Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 02:59 PM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010

I guess if you're unemployed and heading out for a quick stop at the grocery store for some milk for your dinner of cereal, then I can see how going to the trouble of putting on some pants can be asking too much.

But do we really need sweatpants that look like jeans but are really pajamas? Is America that lazy? Or stupid enough to spend $40 on them?

The company throws in a T-shirt for the $40, so maybe that makes it a deal. The Web site describes them as having "high contrast stitching, brass rivets and an unbeatable fit" and that they're made of "dormisoft fabric (95% cotton, 5% spandex) that doesn't tug or bind" but "is as soft as cotton."

I understand that velour sweatpants can be an expensive, yet comfortable, fashion statement. But $40 pajamas to wear outside is crazy.

If America is used to the slept-in look in public, the British aren't accepting it. A supermarket in Wales has banned customers from wearing pajamas and nightwear in the store. Jeans and sweatpants were so far still allowed, but not nightwear.

As a Videogum blogger put it in a bit more sassy language, nothing says "I'm an idiot who can't deal with even the most mundane of day-to-day adult responsibility like a pair of jeans that are secretly pajamas."

Exactly. If you can't get out of your pajamas to go out of the house, and have to buy pajamas that look like jeans, then don't leave the house.

Aaron Crowe is a freelance journalist in the San Francisco Bay Area

Last edited by CCGirl; 01-04-2011 at 03:03 PM..
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2011, 03:12 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
Woke up late today, ate 3 turkey sausages and downed a bunch of vitamins. Don't think I'll be able to get on the rebounder today, but I have been walking all over town running errands. Stopped in Whole Foods to pick up a beverage and spotted a glass bottle of Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar drink. The ingredients are water, apple cider vinegar, ginger, and stevia. 0 calories and carbs. I've read about how ACV helps with all kinds of conditions (including weight loss), so I thought it was a good choice. Tastes alright too. While I was running errands I also picked up some Lorann flavor oils. So now I'm thinking I'll make my own apple cider vinegar drink with water, ACV, stevia, and apple flavor drops.

Right now I'm studying in the library (I'm a grad student) and my tummy is rumbling. When I get home I wanna eat some chicken breasts with hot sauce.

I've run out of fiber powder, eggs, and sausage, so it's going to be tuna, turkey, chicken, fish, shrimp, and scallops from here on out. Oh, and ACV drink and coffee with stevia

Not gonna weigh myself til Friday. I'm praying to be in the 140's

One piece of advice that's been helping me is that I feel like I'm starting to gain momentum. It's so easy to cheat in the beginning because you won't see any kind of setback from it, but you also won't see progress. I can already tell that I've lost the bloated extra pounds I've gained during the holidays, and now I'm motivated to keep going until I see the original pounds start to come off too. I haven't been tempted to cheat (well, aside from the latte, which I didn't realize was as bad as it was) because I keep telling myself that I only have to be this strict for like, 15 weeks of my life, and then I can go back to normal low carb eating. These 15 weeks are going to pass anyway, so I might as well spend this time getting as healthy as I can. This is going to be a pretty tough semester for me, so I'm probably going to be staying in a lot until spring. I want to get to goal by spring and have my friends be blown away by how I look. I want them to be living proof that Stillman's is THE WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT. I want to buy a bikini (I've never been thin enough to wear one my entire teen/adult life). I want to give away all of my oversized clothes. I just started singing in a band, and we plan on playing shows in the spring time, and I want to feel confident in my body when I'm on stage and all eyes are on me. And I want these things more than I could ever want any piece of food.

Have FAITH that STRICT STILLMAN'S WILL GET YOU TO YOUR GOAL. Visualize how being at goal will change you (not just the way you look, but the way you feel about yourself, and the way you'll be able to move around in your new body) and stick to the plan! We can do it!!!

Once I get to the 130's, I'll update with some "before" and "during" photos.

Go Stillmanites, go!
milo_juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:53 PM   #183
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
What are panama pants??????
I meant pajama pants! IPad seems to have weird predictive text!
ah-hah!!! I hate that too, when Im trying to text on my phone!! It never gives me the word I NEED!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:54 PM   #184
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

I guess if you're unemployed and heading out for a quick stop at the grocery store for some milk for your dinner of cereal, then I can see how going to the trouble of putting on some pants can be asking too much.

But do we really need sweatpants that look like jeans but are really pajamas? Is America that lazy? Or stupid enough to spend $40 on them?

The company throws in a T-shirt for the $40, so maybe that makes it a deal. The Web site describes them as having "high contrast stitching, brass rivets and an unbeatable fit" and that they're made of "dormisoft fabric (95% cotton, 5% spandex) that doesn't tug or bind" but "is as soft as cotton."

I understand that velour sweatpants can be an expensive, yet comfortable, fashion statement. But $40 pajamas to wear outside is crazy.

If America is used to the slept-in look in public, the British aren't accepting it. A supermarket in Wales has banned customers from wearing pajamas and nightwear in the store. Jeans and sweatpants were so far still allowed, but not nightwear.

As a Videogum blogger put it in a bit more sassy language, nothing says "I'm an idiot who can't deal with even the most mundane of day-to-day adult responsibility like a pair of jeans that are secretly pajamas."

Exactly. If you can't get out of your pajamas to go out of the house, and have to buy pajamas that look like jeans, then don't leave the house.

Aaron Crowe is a freelance journalist in the San Francisco Bay Area

Yes this was hilarious!!! point taken. I WILL NOT BUY PJ PANTS. (But I would have never spent $40 on them..waaaay too much!!)
Old 01-04-2011, 05:01 PM   #185
Blabbermouth!!!

Great post Milo!!!! I feel your enthusiasm!! and btw.. I never counted liquid cheats in the past. hahhaa I think we can do this in 10 weeks, my cup is half full right now!!!

Had another no cream in my coffee, turkey day! Lots of ground stuff and breast! I ate A LOT, but its all good. took a vitamin (thx IM2), and topped it all off with some crystal light!

Day 2 down, one more to go til freedom!!! No headache tonight, but I am a little tired. already got in some more movement on my kinect, and Im pretty amazed at myself. I know its nothing compared to you girls that exercise for real, but I have been sooooo sedentary for so long!!
Old 01-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #186
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
I just started singing in a band, and we plan on playing shows in the spring time, and I want to feel confident in my body when I'm on stage and all eyes are on me.
Sooooo Cool!!!! What type of music??
Old 01-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #187
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

OMG you are the queen of the whoosh!!!
what is the opposite of a whoosh because Im definitely the queen of that! :blush:
Old 01-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #188
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Good you!
First day of completely clean Stilly eating for me too-hope it gets easier from now----
COOL!!! i wont cheat until you do, so dont!!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:38 PM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
After my two weeks, I'll probably start experimenting with flavor. i want to try a splash of soy sauce in my broth. maybe it'll taste like ramen soup, and I'll just throw in all the chopped meat!

IM2- is your hot sauce soup just the broth with the sauce in it?? did gwen used to do that? I miss her!!!!!!
I've actually used hot sauce on everything lately. . but my soup was broth meat hot sauce. . I did toss in some veggies (I've used cabbage in the past) and MMmmm. . it is good. .

Hot sauce still goes on my salad, in my soup. on my meat, tuna and eggs. . I'm truly addicted.

speaking of hot stuff. . I miss Gwen too. . I've been nudging her back. . she's not quite ready but I think she'll cave soon. .

I have to say.. I still gotta cut out more and more of my carbs. . even just adding a few gives me a terrible bloat that I can't seem to shake and I don't like it. . Must detox . I might try a tuna day tomorrow. . according to my plan. .I can "legally" 14 packets! 14 packets! OMG> . . .
Old 01-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow! Thanks for the great posts . Ive gotta start logging in during the day (despite the No internet at work rule.) I've taken my Ipad to work but can't get wireless services. . wahhhh..
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:38 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sooooo Cool!!!! What type of music??
Dancey, fuzzy rock with soft whispery vocals. We want to make a youtube music video, but won't be ready for a couple months. So maybe instead of showing ya'll my progress photos, I'll update with a link to my band's video

It has now been 7 days of Stillman's-esque eating. For the first couple of days I was cooking my meat in a little bit of bacon grease, was eating a lot of eggs, ate 2 boxes of Jell-O in 2 days, and drank a 23g of carbs latte. Not surprisingly, I don't expect my weight loss to be any more than 3lbs.

Because I hate wasting leftovers, tomorrow I'll finish up the pork chops I cooked in bacon grease a few days ago. After that, it's lean meat city from here on out. After reading amazon reviews of QWL, I've realized that it really is the lean meat that's essential for weight loss, so that's what will be the mainstay of my diet. No more pork, bacon, beef, dollops of mayo, cooking meat in butter/bacon grease, or sugarfree Jell-o. Just mean lean meats and fish with hot sauce, soy sauce, or mustard.

For the first couple of days I was using flavored sugarfree fiber powder in my water, and it tasted soooo good. I used to drink plain water all the time, but now that I've had flavored water, I can't get enough of the flavored stuff. I'm considering drinking Crystal Light and/or diet sodas but I've read so many times that that stuff stalls weight on a LC diet.

Aleriaa, when you did QWL the first time around, did you notice if diet drinks slowed you down? I'm curious if the regular low carbers have stalled because of too much fat/calories in their diet, rather than because of diet drinks...

Also, how often is everyone weighing herself? I'm thinking I should do it every 3-5 days. On Weds 12/29 I weighed 153. On Monday 1/3 (before the latte) I weighed 151.6. I promised myself I wasn't going to weigh again until Friday, when TOM is over. Until then, I'm going to visualize stepping on the scale and seeing a number under 150

Oh, and I wanted to throw this out there to any of the Low Carb Friends that might be reading but are hesitant to try Stillman's because they believe they need fat in their diet. If you're overweight, you've got all the fat you need! Because your body is breaking down its own fat as fuel while eating the Stillman's way, you're not starving your body. "Rabbit starvation" only occurs when you've burned all of own fat stores. I've got about 40lbs of fat for my body to burn through. After that, I can't wait to include fats back into my diet, because then the fats I eat will be burned as fuel.

But until then, no fats, no carbs, just lean meats and lots of weight loss
Old 01-05-2011, 02:07 AM   #192
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
ah-hah!!! I hate that too, when Im trying to text on my phone!! It never gives me the word I NEED!!
Exactly! I've it switched off on my phone!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:07 AM   #193
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks CC! They look so comfy tho-and stretchy for post x-mas!
Old 01-05-2011, 02:08 AM   #194
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
what is the opposite of a whoosh because Im definitely the queen of that! :blush:
Old 01-05-2011, 02:09 AM   #195
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
COOL!!! i wont cheat until you do, so dont!!
I didn't!
Old 01-05-2011, 05:28 AM   #196
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello My Friends!!!! I got my power-up this morning!! Alarm clock went off and I jumped out of bed @ 6. No snoozin here. I was ready to go! Just getting around to my no cream coffee now!!! and my vitamin breakfast, of course. Perhaps therre is something to that multi. Ive only been taking one (the instuc. said two). But one is not giving me that yucky pukey feeling..

Milo- We definitely want a video and befores and afters!! That'll be great. Good idea to cut all the extras back. Beter to do it now than prolong this diet forever! Ive been prolonging for months and my stats prove it.

I weigh mostly everyday. and I was able to lose with the CL (and wine- ) When I started at 189 it took me 5 full months to get to 124-125. I kept it all meat, but added fat (like chicken legs or ribeyes) on occasion so it probably couldve been quicker. I kept eating fatty meat through the next 4 months and ended up at 113. I had never felt so good as I did eating meat. I tried to cut out the artificial sweetners but I just couldnt. Meat and water only is t-o-u-g-h!
Old 01-05-2011, 05:32 AM   #197
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I can "legally" 14 packets! 14 packets! OMG> . . .
WOW!! COOL!
Old 01-05-2011, 05:34 AM   #198
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I didn't!
Great! Lets keep it going!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:03 AM   #199
Blabbermouth!!!

BTW: Im taking the kids for an overnight so if you dont hear from me tomorrow-thats why. I will not be cheating!!! Promise!!

I'll check in before I go!!
Old 01-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

I'm having such a good day today! I think this lean protein way of eating has even changed my mood. I'm usually a very anxious person. Last semester was really difficult because I doubted myself and believed that grad school was too difficult for me. I also had trouble focusing at my internship, and would spend more time browsing the Internet rather than working. But since I've started eating this way, I noticed I feel more calm and self-assured about my abilities. This is great!

This morning I had a coffee with stevia and a fiber supplement drink (I found a couple packets in the bottom of my purse, and couldn't resist. I promise, promise, promise I won't buy any more after these are all gone.) I thought I would need to eat breakfast, but I haven't felt hungry yet! I packed a tupperware of tuna & mustard that I'm about to dive into along with a Diet Dr Pepper. I have band practice after work until late, so I'll be having a late dinner to go along with my late lunch. I'm going to eat a chicken breast with hot sauce, and if I'm still hungry, I'll cook up a turkey burger with mustard. I think if I keep up with these lean meat days, I'll meet my goal of being under 150 by Friday's weigh-in! ::fingers crossed::
Old 01-05-2011, 12:44 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeepot
Start Date: Sept.2014
I am going to try Stillman's again. I have been eating a high fat zero carb diet, but I am gaining and not losing. My appetite is enormous--what used to fill me up just doesn't anymore. And I've had no carbs (other than what's in eggs, coffee or meat) several weeks except for wine at new year's. I am definitely in ketosis and I checked my blood sugar this morning--very good at 83; yet, I'm not losing.

So it's back, at least for a little while, to Stillman's. I get so fat-starved on Stillman's. Does that happen to anyone else? I start devouring chicken or turkey skin if it's there or just craving fat. So far today, I've had two beef ribs and a small amount of ground beef. All delicious, but I know I'll be up tomorrow! And leftover Christmas goodies from the children still call me. I've abstained, but still....it's hard.

I've lots of canned tuna, eggs, and chicken breasts. It doesn't sound inviting, but I guess I have got to change things up.
coffeepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #202
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Great! Lets keep it going!!!
So wanted to cheat today-twice. Was in a cafe after getting my hair highlighted and I was starving and a brownie kept staring at me! I didn't cave tho. And then later my Mum was still eating those chocs and God I so want one, the are 5 left-oh yes peeps I've counted! I won't cave tho! Come on Al, we have to keep this winning streak up!
Old 01-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #203
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
BTW: Im taking the kids for an overnight so if you dont hear from me tomorrow-thats why. I will not be cheating!!! Promise!!

I'll check in before I go!!
Have fun!
Old 01-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #204
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
WOW!! COOL!
14 packs of tuna?!?! Oh joy!!
Old 01-05-2011, 03:59 PM   #205
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok peeps going to bed- no cheats, no BLTs! Day 2 down. Just had a can of tuna an hour ago cos I was starving-ketosis better kick in soon! Nite nite!
Old 01-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Food isn't bad; food is life. Hating the very thing that sustains us seemed like a recipe for failure, and I thought maybe what we should have been discussing was finding a sensible way to live with food and to love and appreciate food, but to not let food rule our lives."
Old 01-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just thought I'd throw that out there. I've been "netting" again. .
Old 01-05-2011, 05:29 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Staying strong. . I think I'll go to bed .I'm tired. .
Old 01-05-2011, 09:48 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Today's on-plan items were: a large can of tuna with mustard, and one large chicken breast with hot sauce.

The questionable items were coffee with stevia, 2 packets of fiber supplement powdered drink mix, a cup of coffee with 2 pumps of sugarfree Davinci's, a 16 oz. bottle of diet Pepsi, and 2 pieces of gum.

656 calories, 7.6 net grams of carbs (14) total, 15.3 grams of fat. C'mon, weight loss!

Lean meat really does blunt my appetite! While I was eating my tuna I thought I would be hungry afterward, but I had to shovel the last few forkfuls into my mouth. Same with the chicken breast. I love this! However, I don't notice a difference in my body yet, but it's still early in the game.

Had a really good band practice...so much energy! (But that could be from the 2 cups of coffee ) I'm really nervous about weekends while I'm on this plan. I have a large circle of friends who often go out for brunch/happy hour/dinner. I'm going to make a point to turn down the overt food-centric hangouts, but I'm worried that we'll be out doing something and everyone will want to eat, but I'll have to say I'm not hungry while in the meantime I'm starving for some chicken or tuna! (There's that nervous personality I mentioned earlier!) But there's no use in worrying about it now, when it might not even happen. I am not tempted to cheat, I'm just nervous that people might start pressing me about my food habits. I should start carrying around a bunch of tuna packets in my purse all the time, just in case...

Next Wednesday the band is having a photo shoot & I'll be wearing a strapless prom gown. I know a week is a very short of time for my body to make a change, but tomorrow I'll start doing some upper body strength training in preparation. I'll still be technically overweight (once I dip under 140lbs, I'll be "average weight") but I can still try my best to not look so flabby.

Stay strong, Stillmanites!
Old 01-06-2011, 06:57 AM   #210
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ojay
Stats: 253/231/220
WOE: Atkins/Stillman
Start Date: June 2010
had plain beef chunks this morning with plenty waterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,weight loss here i come
ojay is offline   Reply With Quote