Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #721
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
OMG girl, we got hammered. BF even stayed home-driving 65 miles round trip just ain't worth killing yourself to go to work. The snowbanks are five feet tall where he's plowed. We have a ginormous mound in the back yard that's thirty feet long, twenty feet wide and five feet high.
And then tomorrow we are having sleet changing to rain. Lovely, ice then flooding..........and my Dad keeps calling from FL to report the weather.
'High honey, I just wanted to let you know I'm on the rivier walking the dog and it's 75 degrees out."
'Screw you Dad!'
Dads are good for rubbing it in! I gotta check the weather now- maybe there will be no school tomorrow!!!! woohoo.

your gonna have snow in your yard til May!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2011, 03:28 PM   #722
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Well, let's hope that skillset is a primer for his entire repertoire of talentsyay for your new hottie!
emkys probably with him now! thats why shes not checkin in!!! another good idea for not eating. keep those lips busy girl!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:36 PM   #723
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hi all!!

Last Thursday & Friday...I ate whatever I felt like eating. I was at a retreat in the woods...didn't take my meat & eggs...I just ate what they served and all of the snacks they provided.

I truly pigged out...but never felt like I "had enough"....KWIM? Even though I had a dull headache and felt bloaty...I never felt like I had enough...

It was a good reminder to me that I just can't have all of those carbs...I can't eat them in moderation.

I got back on track Saturday morning. I was 152 on Thursday morning...and when I got home from the retreat, I figured it would be 157...maybe 158. I started TOM and knew that could move those scales up....but I wasn't ready for the number I saw...
ONE HUNDRED SIXTY THREE POUNDS!!! That's what it said Sunday morning too!!

WOW!!!! I've never gained that quickly before....

I know, I know it was mainly water, or whatever...but it was real to me!

Each day or two this past week I have lost a pound or two...and this morning it was 151.

I've been drinking at least a gallon of water a day. I've also added a little coconut oil back into my diet...and last night I took my first dose of "Natural Calm" .

I bought the Natural Calm hoping it would help a little with fatigue and constipation.

Other than that I'm still steakin' ....and cream in my coffee. A little broccoli and/or ceasar salad if I eat out.

I still can't get over the fact that TOM, and a carbfest added 12-13 pounds. I could feel it too...my face looked puffy...and my straight bluejean skirt felt tighter around my hips...and "shorter" ... I guess due to my bloated tummy.

I do wonder though, If I had gotten back on the SAD saturday instead of back to LCing...would my weight have stayed in the 160's? I think it probably would have...but I don't want to test it for sure.

The key for me seems to be that I CANNOT go on a binge for more than a day...maybe not more than a meal. For the most part, it's just best that I don't binge at all.

When I have an urge that I can't seem to get past, I will grab a couple of slices of swiss cheese....I love the taste.

IM, I'm glad to hear of your son's performance...i would love to see a video!

AL, sounds like you are on the ball. I admire you for giving up the cream...that is such a treat for me...I'm not quite able to give it up yet. You have seen some nice losses this week! Congrats!

emky, glad to hear you have found a good kissin' friend! : ) I hope things work out wonderfully for you! Don't let your school work suffer though! Don't lose your focus!

GT, hope you are doing well... I could relate to some of your thoughts about our self-held body image...it's hard to see what's in the mirror when our own perceptions are so strong. You've done such a great job on your journey.

Hi CC! I would love to go shopping with you sometime!! I'm interested in EFTGT, but I haven't checked into it thoroughly...all of those percentages scare me off...I hate keeping track of what I eat...but I maybe could get to goal quicker if I did.

I'm always amazed at how this journey never ends...it seems I never find the answer totally...always tweaking and finding new things to try or new things to give up. Makes me wonder if we ever arrive...i tend to think not. But I'm so thankful for the past 8 months and the changes I've made. I don't want to go back to where I was in June of 2010!
holy cow Becks!
Now you know why I preach the grain has no place in our diet....and that you can never go back! Unless you want to go back to fat!

EFGT is easy......use My Plate at livestrong.com. And read more at Second Opinions UK.

It all makes sense....ancient cavegirls ate fatty meat. We don't even need veggies to be healthy. Thet were a nice treat in the ancient diet but we won't die without them. And fruit is just a candy bar from a tree.

just my humble opinion.

Shopping is easy-I hit the clearance racks when I go.
Knowing what to buy is tough. As you find and begin to love your new body you realize that you don't want/need to hide in neutrals and black! You are starved for color. And style!
So I bot a script to Elle mag which supported my friend's kid's fund drive for Girl Scouts. I study the Ralph Lauren website constantly. And I like to watch what Princess Kate is wearing.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #724
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Dads are good for rubbing it in! I gotta check the weather now- maybe there will be no school tomorrow!!!! woohoo.

your gonna have snow in your yard til May!!!
crap we always do....in some spots in the woods you can see patches there in June
Quote:
emkys probably with him now! thats why shes not checkin in!!! another good idea for not eating. keep those lips busy girl!!!
no carks in smooching!

I gotta go feed barn catts BBL
Old 02-27-2011, 04:10 PM   #725
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Speaking of getting back on the horse after a cheat--Dustin used to always say that!! I wish he'd check in again!
miss him too!
Quote:
Ooooooh Al-I got 'Blabbermouth' too!!!! Ya think LCF is trying to tell us something!!
LOL the highest mark, no?
Old 02-27-2011, 04:22 PM   #726
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Nahh. .thanks for the pep talk. .but now I gotta use it. . its there, ya know? Heheheh. . OK. here's the deal. .When it stops snowing, I'll stop creamer! deal? Deal?
OMG......I'm with you! Iced tea in this weather? BRRRRRR
Quote:
Im purposely being non-inventful these days for my own good, but I can still come up with some goodies for everyone else!!! stay tuned....

one off the top of my head is to make a wrap with an egg. (like a crepe but with just egg) throw in your diced spicy seasoned chicken with a splash of hot sauce and there ya go. Sprinkle with some dried cilantro for an added touch! and even make some seasoned cottage cheese sauce to pour on top.
YUM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
IM: I like the idea of sharing go to foods... we need the support of getting excited about the STilly's eating plan and this is where we can find it... the rest of the world dosen't even want to hear about another skinless chicken breast seasoning idea... where as here... it would be encouraging. As I eat clean this month, there may be a time where I crave a new spice or a new idea so that my obsession with this way of eating can be encouraged.
OMG anything to help me make CB's not dry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myungsunkim22 View Post
Had my two HB eggs with a little s&p! Half an hour til my next meal!

^_^

I recommend Crest Whitestrips if you have a bad craving...you can't eat with them on plus you have beautifully white teeth!

How do you all cook/season your chicken breasts?
LMAO those strips are so annoying to even put on! I do need to whiten tho. AND
Old 02-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #727
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wow peeps-I have 2 pages to read! It's a loooooooong time since we've had this much activity! Yay!
a spring thaw! Go us!
Quote:
That would be one teeny tiny wrap!
Or actually do you mean like an omlette thing. Ok I thought you meant putting a pice of chicken in the hole of a HB egg! Oh I get blonder by the day!
GT I so luv you, you are a beacon of blonde in a dark brunette world!
Quote:
would you think peircing your tongue to keep from eating would be a good idea... tried that one too..
OMG Al you have a barbell? You baaaad girl you!

Old 02-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #728
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Myungsunkim22
WOE: Medifast/Stillman's
Hey ladies!

Blahhh! Okay so far today, I've had:

~3 HB Eggs
~1/2 cup cottage cheese
~1 can tuna
~1 SF jello cup
~1 chicken breast VERY LIGHTLY tossed in hot sauce (I WAS DYING FOR BLUE CHEESE DRESSING BUT RESISTED!)
~ about 1 cup total of 0% (no fat) Greek Yogurt w/splenda

and TONS OF WATER + 1/2 can Coke Zero!

and that's it! No more eating for tonight! What about all of you!

I'm getting ready to watch THE AMAZING RACE (love this show) and UNDERCOVER BOSS! The U.C. boss episode is filmed @ Wrigley Field! As a Cubs fan, I'm excited to watch!
Myungsunkim22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:16 PM   #729
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Ok. Gals. . We must thing of something positive to call our March group. . .

Marching into a better body the Stillman's Weigh?

March Madness. .

Springing into March?

IDK. .just throwing it out there. . I want March to be a fabulous month. .soooo looking forward to this darn snow to be gone. .wanna walk outside. .wanna ride my bike. . wanna stop being a prisioner of by fat body and warm house!

Who's in?
okay if mine suck we'll go with yours

March is a big deal in our cave...the forty days of St. Patrick's Day begins after Valentine's Day. Guinness is on sale, spring is on the way. My mother, stepson, stepdaughter, adopted niece (my BFF's daughter-born on our anniversary) AND himself's birthday fall in March. I am broke in March

I got Mom a rippin' cool military jacket-LRL, of course. 179 retail; Marshalls 15 bux.

Himself wants a rosebud welding tip for his torches....I can't find a deal on that one so here's me blowing a fifty at Tractor Supply. wah

The step kids get clothes I stash all year long in my Macy's in the attic, deals stored away for gifting.

My niece is getting Chuck E Cheese this year as the kids are getting too big to host at my BFF's house...they want to play and run and the place is too small with all the adults and ten kids.

And on the Saturday night closest to St. Pats we watch The Quiet Man. Sipping Tullamore Dew, which is distilled in the county that himself's grandmother came from. Himself does not fare well on it as we found out a few years ago when he rose from the table and after taking one step could not stop and ran into the kitchen headfirst into the countertop wich stopped him dead. Twas hilarious. Now we leave the bottle in the kitchen to be sure one can rise and walk before another drink of the divine elixir.
'Tis religion.

I have the Irish, Scots and US flag flying from the porch. O yes, we rednecks love our porch flags! And I got an Erin Go Bragh flag, too.

I wear a Coach deep forest green backpack style pebbled leather handbag for the first three weeks. I have some nice tee shirts that have a shamrock in crystals in black and another with the outline of the Irish flag-Target has the best holiday tee shirts! Go after the hol and get thee one on clearance!

On the shopping day closest to the great day, weather permitting, I have a pair of green and white gingham check flats that I wear for the day. With the dollar store anklets with green clover leafs on them. I weat a kelly green crewneck sweater (OH CRAP must dig that out!) If I can'r fint it I will do the RL green and navy stripe sweater with the leather shoulder patch-yeah like I'm gonna go shoot some food

Luck O' the Irish Be Hot In March the Stillman's Weigh!

March from Madness to Hotness the Stillman's Weigh!

Wearin' Our Green With Envy Stillman's Hotties for St. Pat's!

Ahhhhh, here's Nicole and Keith at the Oscars........they are lovely. I can't stand Robin Givens......I wish she would just come out of the closet and get it over with. No offense, just like be yourself it's no biggie.

Well, my skinny pretties, I am off to watch awards for movies I have never seen given to actors I am not familiar with

Old 02-27-2011, 05:20 PM   #730
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey ladies!

Blahhh! Okay so far today, I've had:

~3 HB Eggs
~1/2 cup cottage cheese
~1 can tuna
~1 SF jello cup
~1 chicken breast VERY LIGHTLY tossed in hot sauce (I WAS DYING FOR BLUE CHEESE DRESSING BUT RESISTED!)
~ about 1 cup total of 0% (no fat) Greek Yogurt w/splenda

and TONS OF WATER + 1/2 can Coke Zero!

and that's it! No more eating for tonight! What about all of you!

I'm getting ready to watch THE AMAZING RACE (love this show) and UNDERCOVER BOSS! The U.C. boss episode is filmed @ Wrigley Field! As a Cubs fan, I'm excited to watch!
OMG girl you are a windy city kitty! I have cousins there and was born in Wheaton! EEK!

You are all over this...this is how our former poster gal did it, she posted her menus every day.

If you studied..........to your credit she was waaaaaay back and I miss her, look at her old posts

GwnStfni

I miss our old peeps

And love the new

good night sweets CYA
Old 02-28-2011, 12:33 AM   #731
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
I'm back, too. . I've really been fighting a cold and sore throat. . I can't believe it. .haven't really been sick since I started Stillmans.. (at least that I can remember kickign my butt for a few days. .). . So. .I did some more soul searching and have decided that I am going to to "induction" South Beach / STillman's style. . Phase 1 (which lasts for 2 weeks). . does not allow carbs so I think I'll be OK. Veggies. . Lean Meat. . Lean Cheese, Cottage Cheese. . nothing super major. . a few nuts. . I think I can handle it. . I downloaded the book on my ipad so I have my food list ready at all times. .It just ads a little variety and I think I need that.. I hate the deprived feeling and need to get back to where I am not so friggin hungry (emotionally) all the time. I also realize I have to start moving..

OK. enough said. .I'm just gonna do it.. I already had some wonderful seasoned chicken, a cup of lettuce.. 1 Egg + 2 Egg whites.. and Turkey sausage. .Water, Water, Water, Coffee, Diet Coke and some Crystal Light. . Tonight, I plan on a few bites of grilled pork then I'm off to my Son's Play. . Opening night and he got one of the lead roles!! I'll report more later. . (He's playing Richie Cunnigham in Happy Days. . Hubby dyed his blonde hair red over the weekend. . LOL. .)

Huggss!!
South Beach phase one is a great diet but watch the
pulses they slow you down. I'm doing Stillys because I want faster results...like now, now now lol
However, the day will come when I return to the beach...oh I miss my Frappacinos or how ever you spell it.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:40 AM   #732
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
OMG. .I just splashed hot sauce in my eye. . don't ever do that!
I often rub my eyes after cutting and deseeding chillies, so I know how it feels...it makes no difference that I wash my hands afterward...still stings like mad. Guess that's what it is like to be pepper sprayed.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:57 AM   #733
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
Lost a little more

Life is going pretty well. I like the new guy- we had our second date last night. OMG, the man is an amazing kisser. I never knew that a good kissing "style" actually existed until now. Rawr.

On the other hand, I am sooooo busy and behind on my school responsibilities. *Sigh* I have new boy fever.
Yeah, I've kissed a few frogs in my time (in fact I am affianced to one, only joking not, DH is all right) so it's nice to find a man who knows how to kiss. You are young, enjoy yourself...jealous much, moi?.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:09 AM   #734
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey Make me!! Missed ya!!
Thanks GT, missed you too.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:11 AM   #735
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Think it's because alcohol dehydrates you, and the more dehydrated you are, the deeper the stix!!
makes sense...for a while I thought the more I drank, the more I would lose...but it was not to be.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:13 AM   #736
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi there!

I'm new to Stillman's...this is my FIRST DAY! BIG thanks to Aleriaa for directing me over to this thread!

Here's how I mapped out my day:

9:00am: 2 HB eggs- minimal S&P
11:00am: 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese
1:00pm: 1 can of tuna packed in water
3:00pm: 1 or 2 cups SF Jello
5:00pm:2 HB eggs- minimal S&P
7:00pm: 1 can of tuna packed in water

PLUS tons of water, a few cans of Coke Zero (this is okay, right?) and some tea!))
I also take a "Hair, Skin, Nails" supplement, a Vitamin B, my birth control and a probiotic. I heard that a probiotic is good anyways since um....you might not "go" on this plan since there's limited fiber? I'm used to that from Medifast though!

What do you guys think? Be honest, let me know what I should add/take out!

I've actually been doing a low-carb diet up until this point! I'm on Medifast (not sure if that's what the Medi thread stands for?) where you have 5 of the Medifast meals plus a Lean & Green! It definitely works!! I lost 70lbs since mid-April 2010 (went from 198 lbs to 128lbs) but then got lazy around the holidays. Definitely my fault as I didn't stay On Plan! BUT...I heard about Stillman's from another MF'er and wanted to try it to get me motivated again!!

I DID weigh 144 as of two days ago, but I'm going to do an official weigh-in in a few minutes here. It will probably be bad as I had my "last meal" of a burger & fries last night. Ickypoo. :P

Oh...and what do you guys think of FAGE 0% Greek Yogurt? I saw you can have yogurt but I'm not sure if there's too much sugar/carbs?

Thanks for ANY advice you can give a first time Stillman....er? ^_^

~Kelsey

***JUST WEIGHED IN***

Oh my dear god. I want to die. I'm literally up to...148?!?!?! How the freaking flip does that happen overnight?! >_< BAH! STILLMAN'S, HERE I COME! Please work some magic! :P
Welcome Kelsey
Old 02-28-2011, 01:18 AM   #737
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
OMG CC-you need a job with Fáilte Ireland (the irish tourist board)!!!!!! i was chuckling out loud reading that post! I have never watched The Quiet Man, saw a bit of it once and thought nope! Or The Field-another 'begosh and begarra' one! I love ye Americans-ye seriously are more Irish then the Irish themselves!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:18 AM   #738
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Makeme!!
Old 02-28-2011, 01:22 AM   #739
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
i am back! i got back from my retreat late last night. I asked for my DH to go get me some hi carb goodies, and I ate a few... not too bad... but I told them to get them before midnight, because I will be back on LC HARDCORE starting Sunday which is now...

I ate pretty much whatever I wanted, but still chose sugarfree over sugar laden deserts, except for last night after I got back... something psychological about that! I haven't weighed yet this morning... But took my scale with me, and yesterday morning I was 151 which meant I gained a lb a day... THAT was anticipated... so I don't know what I weigh this morning but my face looks fat, tired and I feel heavy. No problem. I will get this back on track this week... no hitting myself with a wet noodle! I am looking forward to eating clean.(skinless chicken breasts and HB eggs all with mustard, with 180 oz of water!) It makes me feel good about life in general.

I saw people I hadn't seen in years. One lady asked me if I had gastric bypass! LOL. Another lady told me I hadn't changed in 27 years (last time she saw me) except for my grey "highlights" LOL. I had a friend do my hair up every day. Even strangers told me I looked like a model! Did I have an ego boost??? Oh yeah...! LOL. So no problem with motivation getting back on track! I am actually looking forward to it because of all the postive feedback I received. If that isn't motivation for LC eating, what could be?

I took my scale with me and I exercised each day. My friends I roomed with said I have body dysmorphia and needed to see a therapist! I AM a therapist LOL!! But I bet I talked about exercise too much! It is my new way of life! I haven't settled down from it cause it hasn't been a year yet and I finally found something that brings out my natural attributes... why wouldn't I be a bit obsessed about it? Its like finding a gold mine! And it gave me my health and energy back too! My friends watched EVERYTHING I ate! No lie. They were observant. So I decided to give them a show and eat bread, fruit, cream in my coffee! Lots of butter! But I did get the locarb cheesecake at the Cheesecake factory... yum! I was laughing inside! I thought "Just help them relax around you, you have the discipline to get back to dieting after this retreat!" It was humourous. Really.
These friends are going to watch to see if I make my goal, and I will not dissappoint. I want to be an inspriration to them! One gal lost a bunch of weight LC'ing and unfortunately gained back the weight. I am going to stick to Stilly's in honor of myself and to engender hope once again for her.

My confidence is up, and so is my resolve to get back to chicken breasts and HB eggs. I asked my DH for grocery money so that I won't run out of these items and can stay on track for the next 2-3 weeks till I hit maintenance. Whatever the scale says, I will still have hope! I know I have about 10-12 lbs to lose versus the 7-9 lbs before I left. But I haven't weighed yet and it could be worse. I just know that for the first time in 51 years, I received nothing but "You look so beautiful!" from a bunch of old friends... it really can happen and I am not going to let that experience be a thing of the past! And the truth is, "Beautiful starts from the inside out." Part of that is compassion for others, and discipline for oneself... which is compassion for your self.

So all you hardcore Stilly's, here we go!
but did I not mention before that this is a "NO MODELS ALLOWED THREAD!"
Old 02-28-2011, 01:23 AM   #740
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
..oh I miss my Frappacinos or how ever you spell it.
Oh God-did you ever get those drinks in Cafe Nero-forgotten what they're called-they're a milk and ice and I think cream blended iced drink, there's a vanilla one!! Oooooh I think I had one (or 2) everyday the last time I was in Manchester............aaaaagh life before Stillmans!!
Old 02-28-2011, 01:24 AM   #741
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
makes sense...for a while I thought the more I drank, the more I would lose...but it was not to be.
Now that would be a diet!!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 01:26 AM   #742
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
but did I not mention before that this is a "NO MODELS ALLOWED THREAD!"
Says she who's like a100ft tall!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 01:28 AM   #743
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ok. Gals. . We must thing of something positive to call our March group. . .

Marching into a better body the Stillman's Weigh?

March Madness. .

Springing into March?

IDK. .just throwing it out there. . I want March to be a fabulous month. .soooo looking forward to this darn snow to be gone. .wanna walk outside. .wanna ride my bike. . wanna stop being a prisioner of by fat body and warm house!

Who's in?
i AM GOING TO START A THREAD FOR MARCH THAT SIMPLY LOGS( hate it when that happens but can't be botherd to change it) our weight loss...hope you guys will join in. As for the March thread...I like the first one...think its cool.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:34 AM   #744
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Even though I woke up feeling extra crappy. . stupid cold has moved to my head and it just aches. . I still feel very positive about my meat filled weekend. .

Started my morning off with 2 Boiled Eggs and alittle turkey sausage with hot sauce. . .

Sorry, Al. .I did end up buy SF Creamer last night. . I had to. . I had a coupon which made the big one only .29! It is such a nice treat and if Becks can do it. . so can I!! Seriously. . what is life without coffee inthe morning? I'd rather stick a pin in my eye than go without right now..
Or some hot sauce
Old 02-28-2011, 01:37 AM   #745
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Al; Thank you. The post is heartfelt for sure.

IM: I really like the "springing into March" because it inspires movement! And it is hopeful. I kindof feel resistant to Marching into March because I am a rebel when it comes to regiment stuff on a personal basis... I know, its weird. But the Springing into March makes me feel like a lioness about ready to meet her calculated goal... Roar! LOL
when you put it like that.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:45 AM   #746
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Im purposely being non-inventful these days for my own good, but I can still come up with some goodies for everyone else!!! stay tuned....

one off the top of my head is to make a wrap with an egg. (like a crepe but with just egg) throw in your diced spicy seasoned chicken with a splash of hot sauce and there ya go. Sprinkle with some dried cilantro for an added touch! and even make some seasoned cottage cheese sauce to pour on top.

Feel a bit silly asking but when you guys say hot sauce do you just mean Tobasco ? Or West Indian hot pepper sauce (Econa)?
Old 02-28-2011, 01:51 AM   #747
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
IM: I like the idea of sharing go to foods... we need the support of getting excited about the STilly's eating plan and this is where we can find it... the rest of the world dosen't even want to hear about another skinless chicken breast seasoning idea... where as here... it would be encouraging. As I eat clean this month, there may be a time where I crave a new spice or a new idea so that my obsession with this way of eating can be encouraged.
Me too...I made some great stuff from the recipe section a while ago, lasagne and sweet and sour chicken.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:57 AM   #748
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
AL: That egg wrap sounds soooo perfect! Thank you!

IM: Okay, well, I will pray for a hot spring eg early snow melt!! LOL... Deal.

Okay, I am going to take a sauna now, and then weight myself so the shock won't be as bad... I shouldn't even weight myself today but I am curious as to the damage. Next year when I retreat with my friends, I will lose 10 lbs before I go just so I can eat without regrets later. I did not eat after 4 pm however while there, so maybe the Angels will give me some credit for that! Here it goes... I will let you know the full extent of the damages later tonight.

A LC Stillmans retreat would NOT be a bad idea! If we all got together in a location like a woodsey cabin and just had a great time with great Stilly meals, WOW what an inspiration... someone would have to leave her boyfriend for a few days... ah. Summer would be a great time to plan it. And emky is in Ireland... but we could live webcast it and skype her??

I think I want to put some clips up on youtube about cooking Stilly's. That would be my goal this spring, summer. THere just isn't really anything Stilly on youtube except for a satire. Unless I am missing something. OR may be one of you would like to do this?
you are right...I can't find anything Stilly on youtube...very odd!
Old 02-28-2011, 02:11 AM   #749
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Normally with a spoonfulf the lowest fat, lowest carb mayo I can find! or I chop something into it, or some mustard-but I don't really like mustard either!

Yeah I exercise. I started it day1! I find it really helps. I think I've probably lost my weight 'better' with it! I did aerobics and Pilates, then lots of biking. Now interval training, Callanetics and The Bar Method. (all just DVDs at home).Others have lost fine without it though! I just like it!(never thought I'd say that!) I like feeling fit, toned (kinda!) and in control!
There was once a time when I use to be at the gym at 7am on a Sunday morning...rain or shine, hangover or not...I was so happy then, I need to get back there.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:35 AM   #750
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
holy cow Becks!
Now you know why I preach the grain has no place in our diet....and that you can never go back! Unless you want to go back to fat!

EFGT is easy......use My Plate at livestrong.com. And read more at Second Opinions UK.

It all makes sense....ancient cavegirls ate fatty meat. We don't even need veggies to be healthy. Thet were a nice treat in the ancient diet but we won't die without them. And fruit is just a candy bar from a tree.

just my humble opinion.

Shopping is easy-I hit the clearance racks when I go.
Knowing what to buy is tough. As you find and begin to love your new body you realize that you don't want/need to hide in neutrals and black! You are starved for color. And style!
So I bot a script to Elle mag which supported my friend's kid's fund drive for Girl Scouts. I study the Ralph Lauren website constantly. And I like to watch what Princess Kate is wearing.
There has been recent evidence that neanderthal man cooked and ate veggies as well as meat...interesting!