Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 12:36 PM   #301
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Welcome to the group ADLMA!!! GT is right! I couldnt have said it better!!!

Good luck with the meat eating!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2011, 03:44 PM   #302
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/148.6/?
WOE: lc
Thanks everyone! I just can't believe how well this plan works.
8.6 pounds lost in 5 days and 1" off waist.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
What a busy week. I have so much schoolwork to do, then a temp job on Friday ($15 an hour- woohoo!), then the party after that.

I'm feeling pissy and resentful towards my body still. Got mom to buy a few acceptable things, but I'm not as enthused as I was a couple days ago. I just feel like my body is clinging to my fat. I'll keep pushing on though.
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #304
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nishapooh
Started low carbing 3 wks ago at 296lbs....weighed in today at 276lbs. yesterday i started the stillmans diet to see faster results...I'm worried about being constipated though..is it ok to have milk of mag while on this plan? Also is it realistic for me to lose 20lbs in the next 2 weeks? Last but not least, what is the next phase or plan to continuing weight loss at a slower pace while adding small amounts of carbs? I am open to all advice so plz don't hesitate to reply...
nishapooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:27 AM   #305
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Good morning..........I'm baaaaaaaaaaack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Just a lot of crazy mums blocking up the little London streets in their 4 by 4s.
LOL Chelsea Tractors......here they are Soccer Moms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I want a Smart!! I think they're the cutest thing ever!!
And one of the most reliable of the tiny green cars. Not like the kill me now Toyotas.
Quote:
He also has a monster of a bike...any lady bikers here?
Wannabe here......what's he got? BMW, Ducati?

Quote:
Just learned you Americans call Conkers, Buckeyes. Did you know that GT?
LOL I have no idea what either of those are.........well the Buckeyes are a college team from Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccadeel View Post
****ing shoot me. I'm at school from 10:30am to 10pm and I forgot my food. I'm ravenous and yelling at everyone who speaks to me lol
Bwaaaaaaaaaahahaha never get in the way of a girl and food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Thanks everyone for the encouragement! Down another 1.8 today
That makes 7.6 pounds in 4 days.
Holy cow Jeannie.you'll be fitting in that bottle in no time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
havent gotten on the scale but Im feeling thinner. Pants are baggy. stomach feels flat "er"..

Sticking to ground turkey, tuna, eggs and dairy. (translation=cheese) Almost doesnt feel like a diet anymore! Im thinking a few more days of this and Im ready to go hardcore with it!

I'll be shoveling out the back deck today and working my way to the grill. Oh how Ive missed my grill!! I cant eat baked chicken - yuck.
Al you need one of those cast iron grill pans.......easy, clean and no gas!
Isn't it awesome after you get in the groove it's not a diet......it's a lifestyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Oh it's so early!! hope it's black coffee!...........says she, who has never given up milk in tea.....and doesn't intend to!!.........unless a diet comes out that says black tea will make you drop 2 dress sizes in a day!!
maybe we should try that

Quote:
oooooo sounds good...

Im actually looking for full fat yogurt. Everything is fat free though...
Al, funny you should mention this...I was looking for it, too. Nobody makes a full fat greek, although Fage does make a fatter two percent. I settled for Stonyfields non greek organic full fat....delish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADLMA View Post
Posted on the old thread...just found this one. I was lurking and would like to join in. I think I may be looking for rather fast gratification...well any gratification will do. I lived a slim life, had major stomach issues, and gained weight (not by eating). Now, my stomach is back in order, but the pounds move very very slowly off. I end up frustrated and looking for the nearest Reese product. LOL This should be fun, as I am not much on eating meat.
gained weight (not by eating)???

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishapooh View Post
Started low carbing 3 wks ago at 296lbs....weighed in today at 276lbs. yesterday i started the stillmans diet to see faster results...I'm worried about being constipated though..is it ok to have milk of mag while on this plan? Also is it realistic for me to lose 20lbs in the next 2 weeks? Last but not least, what is the next phase or plan to continuing weight loss at a slower pace while adding small amounts of carbs? I am open to all advice so plz don't hesitate to reply...
a lot of us do mag citrate drink or tabs to get moving. Don't know about M of M....it might have sugar or carbs.
I really don't plan on adding carbs unless they are in veggies...I am not going back to grains, ever.
I am also not a goal setter except for my final goal. When I get there I get there. A time limit is great if you need the push but for me it's a setup for failure and an excuse to go off the wagon if I fail.

And check out the hot politico who resigned after sending this photo to a bimbo on craigslist.........wow you really have to be stupid to serve the public, dontcha?
http://gawker.com/#!5755071/married-...raigslist-babe

Last edited by CCGirl; 02-10-2011 at 05:31 AM..
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:32 AM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Even though my scale is off on the first reading at times, I'm going to use it just because I do like to see numbers drop AND feel clothes get looser.

And yes people, I AM down 2 lbs from two days ago. May those two pounds of loss procreate multiple times and leave my damn thighs!!. And may that fat never come back!

Have not eaten yet today, but here's what I'm figuring:
-turkey patty
-2 eggs
-lean roast beef with salt/pepper
-egg white fluff if I feel like dessert

I was thinking last night, as I tried to fall asleep, and I remembered how absolutely fantastic I felt when I was at my lowest weight. It was the first time in my life I was 100% happy with myself. At any given moment I could look down at my torso/stomach/legs and see something satisfying instead of just seeing chub. It was a thrill to wake up, pull back the covers, and go "Oh yeah- I'm thin! Today's gonna rock because I'm finally thin!".

One of the best things was knowing I could easily fit into my clothes, and even my younger sister's clothes. They would pull up without me having to squish my fat a certain way or suck in lol. And it gave me a thrill to know that I looked great naked or near-naked too. If I was suddenly invited to pool party or something similar I loved that I had the freedom to just throw on a cute bikini without even one tiny worry about how my body looked- in fact, I dug the fact that many other females there would be envious.

The list of positives goes on and on...

And that is why I'm continuing on, even if it takes me to June or longer to lose these 15 atrocious pounds of anti-self esteem.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:04 AM   #307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Emk, you are so close..........even 30 pounds away from gw I know that liberating feeling. WTG on the loss
Old 02-10-2011, 07:51 AM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ADLMA
Yup, CC. I gained a ton by not eating and, what is a nice phrase, getting sick after what little I did eat. The doctors said my body stored all it could, thinking I was in a famine. Once my stomach was "fixed", I lost some weight, but at least 40 lbs remain. I am not woman enough to approach the scales, so I don't know for sure how much remains! LOL

Are buckeyes those peanut butter balls that are dipped in chocolate, leaving only the lighter brown part showing? LOL How long will we guess. The gross little nuts? They are better warm.
ADLMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #309
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh man I am so blonde! If you are talking about bulimia I believe you are not alone here.......gain while doing that? It's hard to imagine....let alone me wishing I had it before finding LC.
We have all had our battles in life.......bad news is it doesn't get any easier. But some fights you get to choose. Choose LC
Old 02-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Oh man I am so blonde! If you are talking about bulimia I believe you are not alone here.......gain while doing that? It's hard to imagine....let alone me wishing I had it before finding LC.
We have all had our battles in life.......bad news is it doesn't get any easier. But some fights you get to choose. Choose LC
If that is what you mean Adlma, then you certainly aren't alone. *raises hand*

In fact, the one of the main motivators for me to stay low carb (besides potential weight loss) is that it keeps me from binge eating which usually leads to purging.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:03 AM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I wonder if there is any connection between carbs and eating disorders........having found out that eating them makes us the only species with unnaturally occurring diseases while other species' don't............I never saw a lion or tiger with ills that housecats get..........they have been poisoned by grains too.

Diseases cured or prevented with a low-carb diet - Second Opinions, UK
Old 02-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #312
Senior LCF Member

^^it would not surprise me. I don't think grains cause eating disorders outright(there's a lot of mental stuff with ED's too), but I do believe they perpetuate them. And I certainly think grains are the cause of many preventable diseases.

I am literally insane when I'm "on" carbs and sugars. I can eat, and eat, and eat and even if I'm stuffed I can't stop eating. It can get so out of control in such a short period of time- there's just no end to the cravings and urge to eat bad stuff.

Thank God eating low carb kills 90% of my unreasonable cravings and obsessive thoughts of food.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #313
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Hi! And it probably is fairly realistic to lose that much in the beginning! To continue losing a bit slower either add some vlc veggies or fat, as in fattier meat. But you get the best results with QWL if you eat really clean and lean-it does get easier after a while, and the quick results keep you going!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:57 PM   #314
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

Holy cow Jeannie.you'll be fitting in that bottle in no time!

Clever!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #315
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Are buckeyes those peanut butter balls that are dipped in chocolate, leaving only the lighter brown part showing? LOL How long will we guess.
Dunno!! But boy do your buckeyes sound good!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 01:05 PM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Though my body acted like I was purging, I was not purging, at least not on purpose. During my two pregnancies, I had morning sickness to make all morning sickness seem weak. LOL It was 24/7 and relentless. I ended up in the hospital several times during both pregnancies, as I vomited so much. I began both pregnacies very slim and finished them with blood tests revealing I was starving. Then the weight packed on, even with diet, and my with body still purging after each meal. It turns out my stomach stopped functioning properly. What a normal stomach digests in a half hour takes mine 18.5 hours. Soooooo, I am now a product of cutting edge science. I sport a gastric pacemaker. When it is tweaked well, I am almost normal and weight drops off. While under a not so good tweak, it packs on. The unit is tweaked pretty good now, so I want to lose weight fast while the losing may be good.

I think most everyone is not too far from an eating disorder at most any time. It is easy to slip into. I think certain foods, conditions, and stress brings it on to life. Thank y'all for being understanding.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:07 PM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Those buckeyes I described are mighty tasty, indeed. I'm guessing they are not on Stillman's though. lol
Old 02-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #318
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Though my body acted like I was purging, I was not purging, at least not on purpose. During my two pregnancies, I had morning sickness to make all morning sickness seem weak. LOL It was 24/7 and relentless. I ended up in the hospital several times during both pregnancies, as I vomited so much. I began both pregnacies very slim and finished them with blood tests revealing I was starving. Then the weight packed on, even with diet, and my with body still purging after each meal. It turns out my stomach stopped functioning properly. What a normal stomach digests in a half hour takes mine 18.5 hours. Soooooo, I am now a product of cutting edge science. I sport a gastric pacemaker. When it is tweaked well, I am almost normal and weight drops off. While under a not so good tweak, it packs on. The unit is tweaked pretty good now, so I want to lose weight fast while the losing may be good.

I think most everyone is not too far from an eating disorder at most any time. It is easy to slip into. I think certain foods, conditions, and stress brings it on to life. Thank y'all for being understanding.
You poor thing, you've really been through the mill. I hope Stills works out for you.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:16 PM   #319
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Those buckeyes I described are mighty tasty, indeed. I'm guessing they are not on Stillman's though. lol
Yeah somehow I'm guessing the good Doc would not approve!!
Old 02-10-2011, 01:19 PM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Thanks everyone for the encouragement! Down another 1.8 today
That makes 7.6 pounds in 4 days.
WOW!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:39 PM   #321
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

off topic here..........I have to clean out the inbox so here is your news for the past week or so.

"Metabolic syndrome linked to memory loss in older people," (Eurekalert
[American Association for the Advancement of Science], February 2, 2011).
Metabolic syndrome linked to memory loss in older people

"Scientists ID Genetic Clues to Parkinson's," (_HealthDay_, February 2,
2011).
HealthDay Articles

"An extra 5 years of life an unexpected benefit of osteoporosis treatment,"
(Eurekalert [American Association for the Advancement of Science], February 2,
2011).
An extra 5 years of life an unexpected benefit of osteoporosis treatment

QUOTATION OF THE DAY

"People can't get what they need to run a business. The carpenter has no wood. The electrician has no cable. The plumber has no pipes. Right now, there is no flour in the shops. So what are all the pizzerias doing? They have to buy stuff that is stolen from bakeries."
JUAN CARLOS MONTES, a former restaurant owner, on Cuba's tentative steps to encourage entrepreneurs.

Shaping Beauty, Inc. Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Weight Loss Pills Found to Contain an Undeclared Drug Ingredient
Thu, 03 Feb 2011 17:36:00 -0600

Shaping Beauty, Inc. has been informed by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that a weight loss dietary supplement sold and marketed by the firm contain an undeclared drug ingredient. FDA lab analyses of dietary supplements distributed by the company were found to contain undeclared Sibutramine used as an appetite suppressant for weight loss.

"Its never too late to get your brain off the couch, study finds," by Paul
Taylor (_Globe and Mail_ [Toronto], February 3, 2011).
It’s never too late to get your brain off the couch, study finds - The Globe and Mail

"Simple life changes could stop millions of cancers," by Kate Kelland
(_Reuters_, February 4, 2011).
Simple life changes could stop millions of cancers | Reuters

California Firm Recalls Ground Beef Products Due to Possible E. Coli Contamination
Sat, 05 Feb 2011 03:23:25 -0600

American Food Service, a Pico Rivera, Calif. establishment, is recalling approximately 3,170 pounds of fresh ground beef patties and other bulk packages of ground beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7.

Adam and Eve said, 'Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now, we do not see you anymore. We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us.'

And God said, "I will create a companion for you that will be with you and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me." Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves."

And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve. And it was a good animal and God was pleased.

And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail.

And Adam said, 'Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom, and I cannot think of a name for this new animal.' And God said, 'I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him Dog.'

And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them - and they were comforted - and God was pleased - and Dog was content, and wagged his tail.

After a while, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and said, 'Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like peacocks, and they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well.'

And God said, "I will create for them a companion who will be with them and who will see them as they are. The companion will remind them of their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy of adoration."

And God created Cat to be a companion to Adam and Eve.

And Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's eyes, they were reminded that they were not the supreme beings.

And Adam and Eve learned humility - and they were greatly improved - and God was pleased - and Dog was happy.

And Cat . . .

didn't give a crap one way or the other.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

British housewife speaks out

Thought you might like to read this letter to the editor of a British national newspaper. Ever notice how some people just seem to know how to write a letter?.

Here is a woman who should run for Prime Minister!

Written by a housewife, to her daily newspaper. This is one ticked off lady.

'Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores in July 2002, and in New York on 11 Sept 2001, and have continually threatened to do so since?

Were people from all over the world, not brutally murdered that day in London , and in downtown Manhattan , and in a field in Pennsylvania ?

Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they?

And I'm supposed to care that a few Taliban were claiming to be tortured by a justice system of the nation they come from and are fighting against in a brutal insurgency.

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11 and 7/7.

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere belief of which is a crime punishable by beheading in Afghanistan

I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.

I'll care when the cowardly so-called 'insurgents' in Afghanistan come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques and behind women and children.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of Nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs.

I'll care when the British media stops pretending that their freedom of speech on stories is more important than the lives of the soldiers on the ground or their families waiting at home to hear about them when something happens.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a British soldier roughing up an Insurgent terrorist to obtain information, know this:

I don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take this to the bank:

I don't care.

When I hear that a prisoner - who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and 'fed special food' that is paid for by my taxes - is complaining that his holy book is being 'mishandled,' you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts:

I don't care.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled 'Koran' and other times 'Quran.' Well, believe me!! you guessed it ......

I don't care!!

If you agree with this viewpoint, pass this on to all your E-mail friends. Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous behaviour!

If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button. Should you choose the latter, then please don't complain when more atrocities committed by radical Muslims happen here in our great country! And may I add:

'Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. Our soldiers don't have that problem.'

I have another quote that I would like to add, AND.......I hope you forward all this.

Only five defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

1. Jesus Christ

2. The British Soldier.

3. The Canadian Soldier.

4. The US Soldier, and

5. The Australian Soldier

One died for your soul, the other 4 for your freedom.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO PASS THIS ON, AS MANY SEEM TO FORGET ABOUT ALL OF THEM.

AMEN!

GIVE THIS LADY A STANDING OVATION. SHE HAS INDEED TICKED ALL THE BOXES
Isn't it interesting that so many people in the Western World feel this way, but not one of our politicians, who are supposed to represent us, ever have the guts to state the situation like it is ???

__________________________________________________ ________________________

GT, MMS...........who is Nick Berg?

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Qualitest Pharmaceuticals Issues Voluntary, Nationwide Recall Of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen Tablets, USP 10 MG / 500 MG, NDC 0603-3888-20, 60 Count, Lot Numbers T150G10B, T120J10E And T023M10A And Phenobarbital Tablets, USP 32.4 MG, NDC 0603-5166-32, 1000 Count, Lot Numbers T150G10B, T
Sun, 06 Feb 2011 10:37:00 -0600

Qualitest Pharmaceuticals today issued a voluntary nationwide recall of Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen Tablets, USP 10mg / 500mg, NDC 0603-3888-20, 60 count, Lot Numbers T150G10B, T120J10E and T023M10A, and Phenobarbital Tablets, USP 32.4 mg, NDC 0603-5166-32, 1000 count, Lot Numbers T150G10B, T120J10E and T023M10A. An individual bottle of Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen Tablets, USP 10mg / 500mg, NDC 0603-3888-20, 60 count was found incorrectly labeled with a Phenobarbital Tablets, USP 32.4 mg, NDC 0603-5166-32, 1000 count label, printed with Lot Number T150G10B. Lots T120J10E and T023M10A used the same stock inventory of labels as Lot T150G10B and are potentially impacted.

if anybody has some I can offer you a substantial rebate if you will mail them

Rouses Markets Voluntarily Recalls Frozen Yellow Fin Tuna Steaks Due To Possible Health Risks
Sat, 05 Feb 2011 09:49:00 -0600

Rouses Markets (Rouses Supermarkets) announced the voluntary recall of wild-caught yellow fin tuna steaks labeled as product of USA with a UPC Code beginning with 208732 sold at Rouses Markets with Sell By dates between December 1, 2010 and January 27, 2011. These previously frozen tuna steaks are being recalled because of potential elevated levels of histamine.

"Pivotal discoveries in age-related macular degeneration," (Eurekalert
[American Association for the Advancement of Science], February 6, 2011).
Pivotal discoveries in age-related macular degeneration

"Lifestyle affects life expectancy more than genetics," (Eurekalert
[American Association for the Advancement of Science], February 7, 2011).
Lifestyle affects life expectancy more than genetics

With fire alarms blaring at my mom's apartment complex, she grabbed her favorite bathing suit and ran out.
"A bathing suit?" I said later. "Of all the priceless things in that apartment, that's what you chose to save?"

"Material things come and go," she said with a shrug. But a one-piece suit that doesn't make you look fat is impossible to replace."

one last shot at Christina..........

Brush Up Your Webster - featuring Madam Red Dot

When was the last time you recited the "Pledge of Allegiance" or sang the "Star Spangled Banner"? Do you think you remember the words... just the first verse... of our national anthem? Let me refresh your memory:

Oh, say can you see, by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed, at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?

And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night, that our flag was still there.

Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free, and the home of the brave?
by email.......no I have not checked this on Snopes but it def could happen,,,

CHECK YOUR RECEIPTS BEFORE LEAVING ANY CASHIER'S STATION!!!!!

THIS COULD HAPPEN ANYWHERE. CHECK YOUR RECEIPT
BEFORE LEAVING THE STAND. I'VE SEEN PEOPLE DO JUST THAT.
PASS THIS ON TO YOUR FRIENDS, KIDS, LOVED ONES.

It happened at Wal-Mart (Supercenter Store #1279,
10411 N Freeway 45, Houston , TX 77037 a month ago.

I bought a bunch of stuff, over $150, & I glanced at my receipt as the cashier
Was handing me the bags. I saw a cash-back of $40. I told her I didn't
Request a cash back & to delete it.

She said I'd have to take the $40 because she couldn't delete it I told
Her to call a supervisor.

Supervisor came & said I'd have to take it! I said NO! Taking the $40
Would be a cash advance against my Discover & I wasn't paying interest on a
Cash advance!!!!! If they couldn't delete it then they would have to delete the
Whole order.

So the supervisor had the cashier delete the whole order & re-scan everything!

The second time I looked at the electronic pad before I signed & a cash-back
Of $20 popped up. At that point I told the cashier & she deleted it.
The total came out right. The cashier agreed that the electronic pad must be defective.
(yeah, right!)

Obviously the cashier knew the electronic pad wasn't defective because she NEVER
Offered me the $40 at the beginning.

Can you imagine how many people went through before me & at the end of her shift
How much money she pocketed?

Just to alert everyone. My coworker went to Milford, DE Wal-Mart last week.
She had her items rung up by the cashier. The cashier hurried her along and didn't
Give her a receipt.

She asked the cashier for a receipt and the cashier was annoyed and gave it to her.
My coworker didn't look at her receipt until later that night. The receipt
Showed that she asked for $20 cash back. SHE DID NOT ASK FOR CASH BACK!

My coworker called Wal-Mart who investigated but could not see the cashier
Pocket the money. She then called her niece who works for the bank and her niece
Told her this

This is a new scam going on. The cashier will key in that you asked for cash back
And then hand it to her friend who is the next person in line.

Please, please, please check your receipts right away when using credit or debit cards!
This is NOT limited to Wal-Mart, although they are the largest retailer so they have the
Most incidents.

I am adding to this....My husband and I were in Wal-Mart North Salisbury and paying
With a credit card. When my husband went to sign the credit card signer, he just happened
To notice there was a $20 cash back added. He told the cashier that he did not ask nor want
Cash back and she said this machine has been messing up and she canceled it. We really didn't think anything of it until we read this email.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:39 PM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

If you've had a down day, this is bound to brighten it up a with a little
bit of Southern humor.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Alabama Firm Recalls Barbecue Pork Products Due To Mislabeling and an Undeclared Allergen
Wed, 09 Feb 2011 20:30:12 -0600

Simmons' Barbecue, Inc. a Guntersville, Ala., establishment is recalling approximately 4,680 pounds of barbecue pork products because they contain an undeclared allergen, whey, which is not declared on the label.

St James Smokehouse, Inc, Announces Voluntary Recall of Scotch Reserve Whiskey & Honey Smoked Salmon 4oz Retail Packs Due To Possible Health Risk
Thu, 10 Feb 2011 12:04:00 -0600

St James Smokehouse Inc, is conducting a voluntary recall of Scotch Reserve Whiskey & Honey Smoked Scottish Salmon 4oz retails packs under Lot code:5797 & batch code: 4759 with UPC# 853729001151 due to potential contamination with Listeria Monocytogenes.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:57 AM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Okay, the busy day is finally here. Gotta get ready, go to class, do work-study, go home and read over materials for the job I have this evening, go to said job, get changed, and then go to the party.

And I have to remember to grab the champagne! I will have some booze tonight. I need it. Seriously.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #324
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
Okay, the busy day is finally here. Gotta get ready, go to class, do work-study, go home and read over materials for the job I have this evening, go to said job, get changed, and then go to the party.

And I have to remember to grab the champagne! I will have some booze tonight. I need it. Seriously.
don't we all!

Have a great day emk and be fabuloso at the party! What are you wearing??????
Old 02-11-2011, 12:01 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

^^Good question. This is for a friend's b-day, but it's more of a party-party than a birthday party. Very casual- everyone will be in jeans. Soooo, I will be rocking a semi-dark pair of skinny jeans, heeled boots, and a low scooping shirt that would show off my cleavage if I had any (I don't).

I dyed my hair last night to a kinda light brown/auburnish color. It's long, but in terrible condition, so I'm going to curl the ends to hide how shabby the texture is. I do want to look cute tonight- the guy I was banging this past fall will be there. I pretty much cut him off after I became majorly depressed this winter, but now that I feel a little better I want him to be open to a little frisky time again.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #326
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
the guy I was banging this past fall
have fun!
Old 02-11-2011, 03:44 PM   #327
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi everyone,
Checking in. Scale has stayed the same 138.2 for the past 3 days. Should I be concerned? I felt a lot of hunger today so I added a bit more fat. Advice/Suggestions?
Old 02-11-2011, 04:18 PM   #328
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Checking in. Scale has stayed the same 138.2 for the past 3 days. Should I be concerned? I felt a lot of hunger today so I added a bit more fat. Advice/Suggestions?
No! Dont be concerned!!! I would sometimes go a week without the scale budging and then whoosh! bye bye 3-4 pounds. Just keep doin what your doin!! Stick to plan and you WILL GET THE RESULTS!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #329
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
No! Dont be concerned!!! I would sometimes go a week without the scale budging and then whoosh! bye bye 3-4 pounds. Just keep doin what your doin!! Stick to plan and you WILL GET THE RESULTS!!!
Thanks!
Old 02-11-2011, 04:28 PM   #330
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Welcome to the group!!! I believe you can lose 20 pounds in two weeks but you are gonna have to be painfully strict!! That means every rule by the book, minus the ketchup and cocktail sauce that Stills says is OK. There really is no phase or next step. Stillman sets you up for quick weight loss til goal and then there is a Stay Slim Eating (which none of us has followed yet. That plan is calorie counting depending on your weight/height)

Dont worry about "not going". Its very normal. You can read the sticky for QWL for more info.

Again. Welcome! Looking forward to hearing how you're doing!!!