Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 06:49 AM   #121
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
quick question.... What kind of results do people get on the egg fast? and how many eggs do you get to eat?
I never did the egg fast. I did the fat fast and for it I only ate eggs, cos you were allowed 2eggs at a time or I think 2oz of chick. or tuna-and seriously have you ever weighed it??? It was like less than a mouthfull! I would have eaten about 8 a day(oh the cholesterol!) i like eggs! But you know they have .5grms of carbs each so if you eat a lot it does actually ad up!
Getting there!!! is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2011, 06:50 AM   #122
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Hi there! I can't believe this one day so far and I am down 3.2 lbs.
Granted I was carbed up but still, I have never had a loss like that before!
I was a little hungry when I went to bed last night but nothing sounded good so I just didn't eat. Menu today? I am not sure, I'll just grab what sounds good at the moment. Yesterday foods: shrimp, lean beef, eggs, and canadian bacon seemed to work well. A little cheat with tiny amounts of half/half in my coffee, but if I give that up I surely won't stay on plan

We are about the same height I see. How long have you been doing Stillmans?
FANTASTIC JEANIE!!!! You need to keep this up!!! Expect much more in the days to come!!!

I honestly have not stuck to Stillmans in months, but Im stuck to this board!!! My first run with Stills, I lost 60 pounds in 5 months. Slow for Stillman standards but really quick for me. (I ate mainly lean with higher fat days added in here and there) So it actually took me 9 months to get from 189 to 113. I lost 16 pounds the first week, but that was being strict. I did give up cream back then, but I use it now.

Nice to have another shorty in the group!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:51 AM   #123
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
so glad. evrytime I ramble on and on, I wonder if Im making any sense. Sometimes I hit submit to quickly..
Keep hiting it girl! I love your ramblings!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:52 AM   #124
Big Yapper!!!!

Omg you lost 16lbs in a week??? Jealous!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:55 AM   #125
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I never did the egg fast. I did the fat fast and for it I only ate eggs, cos you were allowed 2eggs at a time or I think 2oz of chick. or tuna-and seriously have you ever weighed it??? It was like less than a mouthfull! I would have eaten about 8 a day(oh the cholesterol!) i like eggs! But you know they have .5grms of carbs each so if you eat a lot it does actually ad up!
I remember your fat fast.

and I say carbs from animals, dont count!!

now carbs in my gallon of crystal light.... BIG YIKES!!!

I also am not worried about cholesterol. I believe as long as we have enough of the good stuff, it washes the bad stuff out!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:56 AM   #126
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Omg you lost 16lbs in a week??? Jealous!
that was the very first week and it has never ever happened again.. Its been so long ago, I dont even have the right to bring it up!!
Old 02-06-2011, 07:01 AM   #127
Blabbermouth!!!

about the cholesterol- Im not worried about it when Im "on meat". Our cholesterol will go up eating this way, no doubt about it, but its not a bad thing. It will actually go up just for losing a lot of weight quickly too but will come back down again and even itself out. Can't give the science behind it- sorry. bet CC could..
Old 02-06-2011, 07:02 AM   #128
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeah I'm just ignoring the chol. in eggs thing too! Some Dr.s say it does'nt count!

I've taken to chewing gum! When i was craving sweet things! It says it's sugar-free but for that it has weird AS in it. (well it is banana-strawberry flavour and I'm pretty sure it's never seen a fruit in it's life!) i'm wondering if they will make me stall-don't even know why I'm asking cos I am stuck, stuck, stuck anyway!! But I never did the AS on Stills. So I don't know! Anyway that's my wondering for the day! I'm going out now so I shall talk to ye lovely peeps later! Don't work too hard Al!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 02-06-2011, 07:02 AM   #129
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
that was the very first week and it has never ever happened again.. Its been so long ago, I dont even have the right to bring it up!!
Oh I know! I feel like a fraud here dishing out advice!!
Old 02-06-2011, 07:04 AM   #130
Blabbermouth!!!

So 2-3 days into it and my symptoms of carb withdrawal are always the following....

nasal stuffiness
pressure in the middle of my forehead and behind my eyes
Seriously ready for bed by 8:00.

This has happened everytime I started in the last few months. Going to get past it this time. One week, no carbs is all I need.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:04 AM   #131
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
about the cholesterol- Im not worried about it when Im "on meat". Our cholesterol will go up eating this way, no doubt about it, but its not a bad thing. It will actually go up just for losing a lot of weight quickly too but will come back down again and even itself out. Can't give the science behind it- sorry. bet CC could..
Yeah I read that about it going up when you lose weight anyway! So mine must be sky high! He!
Old 02-06-2011, 07:05 AM   #132
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yeah I'm just ignoring the chol. in eggs thing too! Some Dr.s say it does'nt count!

I've taken to chewing gum! When i was craving sweet things! It says it's sugar-free but for that it has weird AS in it. (well it is banana-strawberry flavour and I'm pretty sure it's never seen a fruit in it's life!) i'm wondering if they will make me stall-don't even know why I'm asking cos I am stuck, stuck, stuck anyway!! But I never did the AS on Stills. So I don't know! Anyway that's my wondering for the day! I'm going out now so I shall talk to ye lovely peeps later! Don't work too hard Al!
and I have taken to banana-strawberry Crystal Light. It does fill the void... Hopefully the gum doesnt stall ya!!

Come back quick!!
Old 02-06-2011, 07:06 AM   #133
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
So 2-3 days into it and my symptoms of carb withdrawal are always the following....

nasal stuffiness
pressure in the middle of my forehead and behind my eyes
Seriously ready for bed by 8:00.

This has happened everytime I started in the last few months. Going to get past it this time. One week, no carbs is all I need.
I don't get any carb withdrawal symps at all! Seriously nothing! Well the big one I suppose would be cravings (obviously!) but that's it! Maybe thats why it's so easy for me to cheat!
Old 02-06-2011, 07:07 AM   #134
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
and I have taken to banana-strawberry Crystal Light. It does fill the void... Hopefully the gum doesnt stall ya!!

Come back quick!!
Yeah it does def! Going now! X
Old 02-06-2011, 07:12 AM   #135
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh I know! I feel like a fraud here dishing out advice!!
I have actually thought, how could I give advice or try to help when my stats say 140!?!! and probably the reason Ive been so quiet for a while. Im really bummed about that number. sigh.. anyway.. Its good that a lot of us have already tried Stillmans before and done it right so we know it really works.

I wish some of our old friends would check in to remind us how great it worked for them too!!! hint.hint..
Old 02-06-2011, 07:13 AM   #136
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I don't get any carb withdrawal symps at all! Seriously nothing!
Lucky you!!!

How about everyone else? Do you feel sick the first few days of this???
Old 02-06-2011, 07:18 AM   #137
Blabbermouth!!!

Becky- How ya doing? Were you able to survive a few lean days?? Im sure you will see your weight drop and Im willing to bet it will stick even when you go back to fat.

IM2 - Hope all is well!
Old 02-06-2011, 07:45 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Thank you so much everyone who had kind words- because of you I actually feel more motivated than ever today!

I did what I said I would- I got up early, got on the treadmill (hit it hard too!), and have gotten dressed. I will now get my butt to the studio and spend the day there. I will pop a xanax before I come home so I will want to sleep as soon as I get back. I will have no time to eat, and I can give my body a break from yesterday's slip up.

I am going to eat so few carbs this week, it's going to be insane!
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:50 AM   #139
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
I am going to eat so few carbs this week, it's going to be insane!
Thats the spirit!!! and so much meat, right?!!?!
Old 02-06-2011, 07:52 AM   #140
Blabbermouth!!!

BTW peeps....Im motivated too!!! Im drinking my water!!! (which is unheard of for me..heehee)
Old 02-06-2011, 07:59 AM   #141
Blabbermouth!!!

emky- I have read story upon story of people reversing there anxieties and depression by cutting out carbs from their diet. From personal experience, my symptoms werent severe, but I can honestly say that 9 months on meat put me in a much better mood with a great sense of calmness. Im a worrier, and my diet back then helped emmensly. If theres a chance that all meat can help you in more ways than weight loss, I hope one day you give it a shot.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:12 AM   #142
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/145.6/?
WOE: lc
Quote:
emky- I have read story upon story of people reversing there anxieties and depression by cutting out carbs from their diet. From personal experience, my symptoms werent severe, but I can honestly say that 9 months on meat put me in a much better mood with a great sense of calmness. Im a worrier, and my diet back then helped emmensly. If theres a chance that all meat can help you in more ways than weight loss, I hope one day you give it a shot.
Cutting carbs does help me but I still have trouble when I try to quit my wellbutrin. High carb though can set off some really dark thoughts and depression, so I try to keep that in mind when I indulge.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:14 AM   #143
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/145.6/?
WOE: lc
Quote:
Lucky you!!!

How about everyone else? Do you feel sick the first few days of this???
Only day 2 for me so far, but just little waves of nausea but feels so much better than carb binging!
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:37 AM   #144
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I wish some of our old friends would check in to remind us how great it worked for them too!!! hint.hint..
Me too! I miss Im2 and Gwn!
Old 02-06-2011, 10:52 AM   #145
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Cutting carbs does help me but I still have trouble when I try to quit my wellbutrin. High carb though can set off some really dark thoughts and depression, so I try to keep that in mind when I indulge.
So glad to hear that cutting back improves your symptoms, Jeanie!!! Stay here and stay strong!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #146
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Only day 2 for me so far, but just little waves of nausea but feels so much better than carb binging!
no nausea here....wonder why my sinus' always act up?!?! Im stumped.

..... Ate my 6.4 oz pouch of tuna. Drank my water.. having some coffee now for dessert!
Old 02-06-2011, 10:55 AM   #147
Blabbermouth!!!

to those whipping up the egg whites... have you ever tried adding Crystal Light?? Wonder if that would work good....

Knowing I cant have CL today is making me want it more!!!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 11:12 AM   #148
Blabbermouth!!!

almost forgot! how is everyone going to handle keeping the munchies under control for the superbowl??

I wont be partaking in any tailgaiting..Just working hard and then I'll be home in time for the GLEE halftime show!!!! Gonna miss Christinas national anthem unless I can stream it here at work.. She is doing it right?
Old 02-06-2011, 01:59 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
Quote:
If quick results are what we want, it does have to be followed exactly, but if we're happy just losing at slower pace, there are so many other low carb options. So either way we're in good shape. Congrats to you for staying away from the sugar! It could have been so much worse had you gone there.

So, Stillmans sets me up for an all or nothing, because basically anything I eat that is not lean meat, triggers the cheat mentality. I blew it for the day. Ive been struggling with this for months!! very hard to get back on, and I hate that I keep putting myself through those first few horrible days over and over again. Its quite stupid of me!!

All I can say is we need to get a week under our belts of QWL, no matter what, and the miracle will take place. We need to eat as much meat as we want. If that means 2 or 3 pounds of turkey, then we need to go at it!! On this diet all that turkey or chicken or tuna will work better than one bite of an apple or a carrot or whatever other non-meat item crosses our path. If we're hungry eat meat, if we're bored, eat meat, it our mouths just want to get a workout and chew, eat meat.

emky- Is it tough for you to prep ahead in your house? Can you cook up a tray of chicken breast and a couple pounds of ground turkey? Everytime I felt like eating (hungry or not) I would just pull something from my stash and eat it up! If you like tuna, open up a few cans and keep it in the fridge. Have the food ready to go on a moments notice and stuff yourself silly. Beleive me you will get to a point, very quickly, where you wont be able to put anohter bite in. Carbs dont work this way. Seems like theres always room for more. But eat 3 chicken breasts and you will be done with that kitchen for hours and hours!

Im talking too much now, but I totally believe in the power of meat. Im addicted to carbs in any form and in order to be successful and get the results I want, I know they have to go. (even my precious crystal light)
THANK YOU FOR THIS!!! I'm going to reread this post whenever I'm struggling.

If anyone is having issues with being hungry all the time, I've found that intermittent fasting has been extremely helpful with keeping my appetite in check.
milo_juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:12 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
^^How long do you fast for?

Quote:

You're right. I feel way less anxious and depressed when the carbs are cut! I appreciate the support so much

I feel like I'm back to "normal" this afternoon and I've stuck to meat. May this be a great week for all!

PS- you can use crystal light in the egg fluff, but imo it tastes a little too tangy.
emky is offline   Reply With Quote