Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hello everyone. Have not been around for a while. I am finding it really difficult getting back on track. I really need to get a couple of days under my belt. I will be starting Stillman's again tomorrow. wish me luck. Gotta catch up with all the posts.
Me neither! Glad you're back.

Day 4 of Stillmans, although with veggies and EVCO. I have been under 400 calories per day so it's no wonder I lost another pound from yesterday. Too bad I can't get excited about this since I really think I have a metabolism disorder. There was no earthly reason why I should have been gaining this fall, and I'm just hoping that the winter and spring will allow me another 30 lb loss as a "cushion" for gaining again this fall. I think I'm part bear. I'm packing on pounds to hibernate in the winter. And then when I exercise instead of hibernate, I lose in the winter. Go figure.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2011, 02:08 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Yup it is! Yes it will! Give it a shot! We can do this. Its only two weeks out of our life, right? (convincing myself over here..)
Ooookaaaayyyy.... You've convinced me to go for more than the rotation thing that worked for 3 months and then went kaput. Day 4 and I'm doing okay, although I'm doing some low carb veggies. I was SOOOO close to being non-obese on the Wii Fit. (about 5 lbs). You think it's okay to keep using extra virgin coconut oil?
smallerizing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:45 PM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
CC: You do not want to do a forty day water fast unless GOD leads you for spiritual reasons! It plays havoc on your metaboslism and you will lose that great muscle that burns fat!

Who thought tea would have fructose in it???
OMG I so don't have that kind of willpowe! Can I so the vodka tonic fast?

So hate the hidden sugars in food!

Quote:
I would never do a 40 day water fast, but thanks for the heads up! I cant even do 4 days of a meat and crystal light fast. But I will!!!

This tea experience makes me think of when I contacted hellmans mayo. I wanted to know just how much sugar was in the 64 oz jar. They never admitted to it, just said, blah blah Hellmans is 0 carb blah blah. Liars. Not if I eat the whole tub!!
I just wish they would lower the sodium!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi peeps! Just a quick hello. Stayed on plan-minus a tiny bite of a fishcake! Was reading the Dukan diet-the beginning is just stolen from Stillman! But he talks a lot of sense........until you get to the end when it's depressing! He talks about why are bodies will regain the weight so quickly etc.! But he has a plan for that! Oh yeah and he says your body will always remember your top weight and will always try to get back there! Eeeeeeeeek! And he also says eveeryone has a True Weight-a weight that easy for your body to maintain and a number it likes......and guess what mine is 133!!! Yes my body adores that number! And he says there's no point in trying to go under your True Weight cos it's too hard to maintain!! As I said depressing!! He! Going to bed, nite nite!
yep, Dukan is such a Stillman's ripoff. And I don't believe your body tries to regain the highest number...........your body is a machine, an extremely efficient one at that. Why would it want to revert to fat and unhealthy after reaching slim and healthy? That's like saying that it wants to be a diabetic or hypertensive. Nope, I don'y believe it......rubbish!

Quote:
Hello everyone. Have not been around for a while. I am finding it really difficult getting back on track. I really need to get a couple of days under my belt. I will be starting Stillman's again tomorrow. wish me luck. Gotta catch up with all the posts.
good to have u back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
Me neither! Glad you're back.

Day 4 of Stillmans, although with veggies and EVCO. I have been under 400 calories per day so it's no wonder I lost another pound from yesterday. Too bad I can't get excited about this since I really think I have a metabolism disorder. There was no earthly reason why I should have been gaining this fall, and I'm just hoping that the winter and spring will allow me another 30 lb loss as a "cushion" for gaining again this fall. I think I'm part bear. I'm packing on pounds to hibernate in the winter. And then when I exercise instead of hibernate, I lose in the winter. Go figure.
the slimming bear, go you!

Well, the finger knit together nicely over the week so my nail gal was able to get the mess cleaned up. She said a new set was in order so we soaked the old ones off and did ten new pink and white. And I found her secret stash of nail charms so the pinkies have tiny gold bows! It hides the bruising in the nailbed of the smashed one.

dug out from under thirteen inches of snow and finally got to town yesterday for nails and provisions.......himself was on his last of beer! As I checked out with four cases the gent in front of me remarked, 'Party?'

I replied, 'No, medicinal.......he'll be plowing out all day back at the ranch and we're dead out!'

to which he said, 'Oh, definitely!'

just another one of the 'You Might Be A Redneck If...' moments in my life

POLL please cast your vote:

Super long hair..........love it or hate it?
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:04 PM   #244
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
POLL please cast your vote:

Super long hair..........love it or hate it?
If we're talking Lady Godiva, then hate it, but if we're talking long and blonde with soft wavy curls, above the butt, then love it. Im thinking Taylor Swift here..

matter a fact. I love Taylor. an avi change may be in order...

What are you thinking of doing, CC??
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #245
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Can I so the vodka tonic fast?

That's like saying that it wants to be a diabetic or hypertensive. Nope, I don'y believe it......rubbish!

I found her secret stash of nail charms so the pinkies have tiny gold bows! It hides the bruising in the nailbed of the smashed one.

I replied, 'No, medicinal.......he'll be plowing out all day back at the ranch and we're dead out!'
You are too much, and I LOVE IT!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #246
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
Ooookaaaayyyy.... You've convinced me to go for more than the rotation thing that worked for 3 months and then went kaput. Day 4 and I'm doing okay, although I'm doing some low carb veggies. I was SOOOO close to being non-obese on the Wii Fit. (about 5 lbs). You think it's okay to keep using extra virgin coconut oil?
Woohoo!! Sounds like you are on the 14 day shape up!!! Stillman would probably say no to the CO, but I say if its working, why stop?
Old 01-09-2011, 03:10 PM   #247
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I am finding it really difficult getting back on track. I really need to get a couple of days under my belt. I will be starting Stillman's again tomorrow.

Me too!!! But I am keeping today under control with meat and cheese and veggies!!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:12 PM   #248
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeH View Post
I'm doing veggies, because I need to variety, and I know this is still a form of Stillman's, but it feels like "cheating."
VEE!!!! The 14 Day shape up promises up to 25 pounds. Good Stuff!

Last edited by aleriaaa; 01-09-2011 at 03:33 PM..
Old 01-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

while you are voting, it's time to clear out the inbox, so here is the news of late:

The Ritedose Corporation Announces the Voluntary Nationwide Recall of 0.083% Albuterol Sulfate Inhalation Solution, 3 mL Due to Mislabeled Unit Dose Vials
Mon, 03 Jan 2011 09:27:00 -0600

The Ritedose Corporation is conducting a voluntary recall of 0.083% Albuterol Sulfate Inhalation Solution, 3 mL (in 25, 30, and 60 unit dose vials). This product is a prescription inhalation solution, administered via nebulization, for the treatment and maintenance of acute asthma exacerbations and exercise induced asthma in children and adults.

PRock Marketing, LLC Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of All weight loss formulas and variation of formulas of Reduce Weight Fruta Planta/Reduce Weight Dietary Supplement.
Sun, 02 Jan 2011 22:35:00 -0600

PRock Marketing, LLC located in Central Florida an authorized US distributor of the Authentic Formula Fruta Planta has been informed by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that the weight loss dietary supplements sold and marketed contains an undeclared drug ingredient. The FDA lab analysist of the dietary supplements found the Authentic Formula Fruta Planta to contain 15.4 mg of Sibutramine, a controlled substance that was withdrawn from the market in October 2010 for safety reasons.

"Light therapy proves bright idea for treating depressed elderly," by Julie
Robotham (_Sydney Morning Herald_, January 5, 2011).
Depression in the elderly | Light therapy proves effective

"Exercise may lower risk of death for men with prostate cancer"
(Eurekalert [American Association for the Advancement of Science], Jan. 5,
2011).
Exercise may lower risk of death for men with prostate cancer

"How to look younger without plastic surgery" (Universitaet Jena
[Germany] news release via Eurekalert [American Association for the
Advancement of Science], Jan. 5, 2011).
How to look younger without plastic surgery

"Study: Walking speed appears to predict longevity in seniors," by
Janice Lloyd (_USA Today_ [McLean, Virginia], Jan. 5, 2011).
http://www.usatoday.com/yourlife/hea...ng05_ST_N.html

so..........run?

"Newcastle team claims green tea cuts dementia risk," (_BBC News_, January
6, 2011).
BBC News - Newcastle team claims green tea cuts dementia risk

California Firm Recalls Tamale Products Due to Mislabeling and an Undeclared Allergen
Thu, 06 Jan 2011 19:26:43 -0600

Homestead Pasta Company, a San Francisco, Calif., establishment is recalling approximately 144,633 pounds of frozen meat and poultry tamale products because they contain an undeclared allergen, whey, which is not noted on the label. Whey is a known dairy allergen.

Boncheff Greenhouses, Inc. Recalls For Wegmans Food Markets, Inc., Budwey Markets, Wades Market, Cuba Giant Food Market, And Hegedorn's Cilantro, Curly Parsley, And Italian Parsley Because Of A Possible Health Risk.
Thu, 06 Jan 2011 17:09:00 -0600

Boncheff Greenhouses, Inc. of Toronto, Ontario is issuing a voluntary recall on Cilantro, Curly Parsley, and Italian Parsley, because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella

__________________________________________________ _______________________

winter blonde

As a trucker stops for a red light, a blonde catches up. She jumps out of her car, runs up to his truck, and knocks on the door.

The trucker lowers the window, and she says "Hi, my name is Heather and you are losing some of your load."

The trucker ignores her and proceeds down the street.

When the truck stops for another red light, the girl catches up again. She jumps out of her car, runs up and knocks on the door.
Again, the trucker lowers the window. As if they've never spoken, the blonde says brightly, "Hi my name is Heather, and you are
losing some of your load!"

Shaking his head, the trucker ignores her again and continues down the street.

At the third red light, the same thing happens again.

All out of breath, the blonde gets out of her car, runs up, knocks on the truck door. The trucker rolls down the window. Again she
says "Hi, my name is Heather, and you are losing some of your load!"

When the light turns green the trucker revs up and races to the next light.

When he stops this time, he hurriedly gets out of the truck and runs back to the blonde.

He knocks on her window, and after she lowers it, he says...

"Hi, my name is Mark, its winter in Pennsylvania and I'm driving the SALT TRUCK!"

__________________________________________________ ____________________

the cab ride

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Cab Ride

I arrived at the address and honked the horn. After waiting a few minutes
I walked to the door and knocked.

'Just a minute', answered a frail, elderly voice. I could hear something being dragged across the floor.

After a long pause, the door opened.. A small woman in her 90's stood before me. She was wearing a print dress and a pillbox hat with a veil pinned on it, like somebody out of a 1940's movie.

By her side was a small nylon suitcase. The apartment looked as if no one had lived in it for years. All the furniture was covered with sheets.

There were no clocks on the walls, no knickknacks or utensils on the counters. In the corner was a cardboard box filled with photos and glassware.

'Would you carry my bag out to the car?' she said. I took the suitcase to the cab, then returned to assist the woman.

She took my arm and we walked slowly toward the curb.

She kept thanking me for my kindness. 'It's nothing', I told her. 'I just try to treat my passengers the way I would want my mother treated'.

'Oh, you're such a good boy', she said. When we got in the cab, she gave me an address and then asked, 'Could you drive through downtown?'

'It's not the shortest way,' I answered quickly..

'Oh, I don't mind,' she said. 'I'm in no hurry. I'm on my way to a hospice'.

I looked in the rear-view mirror. Her eyes were glistening. 'I don't have any family left,' she continued in soft voice.. 'The doctor says I don't have very long.' I quietly reached over and shut off the meter.

'What route would you like me to take?' I asked.

For the next two hours, we drove through the city. She showed me the building where she had once worked as an elevator operator.

We drove through the neighborhood where she and her husband had lived when they were newlyweds She had me pull up in front of a furniture warehouse that had once been a ballroom where she had gone dancing as a girl.

Sometimes she'd ask me to slow in front of a particular building or corner and would sit staring into the darkness, saying nothing.

As the first hint of sun was creasing the horizon, she suddenly said, 'I'm tired. Let's go now'.

We drove in silence to the address she had given me. It was a low building, like a small convalescent home, with a driveway that passed under a portico.

Two orderlies came out to the cab as soon as we pulled up. They were solicitous and intent, watching her every move. They must have been expecting her.

I opened the trunk and took the small suitcase to the door. The woman was already seated in a wheelchair.

'How much do I owe you?' she asked, reaching into her purse.

'Nothing,' I said

'You have to make a living,' she answered.

'There are other passengers,' I responded.

Almost without thinking, I bent and gave her a hug. She held onto me tightly.

'You gave an old woman a little moment of joy,' she said. 'Thank you.'

I squeezed her hand, and they walked into the dim morning light. Behind me, a door shut. It was the sound of the closing of a life..

I didn't pick up any more passengers that shift. I drove aimlessly lost in thought. For the rest of that day, I could hardly talk. What if that woman had gotten an angry driver, or one who was impatient to end his shift? What if I had refused to take the run, or had honked once, then driven away?

On a quick review, I don't think that I have done anything more important in my life.

We're conditioned to think that our lives revolve around great moments.

But great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

PEOPLE MAY NOT REMEMBER EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID, OR WHAT YOU SAID ~BUT~THEY WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL.

If you don’t send this on, it’s okay, but if you choose to share this with others then you might help make the world a little kinder and more compassionate.

It’s often the random acts of kindness that most benefit all of us.

Thank you, my friend...

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

__________________________________________________ ______________________

This week we offer a poem whose origin is in dispute. But the advice is timeless. This is called "Desiderata":

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they, too, have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself to others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere, life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings; many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore, be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be; and whatever your labors and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace with your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

Be careful. Strive to be happy.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Why are the Three Musketeers always depicted with swords? Why not muskets?
I notice that global warming increased after daylight saving time started in 1974. Well, duh. More daylight is going to make the world hotter, isn't it?

__________________________________________________ _____________________

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Ten Thoughts to Ponder for the New Year!

Number 10

Life is sexually transmitted.

Number 9
Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Number 8
Men have two emotions : Hungry
and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich .

Number 7
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks, months, maybe years.

Number 6
Some people are like a Slinky-not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Number 5
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in the hospitals, dying of nothing.

Number 4
All of us could take a lesson
from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Number 3
Why does a slight tax increase
cost you $800.00, and a substantial tax cut saves you $30.00?

Number 2
In the 60's, people took acid to
make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people
take Prozac to make it normal.

And The Number 1 Thought
Life is like a jar of Jalapeno
peppers--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.

- - - and as someone recently said to me :
"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."

Old 01-09-2011, 03:42 PM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
If we're talking Lady Godiva, then hate it, but if we're talking long and blonde with soft wavy curls, above the butt, then love it. Im thinking Taylor Swift here..

matter a fact. I love Taylor. an avi change may be in order...

What are you thinking of doing, CC??
Quote:
You are too much, and I LOVE IT!!!
okay, I was reading on hairstyles and one column said that unless you are Demi Moore or under 21 the they have to go.

Then I read another that said if you constantly get compliments on it then leave it alone.

It's thick, naturally wavy strawberry blonde and it was about a third of the way down my thighs.

Around Thanksgiving I got a wild hair up my butt (biker talk) and hacked about six inchess off, just to clean it up a bit.

BTW Demi is older than meand she can still 'drop it like it's hot!'
(from the movie Beauty Shop starring Queen Latifah)
Old 01-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: No flour no sugar
Day 12 of meat & egg only, about Day 6 of being truly Stillman's.

Had a really good day yesterday. A group of my friends went out to lunch at this pho (Vietnamese soup) restaurant. I was worried about what I could eat, because there's a lot of sugary sauces, fatty meats, rice, and noodles on the menu. But then I realized I could just order the soup without noodles! So I ordered the mine with lean brisket and lean steak, and to dress it up I put in basil leaves, lime juice, soy sauce, and vinegar (instead of sriacha or hoisin sauce) and it was delicious! Then that night we all went out dancing, and I stuck to club soda, and had a great time.

Right now I'm studying in the library, drinking the last diet soda I think I'll drink in awhile. They taste so good, but give me such a tummyache & make me feel bloated afterwards every time. I'm going to switch over to diet iced teas instead.

Wednesday is my band picture day, so I'm not going to weigh myself until then. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the scale will read 145lbs that morning.

Go, Stillmanites, go!
milo_juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

got to thaw some meaty treaties...........chik breasts are done! Just a reminder....easy not to cheat when there is meat! Kitties love the doctor's plan!

Last edited by CCGirl; 01-09-2011 at 03:47 PM..
Old 01-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG Milo..........you are like Spock, so disciplined!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #254
Blabbermouth!!!

CC- the cab ride made me and now Im all stuffy.

I do envy your long hair! (just remembered you have pics up!) My hair has never ever been long. Never even made it to my bra!!!

Milo- You are doing fantastic! Cant wait to see your band pics! I sure hope you share!!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #255
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
easy not to cheat when there is meat!
That is so perfect!!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
CC POLL: I have long hair past my hips as well. I remember back in high school when I cut it short... there was nothing to do but wait it out. I remember my BF seeing me, and although he didn't say anything, he looked dissappointed. I opt for the long hair. If kept in shape and healthy, men adore it, meaning your man will! Sometimes, if cut short, it never will grow back as long as it was. Please consider not cutting it shorter! I imagine it is beautiful. Why not post a pic of it, and then poll us? I bet you'd be convinced not to cut it...
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:07 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member

CC: Loved the leftovers from your inbox! I love the one about old age not lasting very long! LOL! And to be like the weather when it comes to critisim. Lots of other good stuff too! Thanks!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:13 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Okay, I am stuck at three lbs till 145, my goal. JUST STUCK there! I have been a good girl and not eaten wasabi mayo with any of my meals and drank my water, so I don't know what gives, except that when I was at 165 the same thing happened and alot of people encouraged me to not give up. I craved gingersnaps today, and hooray was able to say NO!! I am too close to my goal!! I WILL make my goal and I WILL NOT give up. I WILL strive until that scale hits 145!

Today I had 3 eggs, 1oz skim milk cheese (I was sooo hungry this morning!) and two chicken breasts! Nothing else really to eat so I will just drink my water the remainder of the day.. it is around 3 pm when I stop eating anyway... I had BETTER lose down to my goal this week... or else... or else... um, well, or else I will be on Stillmans another week LOL. That is the reality. I can hardly wait till I sit down and eat a salad. I just can't risk that right now so I hope I lose 2 lbs tomorrow morning! I could live with that till I lose that last lb to goal!

What NON-FOOD low to no cost reward should I entertain... any suggestions? I need some motivation to stay on track, but can't think of anything right now...
Old 01-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Milo; I will send up a prayer that you get to your goal of 145 on Wed! Let Wed rock on this board for the 145er's!!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

CCgirl, tried to find your photo on the boards, can you help me? I went to the faces page and your user name did not result in photo/
Old 01-09-2011, 04:20 PM   #261
Blabbermouth!!!

I know Becky will chime in soon too and say keep it!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #262
Blabbermouth!!!

Hooray for the 145ers!! I too will be there with ya on Wednesday.:blush:
Old 01-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #263
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I had BETTER lose down to my goal this week... or else... or else... um, well, or else I will be on Stillmans another week LOL.
You are so on track nothing will stop you!!

As a reward, go to Fox and watch season 2 of GLEE for FREE!!! My guilty pleasure this weekend..
Old 01-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/165/160 5'5"
Hey Y'all!

I certainly don't think anyone should cut their hair because of societal "rules"...(I don't think that would be your reason CC, but it might be others)

I have rather long hair...my hair loss seems to have slowed down and my ponytail isn't as thick...but I mostly wear it up somehow. I like experimenting with new dos.

Yes, lets get down to 145!!!! I'm back down to 151...my all time low...it's so hard for me to believe! I found a nice suit on the clearance rack...it's really more of a spring/summer suit. I tried on the 10 and it fit great...although a little loose. I tried on the EIGHT...and it's a little tight in the hips...I think if I can get down to 140-145 by spring...it will be perfectamondo!!!!

I'm just in shock that I could even THINK about wearing an EIGHT!!! But I also have a size 10 skirt that is still too tight in the hips...so I'm probably dealing with vanity sizing...but I'll take it!!! haha

Yesterday all I had to eat was coffee w/cream & davinci's...a ribeye from Logan's steakhouse.. that filled me up so good that I really wasn't hungry...I had a Starbuck's Americano with cream & SF vanilla for supper. I think ribeye is the perfect food! : )

Everyone sounds like they are doing great...it's so worth it you all!! Just think, springtime will be here in a jiffy...those cute summer outfits...think about your arms looking trim in those short sleeve shirts...you waist being smaller for those cute clothes...think how great you'll feel if you put the work in now...
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
CC- the cab ride made me and now Im all stuffy.

I do envy your long hair! (just remembered you have pics up!) My hair has never ever been long. Never even made it to my bra!!!

Milo- You are doing fantastic! Cant wait to see your band pics! I sure hope you share!!!!

Aww, honey, the idea is to make you cherish the moments, not make you sad. You are so young, when you get a little older you will start to realize how time grows shorter each year.
Of course, parenting ages you pretty fast, too

Quote:
CC POLL: I have long hair past my hips as well. I remember back in high school when I cut it short... there was nothing to do but wait it out. I remember my BF seeing me, and although he didn't say anything, he looked dissappointed. I opt for the long hair. If kept in shape and healthy, men adore it, meaning your man will! Sometimes, if cut short, it never will grow back as long as it was. Please consider not cutting it shorter! I imagine it is beautiful. Why not post a pic of it, and then poll us? I bet you'd be convinced not to cut it...
it was butt length when I cut it to look like Tina on One Life To Live...layered on top and about middle of the back. I kept it up, nice and styled every day. One day I was going for my trim and himself said, 'Cut it again and I'll leave ya."

I should have went right to the salon!

Quote:
CC: Loved the leftovers from your inbox! I love the one about old age not lasting very long! LOL! And to be like the weather when it comes to criticism. Lots of other good stuff too! Thanks!
Thanks, hottie! I am the ofiicial humour squad....from living with the little leprechaun! I was a sad cynical sack when we met and one day he said to me, you'd better lighten up quick because regret is a bad friend to have in old age.

Quote:
Okay, I am stuck at three lbs till 145, my goal. JUST STUCK there! I have been a good girl and not eaten wasabi mayo with any of my meals and drank my water, so I don't know what gives, except that when I was at 165 the same thing happened and alot of people encouraged me to not give up. I craved gingersnaps today, and hooray was able to say NO!! I am too close to my goal!! I WILL make my goal and I WILL NOT give up. I WILL strive until that scale hits 145!

Today I had 3 eggs, 1oz skim milk cheese (I was sooo hungry this morning!) and two chicken breasts! Nothing else really to eat so I will just drink my water the remainder of the day.. it is around 3 pm when I stop eating anyway... I had BETTER lose down to my goal this week... or else... or else... um, well, or else I will be on Stillmans another week LOL. That is the reality. I can hardly wait till I sit down and eat a salad. I just can't risk that right now so I hope I lose 2 lbs tomorrow morning! I could live with that till I lose that last lb to goal!

What NON-FOOD low to no cost reward should I entertain... any suggestions? I need some motivation to stay on track, but can't think of anything right now...

OMG I want to be stuck there!!!!!!!!!!!

NON-FOOD low to no cost reward:

Beauty Shop DVD 5.00
pedicure 15.00
Lancome mascara 10.00
OPI nail color 6.00
old size 7 jeans or bikini from the attic...........PRICELESS

Quote:
CCgirl, tried to find your photo on the boards, can you help me? I went to the faces page and your user name did not result in photo/
ooh I might have to add you to the loop.....not all can see

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hey Y'all!

I certainly don't think anyone should cut their hair because of societal "rules"...(I don't think that would be your reason CC, but it might be others)

I have rather long hair...my hair loss seems to have slowed down and my ponytail isn't as thick...but I mostly wear it up somehow. I like experimenting with new dos.

Yes, lets get down to 145!!!! I'm back down to 151...my all time low...it's so hard for me to believe! I found a nice suit on the clearance rack...it's really more of a spring/summer suit. I tried on the 10 and it fit great...although a little loose. I tried on the EIGHT...and it's a little tight in the hips...I think if I can get down to 140-145 by spring...it will be perfectamondo!!!!

I'm just in shock that I could even THINK about wearing an EIGHT!!! But I also have a size 10 skirt that is still too tight in the hips...so I'm probably dealing with vanity sizing...but I'll take it!!! haha

Yesterday all I had to eat was coffee w/cream & davinci's...a ribeye from Logan's steakhouse.. that filled me up so good that I really wasn't hungry...I had a Starbuck's Americano with cream & SF vanilla for supper. I think ribeye is the perfect food! : )

Everyone sounds like they are doing great...it's so worth it you all!! Just think, springtime will be here in a jiffy...those cute summer outfits...think about your arms looking trim in those short sleeve shirts...you waist being smaller for those cute clothes...think how great you'll feel if you put the work in now...
ribeye is the perfect food! : )

nothing feels as good as single digit clothing sizes.......not even chocolate

Hey Becks how come your hair looks like a pixie cut in your avi-is it pulled back?

Off to hook you guys up to see pics of me...it's a private gallery.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:24 PM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Any, you can see them now..I added two mre from my Xmas outfit....the Lauren military jacket is to die for.

Unfortunately I had my camera set to portrait close up so I look like I'm in a fun house mirror, short and fat. Someday I will figure that darn camera out.......
Old 01-09-2011, 05:27 PM   #267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I think if you click on my user name in the left side of one of my posts it will reel you in.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:29 PM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Beauty Don't #4: Hair that falls to your hips
Demi Moore and girls under 21 can get away with super long hair, but not many others can. There is such a thing as hair that's too long no matter your face shape. Long hair can weigh your face down and once it grows far below your breasts it can look tacky. I have gotten reader complaints about this beauty don't -- usually from women over 40 -- and we can just agree to disagree. Look, if you get tons of compliments on your butt-skimming hair and you love it, by all means, keep it.

Beauty Mistakes People Make
Old 01-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

looking at porn again.........

Old 01-09-2011, 05:43 PM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good, the Packerrs won.................Michael Vick should have been treated like the dogs he tortured. Shame on you NFL.