Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 07:00 AM   #211
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ojay
Stats: 253/231/220
WOE: Atkins/Stillman
Start Date: June 2010
been posting in wrong places al day
how is every one doin guess great
have a fun day everyone
ojay is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2011, 12:20 PM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Just decided to revisit some of my goals!!

To keep my weight loss journal and note everything I put into my mouth, both good and not so good..
To leave the 150's in the dust
To log into LCF every day for the needed support
To eat only planned items. . no evil shall touch these lips. . and if something should happen to fall into said mouth, I will promptly confess and get on with my life. I will not let it ruin my hour, day, week or year!
To take it one minute at a time
To marvel at my successes and ignore my negative thoughts
To think about exercise. . notice I said "think!"
To do something nice for someone or myself every day!!

Wow. .I need some of this back. . Gotta think positive and gotta start motivating. . I counted everything today. .including the almonds I snuck in the car!! WTG. .I feel better now that I've confessed. .thank you for listening. .
Old 01-06-2011, 01:23 PM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
I lasted a little over 3 days on my water fast. I wimped out...started having terrible back and leg pains and couldn't sleep for two nights...I just couldn't take the pain anymore...I don't know if I was detoxing or what...I'm feeling much better although not all the way better now.

I did get caffeine and AS's out of my system so I may go a few more days on just meat and water and see how that feels.

I'm so glad this thread is thriving...it's so encouraging!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Just decided to revisit some of my goals!!

To keep my weight loss journal and note everything I put into my mouth, both good and not so good..
To leave the 150's in the dust
To log into LCF every day for the needed support
To eat only planned items. . no evil shall touch these lips. . and if something should happen to fall into said mouth, I will promptly confess and get on with my life. I will not let it ruin my hour, day, week or year!
To take it one minute at a time
To marvel at my successes and ignore my negative thoughts
To think about exercise. . notice I said "think!"
To do something nice for someone or myself every day!!
These sound great! I hope I get to leave the 150's in the dust with you!

Today I've had: Coffee & sugarfree syrup, vitamins, diet root beer, blueberry flavored coffee with 1 Splenda packet, a large can of tuna with mustard. Dinner will be flounder with seasonings. And when I get home, I plan on doing a Jackie Warner strength training video because her videos are the most challenging...and I've got 1 week to make myself look as best as I can for this band photo.

I've read on other low carb forums about people eating low fat silken tofu while on Stillman's. An entire package of lite silken tofu is 120 calories, 4g fat, 4g carbs, and 20g protein. I was thinking I could put it in a blender with some sugarfree syrup and make a pudding. But, I don't know if it will make me crave sweets or slow down my weight loss, so I'm hesitant to try it. Any thoughts on eating tofu on Stillman's?
milo_juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #215
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps! 3rd day completely clean down! Cravings gone-don't want to eat anything off plan--but I'm starving-I could literally eat every 2 hours! Hope I've got my willpower back-fingers crossed! Tired so I'm going to Zzzzz. Nite nite.
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #216
Senior LCF Member

I couldn't resist, I bought lite tofu...but I mistakenly bought firm tofu instead of silken. So my pudding came out like watered down paste

If I need a sweet fix, I'll stick to coffee with sugarfree sweetener, diet soda, tea, or gum instead of tofu pudding.

I just reread the QWL sticky & it says:
As much as you want of coffee and tea without cream, milk or sugar. You may sweeten with non-caloric sweeteners to taste. Enjoy all the club soda, vichy and non-caloric carbonated beverages you wish, as often as desired.
...So I guess I can drop the guilt I felt about consuming anything other than meat.

Excited for my weigh-in tomorrow!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:30 PM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
The coffe wasn't half bad without cream yesterday morning. I didn't bother with the coconut or almond milk, just drank it with Stevia.

It's all the eggs that are starting to get to me. I started clean Stillman's today (according to my evil plan) and now I'm too hungry to sleep. There are just SO many of those things I can stuff down my throat without gagging.

My LoseIt app says I gained (which I did) so I logged in on the computer and started a new goal! I feel good about not having to retrace my steps before it says I have lost weight, and I'm still a good 12 lbs less than this time last year anyway. I started tracking in May, and haven't lost since July when I took this stupid job!

I started a new goal on the Wii, which was very rude to me. There's nowhere to go but downhill! Stupid Wii didn't even remember the first half of the year when I made my 25 lb goal! I was within a few lbs of being "overweight" instead of "obese." I can get there!!
Old 01-07-2011, 07:40 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

This morning I weighed 149.4! So, not a huge loss from when I started at 153, but I've never been able to lose 4lbs in a week before. And the one time I stepped on the scale during carb-fest in late December, I was 156lbs. So I'm not off to a bad start. If I keep losing at this pace, I'll be at goal in 10 weeks!

Again, I need to heed wise Aleriaaa's advice. I keep thinking about things I could make that would be Stillman's-esque (like diet soda jello, or tofu pudding), but I need to remember that I can have all these things in my maintenance plan. And I'll get there the fastest by sticking to lean meats, minimizing condiments, and drinking lots of water. I'm even going to try to cut it down to 1 cup of coffee today.

This morning I didn't have enough time to pack my lunch, so lunch is going to have to be hard boiled eggs from 7-11, haha. They better not be out of stock, or otherwise I'm screwed! I wish I could eat their beef jerky, but there's always sugar as an ingredient. How do low carbers eat jerky? Do they have to buy it online? Make your own? Or do they include the carbs in your daily carb count?

Have a good day, everyone!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:55 AM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

One day at a time
One meal at a time
One hour at a time
One minute at a time. .

Why do I constantly need to remind myself of this? Sometimes my brain just wants to do its own thing. I'm still within program limits but I really didn't do well last night. The good news is: I documented each and every thing. .I recorded my mood and I will let myself get over it. . I can do this . . I can. I can. .

I'm hoping to see some of your smiling faces tonight. . Cheers. .back to work and my Chicken. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:14 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
It sounds like a lot of people are doing well on this board!

IM: Visualizing yourself slender and having fun on some beach or hiking, camping, or attending a great event in great clothes may be the thing, while counting your time... it may not feel so jail-like if you focus on future happy times you envision... just a thought..

I found Applegate natural beef hot dogs, totally non-cured at the health food store yesterday... and I had two, with a weight loss this morning. So, they will be my new go to food... They are better and more natural than the Hebrew National brank and have 350 mg of sodium, which is okay for me.

My one vice is that on some days I have Trader Joes Wasabi Mayo on either my eggs or chicken. My body seems to crave it when I am feeling sick or down. I had about 2 TBS this morning because i felt I really needed it... but the virtues of mustard are great too! I just read an article on the anti-inflamatory effects of mustard, and it raises the metabolism too! Yeah! I have yet to find any brand of mustard that has sugar in it. If I find the article again, I will post it.

I am back on my supplements after having to go off of them due to surgery, and my thyroid is now being supported again which should help with these last 3 lbs... UGH 3 lbs! I need to let go of my anxiety around losing these last three lbs. Its like, I am almost there... like a mirage or something!! It is emotionally difficult. I just want to get it done!

Becky; Fasting can lower your metabolism greatly. I have done anywhere from 1 day clear up to a 40 day water fast... while you are trying to lose weight please limit it so that your body will not go into starvation mode, which it will after 3 days or less! Unless it is for religous reasons, I strongly recommend you try maybe not eating after 3 or 4 pm. You can lose up to a lb a day just doing that most likely, and it is still a modified fast... just trying to help.
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

7-11 WAS out of hard boiled eggs! I considered skipping out on lunch completely, but then remembered that I'm not going to be home until much later & I know I couldn't fast all day. Luckily they had prepackaged turkey slices! So I ate a package of those, and even though it wasn't ideal (6g of carbs, all sugar!), I did the best I could. Can't wait to get home to my turkey burgers!

Some strategies to help me get through the rest of these weeks:
1) always carry around a couple packets of tuna & a plastic fork in my purse
2) always have ground turkey on hand at home
3) buy more flavored teas, maybe carry some of them around in my purse as well
Old 01-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hi all, just a quick drive by....still have the nasty cold and we got eight inches of snow which is still falling.

Keep the faith and love your meat!

ckik breast calling me..........
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy SAHM
Stats: 5'5" 223/194/140 ish or lower
WOE: Atkins 72'
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Greetings Everyone!

I've been trying to read all of your incredibly funny and inspirational posts from the past week. Congrats to all of you on your dedication and committment to this WOE and on your losses. It's such a fun board to read and contribute to when time allows.

Yesterday marked 4 weeks on LC for me. I weighed yesterday morning and I am down 17.5 lbs from when I started. It's a good start! I probably would have seen a much more substantial loss had I followed Stillman's strictly. However, my youngest is 5 1/2 months and I am still nursing her. I have gone low carb around 5-6 months with all 4 of my children with no ill effects on them. It makes me feel better, however, to get some vegetables and salad greens in there and take my prenatals. I am eating clean, and probably following more closely Atkins 72 (not intentionally), but it's working and I feel great and look forward to incorporating exercise into my plan.

Oh, and I also bought some Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar which I had used the last time I low carbed. Some dilute it in water or other beverages, I don't mind taking a swig straight. Some swear by it...saying it helps with weight loss..what do you all think of it? I also drink a cup or two of decaf green tea a day...has good health benefits..and I really love the taste of it!

Have a great night! Keep up the great work and let's all stay committed!!

Colleen
Happy SAHM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:17 AM   #224
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hi Everyone!!!

milo- great job getting to the 140's!! I too feel a sense of calm when Im on meat only, but it takes me a few weeks to get htere. Im glad youre feeling the positive effects already!

redteapot- Welcome back to the boards and congrats on your zero carb diet over the weeks!! There most definitely comes a time when I need more fat and luckily, I am still able to lose, just not as fast.

becky- So glad you kicked the caffeine and AS to the curb! I hope you keep it going cause that right there is amazing!! I know you wish you couldve fasted longer but you have accomplished what most of us could not. Did you lose anything in those three days? Did you gain it back? Im just curious.

GT- how you holding up, girl? I didnt make it. Sorry.

Anything- Only 3 pounds to go! Thats awesome! I would love to hear more about this 40 day water fast. How on earth could you do it?!?

CC- Hope you are feeling better!!! No shoveling for you and your pinky! Its BFs turn!

smalls- A loss is a loss and you are still a champion for keeping it off! So glad your back! Now you can get back to that losing streak with us and Stills!!

IM2- We will get there!! One way or another. You are sticking to plan is that is great!! Are you still liking WW, are you finding it easier than Stillmans?

Happy- 17.5 lbs is G-R-E-A-T!!!! and that was low carb results peeps! Just think what we can get done with Stillmans!!! I was able to drop weight rather quickly after my babies. Keep up the nursing cause it helps!!

ojay!!! Fantastic job sticking to plan!!! Any results?? How do you feel after the first few days?
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:18 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Hi, Colleen! Yes, you definitely want to eat lots of veggies if you are preggo. With my limited success at Stillman's (18 lbs) I'm starting to wonder if some super-low carb veggies wouldn't be a bad thing for me. I had some zucchinni with my chicken last night and a cucumber for lunch with one bite of egg. Mind you, I'm sick with a stomach bug, so veggies set better than meat and eggs!

Down 5 lbs in two days, but I know it's all water weight. This will be day 3 of Stillman's (plus minimal veggies) and I know this is the day I usually break down and have some fat and rotate into a modified Atkins for a week. After 3 months of NOT losing on this plan, I'm thinking of extending the Stillman's part of the rotation to get some progress made!

Feb 19 marks my mother-in-law's big birthday party down in Florida and I want to fit in the plane better. My daughter's boyfriend's dad is flying us down in his little plane and I don't want to make it so lop-sided it's not safe.:blush:
smallerizing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:22 AM   #226
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
Down 5 lbs in two days, but I know it's all water weight.
Woohoo!! Dontcha love that!!!??! Stillman says its fat too!! Keep it up!! You will have no problems fitting on that plane!! You can do it!!
Old 01-08-2011, 06:38 AM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_teapot View Post
I am going to try Stillman's again. I have been eating a high fat zero carb diet, but I am gaining and not losing. My appetite is enormous--what used to fill me up just doesn't anymore. And I've had no carbs (other than what's in eggs, coffee or meat) several weeks except for wine at new year's. I am definitely in ketosis and I checked my blood sugar this morning--very good at 83; yet, I'm not losing.

So it's back, at least for a little while, to Stillman's. I get so fat-starved on Stillman's. Does that happen to anyone else? I start devouring chicken or turkey skin if it's there or just craving fat. So far today, I've had two beef ribs and a small amount of ground beef. All delicious, but I know I'll be up tomorrow! And leftover Christmas goodies from the children still call me. I've abstained, but still....it's hard.

I've lots of canned tuna, eggs, and chicken breasts. It doesn't sound inviting, but I guess I have got to change things up.
"Fat-starved" is exactly how I feel!! It helps when I visualize my ample fat stores being burned up by this fat-hunger. It's your body's way of consuming your belly and arm fat instead of what you eat! For me, portion control is easier on Stillman's because the food is so dadgum BORING. And you know you want to be thinner more than you want those stale old holiday goodies, we've all had our fair share of them already and it's time to Just Say No. Keep it up, just one day at a time, and watch the scale reward you!
Old 01-08-2011, 06:48 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
You can lose up to 20 pounds in two weeks. I beleive it.

Girls, Im drinking my coffee black! Im shopping for tuna and turkey today. What's your plan gonna be? I will do this!!!
Is this true? I have been off Stillmans for two months. Will my metabolism have forgotten how resistant to diets it is? I would do ANYTHING to lose 20 pounds in two weeks!!

I also started drinking coffee without cream, although I put some stevia in it. Thanks to Gevalia German Chocolate Cake coffee, it's quite edible.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everyone. .Just thought I'd check in . .I promised myself No computer sitting all day so this is gonna be a quick drive by. Been gathering my coupons for the big shop. .kids have finally chomped their way through most of my stock pile! LOL. Double coupons - mega deals. . here I come!

Yes Al. Still doing the WW thing but I found in the last week. .more carbs = more hunger and more bloat. .I'm going back to meat and veggies for awhile. .I know I can live without the other stuff and still be satisfied. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Oh AL, don't be proud of me...I had a diet coke last night and a cuppa coffee this morning with da cream! But I might try to scale back...

I didn't really give Meat and water only enough days to see if it put me in the zone...

I just don't want to start feeling deprived...
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:04 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

CC: You do not want to do a forty day water fast unless GOD leads you for spiritual reasons! It plays havoc on your metaboslism and you will lose that great muscle that burns fat!

WARNING ON TEAS: Yesterday I went to a friends house for lunch. I brought my chicken and thought all was well... until today when I stepped on the scale. How could I have gained .4 lbs. ?? I called Coffee Bean and Tea and asked if there was sugar in the mix... YES! There was fructose in the mix according to person who checked it out over the phone. Fructose in many ways is worse than glucose because of how it is metabolized in the liver according to Dr Mercola. I am, yes, very upset. However, this is a small lesson for me to learn, which is always to check all ingredients in unfamiliar foods. Who thought tea would have fructose in it???
Old 01-08-2011, 09:11 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

So... I STILL have 3.8 lbs to lose. Which for some of you, you may not understand why I am bellying aching about this. You will understand once you get there, and you will! But it is because those last three and a half lbs are not budging. I just need someone to tell me, hang in there! Don't give up! Okay, thank you for listening to my rant... Love you all!

Milo: I love your inspiring coping skills! Again, just watch your flavored teas!
Old 01-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #233
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
Is this true? I have been off Stillmans for two months. Will my metabolism have forgotten how resistant to diets it is? I would do ANYTHING to lose 20 pounds in two weeks!!
Yup it is! Yes it will! Give it a shot! We can do this. Its only two weeks out of our life, right? (convincing myself over here..)
Old 01-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #234
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Hey everyone. .Just thought I'd check in . .I promised myself No computer sitting all day so this is gonna be a quick drive by. Been gathering my coupons for the big shop. .kids have finally chomped their way through most of my stock pile! LOL. Double coupons - mega deals. . here I come!

Yes Al. Still doing the WW thing but I found in the last week. .more carbs = more hunger and more bloat. .I'm going back to meat and veggies for awhile. .I know I can live without the other stuff and still be satisfied. .
Hey there super shoppper!!
Old 01-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #235
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Oh AL, don't be proud of me...I had a diet coke last night and a cuppa coffee this morning with da cream! But I might try to scale back...
Im still proud of ya!
Old 01-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #236
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
CC: You do not want to do a forty day water fast unless GOD leads you for spiritual reasons! It plays havoc on your metaboslism and you will lose that great muscle that burns fat!

WARNING ON TEAS: Yesterday I went to a friends house for lunch. I brought my chicken and thought all was well... until today when I stepped on the scale. How could I have gained .4 lbs. ?? I called Coffee Bean and Tea and asked if there was sugar in the mix... YES! There was fructose in the mix according to person who checked it out over the phone. Fructose in many ways is worse than glucose because of how it is metabolized in the liver according to Dr Mercola. I am, yes, very upset. However, this is a small lesson for me to learn, which is always to check all ingredients in unfamiliar foods. Who thought tea would have fructose in it???
I would never do a 40 day water fast, but thanks for the heads up! I cant even do 4 days of a meat and crystal light fast. But I will!!!

This tea experience makes me think of when I contacted hellmans mayo. I wanted to know just how much sugar was in the 64 oz jar. They never admitted to it, just said, blah blah Hellmans is 0 carb blah blah. Liars. Not if I eat the whole tub!!
Old 01-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #237
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
So... I STILL have 3.8 lbs to lose. Which for some of you, you may not understand why I am bellying aching about this. You will understand once you get there, and you will! But it is because those last three and a half lbs are not budging. I just need someone to tell me, hang in there! Don't give up! Okay, thank you for listening to my rant... Love you all!
Hang in there! Dont give up!!! Those pesky 3 pounds. I know exactly how you feel.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:56 PM   #238
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps! Just a quick hello. Stayed on plan-minus a tiny bite of a fishcake! Was reading the Dukan diet-the beginning is just stolen from Stillman! But he talks a lot of sense........until you get to the end when it's depressing! He talks about why are bodies will regain the weight so quickly etc.! But he has a plan for that! Oh yeah and he says your body will always remember your top weight and will always try to get back there! Eeeeeeeeek! And he also says eveeryone has a True Weight-a weight that easy for your body to maintain and a number it likes......and guess what mine is 133!!! Yes my body adores that number! And he says there's no point in trying to go under your True Weight cos it's too hard to maintain!! As I said depressing!! He! Going to bed, nite nite!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:53 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: VeeH
I'm here! Finally caught up on reading a week's worth of posts! So inspirational! I'm low carbing right now, but not doing strict Stillman's just yet--heading in that direction, but the food can be so boring. I'm doing veggies, because I need to variety, and I know this is still a form of Stillman's, but it feels like "cheating." Anyway, not much to say except that I am very anxious about starting school this coming week. Don't know if I'm "ready," but I know that plugging in here will help me stay focused. Miss you all!
VeeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:51 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hello everyone. Have not been around for a while. I am finding it really difficult getting back on track. I really need to get a couple of days under my belt. I will be starting Stillman's again tomorrow. wish me luck. Gotta catch up with all the posts.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote