meat, meat, and more meat today. My menu:

1 lb well-drained ground beef (I had to eat breakfast- I was ravenous)
small amount of deli turkey
1 large chicken breast cooked in a little olive oil
1 egg

And I'm calling that good for today- I'm off to bed. I you guys. I am so grateful to be back on track- I really do feel so much better when I'm not stuffed on the bad gunk!
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:28 AM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Day 3 and down 6lbs!! Mentally I feel good, but physically I have a little less stamina than normal. Turkey bacon blech
WTG YOU ARE THE BOOT UP THE A$$ I need. As you guys know I have been quite poorly, been in bed for six days... got up this morning and ate a bowl of pasta (yesterdays leftovers), I don't know why??? But as of now...I mean this second I am back to Stillys Hardcore style, I need to shed some pounds. At some stage today I will weigh myself and face the numbers! Well done again Jeaniem!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote