Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 03:00 PM   #451
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Just checkin in and the first thing I noticed was the 60lb club pic, anything!!!! WTG!!!! You really have done so well, and even though you splurge on a few almonds, you get right back on!!! Right back to business!!!! You, becky, CC and a few others are so in control it kills me!!!!!

So, I guess I can say Im on plan, sorta.... Had 2 prime rib steaks, 2 eggs, and 1 coffee and cream. Like 2 glasses of CL..... I cant let the fat go to waste on my steaks so lets say Im off Stillmans but on VLC..it'll be that way until all my meat is gone.. I had steak for breakfast today and kept eating all day long. Im not even full right now. oh well. a few more days and hopefully my appetite will decrease. I really do so much better when I skip breakfast and eat really late lunch and supper....
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2011, 03:05 PM   #452
Blabbermouth!!!

So...Ive been watching GLEE from the beginning...even upped my Netflix to 3 at a time for it!!! I know Im probably too old, but I LOVE all the cute little skirts and empire styles that Rachel and Quinn wear.... would they be considered out of style?? Cause I will rock those outfits when I get to goal!!! CC, GT... give me the low-down...
Old 02-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #453
Blabbermouth!!!

and I think Im gonna get some Gaga horns to go with my school girl skirts....

kidding, peeps!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 03:21 PM   #454
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
If you all noticed I have my 60 lbs pic up now. I actually have lost 68 lbs, so I am wanting that 70 lbs pic up soon. I won't put it up until I can actually maintain it for a week or so. (I would hate to exchange it later LOL)

Note to self: After I maintain 145 for a week or two, say, 10 days, start for the 140 goal. Then STOP so your face won't sag more!!

Okay, eggs are hard boiled... by for now...
is THAT the trick to not sagging! Thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Just checkin in and the first thing I noticed was the 60lb club pic, anything!!!! WTG!!!! You really have done so well, and even though you splurge on a few almonds, you get right back on!!! Right back to business!!!! You, becky, CC and a few others are so in control it kills me!!!!!

So, I guess I can say Im on plan, sorta.... Had 2 prime rib steaks, 2 eggs, and 1 coffee and cream. Like 2 glasses of CL..... I cant let the fat go to waste on my steaks so lets say Im off Stillmans but on VLC..it'll be that way until all my meat is gone.. I had steak for breakfast today and kept eating all day long. Im not even full right now. oh well. a few more days and hopefully my appetite will decrease. I really do so much better when I skip breakfast and eat really late lunch and supper....
mmmmmmm prime rib

I don't see it as in control, Al. For me it's been gradual, not like the hundred pound whooshes that you and GT seem to have had.

More importantly, it's the lifestyle change. Finding out that carbs, grains and sugar are making us ill or even dead was it for me. There is no going back. And I don't even want to. There's nothing good there. Eating like a cavegirl for life is where I'm at.
I am slowly figuring out how to sub for himself's well being, too. As long as it still tastes good why tell him? I made tthis yesterday and he loves it.

Cowgirl BBQ Sauce

1 28 oz. can tomato sauce or puree
2 tbsp. EV olive oil
1 tbsp. garlic powder
3 tbsp. onion powder
3 tbsp. chili powder
2 tbsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground red pepper or more if you want more bite
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
1/3 to 1/4 c. granulated Splenda

In a saucepan heat the olive oil on medoum low. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth. Cover and simmer for forty five minute on very low heat (tomatoes hold heat really well and will reach simmering even on the lowest setting) until the tomato sauce no longer tastes raw. Adjust vinegar and Splenda to taste. Allow to cool and store in a lidded mason jar. Makes three cups. Will keep refirgerated for weeks but there won't be any in there that long!

Nutritionals per entire recipe:

881 calories
33.44 g. fat
4631 g. sodium
141 g. carbs
22.6 g. fiber
17.51 g. protein
47.5 g. sugar

8 tablespoons = 1/2 cup = 4 ounces
serving size two tbsp = 1/8 cup = 1 oz.
divide the final totals by 28 and you get the per serving totals

Last edited by CCGirl; 02-16-2011 at 03:43 PM..
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:25 AM   #455
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Okay, except for the champagne night I have been very strict w/ eating. I've been sticking with lean protein and drinking a gallon of water/day consistently now for many days. I cut back on the exercise (which was moderate/intense cardio, not weightlifting), but still I have been doing it for a month. I know I'm in ketosis every day, because the sticks (and my icky breath/smelly pee) tell me so.

And yet my weight still keeps hovering between 127-126. I started at 127 over a month ago. I'm ready to punch something. Really, what more can I do? I honestly don't think I could cut back on calories- that would just be too much for me. Not eating 95% of available foods- fine. It's worth it to be thin. But only eating meat (mostly lean) and having to watch my calories like the non low-carb diet people? No. Nope, I can't do it.
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:30 AM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
Okay, except for the champagne night I have been very strict w/ eating. I've been sticking with lean protein and drinking a gallon of water/day consistently now for many days. I cut back on the exercise (which was moderate/intense cardio, not weightlifting), but still I have been doing it for a month. I know I'm in ketosis every day, because the sticks (and my icky breath/smelly pee) tell me so.

And yet my weight still keeps hovering between 127-126. I started at 127 over a month ago. I'm ready to punch something. Really, what more can I do? I honestly don't think I could cut back on calories- that would just be too much for me. Not eating 95% of available foods- fine. It's worth it to be thin. But only eating meat (mostly lean) and having to watch my calories like the non low-carb diet people? No. Nope, I can't do it.
Isn't it crazy emky?? Maybe you are building muscle that is making you leaner?? I believe as women losing weight is so hard because of hormones...it seems there are times of the month our bodies just WON'T let go of that fat...

I sure don't have the answer...but it's enough to make a sane woman nuts...

Last edited by becky123abc; 02-17-2011 at 04:38 AM..
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:36 AM   #457
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Ok, I started the "drink TONS of water" thing this week, and the scales moved 2 lbs down the first morning, 2 more lbs the second morning...and two pounds UP this morning!

I did have a cheat time Friday...so maybe the nice loss was just water from that coming back off.

Here's the dangerous part...

I have this women's retreat this weekend...it starts this evening and will be over Saturday morning.

When I was losing...yesterday when I hit 150...I said to myself, "Hey, I'm so close to the 140's...I will be a good LC girl and take meat and eggs to eat."

But when I saw that 152 this morning my thought was, "Dang it, I'm going to eat whatever they serve at the retreat..."

Dangerous slippery slope thinking...

But I probably will eat whatever of Friday and get back on track Saturday...it will be nice not to have to lug a cooler with eggs and meat in it.

But if I had seen 149 this morning it would have been hard to cheat....

I don't know if that makes sense to anyone...I'm just rambling this morning as my coffee kicks in!

Love to you all ... Stay strong...or at least don't stay weak for long! : )
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:13 AM   #458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Morning, my lovely losers!

OK. .so I did the training session yesterday and I think I did OK. .I ended up ordering the seasoned salmon salad. .no dressing, hot sauce on the side! MMmmm. . The lettuce made me a tiny bit bloated in the afternoon but I still think I did great considering what I could have ordered. . Burger and fries to my right. . . Buffalo Chicken wrap to my left and oozy french onion soup right in front of me. I have to say the Salmon was fabs. I skipped the breakfast carbs and headed straight for the diet Coke, coffee and water. . Yay, Me. .

I was hungry on the way home so I stopped and got some string cheese and some lean turkey. . ..

I think I feel the good ole; motivation kicking in. The trick will be the weekend for me. .

O. . I apologize but I'm not doing 100% Stillmans (yet). .decided to take it slow . .no carbs but I will have a cup or two of Veggies (Lunch/Dinner). . .and I have been eating a little more ground beef, etc. . I figure once I get over the withdrawal. .I'll cut everything back. .

OK. .let;s fire up our metabolism with a few leg lifts. . come on. . you can do it!

O .and Al. .Take your vitamins, gal!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:13 AM   #459
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

emky: Congrats! How long have you been doing Stills?
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:14 AM   #460
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Becks! . .I'm up for the water challenge today. .didn't get quite as much in as I wanted to yesterday. . but I am close to a bathroom today. .so Watch out!!! Crazy Pee lady coming through
Old 02-17-2011, 05:16 AM   #461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CC
Old 02-17-2011, 05:17 AM   #462
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
So...Ive been watching GLEE from the beginning...even upped my Netflix to 3 at a time for it!!! I know Im probably too old, but I LOVE all the cute little skirts and empire styles that Rachel and Quinn wear.... would they be considered out of style?? Cause I will rock those outfits when I get to goal!!! CC, GT... give me the low-down...
By the way Al. . didn't I tell you . .you would love it!!! I'm hooked too but I refuse to watch it when its on TV. .I want to be able to get my fix all at once. . .

I'm watching American Idol now.. I must be a music junky. . .
Old 02-17-2011, 05:51 AM   #463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Isn't it crazy emky?? Maybe you are building muscle that is making you leaner?? I believe as women losing weight is so hard because of hormones...it seems there are times of the month our bodies just WON'T let go of that fat...

I sure don't have the answer...but it's enough to make a sane woman nuts...
no clue here.........some have been stuck for months

Quote:
Ok, I started the "drink TONS of water" thing this week, and the scales moved 2 lbs down the first morning, 2 more lbs the second morning...and two pounds UP this morning!

I did have a cheat time Friday...so maybe the nice loss was just water from that coming back off.

Here's the dangerous part...

I have this women's retreat this weekend...it starts this evening and will be over Saturday morning.

When I was losing...yesterday when I hit 150...I said to myself, "Hey, I'm so close to the 140's...I will be a good LC girl and take meat and eggs to eat."

But when I saw that 152 this morning my thought was, "Dang it, I'm going to eat whatever they serve at the retreat..."

Dangerous slippery slope thinking...

But I probably will eat whatever of Friday and get back on track Saturday...it will be nice not to have to lug a cooler with eggs and meat in it.

But if I had seen 149 this morning it would have been hard to cheat....

I don't know if that makes sense to anyone...I'm just rambling this morning as my coffee kicks in!

Love to you all ... Stay strong...or at least don't stay weak for long! : )
words to live by........and strange/funny how one number vs. another changes your thinking....
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Morning, my lovely losers!

OK. .so I did the training session yesterday and I think I did OK. .I ended up ordering the seasoned salmon salad. .no dressing, hot sauce on the side! MMmmm. . The lettuce made me a tiny bit bloated in the afternoon but I still think I did great considering what I could have ordered. . Burger and fries to my right. . . Buffalo Chicken wrap to my left and oozy french onion soup right in front of me. I have to say the Salmon was fabs. I skipped the breakfast carbs and headed straight for the diet Coke, coffee and water. . Yay, Me. .

I was hungry on the way home so I stopped and got some string cheese and some lean turkey. . ..

I think I feel the good ole; motivation kicking in. The trick will be the weekend for me. .

O. . I apologize but I'm not doing 100% Stillmans (yet). .decided to take it slow . .no carbs but I will have a cup or two of Veggies (Lunch/Dinner). . .and I have been eating a little more ground beef, etc. . I figure once I get over the withdrawal. .I'll cut everything back. .

OK. .let;s fire up our metabolism with a few leg lifts. . come on. . you can do it!

O .and Al. .Take your vitamins, gal!
watch those 'seasonings' in dining out, it's just another word for salt

will do leg lifts on the way to the barn.......the boys (horses)will be so happy, we are supposed to break 40F today!

and again thanks for the vit reminder, haven't taken them in ages!

have a great day all!
Old 02-17-2011, 06:39 AM   #464
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
By the way Al. . didn't I tell you . .you would love it!!! I'm hooked too but I refuse to watch it when its on TV. .I want to be able to get my fix all at once. . .

I'm watching American Idol now.. I must be a music junky. . .
season 2 is on hulu... do a search! (im still on season 1 but my dvds are coming today!!! )

did the competition start yet for Amer Idol? caught a few of the auditions and loved the new crew! gonna try to watch it this time around. its been a few years for me..

BBL peeps!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 06:52 AM   #465
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hula, huh? I'm gonna have to check it out. . That is.. once I get home from work. .

O.. and I weighed in the is morning. . Same weight!! I should up my stats.. I guess I will (((sigh))) been stuck here so long. . maybe if I see it in writing it'll freak me out. . .OK.. gonna do it!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:28 AM   #466
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I will only eat meat. . I will only eat meat. .

Come on. . repeat after me. .

Meat, meat. . is my only treat. .

I will eat meat,

I will love meat,

I will become one with meat. .

Meat, meat is my only treat. .

I LOVE MEAT!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:34 AM   #467
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ADLMA
My hubby brought another rosmary bun for me. OK. I am sooooo getting the feeling he is attempting to ambush my efforts! lol
ADLMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:38 AM   #468
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ADLMA
IM2fat - I confess, I don't even like meat. I am fast learning I am not so fond of eggs either. I am hoping gratification will make me love both, whether I like the way they taste or not. lol
ADLMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:54 AM   #469
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADLMA View Post
IM2fat - I confess, I don't even like meat. I am fast learning I am not so fond of eggs either. I am hoping gratification will make me love both, whether I like the way they taste or not. lol
How on earth can you do this? You are one brave, brave gal!!! I like my meat cooked and crispy. . dipped and stripped. . .broiled and baked. . (but not Shaked). . . OOO. . grilled and chilled!!

Give me some meat and I'm a happy gal!
Old 02-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #470
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have to admit.. gals.. I'm already so much more satisfied than when I was following my other plan. . Less hunger and when I am hungry .. I know it. . . . Not hte lingering kinda hungry. . .if you know what I mean. . Perhaps the emotional hunger instead of the physical hunger?? Sometimes I wonder if I make any sense at all. . .
Old 02-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #471
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
My hubby brought another rosmary bun for me. OK. I am sooooo getting the feeling he is attempting to ambush my efforts! lol
Tell Hubby. .thank you. . and feed it to the dog. . works every time!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 09:57 AM   #472
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Water number three down. . . .
Old 02-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #473
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I will only eat meat. . I will only eat meat. .

Come on. . repeat after me. .

Meat, meat. . is my only treat. .

I will eat meat,

I will love meat,

I will become one with meat. .

Meat, meat is my only treat. .

I LOVE MEAT!
Im only eating meat! Im only eating meat!!!

4 eggs and a prime rib, and I ain't done yet!!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 11:57 AM   #474
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I have to admit.. gals.. I'm already so much more satisfied than when I was following my other plan. . Less hunger and when I am hungry .. I know it. . . . Not hte lingering kinda hungry. . .if you know what I mean. . Perhaps the emotional hunger instead of the physical hunger?? Sometimes I wonder if I make any sense at all. . .
total sense!!! hungry or not, as long as its meat then is OK!!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #475
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Water number three down. . . .
hmmmm water.. whats that?
Old 02-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #476
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
resist! resist!!!! the bun will backfire most definitely!! no need to start all over, just avoid it now!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 12:11 PM   #477
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Think the other way around becky! Its up a little bit and a few more meat days will bring it down!!!!!

Your adapting to the ribeyes!!! I was this way too. I went weeks maintaining the same weight. If you really have to see the scale move quickly again, do lean til the retreat. back to basics which means boring bleck chicken breast! ( I actually remember eating chucnks of chicken mixed in my ground beef, so I could still taste something yummy in every bite. I swear you will drop 3 pounds, then you can go back to your steak, and keep on going!!!

if you decide to slpurge this weekend, I would stick to the salads and cheese. Stay away from the bread and desserts. They are sneaky little devils and will keep tempting you until you give in!!! Over and over again!
Old 02-17-2011, 12:15 PM   #478
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hey everyone, Anything and I'm2. Not doing as good as I would like...but I have a plan and will be back to share tomorrow. Keep losing ladies.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #479
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Tell Hubby. .thank you. . and feed it to the dog. . works every time!!!
aha, plan B!
Quote:
Im only eating meat! Im only eating meat!!!

4 eggs and a prime rib, and I ain't done yet!!!!
yummy!
Quote:
hmmmm water.. whats that?
OMG that's so me too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hey everyone, Anything and I'm2. Not doing as good as I would like...but I have a plan and will be back to share tomorrow. Keep losing ladies.
go girl GO!
Old 02-17-2011, 03:27 PM   #480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

and now for the news...........

f'real® foods Issues Voluntary Recall of Strawberry Banana Smoothies Due to Potential Peanut Content
Thu, 10 Feb 2011 14:48:00 -0600

f’real® foods announced today a voluntary recall of f’real®Strawberry Banana Smoothies (Lot # 06/21/2012) produced at Smith Dairy Products Company in Orrville, Ohio. The company is recalling one specific lot as it may contain peanuts, an undeclared allergen.

Children in the UK, whatever their background and wherever they live are in danger of getting rickets, according to an orthopaedic expert.
BBC News - Children are at risk of getting rickets, says doctor

and yet Groves has proven that meat/fat eaters are in no danger...

NIH (US National Institutes of Health) study finds 2 pesticides
associated with Parkinson's disease" (Eurekalert [American Association for
the Advancement of Science], Feb. 14, 2011).
New research shows a link between use of two pesticides, rotenone and paraquat, and Parkinson's disease. People who used either pesticide developed Parkinson's disease approximately 2.5 times more often than non-users.
NIH study finds 2 pesticides associated with Parkinson's disease

"Eating berries may lower risk of Parkinson's" (Eurekalert [American
Association for the Advancement of Science], Feb. 13, 2011).
Eating berries may lower risk of Parkinson's

Commonly prescribed osteoporosis drug associated with very low risk
of serious jaw disease" (Eurekalert [American Association for the
Advancement of Science], Feb. 14, 2011).
Commonly prescribed osteoporosis drug associated with very low risk of serious jaw disease

The BBHQ (Baby Boomer Head Quarters) Joke of the Week

We plucked these from a list of 50 rules for men. They may not be funny, but they are true.

Never tape any of her body parts together.
The correct answer to 'Do I look fat?' is never, ever 'Yes.'
Ditto for, 'Do you think she's prettier than I am?'
Victoria's Secret is good. Frederick's of Hollywood is bad.
Ordering for her is good. Telling her what she wants is bad.
Being attentive is good. Stalking is bad.
Her cooking is excellent.That isn't an excuse for you to avoid cooking.
Dishwashing soap is your friend.
Answering 'Who was that on the telephone?' with 'Nobody'
- is never going to end that conversation.
Ditto for 'Who's lipstick is this?'
Two words: clean socks.
You're wrong.
You're sorry.
No means No. Yes means Yes. Silence could mean anything she feels like at that particular moment in time, and it could change without notice.
Never let her walk anywhere alone after 11 pm.
Chivalry and feminism are NOT mutually exclusive.
Pick her up at the airport. Don't whine about it, just do it.
Always, suck up to her brother.
Don't try to change the way she dresses.
Her haircut is never bad.
Remember Valentine's Day, and any cheesy 'anniversary' she names
The rules are never fair. Accept this without question.