Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 10:50 PM   #541
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
Eureka!

I have found the answer to my problem!

Today I am 123.2 lbs. I checked three times- the scale is reading correctly. My ketone strip turned the darkest shade possible this morning, even after having a couple of low carb beers last night. So what have I been doing differently the last two days? NOT EATING DINNER. *That* is the key for me. I have finally found the missing link!

Screw you, fat, you're doomed now!!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2011, 10:21 AM   #542
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Where is everyone?? I'm missing ya'all
Old 02-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #543
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Al: Thank you for the congratulations on the club pic! Glad you are getting back into the game and doing better...

IM: It is really a mind game isn't it, these social obligations... know that eating well is the best thing for you, and you are the only one who cares as much as you do! (except God of course). So stick with your plan. Try writing down your eating goals for the day, and then at each meal take out the paper and check it off, like "no pastries, Check!" Since its a game, lets play to win!

As far as those nasty plateus we all get, we are either going to brave that dark valley and come back up to light and our mountain top experience, or we will turn around... what is it that you really want? I know, I was the same weight for a month, and almost lost out on my breast reduction!
words to live by...thank you ATWD!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:26 PM   #544
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
*sigh*- you're right. I'll continue on. I mean, at least I feel good physically and I'm not gaining weight. My skin is clear again thanks to the sugar being MIA, and I don't have terrible cravings like I used to. I'm also not trapped in the binge/purge cycle.

So, all in all, it is worth it for me to stay in this place at this time.
hey, you do have company in 'that' place!
Old 02-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #545
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Yipppeee. .skipppeee. . I made it for a few days.. I have 3 (I think) solid days under my belt and should now start reaping the rewards of being a no carb/lower carb hottie!!

You gals are the best! Thank you for welcoming me back no matter what sins I committed. . I am ready to rock N roll!!
IMO you never left...go you!
Old 02-21-2011, 03:29 PM   #546
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
You're so not too old!!!!! Those skirts are everywhere here!
OMG Al. who you callin' old? Yer just a baby fer Chrissakes, get thee a mini!
Old 02-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #547
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
GT

Hey.. has Nermo ever checked in again? I sure wish she would. . would love to hear from her..
and Yam and Mim and Gwn, the list goes on and on......
Old 02-21-2011, 03:39 PM   #548
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Im wondering if I follow this to a T, if the weight will come off as quickly as the first time. Does anyone think we only get one shot? I know its a dismal thought - sorry...
I don't........
Old 02-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #549
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I have eight measely lbs to go before I start to maintain (just like last month)... so I am going back to journaling my food on this board. I am going to add just a bit of good fat (but it will be measured and calorie counted), as my brain (memory) disinigrates with a total nonfat diet... this is what happened to me with the long term dieting with no fat... plus I don't get as tired. But it will be measured. I also will not eat (though I will allow hot tea) after 3 pm. I can do this for a week! My calorie count is going to be 640 a day (Stillman allows for 1200 a day on task with no fat lean meats). That means I can have 4 eggs at 240 and 4 TBSP Wasabi mayo (that is measured and not overflowing) for 400 calories. On the online calorie counter it said I had to have 579 calories a day... that isn't going to work! I can stop eating after 3 pm for the next 8 days! I am sacraficing going to a retreat for this! I just can't be around a bunch of social stuff while I finish this up. It is more important to finish this once and for all! Then I will bump up the calories to 1200 for maintenance (and attend social functions). I am going to need to be very very dedicated to get down to that 140 mark. However, my diet will be a noose around my neck till I make that final goal! Thanks for letting me rant...

Breakfast; 2 HB eggs 2 TBS Wasabi Mayo, virgin iced tea

Lunch: (mmmm, I think I will have another 2 eggs 2 TBS Wasabi Mayo and tea! LOL)

Do you guys think I can keep this up for 8 days? Heeeere IIIIIIIIIIIII GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I will check in at bedtime with you all. Stay true to your self.
God(dess) bless you girl......stay strong!
Old 02-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #550
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
OK. lunch break over. . (hubby grilled me up a bacon wrap filet. ) I know . no bacon but how could I resist such a nice gesture. .no carbs, right?
love that man! How sweet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateL110 View Post
Hi everyone. So I have been a long time lurker lol...I have tried stillmans a few times and lose about 5-8lbs each try, then binge like crazy on anything with carbs. I have to be fit by this summer and I also have a very exciting weekend planned the first week of march that i want to feel fabulous by. So I have come up with a plan that I think will help me get to my goals with out bingeing! Each week I will do a few days of stillmans, and on the off days I will eat a low calorie, whole foods type diet. In the past ive noticed that after a few days zero carb then one day with carbs the scale still drops, if i dont over do the carbs lol. I think that posting my progress and reading everyone elses encouraging posts will keep me on track.
Wlecome Kate! It should be a short ride for you, not that much to lose!

Quote:
Eureka!

I have found the answer to my problem!

Today I am 123.2 lbs. I checked three times- the scale is reading correctly. My ketone strip turned the darkest shade possible this morning, even after having a couple of low carb beers last night. So what have I been doing differently the last two days? NOT EATING DINNER. *That* is the key for me. I have finally found the missing link!

Screw you, fat, you're doomed now!!
I'm with ya on no dinner! Dark strips=dehydrated BTW

Quote:
GT.. I can't help it. . but I just have to comment. .you have always been in my thoughts. . and I think you are way too hard on yourself. .. you are taller than me and my goal weight is higher than what you weigh now! I am positive you look great and you should really think about trying maintenance. .
You need to make peace with your body and love you for you! YOu have so many wonderful qualities and I can just tell that you are a wonderful person. Give yourself a huge hug and please, please . . remember that you are Great!!! give yourself another huge hug. . and then hug yourself again. . You've done great. .you're doing great and you will continue to do great!!!
what she said.........you need new no fat goggles, girl!
Old 02-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #551
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

whew! All caught up now!

I need to get back to QWL....the EFGT will be great for maintenance but I don't feel lighter.

sorry I was AWOL but Saturday is hunting and gathering day, Sunday was a long overdue delayed Xmas gifting with my BFF. We went fishing at Marshalls but no catch of the week. I did find some nice stuff for Xmas coming tho.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #552
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
emky; So if I am reading you right, not eating dinner is helping? Please correct me if I am confused...
That's exactly it!

So, tomorrow I'm going on a date with the guy I met at the party a couple weekends ago. We're going for Thai, but since we're both low carb peeps, I assume we'll both be skipping the rice. Yum, yum.

What else is new in my life? Hmm. Oh that's right: my best friend confessed to me AGAIN that he loves me and that hanging out with me for the past year has been "torture" for him (because I've told him 3 times now that I'm not romantically interested in him AT ALL). Because I apparently cause him so much "agony" he decided we "need a break" as friends.

WTH. He's such a drama queen. He ran into our mutual friend after confessing all of this to me and broke down sobbing in a parking lot.
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG Emk, call CBS!!!!!!!!!!!!

just kidding...........it sounds like he's pretty focused on you and needs a new target? Is he really your BFF or just a friend that happens to be a boy?

and to think I was ready to ditch primetime for SoapNet just now
Old 02-22-2011, 12:46 AM   #554
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Emky, sounds like he has a real obession, and yes, only time away from you is going to help him... for quite a while. Pray for him...

CC: Its good to see you back on the boards!

IM: How is it going?

Becky123: Where are you?

Everyone; We can do this, We CAN do this, We CAN do THIS!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:07 AM   #555
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Kate; Are you with us? Hope so!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #556
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
OMG Emk, call CBS!!!!!!!!!!!!

just kidding...........it sounds like he's pretty focused on you and needs a new target? Is he really your BFF or just a friend that happens to be a boy?

and to think I was ready to ditch primetime for SoapNet just now

I know you guys- it's effing crazy! And we are (were?) best friends, but never a couple (because I just don't have it for him). The thing is, he has Aspergers and is very internally focused. He has trouble with social stuff, and often has to guess what people are thinking/feeling because he can't read facial expressions well.

It's hard to deal with his whiny bs because it's difficult to tell where the syndrome ends and his real characteristics begin. He certainly makes life difficult for himself.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:40 AM   #557
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning. . So glad to see some smiley faces on here! Let's just call the weekend a wash and start fresh!!

So here I am . .2 no carb meals under my belt. . 3 waters, 2 coffees and one diet pepsi. . I'm about ready to float away . . .

Wild

Al. . where are you?

EMK

CC
Old 02-22-2011, 01:28 PM   #558
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KateL110
Stats: 140/129/115
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2011
ugggh been sick for a couple days ....not a good time to be sick. I doubt i will eat much today but if i do, i will try to keep it low carb.
KateL110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #559
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I know you guys- it's effing crazy! And we are (were?) best friends, but never a couple (because I just don't have it for him). The thing is, he has Aspergers and is very internally focused. He has trouble with social stuff, and often has to guess what people are thinking/feeling because he can't read facial expressions well.

It's hard to deal with his whiny bs because it's difficult to tell where the syndrome ends and his real characteristics begin. He certainly makes life difficult for himself.
Yikes what is Aspergens? Drama syndrome?

Quote:
Morning. . So glad to see some smiley faces on here! Let's just call the weekend a wash and start fresh!!

So here I am . .2 no carb meals under my belt. . 3 waters, 2 coffees and one diet pepsi. . I'm about ready to float away . . .

Wild

Al. . where are you?

EMK

CC
WTG you! I am so trying to water up.......does coffee count?
Al might be off with the pups-no school this week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateL110 View Post
ugggh been sick for a couple days ....not a good time to be sick. I doubt i will eat much today but if i do, i will try to keep it low carb.
Poor kid..feel better fast!
Old 02-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #560
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm very sad that our family is breaking up! This board used to be buzzing with activity.. Let's go, gals. .we need our thoughts and encouragement to keep each other going. .

come on Peeps. . I really, really need some help. My friend is trying to make me defect over to the South Beach Weigh O Life. . IDK. . I can't do WW successfully and I'm really struggling with the meat thing. . For me. . it's all or nothing and once I screw up. . I'm just. . I"m done. . until something new comes along. . I just don't know what to do. .but I'm getting desperate. . I can't give up. . Hopefully something will come to me in my dreams. .

Nitey Nite. . LCF's .. you rock.. no matter what program you follow. .you are all heros. .
Old 02-23-2011, 05:11 AM   #561
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My friend is trying to make me defect over to the South Beach Weigh O Life.
DON'T DO IT!!!

If anything, slowly transition yourself to Atkins (namely Induction-type eating) and just keep the veggies high and the dairy low. Work out a little. Just whatever you do, don't go back to grains!

Come on- you can make this work! You already know eating low carb kicks butt- sometimes it just takes a while to see results. Is that fair? No, no it isn't always fair. BUT, you will feel so much better in the long run! I can say that from personal experience: both of my aunts have been doing low carb for 15+ years now and they are aging but in GREAT shape and both have energy to spare. The one adopted this eating style after she beat stage 3 cancer- guess what? Her cancer has not come back. So, if nothing else, eating this way has definitely not hurt her any!!!

Sorry if that was ramble-y and uncoordinated, but I really do think this WOE (low carb) is the best! That's why I've been sticking with it even though my weight has been maintaining at best. I really do feel great.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:40 PM   #562
Senior LCF Member

And geez, where is everyone?

Hallllooooooooooo.....people, are you there???
Old 02-24-2011, 07:05 AM   #563
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
I'm really struggling with the meat thing. . For me. . it's all or nothing and once I screw up. . I'm just. . I"m done. . until something new comes along. . I just don't know what to do. .but I'm getting desperate. . I can't give up. . .
fellow struggler here. Lets try to do this right this time! Lets give it one more shot! Lets log in daily and share what we ate. every last bite. Lets not mess up no matter how cranky we get.

As much as I dont want to, its gonna be chicken breast and tuna for me. I'm not going to use any condiments except mustard. no cream in my coffee. keeping it as simple as possibel. By this time next week, lets see how much we can lose!!! I'm off my shpeel of eating big portions as long as its meat. Im going to keep it lean and controlled the next few days. Im on tuna one can at a time. Im off eggs again too.

This extra weight makes me miserable and its got to go!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:24 AM   #564
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
GT- Just want to say that I love you and I get what your saying. There have been times in my life where the mirrors have played tricks on me. Sometimes we just have put our trust into our friends and family, and really believe them when they say we look great!

Not too many of us here can say we lost 125 lbs. You have done a remarkable job and we just need to find a way to get the old you out of your head, because you are not that girl anymore. You got your life back and you need to embrace it, love it and enjoy those tall thin legs fo yours!!! I know you were just having a bad day the other day and needed to vent. its exhausting being on a diet all the time and never feeling like we get the results we want!! But as long as we make minor positive changes along the way, I beleive we will get to that peaceful place and finally be able to give our minds a break.

You are beautiful inside and out! So splurge on another hot new outfit because you can!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:09 PM   #565
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
GT.. I can't help it. . but I just have to comment. .you have always been in my thoughts. . and I think you are way too hard on yourself. .. you are taller than me and my goal weight is higher than what you weigh now! I am positive you look great and you should really think about trying maintenance. .
You need to make peace with your body and love you for you! YOu have so many wonderful qualities and I can just tell that you are a wonderful person. Give yourself a huge hug and please, please . . remember that you are Great!!! give yourself another huge hug. . and then hug yourself again. . You've done great. .you're doing great and you will continue to do great!!!
Thanks
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #566
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
and Yam and Mim and Gwn, the list goes on and on......
Old 02-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #567
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
That's exactly it!

So, tomorrow I'm going on a date with the guy I met at the party a couple weekends ago. We're going for Thai, but since we're both low carb peeps, I assume we'll both be skipping the rice. Yum, yum.

What else is new in my life? Hmm. Oh that's right: my best friend confessed to me AGAIN that he loves me and that hanging out with me for the past year has been "torture" for him (because I've told him 3 times now that I'm not romantically interested in him AT ALL). Because I apparently cause him so much "agony" he decided we "need a break" as friends.

WTH. He's such a drama queen. He ran into our mutual friend after confessing all of this to me and broke down sobbing in a parking lot.
OMG!!........... Have fun on your date though!
Old 02-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #568
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh actually that was prob days ago!!
Old 02-24-2011, 12:15 PM   #569
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I'm very sad that our family is breaking up! This board used to be buzzing with activity.. Let's go, gals. .we need our thoughts and encouragement to keep each other going. .
. .
I know! Now it's dead! Come on peeps!
Old 02-24-2011, 12:18 PM   #570
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
GT- Just want to say that I love you and I get what your saying. There have been times in my life where the mirrors have played tricks on me. Sometimes we just have put our trust into our friends and family, and really believe them when they say we look great!

Not too many of us here can say we lost 125 lbs. You have done a remarkable job and we just need to find a way to get the old you out of your head, because you are not that girl anymore. You got your life back and you need to embrace it, love it and enjoy those tall thin legs fo yours!!! I know you were just having a bad day the other day and needed to vent. its exhausting being on a diet all the time and never feeling like we get the results we want!! But as long as we make minor positive changes along the way, I beleive we will get to that peaceful place and finally be able to give our minds a break.

You are beautiful inside and out! So splurge on another hot new outfit because you can!!!
Thanks!......................should never have had that to lose in the first place though. Can't believe I used to weigh that much.