Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #571
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Sorry I've been gone a few days, peeps. Just didn't feel much like posting. I'm back now and ready for lots of tuna and chicken-joy!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #572
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
I'm back, too. . I've really been fighting a cold and sore throat. . I can't believe it. .haven't really been sick since I started Stillmans.. (at least that I can remember kickign my butt for a few days. .). . So. .I did some more soul searching and have decided that I am going to to "induction" South Beach / STillman's style. . Phase 1 (which lasts for 2 weeks). . does not allow carbs so I think I'll be OK. Veggies. . Lean Meat. . Lean Cheese, Cottage Cheese. . nothing super major. . a few nuts. . I think I can handle it. . I downloaded the book on my ipad so I have my food list ready at all times. .It just ads a little variety and I think I need that.. I hate the deprived feeling and need to get back to where I am not so friggin hungry (emotionally) all the time. I also realize I have to start moving..

OK. enough said. .I'm just gonna do it.. I already had some wonderful seasoned chicken, a cup of lettuce.. 1 Egg + 2 Egg whites.. and Turkey sausage. .Water, Water, Water, Coffee, Diet Coke and some Crystal Light. . Tonight, I plan on a few bites of grilled pork then I'm off to my Son's Play. . Opening night and he got one of the lead roles!! I'll report more later. . (He's playing Richie Cunnigham in Happy Days. . Hubby dyed his blonde hair red over the weekend. . LOL. .)

Huggss!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 02-24-2011 at 01:11 PM..
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #573
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG. .I just splashed hot sauce in my eye. . don't ever do that!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:03 AM   #574
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Good Morning!!! Hello Day 2!!!!

Weighed this morning and stats are true. 147..

Still sticking with my basics. chicken, tuna, and un-creamed coffee!!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:04 AM   #575
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
ouch!!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:47 AM   #576
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm back, too. . I've really been fighting a cold and sore throat. . I can't believe it. .haven't really been sick since I started Stillmans.. (at least that I can remember kickign my butt for a few days. .). . So. .I did some more soul searching and have decided that I am going to to "induction" South Beach / STillman's style. . Phase 1 (which lasts for 2 weeks). . does not allow carbs so I think I'll be OK. Veggies. . Lean Meat. . Lean Cheese, Cottage Cheese. . nothing super major. . a few nuts. . I think I can handle it. . I downloaded the book on my ipad so I have my food list ready at all times. .It just ads a little variety and I think I need that.. I hate the deprived feeling and need to get back to where I am not so friggin hungry (emotionally) all the time. I also realize I have to start moving..

OK. enough said. .I'm just gonna do it.. I already had some wonderful seasoned chicken, a cup of lettuce.. 1 Egg + 2 Egg whites.. and Turkey sausage. .Water, Water, Water, Coffee, Diet Coke and some Crystal Light. . Tonight, I plan on a few bites of grilled pork then I'm off to my Son's Play. . Opening night and he got one of the lead roles!! I'll report more later. . (He's playing Richie Cunnigham in Happy Days. . Hubby dyed his blonde hair red over the weekend. . LOL. .)

Huggss!!
Im getting over "another" cold too!!!! You poor thing!!!!

I like your plan!!

Tell us how little Richie did!!! So cool!!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:49 AM   #577
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
ready for lots of tuna and chicken-joy!
oh joy is right!!! But it works!!! My tummy feels lighter already!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 09:17 AM   #578
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Ow!
Old 02-25-2011, 09:18 AM   #579
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Good Morning!!! Hello Day 2!!!!

Weighed this morning and stats are true. 147..

Still sticking with my basics. chicken, tuna, and un-creamed coffee!!!!
You're doing it hardcore!
Old 02-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #580
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey! Al. . I'm on day 2 as well and I've been doing great! I think I have some of my old spark back. . Still feel like crapola but have been pumping up with vitamins and Dayquill. I know I got sick cuz I wasn't taking my vitamins religiously. . When we don't eat what we should, we really need to take them. ((hint, hint)). . .

Anyway. . I also am doing my coffee black. .I don't have any sugar free creamer so I don't dare add any sugar to my diet. . I'm also tracking my menu on-line and it calculates the percentages of fat, protein, carbs, etc. . For some reason, even though I'm eating all lean meat (eggs, chicken, etc). .I'm surprised at how much fat it registers. . we are talking like 45 % Fat 50 protein and 5 carbs (from the few veggies).. I'm going to track it for a week or so to see if it levels out. . I'm sure there is some scientific thing to it but it has me stumped!

My boy did very well last night. .in fact, . I would say great! I was really surprised at how well he could act. I knew he could sing (he's been in choir for years) but I wasn't too sure about the acting/dancing bit. The play is exceptionally cute. . I'm off to see it again tonight.. LOL
Old 02-25-2011, 05:00 PM   #581
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
I'm very sad that our family is breaking up! This board used to be buzzing with activity.. Let's go, gals. .we need our thoughts and encouragement to keep each other going. .

come on Peeps. . I really, really need some help. My friend is trying to make me defect over to the South Beach Weigh O Life. . IDK. . I can't do WW successfully and I'm really struggling with the meat thing. . For me. . it's all or nothing and once I screw up. . I'm just. . I"m done. . until something new comes along. . I just don't know what to do. .but I'm getting desperate. . I can't give up. . Hopefully something will come to me in my dreams. .

Nitey Nite. . LCF's .. you rock.. no matter what program you follow. .you are all heros. .
I'm here....sorry I haven't been around, things are slow this week and to top it all off the rear axle I ordered for my step brother turns out he didn't get a good diagnosis so I had to beg to get it returned AND eat the shipping both ways........dunba$$
Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
And geez, where is everyone?

Hallllooooooooooo.....people, are you there???

Quote:
GT- Just want to say that I love you and I get what your saying. There have been times in my life where the mirrors have played tricks on me. Sometimes we just have put our trust into our friends and family, and really believe them when they say we look great!

Not too many of us here can say we lost 125 lbs. You have done a remarkable job and we just need to find a way to get the old you out of your head, because you are not that girl anymore. You got your life back and you need to embrace it, love it and enjoy those tall thin legs fo yours!!! I know you were just having a bad day the other day and needed to vent. its exhausting being on a diet all the time and never feeling like we get the results we want!! But as long as we make minor positive changes along the way, I beleive we will get to that peaceful place and finally be able to give our minds a break.

You are beautiful inside and out! So splurge on another hot new outfit because you can!!!
what she said!
Quote:

Huggss!!
TTL
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:36 AM   #582
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Anyway. . I also am doing my coffee black. .I don't have any sugar free creamer so I don't dare add any sugar to my diet. .

My boy did very well last night. .in fact, . I would say great! I was really surprised at how well he could act. I knew he could sing (he's been in choir for years) but I wasn't too sure about the acting/dancing bit. The play is exceptionally cute. . I'm off to see it again tonight.. LOL
IM2, I'm thinking we should really try our best to keep the cream out of our coffees! Dont buy any even if youve got 3 coupons in your purse. Coffee is one of the highlights of my day and those creamers surely add up! Lets keep this as simple as we can. For me its still tuna and chicken, and for you its meat + veggie+ nuts!!! (did you pick the lowest carb nuts? I would need to be eating the evil cashews. ) Lets strip our foods down to just wholesome goodness. No extras that make it taste better so we eat more! Lets lose some pounds!!! We can do it!!!

Im so excited to hear about your son! He's one of the Glee kids! Woohoo!! My 6 year old thinks he's Justin Beiber. He shows me his "moves" all day and wont let me cut his hair.. so cute!

BTW- that hulu site I told you about now has a fee to watch Season 2. Sorry about the mix-up. Now I have to wait for my next shipment of netflix!!
Old 02-26-2011, 05:37 AM   #583
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
I'm here....sorry I haven't been around, things are slow this week and to top it all off the rear axle I ordered for my step brother turns out he didn't get a good diagnosis so I had to beg to get it returned AND eat the shipping both ways........dunba$$
and hugs to you CC!!! that stinks about the shipping, but it couldve been much worse!!! All those boys are lucky to have you!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 05:38 AM   #584
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You're doing it hardcore!
Yeah Baby!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 05:40 AM   #585
Blabbermouth!!!

Well peeps... The weight has dropped and its only Day 3. Im suspecting it has to do with the Clartin D Ive been taking thats drying me right out! Gonna keep my h2o intake up today, and not let anythign pass my lips but coffee, chicken, and tuna!

so boring, isnt it?
Old 02-26-2011, 07:24 AM   #586
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Congrats on your talented son! Are you becoming a stage Mom!! He! Only joking! Have fun tonight!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:24 AM   #587
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi GT!!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:27 AM   #588
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
(did you pick the lowest carb nuts? I would need to be eating the evil cashews. )
Me too! Or worse still peanuts!! Did ya ever try macademia nuts-gawd gross! (tried them when I did the FF) Ugh I was chewing for hours! Twas worse then dry tuna!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:29 AM   #589
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hi GT!!!!
Hi Al you workin? Poor you. I'm drinking tea! I was thinking about you this morning actually-was listening to GaGa's new song. I don't like it at all, it's like Madonna in the 80s. Don't get it cos I love all her songs!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:32 AM   #590
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well peeps... The weight has dropped and its only Day 3. Im suspecting it has to do with the Clartin D Ive been taking thats drying me right out! Gonna keep my h2o intake up today, and not let anythign pass my lips but coffee, chicken, and tuna!

so boring, isnt it?
I haven't weighed yet but I feel better (weight wise - devoid of bloat, anyway .). . dying of thirst from all the Dayquil. . really drying me out but my head just aches. . mmm I think a cold is 3 days in 3 days out. . hopefully today is the last of feeling like I feel. . I'm sick of being sick. . I don't have time. .
One more play night. (bTW. my other son plays in the "pit" . . he's the only high schooler who was asked to play music. . dont' ask me where they get it. . in fact, my friend said "your boys must get it from their Dad's side of the family. . because I've heard you sing!). gotta love honest friends. .

I'm doing eggs, turkey sausage and hot sauce on lettuce! Black Coffee, just for Al. . . .about the nuts. .I just have to keep them out of the house. neither hubby or I would leave them alone. If I do buy any, I buy the small gas station type bags and we split it. . but I think I shall pass on that. . jello seems like a better alternative. .
Old 02-26-2011, 07:38 AM   #591
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Im2! yay on the light feeling!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:45 AM   #592
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi Al you workin? Poor you. I'm drinking tea! I was thinking about you this morning actually-was listening to GaGa's new song. I don't like it at all, it's like Madonna in the 80s. Don't get it cos I love all her songs!
that one will grow on ya too!!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:56 AM   #593
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm doing eggs, turkey sausage and hot sauce on lettuce! Black Coffee, just for Al. . . .about the nuts. .I just have to keep them out of the house. neither hubby or I would leave them alone. If I do buy any, I buy the small gas station type bags and we split it. . but I think I shall pass on that. . jello seems like a better alternative. .
sorry to bring up the nuts! i thought they were part of your plan!! hoorah for jello!!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:59 AM   #594
Blabbermouth!!!

Crystal Light should make jello.......
Old 02-26-2011, 08:02 AM   #595
Blabbermouth!!!

and im2 got me wanting lettuce leaves!!!!

Heres my new thing..Im goin with QWL as long as I can but if I have to cheat it will be on lettuce and cukes! (thats a new one for me) and then right back to meat!! woohoo!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:02 AM   #596
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Lost a little more

Life is going pretty well. I like the new guy- we had our second date last night. OMG, the man is an amazing kisser. I never knew that a good kissing "style" actually existed until now. Rawr.

On the other hand, I am sooooo busy and behind on my school responsibilities. *Sigh* I have new boy fever.
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:09 AM   #597
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
Lost a little more

OMG, the man is an amazing kisser. I never knew that a good kissing "style" actually existed until now. Rawr.
I have new boy fever.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:13 AM   #598
Blabbermouth!!!

ooo la la EMKY!!!! Congrats on the loss and the boy!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:30 AM   #599
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/180/160 5'5"
Hi all!!

Last Thursday & Friday...I ate whatever I felt like eating. I was at a retreat in the woods...didn't take my meat & eggs...I just ate what they served and all of the snacks they provided.

I truly pigged out...but never felt like I "had enough"....KWIM? Even though I had a dull headache and felt bloaty...I never felt like I had enough...

It was a good reminder to me that I just can't have all of those carbs...I can't eat them in moderation.

I got back on track Saturday morning. I was 152 on Thursday morning...and when I got home from the retreat, I figured it would be 157...maybe 158. I started TOM and knew that could move those scales up....but I wasn't ready for the number I saw...
ONE HUNDRED SIXTY THREE POUNDS!!! That's what it said Sunday morning too!!

WOW!!!! I've never gained that quickly before....

I know, I know it was mainly water, or whatever...but it was real to me!

Each day or two this past week I have lost a pound or two...and this morning it was 151.

I've been drinking at least a gallon of water a day. I've also added a little coconut oil back into my diet...and last night I took my first dose of "Natural Calm" .

I bought the Natural Calm hoping it would help a little with fatigue and constipation.

Other than that I'm still steakin' ....and cream in my coffee. A little broccoli and/or ceasar salad if I eat out.

I still can't get over the fact that TOM, and a carbfest added 12-13 pounds. I could feel it too...my face looked puffy...and my straight bluejean skirt felt tighter around my hips...and "shorter" ... I guess due to my bloated tummy.

I do wonder though, If I had gotten back on the SAD saturday instead of back to LCing...would my weight have stayed in the 160's? I think it probably would have...but I don't want to test it for sure.

The key for me seems to be that I CANNOT go on a binge for more than a day...maybe not more than a meal. For the most part, it's just best that I don't binge at all.

When I have an urge that I can't seem to get past, I will grab a couple of slices of swiss cheese....I love the taste.

IM, I'm glad to hear of your son's performance...i would love to see a video!

AL, sounds like you are on the ball. I admire you for giving up the cream...that is such a treat for me...I'm not quite able to give it up yet. You have seen some nice losses this week! Congrats!

emky, glad to hear you have found a good kissin' friend! : ) I hope things work out wonderfully for you! Don't let your school work suffer though! Don't lose your focus!

GT, hope you are doing well... I could relate to some of your thoughts about our self-held body image...it's hard to see what's in the mirror when our own perceptions are so strong. You've done such a great job on your journey.

Hi CC! I would love to go shopping with you sometime!! I'm interested in EFTGT, but I haven't checked into it thoroughly...all of those percentages scare me off...I hate keeping track of what I eat...but I maybe could get to goal quicker if I did.

I'm always amazed at how this journey never ends...it seems I never find the answer totally...always tweaking and finding new things to try or new things to give up. Makes me wonder if we ever arrive...i tend to think not. But I'm so thankful for the past 8 months and the changes I've made. I don't want to go back to where I was in June of 2010!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #600
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Becky! You always have the greatest updates!!!!

I admire you (and always have) for having the planned cheats, and the control to get right back in the game!!! Im sure those numbers were a shock to you. The same thing happened to me... Flashback: Al leaves for tropical 'all you can eat' vacation at 113. Comes back a week later, with her jeans unbuttoned at 130!

I think if you continued eating SAD, that your weight would go up and up a little each week. Just like me. I know you wont ever go there.

So besides eat, what else did you do in the woods? Wasn't it cold? I think we need a meat retreat! We could roast our chicken and ribeyes over an open fire! Eat our tuna right out of the can!!