Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2011, 11:55 AM   #601
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi Becky! Yup the SAD way is no good! But look on the bright side, your cheat took another pound away! Yay!! The secret is def to be able to get back on plan straight away after a cheat-well done you!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #602
Big Yapper!!!!

Speaking of getting back on the horse after a cheat--Dustin used to always say that!! I wish he'd check in again!
Old 02-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #603
Big Yapper!!!!

Ooooooh Al-I got 'Blabbermouth' too!!!! Ya think LCF is trying to tell us something!!
Old 02-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #604
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Ooooooh Al-I got 'Blabbermouth' too!!!! Ya think LCF is trying to tell us something!!
COOL!!!! You hit the 5K mark!!!

Did anyone ever tell you you talk to much!!!!??? and I love it!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #605
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
COOL!!!! You hit the 5K mark!!!

Did anyone ever tell you you talk to much!!!!??? and I love it!!!
How mean!!!!!!!!!! and yes they did!! (that and too fast!) it was always on my school reports in primary school!!!
Old 02-27-2011, 04:06 AM   #606
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Hi makeme!!!! Fill us in! Is it a new plan or THE plan?!!? Its not the same without ya here, so I'll be back if you'll be back!!!

Just grilled up another prime rib. (im wondering if they turn into ribeyes when I slice and grill.. This one was really thick!! looks good, not burnt like the last couple.. just waitin for hubby to get home to dig in..and I ate a few HB eggs while Im waiting..

also cooked up some ground turkey today for snacks...

GO MEAT GO!

No...not a new plan...stillys, but if I crack or feel like a cheat I'm going to allow myself some low carb veggies or salad...sick of being on a "diet"...want to get to goal...don't want to end up like my Mother who has been on a diet for as long as I can remember and has never reached goal. I have been over weight for seven years now... its getting me down, so like they say when the going gets tough...
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:08 AM   #607
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Makeme! I missed you too. . Keep Rockin it, girl. . we shall be hot sexy cuties in no time. .
For sure!
Old 02-27-2011, 04:09 AM   #608
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning! I almost broke last night.. ate my lovely plain chicken breast and wanted something else, anything else! B-A-D... decided to catch up on some GLEE and went to bed!!

the torture paid off.. one pound down.

I have a slight fuzzy feeling in my head. It was really hard to get out of bed. Gonna have an extra serving of tuna today, and keep downing the liquids!

no cream of course!

Hoping we get lots of updates from our friends today!
Old 02-27-2011, 04:11 AM   #609
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi there GT. Back to it with an all new attitude. Better put my money where my is!
Old 02-27-2011, 04:14 AM   #610
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You go girl...and get out those extra, extra skinny jeans you own.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:14 AM   #611
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
No...not a new plan...stillys, but if I crack or feel like a cheat I'm going to allow myself some low carb veggies or salad...sick of being on a "diet"...want to get to goal...don't want to end up like my Mother who has been on a diet for as long as I can remember and has never reached goal. I have been over weight for seven years now... its getting me down, so like they say when the going gets tough...
makeme!!! I said the same thing yesterday!!! If Im gonna cheat, veggies it is. (lettuce and cukes to be exact!)

I hear ya on the sick of the diet talk! Can I say that this is my last one? Then Im onto the CC maintenance plan.

You cant go wrong with meat and veggies!

Last edited by aleriaaa; 02-27-2011 at 04:15 AM..
Old 02-27-2011, 04:24 AM   #612
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
Eureka!

I have found the answer to my problem!

Today I am 123.2 lbs. I checked three times- the scale is reading correctly. My ketone strip turned the darkest shade possible this morning, even after having a couple of low carb beers last night. So what have I been doing differently the last two days? NOT EATING DINNER. *That* is the key for me. I have finally found the missing link!

Screw you, fat, you're doomed now!!
years ago, when I did Atkins, if I drank alcohol my keto sticks would always show the deepest purple. I mentioned it on a board I used to post on and apparently it is very common...problem is despite them being deep purple we (people on site) were not losing.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:26 AM   #613
Major LCF Poster!

BBL
Old 02-27-2011, 04:29 AM   #614
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
makeme!!! I said the same thing yesterday!!! If Im gonna cheat, veggies it is. (lettuce and cukes to be exact!)

I hear ya on the sick of the diet talk! Can I say that this is my last one? Then Im onto the CC maintenance plan.

You cant go wrong with meat and veggies!
Hi Al...got to go out now but will be back later...I think its a good plan of action...let's do this!
Old 02-27-2011, 04:56 AM   #615
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey Make me!! Missed ya!!
Old 02-27-2011, 04:58 AM   #616
Big Yapper!!!!

Think it's because alcohol dehydrates you, and the more dehydrated you are, the deeper the stix!!
Old 02-27-2011, 05:04 AM   #617
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok have to go concentrate-watching What Not To Wear-----and OMG they're in Paris and the girl has got $50,000 to spend in designer stores!! Jealous, moi??
Old 02-27-2011, 06:18 AM   #618
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Myungsunkim22
WOE: Medifast/Stillman's
Hi there!

I'm new to Stillman's...this is my FIRST DAY! BIG thanks to Aleriaa for directing me over to this thread!

Here's how I mapped out my day:

9:00am: 2 HB eggs- minimal S&P
11:00am: 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese
1:00pm: 1 can of tuna packed in water
3:00pm: 1 or 2 cups SF Jello
5:00pm:2 HB eggs- minimal S&P
7:00pm: 1 can of tuna packed in water

PLUS tons of water, a few cans of Coke Zero (this is okay, right?) and some tea!))
I also take a "Hair, Skin, Nails" supplement, a Vitamin B, my birth control and a probiotic. I heard that a probiotic is good anyways since um....you might not "go" on this plan since there's limited fiber? I'm used to that from Medifast though!

What do you guys think? Be honest, let me know what I should add/take out!

I've actually been doing a low-carb diet up until this point! I'm on Medifast (not sure if that's what the Medi thread stands for?) where you have 5 of the Medifast meals plus a Lean & Green! It definitely works!! I lost 70lbs since mid-April 2010 (went from 198 lbs to 128lbs) but then got lazy around the holidays. Definitely my fault as I didn't stay On Plan! BUT...I heard about Stillman's from another MF'er and wanted to try it to get me motivated again!!

I DID weigh 144 as of two days ago, but I'm going to do an official weigh-in in a few minutes here. It will probably be bad as I had my "last meal" of a burger & fries last night. Ickypoo. :P

Oh...and what do you guys think of FAGE 0% Greek Yogurt? I saw you can have yogurt but I'm not sure if there's too much sugar/carbs?

Thanks for ANY advice you can give a first time Stillman....er? ^_^

~Kelsey

***JUST WEIGHED IN***

Oh my dear god. I want to die. I'm literally up to...148?!?!?! How the freaking flip does that happen overnight?! >_< BAH! STILLMAN'S, HERE I COME! Please work some magic! :P

Last edited by Myungsunkim22; 02-27-2011 at 06:31 AM.. Reason: *adding weigh-in*
Myungsunkim22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:32 AM   #619
Blabbermouth!!!

Kelsey! Its official! You are one of us now!

the menu looks spot on! Dont be afraid to eat more meat if your hungry!

I like that you're following the 6 small meals a day rule, so let us know how it works for you. (I normally like to eat it all in one shot. )

Go for the yogurt! If you dont lose 5 pounds this week, then try cutting it out! I like to strip down this already stripped diet. Im not eating eggs or dairy. For me, I just feel like the results will come quicker and I want to get this over with. For you, I say test it all out, as long as its on the list and it keeps you on plan! (minus the ketchup though )

looking forward to getting to 125 with ya!
Old 02-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #620
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myungsunkim22 View Post
Hi there!

[B]***JUST WEIGHED IN***

Oh my dear god. I want to die. I'm literally up to...148?!?!?! How the freaking flip does that happen overnight?! >_< BAH! STILLMAN'S, HERE I COME! Please work some magic! :P
Dont fret! This is actually great news, because by the end of the week you'll probably see a 10 pound loss!
Old 02-27-2011, 06:36 AM   #621
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Ok have to go concentrate-watching What Not To Wear-----and OMG they're in Paris and the girl has got $50,000 to spend in designer stores!! Jealous, moi??
so how many outfits did that equal?? wow!
Old 02-27-2011, 06:53 AM   #622
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Myungsunkim22
WOE: Medifast/Stillman's
Quote:
Dont fret! This is actually great news, because by the end of the week you'll probably see a 10 pound loss!
10lbs?
Yeah right... :P
...REALLY?

I'll be happy with 3!
Myungsunkim22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:31 AM   #623
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myungsunkim22 View Post
10lbs?
Yeah right... :P
...REALLY?

I'll be happy with 3!
10 is what Im hoping for and Im half-way there!!!

it is possible!!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:47 AM   #624
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
i am back! i got back from my retreat late last night. I asked for my DH to go get me some hi carb goodies, and I ate a few... not too bad... but I told them to get them before midnight, because I will be back on LC HARDCORE starting Sunday which is now...

I ate pretty much whatever I wanted, but still chose sugarfree over sugar laden deserts, except for last night after I got back... something psychological about that! I haven't weighed yet this morning... But took my scale with me, and yesterday morning I was 151 which meant I gained a lb a day... THAT was anticipated... so I don't know what I weigh this morning but my face looks fat, tired and I feel heavy. No problem. I will get this back on track this week... no hitting myself with a wet noodle! I am looking forward to eating clean.(skinless chicken breasts and HB eggs all with mustard, with 180 oz of water!) It makes me feel good about life in general.

I saw people I hadn't seen in years. One lady asked me if I had gastric bypass! LOL. Another lady told me I hadn't changed in 27 years (last time she saw me) except for my grey "highlights" LOL. I had a friend do my hair up every day. Even strangers told me I looked like a model! Did I have an ego boost??? Oh yeah...! LOL. So no problem with motivation getting back on track! I am actually looking forward to it because of all the postive feedback I received. If that isn't motivation for LC eating, what could be?

I took my scale with me and I exercised each day. My friends I roomed with said I have body dysmorphia and needed to see a therapist! I AM a therapist LOL!! But I bet I talked about exercise too much! It is my new way of life! I haven't settled down from it cause it hasn't been a year yet and I finally found something that brings out my natural attributes... why wouldn't I be a bit obsessed about it? Its like finding a gold mine! And it gave me my health and energy back too! My friends watched EVERYTHING I ate! No lie. They were observant. So I decided to give them a show and eat bread, fruit, cream in my coffee! Lots of butter! But I did get the locarb cheesecake at the Cheesecake factory... yum! I was laughing inside! I thought "Just help them relax around you, you have the discipline to get back to dieting after this retreat!" It was humourous. Really.
These friends are going to watch to see if I make my goal, and I will not dissappoint. I want to be an inspriration to them! One gal lost a bunch of weight LC'ing and unfortunately gained back the weight. I am going to stick to Stilly's in honor of myself and to engender hope once again for her.

My confidence is up, and so is my resolve to get back to chicken breasts and HB eggs. I asked my DH for grocery money so that I won't run out of these items and can stay on track for the next 2-3 weeks till I hit maintenance. Whatever the scale says, I will still have hope! I know I have about 10-12 lbs to lose versus the 7-9 lbs before I left. But I haven't weighed yet and it could be worse. I just know that for the first time in 51 years, I received nothing but "You look so beautiful!" from a bunch of old friends... it really can happen and I am not going to let that experience be a thing of the past! And the truth is, "Beautiful starts from the inside out." Part of that is compassion for others, and discipline for oneself... which is compassion for your self.

So all you hardcore Stilly's, here we go!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:47 AM   #625
Senior LCF Member

AL: You will MAKE it! Keep up the great work!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:51 AM   #626
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Wild! Wow! You are awesome. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:52 AM   #627
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kelsey: Congratulations on the weight loss.. and
Old 02-27-2011, 07:52 AM   #628
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow Anything! The absolute best update I have read!!!!!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:55 AM   #629
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok. Gals. . We must thing of something positive to call our March group. . .

Marching into a better body the Stillman's Weigh?

March Madness. .

Springing into March?

IDK. .just throwing it out there. . I want March to be a fabulous month. .soooo looking forward to this darn snow to be gone. .wanna walk outside. .wanna ride my bike. . wanna stop being a prisioner of by fat body and warm house!

Who's in?
Old 02-27-2011, 07:55 AM   #630
Senior LCF Member

Becky: We have been close to the same goal number on the scale! Have you thought about going without cream for a week to see if that can kick start you over the hump? I am going straight hardcore to get this over with!! I think its been about a month since we have been so close to goal... lets give it a push!