Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gotricia
Stats: To Date -0/To Goal -50/Goal -50
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 10/9/2008
Stillmans/hypothyroid?

Hi, I've been following stillmans on and off for about a year but i don't post often. I recently found out I have a nodule on my thyroid and also a form of hypothyroidism; I was curious if anyone else on here has anything similar and follows stillmans. It seems like eating this way helps my symptoms more so then any other foods. I've been on the thyroid boards but I didn't see anyone talking about stillmans.
gotricia is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2011, 11:40 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Have you seen a Dr. for that nodule? I would hope so... hopefully it can be removed?
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gotricia
Stats: To Date -0/To Goal -50/Goal -50
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 10/9/2008
They said that I'll have to have it imaged yearly to monitor it; but they don't think it's suspicious. They started me on Levothyroxine about a month ago due to blood tests but I don't get to see the doctor again for details until February. So I'm curious if anyone has thyroid issues ans follows stillmans with good results, I've gained 10 pounds since starting the prescription and I know the doctor will say I must be eating too much. So frustrating!
gotricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lkelley36
Yes, I am hashimoto/hypothyroid patient myself. When I started taking the medicine that you are on, I immediately gained weight and I felt more horrible than I had. I started on Armour thyroid and as it was raised over the months I started losing weight. It was awesome to finally be able to lose weight. Armour is a natural thyroid medicine. There are different kinds that are pretty much the same...naturethoid, thyroid..and efra. I would suggest you ask the doctor for the Armour. Look up your medicine and weight gain and you will find soooo many people that have gained weight. Some CAN take it, but like I said I immediately started gaining weight. I have been off Stillman's for a while, but have recently started back on it. The thyroid board has a lot of information on there. From all I have seen, a higher protein diet is better for thyroid patients. I understand your frustration....really...
lkelley36 is offline   Reply With Quote