Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
So, I'm having a difficult day and I'm not sure why. I keep feeling tight in my chest, but I'm pretty sure it's just anxiety (which I have a history of). I'm not overly stressed or anything, but my cravings are suddenly up pretty high again. All day I've had visions of cheating, which are compounded by my family parading tons of junk food in front of me. As I type this, they are eating cookie dough (they're making homemade cookies) and making comments like "Mmm, isn't cookie dough just the most delicious thing?!" Sometimes I swear they do that just to rub it in my face (they don't approve of my eating habits).

I made a promise to myself that I won't really cave- I'm too good for that crap! I'm on Day 18 for chrissakes and I won't let their bad intentions/eating habits destroy my goal.

On that note, I did eat about 6 pieces of broccoli with a little full-fat dill dip about an hour ago. Doing that made me feel like I got away with a cheat, and helped relieve some of the anxiety my family is causing me. I also had a diet pepsi.

Okay, there...I've confessed my sins. Someone please tell me I did alright considering the circumstances- I really need some support today!

Today's menu:
Turkey patty
2 eggs
1/2 lb. ground beef
3 small (fat squeezed out) sausages
2 egg white fluff
small amount broccoli w/ dill dip
O girl you are fine! Try pricking the sausage skins and simmering in water for 10-20 minutes to get the salt and fat out. You will actually taste the meat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccadeel View Post
haha i am 22!
Hey y'all we just had a new baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Hi Ladies!
Hope I am not too old for this thread Starting tomorrow. I don't know exactly what I weigh but will check tomorrow and update my stats. Do you all really lose as fast as the book claims, and do you feel hungry? thanks
YMMV and 'zakly what's too old(it's a trick question!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Yeah, we could call it...Makemesick!
hope you're feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Well you've got the Hollywood teeth!
so jealous-MMS do you whiten? They look natural to me...

Quote:
Hey!!! We're not all alkies!!
Awwwwww, GEEZ GT give me SOME credit, we're not all rednecks here eitheralthough the ratios are slipping...I blame pajama pants in public.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
about the cholesterol- Im not worried about it when Im "on meat". Our cholesterol will go up eating this way, no doubt about it, but its not a bad thing. It will actually go up just for losing a lot of weight quickly too but will come back down again and even itself out. Can't give the science behind it- sorry. bet CC could..
You rang?
from Second Opinions UK, Barry Groves' site-

Comparisons of the health and longevity of cultures with different dietary habits confirms that meat eaters can expect to live longer than vegetarians and don't need to visit their doctors as often as vegetarians. And, by the way, vegetarians have exactly the same risk of colon cancer as meat eaters.

The Cholesterol Myth: Part 2: Dietary Fats and Heart Disease - Second Opinions, UK

short version-
Scientists at the University of Wisconsin also believe that CLA has a slimming action. They put the dramatic increase in obesity in the USA down to Americans not eating beef fat.

Scientists at the Department of Surgical Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, New York and the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, New Jersey Medical School, showed that even at concentrations of less than one percent, CLA in the diet is protective against several cancers including breast cancer, colorectal cancer and malignant melanoma.

Many laboratories have shown that diets high in polyunsaturates promote tumours. It has been known since the early 1970s that it is linoleic acid that is the major culprit. As Professor Raymond Kearney of Sydney University put it in 1987:

"Vegetable oils (eg Corn oil and sunflower oil) which are rich in linoleic acid are potent promoters of tumour growth."

Margarine use began around the turn of the century. Butter was expensive. The poor bought margarine as a substitute for butter and sales were brisk. The rapid rise in margarine consumption was followed a couple of decades later by that dramatic rise in heart disease deaths.

Quote:
I have actually thought, how could I give advice or try to help when my stats say 140!?!! and probably the reason Ive been so quiet for a while. Im really bummed about that number. sigh.. anyway.. Its good that a lot of us have already tried Stillmans before and done it right so we know it really works.

I wish some of our old friends would check in to remind us how great it worked for them too!!! hint.hint..
Experience counts! Just cuz yer not there (goal) now does not.

Quote:
almost forgot! how is everyone going to handle keeping the munchies under control for the superbowl??

I wont be partaking in any tailgaiting..Just working hard and then I'll be home in time for the GLEE halftime show!!!! Gonna miss Christinas national anthem unless I can stream it here at work.. She is doing it right?
I shoveled snow for like two hours today so I'm 1000 cals ahead of any intake.
I had breakfast and I have 4 pounds of wings in the oven. Have eaten about 1 so far

Last edited by CCGirl; 02-06-2011 at 02:19 PM..
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

have to change today's catch pic, I went fishing this morning
Old 02-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #153
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
THANK YOU FOR THIS!!! I'm going to reread this post whenever I'm struggling.

If anyone is having issues with being hungry all the time, I've found that intermittent fasting has been extremely helpful with keeping my appetite in check.
Your welcome! Im always worried with my rambling posts that I'll annoy or turn people off! (theres the worrier in me )

I can agree to the intermittant fasting. If I eat breakfast Im hungrier and hungrier as the day goes on!!! I read the Fast-5 at one point. (Eating within a 5 hour window) I can easily skip lunch too but try not to. And dont anyone dare get in my way of supper! that is when I NEED to eat!! and double portions at that.
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:51 PM   #154
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
I feel like I'm back to "normal" this afternoon and I've stuck to meat. May this be a great week for all!

PS- you can use crystal light in the egg fluff, but imo it tastes a little too tangy.
WOOHOO! Thats awesome!!

thanks for the CL tip! I still may have to try some green tea peach mango fluff!
Old 02-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #155
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
O girl you are fine! Try pricking the sausage skins and simmering in water for 10-20 minutes to get the salt and fat out. You will actually taste the meat!
Great tip CC!!! One that you mentioned before and I forgot!!! May have to pick up some sausage!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #156
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
O Experience counts! Just cuz yer not there (goal) now does not.

I shoveled snow for like two hours today so I'm 1000 cals ahead of any intake.
I had breakfast and I have 4 pounds of wings in the oven. Have eaten about 1 so far
Thanks girlfriend!! Im looking forward to getting to goal and then everyone will HAVE TO believe me... AGAIN!!

Go you for all that shoveling!! I have to admit, I have been enjoying my snow workouts. I cant exercise to save my life but shoveling, raking, etc... and Im good to go! You wouldnt believe my forearms. They are hard as rocks!! Cant wait for the next storm!! oh boy. I just jinxed us!!

yum wings... I was supposed to eat turkey tonight, but hubby cooked me up thighs! I will limit myself to 6.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #157
Blabbermouth!!!

and as always CC, thank you for the research to backup what we preach!! you rock!
Old 02-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

speaking of green tea peach mango... I cracked.. But one bottle is better than 10!!
Old 02-06-2011, 03:04 PM   #159
Blabbermouth!!!

and speaking of pajama pants in public..

I am blocked from the walmartians site!!!!

No fair. I really need to find another job... or get iphone service that actually works....

Verizon... I you.

AT&T - You rot!!
Old 02-06-2011, 03:06 PM   #160
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/145.6/?
WOE: lc
Hi everyone
Just finished the last of my food for the day and actually ended up saving a good bit of the meal for my lunch tomorrow. I couldn't finish it! Newbie effect still on my honeymoon.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #161
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi everyone
Just finished the last of my food for the day and actually ended up saving a good bit of the meal for my lunch tomorrow. I couldn't finish it! Newbie effect still on my honeymoon.
Heres to leftovers!!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #162
Blabbermouth!!!

Jeanie- you must already be ketosising! Awesome!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #163
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:

No fair. I really need to find another job... or get iphone service that actually works....

Verizon... I you.

AT&T - You rot!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:18 PM   #164
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Ah the beauty of ketosis!
Old 02-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #165
Big Yapper!!!!

Will I make ye jealous???? We had 55degrees today!!!! Oh it was sooooooooooooo good! You'd swear in was Summer though-ye should have seen the queues at the ice-cream cafes!! I did not indulge!!
Old 02-06-2011, 03:24 PM   #166
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Does it last or will I suddenly want to chew my arm off?
Old 02-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al tell us a little about the fasting...and, please, anyone else that has. Wouldn't it mess with your metabolism, making it harder to get into loss mode? Any references/reading material that made you want to do it? Thanks.

For Gwn and other friends in PA I am taking the Steelers tonight...but mostly because himself is taking Green Bay
Old 02-06-2011, 03:50 PM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks girlfriend!! Im looking forward to getting to goal and then everyone will HAVE TO believe me... AGAIN!!

Go you for all that shoveling!! I have to admit, I have been enjoying my snow workouts. I cant exercise to save my life but shoveling, raking, etc... and Im good to go! You wouldnt believe my forearms. They are hard as rocks!! Cant wait for the next storm!! oh boy. I just jinxed us!!

yum wings... I was supposed to eat turkey tonight, but hubby cooked me up thighs! I will limit myself to 6.
LOL I bot two HUGE trays (marked down, of course) of them today...nothing but beef in the freezer and I am cah raaaaving chicken........yummy fatty thigns.....SOOOOOOO GOOD!

I know what u mean about outdoor chores...it's actually more fun, and purpose.need driven. Of course, my back doesn't feel that way, but at this rate I will look like Schwarzenegger by spring!

Quote:
and as always CC, thank you for the research to backup what we preach!! you rock!
I just don't want everyone to think that Barry Groves is my only stop on the info highway. The thing that makes his work so poignant is that he actually backs his stuff up with evidence i.e. scientific research.

I LMAO'd at his remarks when interviewing the head of some nutritional government agancy in the UK about the need for five veggies a day when he said something ti the effect of the people were so unknowledgeable that to mention thier credentials could have possibly gotten them fired

Quote:

Verizon... I you.

AT&T - You rot!!
OMG I don't have to go there I see it live and unedited every time I go(hurling sound)is there an info site somewhere that teaches you how to look like trailer trash?or is it a natural gift?

ok I guess I'm staying with VZ, I was going to defect.......

Quote:
Hi everyone
newbie effect just learning the WOL...it really does last forever.

Jeannie, I don't know how far back you lurked but I hope you have studied up. What Stilly knew and the others before him (yes, the LC way actually dates back to the 1870's) will really turn your food IQ upside down!

Quote:
Will I make ye jealous???? We had 55degrees today!!!! Oh it was sooooooooooooo good! You'd swear in was Summer though-ye should have seen the queues at the ice-cream cafes!! I did not indulge!!
OMG GT what DID you wear today pray tell? Pumps and a skirt with a pink HK cardi I hope
It was 38 today and I was in and out with jeans and a tee shirt at one point.

Compared to the Carrhart insulated coverall (think a mechanic's one piece suit thingy) that is the usual..........

Quote:
only when you eat carbs

Last edited by CCGirl; 02-06-2011 at 03:55 PM..
Old 02-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #169
Blabbermouth!!!

What are you all eating? I see references to chicken thighs and such. I am following the QWL book that I have and it emphasizes low fat/high protein. Is it now believed we should eat higher fat?
Old 02-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

no, bebe, some of us do higher fat for a break.
The fastest losses are the QWL by the book, although the infamous fat fast pioneered by Dr.Atkins runs a close second.
If you can stomach (pun not intended) eating cream cheese and whipped cream for tree days in a row.........it sounds easy but, trust me, it's not.

Last edited by CCGirl; 02-06-2011 at 05:50 PM..
Old 02-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WARNING

QWL may lead to

obsessive fashionista impulses and behaviour
watching biographies of divas and models (now watching Tyra for great hair)
excessive gifts of large clothing to charity that was once considered a safe haven to hide in
excessive purchases of sexy shoes and skinny jeans
hatred feelings from close friends and relatives

GO GIRLS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by CCGirl; 02-06-2011 at 05:57 PM..
Old 02-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #172
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
What are you all eating? I see references to chicken thighs and such. I am following the QWL book that I have and it emphasizes low fat/high protein. Is it now believed we should eat higher fat?

QWL is definitely lean! I am not quite back to being strict so Im eating more fat at the moment. I am lucky where I can still lose (although much slower) with the fat. Some stall, but I think most of us can agree that we feel much better with it. So sorry to confuse you (or get your hopes up)

Just starting off, I would eat as lean as possible for as long as you can. If there is ever a time you feel sick or fatigue (or like lead legs) then you will most definitely need to eat some fat. Ribeye is the ultimate cure!!

I had the thighs, but removed the skin. Good thing hubby didnt crisp it up like I like it. Cant eat it unless its crispy, so today actually was pretty close to a QWL day. Hooray!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #173
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
jealous here!!! I slipped and almost fell on ice leaving work tonight!!! So embarrassing to cause there was a car waiting for me to cross the lot.

Did I ever tell you guys my fear of crossing the street? Not cause I think Im gonna die, but I hate having the people in the car watch me walk...
Old 02-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

go Al, here's a slap on the butt for ya! I know you've been a bit bewitched, bothered and bewildered lately, but as a team leader amd QWL star............you are a hero for us. We need you.
I now it's a huge burden, but, GT, chime in here anytime, you too are our evidence and proof that we can do it.
You both are my reason for peep toe heels...............
Old 02-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al, I see a disability lawsuit in your future...........make sure you sound like Fergie when you hit the pavement

Remember, they are watching you cuz yer HAWT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta go now..love y'all and newbies..........ya gotta STAY now, too many of you are the love em and leave em types

O where are our regulars Mim Gwn Yam Kamills my gallery friends are full of the deceased ones; how dare they leave us!
Like you got skinny and could just scoot? NOT! LCF's for life!!!!!!!!!!!!

there's a group led by Blugg (search for her posts) they have been together for YEARS and all look liike the desperate housewives (i.e. HOT) and STILL hang out

I want to grow old and slim with my LCF's!!!!!!!!

good night

sweet peep toe dreams!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #176
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for clarifying. I am one who can eat fatty meat and still be hungry soon after, so hopefully QWL won't be too hard. You guys are so cheerful and encouraging! Thanks again.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #177
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al tell us a little about the fasting...and, please, anyone else that has. Wouldn't it mess with your metabolism, making it harder to get into loss mode? Any references/reading material that made you want to do it? Thanks.
Its not that I wanted to do it, more like its just what happened..

the one I read a while back is available free online. "the fast-5 diet" by Bert Herring

I didnt/dont follow it exactly, cause I drink cream in my coffee and thats my breakfast, but as far as food goes, it is just easier for me to not eat all day. (this usually happens more when Im at work or have a day Im not at home with a full fridge) If we're talking real hunger and not just wanting to eat, or feeling like I should eat, Im probably good till 4 or even 6PM. Then I would have my real dinner around 8..I cant say i ever truly fast cause Im usually drinking coffee or Crystal light inbetween...

The only time I eat food for breakfast is when Im cheating.

I guess its skipping meals like this that made me never believe in the "you should eat 6 small meals a day". I cant eat like that. some of you can, but not me. I would rather go without and then have a nice big full plate for dinner with seconds. and I mean that. I can eat the whole days worth in one shot. Then Im full and go to bed happy. I get in trouble though cause if I eat throughout the day, I still want that big portion come dinner.

Dont think my metabolism got messed up skipping meals. But maybe Im just lucky.

Hopefully Milo will come back with more info and useful advice!!!.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #178
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
go Al, here's a slap on the butt for ya! I know you've been a bit bewitched, bothered and bewildered lately, but as a team leader amd QWL star............you are a hero for us. We need you.
I now it's a huge burden, but, GT, chime in here anytime, you too are our evidence and proof that we can do it.
You both are my reason for peep toe heels...............
awwwww.. I heart me some CC!!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #179
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
eating cream cheese and whipped cream for tree days in a row.........it sounds easy but, trust me, it's not.
it sounds delicious! or have I totally cracked up!!!

mmmmmm cream cheese, mayo, whipped cream... the hard part will always be eating too much!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #180
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
probably yes and probably no. doesnt matter. just keep eating meat!!! Im serious!!

Last edited by aleriaaa; 02-06-2011 at 06:43 PM..